How to send HTML as message body using SMTP

I need to send HTML formatted emails.  I used the Report Generation
Toolkit to build my HTML document and make sure I had all of the
formatting right.  Then I modified the Save Report To File.vi to also
give me the HTML text string on an output connector and I wire this
string to the message input on the SMTP Email Send Message.vi.

I receive the email OK, but all I see is the HTML code in the message
body.  What can I do to make sure that the email displays the message
correctly.

I use Outlook and I know it will receive and display HTML emails, I
get them all the time.

I would appreciate any help.
0
x9561 (148439)

your problem is that "SMTP Email Send Message.vi" send message as MINE
content-type "text/plain". You must change this MINE content-type to
"text/html" type.

You can change this value permanent in "SMTP Email MIME Text
Content-Type.vi" or you can creat new control "MINE content-type" and
take it out to "SMTP Email Send Message.vi". [after care for char '\n'
on the end of new control "MINE content-type" string - you must delete
it]

Good luck.

 JCC
1
x9561 (148439)
10/15/2004 9:41:16 AM
JCC,

Thanks for the help.  That worked perfectly.

One more question.  Can I send embedded jpg or gif images in an HTML
formatted email?

Thanks again,

dgw
0
x9561 (148439)

How to send HTML mail via 'use Net::SMTP'
I am using use Net::SMTPto send a mail, but the mail being send is in the simple text format with the html code and I want that code to appear in HTML. How to achive this ? I am struggling. -Maneesh Quoth "Maneesh" <mmanocha@gmail.com>: > I am using use Net::SMTPto send a mail, but the mail being send is in > the simple text format with the html code and I want that code to > appear in HTML. > > How to achive this ? I am struggling. You need to set the appropriate MIME headers to state that your message is HTML. You may want to look at the MIME::Tools pa...

Access 2007
Hi, I=92m using access 2007. I would like to use one of my reports as the body of an outlook 2007 email message. I=92m able to export the report as an HTML file but can=92t figure out how to use either as body of the email message. Is this possible in VBA? Can anyone help with an example or sample code if possible? Thanks All Cris On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 19:28:05 -0800 (PST), Dummy <cliff72@gmail.com> wrote: The simplest way to distribute a report is to use the built-in features. Check out DoCmd.SendObject in the help file. If you want to do this the hard but flexible wa...

A message is trying to send a message Using MAPI
I have Eudora 5.1 I am getting this message: A message is trying to send a message using MAPI. I click, "Don't warn me anymore" and say I don't want to see message. The warning box still keeps popping up. I am having email interface with a program I have, and already know about the message. How can I permanently disable the warning message in Eudora. Thanks much, Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

Sending J1939 messages from LabVIEW 8.0 to a CAN device using NI USB-8473s
I need to send J1939 messages over a CAN bus using LabVIEW 8.0.&nbsp; I have been trying to use the example for Event Based Transmission in LabVIEW Example Finder but I cannot figure out what or how to set the arbitration ID or the data bytes.&nbsp; Can anyone please help?&nbsp; I am using the NI USB-8473s CAN interface. For example, a message that I receive from the CAN device using the Frame API CAN Receive VI is:2CFD93EAWith the Data:D0 FF FF FF FF FF FF FFSo I just want to reverse this action and be able to send the message from LabVIEW.Thanks,Eimear Hi Eimear,Please can you t...

smtp send message.vi has a wrong send time
I am using labview 7.0 with internet toolkit. When I tried to use "SMTP send message.vi" to send alert message, I got the wrong DATE field. The time is off by a hour. I would suggest looking at your computer's DST settings - perhaps you have set the clock ahead but not turned on DST. If so, the conversion to GMT and back will not be correct. There is a bug in the way the LabVIEW treats daylight savings time in LabVIEW 7.0. Date/Time To Seconds primitive currently ignores it and that is the function used in the email VI. ...

eror sending message with mime/smtp (flush). message size?
I posted a message a few days ago and have been trying to solve the problem I get when sending email to a particular SMTP server. I have isolated the problem to be related to the size of the message - nothing to do whether attachments or not. Here is the transcript of the message (as recorded by sockspy). 14:34:59 connect from 127.0.0.1 localhost 25 1528 14:34:59 connecting to smtp.xtra.co.nz:25 14:35:02 220 web4-rme.xtra.co.nz ESMTP server ready Fri, 7 May 2004 14:34:51 +1200 14:35:02 14:35:02 EHLO localhost 14:35:02 14:35:03 250-web4-rme.xtra.co.nz 14:35:03 250-HELP 14:35:03 250-XREMOTEQU...

how to use tcl smtp lib to send out email using gmail account
Hello, Gurus: I tried to use smtp lib to send email using gmail account, but it will stuck there, anybody knows why? below is my scripts, thank in advance. set token [::mime::initialize -canonical $mail_format -$msg_type $msg_body] ::mime::setheader $token Subject $msg_subject ::mime::setheader $token From xx@gmail.com ::mime::setheader $token To xx@gmail.com ::smtp::sendmessage $token -ports 465 -originator "xx@gmail.com" - recipients "xx@gmail.com" -servers "smtp.gmail.com" -username "xx@gmail.com" -password xx it will stuck in sendmessage eve...

send message in html
I have this problem : I send a message in html but this was stopped from the antivirus. This the program --------------------- $intestazioni = "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n"; $intestazioni .= "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\r\n"; $intestazioni .= "From: Richiedente <$email_richiedente>\r\n"; mail($email_invio, $OGGETTOMESSAGGIO, "$testomessaggio\n\n", $intestazioni); ----------------------------------- This is the response : Disallowed characters found in MIME headers Can help me somebody ? please ? tanks Matteo I noticed th...

using mail to send html
anyone know how to use mail to send html content? i know it has to do with content-type but where do i specify it? On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:35:58 GMT, radioactiveman <radioactivem@springfield.com> wrote: >anyone know how to use mail to send html content? i know it has to do >with content-type but where do i specify it? > > > Why in the world would you *want* to? Html is for webpages, not for email. -- Joe Zeff The Guy With the Sideburns Bloody kids these days! - Give 'em a logic probe & they wouldn't know where to stick it. ...

API for Sending HTML Messages
I've already written a wrapper for simple MAPI which lets me send a mail from my MFC application.. I need to send a HTML message.. which is the best API that i may use which is simple and which does the job of just opening my outlook with the desired fields filled.. and just asking for Send confirmation.. I've done some research on Extended MAPI but to no use.. people say edk.h cannot be used.. since it is old and has many dependency issues.. so which is the best thing to do this simple task.. On 16 juin, 14:59, Charith <charith.n...@gmail.com> wrote: > I've ...

send simple smtp message
A colleague of mine recently asked to have Evan Rempel's "email18.tcl" single-file mail-message sending package installed in our system library. Searching the newsgroup leads me to believe that Evan hasn't been around for a couple of years, but you can still find his package at http://web.uvic.ca/~erempel/tcl/Email/Email.html. This package implements the smtp protocol and an easy-to-use "send" function. I suggested to my colleague that he just use the smtp package in tcllib. There is an example "send_simple_message" in the man page, and I see a little ...

using AOL for SMTP sending
just like so many folks that travel, some use national accounts for dialup. AOL now has Open email access using IMAP and SMTP... However - out question is for folks using AOL for dialup, but trying to send email from their "other" domain.... ie - Phil@xyz.com If I try and send using my remote SMTP mail server, port 25 is intercepted by the AOL proxy and sent... HOWEVER - it seems to work fine for AOL 8.0 but seems to fail for other users with AOL 9.0 Any other users that have AOL 8.0 or 9.0 that use it for sending email with their normal Eudora settings - here's a followup to my previous msg - AOL now supports IMAP for reading and SMTP for sending - http://help.channels.aol.com/topic.adp?catId=1&sCId=416 question - I see how with the "esoteric" options, I can now specify ports - but can I copy those in the INI file to specific personalities ie - most use SMTP 25 but AOL says it wants SMTP 587 On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:16:54 GMT, "Phil Schuman" <pschuman_NO_SPAM_ME@interserv.com> wrote: >here's a followup to my previous msg - >AOL now supports IMAP for reading and SMTP for sending - > >http://help.channels.aol.com/topic.adp?catId=1&sCId=416 > >question - I see how with the "esoteric" options, >I can now specify ports - >but can I copy those in the INI file to specific personalities >ie - most use SMTP 25 >but AOL says it wants ...

smtp error message solved (was Re: smtp error message)
I just discovered the meaning of a mysterious error code; or at least one possible meaning. The problem was that an smtp mail message didn't get sent out from one system I administer to another system I administer, and that messages between them worked fine earlier, and there was no config change. The sending system is DIGITAL TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version V4.2 - ECO 1 on a AlphaStation 255/300 running OpenVMS V7.1-2 The receiving system is HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version V5.4 - ECO 1 on a Digital Personal WorkStation running OpenVMS V7.3-2 The UCX SMTP log file on the sending system shows an error message of: smtp_sender_close sclose R0 status = -1, errno = 65535, vaxc$errno = 316 where: $ exit 316 %SYSTEM-F-IVCHAN, invalid I/O channel On the receiving system, there is no new TCPIP$SMTP_RECV_RUN.LOG file. Restarting SMTP on both systems had no effect. Restarting the entire TCPIP package on both systems also had no effect. As it turns out, the sending system is just fine, the error is on the receiving system, and the error code has nothing to do with the error! I have disk quotas enabled on the system disk. Without realizing it, the TCPIP$SMTP account had exceeded its disk quota. This caused the receiving process to terminate early. Subsequent activations of the smtp receiver were immediately over quota and never got started. I'm a little hazy on why the lack of error message, or the entire sequence of failures. When I...

Using mail() for HTML bodies.
Hi fellow I read about this here, and I need a simple form to post and mail a simple table (formatting) in HTML. My message is somthing like: <html><body><table.... I have a header as this. $headers =3D "From:".$_POST["v8"]."\r\n". "To:sonnich@--hot.ee\r\n". "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n" . "Content-Type: text/html;\r\n";; if (mail('sonnich@--hot.ee', 'T&auml;idetud ankeet', $message, $headers)) My problems: the body remains plain text in Outlook Express...

SMTP Send Message vi
Hello, I use SMTP Send Message.vi, that is part of Internet Toolkit, to send e-mail messages over company internal network and experience a strange problem: message is lost such that all recipients get "blank" e-mails. The vi would not return any errors or warnings. Has anyone experienced this type of behaviour? Labview 7.0 Internet Toolkit. Thank you for your help Insert a CRLF as the first line of your text , then try it again Good Luck Dan Tank you Dan! It worked! ...

send email using SMTP?
Hi, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am trying to send e-mail using SMTP Send Message(Small).vi which will be in the SMTP email.llb file. By using this vi I am able to send e-mail to those id 's&nbsp; &nbsp;for which I know SMTP mail server name.&nbsp;But I am not able to send e-mails to those e-mail id's for&nbsp;which SMTP mail server name I don't have(like yahoo,gmail). &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Can we use SMTP to send the e-mail to those id's for which w...

SMTP Email Send Message Error
When I using SMTP Email Send Message in Labview 8.0 to send an email message and I get a error message as bellow: &nbsp; Error 16500 occurred at 500 5.5.1 Command unrecognized: "MIME-Version: 1.0" Possible reason(s): LabVIEW:&nbsp; (Hex 0x4074) 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized. For example, the command line might be too long. &nbsp; Where the mistake and how to solve this error to send an email by Labview 8.0. &nbsp; Thank you. Can you give an example? &nbsp; I did some digging around in the SMTP Email Send Message code and the MIME version 1.0 command is...

How to send service request using Labview
How do use labview to send a service request through gpib? Hello, There is no way to send a service request with NI-488.2's LabVIEW VIs. Those VIs are for making a controller side application, not a device side application. If you are trying to make are device side application and need to use SRQs I suggest using <a href="http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?lang=US&cid=7151">NI-Device</a>, which has a C++ API. P.S. This question really belongs in the GPIB dicussion forum. ...

send in email with message in body and attachment
Is there a wayto send an email with an attachement, and message, but not have to read in the message from a message file? I can get it to somewhat work like this: mailx -m -s "report" someemail@email.com <<EOF $EMAIL_MSG ~<! cat uuencode $REPORT_DIR/report.dat ~. EOF But it includes the contents of the dat file in my email body along with the message, instead of attaching report.dat to it. I wanted the message to be either created in a text file on the fly then removed when completed or held in a variable like I'm doing here. Is this possible T...

send email using gmail as smtp
hello can i send email thro ruby using gmail as smtp. appreciate any help here. seede You can. Here's an article on using gmail with Rails, although you don't need to use Rails to use Action Mailer. http://www.rubyinside.com/how-to-use-gmails-smtp-server-with- rails-394.html It's dead simple. Josh On Dec 19, 2007, at 9:10 PM, Junkone wrote: > hello > can i send email thro ruby using gmail as smtp. appreciate any help > here. > seede > What do you change this to? :domain => "localhost.localdomain", -- Gerry Ford3 Republican Square251 Michiga...

VFP sending email using SMTP
I'm trying to find a way for VFP8 to scan through our email database and send a message to our network users. Sounds fairly simple, but instead of having a "text" message, I want a .JPG or image file to be the body of the message. I don't want it sent as an attachment. I've downloaded wwIPStuff from West-Wind, and I think I've figured that out, but it looks like it only supports text messages. Any ideas? As always, thanks for all of your help. Having a JPG as the entire message is a genuinely bad idea. The "S" in SMTP stands for simple. It&#...

using DDE to send messages to mirc
has anyone tried using labview to send msgs to an irc channel??? if so i would lie to know more. Hello Tomsch1, Thank you for contacting National Instruments. You can you use DDE to send messages to mirc if mirc supports activeX. Below is a link to an example VI using DDE to write to an Excel file. You can use this as a starting point and replace the Excel calls and commands with those appropriate for mirc. http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=B123AE0CB9F2111EE034080020E74861&p_node=DZ52049 I hope this helps, Sean C. Applications Engineer National Instrume...

Using FILTER to SEND QUEUED MESSAGES
As part of my FILTER rule, I would like to have Eudora automatically SEND QUEUED MESSAGES which is Ctl+T. Is there any way to EDIT the filter using a text editor so that it sends the Ctl+T command? Thank you. fkissam wrote: > As part of my FILTER rule, I would like to have Eudora automatically SEND > QUEUED MESSAGES which is Ctl+T. Is there any way to EDIT the filter using > a text editor so that it sends the Ctl+T command? Generally, it is considered impolite to shout, i.e. to use all-upper-case words, in newsgroups, especially in subject lines. It is considered unnecessary as well. Posting multiple messages on the same topic, too, doesn't raise your chances of getting an answer. The few who didn't notice your first post will be outweighed by those who are annoyed by the second. Be patient, and help will most probably be forthcoming. Just don't expect it to arrive within minutes of your posts. -- Peter ...

using Eudora to send HTML newsletters?
I know, I know, all the reasons not to send html email. But the fact is everyone is doing it. Viertually every company that has a mailing list is sending out their correspondences in HTML now. It looks a lot better than plain text and it's more interactive. Anyway I've been trying to use Eudora to send out my HTML newsletter and having limited success. I've tried a few different ways to get the HTML code into an outgoing email. When I paste the HTML code into the body of the mail (using paste special - unformatted text) it seems to work great with email clients but when I look at the received email on a webmail account, the HTML code is rendered. So then I tried attaching the HTML file to the outgoing email. This seems to work pretty well. Even tho the file is attached, it seems most email clients actually put the code into the received email, so the user doesn't have to click on another file to read the newsletter. With webmail accounts, they don't the the HTML code problem, but they do have to click on a file attachment to view the newsletter. I think a lot of people use webmail now, and that a significant number of them will not click on the attachment. I've heard of people posting the HTML page on a web server and then using IE to "file -> send page as email" but I haven't experimented with it. So has anyone had more success than me trying to send out HTML newsletters from Eudora? If so, plea...

Web resources about - How to send HTML as message body using SMTP - comp.lang.labview

Message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may ...

Wakefield chief found out about Brian Smith exit via text message
Coach Brian Smith's sudden departure from Wakefield first became apparent to the Super League club's chairman when he received a text message ...

Apple releases OS X 10.11.4 beta 6 with improved Messages, Notes, and more
Just ahead of its expected release later this month, Apple has released the sixth OS X 10.11.4 developer beta for Mac users to test. The update ...

France votes to penalize companies for refusing to decrypt devices, messages
(credit: Richard Ying et Tangui Morlier ) French parliamentarians have adopted an amendment to a penal reform bill that would punish companies ...

Do Twitter direct messages boost sales?
One of the ‘best practices’ touted by social media ‘experts’ is to never use direct messaging features in a social network to advertise. This ...

Wall Street's mixed Chipotle message
Chipotle shares are too expensive; buy them. That may be confusing, but it's the average advice among analysts these days.

Spain's Queen Letizia criticized after text messages leaked
MADRID (AP) — Spain's El Mundo newspaper on Thursday called on Queen Letizia to explain herself after leaked text messages emerged showing her ...

Pink Just Blew Kim Kardashian Away With This Sobering Message
Pink Just Blew Kim Kardashian Away With This Sobering Message

Great Tits Use Syntax to Chirp Complex Messages
The birds use complex syntax in their calls to convey two meanings at once.

Pandora will let bands insert voice messages into your music stream
Social media has increasingly broken down the walls between musicians and their fans, allowing bands to have more direct conversations with the ...