I am trying to make a Calculator in LabVIEW. I can't able to...

I am trying to make a Calculator in LabVIEW. I can't able to display
decimal point in the output display and i can't able enter floating
point numbers? Please help me.

I am new to LabVIEW. Please provide the detailed information. Thanks
in Advance.
0
x9561 (148441)

First thing to check is the representation of the indicator. Right
click on it and move the mouse to representation. If it's not eithe
EXT, DBL, or SGL, then the indicator is set only for integers.
0
x9561 (148441)

Can't Find Answer Any Where (What would you do/try): fopen ("file on shared drive","w+") doesn't work on 2nd call using Windows LabView DDL
Hello, I have a shared drive on SGI, Linux, and Windows. The fact that I'm using a shared drive may be mute information. The problem is within the same program a second call to fopen does not create a file if the file has been deleted. I would like to use fopen for its pointer return value to solve this. What is the best way to fix this problem? The reason I want to do this is I do not want to exit completely from LabView and then re-enter it to create the file! I talked to my system person and he said something "like" this. That it is a caching problem. Windows has the fil...

can I make Labview Exe which can be executed i A PC which is not having labview
hi, &nbsp;I am using lab view&nbsp; 7.1. Can we make a exe or installer, which can be run in a PC which is not having labview installed. If that can be done, please let me know&nbsp;which edition i have to use and how can i do with Regards, Ashok. Under Tools-Build application or shared library, you can build your .exe file. You also have to option to include an installer which installs the necessary LabView dll's. I have the Pro version, however. "budda" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:1174290007790-493593@exchange.ni.com... > hi, > &nbsp;I a...

LabVIEW 7 can't open source code based on LAbVIEW 6.1.
LabVIEW 7 can't open source code based on the LAbVIEW 6.1 with an error that some VI doesn't have block diagram and can't be converted. What to do in this situation. You are stuck, unless you can get the source code for the VI with the missing diagram. However, you can still open the rest of the application. Delete the "bad" VI and replace it will new code, assuming that you know how it works. Hi, Jim is right. There is no way of converting/upgrading a VI to the newer version of LabVIEW without its block diagram. Below are a couple of KBs that discuss this issue: &...

If i have a labview .vi file(and labview) but i want to open it in a computer that doesn't have labview, how would i do it??
Okay, i have a made a labview program and save it as.vi. &nbsp; Let's say that it is a program that when opened and you hit run it shows a sine wave. &nbsp; Now if i wanted to open up the program without Labview, ( i don't need to modify it) on a computer that doesn't have labview. How would i go about doing this?? &nbsp; Thanks, K ...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to beca...

2000 Grolier Encycl: Can't make disk image, can't copy it
I have a "Year 2000 Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia 1-Disc Edition" CD that I would like to use as a quick reference. Instead of digging out the CD whenever I want to look something up, I'd like to copy the CD to my hard drive, as I've done with game CDs. But the Grolier CD won't cooperate. I first tried using Disk Copy 6.3.3 to make a disk image, choosing the "Create Image from Disk" option. It gets about a third of the way through (going by the progress bar), then stops. It doesn't freeze or crash--the cursor spins occasionally--but nothing happens...

Why can't I run my VI.exe stand-alone when I can run it from LabView
I made a pretty simple VI in LabView (7.1 on WindowsXP) that uses the NI USB-6009 multifunction I/O device to display 4 AI channels to read voltage (simulate a 4X digital multimeter). &nbsp; The VI works fine from LabView, but when I built the stand-alone application with the Tools menu feature, it won't run.&nbsp; I get the following error: VISA: (BFFF000E) Given session or object reference is invalid. &nbsp; Any idea what would&nbsp;cause this?&nbsp; Under Support Files, I only select the single VI (which is included in an .llb file).&nbsp; Should I be including a...

From Labview 7.1 help, can't load example vi's

Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a Win32 function to read the data from the card
Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory from a VI? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a&nbsp;Call Library&nbsp;function to read the data from the card and now I want it to go directly to system memory. The data is being received at 1Mbps. &nbsp; Thanks 1.You will most likely crash your system trying to write meg's/sec of data to system memory. LabVIEW has it's own memory manager and manages data for you. If you getting data to LabVIEW, I hope for the processinfg purposes. You didn't menti...

To Labview or not to labview
I am facing a large decision, to continue developement with labview or to m= ove on to .NET or Delphi. <br>The desire to move comes from the simple fac= t that .NET and Delphi applications 'look' more like windows applications b= oth in appearance and operation. What I am talking about are the menus for= file, edit,printing that we are so used to with such packages as Excel and= the like.<br>I tend to use labview in the following way: write an applica= tion and distribute it to MANY clients running everything from 98 to XP. I= just feel labview is moving away from th...

GPIB instruments connected through Agilent USB/GPIB Interface can bee seen in MAX but can't communicate in labview
I have an Agilent 82357B USB/GPIB Interface connected to my computer.&nbsp; Attached to that, I have two lock-in amplifiers (an SR830, and an SR 850).&nbsp; I would like to be able to communicate with them through GPIB. I have downloaded and installed the software for the Agilent device (Agilent IO Control), and I can see the interface and the two devices in that software.&nbsp; Here's what is configured in this software, that I can see: - The VISA interface ID is GPIB0, and its address is 0 - The VISA addresses of the devices are GPIB0::4::INSTR and GPIB::12::INSTR, and t...

can't open labview help
I can't open Labview help file&nbsp;&nbsp; (.chm) When open it from link text in&nbsp;pdf bookshelfit it shown an error popup as show in attach picture. &nbsp; please help, how to fix it. &nbsp; Thanks &nbsp; &nbsp; LV70Helperror.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/270107/1/LV70Helperror.jpg Can you find the help at the path given in the message (&lt;LabVIEW&gt;\help\help.chm)?&nbsp; Were you ever able to open the help?&nbsp; What happens when you try to open the help from LabVIEW? &nbsp; Regards, &nbsp; Craig D Applications E...

Labview can't see global channels
This is the first time I have used DAQmx, so apologies if I'm doing something really stupid... &nbsp; I'm using a PCI-6221. I have configured a number of global virtual channels. However, when I try to access any of them in Labview, they are not there. If I use Get Channel Information.vi, it always returns error -10003. If I try AI Acquire Waveform.vi, running it as a stand-alone vi, when I click on the channel input selector and choose Browse, I see "Select Names", and an empty listbox. &nbsp; This is a brand new install of Labview 7.1. I'm using Nidaq 7, version...

I can't find my fieldpoint VIs in Labview
I just installed Labview 8.5 and I have a project to convert that uses Fieldpoint VIs.&nbsp; I can't figure out what to install to get Labview to recognize the VIs already embedded in the project.&nbsp; I have Instaled Fieldpoint 5.0, but I didn't see a selection for Labview 8.5 support. &nbsp; I have the runtime engine for LV 8.5 installed on the target machine.&nbsp; I'm assuming I'll also have to install something for Fieldpoint.. &nbsp; Also, from what I read, it looks like the Fieldpoint Explorer has been integrated into Max?&nbsp; I will just be ab...

Web resources about - I am trying to make a Calculator in LabVIEW. I can't able to... - comp.lang.labview

Calculator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For mechanical precursors to the modern calculator, see Mechanical calculator . For other uses, see Calculator (disambiguation) . An electronic ...

Calculator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For mechanical precursors to the modern calculator, see Mechanical calculator . For other uses, see Calculator (disambiguation) . An electronic ...

Syncapse Offers 2013 Facebook Advertising Spend Calculator
... management platform Syncapse introduced a tool to help Facebook page administrators do just that: the 2013 Facebook Advertising Spend Calculator ...

Algae Production Conversion Calculator for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Algae Production Conversion Calculator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Retirement calculators mislead super fund members
Some of the retirement calculators on the websites of the largest super funds are misleading fund members.

Calculator: How much will you need to save for a house now?
Minimum down payments are going up on homes priced above $500,000 in February. See how much buyers will have to save to meet the new requirements. ...

Atlas Value Calculator: Analyze Campaigns’ Efficiency
Atlas Value Calculator: Analyze Campaigns’ Efficiency

Today’s apps gone free: Calculator, Commander Compass, Say and Go and more
... and leaderboards via Game Center. Chain3D is available for free for a limited time. It has a 4-star rating with a total of 125 ratings. Calculator ...

Price Drop: Archimedes Calculator
Archimedes Calculator 3.2 Device: iOS Universal Category: Education Price: Free, Version: 3.2 ( iTunes ) Description: Archimedes is the scientific ...

Free, open-source mod lets TI graphing calculator make sweet 1-bit music
You really should watch this video. It's awesome. The humble Texas Instruments graphing pocket calculator has seen its fair share of mods over ...