I can't print with printer hp deskjet 5900 series

I can't print any page with labview , my printer is hp deskjet 5900 series . Labview don't accept my printer name and return error "printer name is invalid" . thank you for your help
0
x9561 (148440)

Do a search in the forum.
see <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=243840&amp;query.id=20162#M243840" target="_blank">here</a> also
0
x9561 (148440)

Can't print to HP LaserJet printer via Windows Printing
I can print to one of the HP LaserJet 2100tn printers via AppleTalk. But when I try to add the printer (via the Printer Setup Utility), I can't see it. 1. I click the Add button 2. I select Windows Printing from the drop-down list 3. I select a workgroup from the lower drop-down list No printers show up in the list. There are 2 HP LJ printers on the net, but none of them show up under Windows Printing. Am I doing something wrong? Also, I tried adding a printer via IP Printing. But when I try to print, I get no indication that the printer has received the job; no output. Maybe...

can't print to hp deskjet 855c from red hat 7.2 using dlink 713p print server
I'm a linux newbie trying to get my Red Hat 7.2 pc to print to my hp deskjet 855c using the print server function on the dlink 713p router. I'm able to print successfully if I remove the router and configure the 855c as a local printer. I'm also able to print successfully to the 855c through the router using Win98SE. Can someone tell me *exactly* how to successfully configure this printer using the GNOME printconf gui or some other technique? I assume "jetdirect" is the proper queue type. The ip address of my dlink 713p is 192.168.0.1. Many thanks, Tom "Tom Kopet&...

Can't print from HP DeskJet 812C
Hi all, I can't print from HP DeskJet 812C, can someone help me? NOTE: I can't print from Preview program in Mac OS X Panther. Thanks ...

HP USB printer disappears from 10.2.8 Print Center, can't add back
I have an HP PSC 2175xi USB printer, with the latest drivers and software (6.07) installed on my MacOS 10.2.8 (Power Macintosh G3 with PCI plugin USB). Everything was working fine, then I got "No Printers Selected" on my Print Dialog Box, and the Print Center had been emptied. When I attempt to Add the printer, I get "An error occurred while trying to add the selected printers. Error 1282". I have tried: - reconnecting the USB - connecting directly to the computer (without a hub) - reinstalling the HP printer software and drivers (after uninstalling) - recreating the /var/spool/cups directory as described here: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107054 (I've done this a few times). Any other suggestions? Would re-installing 10.2.8 help? Scott Johnston If it helps, here's the related console message: Nov 23 17:20:21 localhost csregprinter: err=-4228 [line 273, file RegisterPrinterProfiles/csregprinter.c] Nov 23 17:20:21 localhost csregprinter: CSRegisterPrinter(devID, deviceName, dfltProfID, deviceProfs)=-4228 [line 171, file RegisterPrinterProfiles/csregprinter.c] Scott Johnston johnston@vectaport.com (Scott Johnston) wrote in message news:<f79bcaa0.0311210959.55c2ebb7@posting.google.com>... > I have an HP PSC 2175xi USB printer, with the latest drivers and > software (6.07) installed on my MacOS 10.2.8 (Power Macintosh G3 with > PCI plugin USB). Everything was working fine, then I got "No Printers ...

HP Deskjet 3550 doesn't print when print preview is enabled
My Deskjet 3550 won't ever print when it gives a print preview. From the day I bought it, if there is a print preview it doesn't print, it just sits there. Anybody seen this before? ...

Can't clean. Says it's printing. It isn't.
I'm trying to clean cartridge heads in an HP660C printer that has been unused for some time. I printed one test page which showed streaks. No other jobs had been set up for printing nor were being printed. When I went to the services page and tried to clean the heads it kept coming up with a message that I can't because the printer is printing. It wasn't. I tried "purge print documents", and turning the printer off and on again. Still wouldn't clean. Thanks for any suggestions. I really need to get some letters printed soon. "Martin" <marty123@optonline.net> wrote in message news:sDY7d.28771$kq6.18831495@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > I'm trying to clean cartridge heads in an HP660C printer that has been > unused for some time. I printed one test page which showed streaks. No > other jobs had been set up for printing nor were being printed. When I went > to the services page and tried to clean the heads it kept coming up with a > message that I can't because the printer is printing. It wasn't. > > I tried "purge print documents", and turning the printer off and on again. > Still wouldn't clean. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I really need to get some letters printed > soon. > Removed and reinstalled cartridges. Problem solved. Not sure why. ...

Can't set up the HP Printer on DSL Box on the Shared Printer port...
Hi Group, Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I did on the girlfriends! We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer). I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router, the printer vanishes off my Printers list(!) It doesn't with the other machine and I can't understand why. Any clues guys ? Cheers, Paul Honkeytonk Man wrote: > Hi Group, > Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. > I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I > did on the girlfriends! > > We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the > back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm > going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of > the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer). > > I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I > unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router, > the printer vanishes off my Printers list(!) > > It doesn't with the oth...

2000 client can install but can't print to a shared printer on XP workstation
I see that a lot of post for similar problems but no answers that I have not tried. Problem. HP 982C printer installed on LPT 1 Windows XP home computer and is shared as deskjet. Windows 2000 laptop can see the printer and install it and file sharing works fine. When going to print a test page it immidatley fails. When printing from notepad error message 'invalid handle', word reports print job failed. From the 2000 machine I can see the xp computers print jobs enter and exit. Tried. Reinstalling the drivers on the XP machine. and I have installed the drivers on the 2000 machine. on the 2000 machine I have installed the printer through the add printer wizard and through the network neighborhood. Enviroment. XP machine wired network to linksys router. 2000 machine wireless with linksys 802.11g pcmci card. both machines only have TCP/IP running. XP firewall is disabled. and have also disabled the Norton firewall that was installed on the xp client. This fixed it Try: 1. delete the printer from the Windows 2000 computer 2. on the 2000 computer, open the Printers folder 3. click File, Server Properties 4. select the Drivers tab 5. select all the drivers that have 982 in the name (or, if this is the only printer you want to use, select all the drivers) 6. click Remove 7. click Yes on the confirmation message box If you get a message that the driver can not be removed because it is in use, then some other username has added the printer. See http://memb...

2000 client can install but can't print to a shared printer on XP workstation
I see that a lot of post for similar problems but no answers that I have not tried. Problem. HP 982C printer installed on LPT 1 Windows XP home computer and is shared as deskjet. Windows 2000 laptop can see the printer and install it and file sharing works fine. When going to print a test page it immidatley fails. When printing from notepad error message 'invalid handle', word reports print job failed. From the 2000 machine I can see the xp computers print jobs enter and exit. Tried. Reinstalling the drivers on the XP machine. and I have installed the drivers on the 2000 machi...

After edits, can't print at a commercial printer?
I recently took some pictures that I edited a bit (adjusted contrast, cropped) and took to Walmart for printing. They printed without a problem. I decided I wanted black and white versions so I changed it over (simply changed to greyscale) and saved it as a jpg. The black and white versions just don't seem to want to print. I've tried two places and, in both cases, the prints are grainy, inverted and look like they are offset. When I got them back from Walmart, they noted that they must be either photoshop files or from a CDRW. I'm confused: Color picture->adjust contr...

HP PSC 2510 Can't Print
After using my 2510 for a long time wirelessly, I am unable to print to it, now. When I go into the HP director and check the status, it shows disconnected. However I am able to scan from the HP Director without a problem. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. On Jul 12, 1:45 am, jamieledw...@yahoo.com wrote: > After using my 2510 for a long time wirelessly, I am unable to print > to it, now. When I go into the HP director and check the status, it > shows disconnected. However I am able to scan from the HP Director > without a problem. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. I finally figured out the problem is the Printer Name isn't being resolved. I went into the printer settings and pointed it directly to the ip address the printer is assigned and it worked. This is a temporary fix, because my router is setup for DHCP so that IP may change. I have limited knowlege on how the Printer Name is assosiated with a certain IP. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not quite sure if this will help you, but does the wireless network controller have a fixed IP address? For the most part, networked printers work much better with fixed IP rather than IP assigned by DHCP... Ben Myers On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 01:12:46 -0700, jamieledwell@yahoo.com wrote: >On Jul 12, 1:45 am, jamieledw...@yahoo.com wrote: >> After using my 2510 for a long time wirelessly, I am unable to print >> to it, now. When I go into the HP director and check the status, it...

After edits, can't print at a commercial printer?
I recently took some pictures that I edited a bit (adjusted contrast, cropped) and took to Walmart for printing. They printed without a problem. I decided I wanted black and white versions so I changed it over (simply changed to greyscale) and saved it as a jpg. The black and white versions just don't seem to want to print. I've tried two places and, in both cases, the prints are grainy, inverted and look like they are offset. When I got them back from Walmart, they noted that they must be either photoshop files or from a CDRW. I'm confused: Color picture->adjust contr...

HP 50g can't deal with series!

Can't print from win XP to 10.3, can print to 10.2
I'm troubleshooting a vexing print problem on my home network. I can print from my win XP machine to an hp 940c printer attached to my quicksilver G4 when it's booted to my auxilary 10.2.8 drive, but not when the Mac is booted to its default 10.3.9 drive. Printing from windows XP proceeds normally when booted to 10.2 on the Mac despite an error message claiming that the connection failed on the PC, but stalls with no error message when attempting to print to the Mac whille it's booted to the 10.3 drive. Both Mac drives have the gimp print drivers (4.2.5) installed. I've rep...

Can't install Epson 'Easy Print'
Epson supplies something called 'Easy Print' [now, version 2.4dA] that is supposed to interface directly with Elements 3 and, if I understand it right, to allow more direct control of the printer [many Epson models] from within Elements -- I'm assuming, among other things, so you only have to say 'print' once -- not once to Elements and once again to the printer driver. However it doesn't seem to want to install on my machine [XP SP2]. It goes through the EULA yes/no just fine, starts to show the install progress meter, and about half way through, jum...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Can't print my emails or web pages, but can print off other programs..please help
I have no problem printing Microsoft documents, but none of my emails or web pages will print. I use AOL exclusively. I installed a new printer recently on which I have not yet been able to print any web-based documents, but I have a feeling it's the web server or maybe a virus causing the problem, not the printer. I checked and the printer options are correct...printing to the correct printer. I updated the computer from AOL 7.0 to '9.0 optimized' yesterday, and it worked fine for the rest of the day. When we turned on the computer this morning, however, a pop up box notified us in so many words that the computer could not handle 9.0 and reverted back to using 7.0. I know this is not the case, b/c we have 2 other systems exactly the same which are currently using 9.0. Please help!!! I'm out of ideas. This is a MIME GnuPG-signed message. If you see this text, it means that your E-mail or Usenet software does not support MIME signed messages. --=_mimegpg-ny.email-scan.com-17075-1066432367-0006 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Kelly writes: > I updated the computer from AOL 7.0 to '9.0 optimized' yesterday, and > it worked fine for the rest of the day. When we turned on the > computer this morning, however, a pop up box notified us in so many > words that the computer could not handle 9.0 and reverted back to > using 7.0. I know ...

Can't get printer to print full size
I had to re-setup all my printer definition files recently, and I now find that my Canon BJC7100 printer will not print out full size, but only at approx 60%. This happens whether I use the BJC600 driver or the BJC4300 driver, using !FastSpool in both cases as before. The really annoying thing is that I can remember having this problem when I originally installed the printer driver several years ago, but can't remember how I solved it then. The other printer (an HP1100 laser) works fine, also via FastSpool. Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Machine details: Kinetic RPC, 192Mb RA...

can't print to a windows printer from Redhat 9
I have a HP LaserJet 1000 printer attached to a Chinese Windows 2000 machine. I followed the procedure to set up a Samba networked printer on another Redhat 9 linux box. But I can't print anything to that printer. I tried 'smbclient -L xxx -U xxx' command. I can see the printer, Sharename Type Comment --------- ---- ------- E$ Disk xxx IPC$ IPC xxx IPC D$ Disk xxx print$ Disk xxx dell Disk TestJet Printer TestJet F$ Disk xxx ADMIN$ Disk xxx C$ Disk xxx ...... I also used ethereal to monitor the communication between linux box and the windows server, everthing seems fine (at least to me). Data is sent to windows server, but nothing comes out of the printer. Any suggestion? Thanks! Jin ...

HP printer can't find USB port
I just got a HP6122 inkjet printer. I'm trying to hook it up to a new Dell computer. I go through the add a new printer wizard and add the printer (using LPT1, because I can't find USB). When I go back through properties and try to change the port to USB, no USB ports show up in the list. All the LPT and COM ports and other stuff show up, but no USB. The ports do show up in the device manager - under control panel, system, hardware, device manager. Why don't the USB ports show up on the "ports" tab of the "properties" for the printer? Any ideas? On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:55:30 -0500, in comp.periphs.printers "Jim" <powrmatic@erols.com> wrote: >I just got a HP6122 inkjet printer. I'm trying to hook it up to a new Dell >computer. I go through the add a new printer wizard and add the printer >(using LPT1, because I can't find USB). When I go back through properties >and try to change the port to USB, no USB ports show up in the list. All >the LPT and COM ports and other stuff show up, but no USB. The ports do >show up in the device manager - under control panel, system, hardware, >device manager. > >Why don't the USB ports show up on the "ports" tab of the "properties" for >the printer? > >Any ideas? Have you ever used them? If not check to see they are enabled in the machine's BIOS. "Jim&qu...

Remote computers can't print to network printer
We're running a peer-to-peer Windows XP network. One computer has a HP Laserjet 4 attached to it by parallel cable. I've shared that printer on the network, and it is visible from all the other machines. However, if I try to print to it from a network machine, the print job doesn't make it. However, if I first print *something* from the computer that's physically connected to the printer, then I can print to it all I want from the network machines. I can't figure out what could be wrong. ...

Windows 98 can't print to Samba printer
I have recently set up a basic file and print server at my office using Fedora Core 3 and Samba 3.0.8pre1-0.pre1.3 . We have a variety of clients (1 X WinXP Pro, 1 X Win XP Home, 3 X Win 2k, 1 X Win 98). I can access all file shares on the server from all clients with no problems. I can print to our Samsung ML-2150 printer (connected to the server via USB) from all clients except the Windows 98 system. From the Win 98 system, I can see the printer, and I can install it, but when I try to print a test page immediately after adding it, I get the error message: "The network printer is no longer available". I don't know why Win 98 can't print, but all the others can. Here is a copy of my smb.conf file: # Samba config file created using SWAT # from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) # Date: 2004/11/18 13:28:21 # Global parameters [global] workgroup = THERMATEK netbios name = KAITLYN server string = Linux Server unix password sync = Yes preferred master = No domain master = No wins support = Yes ldap ssl = no hosts allow = 192.168.1., 127.0.0.1 [homes] valid users = %S read only = No browseable = No [printers] comment = All Printers path = /var/spool/samba printable = Yes browseable = No [PROJECTS] path = /shares/Projects write list = @employees, @management read only = No inherit permissions = Yes case sensitive = No ...

Can't print PDF files on Postscript printer
I have a postscript laser printer that prints everything except PDF files. Anyone know what the deal is with PDF files? What makes them so troublesome to print? Anyone know of a fix? The laser printer that I have is a 1987 QMS-PS 810 (postscript level 1) with 2 MB RAM memory (for print jobs, I guess) and 1 MB ROM memory (3 printer emulations and 35 resident fonts). I'm running Windows 2000 with 512 MB memory. Everything else prints fine, but when I try to print a PDF file, the print job initiates but then fails. Instead of the expected output, the printer will print an error message. Error messages vary. Here are three typical: 1: ERROR: interrupt OFFENDING COMMAND: ISOLatin1Encoding STACK: (long list of /items) 2: ERROR: VMerror OFFENDING COMMAND: dict STACK: (long printout of postscript gibberish) (From what I've found, the VMerror indiates virtual memory full, printer out of memory, something exceeds the postscript interpreter's memory or a postscript language line in it.) 3: This job requires more memory than is available in this printer. Try one or more of the following, and then print again: For the output format, choose Optimize for Portability. In the Device Settings page, make sure the Available Postscript Memory is accurate. Reduce the number of fonts in the document. Print the document in parts. So, I've done everything I can find to do; Set optimize for portability; confirm memory set at 2 MB; print one page at...

Can't print A5 on HP Laserjet 1200
I've been trying to print out documents in A5 on a HP Laserjet 1200 (PowerBook G4 running Panther 10.3.7) using A5 copy paper. The printing invariably starts halfway down the page and prints off the bottom edge. Usually, but not always, the left-hand margin is also right out at the edge of the page. This happens in both Word X for Mac and TextEdit. I've tried putting the A5 paper in the normal copy tray and bringing the arms in to hold it firmly, and I've tried putting a few sheets in the upper tray, also bringing the arms there in to hold it firmly. No difference. ...

Web resources about - I can't print with printer hp deskjet 5900 series - comp.lang.labview