I have a Text control string box with some initial text. I...

I have a Text control string box with some initial text. I would like
to highlight old text with click of mouse and type in new data from
keyboard

I have a text control string box with some initial text (says: Please
enter Name). I would like the operator to click on the text control
box and have it automatically highlight so that when new data is typed
in the old erases (all at once) and the new data is now in the text
box.
I tried using the "Text.Selection" property node and when I run it and
put the mouse inside the text box the initial text is highlighted and
if I press "delete" on the keyboard or if I start to type in new data
the initial data does delete but once I start to type new characters
they erase each other. For example if I want to type in
“William” I type the “W” and then the
“I” but the “I” erases the “W” and
now I am only left with an “I” in the text box and so on.
I appreciate any help
0
x9561 (148441)

> I tried using the "Text.Selection" property node and when I run it and
> put the mouse inside the text box the initial text is highlighted and
> if I press "delete" on the keyboard or if I start to type in new data
> the initial data does delete but once I start to type new characters

If the selection is being set while keys are being entered.  The coming
key will replace the selected characters.  So, I'd start with looking at
all of the property nodes that affect the selection and looking for ways
they can execute other than when the string is initially focused.  If
need be, you might set a breakpoint on them or have them log activity to
a global.

Greg McKaskle

0
gmckaskle (596)
11/23/2003 2:37:42 AM
I tried it and it worked exactly how I intended it it to.

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!
0
x9561 (148441)