If i have a labview .vi file(and labview) but i want to open it in a computer that doesn't have labview, how would i do it??

Okay, i have a made a labview program and save it as.vi.

Let's say that it is a program that when opened and you hit run it shows a sine wave.

Now if i wanted to open up the program without Labview, ( i don't need to modify it) on a computer that doesn't have labview. How would i go about doing this??

Thanks,
x9561 (148440)

Labview 7 crashes when opening an earlier Labview version VI
Hello guys. I am using Labview 7 professional edition. The labview crashes when opening an earlier labview version VI. The error message I'm getting is just "Labview has encounted a problem and eneds to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The VI contains a few Tag SubVIs, and It is written with an earlier version of Labview(BridgeView is what it was called). Do anyone have any ideas that how I can fix this bug? It's going to be a great help. Thank you very much. Hello,   LabVIEW should not be crashing in this situation. Now, does this happen for other simil...

opening a labview 8.5 file with labview 8.21
Hello,I was working on a project at home with labview 8.21, I nearly finished this project but I addes some stuff at school where they have labview 8.5.Today I wanted to open the labview file on my computer, but It gave an error: labview load error 9: Vi version 8.5 is newer then labVIEW version 8.2.1.Is there any way I can open the file on my computer?Or can I save the file at school als a 8.2.1 file? thnx in advance,Seppe Hi Seppe, just save it in school using "Save to previous" from the file menu... You'll have to reopen the file on a computer with LV 8.5.  From there you can do a Save as Previous Version to save back to LV 8.2.1 Hi Seppe, if you have LabView 8.5 you can save your vi for previous verions (8.2.1 and 8.0)Mike ok, thnx for all the correct answers ! ...

How to open Labview 8.5 VI in Labview 8.2
Hi I am using LabVIEW 8.2.I found one ook modulation example project(http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-1394),it was developed in Labview 8.5.I have to oepn this one in My system mean in Labview 8.2.Please tell procedure.Is it possible or not.?Thnaking you sir. It is not possible directly. Somebody with access to version 8.5 needs to save it for version 8.2. Could you attach that particular vi in your post so that somebody can save it for 8.2 Thanks, Mathan Or you can install Labview 8.5 demo. Works for 30 days.... Hi Mathan,Thanks for your reply.i need OOK Modulation (FPGA).VI and OOK Modulation (HOST).VI in version 8.2Here i am attaching this two vi please save it in version 8.2 and send to me.Thanking you Sreenivasulu.O OOK Modulation.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/324620/1/OOK Modulation.zip Hi Sreenivasulu.O, i�m not sure if they are enough, but here they are. :smileyhappy: Mike OOK Modulation (FPGA).vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/324624/1/OOK Modulation (FPGA).vi OOK Modulation (HOST).vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/324624/2/OOK Modulation (HOST).vi Hi Mike,i got error like this.Here i am attaching two error image what i got.please check nad correct me.One more "OOK_Pack Bits for transmission.VI"  and "OOK_Configuration IF RIO for Transmission.VI" was not found.Thanking you sirSreenivasulu.O ook_error1.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/327671/1/ook_error1.JPG ook_error2...

Converting LabView 4 vi. to LabView 7 vi.
I have a collection of programs written in LabView 4. I upgraded to LabView 7 recently. I am now trying to open my old 4 vi's with no luck. No block diagram is the error that I'm getting. Any ideas on converting would be greatly appreciated. Chris Without a block diagram, you cannot open a VI in a newer version because the block diagram is required for the recompile. The only way to upgrade is to find the original VIs with the source code. No one, NI included, can recover a block diagram once it has been deleted. Chris Merriman wrote: > I have a collection of programs written...

change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW
change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW hi, I am Interfacing a FrameGrabber with LabVIEW using a frame grabber SDK(dll). The memory managment of this FG allow you to allocate your own Array and to give a pointer to this Array to the memory manager. Then when you acquire with the frame grabber, the acquired image will be directly accessible in your array. 1.I give to the FG memory manager a pointer to the Labview array through a SDK Dll function. 2. I run the acquisition 3. I display the array My problem is that the Array is allways displayed with it initial val...

Calling a LabView DLL from a Labview VI
Hi, I have a vi that is calling a Labview DLL and they both have a same subVI. If I drop that SubVI into the block diagram first then drop in the Call Library Function Node, when I run the VI, the DLL would not work and it did not give me any error. Does anyone know how fix this problem with Labview? or is there some configuration that I can force the all of that SubVI points into the DLL. Thanks for your help, Dan ...

Error Code "1097.....this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory.........." appears after exit the labview and re-start labview
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a probelm when I use the "tool/import shared library(.dll)" wizard&nbsp;to generate the&nbsp;API from C. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The API &nbsp;works correctly when I complete the wizard, but after I exit labview and re-start labview to run&nbsp;the API&nbsp;again. The error 1097 code "......this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory.............."appears. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The only solution now is to re-generate or update the wizard to&nbsp;generate the API. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I try to find the answer in &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/58596F5D41CE8EFB862562AF0074E04C?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/58596F5D41CE8EFB862562AF0074E04C?OpenDocument</a>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The paragraph in above article shows ........................... &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "LabVIEW does not crash until it is closedThe most likely problem is that the DLL function being called has corrupted th...

passing files into labview vi by opening the file
I have a labview exe that is installed on XP that can create/save files with an extension not recognized by windows. The files can be opened from within the exe but what I want is to double click(open) the file from explorer/desktop and have it opened in my vi. I know how to associate the file with windows so opening it will open the exe, but how do I pass this argument into my exe so my app can use it? Thank you, That's what I needed. I wasn't sure how to read from the command line once I passed something in. ...

Re: LabVIEW and LabVIEW RT?
Hello Iman, I will try to illustrate it with an example since it all will depend on the type of application you would like to implement. Let's say you would like to implement an application where you log data, maybe exchange data with databases and you acquire a bunch of data points at a time not performing any type of control and where high determinism is&nbsp;not needed. In this case LabVIEW for Windows work great. If you on the other hand would like to implement a closed-loop application where you need high determinism and reliability and will acquire data point by point you would use LabVIEW RT which is an add-on to LabVIEW. I.e. you need LabVIEW + LabVIEW RT when developing an RT application. ...

Time in LabVIEW DAQ Assistant and Write LabVIEW file
Hello all, I would be extremely grateful for your assistance in helping me understand the timing in LabVIEW. Here are the details of the system. The data acquisition is done using&nbsp;a simple LabVIEW 8.2 based program consisting of a DAQ Assistant VI and a Write to Measurement File VI, which writes data in TDM format (binary with XML header). The hardware consists of a 1042Q chassis that contains 2 PXI-6133 cards. 16 transducers are connected to these 8 channel cards. The chassis is connected to a PC by means of MXI-4 fiber optic cable and a PCI-8336 card. &nbsp; I would like to sample all 16 channels simultaneously at 500 kS/s for 2 secs. or 1MS/s for 0.5 secs. When the signals were sampled at 500kS/s x 2secs., the time column looks like this when opened on DIAdem. &nbsp; Serial#&nbsp;&nbsp; Time&nbsp;&nbsp; Time(in secs. when displayed in number format with 8 decimals) 1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 07/10/2007 00:09:42.1406&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 63351158982.14060800 14&nbsp;&nbsp; 07/10/2007 00:09:42.1407&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 63351158982.14069760 64&nbsp;&nbsp; 07/10/2007 00:09:42.1408&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 63351158982.14080000 109 07/10/2007 00:09:42.1409&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 63351158982.14090240 etc. &nbsp; The time does not change from serial 1 to 13, and&nbsp;only at the 14th row does&nbsp;it change, after which it&nbsp;remai...

LabVIEW
Hi ALL, I am a new user of LabVIEW. I have been assigned to acquire a signal from a sensor at a car. However, all these signals must be filtered. But I am not sure, what type of filter most powerful. Besides, as I know, different type of signal needs differenct type of filter. Anybody can help me to solve my problems. Your kind cooperation is highly appreciated. Regards, M. Firdaus, France Fird wrote: > Hi ALL, > I am a new user of LabVIEW. > I have been assigned to acquire a signal from a sensor at a car. > However, all these signals must be filtered. ...

Unable to install labview in the new mac using the 'labview CD for Power Mac'
I have got a 'Labview full development system for power macintosh'. I have to use labview for some application and so I tried installing labview in my imac using this CD. The CD gets ejected out by itself. I tried it in a Mac laptop. There it opened, but when I try to install it, it gave the following message: 'You can't open the application 'Install Labview' because the classic environment is no longer supported'. Please note that the macs that I used are Intel based. What is the cause of this problem? What is the solution?The version of the software is : 6.0Please do the needful.Thankyou,Pavithra Souriraj The version you are trying to install was apparently written for Mac OS 9 or earlier, hence the reference to the Classic environment. The Classic environment is an emulation of OS 9 under OS X. However, Apple did not start using Intel processors until several years after the introduction of OS X, so they (Apple) did not develop an OS 9 emulator which will run on Intel based Macs. You cannot run LV 6 on an Intel based Mac. This is an Apple issue, not a National Instruments issue. LV 6 runs fine under OS X on a PowerPC Mac, as do several other versions.You will either need to get an older Mac or a newer version of LV. I am not sure which is the earliest version which will run on an Intel Mac.LynnUsing LV on the Mac since version 1.2 Hello Pavithra, Thank you for contacting National Instruments.&nbsp; Please look at this article for your ...

can't open my file after saving.using labview 8.2.1
Hi there, after saving my program, i can't access/ or open my program again, but my subVI can be open, this puzzled me. Can anyone help me with this. i have attach the program,. it also prompt me (this resource you are attempting to open was created in a more recent version of labview and is incompatible with this version). And my Uni is using labview version 8.2.1, no other version.thanks alot &nbsp; Regards:MKK cyclodrive combination programme.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/294813/1/cyclodrive combination programme.vi I can't open it either... You should always keep back-up.... ...

Labview 8 crashes when using Read Labview Measurement File
Hi All, &nbsp; I am a new user for Labview. I installed Labview 8.0 from the CD (evaluation copy). I was just testing the sample code provided by NI. I opened the "Load from File and Display" example and I was trying to open the properties for the Read Labview Measurement File component when&nbsp;Labview crashed. I tried it a couple of times and everytime it happens the same way (when I double click the component or right click on it). I am using Windows XP with all the updates done. In the Windows crash report, the application version is 8.0.0.4005. &nbsp; Other problem ...

LabVIEW 8 does not close ref's the same as LabVIEW 7!?!
Hello! I have been struggling with a difference between LabVIEW 7 and 8 in how the Close Reference functions for Active X objects. In order to fully understand the problem, let me first explain the process of how I got here. I have an application in beta testing and we noticed a huge memory leak in LabVIEW 8, 8.2. I took a snippet of the code and worked on it a while to reduce the memory leak. I was closing every reference and could not explain it so I wrote the same code in VB and saw no memory leaks. I implemented the same code in LabVIEW 8 and still saw a memory leak. The code opens a graph control from a third party vendor and draws it. Each time the graph is drawn in LabVIEW 8, it costs about 30-40k. We have 8 graphs in our application bringing each iteration to 240-320k. The users are going to be reviewing between 96-384 samples in one sitting but we have no control over when the program quits. 384 samples reviewed in the graphs is 92,160k as a minimum. I was frustrated and about to send it to the thrid party vendor, AB Sciex, but they only had LabVIEW 7.1. So I converted it back to 8.0 and then to 7.1.1. I ran the code in 7.1.1 and there were little to no memory leaks! I even tried it in LabVIEW 7.0 and it worked the same as 7.1.1. I monitored the memory of LabVIEW through the task monitor in Windows XP. I have tried it on a few XP machines and a 2000 machine and same answer on all. I also built a Task Monitor tool using .NET to graph the memory of the LabVIEW proce...

How do you read old Macintosh LabView files in LabView 6.1 for the PC?
I have a LabView application written for a version of LabView that ran on a Macintosh IIci that is no longer in operation. This Labview application is approximately 5 years old. We have LabView 6.1 for the PC. Is there some way to read the old Macintosh LabView files in LabView 6.1 for the PC? How would you recommend getting the files from the Macintosh platform to the PC? LabVIEW has been cross platform since version 3 (partially in version 2.2 and 2.5). LV 6.1 was not around 5 years ago, so the Mac application is probably in an older version. Generally a 1 or 2 version update just requ...

How can I run a labview 7.2 vi in labview 8.2
We have several versions of labview running different test and control functions in our facility. There are labview 7.2 VIs in a production setting I wish to reproduce in the test lab. Can I convert them to run on 8.2 or do I have to recreate them in 8.2. I tried to open one in 8.2 and got multiple SubVI's that were not in my program library.. most dealing with AI manipulation. &nbsp; And make sure you have backup copies of your 7.x code. Once you load and save in 8.2, it is a lot of work to get them back to 7.x. Note I used 7.x because I am unaware of LabVIEW version 7.2 even existing. 7.1.1 was the last release prior to 8.0 ...

Re: &quot;Total Data Size&quot; property of running VI in LabVIEW 7.1 doesn't work any more?
Just bumped into this problem and did find the answer in this thread dating back to 2005. So, is there a way to do this with 7.1 or 7.1.1 or not? From the 2005 discussion, the resolution was that in LabVIEW 7.1 and later, you cannot read the memory used by a running VI. &nbsp; I just ran both example programs posted in 2005, and no - you still cannot read the Total Data Size of a VI when it is running.&nbsp; I ran both programs in LabVIEW 8.5.1.&nbsp; &nbsp; Kevin S. Applications Engineer National InstrumentsMessage Edited by Kevin_S on 07-11-2008 04:53 PM So, how does one debug potential memory leaks or fragmentations?We have about 2700 VIs written by four or five people, part of two or three "top-level" VIs we call over and over again, and&nbsp; a very small leak, as far as I can tell by the rate of increase in the execution time and program size/memory/handles.&nbsp; These are all part of an LV executable we call remotely through a crude TCP interface at the rate of 25k calls per month.&nbsp; We don't even have LV on that machine.There's got to be a way to find out where the problem is that doesn't imply staring at every single of those VIs.&nbsp; And divide and conquer is a bit hard at this point, given the amount of code and associated instrumentation.&nbsp; I will investigate your options and respond shortly. &nbsp; Kevin S. Applications Engineer National Instruments From what I have learned, there is ...

fopen ("file on shared drive","w+") doesn't work on 2nd call using Windows LabView DDL
Hello, I have a shared drive on SGI, Linux, and Windows. A second call to fopen doesn't create the file if it has been deleted. I would like to use fopen for its pointer return value to solve this. What is the best way to fix this problem? The reason I want to do this is I do not want to exit completely from LabView and then re-enter it to create the file! I talked to my system person and he said something "like" this. That it is a caching problem. Windows has the file in cache memory. All references to it affect the cached file. You can do fopens (NULL not returned, and ...

how to make my labview codings as a package for labview
Hello NI, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I made drivers for some thrid party instruments, which is compatable for serial port and&nbsp;Ethernet.&nbsp;I have several vi's for that i cant able to share these vi's to my friends. i just want to build one package of my driver, also i want to install these package to labview user library. &nbsp; Tell me some good suggestion for this. &nbsp; With&nbsp;warm regards, Balaji DP Application Engineer, Gantner&nbsp;Instruments.&nbsp; The easiest way is to do a development distribution (File&gt;&gt;Save As. If your needs are more complex, you can also try <a href="http://jkisoft.com/vipm/" target="_blank">VIPM</a>. I don't&nbsp;think the free version can do this, but it's worth it just for getting the OpenG code. where i can find this development distribution ? is there option available in labview? If you re using LV versions &gt; 7.x, you can create an LLB by using the option Save As... in the Files menu. You have to just open the top-level VI of that driver (or something) &amp; go on to build the LLB. All other VIs will get added/bundled into it automatically. :smileyhappy: In LV 7.x, I think it ll be under the Tools &gt;&gt; Build Source Distribution menu... balaji_dp@yahoo.com wrote:Hello NI, &nb...

Installation of LabView 8 after LabView 6
Good afternoon everybody, &nbsp; I've got a big problem with LabView. The fact is that I begin with this software... I've just installed LabView 8 on a computer where LabView 6 was installed. Once the installation finished, I tried to launch a VI That was developped under the old version. &nbsp; The problem is that two VI can't be found : - AI Sample Channel.vi - AI Acquire Waveform.vi Therefore, I can't use anymore the program that was working before... What is the solution to get everything ok please ? Thank you very much ! SylvianTriquigneaux, the VI will now...

Labview.lib was not calld from a labview process
I am working with our labview programers to create a Labview DLL that will be called from Labview and VB6. The code works fine with Labview but I keep getting Fatal Error: Labview.lib was not calld from a labview process. I have checked the versions of development software and the runtime versions that we are using and they matche 8.0.1. We have also preformed a mass compile of the DLL with no change. &nbsp; Are there any other steps that we can take to solve this problem??? &nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A4C3AEF93240280A86256931006FB66C?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A4C3AEF93240280A86256931006FB66C?OpenDocument</a> &nbsp;Just to make sure you know of this article, I hope its a new one and else we can look further.<a href="http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about566915.html" target="_blank">http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about566915.html</a> Another discussion regarding the same error message.<a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A4C3AEF93240280A86256931006FB66C?OpenDocument" target="_blank"></a> Message Edited by andre.buurman@carya on 06-04-2008 08:02 PM <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=127655&amp;query.id=62975#M127655" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=...

How to take the screen shot of my computer page by using Labview.... is there any funtions available in Labview?
How to take the screen shot of my computer page by using Labview.... is there any funtions available in Labview? <a href="http://sine.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2951" target="_blank">http://sine.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2951</a> You can also try searching the LAVA forums. There was a recent thread which included example code which uses .NET. Another <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;thread.id=252582" target="_blank">thread</a> about this theme. ...

Save VI developed in Labview 6.1 to work in Labview 5.1
I have been working with Labview 6.1 but I need to execute my VIs in Labview 5.1 too. What can I do to reuse all the VIs without having to develop them again in Labview 5.1? I am not able to save my VIs as 5.1 from Labview 6.1 It only allows me to save them as Labview 6.0 Thank you! Assuming they can be converted, and there's not too many, you might want to try posting them here for someone to convert. (convert to 6.0 first and zip) Not too elegant but may get you out of a bind. Hello, Yes, each new version of LabVIEW only carries the capability to save for one version previous. So, you would need to save the 6.1 VIs for vesion 6.0, and then from LabVIEW 6.0 save for 5.1. If there aren't too many VIs, one of our engineers here would most likely have no problem with making the conversion for you. You could email NI with them to make it more private, if you'd like, rather than posting them on the site. (To create an email request, go to www.ni.com/ask). Hope this helps! Liz Fausak National Instruments ...

Web resources about - If i have a labview .vi file(and labview) but i want to open it in a computer that doesn't have labview, how would i do it?? - comp.lang.labview