if time = 3 seconds, how do i set the values of the time steps 0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0 to -9999 from time =3 seconds

Hi

I have 18 inputs (arrays) which contain certain statistics and if time  = 3 seconds, set the values of time step 5.0 to -9999.0.

I was wondering if there is an efficient way to do this without using a lot of case statements?

Thank you.
0
x9561 (148442)

Hello AdrianT,

it's not really clear to me what you want to do...
I suspect: you have an array containing values and you want to output
them with a fixed timing of 3 seconds: you should use a for loop
autoindexing trough your array and sending the value to your
indicator/output/whatever. Put a "wait for next multiple" into your for
loop.

Or do you want to have a minimum time delay of 3 seconds? Again use a
for loop, get the time value and use a InRange&Coerce with minimum
set to 3 seconds...

Or you should explain more precisely what you need...
0
x9561 (148442)
8/16/2005 7:40:33 AM
Hi
Thanks for that.
Let me explain.

The time may vary. Let me give an example. if time  = 2.1, I want to set the time step's  3.0 and 5.0's values to -9999.0.
if the time =0.1 seconds then I want to set 0.2,0.3, 0.5 etc values to -9999.0
etc ....................................................................

Can you please help?
Thank you.
0
x9561 (148442)
8/16/2005 10:40:39 AM
Hello TUDS,

do you use different accounts/nicknames ?

Well, that's easy, at least for a sorted array:
Search for your time-value in the array (Threshold 1D array). Fill all
elements from that index till the end with your "error condition"
(-9999).
For filling the array you can do: calc how many elements have to be
written, "initialize array" with -9999 and number of elements, "replace
array subset" with initialized array starting from index. This way you
don't need a for loop.
0
x9561 (148442)
8/16/2005 11:10:31 AM
Hi
Thanks for that.

But I  was wondering, How do i replace the first 3 rows of an array filled with -9999.0?

Thank you.
0
x9561 (148442)
8/18/2005 1:10:54 AM
Hello adrianT,

first you asked for filling all elements in an array starting from a given index (=element to be searched).
Now you ask to fill the array up to that index:

It's more or less the same: find the index of the given element, make a
for loop and replace all elements from start to that index (or index-1,
and don't forget to use a shift register). Or as I mentioned above:
create an array with "Initialize Array" with the needed number of
elements and replace all elements in one step.

You speak of "rows"? Do you have a 2d-array or a 1d-array? (Well it's
nearly the same, you just have one index more to keep an eye on...)
0
x9561 (148442)

Web resources about - if time = 3 seconds, how do i set the values of the time steps 0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0 to -9999 from time =3 seconds - comp.lang.labview

Second Gear
Second Gear creates beautiful iPhone and iPad applications, including Elements for storing your writing and notes on Dropbox.

Second Intermediate Period of Egypt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Apparently, she had no heirs, causing the twelfth dynasty to come to a sudden end as did the Golden Age of the Middle Kingdom, which was succeeded ...

Second person charged over body found in Whroo mine shaft
A second person has been charged over a body found in a disused mine shaft at Whroo in northern Victoria.

NRL: Gold Coast Titans had 14 players for 'five seconds' in comeback win over Raiders
Gold Coast Titans coach Neil Henry says his side had an extra player on the field for no more than "five seconds".

Woman sexually harassed for second time during broad daylight in Glebe park
A woman has encountered a man masturbating in front of her for the second time in two months in a park in Sydney's inner west, police say.

Second person charged over body found in Whroo mine shaft
A second person has been charged over a body found in a disused mine shaft at Whroo in northern Victoria.

Motorbike crash in Gidgegannup is Easter's second fatal accident, reports say
A man in his 30s has died after his motorcycle crashed into a tree north-east of Perth, bringing the Easter long weekend road toll to two, according ...

Instagram rolling out longer 60-second videos + multi-clip support on iOS
... viewership on Instagram videos has increased by more than 40 percent in the last six months, Instagram today will begin rolling out 60-second ...

What’s Possible: How To Get Business In 30 Seconds Or Less
Maybe you dread making "cold calls" but it's far easier than you think to turn "cold" conversations into warm ones, according to columnist David ...

Commission honors Woman Warriors for second year
Commission honors Woman Warriors for second year Osceola News-Gazette Mary Jane Arrington , nominated by Janer, has been Osceola County's Supervisor ...