Inserting Date/Time into MS Access Database

I'm trying to insert a timestamp into an MS Access Database using the
Labview database connectivity toolset.  However, I keep getting an
error saying that the parameter is in the incorrect format.  I'm
using the "DB Tools Format DateTime String.vi", and it doesn't seem to
be working.
0
x9561 (148440)

Hello,
I don't have the answer to your question, but....
How did you get information to be written into MS Access from labview.
Thanks.
0
x9561 (148440)
12/8/2005 8:11:00 PM
If you are using this function to create the date but using SQL to put the date into the DB, this is probably the cause of your problem, because the VI adds a header to your string which is removed later by the parser. If you want to use this date in an SQL command, you should build it yourself or remove the header.

As for roboticstudent, just look at the examples in the example finder to see how to interact with databases.
0
x9561 (148440)
12/9/2005 8:10:45 AM
I tried it both ways.  I tried using the format date/time into
string where it would return "11/7/05 8:22:34 PM", which I then tried
to insert in to the DB, but to no avail.  I even tried various
formats, changing the order of the numbers, etc., but it doesn't seem
to work.
0
x9561 (148440)
12/9/2005 1:40:42 PM
It would be easiest if you post your code, or at least an image of it.
Also, which error exactly are you getting? Is it possible you're trying to enter a string into a numeric field (for example)? If I define a date\time field in Access and then use Insert Data (with the LV formatted time string), it works fine.
0
x9561 (148440)
12/9/2005 1:40:44 PM
I use "Get Date/Time Sring.vi" to get the date & time as two seperate strings.
I then use "DB Tools Insert Data.vi" to write it to the database.
Both fields in the database are set to a Data Type of "Date/Time"
The Date Format is then set to "Short Date" and the Time Format to "Short Time"

Mike

0
x9561 (148440)
12/9/2005 1:40:45 PM
I had some difficulty with this at first see the attached image of a vi which will querry ad MS access database and update the date of an entry, notice that I had to remove (parse) the header form the database time stamp.  It is written in LV7.0 with the DBtoolkit,
paul

Update Database Date.jpg:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/155954/1/Update Database Date.jpg
0
x9561 (148440)
12/9/2005 2:10:51 PM
Hi!,
Check this post by me:
If this doesn't help, we can try other options to work it out.
&nbsp;
- Gurdas
0
x9561 (148440)
12/9/2005 3:10:54 PM
Hi TDT.&nbsp; I was using probes, and did see the date/time string
prior to posting.&nbsp; I tried your suggestion of omitting it and it
didn't work for some reason the first time I tried your idea.&nbsp;
However, I suspect this is partially due to the fact that I had a
fairly complex query updating multiple values.&nbsp; After setitng up a
"test" case using a much simpler query, I found that your suggestion
worked, and was able to apply it to the more complex case.&nbsp; I'm
sorry I didn't give you enough credit for your answer, and will be sure
to do so next time.&nbsp;

Thanks to everyone who helped out.

Brad
0
x9561 (148440)
12/10/2005 5:40:52 PM
Hello bburan,
Question for you.
What does your VI look like that wrote/inserted your data from LabVIEW into MS Access?
Thanks.
&nbsp;
0
x9561 (148440)
12/14/2005 2:40:44 PM
Hi All
I am able to write the Date in MS Access but i am not able to read it. In my case i have to read the data where Start Date=02/10/2007 and End Date= 23/10/2007. I am using this command -
SELECT*From Ram Where Date between '02/10/2007' AND '23/10/2007'&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
but i am getting error -
Error -2147217887 occurred at Conn Execute.vi-&gt;Untitled 2.vi
Possible reason(s):Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: ODBC driver does not support the requested properties. in Conn Execute.vi-&gt;Untitled 2.vi
Please give suggestion to read the data.
regards
x9561 (148440)

Inserting Date/Time into MS Access Database #2
Hi All I am using Labview 8.0. I am able to write the Date in MS Access but i am not able to read it through Labview. In my case i have to read the data where Start Date=02/10/2007 and End Date= 23/10/2007. I am using this command - SELECT*From Table_Name Where Date between '02/10/2007' AND '23/10/2007'&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; but i am getting error - Error -2147217887 occurred at Conn Execute.vi-&gt;Untitled 2.vi Possible reason(s):Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: ODBC driver does not support the requested properties. in Conn Execute.vi-&gt;Untitled 2.vi Please give suggestion to read the data. regards J ...

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work > in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Allen Browne has an excellent calendar control at http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com www.pcdatasheet.com "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Thanks for the link...

ADO Ms Access date\time
To All Just upgraded to xHarbour 1.21 rev 9421 and when I assign a variable to a Ms Access Date\Time field the ValType returns (T) ime .. Here is the error log : Application =========== Path and name: C:\Fox\PMOSQL-N\pmow32.Exe (32 bits) Size: 3,553,792 bytes Compiler version: xHarbour build 1.2.1 Intl. (SimpLex) (Rev. 9421) FiveWin Version: FWHX 11.12 Windows version: 5.1, Build 2600 Service Pack 3 Time from start: 0 hours 0 mins 30 secs Error occurred at: 02/07/2012, 15:51:34 Error description: Error BASE/1075 Argument error: > Args: [ 1] = T 12/30/1899 00:00:00.000 [ 2] = D 01/20/2023 The first value is oRs:Field("Start_date"):Value ( 2/7/2012 in the Access table ) and returns the above [ 1] = T 12/30/1899 00:00:00.000. The second value was a variable assigned to Date() .. As you can see when I compare the values a run-time error occurs. This is a program that has been working fine for a long time .. nothing has changed but xHarbour. Any advice would be appreciated. Rick Lipkin Hi Rick: It's a known problem since "T" was introduced to xHarbour. Following is my notes to developer list some time ago: -- quote -- Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 08:17:42 +0700 From: Andi Jahja > Please let us know which code if any will require addtional work. > Walter, Andi, ..., any input? IMHO, the following areas need urgent reviews: 1. RDD 2. RTL (incl. CT, which is an integrel part in xHarbour) ...

Inserting a picture in an ms access database.
I want to insert a picture in a ms access table using VB6. I also want to see the stored picture using an image control in a form. What should be the coding ? gabs wrote: > I want to insert a picture in a ms access table using VB6. I also want to > see the stored picture using an image control in a form. What should be > the coding ? > Would it not be more efficient to just store the *path* to the picture in the database, rather than the whole picture itself? You're asking for one *HUGE* database file if you store a lot of pictures in it... ...

access date to a date in labview
I am trying to read in a date field from an access database into my labview program i want to be able to display the exact date from my access database onto my front panel but every time i try and do this it doesnt give me what i am expecting for example access database reads : 7/8/2008 labview reads : 1/12/1901 It looks like LabVIEW is showing the default date for an indicator that is not getting a value.&nbsp; Can you post your code so we can see what you are doing? ...

database date-time variant to date-time in seconds, for numeric comparison operations
I am building a user&nbsp;login vi with Labview 8.2 that checks whether stored date/time values in the user record (MS SQL Server Express) have expired.&nbsp; I retrieve data/time values from the database as variants and use the database variant to data vi wired to a string data type, getting a mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM/PM output string.&nbsp; I can convert this to a numeric date/time for comparison to the current date/time by parsing the string and using the cluster to numeric date/time vi.&nbsp; In testing of this, sometimes I get off by an hour, due to DST confusion I suppose.&nbsp; This is not a killer issue.&nbsp; However, I am concerned about how this will work in other countries, where the variant to data conversion on a date/time value should sometines yield a dd/mm/yyyy etc. string perhaps (?) &nbsp; Is there a simpler, and internationally robust, way to do this?&nbsp; Ideally, it would be database platform independent, but for now I am only using SQL Express. &nbsp; Also, I have seen some forum items on problems with LV 8.2 databasevariant to data vi applied to date-time values. Does 8.2.1 fix this? &nbsp; Thanks. trbo_usr wrote:I am building a user&nbsp;login vi with Labview 8.2 that checks whether stored date/time values in the user record (MS SQL Server Express) have expired.&nbsp; I retrieve data/time values from the database as variants and use the database variant to data vi wired to a string data type, getting a m...

How to read MS Access Database Table Created Date
Hi, may need some help here. I am using Borland Delphi Dev 2006. I am able to read the list of tables names in MS Access 2003 database using ADOConnection1.GetTableNames, but I am trying to read the list of tables with their created/modified dates, appreciate some help here please. Thanks. Xan. ...

MS Access Date/Time Data type mismatch
I am receiving the following error: MS Access Date/Time DBD::ODBC::st execute failed: [Microsoft][ODBC Data type mismatch in criteria expression when executing the following code. $sqlstatement="SELECT [Import Date], [Transaction Type], [Item Number]" . "FROM [Open Transactions] WHERE [Import Date] > '2004/02/01 11:16:16'"; $sth = $dbh->prepare($sqlstatement); $sth->execute || die "Could not execute SQL statement ... maybe invalid?"; The [Import Date] is defined as an MS Date/Time type and contains the following Db entry format: 4/12...

How to read MS Access Database Table Created Date
Hi, may need some help here. I am using Borland Delphi Dev 2006. I am able to read the list of tables names in MS Access 2003 database using ADOConnection1.GetTableNames, but I am trying to read the list of tables with their created/modified dates, appreciate some help here please. Thanks. Xan. ...

how do you update a java.sql.date type in an ms access database
when i update a row in an access database the date field does not update to the correct date it brings up some funny date which i dont know where it comes from. Below is the method i use to update. maybe the date types are not compatable? thanks in advance, public static void bookIN(int custID, int rNumber,java.sql.Date bkInDate ){ try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); String filename = "hotelDB.mdb"; String database = "jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ="; database+= filename.trim() + ";DriverID=22;READONLY=true}"; Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection( database ,"",""); int yes = 1; Statement s = con.createStatement(); s.executeUpdate("update Rooms set CustomerId ="+custID+",BookINDate ="+ bkInDate +",Occupied = "+yes+" where RoomNo = "+rNumber+" "); s.close(); con.close(); } catch (Exception err) { System.out.println("ERROR: " + err); } } "chose" wrote... > when i update a row in an access database the date field > does not update to the correct date it brings up some > funny date which i dont know where it comes from. It comes from db's attempt to parse an invalid date-string... In Access/Jet,...

MS Access
Hi, I have a database in MS Access 2007, multiuser set up, however only one person can get into the database at a time. Thanks in advance for your help. Trish Trish wrote: > Hi, > > I have a database in MS Access 2007, multiuser set up, however only > one person can get into the database at a time. > > Thanks in advance for your help. > > Trish Do you have /excl in the command line to open the database. Is the second user getting an error message? You might want to be a little more verbose in your problem description...like error messages, method of opening the file, and the like. Hi, Trish wrote: > I have a database in MS Access 2007, multiuser set up, however only > one person can get into the database at a time. Check the users rights, they must have the right to create and delete files in the database folder. Regards Jens On May 12, 2:31=A0pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote: > Trish wrote: > > Hi, > > > I have a database in MS Access 2007, multiuser set up, however only > > one person can get into the database at a time. > > > Thanks in advance for your help. > > > Trish > > Do you have /excl in the command line to open the database. > > Is the second user getting an error message? =A0You might want to be a > little more verbose in your problem description...like error messages, > method of opening the file, and the like. I will double-check the command l...

date/time in access to date in excel
is there an easy way to make a date/time field (in Access) convert to a date field (in Excel) when using ms-query? I'm pretty good with xl, but new to access, so apologies if this is covered on p1 of the user's guide (my _quick_ search in this forum didn't find an answer to my question). tia mcalex does no answer in 20-odd hours mean I can't do it? mcmcalex@netscape.net wrote: > is there an easy way to make a date/time field (in Access) convert to a > date field (in Excel) when using ms-query? I'm pretty good with xl, > but new to access, so apologies if this is covered on p1 of the user's > guide (my _quick_ search in this forum didn't find an answer to my > question). > > tia > mcalex No, it means you're in the wrong newsgroup. Most of us in Access don't use ms-query. We use Access Queries. Try a Excel newsgroup. ...

Convert User entered date and time to Unix Timestamp before inserting to database

Convert string to date/time MS Access will accept at import
I have my data collector script finished now and it works fine. Now my problem is that MS Access throws a hissyfit when I try to import my data. At first I thought it was the AutoNumber field that caused it but it isn't as I found the report saying that I get "Type Conversion Failure" on every filed containing time info. All my collected data have the time info stored in this format "Jul 28 18:34" (Tab delimitered) and now I guess I need to convert all those on the fly before they are stored to something Access will accept. Is there any (hopefully easy...

Date/Time Calculations in MS Access 2002 using a MySQL backend
I have searched this group, and am not finding the answer I am looking for -- hope you can help. I have a front-end MS Access database hooked via a MyODBC link to a MySQL database. A modified date is going into the database. Need to be able to perform calculations on the dates in order for newly added notes to show up in bold on a report. Having trouble reconciling now() with the date and time that is in the mySQL database. After some different trials, I ended up putting both dates in MySQL as a varchar. I know this isn't ideal, but it was giving me the formats that I wanted on the front end. Modified date is going into the varchar as now() from a form before update event. I know that this needs to be gutted and re-designed, but does anyone have a suggestion as to backend field set up, along with the correct way to make this date/time user friendly on the front-end forms? Thanks! Solved my own issue, in case anyone ever checks this in the future -- set mysql fields to datetime. The use MS Access properties to make that show up in the format you want it (ie., short date, etc). ...

How to add records with 'Autonumber' property to a MS Access database using LabVIEW?
I am trying to write to a MS Access database. Everything works fine as long as I add data to all records at the same time. The database I am using have two tables (just for testing) with a 'one-to-many' relationship between the two. They both have a PrimaryKey with the data type 'AutoNumber'. From what I understand those numbers should be automatically generated when new data is written to the DB. I can't get that to work with LabVIEW. I am using the function 'DB Tools Insert Data.vi'. According to the manual I should be OK with specifying the column I want to write...

Inserting value from MS Word into MS Access
If there are any enlightend souls out there that can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to use a macro to take a value and add it to an access database. I am having a problem with the very first line of code, Dim myDatabase as Database, the system does not recognize the Database object. PLEASE if there is anyone out there that has a piece of code that sends info from a word file into a access database... send it to me. I will Love you forever. Evan wrote: > If there are any enlightend souls out there that can help me, I would > greatly appreciate it. I would like to use a macro to take a value and > add it to an access database. > > I am having a problem with the very first line of code, > Dim myDatabase as Database, the system does not recognize the Database > object. Add a reference to DAO or use an Object variable and late bind it (set db=CreateObject("DAO.Database"), although the first way will give you intellisense. -- \\\\\\ \\ \\ Windows is searching \ \ For your sig. \ \ Please Wait. \__\ mmm, I am sorry - I am really new at this... I have added the ADO reference, and I want to execute this SQL - "insert into documents (title) values ('testTitle')" How do I write the actual code, I had it before but then I deleted the wrong file... now I am back at square one Evan wrote: > mmm, I am sorry - I am really new at this... I have added the ADO > referenc...

Re: How to add records with 'Autonumber' property to a MS Access database using LabVIEW?
I applied the same approach as you guys have described, however my problem starts before I get to autonumber. I have an issue feeding column (data) from "DB tool list column VI" to "DB Tools insert data VI" .So when&nbsp; I connect&nbsp; column output of "DB tool list vi" to column input of "Insert data Vi " I get an error message "exception occurred in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers, [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement.." However, when I don?t connect column between those two vias, basically leaving it blank ( it treats it as filling all the columns in database) and it works fine that way. I talked to NI engineer and he couldn't figure out exactly what causes that problem,&nbsp;?DB Tools List column vi" outputs correct column info, which corresponds correctly to my created data base. I am suspecting it could have something to do with ODBC driver or version of Access that I am using. Access version is 2003, and I tried ODBC driver of 2002 &amp; 2004 with the same results. &nbsp; Any help would be appreciated ...

Re: How to add records with 'Autonumber' property to a MS Access database using LabVIEW? #2
Hi Alex77, can you please post your vi? so that it will be easier to understand your problem. Any of the field has autogenerated values??? ...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

Web resources about - Inserting Date/Time into MS Access Database - comp.lang.labview

Inserting Kate
jurvetson posted a photo: the speaking GPS avatar that we came to love.. more prep photos below... You can hear her voice in the video compilation ...

Inserting the Galaxy Note 5’s S Pen backwards can permanently damage the device
One of the features Samsung highlighted when it unveiled the Galaxy Note 5 was the device's new S Pen slot design. The Note 5 features a spring-loaded ...

How the Shift from Swiping to Inserting Cards Will Accelerate Mobile Payments
... this shift is to protect consumers and merchants from fraud. What the industry refers to as "dipping" and consumers and cashiers call "inserting" ...

Inserting Slavery Into The Climate Debate
Chris Hayes compares the fight against fossil fuels to the abolitionist movement. He states plainly that “there is absolutely no conceivable ...

Samsung smart TVs inserting ads into third-party apps
... playback have pissed off a number of consumers. People with smart TVs from Samsung have been complaining that the electronics maker is inserting ...

Inserting images into Gmail could be so much better
When Google first launched the new compact compose window in Gmail, many of you might have noticed something annoying about inserting images. ...

Gawker tells Steven Crowder to "stop whining, take your licks, and accept that getting hit in the face ...
"... in the middle of an argument between billionaire-funded know-nothing ideologues and people whose livelihoods and stability are being threatened ...

Gmail's Shortcut for Inserting Hyperlinks
... but that doesn't mean Google shouldn't improve them. Many people complained that Gmail's rich text editor doesn't have a shortcut for inserting ...

Why Hollywood Is Inserting These Two Huge Chinese Actresses Into Its Summer Blockbusters
... It shows the enormous potential in China for distributors. We've previously discussed how Hollywood is starting to cater to China by inserting ...