Integration of two different labview infinity projects and how to import labview's calcutation into flash animation

1) I have a labview project for strength gauge using flex sensor and another labview project on tracking the brightest light intensity of image captured by webcam.
    How do i integrate both together?
2) How do I show simple animations of the measurement result?
    For e.g if I am doing a measurement and position tracking of a bow and arrow game using labview program,
    how do i show the bulleye's and whether the user has hit on the bull's eye?
    Is it possible to import flash animation of the bull's eye? How do i do that?
0
x9561 (148440)

this may be an solution for your first question.
the project file of LabVIEW is a XML file.
you can open it with a txt editor, such as notepad, ultraedit, and so on.
or a XML editor is prefer.
then try to integrate (copy and paste) the part of the content two project.
it maybe works. i think.
hehe.
0
x9561 (148440)

Error Code "1097.....this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory.........." appears after exit the labview and re-start labview
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a probelm when I use the "tool/import shared library(.dll)" wizard&nbsp;to generate the&nbsp;API from C. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The API &nbsp;works correctly when I complete the wizard, but after I exit labview and re-start labview to run&nbsp;the API&nbsp;again. The error 1097 code "......this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory.............."appears. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The only solution now is to re-generate or update the wizard to&nbsp;generate the API. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I try to find the answer in &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/58596F5D41CE8EFB862562AF0074E04C?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/58596F5D41CE8EFB862562AF0074E04C?OpenDocument</a>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The paragraph in above article shows ........................... &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "LabVIEW does not crash until it is closedThe most likely problem is that the DLL function being called has corrupted th...

Integrating LabVIEW subsystems in a large non-LabVIEW project
I am investigating what methods are being used to integrate LabVIEW systems as subsystems of large systems. Whenever I talk to NI engineers they can tell me all about how you can use this or that non- LabVIEW software from LabVIEW but never the other way round. Obviously it is in NI's interest to present a LabVIEW-centric viewpoint. So I'm looking for options that allow integration of existing VIs to be used as subsystems of an open standards based distributed object system. Sorry, at these stage I can't be specific about what these open-standards might be - it could be CORBA, but may well not be. It will not be .NET (not open enough). The obvious solution is "TCP/IP sockets". Which is a good start, at the protocol level, but doesn't give you much more than a data transport mechanism between subsystems. I am aware of a Lockheed product that implements CORBA interfaces in LabVIEW, which may be useful, but looks proprietary. For example: can one invoke a VI directly from a non-LabVIEW system? I assume the VI Server protocol implemented by NI is closed and proprietary? I have looked at the LabVIEW DSC Module, which is sort of interesting as a SCADA type solution and provides a disributed database, but again doesn't look easy to integrate alongside other systems. Any thoughts gratefully received, Philip ...

LabVIEW 8 does not close ref's the same as LabVIEW 7!?!
Hello! I have been struggling with a difference between LabVIEW 7 and 8 in how the Close Reference functions for Active X objects. In order to fully understand the problem, let me first explain the process of how I got here. I have an application in beta testing and we noticed a huge memory leak in LabVIEW 8, 8.2. I took a snippet of the code and worked on it a while to reduce the memory leak. I was closing every reference and could not explain it so I wrote the same code in VB and saw no memory leaks. I implemented the same code in LabVIEW 8 and still saw a memory leak. The code opens a graph control from a third party vendor and draws it. Each time the graph is drawn in LabVIEW 8, it costs about 30-40k. We have 8 graphs in our application bringing each iteration to 240-320k. The users are going to be reviewing between 96-384 samples in one sitting but we have no control over when the program quits. 384 samples reviewed in the graphs is 92,160k as a minimum. I was frustrated and about to send it to the thrid party vendor, AB Sciex, but they only had LabVIEW 7.1. So I converted it back to 8.0 and then to 7.1.1. I ran the code in 7.1.1 and there were little to no memory leaks! I even tried it in LabVIEW 7.0 and it worked the same as 7.1.1. I monitored the memory of LabVIEW through the task monitor in Windows XP. I have tried it on a few XP machines and a 2000 machine and same answer on all. I also built a Task Monitor tool using .NET to graph the memory of the LabVIEW proce...

If i have a labview .vi file(and labview) but i want to open it in a computer that doesn't have labview, how would i do it??
Okay, i have a made a labview program and save it as.vi. &nbsp; Let's say that it is a program that when opened and you hit run it shows a sine wave. &nbsp; Now if i wanted to open up the program without Labview, ( i don't need to modify it) on a computer that doesn't have labview. How would i go about doing this?? &nbsp; Thanks, K ...

How can I get handle(s) to and poll non-LabVIEW window(s)/application(s) from LabVIEW?
Want to launch&nbsp;EXE from LabVIEW, wait for user to finish with EXE's UI, and once they closed it, return execution flow in LabVIEW. Cool, no problem. Used the System Exec VI and with the "wait until completion" = TRUE the EXE never launches. Not sure why. With the "wait until completion" = FALSE, the application runs with no problems, but now LabVIEW no longer waits.&nbsp; Can't tell when user is done. Work around idea... Once the Sys Exec VI launches the EXE, wait&nbsp;and poll some Windows API call to see when the window for the specific EXE closes. Cool. I know G and no C.&nbsp; What I would ideally like is a DLL, that I can wrap with the DLL Import Wizard.&nbsp; Of course best would be a VI and the wrapped API call. Any ideas? You could try it with a pipe. With a pipe you can open an exe, and interact with it through a read and write reference. Although in your case the exe might not start, since the normal sysexec doesn't start it... http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=270461&requireLogin=False Regards, Wiebe. ...

change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW
change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW hi, I am Interfacing a FrameGrabber with LabVIEW using a frame grabber SDK(dll). The memory managment of this FG allow you to allocate your own Array and to give a pointer to this Array to the memory manager. Then when you acquire with the frame grabber, the acquired image will be directly accessible in your array. 1.I give to the FG memory manager a pointer to the Labview array through a SDK Dll function. 2. I run the acquisition 3. I display the array My problem is that the Array is allways displayed with it initial val...

Unable to install labview in the new mac using the 'labview CD for Power Mac'
I have got a 'Labview full development system for power macintosh'. I have to use labview for some application and so I tried installing labview in my imac using this CD. The CD gets ejected out by itself. I tried it in a Mac laptop. There it opened, but when I try to install it, it gave the following message: 'You can't open the application 'Install Labview' because the classic environment is no longer supported'. Please note that the macs that I used are Intel based. What is the cause of this problem? What is the solution?The version of the software is : 6.0Please do the needful.Thankyou,Pavithra Souriraj The version you are trying to install was apparently written for Mac OS 9 or earlier, hence the reference to the Classic environment. The Classic environment is an emulation of OS 9 under OS X. However, Apple did not start using Intel processors until several years after the introduction of OS X, so they (Apple) did not develop an OS 9 emulator which will run on Intel based Macs. You cannot run LV 6 on an Intel based Mac. This is an Apple issue, not a National Instruments issue. LV 6 runs fine under OS X on a PowerPC Mac, as do several other versions.You will either need to get an older Mac or a newer version of LV. I am not sure which is the earliest version which will run on an Intel Mac.LynnUsing LV on the Mac since version 1.2 Hello Pavithra, Thank you for contacting National Instruments.&nbsp; Please look at this article for your ...

Re: LabVIEW and LabVIEW RT?
Hello Iman, I will try to illustrate it with an example since it all will depend on the type of application you would like to implement. Let's say you would like to implement an application where you log data, maybe exchange data with databases and you acquire a bunch of data points at a time not performing any type of control and where high determinism is&nbsp;not needed. In this case LabVIEW for Windows work great. If you on the other hand would like to implement a closed-loop application where you need high determinism and reliability and will acquire data point by point you would use LabVIEW RT which is an add-on to LabVIEW. I.e. you need LabVIEW + LabVIEW RT when developing an RT application. ...

LabVIEW
Hi ALL, I am a new user of LabVIEW. I have been assigned to acquire a signal from a sensor at a car. However, all these signals must be filtered. But I am not sure, what type of filter most powerful. Besides, as I know, different type of signal needs differenct type of filter. Anybody can help me to solve my problems. Your kind cooperation is highly appreciated. Regards, M. Firdaus, France Fird wrote: > Hi ALL, > I am a new user of LabVIEW. > I have been assigned to acquire a signal from a sensor at a car. > However, all these signals must be filtered. ...

How can I run two different vi's in same project which are accessing same global variable with out effecting the speed of the execution of both the vi's
Hi &nbsp; I have build an Labview project with FPGA target .&nbsp; I have configured an FPGA VI and an host Vi to acquire data and logged the data to a file and stored the latest data in a global variable simultanously. I have configured one more VI in the same project&nbsp; to access the global variable.&nbsp; I have build a dll to access both the VI as functions in LabWindows/CVI code.&nbsp; My task in CVI is to update configured GUI with&nbsp;latest data periodically and run the &nbsp;host VI continously for a long time and log the data to a file. GUI should upda...

Labview time stamp's current time and time of the regional settings differs but i want this to be same.
Hi All, I am changing my time zone to GMT+01:00 (Amsterdan, Berlin etc.,), so systems time&nbsp;changes to italian time. but when i use the labview's time stamp control and select the option of set to current time, the value in the control changes to indian time only(local time). I want this to appear corresponding to the time zone which has been set. &nbsp; if anyone has come across this kind of issues and have the idea, please tell me. &nbsp; Thanks in advance. &nbsp; Regards, sathish. Hi, Thanks for the reply. I got it to work in the same way. &nbsp; bye &nbsp; ...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #2
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #4
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #3
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Using Labview 6.1 on Linux, the 'Current VI's Path' function...
Using Labview 6.1 on Linux, the 'Current VI's Path' function returns an incorrect and unuseable path. 'Current VI's Path' is returning my home director rather than the vi path and it has a back slash '/' at the end which means I can not append to it. Is this a bug? Hi Jack, I emailed you the my suggestions below "I tried running LabVIEW 6.1 on a Linux machine here running red hat 7.2 and I couldnt reproduce you issue. I got the full pathname '/home/login_name/untitled1.vi. I even tried LabVIEW 7 and that worked fine too. This maybe a silly questi...

.net return type different on LabView version 7.1 v's 8.20
Hi, &nbsp; I'm trying to communicate with an external API from within Labview. &nbsp; The atttached&nbsp;doc shows the&nbsp;problem i'm seeing. When write this vi in Labview version 7.1, 'accessLevel' is returned as a refnum. When I write the same vi in version 8.20 'accessLevel' is returned as a string (correct). &nbsp; Is there a way to return the correct data type in version 7.1? &nbsp; Thanks code interface.doc: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/237323/1/code interface.doc Hi James, Thanks for the tips! I'm using Net 2.0 so I'll try the 7.1.1 patch you recommend. When I wire the refnum to an invoke node there are no methods available so no luck there. I'll let you know if the patch works out. Thanks again, Filbert&nbsp; ...

FPGA sub-vi in LabVIEW 8.2 Project used in multiple top level vi's
Hey All,&nbsp; Thanks for all you help on my last issue. &nbsp; How do I use an FPGA sub-vi in multiple applications without having all the files of the multiple applications in the FPGA sub-vi project? &nbsp; This question has to do with re-using FPGA code in multiple projects.&nbsp; There are&nbsp;3, um, wait, 6, okay, MULTIPLE&nbsp;built applications that use the same FPGA module/sub-vi.&nbsp; Using LabVIEW 8.2, the expanded memory and i/o lines&nbsp;for the FPGA must be assinged in the "Project" (file name.lvproj).&nbsp; I created a sub-vi that interacts with the FPGA code.&nbsp; The sub-vi and the FPGA vi's are all in a single project.&nbsp; I tried to drag the sub-vi to a non-project vi, but got an error message that the new vi wasn't part of the project. &nbsp; As of now the only solutions I can think of is to have one project with multiple&nbsp;top-level&nbsp;vi's&nbsp;inside of it or have multiple projects with duplicate FPGA sub-vi's in them.&nbsp; Either way&nbsp;this is very annoying from a version control standpoint. &nbsp; Thanks in advance for your help, -Andrew &nbsp; Hi Andrew, The best way to do this would be to have multiple projects calling the same subVI, as you stated in your post.&nbsp; There does not seem to be&nbsp;a workaround for this.&nbsp; The reason you are getting an error when dragging your subVI into a non-project VI is because th...

LVClass constructor in an XControl's Init.vi crashes LabVIEW when VI using XControl is loaded outside of project
Example attached. &nbsp; To reproduce behavior, 1) Load "XControl and Class.lvproj", and then "Test XControl with Class.vi"&nbsp; - everything will be normal, running the Test VI will make the lights blink happily. 2) Close "XControl and Class.lvproj" 3) Load "Test XControl with Class.vi"&nbsp;- without the Project being open - and LabVIEW will crash with an Access Violation. &nbsp; Conputer: * LabVIEW 8.2.1 * Windows XP SP2 * Pentium4 2.8GHz * 512MB RAM &nbsp; &nbsp; And, of course, I neglected to attach the file. &nbsp; Attachment included this time. Test XControl with Class.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/261386/1/Test XControl with Class.zip ...

plug-in &quot;not installed&quot; in my LabVIEW project's &quot;Build Specifications&quot;
I moved my LabVIEW project from one computer to another, now when I click on any item under the project's "Build Specifications", I get an error reading "The plug-in for the selected item is not installed on your system." Does anybody know how to fix this? I have no idea what this "plug-in" is.Attached is a screenshot. plug-in error.PNG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/222664/1/plug-in error.PNG ...

LabView 8.2 timestamp in seconds vi starts with a delay of 100's ms difference on diff. XP computers
Greetings; I have tried this on an XP SP2 single core computer and dual core computer. On both computers , I have clicked My Computer -&gt; Properties_&gt; advanced -&gt; Performance -&gt; Best Performance. &nbsp; Everytime I run the vi, the display starts at 0.1xx second thru 0.8xx second. I am trying to acquire, in the future and not shown in this vi, analog input data and trigger out on the counters and analog output channels. My measurement is only for 3 seconds, but this vi misses up to 0.8xx seconds . Is this 0.1 thru 0.8 second delay typical LabView 8.2 Windows XP behavior? testMainLV82.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/247807/1/testMainLV82.vi ...

Linking other software's dll'd to labview
Hi, I need to communicate in lab view with another simulating software. I have the dll of the soft ware and also am aware of the input parameters and the output parameters. I am trying to use the call function node. But I am facing difficulty with the linking? Can any one pplese help m ein this. I can share the header file of the dll I am trying to link .....if some one can help me in linking ? Thanks a lot, Ajit ...

Re: LabVIEW QA
Chroma, I am a little unclear about your question.&nbsp; You should be able to use BuildTargetBuildSpecification to build all or selected build specifications within a project.&nbsp; You could build a program to call this VI for different projects and build specifications.Are you looking to find out all builds present in a project, similar to how the other example you pointed too adds files?&nbsp; If so, have a look at the attached screen shot.&nbsp; This opens the project, gets all descendents of type "EXE" (application builds), and creates an array of their names.&nbsp; If you don't specify "EXE", it will return all project descendents (builds, VIs, libraries, etc...).&nbsp; The help for the "Get All Descendents" method lists other possible types that you can specify besides "EXE" that might be useful, such as "VI", "DLL", "Source Distribution" and "Installer".I hope that helps! builds.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/286645/1/builds.jpg ...

Calling a LabView DLL from a Labview VI
Hi, I have a vi that is calling a Labview DLL and they both have a same subVI. If I drop that SubVI into the block diagram first then drop in the Call Library Function Node, when I run the VI, the DLL would not work and it did not give me any error. Does anyone know how fix this problem with Labview? or is there some configuration that I can force the all of that SubVI points into the DLL. Thanks for your help, Dan ...

Installation of LabView 8 after LabView 6
Good afternoon everybody, &nbsp; I've got a big problem with LabView. The fact is that I begin with this software... I've just installed LabView 8 on a computer where LabView 6 was installed. Once the installation finished, I tried to launch a VI That was developped under the old version. &nbsp; The problem is that two VI can't be found : - AI Sample Channel.vi - AI Acquire Waveform.vi Therefore, I can't use anymore the program that was working before... What is the solution to get everything ok please ? Thank you very much ! SylvianTriquigneaux, the VI will now...

Web resources about - Integration of two different labview infinity projects and how to import labview's calcutation into flash animation - comp.lang.labview