is it possible to create user defined control in labview

in .net we can create user defined contol in which i can put more then one control and,, can use it as single control when needed,, but,, how this possible in labview,,

actually in my program i have a tab control and,, in that tab control there are 8 pages,, now there are 5 different kind option selection for each page lets say "a" "b" "c" "d" "e",,,,,.,. so,, when i select "a" configuration for tabpage 1 should show.. "a"(control collection)  on tabpage1....and,, same should b possible for all 8 pages............................. this can possible if its possible to create user defined contorl in labview

while in .net its very easy task i m confused here,..,.

i put these controls in another 5 different  VI,,,, and tried to call in subpanel but,, i dont find the solution,,,:smileysad:

tabcontrol.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/180301/1/tabcontrol.vi
0
x9561 (148439)

Try to attach your VI again so we can get a better idea on what you want. I am a bit confused by your description.

Anyway, of you want a control that contains other controls, just place all the controls in a cluster container.

If you have LabVIEW 8.0, you can create an Xcontrol, basically a custom control on steroids. It can contain any number of controls and indicators and all the logic to define the desired behavior. Have a look at the following link:

&nbsp;
0
x9561 (148439)

Re: I would like to remotely control a LabVIEW application. Is it possible to create multiple different passwords for different users
Hi there, &nbsp; I tried&nbsp;the Remote Panel Login&nbsp;examples which were attached by Zvezdana S. It works when main.vi running in Labview enviroment. But after I created a executable file of main.vi, it didn't work, the Web Server: Browser Access couldn't be changed from "remote panel loging.vi".&nbsp; BTW, both main.exe and Remote Panel Login,vi run at the same PC. &nbsp; I am confused by ports number, ini file. How could I set port number when they are running at the same PC? When I built the executable file, ini file was built in as a support file...

Is LabVIEW Runtime required for a DLL created by LabVIEW ?
Hi &nbsp; Could some one&nbsp;advice me on this matter please. I am trying to build a DLL for a set of functions created in LabVIEW. Now I am&nbsp; wondering if I need to use it with some other language like VB or C++, do I need to install the LabVIEW runtime of the same version as the original functions ? &nbsp; Any settings required while creating the DLL ? I am trying to&nbsp;create it in LV 7.0 &nbsp; Thanks in advance Deepu. &nbsp; Hi Deepu, yes, if you want to use a dll, which is created with LabView you have to install&nbsp;the runtime engine. Mike Alright Mike, Thanks ! I was&nbsp;hoping it would work without the LabVIEW runtime. Anyway, thanks for the quick reply. Rgds Deepu. ...

Using the cFP controller with only LabVIEW and FIELDPOINT software but no LabVIEW RT
I have a cFP-2020 controller and cPF-AI-100 modules which I intend to use in a small project. I do have LabVIEW and FIELDPOINT software but I dont have LabWIEW RT software. Is it possible to use the cPF controller with only just LabVIEW? if yes, I would like to be advised how. Thanks Dear Chuma, It is not possible to&nbsp;set up your system without Labview realtime module. There are system integrators who can build a executable for you. You can search for a alliance member by using the following link; <a href="http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niaa.search_display" target="_blank">http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niaa.search_display</a>&nbsp;Or call your local NI branch office. But if you are planning to do more realtime projects&nbsp;in the future this wouldn't be costs effective. Another option is to use compact fieldpoint pc controlled backplane (so there has to be a PC to control your compact fieldpoint system (not deterministic)). You can do this by using the compact fieldpoint ethernet backplane; <a href="http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/202527" target="_blank">http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/202527</a>&nbsp; Good luck with your project, and please let me know if there are any questions, &nbsp; Martijn ...

How can i use labview.tlb to control Labview from an external application?
Hi, I've been told by a labview engineer that i could use the file labview.tlb located in the labview install folder to control labview from an external application (in my case, a C# app). I'm using Labview 6.1 under Windows 2000. This article confirms that: "ActiveX and LabVIEW" http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/5401BE584FBAEECE862567C2006D36C7?opendocument But i've not been able to find out how to use this file to achieve what i want. I just want to be able to open/close labview, open/close a vi, start/stop a vi, hide/show a vi from a C# application. Th...

change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW
change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW hi, I am Interfacing a FrameGrabber with LabVIEW using a frame grabber SDK(dll). The memory managment of this FG allow you to allocate your own Array and to give a pointer to this Array to the memory manager. Then when you acquire with the frame grabber, the acquired image will be directly accessible in your array. 1.I give to the FG memory manager a pointer to the Labview array through a SDK Dll function. 2. I run the acquisition 3. I display the array My problem is that the Array is allways displayed with it initial val...

Can I create an ActiveX control from LabVIEW
I have some LabVIEW code that I would like to convert into an ActiveX control. There was rumours that this was to be included in Version 7, but I can't find it. Is this possible? Hello, Currently, you cannot create ActiveX controls in LabVIEW. I agree, it would be great to be able to embed custom LabVIEW code into other applications via ActiveX. I will make sure that this idea is suggested. In the meantime, if you want to embed your code into other VIs, consider the remote panel or subpanel capabilities of LabVIEW. These capabilities creates a shell containing the VI, much like an Ac...

How to create a user login page in labview ?
HI &nbsp; &nbsp;I&nbsp;need to create a user login access page in labview and&nbsp;save the username and password in MS excel. I also want to create a button for the user to change the password&nbsp;so that the password will be changed in the excel file. Can anyone help me by sending a similar code pls?. &nbsp; Thanks Liju &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; Hello Liju, have a look at this:<a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=189341" target="_blank"> http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=189341 </a> AnuMathew seems to work on the same problem (or is this an exercise for the whole class?)... Message Edited by GerdW on 06-13-2006 10:15 AM Hi, you can use this link to read data correctly form Excel Files. <a href="http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=F2A5979F588B6643E0340003BA230ECF" target="_blank">http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=F2A5979F588B6643E0340003BA230ECF</a> Steps for your application : 1.Make a Excel File file for Username and Passwords (in&nbsp;two Columns each for username and password) 2.Use the above link's VI to rad the data correctly from excel. 3.Use the login VI in examples at &gt;&gt;C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\examples\general\templates\Dialog using events\Login Dialog.llb\Login dialog.vi 4.)M...

can Labview 7.0 control an instrument without the labview driver?
hellow,i have an instrument which do not have the labview driver,its output signal is RS232,so can i use labview7.0 to read the signal? thanks! Another possible option is to use the Instrument I/O Assistant. It is an interactive tool that generates Instrument I/O and response parsing code for you. It is very helpful in establishing a connection and helping parse instrument response data. It is pretty high level and basic, so if you want to utilize any special serial VISA functionality it may not go as deep as you would like - but it can definitely help get you started. ...

is it possible to create a user defined event for auditing?
Hi all, I'm having problems with the audit trail when running CDE. There's too many dt things going on so the audit trail becomes overly cluttered. Also, with CDE, you can't trigger simple events like USER_Login since that triggers only on the AIX login command. I know I can put some filtering into an audit collection program, but it would be nice to be able to define my own events, or to modify the existing event, and be able to put it into the events file. It doesn't seem like the objects file is much help, unless I'm mistaken. Thanks. ...

open file that created on LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES with LabVIEW 7.1 version
hi all, why i can't open file that open/modified LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES&nbsp;, in version&nbsp;&nbsp;LabVIEW 7.1 ? &nbsp; thank's all&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :) yes the file is *.vi&nbsp;.&nbsp;&nbsp;tha file contain blok diagram. the that i get is :ERROR.jpg (i even can't open file in this porum: <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190</a> thank's ERROR.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/209957/1/ERROR.jpg Dennis,&nbsp; please tell me how i can to save file on LabVieo 7.1&nbsp; that will open on LabVIEW 7 express ? which action i need to do ? ...

how to send a command from a vc++.exe to LABVIEW.exe in order to control the button on the LABVIEW.exe
Hello, everyone. Using VC++, I have gotten the handle of a *.exe(built by Labview), but I cannot get the button handle. I want to get the button handle and post the message to control the button. How can I do that? When I use the SPY++, the *.exe(built by Labview) have not any child windows which is very different from the *.exe(built by VC++). In SPY++, what is the LVDChild class? How can I send the message to control the button on *.exe(built by Labview)??? &nbsp; That is &nbsp;to send a command from a vc++.exe to LABVIEW.exe in order to control the button on the LABVIEW.exe. How can I get it ? Thank you! &nbsp; hummingbird wrote: Thank you!&nbsp;But I dont kown how to use vi server to raise a value signalling event. Can we put vi server into the vc program? Can you give me some more information or some examples, hehe! &nbsp; hummingbird Checkout the LabVIEW ActiveX server interface in the User Manual in Chapter 20, Windows Connectivity and the VI Server Reference in Chapter 17, Programmatically Controlling VIs. There is a sample for Visual Basic under examples/comm/VBtoLV.frm, which should be quite simple to translate to Visual C as long as you can figure out the basics of ActiveX programming in VC (I have never done anything with ActiveX in VC). For those basics I would recommend some text book or MSDN. Rolf Kalbermatter&nbsp; ...

Re: is it possible to test pic microcontroller using serial port and labview, if so any labview codes around for this??
can u plz show us the diagrams for this exampls in this pdf files i need it so much &nbsp; thx for helping ...

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

Debugging a C++ dll from LabVIEW
Hello all, &nbsp; What I want to get a feel for is how easy it is to set up the ability to debug code both in labVIEW AND in a C++&nbsp;compiler, say Visual Studio. &nbsp; If we have a situation where we have a c++ dll which we are accessing from labVIEW is it possible to attach the process so that you can set breakpoints in both environments. Hence run labVIEW app and when dll gets called hit a Visual Studio breakpoint? &nbsp; This is a new area to me and I have not found anything regarding debugging. Any comments would be appreciated. &nbsp; Regards &nbsp; Kevin Hi, &nbsp; you don't say whether you're actually using Visual Studio, or if it's .net or borland or something enirely different, but the principal holds for all that allow external debugging capability. You need to set labview.exe as the external process to run for your dll project, and then load up the .vi in labview that calls it. You then have the debugging features of LabVIEW (since you're in that environment) and when LabVIEW calls the DLL (must be made debuggable), the c++ environment is effectively running LabVIEW in it's memory space, so it will honour all the breakpoints in the c++ project code as they get called. For Visual Studio 6.0 c++, have a look here : <a href="http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms164704.aspx" target="_blank">http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms164704.aspx</a> and here ...

how to create a feedback control system in labview with an integration block?
Hallo, &nbsp; I design a model of a simple mechanic system composed by one damper, one mass and one spring. I would simulate a free response of this mechanic system, but I don't be able to integrate the mechanic state in Labview. Seeming that the integration block in LabView produce a wrong answer. &nbsp; I've attached this model create in Labview 8.2.1. &nbsp; Thanks in Advance &nbsp; Michele Sistema dinamico6.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/272726/1/Sistema dinamico6.vi ...

Re: Possible bug in Labview Tree Control Example
Hi Bob, This was reported to R&amp;D (# 4FPH02TM) for further investigation. I also found&nbsp;it to be a strange way to write that example. Thank you for your feedback as we appreciate it in helping make our products better. ...

Creating opaque user-defined types in Sybase
I know Sybase has the ability to create new types based on existing ones, where extra domain constraints are included, but is it possible to create a completely new data type, along with new user defined functions and routines? e.g., the spatial data types available in Informix, postgreSQL, Oracle, DB2? I am interested in creating a new data type, stored in blobs, with user-defined routines for extracting data, inserting data, etc. in particular ways. I am using Sybase ASE 12.5.3 Thanks! Mike DW Yes. There are two ways - one is to use the server-side Java feature to create a Java class with methods, etc. The other (older) solution is something called a "specialty data store" which is essentially an open server application tied in to ASE. The full-text search engine is an example. Spatial query and time-series data stores have also been developed in the past. The Java feature is probably the way to go. -bret mike@barrodale.com wrote: > I know Sybase has the ability to create new types based on existing > ones, where extra domain constraints are included, but is it possible > to create a completely new data type, along with new user defined > functions and routines? e.g., the spatial data types available in > Informix, postgreSQL, Oracle, DB2? > > I am interested in creating a new data type, stored in blobs, with > user-defined routines for extracting data, inserting data, etc. in > particul...

#defines in LabVIEW
In the proces of converting a piece of C++ - code into LabVIEW (6.1) I ran into a problem: The C++ code contains a lot of "#define" variables which I have to use. In the LabVIEW program I want to use the variable-name in stead of its numeric value to improve the readability of the LabVIEW code.. I was thinking of using an enumerated list of variable-names , problem is that the value corresponding with the variable-name cannot be set , it is always equal to the item-number of the variable-name in the enumarated list. Does anyone have an idea how to use these variable-names in a user-...

How can I call a MSSQL Server user defined function with Labview
I am using the Database connectivity toolset. When I call stored procedures it works fine, but when I try a function, an error occures which says that this is a function not a procedure. But I could not find any documentation how to call a function. Hello, have a look at this example: http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=B45EACE3E55556A4E034080020E74861&p_node=DZ52093&p_source=External This example includes function-calls. Regards Michael Sallaberger ...

How to easily control multiple controls in labview
How can I easily control multiple controls with a single write to in Labview? For instance, I need to update 50 different boolean indicators. When I update them one at a time I use a cntrl refrence in my event structure, but outside of an event structure how can I easily cycle through them and update without making 50 local variables if I need to do them all at once? Why don't you use an array of boolean indicators? Have a look at the example attached <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;view=by_date_ascending&amp;message.id=204328#M204328" target="_blank">here</a>, which can also be applied to this. You should usually avoid updating the value of a control from more than one place, though (unless it's something like initialization, where you can guarantee not having race conditions). Other alternatives: using an array of booleans or using the picture control to create the image. The way i use these booleans in my UI, I had to make them separate so I could arrange them in a user friendly way. And yes this is just for initialization so they won't be getting updated in two places at once. ...

Re: Possible bug in Labview Tree Control Example #2
Bob, Can you please upload the SubVI Init_Open_Close.vi here? It is missing when I tried to open the tree Enhancements.vi. :smileysad: Partha, Init_Open_Close.vi can be found in the folder "labview/examples/general/controls/Tree Control Directory.llb" ...

Re: LabVIEW and LabVIEW RT?
Hello Iman, I will try to illustrate it with an example since it all will depend on the type of application you would like to implement. Let's say you would like to implement an application where you log data, maybe exchange data with databases and you acquire a bunch of data points at a time not performing any type of control and where high determinism is&nbsp;not needed. In this case LabVIEW for Windows work great. If you on the other hand would like to implement a closed-loop application where you need high determinism and reliability and will acquire data point by point you would use LabVIEW RT which is an add-on to LabVIEW. I.e. you need LabVIEW + LabVIEW RT when developing an RT application. ...

If i have a labview .vi file(and labview) but i want to open it in a computer that doesn't have labview, how would i do it??
Okay, i have a made a labview program and save it as.vi. &nbsp; Let's say that it is a program that when opened and you hit run it shows a sine wave. &nbsp; Now if i wanted to open up the program without Labview, ( i don't need to modify it) on a computer that doesn't have labview. How would i go about doing this?? &nbsp; Thanks, K ...

Accessing Signal Express Sweep parameters from User-Defined Step (LabVIEW)
Hi, &nbsp; I'm a newbie to SignalExpress and just trying to set up a small demo. In order to implement a customized result logging, I need to have access to the parameters of a sweep "loop". I haven't managed to configure them as inputs for the LabVIEW module. (Yes, if've put it into the loop :smileywink:) &nbsp; Is it possible at all? &nbsp; Cheers &nbsp; Oli Hi Honsel, I'm using SignalExpress 1.1.1 and LabVIEW 7.1. Got it working in the meantime... it seems that for the first few tries, the LabVIEW Adapter of Signal Express "ignored" the sweep parameters. After several tries, its working.... Anyway, thanks for your answer! Cheers Oli &nbsp; ...

Web resources about - is it possible to create user defined control in labview - comp.lang.labview

Hillary Clinton Is Fundamentally Honest and Trustworthy.
As we all know, millennials don't care much for Hillary Clinton. That's OK. I'm on the other side of that particular fence, but there's plenty ...

Louisiana Drafting Order To Rescind Anti-Gay Measure In Wake Of Georgia Veto
The press secretary for Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards said today that the governor will soon rescind an executive order signed last May by ...

Man shot by police after drawing gun at US Capitol
Xinhua Man shot by police after drawing gun at US Capitol Xinhua Police stand guard outside the White House in Washington D.C., capital of ...

Watch us unbox and poke around the Oculus Rift for the first time
After years of build up and pre-release developer kits, the first deliveries of the consumer version of the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset ...

Ben Affleck Is Working on “Something” (Probably That Batman Solo Movie) With DC’s Geoff Johns
Last summer — close to a year before Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice hit theaters — word got around that Ben Affleck would star in and direct ...

Remains of the Day: Apple Fixes iOS 9.3 Activation Bug on Older Devices
People are in a tizzy over Instagram’s timeline change that hasn’t even happened yet, but I, for one, welcome the algorithmic overlords to feed ...

IDG Contributor Network: The FBI and Apple Encryption Battle is Over, Now the True Debate Begins
The U.S. Government announced today that investigators found a way to hack into the iPhone used by the San Bernardino terrorist late last year. ...

Woman Arrested for Trying to Move Barrier at White House Easter Egg Roll
A woman was arrested at the White House Easter Egg Roll for trying to move a temporary security barrier on Monday. According to a statement ...

NY Lawmakers 'Acknowledge' California as Their Budget Talks Continue
Wall Street Journal NY Lawmakers 'Acknowledge' California as Their Budget Talks Continue Wall Street Journal ALBANY—New York lawmakers were ...

Pandora shares plunge as cofounder returns as CEO
Shares of Pandora plunged Monday as news that co-founder Tim Westergren was returning as chief executive failed to ignite confidence in the group's ...