Labview 7.1 and Matlab 7.4

We had a vi working with Labview 7.1 : Unfortunately University upgraded the common version of Matlab to 7.4(R2007a) from 7.2 - and - the vi stopped working - no error messages while running the vi.
1. does Labview 7.1 support Matlab 7.4.0
2. Is there any patch DLL etc to resolve the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Mankind
0
x9561 (148439)

Ian,
Some More news. I had more interaction with our computer centre and they have sent me an OSD file, which while opening with notepad looks something like Javascript.
When running that script, I got my Labview to communicate with the Matlab server - as he explains -
it launches the local copy of Labview within the SoftGrid environment and that would allow it to interact with Matlab.
I can send the OSD file to you. The only problem is while in the middle of the analysis, it crashes sometimes because it forces Matlab to open too.
I am in touch with computer centre to resolve the problem.
Cheers,

Mankind
0
x9561 (148439)

Is LabVIEW 7.1 Aug2005 identical to LabView 7.1 May2005?
I am attempting to have a coworker at a remote site set up their PC with the exact same software as one that I have here.  I used the August 2005 CDs from Developer Suite.  My coworker tells me that he has the TestStand 3.1, and the Device Driver CDs from the Aug2005 Dev Suite shipment, but he can only find LabView 7.1 from the May2005 delivery.   I would like to safely assume that LabView 7.1 is LabView 7.1, regardless of whether it was shipped in May or August, but it is really important to me to make absolutely sure that we end up with the same software v...

LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7
LabView 7.1 hangs when I try to send variable to MATLAB 7 workspace using standart LabView to MATLAB script. Nothing appears in MATLAB 7 workspace. When I tried to run the MATLAB Script-Fractal.vi (MATLAB script node has only outputs) from examples directory - everything work fine. When I run the MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi from examples - error message appears:"Error 1047 occurred at LabVIEW: LabVIEW failed to send variable to the script server. Server:"Inappropriate input array size" in MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi". Using LabView 7.1 with previous version of ...

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

Re: LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7 #2
And I'm sorry that the link I posted 1.5 years ago didn't survive the discussion forum migration. &nbsp; But I will say that the 7.1.1 maintenance release included all fixes for LabVIEW 7.1, including some with the MATLAB script node.&nbsp; This is a free download avaliable here: &nbsp; <a href="http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/369618104E25B08E86256F54006A4E2F?Opendocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/369618104E25B08E86256F54006A4E2F?Opendocument</a> &nbsp; The KB entry Kileen linked above has m...

Re: LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7 #3
LabVIEW 7.1.1 was released around December of 2004, however, if you purchased a new seat of LabVIEW in March 2005, you still would have only received LabVIEW 7.1.&nbsp; The 7.1.1&nbsp;maintenance release&nbsp;was distributed only as a downloadable update to LabVIEW 7.1, not as a full product installer. You can verify which version of LabVIEW you have by selecting "About LabVIEW..." from the Help menu in LabVIEW.&nbsp; Near the lower-right corner of the window that comes up it should show you the version number, i.e. 7.1 or 7.1.1.Message Edited by Jeff B on 04-20-2006 ...

Problem in creating the simulation dll using SIT 2.0.3,matlab 7.1,labview 7.1
I am currently using SIT 2.0.3 ,using this toolkit i am trying to create the simulation DLL for labview.but i am getting the following error in matlab command window Error: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 7Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 25The == and != operators can only be used to compare values of the same typeError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 260 Column: 26Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 260 Column: 44The == and != operators can only be used to compare values of the same type &nbsp; Is this a version problem? I am using Simulation interface toolkit 2.0.3 Matlab 7.1.0.246(R14) Service pack Real time workshop V.6.3 Labview 7.1 Microsoft visual C++ 6.0 &nbsp; Can anybody help me to solve this issue. &nbsp; Hi, Unfortunately, it looks like the versions you are using are indeed not compatible. Here is an excerpt from the <a href="http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/labview/labview_toolkits/simulation_interface/2.0.3/sit_2_0_3_readme.html" target="_blank">Read Me file</a> for Simulation Interface Toolkit 2.0.3: To use the Simulation Interface Toolkit 2.0.3, you must be a properly licensed user of and have the following software installed on the host computer. - The MathWorks MATLAB ver...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #4
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

LabVIEW RTE 7 does not work on Linux with Mozilla (1.7) or Netscape (7.2)
LabVIEW RTE 7 does not work on Linux (Mandrake 10.1 or Knoppix 3.7) with Mozilla (1.7) or Netscape (7.2). We tried everything described in <http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RNAME=ViewQuestion&HOID=506500000008000000EFBC0000&ECategory=LabVIEW.LabVIEW+General> copying plugins, but always the gray window on Mandrake or error setting up plugin on Knoppix. We are trying to drive remote applications on your web site with Linux (if possible) to decide about purchasing LabVIEW for Linux. Is there a demo version for Linux we could try? Apparently, LabVIEW fo...

Can I run a LabVIEW 7.1 Application on a system with LabVIEW 6.1?
The VI App did not run properly, even after I installed the LabVIEW 7.1 Run time engine. Perhpas I need to uninstall the LV 6.1 run time engine? Thank you for any suggestions; perhaps it's something minor that I'm overlooking! Are you talking about a 7.1 exe or VI? An executable will run with 6.1 installed and the 7.1 run-time. A 7.1 VI will only run with 7.1 development system. When you say it did not run properly, what exactly do you mean? I am referring to trying to run a 7.1 EXE application on a system with a resident 6.1 development environment, and the 7.1 run-time engine ins...

convert Labview 7.1 to 7.0 for me
COuld someone please convert this VI to Labview 7.0 for me? &nbsp; Open the VI Click File &gt; Save with Options CLick radio button 'Save for Previous' Select 7.0 from drop down list... Be my hero!!! &nbsp; &nbsp; AlicatRead.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/144047/1/AlicatRead.zip Here you go. It doesn't convert stuff in the vi.lib &nbsp; P.M. AlicatRead 7_0.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/144049/1/AlicatRead 7_0.zip Hello, I need somebody to convert this file from 7.1 to 7.0 for me, I could not find where to download a 7.0 evalu...

Converting LabView 4 vi. to LabView 7 vi.
I have a collection of programs written in LabView 4. I upgraded to LabView 7 recently. I am now trying to open my old 4 vi's with no luck. No block diagram is the error that I'm getting. Any ideas on converting would be greatly appreciated. Chris Without a block diagram, you cannot open a VI in a newer version because the block diagram is required for the recompile. The only way to upgrade is to find the original VIs with the source code. No one, NI included, can recover a block diagram once it has been deleted. Chris Merriman wrote: > I have a collection of programs written...

Co-existing Labview 7.0 and 7.1
I have Labview 7.0 running on a Windows 98 OS. There are VIs written in this environment that I do not want to lose. Can I install Labview 7.1 while keeping the Labivew 7.0 as is? Later, if my existing programs still work OK (i.e. if I do not detect any forward compatibility issues), then I might uninstall 7.0. Thanks in advance. Absolutely. &nbsp; You can have many co-existing versions happily residing on the same PC. &nbsp; I forgot to mention one thing.&nbsp; You simply have to be careful not to open a VI created by an older version with a newer version of LV because it will save it in the newer version.&nbsp; Unless yo do want to bring up the version of the vi. In other words, if you have a VI created in LV 7.0 and you have multiple versions installed; then you wish to open the LV7.0 vi but keep it as a LV7.0 vi; right click and use Open With and select LV7.0.&nbsp; You can open it with any newer version as long as you do not save it because it will save it to that newer version.&nbsp; However, opening it with LV7.0 and saving it will preserve it to LV7.0. Other suggestion:&nbsp; keep a backup copy of your work ;) RayR Heed Ray's warning.&nbsp; When you go to open a VI in LV7.1, it WILL NOT warn you that the VI was created in 7.0.&nbsp; It is easy to forget which version you wanted to maintain an application in if you have a need to maintain&nbsp; them in the original versions. 7.1 will not run on Windows 98. Good catch ts...

Controlling VI Logger 1.1.1 with LabVIEW 7.1
I have LabVIEW 7.1 on my system and installed VI Logger (1.1 them upgraded to 1.1.1). I would like to programatically control VI Logger with LabVIEW. There are references to VIs under the Advanced pallate to do just that, but I cannot find them or any help files to explain what to do. Where do I find these VIs? ...

How can you simple install the LabVIEW Toolboxes with LabVIEW 7.1
Hello, yesterday was a nice day, I have receved the NI Developer Suite Professional Control Edition with the new LabVIEW 7.1, RT 7.1, DSC 7.1 etc. I still use Labview 7.0 (Developer Suite Professional Control Edition) Unfortunately I can't install the Toolboxes from the toolbox cd into the right directory! Always when I try to install a toolbox, it will be installed into the LabVIEW 7.0 directory. It is not possible to change the directory (exeption: SPC-Toolbox) Even if you change the name of your LabVIEW 7.0 Directory, the toolbox produce a new folder LabVIEW 7.0 and is getting instaled ...

Trying to use Labview Test Executive with Labview 7.1
I have an old application I wrote in Labview 5.1 using the Test Executive version 5.1.&nbsp; I now need to modify the program slightly for a new product. So far I have done the following: 1. Installed the Test Executive in the Labview 7.1 directory 2. Mass compiled the vi's in the LVEXEC51 folder &nbsp; During the mass compile, I see a number of errors when it tries to compile the vi's in the DATABASE folder. It can't seem to find vi's related to SQL (ie Easy SQL.vi). When I try to run the Test Executive directly from the Operator.llb, I see the following errors: &n...

Giving away: Unixware 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 media, SDK and updates
I'm cleaning-up and need to give away or throw-out all my unixware media: 7.1.0 - 7.1.3, the software development kit and updates. I've already sold-off the licenses so this is the media only! Please respond to ftarz@mindspring.com if you are interested. You pay the shipping of your choice. ...

Include Matlab DLL in LabVIEW 7.1
Hello LabVIEW experts, i want to include a matlab m-file created dll. This dll is build as c-mex s-function and also as stand alone application. In LabVIEW&nbsp;I used the call libary function&nbsp;with the following configurations:&nbsp; Function name: mexFunction calling conventions: C Parameter: all inports 8-byte Double and reentrant. I have connected all in- and outputs and afterwards I tried to run the programm. The programm doesn't run and following error message occurred. &nbsp; &nbsp; errror message.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/147690/1/errror...

Labview 7.1.1 Errors
I am using the version 7.1.1 of LV and LV RT, i am programming a cFP-2020. &nbsp; &nbsp; Labview&nbsp;keeps crashing and losing the connection with the remote target (cFP), i am attaching a file containing all the error logs generated by LV, i never got this problem with earlier versions of LV i think this may be some kind of bug plase let me know how can i fix it. &nbsp; By the way my PC is a PIV @3 GHZ , 1 GB of RAM running WinXP SP2 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

LabView 7.1.1 + DAQMX
I want to know Wheter I can use task created using DAQMX using LabVIEW 7.1.1 can be inovked either by VB.net or VB6 if yes than how:) Secondly How can i used the traditional DAQ with VB.net or VB6, It would be&nbsp; helpful if any body can provide some info or weblink on this topic. Regards Nadeem <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=327317" target="_blank">duplicate post</a> ...

Why multihreaded soft worked under Labview 7 but is slower under Labview 8.2.1
Hello all ! &nbsp; I have a multithreated software developped under Labview 7.0. Under this version, multithreading can be enabled/disabled via the&nbsp;options menu&nbsp;/ performance &amp; disk section. This is not present under Labview 8.2.1. &nbsp; My software works properly under LW7 but is slower under LW8.2.1...how can I configure labview and or my vi&nbsp;to make it running as well as&nbsp;under LW7 ??? Is there a "hidden" option to enable/disable multithreading under LW8.2.1 ?&nbsp; &nbsp; Thank you for your help &nbsp; remi To disable multithreading, add ESys.StdNParallel=0 to the ini file. (See: <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/2F606AD236C606008625718E00561A62?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/2F606AD236C606008625718E00561A62?OpenDocument</a>) However, it is not celar that this is the problem. Did you save the entire hierachy under 8.2.1 after conversion (of course after making sutable backup copines of the 7.0 version ;)). Freshly converted, but not yet saved code runs typically much slower. Also, what do you mean by "slower" 10% slower, 10x slower? How do you measure speed? Thanks for your quick answer altenbach. The tips given at this link will really be useful to me! It seems that I made a wrong conversion of the files...fortunately I made suitable backup of the 7.0 version :smileywink:. I will investigate mor...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #3
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #2
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Matlab R13 vs Labview v 7.1
Hello guys I have some problems solved previously with MATLAB need to be solved with labview using the new Control Design Toolbox. A really simple problem appeared while using the Transfer function to State space model conversion VI because the results appear totally different from those in matlab. The main problem is when u use SS to TF VI and feed it back to TF to SS VI u don't get the same result. I examined the SS to TF VI and i think the problem is cause with a stability matrix T where it is multiplied to the matrices A,B,C and D which are correctly computed in the first step of ...

Would a LabVIEW 8.5 Executable play nice with LabVIEW 7.1 Development on the Same System?
Our testing computer right now just has the user&nbsp;run the corresponding .vi file since we have LabVIEW 7.1 installed on the computer. &nbsp; If I use 8.5 to compile this .vi to an executable, I realize that I must install the run-time support for 8.5.&nbsp; My question is what effect will installing the 8.5 run-time have on the ability to continue to run the other 7.1 VIs with LabVIEW 7.1.&nbsp; &nbsp; Should I be concerned with losing MAX settings when installing the run-time support for 8.5? I want to be able to run 8.5 executables but also able to open up a 7.1 .vi file in LabVIEW 7.1 and run it that way also. &nbsp; Thanks for your help! I have 8.5 on my system and the idea is to slowly replace the running of the .vi files with .exe files, I was just curious in case my .exe doesn't work I can still run the tests with .vi in the mean time. &nbsp; Thanks for your help folks! &nbsp; ...

Web resources about - Labview 7.1 and Matlab 7.4 - comp.lang.labview

LabVIEW - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LabVIEW (short for Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench) is a system-design platform and development environment for a visual ...

LabVIEW - Geekosystem
Don we now our gay apparel, and why shouldn’t that apparel be primarily composed of Christmas lights synchronized to flash with music ? Andy ...

National Instruments - LinkedIn
Welcome to the company profile of National Instruments on LinkedIn. It's not what we make. It's what we make possible. National Instruments is ...

Products / Home - g.tec - Guger Technologies
g.tec medical and electrical engineering produces biosignal amplifiers, data acquisition systems, real-time processing systems and EEG Processing ...

School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering - Computing Facilities
In particular, we have technical interests in common with the other Engineering Schools (Chemical, Civil & Environmental, Mechanical and Computer ...

Handy Arduino Uno R3 Pinout Diagram

Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli
Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli

Testing Engineering Supervisor
Testing Engineering Supervisor job. Read the Testing Engineering Supervisor job description and find other Division 10 Personnel jobs at Monster. ...

Knowledge and Content Management: A Foundation for Business Success
Knowledge management and enterprise content management are increasingly at the center of a successful business strategy.