LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7

LabView 7.1 hangs when I try to send variable to MATLAB 7 workspace using
standart LabView to MATLAB script. Nothing appears in MATLAB 7 workspace.
When I tried to run the MATLAB Script-Fractal.vi (MATLAB script node has
only outputs) from examples directory - everything work fine. When I run the
MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi from examples - error message
appears:"Error 1047 occurred at LabVIEW:  LabVIEW failed to send variable to
the script server. Server:"Inappropriate input array size" in MATLAB
Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi". Using LabView 7.1 with previous version of
MATLAB (6.5) I have no problem running examples and my own LabView programs.
Could someone suggest me how to fix described problem?
Regards to All.

0
yakovlev1 (14)

Sergey Yakovlev wrote on 05 Aug 2004 16:48:26 MET:

> LabView 7.1 hangs when I try to send variable to MATLAB 7
> workspace using standart LabView to MATLAB script.
[...]
> "Error 1047 occurred at LabVIEW: LabVIEW failed to send
> variable to the script server. Server:"Inappropriate input
> array size" in MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi".

I'm having the same difficulties. The only mentioning of this I
found so far was this thread:

referring to this page:

<URL:http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/4475BC3CEB062C9586256D750058F14B?OpenDocument>

This didn't work for me though. I couldn't get the code working
with Matlab 6.5 (R13SP1) either :-(

Also appreciating any feedback,

Patrick
--
Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as
children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills

Hi all,

Matlab 7.0 (R14) does not work with LabVIEW at this point.  In the
past, a Matlab DLL update was all that was needed to fix communication
problems between LabVIEW and Matlab (<a
href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/4475BC3CEB062C9586256D750058F14B?OpenDocument">KB
300A6NDT</a>).  However, it seems that with Matlab 7.0 (R14),
Mathworks might have changed the way Matlab interfaces with ActiveX
Data Objects (ADOs).  Therefore, LabVIEW does not know how to
communicate with Matlab 7.0.

R&D is fully aware of the situation and is working on a fix.  Until
then, I would suggest rolling back to a previous version of Matlab
that was working with LabVIEW before upgrading to Matlab 7.0.

NI sincerely apologizes for this inconvenience, but we are working
diligently on resolving this issue.

Thank you again for contacting National Instruments.

Kileen C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0
x9561 (148439)
8/7/2004 6:39:58 PM
KileenC wrote on 07 Aug 2004 19:39:58 MET:

> Matlab 7.0 (R14) does not work with LabVIEW at this point.
[...]
> R&D is fully aware of the situation and is working on a fix.
> Until then, I would suggest rolling back to a previous version
> of Matlab that was working with LabVIEW before upgrading to
> Matlab 7.0.
[...]
> Kileen C.
> Applications Engineer
> National Instruments

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers

Patrick
--
Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with
themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

9/30/04
Thanks for Info.

where should i look to find the patch when it becomes available?

cu,
larryb
0
x9561 (148439)
8/30/2004 12:36:20 PM
In order to keep any further discussion on this topic in a single
location, please refer to <a
href="http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HOID=506500000008000000F4E80000&UCATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=0">this
thread</a> for more information.
0
x9561 (148439)

Is LabVIEW 7.1 Aug2005 identical to LabView 7.1 May2005?
I am attempting to have a coworker at a remote site set up their PC with the exact same software as one that I have here.&nbsp; I used the August 2005 CDs from Developer Suite.&nbsp; My coworker tells me that he has the TestStand 3.1, and the Device Driver CDs from the Aug2005 Dev Suite shipment, but he can only find LabView 7.1 from the May2005 delivery. &nbsp; I would like to safely&nbsp;assume that LabView 7.1 is LabView 7.1, regardless of whether it was shipped in May or August, but it is really important to me to make absolutely sure that we end up with the same software v...

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

Labview 7.1 and Matlab 7.4
We had a vi working with Labview 7.1 : Unfortunately University upgraded the common version of Matlab to 7.4(R2007a) from 7.2 - and - the vi stopped working - no error messages while running the vi. 1. does Labview 7.1 support Matlab 7.4.0 2. Is there any patch DLL etc to resolve the problem? &nbsp; Thanks for your help. &nbsp; Mankind Ian, Some More news. I had more interaction with our computer centre and they have sent me an OSD file, which while opening with notepad looks something like Javascript. When running that script, I got my Labview to communicate with the Matlab server -...

Re: LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7
Hiii, Keelin &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am sorry that i am replyin on this thread after so much time, but i want to know that, we are using LabVIEW 7.1 at this point of time and we have just started to work on LabIVEW 7.1 and MATLAB 7.0 communication,&nbsp; we have purchase the LabVIEW 7.1 in March 2005, so before that was this bug fixed or it is still there? Thanks, Nishant ...

Re: LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7 #2
And I'm sorry that the link I posted 1.5 years ago didn't survive the discussion forum migration. &nbsp; But I will say that the 7.1.1 maintenance release included all fixes for LabVIEW 7.1, including some with the MATLAB script node.&nbsp; This is a free download avaliable here: &nbsp; <a href="http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/369618104E25B08E86256F54006A4E2F?Opendocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/369618104E25B08E86256F54006A4E2F?Opendocument</a> &nbsp; The KB entry Kileen linked above has m...

Re: LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7 #3
LabVIEW 7.1.1 was released around December of 2004, however, if you purchased a new seat of LabVIEW in March 2005, you still would have only received LabVIEW 7.1.&nbsp; The 7.1.1&nbsp;maintenance release&nbsp;was distributed only as a downloadable update to LabVIEW 7.1, not as a full product installer. You can verify which version of LabVIEW you have by selecting "About LabVIEW..." from the Help menu in LabVIEW.&nbsp; Near the lower-right corner of the window that comes up it should show you the version number, i.e. 7.1 or 7.1.1.Message Edited by Jeff B on 04-20-2006 ...

Problem in creating the simulation dll using SIT 2.0.3,matlab 7.1,labview 7.1
I am currently using SIT 2.0.3 ,using this toolkit i am trying to create the simulation DLL for labview.but i am getting the following error in matlab command window Error: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 7Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 25The == and != operators can only be used to compare values of the same typeError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 260 Column: 26Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\Simulation...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #7
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

open file that created on LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES with LabVIEW 7.1 version
hi all, why i can't open file that open/modified LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES&nbsp;, in version&nbsp;&nbsp;LabVIEW 7.1 ? &nbsp; thank's all&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :) yes the file is *.vi&nbsp;.&nbsp;&nbsp;tha file contain blok diagram. the that i get is :ERROR.jpg (i even can't open file in this porum: <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=...

Labview 7.1 and Application builder 7.1
Hi, I'm trying to install brandnew LV 7.1 application builder to brandnew LabVIEW 7.1 and keep failing with that. Has anyone succeeded? Some magic tricks? Application builder seems to install allright but it is not found in tools menu. Applibs is in right place. Thanks in advance Eki Hi, sorry for bothering. Miracle is happened! Quite suddently application builder appeared in tools directory without rebooting or something. It took only it's time, a couple of hours. I'm so glad. Regards Eki "Eki" <e.jarvinen@kolumbus.fi> wrote in message news:c97s8n$dpc$1@phys-...

How do I upgrade my VIs from LabVIEW 3.1 to LabVIEW 7.1
&nbsp; Hello, &nbsp; I have&nbsp;met a well known problem. I have to re-use some VIs from old version of LabView (3.1) to newer. &nbsp; Every bit of documention I have found speaks about LabVIEW VI Conversion Kit,&nbsp;with this given part number 776874-03.&nbsp; But I can not get it. &nbsp; Is there somebody to give me a solution? I am working with Windows XP &amp; LabView 7.1. &nbsp; Thank you. &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

Converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1
Can anyone help me converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1 &nbsp; Format date/time i 5.1 does not support weeks in new millenium &nbsp; In LabView 5.1 i get that the first week in 2006 i week 52. But the format date/time in LabView 7.1 works fine. week.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/159626/1/week.vi Am I right in understanding you want to convert to a version whioch does NOT work properly? I can't do it, but I'm sure someone will. However, bear in mind that some functions are not available in LV 5.1 which are in 7.1.&nbsp; I can't open y...

LabVIEW RTE 7 does not work on Linux with Mozilla (1.7) or Netscape (7.2)
LabVIEW RTE 7 does not work on Linux (Mandrake 10.1 or Knoppix 3.7) with Mozilla (1.7) or Netscape (7.2). We tried everything described in <http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RNAME=ViewQuestion&HOID=506500000008000000EFBC0000&ECategory=LabVIEW.LabVIEW+General> copying plugins, but always the gray window on Mandrake or error setting up plugin on Knoppix. We are trying to drive remote applications on your web site with Linux (if possible) to decide about purchasing LabVIEW for Linux. Is there a demo version for Linux we could try? Apparently, LabVIEW fo...

ActiveX error -2147023149 in LabVIEW 7.1 but not LabVIEW 6.1
This is an interesting problem. There is a Tektronics ActiveX control for a TLA700 that works flawlessly in LabVIEW 6.1. An upgrade was made to LabVIEW 7.1 and when simple calls are made to this ActiveX component it throws the error "-2147023149". On google I found: -2147023149 == "The authentication service is unknown." A final note is VB and VC++ have no trouble using this control on the same machine. I have searched every possible resource availible and am getting no where on pin pointing where this error could be coming from. Anyone have any ideas or even seen th...

Web resources about - LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7 - comp.lang.labview

LabVIEW - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LabVIEW (short for Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench) is a system-design platform and development environment for a visual ...

LabVIEW - Geekosystem
Don we now our gay apparel, and why shouldn’t that apparel be primarily composed of Christmas lights synchronized to flash with music ? Andy ...

National Instruments - LinkedIn
Welcome to the company profile of National Instruments on LinkedIn. It's not what we make. It's what we make possible. National Instruments is ...

Products / Home - g.tec - Guger Technologies
g.tec medical and electrical engineering produces biosignal amplifiers, data acquisition systems, real-time processing systems and EEG Processing ...

School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering - Computing Facilities
In particular, we have technical interests in common with the other Engineering Schools (Chemical, Civil & Environmental, Mechanical and Computer ...

Handy Arduino Uno R3 Pinout Diagram

Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli
Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli

Testing Engineering Supervisor
Testing Engineering Supervisor job. Read the Testing Engineering Supervisor job description and find other Division 10 Personnel jobs at Monster. ...

Knowledge and Content Management: A Foundation for Business Success
Knowledge management and enterprise content management are increasingly at the center of a successful business strategy.