Labview 7.1.1 Errors

I am using the version 7.1.1 of LV and LV RT, i am programming a cFP-2020.

Labview keeps crashing and losing the connection with the remote target (cFP), i am attaching a file containing all the error logs generated by LV, i never got this problem with earlier versions of LV i think this may be some kind of bug plase let me know how can i fix it.

By the way my PC is a PIV @3 GHZ , 1 GB of RAM running WinXP SP2

0
x9561 (148439)

Is LabVIEW 7.1 Aug2005 identical to LabView 7.1 May2005?
I am attempting to have a coworker at a remote site set up their PC with the exact same software as one that I have here.  I used the August 2005 CDs from Developer Suite.  My coworker tells me that he has the TestStand 3.1, and the Device Driver CDs from the Aug2005 Dev Suite shipment, but he can only find LabView 7.1 from the May2005 delivery.   I would like to safely assume that LabView 7.1 is LabView 7.1, regardless of whether it was shipped in May or August, but it is really important to me to make absolutely sure that we end up with the same software versions.  So I was hoping somebody could confirm that the May and August CDs (Dev Suite, 2005) contain the exact same LabView software version.   I noticed that there were 3 LabView 7.x version selections for submitting this issue;  7.0    7.1    and    7.1.1   I set up my PC using Aug2005 CDs and my LabView splash screen shows "7.1".  Can I assume that if I had version 7.1.1 that I would see "7.1.1" on the splash screen?  (Many pieces of software do not show the 2nd decimal point or anything past it on their splash screen.  The Help | About selection for LabView just ends up showing the splash screen again.)   My Aug2005 CD shows "7.1" printed on it.  Can I assume that my LabView CD would have &quo...

Controlling VI Logger 1.1.1 with LabVIEW 7.1
I have LabVIEW 7.1 on my system and installed VI Logger (1.1 them upgraded to 1.1.1). I would like to programatically control VI Logger with LabVIEW. There are references to VIs under the Advanced pallate to do just that, but I cannot find them or any help files to explain what to do. Where do I find these VIs? ...

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

Converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1
Can anyone help me converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1   Format date/time i 5.1 does not support weeks in new millenium   In LabView 5.1 i get that the first week in 2006 i week 52. But the format date/time in LabView 7.1 works fine. week.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/159626/1/week.vi Am I right in understanding you want to convert to a version whioch does NOT work properly? I can't do it, but I'm sure someone will. However, bear in mind that some functions are not available in LV 5.1 which are in 7.1.  I can't open your VI, so I don't actually know what's in your VI. May I ask why you want to convert to a non-working version? Shane. I want to convert because some of our test are still running on LV5.1 We have encountered the problem with extracting the week number from the Windows time. My new VI i made the same way i LV 7.1 as it was i LV 5.1, but the function Format date/time string works in LV 7.1 I use the component Get Date/Time In Seconds and Format Date/Time Strint with format date/time string %W That is correct. It works in LV 7.1 but not in LV 5.1 mme@develco.dk wrote:Can anyone help me converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1   Format date/time i 5.1 does not support weeks in new millenium   In LabView 5.1 i get that the first week in 2006 i week 52. But the format date/time in LabView 7.1 works fine.I'm not sure what you are talking abou...

How do I upgrade my VIs from LabVIEW 3.1 to LabVIEW 7.1
  Hello,   I have met a well known problem. I have to re-use some VIs from old version of LabView (3.1) to newer.   Every bit of documention I have found speaks about LabVIEW VI Conversion Kit, with this given part number 776874-03.  But I can not get it.   Is there somebody to give me a solution? I am working with Windows XP & LabView 7.1.   Thank you.     ...

Can I run a LabVIEW 7.1 Application on a system with LabVIEW 6.1?
The VI App did not run properly, even after I installed the LabVIEW 7.1 Run time engine. Perhpas I need to uninstall the LV 6.1 run time engine? Thank you for any suggestions; perhaps it's something minor that I'm overlooking! Are you talking about a 7.1 exe or VI? An executable will run with 6.1 installed and the 7.1 run-time. A 7.1 VI will only run with 7.1 development system. When you say it did not run properly, what exactly do you mean? I am referring to trying to run a 7.1 EXE application on a system with a resident 6.1 development environment, and the 7.1 run-time engine ins...

LabVIEW 7.1.1 Executable Installer Won't Work When LabVIEW 8.0 Is Installed
I have a LabVIEW 7.1.1 application that I built into an executable.  The executable runs fine on the machine I built it on, but if I run the installer it gives me error 1722.  The installer launches another executable that is contained within the build, and it seems that it is when the installer gets to that part that it crashes.  The executable shows up in the right place, as if the installer completed successfully, and it executes fine.  On machines that do not have LabVIEW 8.0 installed on them the installer runs without crashing and it properly runs the executable that it is supposed to run during installation.  On every machine that I have tried the installer on that has LabVIEW 8.0 it crashes.  Has anyone else seen this problem? Thanks, David R. Asher I made up a simple example, but it works...  The software that I am having the problem with contains about 1500 VIs and is proprietary, so I can't post it.  Luckily the issue with it not working on computers with LabVIEW 8 isn't an issue for the customer. Thanks, David R. Asher ...

Test Stand 3.1, Labview 7.1 MechFactoryCWrap.cpp(649) error
Hi all, I am having some issues with an error and I can't track it down to the problem as of yet. What is happening is after a couple of cycle of opening TestStand and closing it with a few VIs loading in the background all of the 3D controls vanish and TestStand locks up. The warning message I get is something to do with MechFactoryCWrap and sometimes render.cpp with the error pointing to OpenGL. &nbsp; Below&nbsp;is a snippet from the failure log. &nbsp; D:\lvmerc\src\source\execsupp\MechFactoryCWrap.cpp(649) : DWarn: Max space cannot be zero; changing to -1 (unbounded)$Id: //labview/branches/Mercury/dev/source/execsupp/MechFactoryCWrap.cpp#3 $0x00A35B37 - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A346F5 - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A3688C - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A349A3 - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A3565C - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x06993BD3 - &lt;unknown&gt; &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x06911A50 - &lt;unknown&gt; &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x00A09110 - LabVIEW &lt;unknown&gt; + 00x8B535CEC - &lt;unknown&gt; &lt;unknown&gt; + 0 &nbsp; Any help would be appreciated. Dean &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hi Dean, &nbsp; This failure is linked to LabVIEW 7.1. This was reported to R&amp;D (4APEN0XP) and was fixed in LabVIEW 8.2. &nbsp; If you would like to evaluate LabVIEW 8.5, please follow the link below: <a href="https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/lve...

LabVIEW 6.1 VI calling a DLL compiled in 7.1, Mem error/crash
Hi Folks, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I need to distribute some code in a (LabVIEW) DLL, but a bug in LabVIEW 6.1&nbsp;prevents me from distributing the 6.1 DLL so I'm compiling it under 7.1.&nbsp; It then works great when called by a 7.1 VI, but&nbsp;calling it from 6.1 produces the dreaded " Fatal Internal Error : "memory.cpp", line 638 LabVIEW version 7.1 ".:smileymad: &nbsp; Most of the applications here are in 6.1, upgrading working programs to 7.1 or 8.0 is not realistic. Any insight - especially&nbsp;know&nbsp;incompatabilities between 6.1 and 7.1 -&nbsp;would be greatly appreciated - I could use a work-around. &nbsp; Thanks! :smileyhappy: &nbsp; (a bit more detail...) The bug in 6.1 is that neither the "GetRows" or "GetString" ADODB.RecordSet methods correctly return "null" values. I don't think it would be "Kosher" to post the code, but&nbsp;here's a bit more specific info related to DLL parameter-types: INPUTS (Qty, Descript, Type, DataFormat 2, Clusters, AdaptToType, HandlesByValue 1,&nbsp;Enum, Numeric(U16),Value 1, ArrayOfClusters, AdaptToType,PointersToHandles OUTPUTS 2, Clusters, AdaptToType, HandlesByValue 2,&nbsp;ArrayOfClusters, AdaptToType,PointersToHandles Follow-up in case anyone has to deal with similar issue... Problem seemed to be with string conversions in&nbsp;return-clusters.&nbsp;&nbsp;Looks...

LabView 7.1.1 + DAQMX
I want to know Wheter I can use task created using DAQMX using LabVIEW 7.1.1 can be inovked either by VB.net or VB6 if yes than how:) Secondly How can i used the traditional DAQ with VB.net or VB6, It would be&nbsp; helpful if any body can provide some info or weblink on this topic. Regards Nadeem <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=327317" target="_blank">duplicate post</a> ...

Error 1334 (in LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.1.1 setup) when launching VB6's IDE
What's going on here?&nbsp; I have LabVIEW 7.0 and Visual Basic 6 installed on this Win-XP computer.&nbsp; When I open VB6, I always get what looks like a Windows Installer error: First, it asked me for the location of "lvruntimeeng.msi", which I located for it.&nbsp; The next progress-window says: &nbsp; ---------------------------------------------- NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.11 ---------------------------------------------- Please wait while Windows configures NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.11 ---------------------------------------------- &nbsp; Finally it fails with this error-message window: &nbsp; ---------------------------------------------- NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.11 ---------------------------------------------- Error 1334.&nbsp; The file 'NIMDFManifestFileId.53736431_DBEC_4582_B072_2F1F0A2C4EA6' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'lbruntimeeng_mft'.&nbsp; This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package. [OK] ---------------------------------------------- &nbsp; The two windows repeat twice each time I launch VB6's IDE, and that causes a long delay.&nbsp; What can I do to prevent this error? &nbsp;Message Edited by citizenDAK on 04-23-2008 01:34 PM citizenDAK, When did this problem start happening? Does it happen everytime you try to open VB6? Did anything change from the time this started ha...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #7
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win2k and Labview 5.0; on the new machine we planned to use WinXP Pro and Labview 7.1. The acquisition part of the VI uses 2 CINs. One is used to configure the FPGA on the Multifunctions board at initialization. The second CIN reads he buffers received from the board and puts them into the shape of an image. &nbsp; Now since we tried in WinXP Pro and Labview 7.1, we get some kind of weird bugs. Either there is a big problem concerning the synchronization of the mirros with the acquisition or with the image reconstruction. We have already tried : &nbsp; 1. Putting everything back into the old machine to verify there has not been any damage to the boards. OK 2. Using the boards in the new machine but with Win2000 and Labiew 5.0, just to be sure that there are no conflicting elements in the hardware. OK &nbsp; As we wanted to check everything slowly but surely we then installed LV ...

labview 7.1.1 rt application slows system clock by 1 second evry 25
Hi, I have an application that I'm trying to run on Dell 620 laptops.It's running under Labview 7.1.1 RT and comunicates to a field point 1001 485 network module every 125 ms. via a NI ENET to RS 485 converter.&nbsp;My problem is that when the application is not running the laptop system clockis fine. But, whenever I run the application, the system clockslows so that it loses about 1 second out of every 20.The problem is repeatable between 2 different machines, and does notseem to be related to antivirus (disabled), firewall (disabled), cpu loading(cpu use is less than 10%) , ram or video (one machine has onboard video,the other has a video card).Any ideas?thanx:-&gt;tb Hi Terry, This level of fluctuation of the internal clock is unexpected, so I would like to get some more information about the system: - How are you controlling the timing on the host machine (i.e. timed loops,&nbsp;specific wait functions, etc)? - How are you communicating data between the target and the host? - Is the Real-Time code running as an executable on the target, or are you controlling it from the laptop? - How are you monitoring the system time? - Can you narrow the code down to some specific functions that can reproduce the error?&nbsp; Let me know some of this specific information, and include a basic VI if it is reproducible on a small scale, so that I can investigate this behavior further. Regards, Lauren Do you have a 'wait until next ms' (wun) function...

Unable to install LV Runtime Engine 7.1.1 with LabVIEW Professional 8.5.1
I installed&nbsp;LabVIEW Professional Sys. for Windows (XP) 8.5 and then the 8.5.1 update. Somewhere in the original installation, LV Run-time Engine 7.1 was installed. But I need LV RTE 7.1.1. So I attempted to install RTE 7.1.1. Problem: The LV RTE installer aborts with the following message: &nbsp; "Installation aborted. Newer version already installed."&nbsp; &nbsp; Why do I need 7.1.1? I must run some commercial LV executables that were compiled with LV 7.1.1 and will not run under 7.1. :smileysad: You may have to uninstall RTE 8.5.1 to proceed with the 7.1.1 install and then reinstall RTE 8.5.1. &nbsp; I hope this helps! Well, I have to correct myself. MAX indicated that LV RTE 7.1 (not 7.1.1) was installed. My complied LV app indicated that 7.1.1 was not installed. I checked Windows Add New Programs and selected "National Instruments Software" I found that LV RTE 7.1.1 was, in fact, installed. So&nbsp;I selected LabVIEW Runtime Engine 7.1.1 and clicked Repair. After rebooting, My app works correctly. Again, MAX incorrectly displays LV RTE 7.1 (not 7.1.1). My app works, so&nbsp;I don't care. :smileyhappy: ...

Labview 7.1 to 6.1 conversion
Hi &nbsp; I'm developing the automation for analyses. I am using a multichannel potentiostat from Bio-Logic. The manufacturer gives the drivers and example in LabVIEW 7.1; unfortunately I have&nbsp;to use LabVIEW 6.1 only. &nbsp; Would you mind converting the enclosed package to v6.1? &nbsp; Many thanks in advance. Xu EC-Lab development package.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/228002/1/EC-Lab development package.zip ...

Labview 7.1.1 crashes daily?
We are running a multi-chamber process system using LabVIEW 7.1.1 and the matching 7.1.0 DSC module. Each process chamber is controlled by software on an individual workstation, which share status information with a master control workstation via the DSC. There is also a gateway workstation that lets the chamber workstations communicate via OPC to an array of instruments in the system, and a database stored on another workstation where all process steps are logged.That part is all working.The problem is that one (and only one) of the process workstation programs crashes once a day (usually in early hours of the morning). There are no Labview error dialogs generated; we simply arrive in the morning to find the dreaded Windows 'LabVIEW.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close' message on the screen with the option to send the error report to Microsoft. Any hints? Since it's a windows exit rather than a labview crash I'm not getting any useful error messages.Related question: We've been sticking with LV 7.1.1 for now because we're trying to actually *use* our process system, and I wasn't sure how much rewriting I'd have to do to get everything working in 8.x . I do have the 8.5 install disks; would upgrading be likely to help, and how transparent will the upgrade process be, given that I'm dealing with 8-9 interconnected machines and the DSC? If the crash is being caused by code which is "tickling" that specific instance of ...

porting labview 6.1 to 7.1
Hi: I am working on a Labview program which I worte a similar one on LV 6.1.&nbsp; I just upgrade to 7.1 recently.&nbsp; I was trying to copy some of my code from my pervious 6.1 program to my 7.1 program.&nbsp; Strange thins is that same code works fine on LV6.1 environment but cause error on 7.1 environment.&nbsp; I have tried to move the code to a stand alone 7.1 vi.&nbsp; It worked fine when I first executed, but cause error the second time.&nbsp; I also have tried to re-write the code using 71 function.&nbsp; It did not work also.&nbsp; Can anyone give me a hint what's going on??? Untitled99.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/135515/1/Untitled99.vi ...

handle pointer in labview 7.1.1 ??
:smileyvery-happy:Hello, I'm developing a Vi which is&nbsp;using a DLL. The problem is that the function I want use had parameters that are not directly integer values, but pointer on a structure with integer values. I do the DLL function call and the prototype of the function is: Unsigned char BFLOADER_ComConfig(Char TargetType, void *ComConfig, Unsigned Long *ComDevice). This prototype looks good regarding the DLL fuction specification but I had this error message when executing the VI: &nbsp; The vi stop at the Calling DLL Function process 0x5A4. &nbsp; Is it the way to call the parameters which are not good? or simply a bad use of the DLL? &nbsp; How can I interpret the 0x5A4 error code? &nbsp; Thanks, pinto_armindo@yahoo.fr &nbsp; Thanks for your tutorials, i'll search and contact if still problems &nbsp; ...

Uninstalling LabVIEW RTE 7.1.1
I'm trying to 'clean' a computer to install the new versions of NI Software and I'm getting the following error... any suggestions??? LVProblem.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/224683/1/LVProblem.JPG Hello,This seems like an issue that may require some assistance that is more complicated than can be handled on a discussion forum.&nbsp; I would recommend contacting an Applications Engineer directly by going to www.ni.com/ask and submitting an e-mail support request. ...

open file that created on LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES with LabVIEW 7.1 version
hi all, why i can't open file that open/modified LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES&nbsp;, in version&nbsp;&nbsp;LabVIEW 7.1 ? &nbsp; thank's all&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :) yes the file is *.vi&nbsp;.&nbsp;&nbsp;tha file contain blok diagram. the that i get is :ERROR.jpg (i even can't open file in this porum: <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190</a> thank's ERROR.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/209957/1/ERROR.jpg Dennis,&nbsp; please tell me how i can to save file on LabVieo 7.1&nbsp; that will open on LabVIEW 7 express ? which action i need to do ? ...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.news.uni-berlin.de>... > mike wrote: > > hi > > > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > > IP? and what is port 9999?? > > thanks > > These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port > 9999 thanks very much..will check it out ...

Re: labview 7.1.1 slow startup
I got almost the same problem with the startup time in Labview7.1. &nbsp; I was able to fix it, with removing all the project I have in the Directory "Project" of my labview7.1. &nbsp; I put them in My document. &nbsp; Now The startup time of labview is fast. &nbsp; Hope it will help you. &nbsp; Pascal ...

Problems with LabView 7.1.1 and Report Generation
I have just upgraded from LabView 7.1 to 7.1.1. As per the release notes, I did a mass compile of the vi.lib/addons/_office folder (which contains the Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office v1.1) but I get a lot of error messages complaining about "Bad VI". These VIs are no longer available after this operation. If I don't compile them (ie leave them in 7.1 format) then LabView complains that some subVIs are not executable. &nbsp; Are LabView 7.1.1 and the Office toolkit 1.1 compatible? How do I get them to work together? &nbsp; Simon &nbsp; ...

labview 7.1 to Labview 8.0 upgrade
Greetings all, &nbsp; My company has recently aquired labview 8.0 licences&nbsp;and is intending to use it as its development platform instead of labview 7.1. the problem is that all of our customers are&nbsp;currently running executables generated in a labview 7.1 environment and&nbsp;any updated versions of our software that&nbsp;we will send them in the future will most likely be developed&nbsp;in labview 8.0.&nbsp;The question&nbsp;is , other than sending them the executables generated by LV8&nbsp;along with LV8 RTE are there any problems. did any one&nbsp;see a problem with&nbsp;a conversion like this. i have done alot of reasearch about this and have been testing the converted code from 7.1 to 8 and the executalbes generated by 8.0 and i havent seen any major problems. any feedback on a related probelm would be greatly appreciated. &nbsp; I am using Serial communications LPT ports udp communications PCI I/O boards talking to remote and local data bases (Micorsoft and Oracle) all on a Windows Xp&nbsp;pro operating system&nbsp; ...

Web resources about - Labview 7.1.1 Errors - comp.lang.labview

LabVIEW - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LabVIEW (short for Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench) is a system-design platform and development environment for a visual ...

LabVIEW - Geekosystem
Don we now our gay apparel, and why shouldn’t that apparel be primarily composed of Christmas lights synchronized to flash with music ? Andy ...

National Instruments - LinkedIn
Welcome to the company profile of National Instruments on LinkedIn. It's not what we make. It's what we make possible. National Instruments is ...

Products / Home - g.tec - Guger Technologies
g.tec medical and electrical engineering produces biosignal amplifiers, data acquisition systems, real-time processing systems and EEG Processing ...

School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering - Computing Facilities
In particular, we have technical interests in common with the other Engineering Schools (Chemical, Civil & Environmental, Mechanical and Computer ...

Handy Arduino Uno R3 Pinout Diagram

Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli
Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli

Testing Engineering Supervisor
Testing Engineering Supervisor job. Read the Testing Engineering Supervisor job description and find other Division 10 Personnel jobs at Monster. ...

Knowledge and Content Management: A Foundation for Business Success
Knowledge management and enterprise content management are increasingly at the center of a successful business strategy.