LabVIEW 7.1.1 Executable Installer Won't Work When LabVIEW 8.0 Is Installed

I have a LabVIEW 7.1.1 application that I built into an
executable.  The executable runs fine on the machine I built it
on, but if I run the installer it gives me error 1722.  The
installer launches another executable that is contained within the
build, and it seems that it is when the installer gets to that part
that it crashes.  The executable shows up in the right place, as
if the installer completed successfully, and it executes fine.  On
machines that do not have LabVIEW 8.0 installed on them the installer
runs without crashing and it properly runs the executable that it is
supposed to run during installation.  On every machine that I have
tried the installer on that has LabVIEW 8.0 it crashes.  Has
anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks,
David R. Asher
0
x9561 (148440)

I made up a simple example, but it works...  The software that I
am having the problem with contains about 1500 VIs and is proprietary,
so I can't post it.  Luckily the issue with it not working on
computers with LabVIEW 8 isn't an issue for the customer.

Thanks,
David R. Asher
0
x9561 (148440)

Can't log in as an ordinary user after installing labview 7.1.1 on RHEL4
Hello   I have installed LabVIEW 7.1 and the update 7.1.1 on a Dell 380 running RedHat Enterprice 4. I installed it as root and under root the applications I have tryed seems to work well. But when I try to log in as an ordinary user I can�t log in.   Has anyone an idea of what can be the problem? Thanks in advance ...

Unable to install LV Runtime Engine 7.1.1 with LabVIEW Professional 8.5.1
I installed LabVIEW Professional Sys. for Windows (XP) 8.5 and then the 8.5.1 update. Somewhere in the original installation, LV Run-time Engine 7.1 was installed. But I need LV RTE 7.1.1. So I attempted to install RTE 7.1.1. Problem: The LV RTE installer aborts with the following message:   "Installation aborted. Newer version already installed."    Why do I need 7.1.1? I must run some commercial LV executables that were compiled with LV 7.1.1 and will not run under 7.1. :smileysad: You may have to uninstall RTE 8.5.1 to proceed with the 7.1.1 install and then reinstall RTE 8.5.1.   I hope this helps! Well, I have to correct myself. MAX indicated that LV RTE 7.1 (not 7.1.1) was installed. My complied LV app indicated that 7.1.1 was not installed. I checked Windows Add New Programs and selected "National Instruments Software" I found that LV RTE 7.1.1 was, in fact, installed. So I selected LabVIEW Runtime Engine 7.1.1 and clicked Repair. After rebooting, My app works correctly. Again, MAX incorrectly displays LV RTE 7.1 (not 7.1.1). My app works, so I don't care. :smileyhappy: ...

labview 7.1 to Labview 8.0 upgrade
Greetings all,   My company has recently aquired labview 8.0 licences and is intending to use it as its development platform instead of labview 7.1. the problem is that all of our customers are currently running executables generated in a labview 7.1 environment and any updated versions of our software that we will send them in the future will most likely be developed in labview 8.0. The question is , other than sending them the executables generated by LV8 along with LV8 RTE are there any problems. did any one see a problem with a conversion like this. i have done alot of reasearch about this and have been testing the converted code from 7.1 to 8 and the executalbes generated by 8.0 and i havent seen any major problems. any feedback on a related probelm would be greatly appreciated.   I am using Serial communications LPT ports udp communications PCI I/O boards talking to remote and local data bases (Micorsoft and Oracle) all on a Windows Xp pro operating system  ...

creating installer with office toolkit 1.1.1 and labview 8
HI All, I am developing a large application with labview 8 and office toolkit 1.1.1 installed. We need to make an installer to distribute our application to all of our contractors (hundreds of them) for direct them in methods of procedure during construction, conformance reporting, inspection and test plan reports and finally uploading data gathered during installation and testing to our network assets database. I have successfully programmed the code in Labview 8 and have the report generation functioning satisfactorialy, but when i create the executable, i get the following message when t...

How can you simple install the LabVIEW Toolboxes with LabVIEW 7.1
Hello, yesterday was a nice day, I have receved the NI Developer Suite Professional Control Edition with the new LabVIEW 7.1, RT 7.1, DSC 7.1 etc. I still use Labview 7.0 (Developer Suite Professional Control Edition) Unfortunately I can't install the Toolboxes from the toolbox cd into the right directory! Always when I try to install a toolbox, it will be installed into the LabVIEW 7.0 directory. It is not possible to change the directory (exeption: SPC-Toolbox) Even if you change the name of your LabVIEW 7.0 Directory, the toolbox produce a new folder LabVIEW 7.0 and is getting instaled ...

Is LabVIEW 7.1 Aug2005 identical to LabView 7.1 May2005?
I am attempting to have a coworker at a remote site set up their PC with the exact same software as one that I have here.  I used the August 2005 CDs from Developer Suite.  My coworker tells me that he has the TestStand 3.1, and the Device Driver CDs from the Aug2005 Dev Suite shipment, but he can only find LabView 7.1 from the May2005 delivery.   I would like to safely assume that LabView 7.1 is LabView 7.1, regardless of whether it was shipped in May or August, but it is really important to me to make absolutely sure that we end up with the same software versions.  So I was hoping somebody could confirm that the May and August CDs (Dev Suite, 2005) contain the exact same LabView software version.   I noticed that there were 3 LabView 7.x version selections for submitting this issue;  7.0    7.1    and    7.1.1   I set up my PC using Aug2005 CDs and my LabView splash screen shows "7.1".  Can I assume that if I had version 7.1.1 that I would see "7.1.1" on the splash screen?  (Many pieces of software do not show the 2nd decimal point or anything past it on their splash screen.  The Help | About selection for LabView just ends up showing the splash screen again.)   My Aug2005 CD shows "7.1" printed on it.  Can I assume that my LabView CD would have &quo...

problem with executable not launching in run mode after installing LabView 8.0.1 patch
After installing the 8.0.1 patch to Labivew Professional&nbsp;8.0 it appears I can no longer create an&nbsp;executable&nbsp;that&nbsp;launches in run mode.&nbsp; Is it possible the 8.0.1 patch that I loaded on an&nbsp;XP machine&nbsp;introduced a bug to the application builder?&nbsp; If so is there a fix in place or maybe I'm doing something wrong when I build the executable. Jeff &nbsp; There is also a patch for Run Time.&nbsp; Did you install this?&nbsp; &nbsp; Matt No Problem.&nbsp; The patch for run time is further down the list. Link to Patch: <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/D5C32AD00F07D7D586257110007B54D2?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/D5C32AD00F07D7D586257110007B54D2?OpenDocument</a> ...

Why multihreaded soft worked under Labview 7 but is slower under Labview 8.2.1
Hello all ! &nbsp; I have a multithreated software developped under Labview 7.0. Under this version, multithreading can be enabled/disabled via the&nbsp;options menu&nbsp;/ performance &amp; disk section. This is not present under Labview 8.2.1. &nbsp; My software works properly under LW7 but is slower under LW8.2.1...how can I configure labview and or my vi&nbsp;to make it running as well as&nbsp;under LW7 ??? Is there a "hidden" option to enable/disable multithreading under LW8.2.1 ?&nbsp; &nbsp; Thank you for your help &nbsp; remi To disable multithreading, add ESys.StdNParallel=0 to the ini file. (See: <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/2F606AD236C606008625718E00561A62?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/2F606AD236C606008625718E00561A62?OpenDocument</a>) However, it is not celar that this is the problem. Did you save the entire hierachy under 8.2.1 after conversion (of course after making sutable backup copines of the 7.0 version ;)). Freshly converted, but not yet saved code runs typically much slower. Also, what do you mean by "slower" 10% slower, 10x slower? How do you measure speed? Thanks for your quick answer altenbach. The tips given at this link will really be useful to me! It seems that I made a wrong conversion of the files...fortunately I made suitable backup of the 7.0 version :smileywink:. I will investigate mor...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #8
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win2k and Labview 5.0; on the new machine we planned to use WinXP Pro and Labview 7.1. The acquisition part of the VI uses 2 CINs. One is used to configure the FPGA on the Multifunctions board at initialization. The second CIN reads he buffers received from the board and puts them into the shape of an image. &nbsp; Now since we tried in WinXP Pro and Labview 7.1, we get some kind of weird bugs. Either there is a big problem concerning the synchronization of the mirros with the acquisition or with the image reconstruction. We have already tried : &nbsp; 1. Putting everything back into the old machine to verify there has not been any damage to the boards. OK 2. Using the boards in the new machine but with Win2000 and Labiew 5.0, just to be sure that there are no conflicting elements in the hardware. OK &nbsp; As we wanted to check everything slowly but surely we then installed LV ...

Would a LabVIEW 8.5 Executable play nice with LabVIEW 7.1 Development on the Same System?
Our testing computer right now just has the user&nbsp;run the corresponding .vi file since we have LabVIEW 7.1 installed on the computer. &nbsp; If I use 8.5 to compile this .vi to an executable, I realize that I must install the run-time support for 8.5.&nbsp; My question is what effect will installing the 8.5 run-time have on the ability to continue to run the other 7.1 VIs with LabVIEW 7.1.&nbsp; &nbsp; Should I be concerned with losing MAX settings when installing the run-time support for 8.5? I want to be able to run 8.5 executables but also able to open up a 7.1 .vi file in LabVIEW 7.1 and run it that way also. &nbsp; Thanks for your help! I have 8.5 on my system and the idea is to slowly replace the running of the .vi files with .exe files, I was just curious in case my .exe doesn't work I can still run the tests with .vi in the mean time. &nbsp; Thanks for your help folks! &nbsp; ...

Why is my GPIB interface dead after installing LabView 6.1 when upgrading from LabView 6.0.2
We installed LV6.1 on our Win2000 machine. GPIB interface no longer works. We had been using LV6.0.2. Did you try to use MAX to check your GPIB interface? Click "F5" to Refresh the system if you can't see the GPIB interface. If you can see the it, try to run NI 488.2 Troubleshooting Wizard under Help->Troubleshooting to test the interface. Bill Yes, I used MAX. The GPIB card shows up there. So does the GPIB instrument. I tried to test the interface with the communicate with device button. The query just timed out. We un-installed the GPIB card and then re-installed i...

Installing the 8.2.1 run time engine on a system with LabVIEW 8.2 installed
Note: This is a <a href="http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?showtopic=7942" target="_blank">cross-post to LAVA</a>. If I have a system with LabVIEW 8.2 installed and I upgrade only the RTE to 8.2.1 (leaving LabVIEW 8.2 installed) will I run into any problems?- Will applications that I build in LabVIEW 8.2 still run correctly? - Which RTE will applications that I build in 8.2 require? (I'm presuming that the 8.2.1 RTE upgrade will not touch the lvapp.lib stub used by the app builder and that apps built in 8.2 will run in the 8.2 RTE) Here is what I (think I) know: - The 8.2.1 run time engine (RTE) is an upgrade to the 8.2 RTE, meaning that the 8.2 and 8.2.1 RTEs cannot be installed at the same time. - Applications built using LabVIEW 8.2 will run in the 8.2.1 RTE, however apps built using LabVIEW 8.2.1 require the 8.2.1 RTE and will not run in the 8.2 RTE Has anyone attempted this?Thanks, Hi Jim, Anything that we product that is X.X.X is mostly a bug fix release, and so you are correct in that it installs over X.X (your example 8.2.1 installs over 8.2 and so it is not possible to have them installed at the same time separately). It also means that there is a good chance that you can interchange VIs and projects without a problem, but it is not guaranteed. &nbsp; This means that applications built in LV 8.2 can run using 8.2.1 RTE, and LV 8.2.1 applications can probably run with 8.2 RTE, but it is highly recommended to have the same ve...

Windows Media Player 9 ActiveX object doesn't work in modal dialog box with LabVIEW 8.0.1
I want a modal dialog box to pop up and play a WMV file. Sometimes this works the first time, but thereafter the video is blank, even though the player thinks it's playing the file (the slider moves, the time advances, the file info shows, etc.). &nbsp; I'm doing this by creating a VI that takes the file path as an input. If I set the VI properties for Window Appearance to Default, it works fine. But certain combinations under Custom, including simply setting the Window Behavior to Modal, cause the black video syndrome. Once it goes blank, I have to close the VI and reopen it to get the video to work, even&nbsp;if I set the&nbsp;Window Behavior settings back to something that normally works. &nbsp; An older version of the ActiveX object works fine, as does QuickTime, but&nbsp;those aren't&nbsp;options for the deployed system. Am I doing something wrong? All I'm doing is setting the URL, invoking the Play method, then invoking the Stop method when the user clicks a button. &nbsp; I'm running Windows 2000, using the Windows Media Player 9 ActiveX object, and have LabVIEW 8.0.1. &nbsp; Thanks, &nbsp; -Ron Brian, Interesting. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like WMP 10 will work with Windows 2000. When you say "relink" do you mean reinsert the ActiveX object into the container? Whatever it is you mean, is there a way to do it programmatically? Thanks, -Ron Ron, &nbsp; Unfortunately, you are not the first ...

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

labview 8.0.1 installer error
hello all, &nbsp; I am having an issue with building an installer package in labview 8.0.1.&nbsp; I can build an executable every time, but when i try to build an installer I get the error message in the attatched txt file (its to lengthy to paste here)&nbsp;.&nbsp; this error happens no matter what switch settings i use in properties, including with and without run-time engine.&nbsp; I have tried reloading the 8.0.1 upgrade and the same results.&nbsp; For a variety of reasons I can not goto 8.2 right now to try that... &nbsp; Any and all suggestions will&nbsp;be appreciated &nbsp; thanks Chris&nbsp; Document.rtf: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/235555/1/Document.rtf ...

How do I upgrade my VIs from LabVIEW 3.1 to LabVIEW 7.1
&nbsp; Hello, &nbsp; I have&nbsp;met a well known problem. I have to re-use some VIs from old version of LabView (3.1) to newer. &nbsp; Every bit of documention I have found speaks about LabVIEW VI Conversion Kit,&nbsp;with this given part number 776874-03.&nbsp; But I can not get it. &nbsp; Is there somebody to give me a solution? I am working with Windows XP &amp; LabView 7.1. &nbsp; Thank you. &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #7
[...]

Installing LabVIEW 8.2.1 with DAQmx 8.0 on Suse 10.3 for Linux.
We recently updated some of our machines to Opensuse 10.3.&nbsp; We have a set of instructions my advisor wrote that have been used for the installation of Labview 8.2.1, NIKAL 1.6, and DAQmx 8.0 on Opensuse 10.3.&nbsp; I thought I would post these instructions for anyone who may find them useful. &nbsp; NIKAL is now on version 1.7 and we have began to use that, but not as of the latest writing of these instructions.&nbsp; We have installed Labview 8.5 using these instructions as well, but they have not been modified for that either.&nbsp; I used these instructions to install Labview 8.5, NIKAL 1.7 and DAQmx base 3.1 on a laptop since we needed USB support for an NI 9233.&nbsp; It installed without problems. I changed the following:On step 10 the version of NIKAL was 1.7 not 1.6.On step 11. I installed DAQmx Base 1.3 instead of DAQmx 8.0&nbsp; and the message concerning Labview 8.0 not being installed does not occur.Steps 13 and 14 should not be necessary since the versions DAQmx Base and Labview presumably expect each other to be there.Once I had everything installed on the laptop, Labview could not see my device.&nbsp; I contacted NI and they were very helpful and suggested a few commands to run.&nbsp; Here is what I did.I ran "lsdaq" with the following output:&gt; --------------------------------&gt;&gt; Detecting National Instruments DAQ Devices&gt;&gt; Found the following DAQ Devices:&gt;&gt; NI US...

LabVIEW 8.0 changed a constant that was wired to a Case structure to a hidden control to maintain compatibility with LabVIEW 7.1 and earlier.
Y am i getting this msg? Hi, muks, This happened because "...LabVIEW does not compile code on the block diagram that does not execute. For example, LabVIEW does not compile any code that exists within the inactive subdiagrams of the Conditional Disable structure. In addition, LabVIEW does not compile code within a Case structure that has a constant wired to it that would not execute the case with the code..."In the other words, if you have case structure, which is wired to T/F constant, then prior to version 8.x both cases will be compiled. From version 8.x the only "executed" case will be compiled. So, LabVIEW replaces constant with control for ensure that both cases will be compiled as before. refer to <a href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361A-01/lvupgrade/labview_8_0_features/" target="_blank">this document</a> best regards,Andrey. Got it andrey thanx ...

open file that created on LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES with LabVIEW 7.1 version
hi all, why i can't open file that open/modified LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES&nbsp;, in version&nbsp;&nbsp;LabVIEW 7.1 ? &nbsp; thank's all&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :) yes the file is *.vi&nbsp;.&nbsp;&nbsp;tha file contain blok diagram. the that i get is :ERROR.jpg (i even can't open file in this porum: <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190</a> thank's ERROR.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/209957/1/ERROR.jpg Dennis,&nbsp; please tell me how i can to save file on LabVieo 7.1&nbsp; that will open on LabVIEW 7 express ? which action i need to do ? ...

labview 8.0 to labview 7.0
Hi, Can somebody save the below VIs in LV 8.0&nbsp;for LV 7.0, please... ?! Find Power Interrupt Time.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335061/1/Find Power Interrupt Time.vi Remove Element(s) from Array.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335061/2/Remove Element(s) from Array.vi Hi Partha,Here are the VIs in LV7.0.Have a nice day Find Power Interrupt Time.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335070/1/Find Power Interrupt Time.vi Remove Element(s) from Array.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335070/2/Remove Element(s) from Array.vi ...

ALL 8.0 LABVIEWers!! Convert 8.0 VIs to 7.1
Hi there. &nbsp; This is another "Can somebody help me cause I'm desperate?" kind of post. I am using the brand new 8.2.1 version and I have to submit the prog by the 8th of January. After using 'Save for previous version' I have only managed to&nbsp;"degrade" it to 8.0 &nbsp; Thus - Could somebody convert the attached zipped VIs to version 7.1 or any other that would work with Labview 7 ? &nbsp; I have not used any new modules/functions e.g. instead of using the new x^2 (squared) triangle I have used the old 'to the power of x' function with a two etc. &nbsp;The sigma.vi is the key one - if u dont manage to convert all of them just pack the converted ones, preferably checked. &nbsp; Thanks a whole lot! &nbsp; M sigma Folder.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/222639/1/sigma Folder.zip I have suffered this recently where I opened a 7.1 project in 8.2 went to a client site with the code and could not do anything since I only have 7.1 and 8.2 on the PC I am working on.&nbsp; Very frustrating.&nbsp; I can help you possibly later when I get my laptop back in the office with 8.0.&nbsp; NI is not considering us who have subscriptions but skipped 8.0 but use 8.2 and 7.1 extensively. NI should automate a server with a FTP that can take a project in any version and batch process it and down grade to previous version online.&nbsp; Could be very useful, especially for this discussion forum w...

How is I/O assistant installed correctly with a Labview 7.1 installation from scratch?
I had Labview 6.0 installed. I bought the upgrade to 7.1. From running into some problems NI tech support recommended removing 6.0 and installing 7.1 from scratch which I did and now all but one thing is ok. When I initialize the instrument I/O assistant I get a message stating that the assistant is not installed correctly and should be installed prior to 7.0. Then it says to reinstall the assistant from the device drivers cd which I have done as well as from the installation cd. I am still getting the error when starting the assistant. Anybody have any clues??? There is a bug in the Instrume...

[Installation] Labview 6.1 or 7.1 setup hangs on NT4sp6
Hi, We are having a little problem with the installation of both Labview 6.1 and Labview 7.1 Developer on a NT4 Service Pack 6 machine. During the setup process, the progress stops and the msiexec.exe hangs, taking 100% of the CPU. This problem happened first with LV 6.1. Then I tried installing LV 7.1 and the setup hang while installing the runtime environment. With LV 6.1, the setup hangs during the initialization process. Labview 5 and 6.0 run-time where previously installed on the system. Uninstalling them did not help. I noted that during the setup process, multiple...

Web resources about - LabVIEW 7.1.1 Executable Installer Won't Work When LabVIEW 8.0 Is Installed - comp.lang.labview

Executable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... . However, in a more general sense, a file containing instructions (such as bytecode ) for a software interpreter may also be considered executable ...

The Care and Feeding of Weird Machines Found in Executable Metadata [29c3] - YouTube
The Care and Feeding of Weird Machines Found in Executable Metadata The Executable and Linkable Format (ELF) is omnipresent; related OS and library ...

Agile Test Case Management – Specifications and Executable Specifications
... from the first three posts in this series and we’re well into realm of dangerous with Specification and their automated compatriots, Executable ...

Should You Recompile Your Software as a 64-Bit Executable?
Describes the 64-bit features available in OS X. As a general rule, in OS X v10.7 and later, the answer is probably yes. A 64-bit executable ...

For a year, one rogue Tor node added malware to Windows executables
... Tor exit node. F-Secure Three weeks ago, a security researcher uncovered a Tor exit node that added malware to uncompressed Windows executables ...

BusyBox crams 117 Unix tools into a tiny Windows executable
... looking for simplicity and convenience, it’s hard to beat BusyBox , which crams tiny versions of 117 Unix utilities into a single 645 KB executable. ...

Analysis Nirvana Via Stripped Executables and Binaries?
CodeSonar for binaries identifies security vulnerabilities in third-party executables

AMD’s GPU performance under Linux can be boosted by renaming certain executables
A new report claims that CS:Go players with AMD Radeon GPUs on Linux can boost performance significantly by renaming files.

Patent US5432937 - Method and apparatus for architecture independent executable files - Google Patents ...
The present invention is a method that enables single release of applications for multiple architectures and operating systems and to provide ...

pefile - pefile is a Python module to read and work with PE (Portable Executable) files - Google Project ...
pefile is a multi-platform Python module to read and work with Portable Executable (aka PE) files . Most of the information in the PE Header ...