Labview Dll call library function Causing Labview to unload

I am trying to use the Call Library function in Labview 7.1 to call an Init function for a Zathic Can4USB device. When I run the vi, it complete log LabView out of the computer. Can anyone tell me why the function totally unloads LV without displaying an error?

Thanks
0
x9561 (148441)

Either the function has a serious bug or you are calling it with
invalid parameters or wrongly setup parameters. The problem happening
here is that your DLL passes somehow invlid parameters to a system
device driver and that driver causes a protection fault. For device
driver execeptions which happen in the privileged kernel, Windows does
not try to attempt to message a user in such cases (other than the
threaded blue screen of dead which when you get it really means a full
restart) but unloads the current application as fast as possible.

Check the documentation for this function and try to see where you call
it srong or contact the developer of this DLL for assitence.

Rolf Kalbermatter
0
x9561 (148441)

LabView 6.1 crashes when function in dll is called using call library function

How to write a C wrapper dll to export Matlab dll functions so that LabVIEW Call Library Function Node can use it?
Hello LabView developers, &nbsp; I used LabVIEW to call Matlab m script to implement matlab MPC successfully. I wanted to use Matlab compiler to compile the matlab m script function into a c&nbsp;shared library&nbsp;.dll so that LabVIEW can call it without requiring Matlab installed on the PC. &nbsp; I used MatLab R2007b with matlab compiler. I was able to generate a C shared library dll set successfully using mcc command. &nbsp; However, from the header file, I see that the inputs and outputs of&nbsp;the function prototype&nbsp;are&nbsp;in mxArray. I need to change this data type to whatever that&nbsp;LabView Call&nbsp;Library Function Node can recognize. &nbsp; I have followed a few examples in the forum, but none of them went through. &nbsp; I use LabView 8.5. I have Microsoft Visual C++ Version 6 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. The compiler is in C++. Should I use a C compiler only to generate the C wrapper dll so that Labview can recognize it in the Call Library Function Node? &nbsp; If anybody has gone through this successfully, I would like to learn from you on how to do it. &nbsp; Thanks, &nbsp; Kimberly yw wrote: Hello LabView developers, &nbsp; I used LabVIEW to call Matlab m script to implement matlab MPC successfully. I wanted to use Matlab compiler to compile the matlab m script function into a c&nbsp;shared library&nbsp;.dll so that LabVIEW can call it without requiring Matlab installed ...

Calling a LabView DLL from a Labview VI
Hi, I have a vi that is calling a Labview DLL and they both have a same subVI. If I drop that SubVI into the block diagram first then drop in the Call Library Function Node, when I run the VI, the DLL would not work and it did not give me any error. Does anyone know how fix this problem with Labview? or is there some configuration that I can force the all of that SubVI points into the DLL. Thanks for your help, Dan ...

labview crashing when calling labview-built dll
Hello I need some help with regard to calling a LabVIEW-built DLL in LabVIEW.I have created a vi in LabVIEW. I made the DLL for this vi. I called this VI as a re-entrant in another vi.This vi(calling DLL) has been working fine till yesterday. Since yesterday, it started crashing LV.I need some help in this regard.I am attaching the screenshots of the Application Builder configuration window, the B.D of the vi using DLL and that of the configuration window which pops up when i call the DLL.I made a vi which performs FRA. I built its DLL.I have around 10 inputs. I output 3 one-dimensional arrays, and a string from the DLL.When i build the DLL, the builder defines the outputs 'gain', 'phase' and 'frequency' as arrays of 8-byte double.When i call this DLL in my vi, the configuration window sets them as 'numeric' outputs.Why does this happen? What is the solution to this?When i try to set them as 'array' in this configuration window, i get a warning that i am trying to change the data types which do not match with the data type found in the DLL. Is this the problem with my code or with the Application Builder?Now, after i change the 3 output datatypes to Arrays, and set their minimum length(i assumed that this value means the size of the array ), the vi runs and crashes LV. I am nto sure when it crashes, why it crashes. It runs fine at one time. It crashes at another time. I am nto sure if these arrays are teh reason why L...

Should I call C from LabVIEW or call LabVIEW from C?
I need to write some software and am trying to choose the best development environment. I currently use Borland C++ Builder to develop most of my software and have also used some LabVIEW occasionally. The new package I need to write has to provide several functions, some of which would be better in C++, some in LabVIEW and I am wondering whether to combine the two. So far, I have had a quick play around and called a very basic piece LabVIEW code, built into a dll, from some C++ code. I am about to try to reverse (create dll in C++ and call from LabVIEW) but would appreciate some advice on the advantages/disadvantages of each method. &nbsp; Restrictions I have: 1. I will (probably) be using some hardware which will be supplied with C++ driver functions only. My interface with this card is the 'heart' of my system and is time-critical. Also, I need to assign a pointer to pass to this card (could I do this in LabVIEW?) 2. I wish to analyse data from the card using FFT and related functions so would ideally use the LabVIEW Sound &amp; Vibration and Order Analysis toolkits. I need to use these in real-time where the data sampling rate is fairly high (frequency analysis to be done on 4 channels at once with each channel sampled at approx 100kHz). &nbsp; To add to this, I would like to be able to create/modify the display screen at run-time - something which I am fine with in C++ but understand is very difficult in LabVIEW (I have only used LabVIEW for relatively...

Error 1073 when building LabVIEW app which calls LabVIEW dll
I am trying to use application builder to build an application that calls a dll created in LabVIEW. I get an error referencing a vi within the dll (Parse Stored String(multibyte).vi) saying that "This property is writable or this method is available only when the VI is in edit mode." The only option is to Continue which cancels the build. I had sucessfully built this application prior to including vis that call the dll and the program runs fine in the development environment. Do you have any idea what is causing this and what I cam do about it? I have found a temporary workaround i...

Calling LabVIEW Shared Library (dll) causes Access 2007 to hang
First of all, I didn't have any problem using Microsoft Access 2002/2003 to call a LabVIEW Shared Library until I upgraded to Access 2007.&nbsp; However, since I upgraded to Access 2007, the same code and build will not work.&nbsp; It causes Access and the LabVIEW runtime to hang.&nbsp; Here is what I'm doing:&nbsp; (I'm using the example found here: <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3188#toc0" target="_blank">http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3188#toc0</a>) &nbsp; First I created a shard library by building it in LabVIEW 7.1: void Numtes(unsigned char In3, double *In2, long In1, unsigned char *Out3, double *Out2, long *Out1) &nbsp; I then declare the private sub in Access 2007: Private Declare Sub Numtest Lib "C:\download\lvNumber\numtest.dll" Alias "Numtes" (ByVal i1 As Integer, ByRef i2 As Double, ByVal i3 As Long, ByRef o1 As Integer, ByRef o2 As Double, ByRef o3 As Long) &nbsp; Here's the code that calls the sub and returns the result: Private Sub Command1_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Msg Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Double, i3 As Long, o1 As Integer, o2 As Double, o3 As Long&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; i1 = Text4 i2 = Text5 i3 = Text6 &nbsp; Call Numtest(i1, i2, i3, o1, o2, o3)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ' Display the results Text1 = o1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; T ext2 = o2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Te...

How can I calling LabView DLL within LabView and pass similar Data Types?
--5972977.1071582281832.JavaMail.quiq.tekken Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to use an Instrument Driver, which is created in LabView6.1 as a DLL. At this point I have only LabView to test this DLL. I was wondering, is there easy way to find out what sort of Parameter or Data Type I should be using. How can I pass the following data with in LabView: LVRefnum as Type? LVBoolean as Type? TD1 (a structure) as Type? It is funny to see that I am able to create a DLL in labview but having trouble calling it within LabView. I th...

can double pointer to represent matrix in DLL be interfaced with labview using call library function node?
Hi, I have got C code for my algorithm in which matrcies are dealth with double pointers. Can i use double pointer and can be interfaced with labview using call library function node? example code is void test_mat(double **a,int rows,int col){ int i,j;for(i=0;i&lt;rows;i++)for(j=0;j&lt;col;j++)a[i][j]=3.0;} I am using above code in C and creating a DLL and calling in LABVIEW using call library function node, but i am not getting any result.what should i do?thanks &amp; regards,vishnu. You should always start with LabVIEW: 1. Put the 2D array and col, row on the front panel 2. Put a CLF node on the diagram, and wire the 2D array, row, and col the the CLF node 3. Right click the CLF node, let LabVIEW create the C code for you 4.&nbsp;Open the C code in you C compiler, and finish the coding. &nbsp; &nbsp; George Zou <a href="http://www.geocities.com/gzou999/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.geocities.com/gzou999/index.html</a> &nbsp; ...

build a DLL in LabVIEW &amp; Use the DLL in LabVIEW
I am trying to build a DLL for the simple vi with LabVIEW and want to use the DLL in LabVIEW. is it impossible? &nbsp; I wrote a vi and it have 2 terminals. one is the input for numeric dbl data type and one another is the output for numeric dbl 1D array data type. &nbsp; It was built with the Application builder for LabVIEW 8.0 and DLL was created successfully. &nbsp; I want to use this DLL&nbsp;in new vi with LabVIEW. &nbsp; Call library function used. I wrote a new vi to use that DLL. &nbsp; In config dialog I config each parameter for dll and connected terminals. but it doesn't work &nbsp; pleas refer to the attatched file and let me know what I missed. &nbsp; Array1D.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/235977/1/Array1D.zip ...

Call function from dll in labview
Hi All, I have to get data from USB camera, I have following functions in DLL. DLLINOUT=09HANDLE =09WINAPI=09CC_Open( LPCSTR CameraName , ULONG CameraNumber , CC_CAPTURE_MODE CaptureMode ) ; and DLLINOUT BOOL=09 WINAPI=09 CC_CaptureSingle( HANDLE Cam , PVOID Buffer , ULONG TransferSize , CC_TRIGGER_MODE TriggerMode , USHORT TimeOut , OVERLAPPED * pUserOverlapped ); When I open hardware with function cc_open I am getting handle to an object. How can I store this object and pass it to CC_CaptureSingle function? Another question is when I call CC_CaptureSingle I am getting pointer on the 2 ...

calling matlab code in labview 5 using call library function
hai i have a problem........... i want to call matlab code through call library function or cal interface node and execute it in my labview 5.but as i configer the dll. file in my CLF, it shows error saying function not found in library. i want brief explanation of how to create dll.in matlab and how to call it in labview5 CLF.can anybody help me? divya shetty. :?: ...

change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW
change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW hi, I am Interfacing a FrameGrabber with LabVIEW using a frame grabber SDK(dll). The memory managment of this FG allow you to allocate your own Array and to give a pointer to this Array to the memory manager. Then when you acquire with the frame grabber, the acquired image will be directly accessible in your array. 1.I give to the FG memory manager a pointer to the Labview array through a SDK Dll function. 2. I run the acquisition 3. I display the array My problem is that the Array is allways displayed with it initial val...

LabVIEW crashes when function called from DLL
Hello, &nbsp; I'm a relative new user of LabVIEW and looking for some help. I've posted this issue in another board and was unsuccessful. I was told to try it here. &nbsp; LabVIEW crashes everytime I run it. The code (error.vi) contains a subvi (error2.vi) which calls a function and crashes. The information about the dll file can be found at the following site <a href="http://www.amptek.com/mcadll.zip" target="_blank"> http://www.amptek.com/mcadll.zip</a>&nbsp; . Hope you can help error.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/238711/1/error.vi error2.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/238711/2/error2.vi ...

how to call this dll point function by labview
&nbsp; Void SetCompStatusCallBack(void ((*CompStatusCallBack)(int id, int status, unsigned char conflict))) &nbsp; Sets up callback function for getting component status. &nbsp; Parameters: * CompStatusCallback ? entry point for callback function. &nbsp; Return Value:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; None. left wrote: &nbsp; Void SetCompStatusCallBack(void ((*CompStatusCallBack)(int id, int status, unsigned char conflict))) &nbsp; Sets up callback function for getting component status. &nbsp; Parameters: * CompStatusCallback ? entry point for callback function. &nbsp; Return Value:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; None. You don't. This is the callback protoype that would be passed as parameter to another API and as such never will be called by the caller of that API but instead be provided by that caller! And LabVIEW does not support function pointers at all, so you really can't do this. The only solution is to write a wrapper function in your DLL or in a separate DLL that translates between this interface and some more event oriented LabVIEW functionality such as user events, but unless you do know C to a fairly good level, you should probably leave that to someone else. Rolf KalbermatterMessage Edited by rolfk on 01-26-2007 04:21 PM ...

Is LabVIEW Runtime required for a DLL created by LabVIEW ?
Hi &nbsp; Could some one&nbsp;advice me on this matter please. I am trying to build a DLL for a set of functions created in LabVIEW. Now I am&nbsp; wondering if I need to use it with some other language like VB or C++, do I need to install the LabVIEW runtime of the same version as the original functions ? &nbsp; Any settings required while creating the DLL ? I am trying to&nbsp;create it in LV 7.0 &nbsp; Thanks in advance Deepu. &nbsp; Hi Deepu, yes, if you want to use a dll, which is created with LabView you have to install&nbsp;the runtime engine. Mike Alright Mike, Thanks ! I was&nbsp;hoping it would work without the LabVIEW runtime. Anyway, thanks for the quick reply. Rgds Deepu. ...

Labview Call Library Node (DLL) Exception
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hello,I cannot seem to find a way to cure this strage problem. I have a very simple Vi that does a DLL call to my 3rd party application (a PowerPC debugger tool). The vi's input is only a string which consists of a file location that initializes the debugger. I simply use a convert file path to string routine to call the DLL (see enclosed vi. gif file).Here's the problem: If I start up Labview, and call the routine with the default file path, I get an exception error (An exception occurred within the external code called by a Call Library Function Node --- see enclosed error.gif). However, if I click on the file browse button, and re-navigate to the same file, the DLL calls works! It will continue working until I shut down Labview and restart it! (i.e. if I keep making the vi call subsequent to renavigating to the filename, it wil work). I'm really stuck on this one... I haven't seen much on this type of problem in the forum. If anyone has any ideas, please please let me know.Thanks-Ted vi.gif: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/198119/1/vi.gif error.gif: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/198119/2/error.gif Hello Ted, You are encountering this problem because of memory allocation issue stemming from the way by which you are sending your input string.&nbsp; To overcome this, please refer to the example shipped with LabVIEW called Call DLL.vi.&nbsp; Please&nbsp;run the VI, and choose the LabVIEW Data Typ...

Re: Calling C++ DLL function in labview

Problem with lsb: LABVIEW.LIB was not called from a LabVIEW process
I've decided to compile the Zero Phase Shift.vi filter into a dll. This vi relies on IIR.lsb and IIR.c files. There is no problems with running the vi itself. However,&nbsp;using&nbsp; a dll that was built&nbsp;from this vi&nbsp;&nbsp;generates a fatal Windows error message &nbsp; LABVIEW.LIB was not called from a LabVIEW process (for example, if one tries to call the dll from within a VB program) &nbsp; If I remove the lsb reference from the vi, then calling the dll has no problems. I have tried to reference the IIR.lsb explicitly from the Build Shared Lib wizard, that did not work. &nbsp; &nbsp; I used LabVIEW 7.1 &nbsp; &nbsp; Andrew ZeroShiftFilter_Dll_Problem.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/234008/1/ZeroShiftFilter_Dll_Problem.zip ...

Fatal Error
After creating an installaion program, I tried testing the install of my app.&nbsp; The application user interface appears with a Fatal Error dialog box stating LABVIEW.LIB was not called from a LabVIEW process. &nbsp; Other information on this forum regarding a LABVIE.LIB error, usually mention some types of .dll calls, I have no such calls in my application so I'm curious if anyone else has a similar problem and hopefully a solution. &nbsp; Development machine and test install system both XP Pro Using LabVIEW 8.0.1 &nbsp; Thanks in advance. &nbsp; Con &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

Calling DLL function using LabVIEW 7.1?
Here's the scinario: I have LabVIEW 7.1 and i'm trying to call a DLL function using 'CALL LIBRARY FUNCTION NODE'. I have used this in the past with no problem. But right now, when I use this node and link it to the library and function name, i get 'ERROR loading Dllname.dll' message. &nbsp; NOTE that the DLL is generated using VStudio2003 or VStudio.NET. Could this be a problem?? Also, i noticed that there are some JUNK characters before &amp; after the function name that show up in function prototype: &nbsp; &nbsp; long <a href="mailto:?EcpvsSign@@YAHHPBEH0HPAE1@Z(long" target="_blank">?EcpvsSign@@YAHHPBEH0HPAE1@Z(long</a> Signer, CStr NonRMsg, long NonRMsgLen, CStr RMsg, long RMsgLen, CStr SigR, CStr SigS); Hi rkpat, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; You might check-out <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4877" target="_blank">this</a> thread on building WIN32 DLLs - expecially the bit re: "mangles names" under the paragraph titled " C Language Source File".&nbsp; My recollection is that&nbsp;'extern "C"' directive in the header file for the DLL&nbsp;solved the name-mangling problem, but it's been a few years! :smileywink: Cheers! &nbsp;Message Edited by tbd on 03-01-2007 11:19 PM tbd wrote: Hi rkpat, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; You might check-out <a ...

How to access Call Back Functions using *.dll in the Labview?
Hai, I am Pavan Ram Kumar Somu. &nbsp; I am new to Labview, currently I am working on MVB Interface. &nbsp; I need to access the API functions from *.dll file in Labview, as of now , I am doing this with Call function Library node in Labview but it does not support the following data types like &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. Pointer Arguments(To which memory it points in Labview) &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. function pointers Arguments &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 3 .pointers in structures and pointer structures in structures and many other data types. &nbsp; Please Answer the below queries also: &nbsp; 1. How to pass pointer arguments to API functions in DLL and how to collect pointer&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; return types from API functions in DLL &nbsp; 2. How to pass structure arguments to API functions in DLL and how to collect structure &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; return types from API functions in DLL &nbsp; 3. How to use callback functions(nothing but function pointers) in Labview and how to &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; collect callback fuctions return types from API functions in DLL &nbsp; I need your help while passing these datatypes to API functions in DLL from labview. &nbsp; Suggest me if there is any other alternative for implementing this task. &nbsp; &nbsp; I am referencing some examples here: Examples: I) Unsigned short int gf_open_device(void *p_...

passing a parameter to a labview call library function node
Hi, I have a some labview code that I use to call a reference .dll.&nbsp; The .dll is written in winapi C++ and uses a library to open and perform tasks in a third party program.&nbsp; The third party software performs an analysis on some data and has several options that can be controlled with the library they provided, some of which require user input from labview. The C++ code I wrote had all the options hard coded in... I could change the options in the code, recompile, and everything worked fine. The next step was to pass one of the parameters through labview into my code.&nbsp; Here is my prototype: extern "C" void __declspec(dllexport) RunDynaLS( short int *NumComps ); The third party software does everything perfectly, but when it finishes, labview crashes. Some things I've tried are to pass the value itself instead of a pointer, and putting the call library function node in a sequence to check if it gets to the next frame... it doesn't.&nbsp; I've also tried passing the value as a long... the third party s/w works, but labview still crashes in the end. I'm sure the problem has to do with memory allocation and release, but I don't know how to fix it. Thanks for any help. ...

Re: LabVIEW and LabVIEW RT?
Hello Iman, I will try to illustrate it with an example since it all will depend on the type of application you would like to implement. Let's say you would like to implement an application where you log data, maybe exchange data with databases and you acquire a bunch of data points at a time not performing any type of control and where high determinism is&nbsp;not needed. In this case LabVIEW for Windows work great. If you on the other hand would like to implement a closed-loop application where you need high determinism and reliability and will acquire data point by point you would use LabVIEW RT which is an add-on to LabVIEW. I.e. you need LabVIEW + LabVIEW RT when developing an RT application. ...

Web resources about - Labview Dll call library function Causing Labview to unload - comp.lang.labview

Wave function - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... (a ball attached to a spring ) in classical mechanics (A-B) and quantum mechanics (C-H). In quantum mechanics (C-H), the ball has a wave function ...

Eating chocolate 'improves brain function' - study
... news for those with a sweet tooth - a recent study has found that regular chocolate consumption is associated with better cognitive function. ...

Cisco launches new network functions virtualization infrastructure solution to help service providers ...
Al-Bawaba Cisco launches new network functions virtualization infrastructure solution to help service providers run network ... Al-Bawaba ...

Google Maps for iOS adds detour function, 3D touch support
Google has extended its pit-stop feature the ability to find places to stop off on journeys to iPhone and iPad users with the release of Google ...

LVMH's Hublot May Be Next Brand for Smart Functions, Biver Says
Hublot will probably be the next LVMH watch brand to add smart functions, following TAG Heuer’s footsteps in combining Swiss craftsmanship and ...

Yahoo Begins Grim Job of Closing Functions, Laying Off Staff
Yahoo Food is closing, and other digital magazines on tech, travel and beauty are also scheduled for closing or major cutbacks.

Can Your Organization's Identity And Function Survive Radical Changes? Lessons From The FBI's Evolution ...
How the FBI transformed after 9/11 provides lessons on how to balance organizational structure, function and identity when they become scrambled. ...

‘World Of Warcraft’ Alpha Removes Gold From Garrison Missions, Water Striders No Longer Function Everywhere ...
... build deploying soon to the alpha server, garrison missions no longer reward gold and the water-walking Water Strider mounts no longer function ...

For $2,950, Never Be Embarrassingly Early To Any Function In This 1984 Toyota Corolla Diesel
We all know it’s a ball to drive a slow car fast, and they don’t come much baller than today’s Nice Price or Crack Pipe Corolla with its diesel ...

Watch How An F1 Car's Tires Function As Part Of Their Suspension
... Formula 1 cars have tires with big sidewalls like your grandpa’s Plymouth. But there’s a reason why there’s so much rubber; these tires function ...