Labview program to find the external hardwares connected with the PC

Hai All,

Do any one know how to find the external hardware details connected with our PC (like USB memory stick),  using labview program.

That's completely dependant upon the interface the external hardware uses to connect to the PC, but you can get details of just about anything...Why not just use Windows device manager?
0
x9561 (148441)
4/30/2008 11:40:10 AM
That's assuming the user is running Windows. :smileywink:If you are under Windows you can access this information from the Registry. For example, for USB you can look at the keyHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USB.Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 04-30-2008  10:39 AM
0
x9561 (148441)
4/30/2008 3:40:10 PM
continued <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;thread.id=320567" target="_blank">here</a>
0
x9561 (148441)

Connecting to external Hardware with VISA and LabVIEW through a serial port
Hello, What I want to do is just use my serial port and labVIEW for the interfacing language and control external hardware. If I am correct I need to create a VISA. Do I need to worry about VXI or GPIB? Also I think if I am correct I can use MAX to set up a session but where can I get a good program that will just talk to a given com port, if possible without me having to wire something up to the VI, and if I do have to wire something what would I wire? Thanks very much, ~CalTech Want you will be doing is using the VISA API to communicate with yo...

How can i use labview.tlb to control Labview from an external application?
Hi, I've been told by a labview engineer that i could use the file labview.tlb located in the labview install folder to control labview from an external application (in my case, a C# app). I'm using Labview 6.1 under Windows 2000. This article confirms that: "ActiveX and LabVIEW" http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/5401BE584FBAEECE862567C2006D36C7?opendocument But i've not been able to find out how to use this file to achieve what i want. I just want to be able to open/close labview, open/close a vi, start/stop a vi, hide/show a vi from a C# application. Th...

can I make Labview Exe which can be executed i A PC which is not having labview
hi, &nbsp;I am using lab view&nbsp; 7.1. Can we make a exe or installer, which can be run in a PC which is not having labview installed. If that can be done, please let me know&nbsp;which edition i have to use and how can i do with Regards, Ashok. Under Tools-Build application or shared library, you can build your .exe file. You also have to option to include an installer which installs the necessary LabView dll's. I have the Pro version, however. "budda" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:1174290007790-493593@exchange.ni.com... > hi, > &nbsp;I am using lab view&nbsp; 7.1. Can we make a exe or installer, which > can be run in a PC which is not having labview installed. If that can be > done, please let me know&nbsp;which edition i have to use and how can i do > with Regards, > Ashok. ...

change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW
change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW hi, I am Interfacing a FrameGrabber with LabVIEW using a frame grabber SDK(dll). The memory managment of this FG allow you to allocate your own Array and to give a pointer to this Array to the memory manager. Then when you acquire with the frame grabber, the acquired image will be directly accessible in your array. 1.I give to the FG memory manager a pointer to the Labview array through a SDK Dll function. 2. I run the acquisition 3. I display the array My problem is that the Array is allways displayed with it initial val...

How do you read old Macintosh LabView files in LabView 6.1 for the PC?
I have a LabView application written for a version of LabView that ran on a Macintosh IIci that is no longer in operation. This Labview application is approximately 5 years old. We have LabView 6.1 for the PC. Is there some way to read the old Macintosh LabView files in LabView 6.1 for the PC? How would you recommend getting the files from the Macintosh platform to the PC? LabVIEW has been cross platform since version 3 (partially in version 2.2 and 2.5). LV 6.1 was not around 5 years ago, so the Mac application is probably in an older version. Generally a 1 or 2 version update just requ...

plc PROGRAMMING +LabView programing
Hi , &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Can anyone please tell me if we can get PLC functions from LabView itself ,if,yes,how should we proceed for that ? &nbsp; Thanks &amp; Regards ! sarita bhan Hi , Thanks for your prompt reply. well,I am new in the field of PLCs and don't have much knowledge about them,but, I know this much that PLC can help me in getting data out of a device and display that data on it's monitor .I have already build up an application in LabView wherin I am capturing data from that device on computer using VISA ,and XP OS .Now,I want to ave that application loaded on any PLC which will have XP OS and based upon that data,I should be able to provide control to some drives via PLC. I hope ,I have made my requirement clear . Please guide me how should I proceed. Regards sarita ...

How can I pause a program in LabView with an external digital line?
Hello, this is my first time in a forum and the problem I have is that I have developed a Vision Builder application and have migrated the application to labview.&nbsp; I am using some slides to move a PCB around so a camera can take the correct picture of the PCB and analyze it.&nbsp; I need to use external sensors so if an operator happens to place his/her hand near the slide the program has to Pause, and wait for a resume button to continue with the program.&nbsp; I don't know how to set an interrupt so that it constantly monitors a digital input line from the sensors with a USB-6009.&nbsp; I'm not sure what kind of architecture the vision builder created for you.&nbsp; I would recommend you setup a state machine.&nbsp; You can have the digital line of the USB monitored inside each iteration of the while loop.&nbsp; When that line goes high, you change states to an Idle state until the user hits the continue button.&nbsp; You interface with the USB-6009 using the daqmx driver.&nbsp; Just monitoring a single line on the board is a very simple function.&nbsp; Look at some of the shipping examples to see how to do this. For information on state machines see:&nbsp; <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3024" target="_blank">http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3024</a> or:&nbsp; <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7595" target="_blank">...

RE: LabVIEW with compiled C programs within the Hardware chips.
Hii All:smileyhappy:, &nbsp; I have a prgram in which LabVIEW is doing some measurement by reading C compiled program, which is already downloaded within the chip.Can anyone give me the exact interpretation of the program ,that how LabVIEW reading those compiled files from chips and performing pre determined measurements. &nbsp; &nbsp; Thanks and Regards Puneet Kapoor:manhappy: &nbsp; Dear Sir, First of all, i am very thankful to you for your reply. In this program i have a board with Microprocessor chip,&nbsp; Using LabVIEW we have to perform some measurement test for the board(such as. LED test, ports test) and this board(GPIB) is connected through the USB&nbsp;of the PC. Such test programs are already compiled and downloaded into the microprocessor. Here LabVIEW providing GUI and reading that test programs from the microprocessorm itself, perform test and provide test result as well. So i wish to know that how LabVIEW is reading that program from the chips and do the measurements???? Hope the above information is upto your mark. Thanks and Regards Puneet Kapoor From what I think you are saying, you already have a LabVIEW program that is reading the test results. If you need help in understanding a LabVIEW program that someone else wrote, it would help if you could provide the code (assuming you have the rights to it). Whoever wrote it evidently had an understanding of the self-test programs and the USB protocol implemented so that commands could b...

Re: LabVIEW and LabVIEW RT?
Hello Iman, I will try to illustrate it with an example since it all will depend on the type of application you would like to implement. Let's say you would like to implement an application where you log data, maybe exchange data with databases and you acquire a bunch of data points at a time not performing any type of control and where high determinism is&nbsp;not needed. In this case LabVIEW for Windows work great. If you on the other hand would like to implement a closed-loop application where you need high determinism and reliability and will acquire data point by point you would use LabVIEW RT which is an add-on to LabVIEW. I.e. you need LabVIEW + LabVIEW RT when developing an RT application. ...

How to connect external device with labview DAQ using parallel port?
Hi, &nbsp; i would like to know as to how one can connect an external device using a parallel port for DAQ? &nbsp; Thanks RK ...

Is it my computer or the labview program that is slowed down by this program
When I run this Vi with a large excel file the playback is extremely slow. I don't see why it would be the program, but the file are not that large so it shouldn't be the computer. I have attached the code and a small (book1) and a large ( book8) excel files. &nbsp; Thanks Book8.xls: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/222371/1/Book8.xls testread.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/222371/2/testread.vi Book1.xls: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/222371/3/Book1.xls Neither. It's your code. Specifically:- You're reading the file each time through the loop. Why? Is the data changing? Are you changing filename on the fly? If you are, you should use an event structure. - You don't have a delay inside the loop, so the loop churns away at maximum speed, leaving almost no time to respond to events. Place a wait function inside the loop with a small (say, 50 msec) delay. Better yet, use an event structure. If you do the following two steps you will see the speed increase tremendeously:- Place the file reading outside the loop. - Add a wait function inside the loop. I cannot run your VI because we need the subVI called filename.VI Here are a couple of suggestions. 1. Get rid of all the property nodes and use wires with a shift register and put a small wait in the loop. 2. Dataflow- right now you have race conditions because of all of the property nodes- you have no idea as to which one will operate first if you want to continue to u...

How to open external program (non LV) in LabView 7.1?
Is there a way to open an external program which is not labview related within labview 7.1? &nbsp; For example: Can i open software which watchs a ccd camera from labview? &nbsp; (I'm trying to find ways around having to program more than i need to.....) &nbsp; &nbsp; Oh, and btw thanks to everyone who helped me with my dynamic menu problems.... i have all my menus working now and generating dynamically throughout the program! YAY! &nbsp; thanks, &nbsp; jonathan Use System Exec.vi Function palette =&gt; communication =&gt; System Exec.vi &nbsp; ...

Other Hardware With Labview
Is the NI hardware cost competitive with other vendors products? Comments? Is anyone using other hardware with the NI software? Just wondering if there is any $ to be saved on large projects or multiples of projects. Thanks all. Of cause you can other hardware with labview. Some vendors also have labview vi's to communicate with there hardware. Others allocate dll's which you can use with labview. To the prices of the ni hardware: I think the ni hardware is a little bit more expensive then the hardware of other vendors, but ni delivers high quality hardware and you get an excel...

If i have a labview .vi file(and labview) but i want to open it in a computer that doesn't have labview, how would i do it??
Okay, i have a made a labview program and save it as.vi. &nbsp; Let's say that it is a program that when opened and you hit run it shows a sine wave. &nbsp; Now if i wanted to open up the program without Labview, ( i don't need to modify it) on a computer that doesn't have labview. How would i go about doing this?? &nbsp; Thanks, K ...

LabVIEW
Hi ALL, I am a new user of LabVIEW. I have been assigned to acquire a signal from a sensor at a car. However, all these signals must be filtered. But I am not sure, what type of filter most powerful. Besides, as I know, different type of signal needs differenct type of filter. Anybody can help me to solve my problems. Your kind cooperation is highly appreciated. Regards, M. Firdaus, France Fird wrote: > Hi ALL, > I am a new user of LabVIEW. > I have been assigned to acquire a signal from a sensor at a car. > However, all these signals must be filtered. ...

Is there any direct way to control external running program window with Labview 8.5
Hi all, &nbsp; I have a application which I have to control through my LabVIEW program. LabVIEW program should be able to simulate &amp; automate all the cotrols and data of externally running window. I suppose one of the method is to use Windows API using Call Library node in LabVIEW (which looks combursome). Can any expert&nbsp;suggest more efficient method/idea? &nbsp; Thanks in advance. &nbsp; Nakul ...

Installation of LabView 8 after LabView 6
Good afternoon everybody, &nbsp; I've got a big problem with LabView. The fact is that I begin with this software... I've just installed LabView 8 on a computer where LabView 6 was installed. Once the installation finished, I tried to launch a VI That was developped under the old version. &nbsp; The problem is that two VI can't be found : - AI Sample Channel.vi - AI Acquire Waveform.vi Therefore, I can't use anymore the program that was working before... What is the solution to get everything ok please ? Thank you very much ! SylvianTriquigneaux, the VI will now...

how to make my labview codings as a package for labview
Hello NI, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I made drivers for some thrid party instruments, which is compatable for serial port and&nbsp;Ethernet.&nbsp;I have several vi's for that i cant able to share these vi's to my friends. i just want to build one package of my driver, also i want to install these package to labview user library. &nbsp; Tell me some good suggestion for this. &nbsp; With&nbsp;warm regards, Balaji DP Application Engineer, Gantner&nbsp;Instruments.&nbsp; The easiest way is to do a development distribution (File&gt;&gt;Save As. If your needs are more complex, you can also try <a href="http://jkisoft.com/vipm/" target="_blank">VIPM</a>. I don't&nbsp;think the free version can do this, but it's worth it just for getting the OpenG code. where i can find this development distribution ? is there option available in labview? If you re using LV versions &gt; 7.x, you can create an LLB by using the option Save As... in the Files menu. You have to just open the top-level VI of that driver (or something) &amp; go on to build the LLB. All other VIs will get added/bundled into it automatically. :smileyhappy: In LV 7.x, I think it ll be under the Tools &gt;&gt; Build Source Distribution menu... balaji_dp@yahoo.com wrote:Hello NI, &nb...

Labview.lib was not calld from a labview process
I am working with our labview programers to create a Labview DLL that will be called from Labview and VB6. The code works fine with Labview but I keep getting Fatal Error: Labview.lib was not calld from a labview process. I have checked the versions of development software and the runtime versions that we are using and they matche 8.0.1. We have also preformed a mass compile of the DLL with no change. &nbsp; Are there any other steps that we can take to solve this problem??? &nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A4C3AEF93240280A86256931006FB66C?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A4C3AEF93240280A86256931006FB66C?OpenDocument</a> &nbsp;Just to make sure you know of this article, I hope its a new one and else we can look further.<a href="http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about566915.html" target="_blank">http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about566915.html</a> Another discussion regarding the same error message.<a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A4C3AEF93240280A86256931006FB66C?OpenDocument" target="_blank"></a> Message Edited by andre.buurman@carya on 06-04-2008 08:02 PM <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=127655&amp;query.id=62975#M127655" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=...

Calling a LabView DLL from a Labview VI
Hi, I have a vi that is calling a Labview DLL and they both have a same subVI. If I drop that SubVI into the block diagram first then drop in the Call Library Function Node, when I run the VI, the DLL would not work and it did not give me any error. Does anyone know how fix this problem with Labview? or is there some configuration that I can force the all of that SubVI points into the DLL. Thanks for your help, Dan ...

triggering the data acquision on an analog channel by using external trigger (PFI0/AI start trig) with Labview signal express and PCI 6251 and SCB-68pin E series connections.
how can I trigger the data acquision on an analog input channel by using external trigger (PFI0/AI start trig) with Labview signal express and PCI 6251 and SCB-68pin E series connections. &nbsp; I mean data acquision of the analog input channel will not be realised continuously but will be triggered by an external pulse train. &nbsp; is it possible by using ONLY Labview signal express (not other Labview solutions)? &nbsp; thanks! Greetings Sir, I noticed that you also opened a post in the Multifunction DAQ thread. Since that is a more suitable place for DAQ-questions, I will answer you <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&amp;message.id=41344" target="_blank">there</a>. Kind Regards,WouterNational Instruments ...

Re: When do you need to use other programming langauge instead of pure labview programming
Hi Enrique, I was reading your message and its sounds good to me.Infact I was looking around some hints for&nbsp;the same problem. I am thinking to use a device called 'Temote Invent' (Wireless sensor&nbsp;device;control platform TinyOS/Cygwin&nbsp;) (for more info:<a href="http://www.moteiv.com/products/tmoteinvent.php" target="_blank">http://www.moteiv.com/products/tmoteinvent.php</a>) and I need to control this device using LabVIEW!! Could you tell me which is the best way to do this?(Application is remotely patient monitoring). &nbsp; Another thing is I am thinking to use a robot head and controller (More info. is given below)&nbsp;in my research application. The manufacturer will provide the SDK (API) for this. My question is is it possible to control this device using Lab View??Please say some details. (SDK/API ref link is: <a href="http://www.drrobot.com/products/item_downloads/PMS5005_3.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.drrobot.com/products/item_downloads/PMS5005_3.pdf</a>) &nbsp; ( Controller Info.:The PMS5005 Robot Sensing/Motion Controller can be used as sensing, control, motion execution, LCD display and wireless communication processing unit for various robotic applications. Its onboard firmware makes the low level function modules such as motor driver module and wireless communication module transparent to the users. The PMS5005 board by itself can already drive 6 sta...

Error Code &quot;1097.....this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory..........&quot; appears after exit the labview and re-start labview
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a probelm when I use the "tool/import shared library(.dll)" wizard&nbsp;to generate the&nbsp;API from C. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The API &nbsp;works correctly when I complete the wizard, but after I exit labview and re-start labview to run&nbsp;the API&nbsp;again. The error 1097 code "......this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory.............."appears. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The only solution now is to re-generate or update the wizard to&nbsp;generate the API. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I try to find the answer in &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/58596F5D41CE8EFB862562AF0074E04C?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/58596F5D41CE8EFB862562AF0074E04C?OpenDocument</a>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The paragraph in above article shows ........................... &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "LabVIEW does not crash until it is closedThe most likely problem is that the DLL function being called has corrupted th...

LabVIEW real time vs LabVIEW desktop
By my understanding, compact field point need LabVIEW real time. My question is: Does LabVIEW real time have the same function as the desktop LabVIEW? For Example, LabVIEW PDA module has less function than the desktop LabVIEW. Yes you have the same functionality as LV. You can develop like normally in LV and then you will target a real time system. This will then download the vi that you created and allow you to run this vi on the target. ...

Web resources about - Labview program to find the external hardwares connected with the PC - comp.lang.labview

Graphics hardware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
integrated and dedicated. An integrated graphics card, usually by Intel for use in their computers, is bound to the motherboard and shares RAM ...

Bunnings could be set to face a new force in hardware
... Dick Smith into a $520 million sharemarket sensation is hatching a plan to bring together Australia's two biggest, independent hardware chains ...

Bunnings could be set to face a new force in hardware
... Smith into a $520 million sharemarket sensation is hatching a plan to bring together Australia's two biggest, independent hardware chains to ...

Building a (sub-$1000) Hackintosh that meets the Oculus Rift hardware requirements – Part II
In part I of our Hackintosh tutorial , we discussed our choice of hardware and the reasons behind those decisions. The main goal was to create ...

Ace Hardware Debuts First Work from O'Keefe Reinhard & Paul
The new campaign features its friendly, stick-in-your-head jingle "Ace is the place with the helpful hardware folks," and includes real Ace store ...

DARPA to host killer “Improv” performances with hacked hardware
... Defense Science Office is preparing for an alternative sort of "improv" performance. DARPA is inviting researchers, developers, and hardware-hacking ...

Xbox One hardware upgrades could extend the life of Microsoft’s console
For decades, the video game console has been a transient purchase. From the moment you set up an Atari or an NES or a PlayStation in your living ...

Google joins Facebook's game-changing project that's eating the $140 billion hardware market
If the hardware industry was nervous about Facebook's game-changing Open Compute Project before, it should now be downright terrified now: Google ...

How to use Apple Diagnostics to identify Mac hardware problems
... are usually pretty reliable, but when they do go wrong the Apple Diagnostics tool should help you figure out if you have a software or a hardware ...

Hyrule Warriors Legends is a grim warning against revised hardware
When Microsoft first announced that it was considering modular revisions for Xbox One hardware, I was actually somewhat on board with the idea. ...