LabVIEW

Hi ALL,

I am a new user of LabVIEW.
I have been assigned to acquire a signal from a sensor at a car.
However, all these signals must be filtered.

But I am not sure, what type of filter most powerful. Besides, as I
know, different type of signal needs differenct type of filter.

Anybody can help me to solve my problems.

Your kind cooperation is highly appreciated.

Regards,

M. Firdaus,
France

Fird wrote:
> Hi ALL,
> I am a new user of LabVIEW.
> I have been assigned to acquire a signal from a sensor at a car.
> However, all these signals must be filtered.
>
> But I am not sure, what type of filter most powerful. Besides, as I
> know, different type of signal needs difference type of filter.
> Anybody can help me to solve my problems.
> Your kind cooperation is highly appreciated.
> Regards,
> M. Firdaus,
> France

1) assuming the signal is analog, connect an analog or high frequency digital oscilloscope or signal analyzer and get an idea of the amplitude and frequency content of the signal and any noise that might be on that channel.

2) once you have that information, you can select an appropriate filter.  Note that you may require an anti-aliasing "analog" filter, prior to sampling to avoid any noise aliasing issues.

3) If the noise is tied to engine speed, (for example the ignition system), then you may need a tracking filter that varies its notch frequency with the speed of the engine.  But if your only interested in slow or DC measurements a low pass filter or averaging might suffice.

60Hz noise isn't typically a problem in car.
0
Freelance