MAX can't find Agilent 82357A GPIB/USB converter

I'm having intermittent problems communicating with my Agilent 34970a through the Agilent GPIB/USB converter. My Labview 8.5 program uses the Agilent Initialize vi, and cannot recognize the GPIB/USB converter unless I first run the Agilent communication wizard, which successfully communicates with it,then my LV program and/or MAX can see it. Sometimes while debugging my LV program I lose comm, then have to run Agilent wizard, or unplug/replug the USB cable to re-establish comm. I've been on the phone with Agilent tech help who, after trying a lot of things, suggests I update my Agiletn I/O s/w and my NI-MAX.
First question is where can I get a MAX update/download? I'm currently using ver 4.4of1. Second question is, any idea what's going on? I've tried a different GPIB/USB converter with no success. When I launch my LV program I get the error message "Error 1073807264
0
x9561 (148440)

moved to <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;thread.id=330482" target="_blank">here</a>
0
x9561 (148440)

MAX can't see my Agilent 82357A GPIB/USB converter
I have a LV 8.5 program that talks to an Agilent 34970A through the subject converter and generally works well except I often lose comm. Also when I first start my LV program it can't establish comm until I run the Agilent Connection Wizard, then LV and MAX comm ok with it. I've tried a different converter with same results. I'm using the Agilent Initialize vi, which is where the error occurs. The error I get is "Error 1073870264 occurred at VISA Clear in HP34970A Initialize.vi.....(Hex 0xBFFF00600) The interface associated with this session is not currently the controller in ...

GPIB instruments connected through Agilent USB/GPIB Interface can bee seen in MAX but can't communicate in labview
I have an Agilent 82357B USB/GPIB Interface connected to my computer.&nbsp; Attached to that, I have two lock-in amplifiers (an SR830, and an SR 850).&nbsp; I would like to be able to communicate with them through GPIB. I have downloaded and installed the software for the Agilent device (Agilent IO Control), and I can see the interface and the two devices in that software.&nbsp; Here's what is configured in this software, that I can see: - The VISA interface ID is GPIB0, and its address is 0 - The VISA addresses of the devices are GPIB0::4::INSTR and GPIB::12::INSTR, and t...

I can't find a LabVIEW driver for Agilent 8156A Optical Attenuator, please help!!
I can't find a LabVIEW driver for Agilent 8156A Optical Attenuator, please help!! Is there any one who can help me on this? I will appreciate this a lots , thank you, :smileysad: The programming guide for 8156A is as follows <a href="http://www.artisan-scientific.com/info/Agilent_8156A_Operating_Programming_Guide.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.artisan-scientific.com/info/Agilent_8156A_Operating_Programming_Guide.pdf</a> Anyone has the command set for 8157A? The command set of 8156A is different from the one of 8157A. &nbsp; 8157A command set is very ...

Can't Use OnCurrent Event / Can't Find Macro
I have run into a sudden problem and thought I'd see if anyone else has ran into this. Out of nowhere (sort-of) I am not able to access the OnCurrent event on a subform. I, of course, can write code for the event, but [Event Procedure] under OnCurrent does not show up on the properties of the subform, and the event does not fire. When this problem happened, it seems to have also generated an error while changing records in the Main Form. The error is "...can't find the macro ".". At least I think their related...both started at the same time. I have never used a macro...

Can't Find Answer Any Where (What would you do/try): fopen ("file on shared drive","w+") doesn't work on 2nd call using Windows LabView DDL
Hello, I have a shared drive on SGI, Linux, and Windows. The fact that I'm using a shared drive may be mute information. The problem is within the same program a second call to fopen does not create a file if the file has been deleted. I would like to use fopen for its pointer return value to solve this. What is the best way to fix this problem? The reason I want to do this is I do not want to exit completely from LabView and then re-enter it to create the file! I talked to my system person and he said something "like" this. That it is a caching problem. Windows has the fil...

OSX: Can't install RMagick. Can't find the ImageMagick lib
Hi all I'm trying to install RMagick because one of my used plugins for RoR needs it. But I have no idea how to do this. So I just tried sudo gem install rmagick But I'm getting the following error: Building native extensions. This could take a while... ERROR: Error installing rmagick: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension. /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby extconf.rb install rmagick checking for Ruby version >= 1.8.2... yes checking for gcc... yes checking for Magick-config... yes checking for ImageMagick version >= 6.3.0... yes c...

Palm can't find com port to synch. I can't either.
Hi. I just got a palm IIIxe. It has a serial connection. When I try to synch, it can't find the computer, and it gave an error message about the com port being busy or not available. I opened the hotsynch on the laptop, and it only showed com 3 Com 1 seemed missing. Is there a way to see what com 1 is being used for? And are com ports numbered 1 and 3? Thanks Jim I wish you luck in getting this "ancient" palm device to work with XP's interpretation of Com ports. Yes there is com 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may want to search Microsoft's web site for inform...

can't run a built application because it can't find Run-Time engine
Let's start at the begining.... everything was working fine, and then I started getting an&nbsp;error 2 (memory is full) while compiling any application.&nbsp; I couldn't resolve the issue but the same applications would compile on another machine, so I uninstalled every National Instrument software from Control Panel (add remove programs), and deleted the c:\Program Files\National Instruments directory.&nbsp; I then reinstall the Labview 8.0 Prof Dev system,&nbsp; and performed the labview 8.0.1 upgrade.&nbsp; I can now open and compile applications,&nbsp; but ...

mplayer can't play "link," and I can't find the real one
I'm trying to listen to my football game, but I can't get mplayer to cooperate. I'm trying to play a link from http://knbr.com/listenNow.html without much luck (I want the link from the right for the 1050 station). The button link is javascript:openplayer('http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/player/pages/index.asp?headertext=KNBR 1050 The Sports Leader&Station=KTCT_AM'); so I try mplayer "http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/player/pages/index.asp?headertext=KNBR 1050 The Sports Leader&Station=KTCT_AM" and after some whirring...

Can't find 'boot_DBD__mysql'
Hi, I have a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.4 I have apache 2.2 and am running the most current version of mySQL. I cannot get DBD::mysql to install. I have downloaded the perl module form CPAN and tried both automated and manual installations. During the make test step the module fails and gives me the following error. Can't find 'boot_DBD__mysql' symbol in /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle at /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Mysql.pm line 13 As far as I can tell the path is correct and I have not tried to install it anywh...

svn: Can't create a converter from 'UTF-8' to 'native'
I have subversion on sun solaris. First, I need to create a respository as below: svnadmin create /usr/local/repos --fs-type fsfs and I got an error as below: svnadmin create /usr/local/repos --fs-type fsfs I have been looking for book, intenet and the web site help http://subversion.tigris.org/. But I don't have any clues. Please help. Thanks in advance. ...

Getting Error can't find '__main__' module in 'X'
Hey I am newbie in python.I have installed python 2.7.5 correctly.It is working fine but I am having some issues.I have set windows Enviroment variables. The problem is when I try to save my program in a folder(C:\Users\John\X)it shows that module error but when I save it outside this X folder ( C:\Users\John ) It runs successfully.How to fix it? On 06/02/2013 07:04 AM, meakaakka wrote: > Hey I am newbie in python.I have installed python 2.7.5 correctly.It is working fine but I am having some issues.I have set windows Enviroment variables. Please be a lot more specific. Do you have ...

Can't find Paradox converter.
I work part time at a local Advice center. They use a DOS Paradox Runtime program to record client data. I understand I should be able to import the Paradox data into Access. The MS help file explains what to do BUT there is no Paradox import option in the drop down list. I've check both Office 2000 CD's and all converters are installed. They is no converter for Paradox in any case. Is the Paradox converter on the CD somewhere else or will I have to download. If so could some body tell me where. Also is there anything else I should be aware of in getting the transfer ...

Can't find 'Prototype' syntax in JavaScript Bible'
'JavaScript Bible' v6 by Danny Goodman doesn't seem to describe the snytax used in Prototype.js. Namely, I could not find discussion of 'Object.extend' and the ':' feature (e.g., 'toColorPart:'), as in: Object.extend(Number.prototype, { toColorPart: function() { var digits = this.toString(16); if (this < 16) return '0' + digits; return digits; }, Similarly (or perhaps, not so similar), what this is about: var Try = { these: function() { .... } } Can someone please tell me where to find this in the book, or if it's n...

Web resources about - MAX can't find Agilent 82357A GPIB/USB converter - comp.lang.labview