MAX can't see my Agilent 82357A GPIB/USB converter

I have a LV 8.5 program that talks to an Agilent 34970A through the subject converter and generally works well except I often lose comm. Also when I first start my LV program it can't establish comm until I run the Agilent Connection Wizard, then LV and MAX comm ok with it. I've tried a different converter with same results. I'm using the Agilent Initialize vi, which is where the error occurs. The error I get is "Error 1073870264 occurred at VISA Clear in HP34970A Initialize.vi.....(Hex 0xBFFF00600) The interface associated with this session is not currently the controller in charge. "
I've been on the phone with Agilent tech help and we've tried lots of things, and finally he suggests updating the Agilent I/O s/w, as well as NI-MAX. My MAX rev is 4.4of1. My first question is where/how do I download an update for MAX? and second question is, what's my problem?  I can always get my LV program and MAX to recognize the converter ONLY after I run the Agilent Connection Wizard OR unplug/replug the USB cable, and that's getting to be a real pain.
0
x9561 (148440)

If it is in the cards, you may consider NI's <a href="http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/201586" target="_blank">USB to GPIB adapter</a>, at least that way you are guarnteed that it will work with LabVIEW (no, I don't work for them). Have you seen <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F7C187DBF09EBE1186256F550065BD32?OpenDocument" target="_blank">this link</a>? If I'm not mistaken NI-MAX (Measurement &amp; Automation Explorer) is installed along with NI-DAQmx, could be wrong.Let us know how it goes.Message Edited by ajckson on 06-10-2008  04:31 PM
0
x9561 (148440)
6/10/2008 9:40:07 PM
Thanks for the tips ajckson. We've been using the Agilent adaptors quite successfully for the past few years until now. I checked the link you suggested, and I do have Tulip enabled, but didn't have 'enable Agilent GPIB cards for 488 programs' checked. We never had to do that before, so I checked it, now I can't get LV or MAX to recognize the GPIB converter even WITH running the Agilent Connection Expert, so I'm changing it back.
Before I go through the download and installation of NI-DAQmx, can anyone confirm that MAX is included in that?
Thanks again for your help.
0
x9561 (148440)
6/11/2008 1:40:05 PM
MAX is included with DAQmx but you don't need to install that. You should first see it there is an update to NI-VISA.
0
x9561 (148440)
6/11/2008 1:40:06 PM
Last week I updated my NI-VISA to v4.3. My current MAX is 4.4of1. Do I have the latest MAX, and how do I know what version is the latest?
0
x9561 (148440)
6/11/2008 2:10:06 PM
If you got the latest version of NI-VISA, then your version of MAX is probably current.
I really don't know what the problem could be except for some incompatibility between the latest versions of the agilent and NI software that you have. I have not had to use an Agilent GPIB controller in several years when I inherited some. I never thought it made any sense to use Agilent controllers with LabVIEW. The small difference in price did not make up for the time required to do the additional setup. Wish I could help more.
0
x9561 (148440)
6/11/2008 2:10:11 PM
I think DAQmx is currently at <a href="http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/965/lang/en" target="_blank">8.7.1</a>, dont know what version of MAX is included, but if your DAQmx isnt 8.7.1, probably isnt a bad idea to upgrade. 4.3 is the latest VISA, should be ok there.&nbsp; Do you have 488.2 installed?&nbsp; The latest version is 2.5, <a href="http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/335/lang/en" target="_blank">it is here</a>.&nbsp; I'm not 100% if you need it, but it comes with all GPIB cards from NI, you might try it. Good luck.
0
x9561 (148440)
Had the same problem a while ago. Here's what I did with Agilent 82357B..
1. Download and Install Agilent IO libraries suite 15 --&gt; <a href="http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/product.jspx?cc=US&amp;lc=eng&amp;ckey=1249127&amp;nid=-536900532.731306.00&amp;id=1249127&amp;cmpid=20610" target="_blank">http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/product.jspx?cc=US&amp;lc=eng&amp;ckey=1249127&amp;nid=-536900532.731306.00&amp;id=1249127&amp;cmpid=20610</a>
2. Set Agilent VISA&nbsp;to secondary
3. Enable VISA Tulip (as you have done already)
4. Hope it works :smileywink:
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
0
x9561 (148440)

MAX can't find Agilent 82357A GPIB/USB converter
I'm having intermittent problems communicating with my Agilent 34970a through the Agilent GPIB/USB converter. My Labview 8.5 program uses the Agilent Initialize vi, and cannot recognize the GPIB/USB converter unless I first run the Agilent communication wizard, which successfully communicates with it,then my LV program and/or MAX can see it. Sometimes while debugging my LV program I lose comm, then have to run Agilent wizard, or unplug/replug the USB cable to re-establish comm. I've been on the phone with Agilent tech help who, after trying a lot of things, suggests I update my Agiletn I/O s/w and my NI-MAX. First question is where can I get a MAX update/download? I'm currently using ver 4.4of1. Second question is, any idea what's going on? I've tried a different GPIB/USB converter with no success. When I launch my LV program I get the error message "Error 1073807264 moved to <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;thread.id=330482" target="_blank">here</a> ...

GPIB instruments connected through Agilent USB/GPIB Interface can bee seen in MAX but can't communicate in labview
I have an Agilent 82357B USB/GPIB Interface connected to my computer.&nbsp; Attached to that, I have two lock-in amplifiers (an SR830, and an SR 850).&nbsp; I would like to be able to communicate with them through GPIB. I have downloaded and installed the software for the Agilent device (Agilent IO Control), and I can see the interface and the two devices in that software.&nbsp; Here's what is configured in this software, that I can see: - The VISA interface ID is GPIB0, and its address is 0 - The VISA addresses of the devices are GPIB0::4::INSTR and GPIB::12::INSTR, and the GPIB addresses are 4 and 12 In Measerment and Automation Explorer (MAX), I made sure that the Passport for Tulip box was checked.&nbsp; Once it was, I could see the devices in the Configuration window under Devices and Interfaces -&gt; Miscellaneous VISA Resources.&nbsp; There, I see GPIB0::INTFC, GPIB0::4::INSTR and GPIB::12::INSTR. I can right click on either of the instruments, and "Open VISA Test Panel" where I am successfully able to send commands and read from both devices. HOWEVER, when I am running an actual LabView program, I am unable to communicate with the devices.&nbsp; For example, when I try to communicate to the devices through VISA, using the 'Basic Serial Write and Read.vi' (while VISA Resource Name is GPIB0::12::INSTR), I get an error: Error -1073807331 occurred at Property Node (arg 2) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr)...

SQL Server Management Studio can't 'see' the 2005 engine?? But can see 2000 ?!?
Hello, I had SQL2000 server running fine on the windows 2003 box. I then installed SQL 2005 Express. They both worked together fine. I then uninstalled SQL 2005 Express and installed SQL 2005 Server. But when I open SQL Server Management Studio, I can only connect to the SQL 2000 engine. In the Object explorer, it says v8.0.2039 (which I think is SQL 2000 Server, because I can see the existing SQL 2000 databases). How can I get SQL Server Management Studio to 'see' the SQL 2005 database engine so I can create tables? I *think* its running because there is the 'sqlservr.exe...

Can't see computer hardwired to router, can see wireless computers
I have a network with one desktop, two laptops, and d-link di-624 router. Desktop (98se) is hardwired to router. One laptop (98 se) has d-link dwl g650 adapter. Other laptop (xp-home) has built-in Atheros adapter. All three do internet just fine. Laptops can see each other just fine. Laptop with d-link adapter and desktop can see each other fine. Problems are with laptop with xp (built-in Atheros) and desktop. Laptop doesn't see desktop at all nor the printer attached to it. I'm getting a message at that machine saying network cable not connected. Desktop sees laptop in...

Graphic Converter can't see my scanner
Anyone any idea why GC 6.0.2 can't see my Microtek Filmscan 2700? If I go: File -> acquire -> TWAIN device then TWAIN device is greyed out. Photoshop Elements 2.0 can see it no problem. I need this to move to Leopard since PE 2.0 don't work under Leopard. This is under 10.4.11 and using the latest driver I could find (7th Sept 07 from scanace). TIA, tim Tim Streater <timstreater@waitrose.com> wrote: > Photoshop Elements 2.0 can see it no problem. I need this to move to > Leopard since PE 2.0 don't work under Leopard. Thanks for that, as I was about to...

Labview can't see global channels
This is the first time I have used DAQmx, so apologies if I'm doing something really stupid... &nbsp; I'm using a PCI-6221. I have configured a number of global virtual channels. However, when I try to access any of them in Labview, they are not there. If I use Get Channel Information.vi, it always returns error -10003. If I try AI Acquire Waveform.vi, running it as a stand-alone vi, when I click on the channel input selector and choose Browse, I see "Select Names", and an empty listbox. &nbsp; This is a brand new install of Labview 7.1. I'm using Nidaq 7, version...

I can see qdisc/prio/bfifo filled by datas but can't see any traffic prioritization
Hi, My gateway server (192.168.0.1) is also a brutal adsl up/downloader. I want my local network clients to get though this brute box without being slowed. I used iptables to mark the packets and a prio root qdisc with 3 bfifo queues with 3 filters : # iptables script on the gateway iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -s 192.168.0.10 -o ppp+ -j MARK --set-mark 5 iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -s 192.168.0.11 -o ppp+ -j MARK --set-mark 6 iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -o ppp+ -j MARK --set-mark 7 # tc script on the gateway tc qdisc add dev ppp0 root handle 1: prio tc qdisc add dev ppp0 parent 1:1 handle 10: bfifo limit 10000000 tc qdisc add dev ppp0 parent 1:2 handle 20: bfifo limit 1000 tc qdisc add dev ppp0 parent 1:3 handle 30: bfifo limit 1000 tc filter add dev ppp0 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 handle 5 fw flowid 1:1 tc filter add dev ppp0 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 handle 6 fw flowid 1:2 tc filter add dev ppp0 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 handle 7 fw flowid 1:3 ------------- It seems that the routing works accordingly. See the stats given by : iptables -t mangle -L -v --line-numbers tc -s -d qdisc show Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 878 packets, 654K bytes) num pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination 1 521 632K MARK all -- any ppp+ bigpc.home anywhere MARK set 0x5 2 0 0 MARK all -- any ppp+ pthp.home anywhere MARK set 0x6 Chain OUTPUT (policy ...

Can't 'see' HP7410 memory_card from one computer..
Perhaps some kind soul here might be able to help me resolve this issue. I have installed the HP7410 printer software to three laptops in my home office. On *one* laptop, however, when I try to access the network volume that's created at \\printeradddress\memory_card I get the message "An error occurred while reconnecting Z to \\printeradddress\memory_card Microsoft Windows Network - Windows cannot find the network path. Verify that the network path is correct and the destination computer is not busy or turned off. If Windows still cannot find the network path, contact your network administrator. The connection has not been restored." I have NO idea what's installed different on the one laptop when compared to the others but it's really frustrating. Can anyone here make any suggestions? I've tried un-installing and re-installing the drivers, turning off the firewall, but nothing seems to help. -- Thanks to Google Groups - I now MISS AOL users... :( ...

Messages . . . Now you see them . . . Now you don't . . . Guess Epson can't stand criticism
Isn't it amazing how a message critical of Epson can vanish soon after posting to this newsgroup . . . or maybe an Epson sympathiser had a hand in deleting the message. I can still see loads of messages in here that are critical of Epson. Hey if they all dissappeared the NG would be allmost empty! CrimsonLiar "Raymond Owen" <raymwo@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:40761d03_1@news.iprimus.com.au... > Isn't it amazing how a message critical of Epson can vanish soon after > posting to this newsgroup . . . or maybe an Epson sympathiser had a hand in > deleting the message. > > In article <40761d03_1@news.iprimus.com.au>, "Raymond Owen" <raymwo@iprimus.com.au> wrote: > Isn't it amazing how a message critical of Epson can vanish soon after > posting to this newsgroup . . . OK, now, put your foil helmet and repeat after me: no one is cancelling Usenet posts. It's very, VERY difficult to do this. Maybe impossible. Can you give us an example of one of these posts? I'll go look it up for you. You *do* know that your newsreader marks a message as having been read and then doesn't show it to you again, don't you? You can tell your newsreader not to do that, but it makes reading news a whole lot harder. You can also tell your newsreader to go back and fetch things that it's already marked as having been read. You can also go to Go...

Can't see a shared USB printer from 9.1
USB printer shared from Intel iMac. I can see it from my PBook (10.4.6) but cannot from the USB Printer Sharing control panel on my OS 9.1 Mac. The instructions here <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107060> refer to using Classic on the OS X box to enable printer sharing to OS 9, but obviously that's not possible on my iMac. Is there another solution? I can't share the printer off the OS 9 Mac as it does not have built-in USB. On Sat, 6 May 2006 19:36:36 -0400, Dave Balderstone wrote (in article <060520061736362146%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca&...

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...

TypeError: Can't convert 'int' object to str implicitly
Hey, Let me explain what my program is supposed to do... I am using a macro program in conjunction with a python script I am writing= .. The macro inputs data into a database we use at my job, blah blah blah. The script asks how many numbers (devices) you need to enter. Next, it asks= you to input the device numbers. When you input them, it creates a list wi= th all of the devices. I then tell it to go into the script of the Macro (f= irstdev.ahk) that will run on the back-end, and replace the word "device" w= ith the first device in the list. It then should execute the Macro, change = the device number back to the word "Device" for future use, and then delete= the first number from the list. It will repeat as long as there are number= s in the list. The error I receive is "TypeError: Can't convert 'int' object to str implic= itly" when it tries to put the device into the macro script. It worked fine= when I just had it input one device into the script without the use of lis= ts, but for whatever reason, using a list does not play nice with replacing= the words "Device" with the number from the list. Here is my script. I wil= l give you up until the part that the error occurs, as everything afterword= s is pointless. I am fairly new to python, so if anything looks screwed up or like I am an = idiot, it is because I am. import fileinput, sys, os devlist =3D [] maxdev =3D int(input("...

I can't get the uppercase letter to convert to the lower case level (Please don't bait Han from China)
Given the following... #include <ctype.h> #include <stdio.h> #ifdef MIXED_CASE_LOGINS #define lc(x) (isupper(x) ? tolower(x) : (x)) #else #define lc(x) (x) #endif void change(char *name) { char buf[BUFSIZ]; sprintf(buf, "%c", lc(name[0])); printf("%s\n", name); } int main(void) { char me[]="Chad"; change(me); return 0; } I get.... [cdalten@localhost oakland]$ gcc -g -Wall cap.c -o cap [cdalten@localhost oakland]$ ./cap Chad How come the output shows 'Chad' and not 'chad'? .. Chad wrote: > Given the following....

Which steps are necessary to use Agilent 82357A USB/GPIB Interface with NI MAX 4.0?
Hi everyone! &nbsp; I�m currently facing a problem which I can�t find its solution! I need to use an Agilent 82357A USB/GPIB Interface with NI MAX and I can�t make it happen ! I�ve already tried the steps given by other&nbsp; users who faced the same problem but it didn�t work, i.e., I installed Agilent driver as secondary VISA and checked the NiVisatullip.dll option under the Tools &gt; NI - VISA &gt; VISA Options &gt; My System &gt; General Settings &gt; Passports. What is going wrong? Should I use another version of NI-VISA? Of NI- MAX? Of Agilent driver? Geez .....

I can't find a LabVIEW driver for Agilent 8156A Optical Attenuator, please help!!
I can't find a LabVIEW driver for Agilent 8156A Optical Attenuator, please help!! Is there any one who can help me on this? I will appreciate this a lots , thank you, :smileysad: The programming guide for 8156A is as follows <a href="http://www.artisan-scientific.com/info/Agilent_8156A_Operating_Programming_Guide.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.artisan-scientific.com/info/Agilent_8156A_Operating_Programming_Guide.pdf</a> Anyone has the command set for 8157A? The command set of 8156A is different from the one of 8157A. &nbsp; 8157A command set is very ...

Maple9 Can't run, can't re-install
-I installed the maple-9 on laptop without any problem. But when I run it, nothing happens. -I tried to uninstall it with start->settings->control panel->add/remove program->maple9, the "add/remove program" freeze (for long--------). All other programs still work at that time (computer is not froozen). -I tried to shut down the computer, it needs to 'end' the 'un-installation' -I tried to re-install the maple9 from the original CD, nothing happens. -With 'autorun', it runs a few seconds and nothing happens. -Tried to installed it ...

python3; ftplib: TypeError: Can't convert 'bytes' object to str implicitly
This is the code I run (python 3.3) host = ... user = ... passwd = ... from ftplib import FTP ftp = FTP(host, user, passwd) ftp.mkd(b'NewDir') ftp.rmd(b'NewDir') This is the traceback Traceback (most recent call last): File "ftp-problem", line 9, in <module> ftp.mkd(b'NewDir') File "/usr/lib/python3.3/ftplib.py", line 612, in mkd resp = self.voidcmd('MKD ' + dirname) TypeError: Can't convert 'bytes' object to str implicitly The problem is that I do something like this in a backup progra...

[Info-Ingres] Error: Can't convert column 'remark_language' to tuple format
Dear friends I am very new to ingres I have unloaded the database using unloaddb -c dbname and i tranfered the backup file using ftp to another server in ASCII mode when i am trying to load the database in Linux pc i am getting the error E_CO0039 copy: error processing row1, can't convert column 'remark_language' to tuple format Any suggestion from you is help ful to me With regards __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com ...

serial error -1073807202 LabView 7.1 can't communicate with USB-serial adapter?
Hello community, &nbsp; I can't get LabView 7.1 to read data from the serial port. If I use the original examples, the examples given hier, VISA or not, I just get the error -1073807202 straight&nbsp;after the Configure vi. Is it possible that LabView just can't communicate with Serial&lt;-&gt;USB adapters? &nbsp; The configuration should be correct: Everything is default, except for the baud rate. It is 38400 bps. Also, I *can* read characters via Win32 CreateFile() and friends. It also works with Hyperterminal. I use WinXP Pro if that matters. And yes, I use the correct COM port (COM4), I always verify that in the device manager. &nbsp; Any help? &nbsp; Best regards &nbsp; Johannes &nbsp; The error means that you don't have VISA installed. It's on the device drivers CD. &nbsp; Hello Dennis, thanks very much for your help. Installing the VISA driver did the trick. &nbsp; Johannes &nbsp; ...

Added some debugging stuff under net/ipv4, I can see the new function in System.map file, I can't see that under /proc/ksyms once I loaded new kernel, why?
Added some debugging stuff under net/ipv4, I can see the new function name in System.map file, I can't see that under /proc/ksyms once I loaded new kernel, why?. All the symbols in System.map file should be under /proc/ksyms right, Is there any configuration I have to do. Thanks. ...

Can't see my DNS's

Stumped
They say a picture is worth a thousand words - So here's the picture (OK, would you believe a < 100K PDF screenshot of my Xcode window?) <http://home.comcast.net/~dakiddfishhook/Problem.pdf> Comments in it give the details, and I think I've managed to make everything that's relevant visible. Needless to say, this one is a stumper for me. Any help out there? -- Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn't on my whitelist, or the subject of the message doesn't contain the exact text "PopperAndShadow" somewhere, any message sent to this address will go in the garbage without my ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd> for more info Don Bruder <dakidd@sonic.net> wrote: > They say a picture is worth a thousand words - So here's the picture > (OK, would you believe a < 100K PDF screenshot of my Xcode window?) > > <http://home.comcast.net/~dakiddfishhook/Problem.pdf> > > Comments in it give the details, and I think I've managed to make > everything that's relevant visible. Needless to say, this one is a > stumper for me. Any help out there? Could it be that you defined 'isTheValueAtIndex:::' on TableViewController, when you really want in in NSDictionaryAdditions? (as an aside, naming an NSDictionary ivar 'ItemList' is a bit confusing) patrick In article <oPydnXfXpYWwIh...

Agilent 34970A and Agilent 82357A GPIB/USB cable.
Its almost 7 years later and Im using an Agilent 34970A and trying to communicate with&nbsp;it using an Agilent 82357A GPIB/USB cable. The downloaded VIs for the 34970A are giving me heck with the VISA Resource name and I also get an error as I pass throught the VISA Open VI.&nbsp; This is all in the Initialization VI. Anyone have any experience with these two pieces of hardware and LV code that works well?&nbsp; By the way the 34970A and the 82357A work great with Agilent's Benchlink Datalogger. ...

I can see, but someone else can't
I distilled two different documents made in PageMaker 6.5 to pdf using CutePDF and I can see everything just fine, but when I uploaded the artwork to a third party, he couldn't see some of the fonts. So I went to another computer here at work and tried to view the pdf's knowing that the fonts didn't exist on that system and I was able to see the files just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions. -- Gary Northwest Print Solutions, Inc. A Solution To All Your Printing And Copying Needs! (800) 956-7774 Toll (503) 357-7373 Phone (503) 357-2810 Fax ...

Web resources about - MAX can't see my Agilent 82357A GPIB/USB converter - comp.lang.labview