measureing heart rate

Hi

I am trying to measure the heart rate of an ECG signal.  My data comes from a .csv file which I input into an array.  I am using the pulse measurement function to obtain period, then
manipulating that to get the BPM.  However the pulse measurement only
allows me to measure 1 peak-peak at a time, I am able to use a manual control
to obtain more then one measurement.  Is there any way to obtain all of
the measurements within my sample data so I have an average BMP.  I was
wondering if I could use a loop to take multiple measurements and store them in
an array.  I am having trouble figuring out the code i would need for
this. Is there a better approach then my proposed method?  Thanks

Danny
0
x9561 (148624)
4/3/2008 12:10:07 AM
comp.lang.labview 35390 articles. 1 followers. vasusachin24 (1) is leader. Post Follow

Hi DJ013,

You should be able to implement more than one pulse measurement using the pulse measurement vi.  You WILL have to use a while loop to break up the elements, but as long as they are in an array, you should be able to pass that data and take the average.  An example of this behavior is located in the example finder with the name "N chan pulse and transition measurements.vi"

Let me know if you have any questions.
0
x9561 (148624)

How come the US was not rated the most corrupt with Iraq?
Must be my mistake. ...

Seeing the clock rate on an DTE interface
I've got a V.35 interface and I'd like to see what the router thinks the clock rate is coming from the DSU. Are there any commands to see the clock rate on a DTE interface? -- Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry ncherry@linuxha.com http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ Backup site > Are there any commands to see the clock rate on a DTE interface? It seems that in the case of some hardware you get to see the received clock rate with the show c...

US-TX-Austin: Sr. RF IC Designer, High frequency circuit design, measurement exp (45333657605)
US-TX-Austin: Sr. RF IC Designer, High frequency circuit design, measurement exp (45333657605) ============================================================================================== Position: Sr. RF IC Designer Reference: SMC01736 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: MSEE. Proven track record of successful design accomplishments required in high frequency RF circuit design. Exp in state-of-the-art high speed circuit design transistor level circuit. Hands on measurement experi...

change learning rate in a 2-D single layer Perceptron
Guys, I am trying to implement the single layer perceptron in a 2-D feature space, almost everything is ok except adjusting learning rate manually. I want to be able to change the learning rate of my perceptron manually and have the result for any given rate. So I really do not know how to do that. if it is possible help me in this case. Thanks in advance. "Saeed " <saeed.izadi1989@gmail.com> wrote in message <l55qso$beq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Guys, > > I am trying to implement the single layer perceptron in a 2-D feature space, almost ever...

measurement #2
Is there someone who could tell me how to program a sensor that use for measurement in power system in Matlab?thank you ...

[News] Magazine Rates Novell Suse Linux Enterprise 4/5*, Users: 5/5*
Review: Novell Suse Linux Enterprise 10 An outstanding Linux distribution for business ,----[ Quote ] | If you're planning to deploy Linux, the Suse Linux Enterprise 10 is a | hard act to beat, especially if migrating from or integrating with Windows. `---- http://www.pcw.co.uk/personal-computer-world/software/2163556/novell-suse-linux-enterprise ,----[ Verdict ] | Pros Windows-like desktop; easy set up and management; one-button | server setup options; integrated Xen virtualisation in server product | | Cons Annual subscription required to get software updates; some | configuration s...

DAQ MX waveform timestamps seem to be a function of timed loop rate
I have configured (what I think is ) a buffered DAQ application using the DaqMX tools, including the 'DAQ Timing (Sample Clock).vi.&nbsp; I am telling the Timing vi to use the 'internal clock' as I want hardware Timing.&nbsp; I am using simulated data, so I don't actually have a hardware clock, BUT, I am getting strange results, and I want to know whether it is due to the simulated data or whether it is due to me not understanding how to do buffered DAQ with DaqMX. My DaqMX Read is being done inside of a timed loop.&nbsp; My waveform timestamps seem to be a functi...

WCDMA chip, symbol, bit rate
Can anybody clarify me the speed calculations of 3G/UMTS (European standard): The European 3G/UMTS WCDMA so called "chip rate" is 3,84 Megachips a second. This means that 3,84 million so called CHIPS are ALWAYS sent on every active, unidirectional, "physical channel" in the system. (Several physical channels are of course used simultaneously in the air, by multiple terminals and base stations, uplink and downlink.) I would think that the electric/radio wave modulation, which happens to be QPSK (quadrature phase shift keying) in the downlink direction, would not m...

software quality measures
thanks to read these words i am doing mca Question: if software quality measure is number of known errors per thousand lines of product source code.compare the usefulness of this measure for developers and users.what are the possible problems with relying on this measure as software quality? t shall be thank full to that kind person thank you ...

How to checkprobe measurement (horns field measurement)
Dear Group, I want to check the correctness of the probe measurement (horns field measurement) for an image viewer. I would like to assure myself that the value which displaying on the image is correct or not.There is any method to check it .Normally I can check it by comparing with other image viewers but still not sure whether value is correct or not.expecting your valuable feed back Regards, jayakrishnan Hounsfield Units are defined around two references: the radiodensity of air (-1000) and the radiodensity of water (0), both at standard temperature and density. The H...

frequency and phase measure in simulink
Hello all, Will any body help me to measure frqency and phase difference of signal in simulink mode, thank Sumiran, You can use this tool for spectral analisys. Pedro <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=3021> Time-Domain to Magnitude and Phase Author: Marc Compere Summary: Numerical inference of magnitude and phase information of streaming time domain input and output wav MATLAB Release: R13 Required Products: Simulink Description: This s-function captures a sample of two (ideally oscillatory) signals and, using a FFT, computed the amplit...

varying covariates in repeated measures
Hi, To summarise I have the following (using either SPSS 12 or SPSS 14): My dependent variable of interest is Number of Items reported which is named TOTALSCORE. I have 2 within subject factors Year and Website, each with 2 levels and TOTALSCORE is observed at each of these combinations on 74 companies. I have 3 between subject factors each with 2 levels: LOCATION, INDUSTRY and BIG4 I have 3 constant covariates which are GASHARE, FORSHARE and LOGSIZE I have 4 varying covariates, RETURNEQUITY, RTA, LEVERAGE, FIXEDASSETS but each only varies across the 2 years (they are consta...

Daily changelog: max TCP ACK rate
From the daily changelog, circa early May 2004: "Implement a rate limit for TCP ACKs of 100pps, and use this more general mechanism for in-window SYN handling too" Sounds intriguing. Can someone offer further details on what effects this would have and why it was implemented ? On Tue, 11 May 2004 08:34:49 -0700, George Pontis wrote: > "Implement a rate limit for TCP ACKs of 100pps, and use this more general > mechanism for in-window SYN handling too" > > > Sounds intriguing. Can someone offer further details on what effects this would ...

Time measurement
Hello all. I need to measure the execution time of a big-size program in Matlab GUI I have to display the result in static text field whose tag is "timer" and the push button works as follow: function pushbutton1(handles,eventdata,GUI) tic ................... ................... ................... ................... tmer=toc; set(handles.timer,tmer); but it is not working showing some error message "tmer" or "timer" is not defined Can anyone please help me ?????????????????????????????? Please "Surajit " <surajit_1176@yahoo.co.in> wro...

Limiting slew rate (PIC driving LEDs)
I'm driving three 7-segment LED displays (Agilent HDSP-7801) from a PIC16LF819 at 3.3V. I'm Charlieplexing the LEDs to minimize PIC pin count: http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/1880 The PIC sets the drive lines to make one of the digits display. After 1ms it moves on to the next digit, etc. I would like to limit the skew rates of the drive lines to minimise EMI. I know the Maxim 7221 LED driver IC does this (20mA/us according to its datasheet). At present, my PIC lines reach full voltage in approx 30ns - the fullscale current is 15mA, so my calculations make this eq...

Troll Rating
How do we go about rating the trolls in this group? For example, "Warren Harding" looks to be having a good run at the moment with his "Is Linux Really That Bad? Yes It IS!!!!!!!!1" thread Obviously, the mark of a good troll is to do minimal work himself, and (ideally) he should be able to make a single posting and stand back. I don't know if that is true of "Warren" - some of the other postings on the thread might be his? So, before we can rate them, do we need to identify their different names? Also, not too sure what we do about Active Troll Support fro...

Vista Sales Rate Cut in Half
See here: http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/05/15/vista.sales.halved/ MS is amazing. First, Vista will kick ass. Then they release it and it's a dud, so Balmer rushes out to reset expectations. Then lots of crappy reviews come in. Then MS puts out the BS press release of selling 20M in its first month and exceeding XP's initial adoption, which is easily refuted by clear thinkers. And now they're bragging about 40M in 100 days which, of course, means the sales rate was cut in half if the first BS press release is to be believed. And no matter what the _real_ sales fi...

Similarity measurement or distance measurements?
I am currently reading about how to measure the distance/similarity between binary vectors. In the articles they talk about similarity measurement and distance measurements if they are two different things. Distance measurement examples are: Euclidian, Minkowaki, cosine, dot produict, Tanimoto and Hamming distance. Similarity measurement examples are: Jaccard and Needham, Dice, Yule, Russel and Rao etc. Are there any definitions that separate distance measurement from similarity measurement? On May 27, 9:32 am, "saneman" <a...@ad.com> wrote: > I am currently readi...

Measuring with the Pen tool?
Hi Folks, I have photoshop 8, and I need to measure the length of some features in some pics I have. Some of these features are a little contorted, and so measuring with the measuring tool (I) is a real pain. I need something I can put multiple vertices in, and then get its length. It would be perfect if there were any way to get a length measurement for a path created by the pen tool, for example. I haven't found a way to do that though. Any ideas? Thanks, Allie "Allie" <als_trash@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1187198216.498670.154420@g4g2000hsf.googlegroup...

[News] Apple's iPhone 3GS has 99 percent satisfaction rate
Apple's iPhone 3GS has 99 percent satisfaction rate <http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/08/14/apples_iphone_3gs_has_99_percent_satisfaction_rate.html> ----[Quote]---- "iPhone 3GS owners are a highly satisfied group, strongly loyal to Apple, and that Apple innovation (touchscreen, software UI, applications) is what continues to lure new buyers to its smartphones," the report reads. "The benefits to Apple for achieving this premium customer satisfaction include: strong pricing power, high customer lifetime value, powerful, inexpensive viral marketing (recomme...

Refresh Rate Problems
Hi, I just installed Fedora Core 2 yesterday. Even though have had inserted all of the correct information about the monitor it is stuck at a certain refresh rate for each resolution. They are odd ones too like 1152x864 is 86hz. The problem is that even at 86hz I see a lot of flickering. Could it be the horizontal refresh rate? Maybe I should have stuck with windows xp? Thanks for any help. Anonymous wrote: > Hi, > I just installed Fedora Core 2 yesterday. Even though have had inserted > all of the correct information about the monitor it is stuck at a > cer...

how to measure distance to measure speed...
plsssssssss....how to measure speed for a car in the video that i took before safa wrote: > > > plsssssssss....how to measure speed for a car in the video that i > took before Can you see the speedometer through the window? If so you could do some image processing on it. safa wrote: > plsssssssss....how to measure speed for a car in the video that i > took before Measure distance, divide by time. - Randy Randy Poe wrote: > > > > safa wrote: >> plsssssssss....how to measure speed for a car in the video that i >> took before >...

US-MI-Houghton: Ph.D/Doctorate Biological Engineering: Biological Measurements (45291657625)
US-MI-Houghton: Ph.D/Doctorate Biological Engineering: Biological Measurements (45291657625) ============================================================================================= Position: Ph.D/Doctorate Biological Engineering Reference: SMC01274 Location: Houghton MI Duration: Skills: Ph.D. or Doctorate in Biological Engineering with experience in Biological measurements Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45291657625. ...

US-TX-Austin: Sr. RF IC Designer, High frequency circuit design, measurement exp (45338414404)
US-TX-Austin: Sr. RF IC Designer, High frequency circuit design, measurement exp (45338414404) ============================================================================================== Position: Sr. RF IC Designer Reference: SMC01736 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: MSEE. Proven track record of successful design accomplishments required in high frequency RF circuit design. Exp in state-of-the-art high speed circuit design transistor level circuit. Hands on measurement experi...

Ratings of Keyboards
I was wondering if anyone has systematically done tests on recent HP calculator keyboards? I know about the early HP49G+ KBs. How would you rate the 49 etc? ie 1. How long will they last? MTBF 2. Keybounce 3. etc Harold A Climer University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Dept of Physics,Geology,& Astronomy Room 309 Grote Hall 615 McCallie Ave Chattanooga TN 37403 Harold-Climer@utc.edu On 7 Giu, 02:46, Harold A Climer <hcli...@prodigy.net> wrote: > I was wondering if anyone has systematically done tests on recent HP > calculator keyboards? > I know about the early HP49G+ KBs. &...