measureing heart rate

Hi

I am trying to measure the heart rate of an ECG signal.  My data comes from a .csv file which I input into an array.  I am using the pulse measurement function to obtain period, then
manipulating that to get the BPM.  However the pulse measurement only
allows me to measure 1 peak-peak at a time, I am able to use a manual control
to obtain more then one measurement.  Is there any way to obtain all of
the measurements within my sample data so I have an average BMP.  I was
wondering if I could use a loop to take multiple measurements and store them in
an array.  I am having trouble figuring out the code i would need for
this. Is there a better approach then my proposed method?  Thanks

Danny
0
x9561 (148463)
4/3/2008 12:10:07 AM
comp.lang.labview 35205 articles. 1 followers. vasusachin24 (1) is leader. Post Follow

Hi DJ013,

You should be able to implement more than one pulse measurement using the pulse measurement vi.  You WILL have to use a while loop to break up the elements, but as long as they are in an array, you should be able to pass that data and take the average.  An example of this behavior is located in the example finder with the name "N chan pulse and transition measurements.vi"

Let me know if you have any questions.
0
x9561 (148463)

Labview 8 crashes when using Read Labview Measurement File
Hi All,   I am a new user for Labview. I installed Labview 8.0 from the CD (evaluation copy). I was just testing the sample code provided by NI. I opened the "Load from File and Display" example and I was trying to open the properties for the Read Labview Measurement File component when Labview crashed. I tried it a couple of times and everytime it happens the same way (when I double click the component or right click on it). I am using Windows XP with all the updates done. In the Windows crash report, the application version is 8.0.0.4005.   Other problem ...

logging rate in labview
I am using Compact DAQ-9172 to acquire various signals from instruments on a valve. I have written the code to log this data to a csv file. However I want to log at 40 times per second- hence I have set the wait to next ms multiple to 25ms (see attached portion of code). When  I open up the log file, i find that the data hasn't logged at anywhere near this rate. Does anyone have any suggestions?   Thanks example code1.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/308173/1/example code1.JPG Jamie asked "Does anyone have any suggestions?"   Yes convert over to a Producer Consumer architecture (Search this forum for Producer Consumer)   Explanation:   Every thing in your loop must complete before it can re-iterate.   Opening, writing, and closing takes more than 25 ms (in fact just opening may take seconds).   By switching over to a Producer Consumer and in the consumer side, open once, write repeatedly, close when all done your code has a chance of keeping up.   I have used this approach (and a couple of tricks) to track 40,000 channels at up to 1000 Hz with good results.   Trying to help,   Ben   PS Your DAQ functions will prbably benefit from the open once ,.... approach as well.Message Edited by Ben on 03-12-2008 08:21 AM "Could you post an example based on my code of how I can go about this."   Yes I could but I would not be servin...

measurement in vision and labview
Hi well, i have a problem with the measurement when doing a vision inspection with labview. Basically i started a simply script of measuring using vision assistant 8.5 with edge detection then i caliper it ... it was fine then ... after that i migrate the script to labview 8.5 ... and i run the inspection with the same image that was loaded in vision assistant, and the measurements that i obtain from labview is totally different from the measurement that i obtain from vision assistant + t .  can some one please tell wats going wrong ?? thanks   Lex Hi Lex, I am happy to look into this problem for you. Firstly, it would help me immensely if we could replicate your issue here at the UK branch of National Instruments. Therefore, could I please ask you to post your Vision Assistant script, your generated LabView code and the image you are trying to process.   I realize that is a big ask, but it will certainly help us get to the bottom of your problem. From what you have described, both versions of your program should be returning the same results.   Finally, what version of Vision Assistant and LabView are you using?   I look forward to hearing from you soon, hi thanks so much for replying me ...  regarding the previous problem , its solved ... i  tried to use the same script every thing the same in another PC and works fine, the measurements are  correct so i assume its my PC who is killing me,...

Measure damping rate
Hello Everyone, &nbsp; I want to measure damping by acquiring the damped vibration response. In order to do so I would need to get information about how fast the signal declines. That means, that I need for my calculations the peak value of at least two defined oscillation peaks within the signal. Does anyone know how to do so or is there another possiblity to aquire the damping rate. Any help greatly appreciated. &nbsp; Yours Franziskus <a href="../view_profile?user.id=29584" target="top" class="auth_text" style="fo...

ECG heart rate..
Hi All, Am doing a project to calculate the heart rate using the ECG signal, I have obtained the ECG signal using DAQ 6009 and displayed the same. Heart rate can be calculated either from P-P interval or R-R interval. My queries are:1. How to calculate the time interval between two signal( p-p).2. If am measuring the p-p interval and omitting the R-R, then I ahve to detect signals in between a range(omitting anything below 0.4 and greater than0.8). How can I acheive this?If you have a better algorithm or if mine is cumbersome, I would apprecitae your help.Looking earnestly for your replies. Continue <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;thread.id=98455&amp;view=by_date_ascending&amp;page=3" target="_blank">here</a> ...

Heart rate calculation
Hi to all. Is there a way to calculate heart rate? Thanks. On May 31, 11:50=A0am, "Luigi " <fi...@mathworks.com> wrote: > Hi to all. > Is there a way to calculate heart rate? > Thanks. Sure: Number of beats / duration of observaion. Rune Rune Allnor <allnor@tele.ntnu.no> wrote in message <55468fc9-8f3f-419d-b9d4-3e5d1f79cc39@a7g2000vby.googlegroups.com>... > On May 31, 11:50 am, "Luigi " <fi...@mathworks.com> wrote: > > Hi to all. > > Is there a way to calculate heart rate? > > Thanks. > > Sure: Number of...

How to measure time in labview?
Hello, I am using PCI-DAS card for Analog Input and Digital Output. In the Analog Input for the voltage measurement labview takes near about 1 second.But i want to reduce that time...means it has to take one reading only in some miliseconds and there is no loops nothing complicated just simple functions r there and as i run the vi it shows one voltage reading. I dont know how to reduce time period in this case. And another thing is that i am saying this 1 second as per my watch.but i want Labview itself shows the total time taken for the execution. Anybody knows about it please mail me and po...

Making a Heart rate monitor
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; What to nut in a sliding window and take 10(1-10) (2-11) sample of heart rate and get the average, i new to labview so of any one hae any idea how to go about it would be a great help thanks&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hi gwhizz112, do you have an array? If yes you can use the "Array subset" function and then the "Multiply Array Elements" function. Search for "average array" in the forum, there are lots of examples. Mike Re: Making a Heart rate monitor Hi gwhizz112, see this link for an example. <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;view=by_date_ascending&amp;message.id=328437#M328437" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;view=by_date_ascending&amp;message.id=328437#M328437</a> Hope it helps.Mike &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; What i'm trying to do is i have an LED and LDR, which you place your finger in between and on every heart beat your finger fills with blood and after every heart beat the blood empties, this&nbsp; go on a graph and what i what to is be able to could the number of beats. Any idea would be great thanks gwhizz112 You need to better explain what you're trying to do and what you have since it's not clear whether you're referring to objects on a screen or physical items. You say you have and LED and LDR. Are these physical? How are you detectin...

write LabView measurement file
Hello I am traing to save s signal with the help of WRITE LABVIEW measurement fiel. How do I limit the file size? I want a file of 2 Mb, but I only recive a file of 21 kB. I also tried with Open/replace/create , write, close functions, but also don't know how to make the limit ( 2Mb) &nbsp; If someone knows please help. &nbsp; &nbsp; Boris Hi Boris, When you double click on the "Write to LabVIEW Measurement File.vi" a configuration window appears. In this window one of the options you can select is "Save to series of files (multiple files)". Once this opt...

Measurement Studio Controls in LabVIEW
I was flipping thru the lates NI Instrumentation Newsletter and there is an article about using .NET controls in LV.&nbsp; The atricle states that Measurement Studio controls can be used in LV.&nbsp; Is this true?&nbsp; I thought MS was just a plug-in for Visual Studio.&nbsp; If itis true, how does it work?&nbsp; If I install MS will the controls integrate onto my LV menus or is it a manual process? &nbsp; Thanks, Bill F ...

change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW
change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW hi, I am Interfacing a FrameGrabber with LabVIEW using a frame grabber SDK(dll). The memory managment of this FG allow you to allocate your own Array and to give a pointer to this Array to the memory manager. Then when you acquire with the frame grabber, the acquired image will be directly accessible in your array. 1.I give to the FG memory manager a pointer to the Labview array through a SDK Dll function. 2. I run the acquisition 3. I display the array My problem is that the Array is allways displayed with it initial val...

Length and width measurement of the heart chamber
Hey, i m working on fetal ultrasound heart images..i am done with segmentation..after that i got to measure the length and width of each chamber..i tried using regionprop..doesn't help much as it is an irregular shaped image..can someone help me with this? "vishnu " <kpk848@gmail.com> wrote in message <jhbb4b$og5$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hey, > > i m working on fetal ultrasound heart images..i am done with segmentation..after that i got to measure the length and width of each chamber..i tried using regionprop..doesn't help much as it is an i...

sampling rate problem labview pda
hi, im testing my pda labview system to see what speeds i can actually acquire at. im using a signal generator as an analogue input generating a sin wave at 2khz and around 2V amplitude. im using finite acquisiton to acquire between 50-200 samples using the ai finite acquire pda example when i acquire at 5khz [well above nyquist] i get rubbish data hinting that the system can actually reach 5khz, yet when i increase the sampling rate to 10, 15, 20 and 200khz the data improves and actually looks like a sin wave. does this mean that its only achieveing a certain percentage of the specified sampling rate each time?yet when i input a square wave the representations seems correct - ie start to foul up when i approach the nyquist limit.ive stuck a zip file of photos of the pda acquiring at the different rates.thanks alotandy Pics1.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/312511/1/Pics1.zip What version of the PDA Module are you using and what DAQ are you using? labview 8.2 +pda module, daq mx base 2.2 and a cf-6004 with ipaq 5550 and expansion sleeve cheers Hey Lav Here is an tutorial on sampling and Nyquist <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3000" target="_blank">http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3000</a> I think the data you are collecting is expected.&nbsp; You are only collecting 2.5 samples/ Cycle not enough to reconstruct your waveform. I think you will find your PDA is working as well as a PC Daq when it come...

Labview and DAQ measurement error :209802
Hi: &nbsp; I am using DAQ card PCI-6251.&nbsp; I&nbsp;applied&nbsp;a voltage difference&nbsp;to a device using DAQ, and measure the corresponding electronic current using the same DAQ card.&nbsp; However, I keep having the error&nbsp;poped up&nbsp;every 100 seconds ( Error-209802 occurred at DAQmx Wait For Next Sample Clock.vi:5).&nbsp; &nbsp; In my code, I basically just put analog input and analog output in the same while loop.&nbsp;&nbsp; So&nbsp;I really don't know how to modify the code in order to eliminate the error.&nbsp; Could you please tell me how should I modify it?&nbsp; Attached file is the code I wrote.&nbsp; Thank you. Jason labview code.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/323056/1/labview code.vi Error-209802: You have the "Input voltage signal" Express vi set to use "hardware timing", try "on demand" instead (Open the express vi, under 'Timing Settings' -&gt; 'generation mode').Question: Will the voltage be set before the current is read?Answer: Who knows? Could be either. Could be random.There is nothing linking the two vis (set voltage/read current) and LabVIEW will try to execute both at at the same time. The race is on!Suggestion, wire the error out cluster of which ever one you want to execute first into the error in cluster of the other.There's about a dozen more suggestions I could add but this should get you going for ...

DAQ/labview sample at incorrect rates
I am trying to perform a very simple operation of DAQ assistent-&gt;filter-&gt;write to file.&nbsp; The DAQ being used is an cDAQ-9172 and i am sampling at 10000 Hz.&nbsp; For some reason when i use more than one channel, labview samples at less than 10000 Hz.&nbsp; If i lower the sampling rate it still samples incorrectly, leading me to believe I am not maxing anything out in the system.I'm still unclear if this a DAQ or labview problem? ...

degree of overlap/overlap rate measurement
Can anyone please tell me how to measure degree of overlap/overlap rate between two clusters of cells? ...

Measure 8 channels DAQmx and labView
hi there, its me again. I now have only 2 days left to complete this program for my internship and I must say that I've learned a lot. But here's the thing, I need to measure 8 channels from a DAQPad 6015. But I cant get it to work. Here's what I have so far. I dont know if Im doing it the right way, but I think I am. I hope someone knows what to do, so that I can go on with finishing this program. Thanks in advance Jaap test.llb: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/160706/1/test.llb Woow! :smileysurprised: Hey Jaap, if all that you want to do is acquire from 8 channels...

Frame Time and Heart rate in ultrasound study
Hello Recently few doctors complain that an ultrasound study transferred from a new echo cart runs slowly in my software. It runs at 30 FPS in my software where as it runs at 52 FPS on that echo cart. So I studied all the DICOM Tags by using which we calculate the frame rate. The frame time in all the shoots from that study was mentioned as 33.33 so FPS should be 1000/33.33 = 30FPS. This is my logic of calculating the FPS. The heart rate in each of the run is different and it ranges from 53 to 64. Surprisingly number of frames in each run are same(61). All other parameters, acquisition frame rate, recommended display frame rate, cine rate are missing. My question is, the logic, which I am using for calculating the FPS is correct, or not? Also all other parameters, which I have mentioned above do they play any role in display frame rate (FPS)? Thanks, Prashant ...

LabVIEW 8.5 compatibility with Measurement Studio
Seeing all the graet features of LabVIEW 8.5 at NIWeek07 was very exciting. I've just recieved my Developer Suite upgrade and found that LabVIEW 8.5 may NOT be compatible with Measurement Studio 8.1.1. This seems to be shown on the page for <a href="http://www.ni.com/support/lv8_5.htm" target="_blank">LabVIEW 8.5 Compatibility Information</a> &nbsp; Two of the biggest developments in 8.5 for me were the multicore support for RT and the increased throughput of the network variables (TCP vs. UDP). There are also a lot of other great improvements. &nbsp; We are using Measurement Studio on a Host PC to talk to the RT application on a PXI rack. Before I upgrade to 8.5, is it true that the apps written with MS 8.1.1 and the Network variables will NOT be able to work with the 8.5 LabVIEW apps. &nbsp; Hello MikeTed1, I am the product marketing manager for Measurement Studio at NI. We are actively working on releasing a new version of Measurement Studio to take advantage of LogosXT, so that you can get that 3x improvement in performance.&nbsp; I would like to chat with you about more details on when and how this feature will roll out, and get more feedback on your use of network variables in Measurement Studio.&nbsp; If you don't mind I would like to speak to you "offline".&nbsp; Would you mind sending your contact information to me at <a href="mailto:wendy.logan@ni.com" target="_blank"...

Measurement Studio 7.0 c# or LabView?
Hello NG, I have been programming for my customer in both LabView and C#/ASP.NET. Now, another person from that company has a new project for me. Since it seems to be typical data aquisition, measuring, and signal processing project, I would have used LabView for it. But he dislikes LabView. One reason is that he is familiar in C and algorithms and, perhaps, in C++. Also, he want's to have the full flexibility over the architecture and the design of the program. Since the program will probably get large, an OOP language would suit better (I think he is right here!). He pointed me to the...

Heart sound
Hi I have doing time versus frequency plot of the heart sound for my semester mini project. I was acquire the heart sound data's from microphone & NI data acquistion card and these data's are sorded in MS-Ecel format. Then these data's are proceesed form Matlab.I was plot the time versus amplitude of the heart sound data's. But, I need time versus frequency plot for determine which frequency comes which time. please help me for above that... my mail ID: fazal.usicmku@yahoo.com ...

Heart sound
Hi I have doing time versus frequency plot of the heart sound for my semester mini project. I was acquire the heart sound data's from microphone & NI data acquistion card and these data's are storded in MS-Ecel format. Then these data's are proceesed form Matlab.I was plot the time versus amplitude of the heart sound data's. But, I need time versus frequency plot for determine which frequency comes which time. please help me for above that... my mail ID: fazal.usicmku@yahoo.com You are trying to do what is called Joint Time-Frequency Analysis (JTFA). If you do a Google search on this you will find a lot of information. MATLAB has a command that used to be called specgram, but is now called spectrogram. I think both work right now. This calculates what is called a Short Time Fourier Transform (STFT) where your signal is separated into small blocks over time and Fourier transforms are computed in each one. Lining up these Fourier transforms over time gives you a joint time-frequency plot. This is what is called a linear transformation. You may also want to do a Google search on quadratic transformations that tend to display time vs. frequency much better. The drawback to quadratic transforms is that it is extremely difficult to compute inverse transforms. Hope this helps. Good luck! -Tip mohamedfazal wrote: > > > Hi > > I have doing time versus frequency plot of the heart sound for my > semester mini project. > > I was acquir...

How to Measuring the Temperature of the PXI-1045 Controllers Using LabVIEW
Hi, &nbsp; I need to continuously monitor the temperature of the PXI-1045 controller. I have&nbsp;had a look&nbsp;&nbsp;the vi supplied by NI&nbsp;on <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4538#0requirements" target="_blank">http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4538#0requirements</a>&nbsp;which is developed for PXI-8196/95 and the PXI-8186/87 controllers. Can&nbsp;similar temperature measurement be done on&nbsp;PXI-1045? &nbsp; Regards &nbsp; Mehran Thanks Tom, I am&nbsp;more clear now. The NI controllers I am using are: PXI-4060 - Digital Multimeter PX!- 4461 - Dynamic Signal Analyzer PXI-2586 - General-Purpose Relay PXI-GPIB Is it possible to&nbsp;measure the CPU temperature of&nbsp;any of these&nbsp;controllers inside&nbsp;my 1045 chassis? Regards Mehran &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

How can I use LabVIEW to measure time between analog pulses
I need to be able to measure the time between (somewhat varying) analog pulse signals as they cross a specified threshold level. In particular I need to be able to measure the time between the falling edge of the first pulse and the rising edge of the second pulse at the threshold voltage level. Since the exact time of the first pulse can vary the period between the pulses is what I need, although a way to time both pulses from a known start time, plus a method of subtracting one time from the other to give a differential time would also possibly work. I did this a few months ago in an extremely simplistic fashion... I captured a waveform that contained both edges. Since waveform data contains timing information I just used that to calculate the time between the two edges I was looking for... Thanks - I need to try it and let you know how successful I am. The engineer who created our test suite (now left) used a waveform capture and tried to makie it fit into a PASS/FAIL window, but because of the timing variation the best we could achieve was a 90% correct result (i.e. some good boards fail and some bad boards pass). ...

Web resources about - measureing heart rate - comp.lang.labview

Cross-bedding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Crossbedding of sandstone near Mt. Carmel road, Zion Canyon , indicating wind action and sand dune formation prior to formation of rock (NPS ...

Q&A - Michael Rooker (Merle Dixon)
The actor discusses his tendency toward 'bad guy' roles and describes wearing leather in 130-degree heat.

Panasonic announces first smartphone for Europe - the Eluga
Panasonic has announced the Eluga, the company's first smartphone for Europe, with a super-thin chassis and dust and water resistance.

:Ben Metcalfe Blog
Here is a list of all blog posts I have made since I began blogging on this domain in 2004. Having archives that date back to when I was 23 is ...

Create a Custom Natural Wall Art Piece With Wooden Shims
I have a fond love of decorating with do-it-yourself wall art. Filling bare walls can become pretty expensive with custom art pieces and that ...

Mining Industry: CE Schmidt
Measureing gas emissions from mining, direct measurement of emissions from heap leach piles, gold mining emissions, mercury flux, cyanide flux. ...

Fine and Feathered
I am back with my maxi skirt tutorial as promised! You may scroll down and think "WOAH that's a lot of steps!" but I promise it's really simple. ...

Flashtalking Showcase. Explore the creative opportunites. - Flashtalking
Discover dynamic and targeted ads, high impact rich Media, HTML5 and loads of new innovative ad formats and features.

NOAA/NCDC throws a roadblock my way
As many readers know, the www.surfacestations.org effort has been gaining a lot of attention, and also volunteers. I'm now at over 130 volunteers ...

Prince Armory Custom Creations
... Garments, Accessories, Replicas, and much more. Home About Custom Orders What We Can Make Contact Gallery Pricing Product Grades Measureing ...