multiple files in command line arguments or adding command line arguments to a running application

Hi,

I want to be able to open more than one data file in my stand-alone labview application. I can open one file by using cmdarg variable just fine. I want to be able to either
a) have multiple files in the cmdarg variable (I can parse them if they are appended into one string, but now windows is just giving me one file that i clicked even though I may have 3 of them selected in explorer)
or
b) add files one at a time by clicking them, but I want these files to be going to the same labview application (to be appended to the cmdarg?), not starting a new copy of the Labview application every time.

I am not 100% that these things are not Windows problems, but there should be something that my application can do to change the way things work out. Thanks!

Egor
0
x9561 (148439)

command line arguments and processing of the arguments
Hiya, Ive created a program (well lots of little bits) that im currently tying together to make somehting a bit more user friendly, basically at the moment i have to do something like this c:\robot.exe motor1 ccw 45 Im using the argv and agrc to do this, but what id like to do is to start the program and then have it bring up its own prompt that I can enter my commands at, basically this would mean that I could get rid of the need for the c:\robot.exe and just have something like robot>>argument1 argument2 argument3, where robot>> is the prompt 1 thing im struggling to get wor...

Command Line Arguments from a File
Greetings: I've gotten a request to put command line arguments into a file. This file contains other information for building parts. I thought this would be fairly easy because I've been using Getopt::Long for a while and thought I would just have to push the switches onto @ARGV and call Getopt::Long a second time. The code: elsif (/^-\w+/) { push(@ARGV," $_"); } &Command_Line;# Calls Getopt::Long I noticed that I have to put a space in the " $_" or else the "-" gets striped off. None of the o...

Maximum line length for command line arguments
Hi, I know there is an approximately 1024 byte line length for invoking a program from the command line. Is there anyway to get around this? Where is this documented in the toolkit? 've been trying to find some mention of it in the Control Program programming guide and reference, but to now avail. Maybe there is some way to increase the OS/2 environment space, like in DOS? This issue is that when running certain Java utilities, these work by making a huge command line and just feeding it to the underlying OS (this actually works pretty well cross platform). Under OS/2 this fai...

how to run a command line command
lo there all i have an app that i want to launch an application from. i use linux with a bash shell. If i want to launch a program from my terminal, i use /myprogram or /home/myuser/myprogram how could i do something like this from a ruby script ? thanks sk On Mar 5, 12:22 pm, "shawn bright" <neph...@gmail.com> wrote: > lo there all > i have an app that i want to launch an application from. > i use linux with a bash shell. If i want to launch a program from my > terminal, i use > /myprogram > or /home/myuser/myprogram > > how could i do something l...

How to hide command line arguments in a windows application
I'm trying to hide command line arguments passed to a C++/Qt application compiled for Windows. Under Linux, I replaced argc in the main with empty spaces and it works, a 'ps -ef' does not show arguments anymore. But with the same application compiled for Windows, I still can see the arguments using prcView (for example). Do someone have an idea to do that? Thanks for your help, St�phane SC wrote: Off-topic to the n.g. > I'm trying to hide command line arguments passed to a C++/Qt application > compiled for Windows. Under Linux, I replaced argc in the main with emp...

Command Line Commands And Editor Commands
Hello, I used to use vax/vms for many years. I have just ordered a few books on these commands but would like links to Internet sites that list and explain the ones that I would be using as a programmer at the command line level. Thank you, Christopher Lusardi Chris L wrote: > Hello, > > I used to use vax/vms for many years. > > I have just ordered a few books on these commands but would like > links to Internet sites that list and explain the ones that I would be > using as a programmer at the command line level. > > Thank you, >...

Command Line Arguments
Where I can the documentation for command line arguments for Lotus Notes? ...

command line arguments
In short, I don't understand command line arguments. For programs, I've always just prompted the user for the input file name and anything else I needed for calculations. Just recently though, we've started using command line arguments instead of prompting. Do these arguments do the same thing as prompting? -Samantha Perry In article <0daeab17-448b-494c-a927-0fb0709f2234@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, sperry01@fit.edu writes: > In short, I don't understand command line arguments. For programs, > I've always just prompted the user for the input file name and &g...

Command line arguments
Where can I get the documentation for Command line arguments for Lotus notes? stgsi@yahoo.com (Steve SI) wrote: >Where can I get the documentation for Command line arguments for Lotus notes? What sort of thing are you thinking of? stgsi@yahoo.com (Steve SI) wrote: >Where can I get the documentation for Command line arguments for Lotus notes? Did you try the Administrator Help on the /help folder on your Domino server? Guido I have a C++ application which given an email message must be able to display it for the user using Lotus Notes. The application also has to...

Command line argument
HiI was if " -v " flag means anything in comand line argument. In ourproject they told us to right the comman line argument in thisforum...java WorPairCounter -vN FileNameAnd N stands for either 1 or 2 . So were are asked to check if N is 1or 2 , so is there any way to check it ?? On 2007-12-02 15:19:14 -0800, joe <joetharayil@gmail.com> said:> Hi> > I was if " -v " flag means anything in comand line argument. In our> project they told us to right the comman line argument in this> forum...> > java WorPairCounter -vN FileName> > And N stand...

Command-Line Arguments
Nub: I'm trying to write a script which will take command line arguments, x <enter> y <enter> ctrl-D/Z style, and pass them through a formula, then print the results on separate lines with a bit of fluff for clarity's sake. I can do it with single arguments and a foreach loop, but not a group of arguments at once. The code appears below. I'm trying to write a fairly simple script for use in chemistry and math-centered classes. Idea is that I pass the script a few arguments, like chem 410.1 434.1 [...] and it passes those through a formula to print out the numbers assoc...

command line arguments
i need help pretty bad for this from the command line >csend string1 4233 "string2" how can i copy string1, or string2 to a char* or a string. for argument 4 (string2) char temp[256]; strcpy(temp, argv[4]); this doesn't work ------------ int i; char temp[256]; for(i=1; argv[4][i] != '"'; ++i) { temp[i] = argv[4][i]; } temp[i] = '\0' neither does this - gives a seg fault on this line for(i=1; argv[4][i] != '"'; ++i) how do i do it. and why don't these techniques work On Sat, 08 May 2004 15:42:03 GMT in comp.lang.c++, "A...

Command Line Arguments
Greetings KSH Script, Will be using on SUN, AIX, and HP-UX I want to run all the arguments (sql script) either in Parellel or in Serail Why does the following script gives an additional "&" for -p option at the end #!/bin/ksh Arg_count=$# integer count=0 case $1 in -p) echo "Parellel Execution\n" set -A Args $* echo "${Args[*]}" until (( count == Arg_count )) do print "${Args[$count]} &" ((count=count + 1)) done; ;; *) echo "Serial Execution" set -A Args $* until (( count == Arg_count )) ...

Command line arguments
Is there a standard package for Tcl like the Getopt::Std package in Perl that is used to access command line arguments and switched? David N. Welton wrote: > tcllib has the 'cmdline' module, although I've never used it myself. > Thanks, I'll get the hand of where to look soon enough. Peter Hickman <peter@semantico.com> wrote: :David N. Welton wrote: :> tcllib has the 'cmdline' module, although I've never used it myself. :> : :Thanks, I'll get the hand of where to look soon enough. : The following page should provide a good start. http://mini.net/tcl/1623 Basicly under Tcl all command line arguments are stored in a global variable named $argv which will contain a space-delimited list of args. A very simple loop to display them might be like: proc showArgs {} { global argv if {[llength $argv] == 0} { puts "No command line args" } else { for {set i 0} {$i < [llength $argv]} {incr i} { puts "arg $i == [lindex $argv $i]" } } return } showArgs -- _ _ ____ //\/\ike ||uxford tuxford@earthlink.net Andreas Leitgeb <Andreas.Leitgeb@siemens.at> wrote: :Mike Tuxford <tuxfordNOSPAM@NORETURNearthlink.net> wrote: :> Basicly under Tcl all command line arguments are :> stored in a global variable named $argv which will :> contain a space-delimited list of args. : :Ouch. The phrases "space-delimited" and "list" do not :...

command line arguments
I am using windows 7 64 bit and ooRexx 64 bit D:\MyDocuments\Cmd>D:\MyDocuments\REXX\FMU.orx "D:\MyDocuments\Input\IniFiles\FMU.INI" +++ "WindowsNT COMMAND D:\MyDocuments\Rexx\FMU.orx" 14 *-* SIGNAL ON HALT +++ Interactive trace. "Trace Off" to end debug, ENTER to Continue. +++ 15 *-* SIGNAL ON NOVALUE 16 *-* SIGNAL ON SYNTAX 18 *-* DEBUG = 'N' >>> "N" 20 *-* NUMERIC DIGITS 12 >>> "12" 22 *-* parse arg Options >>> "" >>> "" Question: Where is my command line parameter? PeCoNe <maljers@telfort.nl> wrote: >I am using windows 7 64 bit and ooRexx 64 bit > > >D:\MyDocuments\Cmd>D:\MyDocuments\REXX\FMU.orx >"D:\MyDocuments\Input\IniFiles\FMU.INI" > +++ "WindowsNT COMMAND D:\MyDocuments\Rexx\FMU.orx" >Question: Where is my command line parameter? I don't know how W7 works, but when you type a command like that in XP, XP has to recognise that an ".orx" file is actually executed by another program, probably "rexx.exe" (if your ".orx" isn't to be run by rexxhide.exe or rexxpaws.exe). The definition of that mapping of ".orx" to "rexx.exe" is (in XP) in the registry. It needs to contain a template which causes not only the path...

command line arguments
i've written a small program to output the number of arguments that have been passed to it. for example, if the program was called from the command line with "java Test a a a", it'd output 3. atleast that's what i think it should be doing. here's the program: public class Test { public static void main (String[] args) { System.out.println("args.length = "+args.length); } } no matter the number of command line arguments i pass to it, i always get 0 as the length of the args array. is there something special i have to do when compiling it, or soemthing, to let command line arguments be passed to java programs? any help would be appreciated - thanks! yawnmoth wrote: > i've written a small program to output the number of arguments that > have been passed to it. for example, if the program was called from > the command line with "java Test a a a", it'd output 3. atleast that's > what i think it should be doing. here's the program: > > public class Test > { > public static void main (String[] args) > { > System.out.println("args.length = "+args.length); > } > } > > no matter the number of command line arguments i pass to it, i always > get 0 as the length of the args array. is there something special i > have to do when compiling it, or soemthing, to let command line > arguments be passed to java programs? > > any help would be a...

Command line arguments
How can I access the command line arguments without using argc, argv? -- comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: clcm@plethora.net On 12 Feb 2004 04:48:59 GMT, aniruddha1981@yahoo.co.in (Aniruddha) wrote in comp.lang.c.moderated: > How can I access the command line arguments without using argc, argv? One thing you can do is define your main function like this: int main(int cmd_cnt, char **cmd_str) .....then you can access command line arguments by using cmd_cnt and cmd_str. The names argc and argv are used by common tradition only. Like all function parameters th...

Parsing a text file based on command line argument.
Can anyone help me.I m new to shell script can one pls help me with it..it's urgent. I want to parse a text file containing following data: ##################################### CheckName=xyz_ODC CheckTime=9:54 Machine=abc.def@xy.com #Disk Space [101.00000]/abc/def/P/data:: Err->80::Warn_>70<80 [102.00000]/abc/def/xyz/logs/:: Err->80::Warn_>70<80 [103.00000]/abc/def/xyz/archive/:: Err->80::Warn_>70<80 #ProcessCheck [201.00000]/abc/def/xyz/def/solaris6/bin/def_tes [202.00000]/abc/def/xyz/def/solaris6/bin/def_ps -x B [203.00000]/abc/def/xyz/def/solaris6/bin/def_ps...

VAX BASIC, file specs, and command line arguments
VAX BASIC v3.8-000 VMS 7.1 emulating a VAX 4000-105A Two things I would like to do in BASIC: 1) Get the full file spec for a file; 2) Get arguments from the command line. I'm playing with the useropen clause of the open statement, but that involves fab and nam blocks and sys$open/sys$create and sys$connect to get the info I want. It's not bad, but I find it clumsy to go thru all this to get a file spec. I was able to easily get both items in VMS COBOL, but I was using features that were part of the language. Any routines that'll give me what I want? Thank you for any and all assistance. On Feb 19, 12:31=A0pm, bdhobb...@acm.org wrote: > VAX BASIC v3.8-000 > VMS 7.1 > emulating a VAX 4000-105A > > Two things I would like to do in BASIC: > =A0 1) Get the full file spec for a file; > =A0 2) Get arguments from the command line. > > I'm playing with the useropen clause of the open statement, but that > involves fab and nam blocks and sys$open/sys$create and sys$connect to > get the info I want. =A0It's not bad, but I find it clumsy to go thru > all this to get a file spec. Yeah, but that's the way to go I'm afraid. BASIC hooks up a NAM ro the FAB and requests RMS to fill what I believe is a local variable. Eventually the name gets hooked to the RTL internal Channel Control Block where it will be retrieved by DBASIC$$STOP_IO to be printed in case of an error. So it is there, and it woudl be nice if there was ...

Re: [wxMSW] Command line arguments in GUI application
> This makes no sense to me but I tried to reproduce this behaviour in > wxCmdLineParser::ConvertStringToArgs(). May be it would be better create wxWindows own rules? E.g. 1. Blackslashes has special meaning only if they are followed by double quotes after it in command line - to make possible pass double quotes to application. first \"second third parsed as [1] first [2] "second [3] third 2. If there is no closing double quotes, string after first quotes passed as one argument. first "second third parsed as [1] firs...

Problem using command line argument with grep in plot file
Hello, I hope someone can assist me with this. I am plotting a file based on condi= tional data. To accomplish this, I'm using grep when plotting the file. The= path of the data file is dynamic so I'm passing it in the command line. I'= m having trouble passing the entire file with path to grep. Here's an examp= le: I am calling gnuplot as follows: gnuplot -e "result_path=3D'/test/'" GNU.plt GNU.plt has plot '<grep -E "System/CPU/System/percent.*655291" '.result_path.'Metrics.t= xt'. using 2:4 every ::2 with lines This doesn't work because result_path is not being evaluated.=20 If I change GNU.plt to the following, then it works: plot result_path.'Metrics.txt' using 2:4 every ::2 with lines So I know result_path works, but not sure how to put it in the middle of th= e "grep" command.=20 thanks, Marcelo Marcelo Jara wrote: > Hello, > > I hope someone can assist me with this. I am plotting a file based on > conditional data. To accomplish this, I'm using grep when plotting the > file. The path of the data file is dynamic so I'm passing it in the > command line. I'm having trouble passing the entire file with path to > grep. Here's an example: > > I am calling gnuplot as follows: > > gnuplot -e "result_path='/test/'" GNU.plt > > > GNU.plt has...

how to read a line from a file on command line
How to read a specific line from a file on command line ? For instance, I have file named test.txt, and I like to read the line 45, one single line only. Does any command I can retrieve the line 45 from the file text.txt ? Thanks. On Friday 18 July 2008 19:25, moongeegee wrote: > How to read a specific line from a file on command line ? > For instance, I have file named test.txt, and I like to read the line > 45, one single line only. > Does any command I can retrieve the line 45 from the file text.txt ? > Thanks. sed -n '45{p;q}' text.txt On 2008-07-18, moong...

MacOSX: Application Bundles, 'Open With...', and command line arguments/options
Under MacOSX, how does the 'Open With...' mechanism work? That is, if one fires up an Application Bundle with a StarPack executable, how does one pass command line arguments (ala how I would do it under Linux with a %f in the *.desktop file). Also: is there a way to pass command like arguments or options from the GUI? -- Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933 Deepwoods Software -- Custom Software Services http://www.deepsoft.com/ -- Linux Administration Services heller@deepsoft.com -- Webhosting Services ...

command line arguments to open a specific page in a pdf file created with pdflatex
I have some pdf documents created in LaTeX that I want to open from a command line using additional arguments according to: http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/PDFOpenParameters.pdf I would like to have a unique identifier as destination. pdflatex replaces for instance \label{chap:UniqueName} with chapter.2. This is a problem since chapter 2 might be chapter 3 or 4 in the future. So I add a \hypertarget{UniqueName} on the page I want to have opened. According to the documentation above I should then be able to tell Adobe Reader to set the zoom to a predefined scale and scroll up to the top of the page. According to the documentation it should be done like this: AcroRd32.exe /A "nameddest=UniqueName&zoom=100,0,0" "myfile.pdf" Everything works fine except for the scroll part. Adobe Reader sticks to the position of the named destination. The strange thing is that it works fine with page=pagenum. In the example below i have tried to scroll backwards in the file, and it works just fine AcroRd32.exe /A "page=6&zoom=100,0,-500" "myfile.pdf" Does anybody have a clue? granly ps: Yes, I know this is not strictly a TeX-question. I have tried Adobe Forums without any luck ...

Web resources about - multiple files in command line arguments or adding command line arguments to a running application - comp.lang.labview

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Google now accepting applications for open source Summer of Code 2016
... of selection. Our Student Manual provides lots of helpful advice to get you started on choosing an organization and crafting a great application". ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 33% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 3.3 percent from one week ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications eke out gain
A growing divide in the mortgage market has emerged between refinance applications and those needed to purchase a home.

IDG Contributor Network: GoDaddy goes cloud, and throws in applications for good measure
GoDaddy is a funny beast. On the one hand the hosting business is huge, boasting 14 million customers worldwide and managing over 60 million ...

Want To Fly A Passenger Jet? JetBlue Is Now Taking Applications From Novice Pilots
Tired of the daily grind, and yearning to spend your work hours among the clouds, using a public address system to tell people to sit back, relax, ...