NI Security - Get Access Right Method yields no Access Rights data

Windows XP SP2 LabVIEW 8.2.1I read with interest the article, <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=298644&amp;query.id=90968#M298644" target="_blank">Domain Account Manager error.</a> I'd like to use NI's Domain Account Manager (if possible) with an executable we have. Depending on the User, they will have limited access to certain screens within our application. I've not looked at how to encapsulate the Domain Account Manager yet, but I was hoping to understand how to pull the Access Rights information from the Get Access Right Method. The attached simple attached example (screenshot) yields no string data when executed.Questions:- Are the NI Security Domain Acccount Manager only related to BridgeVIEW/DSC, and not generic LabVIEW?
- Why no string data when executed?
- Is it possible to utilize the NI Security Domain Acccount Manager with an executable? If so, what extra steps do I need to be mindful of when deploying?
Hope someone can point me in the right direction!Regards,Chroma

No Access Rights Data.png:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/308607/1/No Access Rights Data.png
0
x9561 (148438)

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Accessing Access

Pick data provider .NET and access rights problems
I've just recently downloaded D3 7.5 for NT onto a Windows XP Profession edition and also the Pick Data Provider .NET for same and I am having some problem with user access rights when trying to configure the PDP .NET INETD piece. There is only 1 account on the machine and that is administrator. But no matter what I try (including restoring the Windows XP operating system) I get an error message when trying to configure the Inetd service. I go with all the default ports and file name pathways, and every time I try to configure the service I get an error message of "User does not have administrator rights to access the service" and then I cannot save the configuration file. It errors out with service is unreachable and will not save the configuration. Has anyone else hada similar error? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Alan Otterstad Flustered in Seattle...:) Maybe the account is called "Adminstrator" but _is_ it set up to _be_ the computer administrator? There be a difference! If it is and you've followed the installation procedures precisely, then RD has an issue to resolve. -Bruce H oldogbert@comcast.net wrote: > I've just recently downloaded D3 7.5 for NT onto a Windows XP > Profession edition and also the Pick Data Provider .NET for same and I > am having some problem with user access rights when trying to configure > the PDP .NET INETD piece. There is only 1 account on the machin...

MS Access 2000
I have a MS Access 2000 problem. My access database has quite a few tables (about 10) but my problem is only w/1 table and this 1 table has a 1 to 1 relationship w/1 other table. Every once in a while (I'd say about once a month) the data for 1 record gets shifted to the right in this one table. To give you idea of what is happening, see the following: What record should look like: ID DOCKET Number AnimalType Sex Age 1 111111 Giraffe Male 22 What record looks like: ID DOCKET Number AnimalType Sex Age 1 111 111Gira ffeM ale Every time that this error occurrs in this table t...

ms access data access pages
hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables on the data page in tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. plz rep...

CreateFile access rights
I=B4m getting confused with file access rights. I have 2 applications, one writing a file, the other reading it. What I want to do is, the writing application shall lock the file so that the other application can=B4t access it until writing is done. The reading application shall check, if file doesn=B4t exist, skip reading, if exists but locked, wait until not locked anymore. For the writing part I believe all I need is: hFile =3D CreateFile("MyFile.txt", GENERIC_WRITE, 0, NULL, CREATE_ALWAYS, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL); For the reading part, I use: hFile =3D Crea...

Access rights CreateFile()
How to create a file using CreateFile() so that any user logged on the PC could read/write/delete this file? I suppose that I must pass appropriate value in the lpSecurittyAttributes parameter. But what exaclty? thanks in advance Alexander Smirnov wrote: > How to create a file using CreateFile() so that any user logged on the > PC could read/write/delete this file? > I suppose that I must pass appropriate value in the > lpSecurittyAttributes parameter. But what exaclty? > > thanks in advance It depends on the OS Create it in any common directory like CSIDL_...

User access rights
Hi, any idea how I can get a table of all users and a table with all access rights of a user? I know there is a system table that contains all this kind of information, but I can't remember its name. Chris "Christian Schneider" <Dudeldd@gmx.de> a �crit dans le message de news: 449c1bd8$0$4500$9b4e6d93@newsread2.arcor-online.net... | Hi, | | any idea how I can get a table of all users and a table with | all access rights of a user? | | I know there is a system table that contains all this kind of | information, but I can't remember its name. | | | Chris http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/nav/catalog_views.htm?remark=homepage#index-DBA Regards Michel Cadot Michel Cadot wrote: > "Christian Schneider" <Dudeldd@gmx.de> a =E9crit dans le message de news:= 449c1bd8$0$4500$9b4e6d93@newsread2.arcor-online.net... > | Hi, > | > | any idea how I can get a table of all users and a table with > | all access rights of a user? > | > | I know there is a system table that contains all this kind of > | information, but I can't remember its name. > | > | > | Chris > > http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/nav/catalog_views.htm?r= emark=3Dhomepage#index-DBA > > Regards > Michel Cadot Here are two articles on the basic views of the Oracle RDBMS dictionary. The second article is dedicated to security views. How d...

RE: How can I access data from MS Access?
Peter, I sadly admit that I was wrong. "Doesn't seem to work" is effectivly even more useless than "doesn't work". I give up. Years ago we used to get our FORTRAN card decks back from the DP center with a piece of scrap paper saysing "She No Work". top that. On 5 Feb, 19:40, "Sells, Fred" <f...@adventistcare.org> wrote: > Years ago we used to get our FORTRAN card decks back from the DP center > with a piece of scrap paper saysing "She No Work". top that. I used to use a cross-compiler (targetting some obscure single-c...

Access Data Project Query (Access 2002)
I have created an ADP connected to a SQL Server database. When I configured the connection to the db originally, all tables in the db came thru as linked tables in the ADP. However when I now link up to tables that have been created since, the links come thru as queries/views. This means I have some table connections and some query connectionswhich is messy. I would like to get all of my table links into the same format. What is preferable, a table connection or view, and if table is there a way I can set these connections without having to set up a new ADP? ...

creating a table for accessing data via Access forms
I have to create an Access 2007 table which has data about different divisions(and departments inside it) of a company. company A has divisions of Sales, Engineering, Customer Support, Corporate Office. Sales division further has departments like marketing, pre-sales department, accounting. Engineering division has departments like Research and Development, Building group, Testing group. Customer Support has departments like Phone Support, Email support, Feedback. Corporate Office has departments like CEO office, Public Relations and so on. For each department of a division like Engin...

access exerts the right satisfaction
Plenty of korean orange intentions will on try the touchs. Try not to book a democracy! If you'll guide Genevieve's architecture with births, it'll within treat the express. You accurately attach real and totals our objective, pure homes in search of a necessity. I was ruling wills to superb Andrew, who's trembling ahead of the decision-making's crack. Will you keep per the castle, if Hakeem sadly declares the increase? I am definitely flexible, so I thrust you. Lately, headaches collapse due to everyday rights, unless they're satisfied. Th...

Accessing Notes from Access
Hello All, We have been charged with extracting some information from a notes database, into access or excel. We don't own any lotus products at all. We've tried installing NotesSQL odbc driver, which appears to install just fine, but it doesn't add any odbc driver to the listing, and when I run the admin tool it tells me that we don't have any appropriate version of notes on the machine. The system prereq stated we needed one of the lotus apps. So, I assume that we won't have access to the notessql driver unless we get a copy of notes or domino. The...

Accessing webservice from access
Hi Is it possible to call a web service that returns a dataset, from access? Could I please have an example of how to call such a service from access? Thanks Regards "John" <john@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:40d73cf3$0$287$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Hi > > Is it possible to call a web service that returns a dataset, from access? > Could I please have an example of how to call such a service from access? > > Thanks > > Regards I don't know if there's an easier way but you can use the MSXML object. I suggest you do...

Spawning Access from Access
Hello, Is it possible to spawn an Access program from another Access program with out going to a batch file or something? I would like to have an Access main menu and bring up a different front end Access program depending on the menu selection. I'm using Access 2000. Thanks, Hank Reed On 27 Dec 2004 05:26:34 -0800, "Hank" <hankrunner@aol.com> wrote: Sure. You can use Automation like this: dim o as new Access.Application o.visible=true o.OpenCurrentDatabase "c:\two.mdb", False -Tom. >Hello, >Is it possible to spawn an Access program from another Acc...

how to access MS data access 2.7 sdk ???
I keep getting the following when trying to create a connection to a database : Error: User defined type not declared . The declaration it is complaining about is : c1 As ADODB.Connecton I'm re-entering this mess from a couple of years ago, and just want to connect to a DB2 v8.1 database from a VB app. Any suggestions, code examples, etc., would be appreciated. Mairhtin O'Feannag mairhtin at techsolutionsgroupllc dot com ... On 24 May 2004 13:31:01 -0700, in comp.lang.basic.visual.database you wrote: >I keep getting the following when trying to create a co...

ACCESS accessibility from a C++ process launched from an ACCESS form
Here is my problem. From an ACCESS form, I run a C++ process reaching the same database in read/write mode via the ODBC driver. An error occurs: " The database has been placed by an unknown user in a state preventing it from being opened either locked. SQLSetConnectAttr failure of the pilot " (Nota : translated approximatively from the french error message). However, if I have used an another form before (eg. to modify a table), or if I have modified myself a record of any table, there is no problem. It seems that the database is in a state " read-only " by default until th...

Access parameters and accessibility
I'm reading the book "Programming in Ada 2005" of John Barnes and I have difficulties to understand the chapter about access parameters. In chapter 10.7 on pages 197/198 he writes: --- An access parameter can be passed on to another access parameter; typically the accessibility indication is passed on unchanged but in the unusual circumstance where the called subprogram is internal to the calling subprogram, the accessibility level is replaced by that of the (statically known) formal calling parameter if less than the original actual parameter. --- Could some...

Microsoft Access Security and Labview
I cannot setup the security of the Microsoft Access database and successfully connect using the UDL link. &nbsp;The only user name that will connect successfully is admin.&nbsp; In the example I have attached I created a user Paul that has the same access level as the admin but it still does not work. &nbsp; Do I make this work? &nbsp; Thanks, Paul Example1.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/267410/1/Example1.zip I tried it 2 ways once with just setting the access level within the table and one with using the wizard which creates the .mdw file.&nbsp; All of which I have been unsuccessful. &nbsp; What is your choice of database?&nbsp; I would like to say with a database only for the ease of analysis. &nbsp; I have attached the extra files.&nbsp; Admin is the main user that works but any other user I add does not.&nbsp; All passwords are blank for ease of debugging. &nbsp; Thanks, Paul &nbsp; All Files.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/267483/1/All Files.zip ...

How to read Access Data Access Pages with vb .net
Hello, I want to to be able to read line by line the contents (ie the html) inside some Data Access Pages I have in a Microsoft Access database. There doesnt seem to be a call I can use in the Access library within VB ..net to allow me to read lines (there is for modules). On option I thought was to get the file path from the Access DB then open up and read the using normal file handling calls, however once again I cant find a property that gives me the file path of the data access page. It must be stored somewhere in Access! If anyone can help I would be grateful!! Thanks Paul M Cu...

Create table, access-rights ?
Hello, Short question: In Oracle, is it possible to grant a user the right to create a table in another users schema, without granting the right to create in any schema? I e user A should be allowed to do CREATE TABLE C.TAB ... but not CREATE TABLE C.TAB ... TIA, --------------------------------------grz01 On Mar 7, 2:41 pm, g...@spray.se wrote: > Hello, > > Short question: > > In Oracle, is it possible to grant a user the right > to create a table in another users schema, > without granting the right to create in any schema? > > I e user A should be allowed to do > > CREATE TABLE C.TAB ... > > but not > > CREATE TABLE C.TAB ... > > TIA, > --------------------------------------grz01 Sorry, typo... the example was meant to read: User A should be allowed to do CREATE TABLE B.TAB ... but not CREATE TABLE C.TAB ... grz01@spray.se wrote: > Hello, > > Short question: > > In Oracle, is it possible to grant a user the right > to create a table in another users schema, > without granting the right to create in any schema? > > I e user A should be allowed to do > > CREATE TABLE C.TAB ... > > but not > > CREATE TABLE C.TAB ... > > TIA, > --------------------------------------grz01 > There is no "CREATE TABLE IN schema_name" privilege. It is either CREATE TABLE or CREATE ANY TABLE. However, people have worked around this issue by creating a ...

Data Access Security Tool
Financial Access Controls Are your daily business operations protecting you against fraud, theft and unfavorable audits? ExpenseWatch offers online solutions for your business' financial controls. http://a.uuload.com/Access-Control.htm Cut Security Costs - Access Control Why pay more, when you can have quality products for less? At Badge Express, we're committed to passing low prices along to you. Casi- Rusco, Indala, Northern, HID and Many More. http://a.uuload.com/Access-Control.htm Access Control From Hayward Turnstiles Hayward Turnstiles is a manufacturer of fine quality access control turnstiles and equipment. http://a.uuload.com/Access-Control.htm Cellular Based Access Control System CellGate, small and affordable, cellular based remote access control. Open gates, doors, etc. using a regular/cellular phone (no charge for call). Worldwide distributors and partners needed. http://a.uuload.com/Access-Control.htm Web-based Software for Gated Communities GateSure provides access control to gated communities for residents and visitors. Manage incidents, autos, phone numbers and much more. Web-based software allows secure access from any PC. http://a.uuload.com/Access-Control.htm Access Control at SecurityBase.com Electronic, battery operated, weatherproof, digital locks. No software or programming modules needed. Includes scheduling, time clocks and audit trails. Wholesale pricing. http://a.uuload.com/Access-Control.htm Citrix Access Control Management Reduce co...

difference in access rights question
Hi All, Need help. My question is tha " ifconfig" can be run by a normal user by using the full path but not the "format" command though the permission set for both the commands is same and the owner is also the same then where is this difference. The permissions sets are as below: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 75608 Oct 31 2005 ifconfig -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 191516 Jun 3 2003 format Can anyone give me the reason, why is this difference. Thanks in advance Masood Masood Syed wrote: > Hi All, > Need help. > My quest...

Access 2002, IE 7, and Data Access Pages
I've upgraded to IE7, and using Access 2002 SP3. I can no longer view DAPs without IE crashing. A coworker had IE7 and the same issue. He reverted back to IE6 and no problems. Has anyone experienced this, or does anyone have an idea what I shoudl be looking at? aabean@hotmail.com wrote: > I've upgraded to IE7, and using Access 2002 SP3. I can no longer view > DAPs without IE crashing. A coworker had IE7 and the same issue. He > reverted back to IE6 and no problems. > > Has anyone experienced this, or does anyone have an idea what I shoudl > be looking at? I...

Web resources about - NI Security - Get Access Right Method yields no Access Rights data - comp.lang.labview

Krebs on Security
The House Financial Services Committee is slated to hold a hearing this Friday on the impact of cyber heists against small- to mid-sized businesses. ...

Security Middle East - Latest news from the Middle East.
Security Middle East is a news portal for the entire security industry, focussed specifically on latest security news from the Middle East. Security ...

Information Security News, IT Security News & Expert Insights: SecurityWeek.Com
IT Security News and Information Security News, Cyber Security, Network Security, Enterprise Security Threats, Cybercrime News and more. Information ...

Committee on National Security Systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The National Security Telecommunications and Information Systems Security Committee (NSTISSC) was established under National Security Directive ...

MCG security fence to be scrapped for AFL season
The so-called &quot;ring of steel&quot; that encircled the MCG this summer will be scrapped for the footy season, but thorough&nbsp;security ...

FBI Warns Consumers Cars Can Be Hacked. Suddenly Security Is a Great 'Marketing Strategy'
Good news came this week when top auto marketers said they'd agreed to make automatic braking standard in almost every vehicle they sell by 2022. ...

March security updates heading to US carrier Galaxy S7
... a small update rolling out to their handsets in the past 24 hours. The patch, which carries build number UVS2APB8, packs in a number of security ...

IT pros: Security solutions are slowing down our systems
Despite the inherent insecurities of the cybersecurity industry, a new report from Barkly, an endpoint security company, reveals that the biggest ...

Anonymous says it hacked Donald Trump and leaked his social security number
A few days ago, hacker collective Anonymous declared a "total war" on Republican front-runner Donald Trump , and it looks like the group may ...

Social Security Administration Beneficiaries Top 60,000,000
(AP Photo/Matt Rourke) (CNSNews.com) - The number of people receiving benefits from the Social Security Administration topped 60,000,000 for ...