opening a labview 8.5 file with labview 8.21

Hello,I was working on a project at home with labview 8.21, I nearly finished this project but I addes some stuff at school where they have labview 8.5.Today I wanted to open the labview file on my computer, but It gave an error:
labview load error 9: Vi version 8.5 is newer then labVIEW version 8.2.1.Is there any way I can open the file on my computer?Or can I save the file at school als a 8.2.1 file?
thnx in advance,Seppe
0
x9561 (148440)

Hi Seppe, just save it in school using "Save to previous" from the file menu...
0
x9561 (148440)
5/22/2008 7:40:09 PM
You'll have to reopen the file on a computer with LV 8.5.  From there you can do a Save as Previous Version to save back to LV 8.2.1
0
x9561 (148440)
5/22/2008 7:40:09 PM
Hi Seppe, if you have LabView 8.5 you can save your vi for previous verions (8.2.1 and 8.0)Mike
0
x9561 (148440)
5/22/2008 7:40:10 PM
ok, thnx for all the correct answers !
0
x9561 (148440)

How to open Labview 8.5 VI in Labview 8.2
Hi I am using LabVIEW 8.2.I found one ook modulation example project(http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-1394),it was developed in Labview 8.5.I have to oepn this one in My system mean in Labview 8.2.Please tell procedure.Is it possible or not.?Thnaking you sir. It is not possible directly. Somebody with access to version 8.5 needs to save it for version 8.2. Could you attach that particular vi in your post so that somebody can save it for 8.2 Thanks, Mathan Or you can install Labview 8.5 demo. Works for 30 days.... Hi Mathan,Thanks for your reply.i need OOK Modulation (FPGA).VI and O...

Can LabView 8.5 read LabView 8.5.1 VIs
Since LabVIEW 8.5.1 is only a bug fix, can LabVIEW 8.5 read any VIs generated in LabVIEW 8.5.1? Simple answer YES. But it will the VIs compile so it is a good idea to make a mass compile in the folder where the VIs are. ...

labview 8.2 llb run with labview 8.5
On the PC I have delete labview 8.2, but I dont find the CD for reinstall. I have a .llb file made with labview 8.2, Can i run it with labview 8.5 or download labview 8.2, I muss install ii rapidelly.   tks Costello, you can update the VIs within the LLB to LV 8.5 if they do not have their blockdiagram removed.....hope this helps,Norbert How can I update ? When I start the .vi in the lbb he dont found somme .vi located in DAQmx (wrtie.lbb, start task.lbb,...) How can i install this lbb? thks Costello, if you get loading errors when opening one VI from the LLB like you the ones you ...

Open LabVIEW 8.0 files in LabVIEW 7.0
Hello,   I have developed an application in LabVIEW 8.0 and built a standalone executable just to realize that I have to deploy it in a Windows NT computer that is not compatible with LV Run Time Engine 8.0 that only supports Windows 2000 and XP. I have tried to open the labView files (*.vi) using LabVIEW 7.0 but it gives me an error. Is there any easy and clean solution to import these files in LV 7.0 in order to build a new excutable and make it compatible with Windows NT?   Regards,   Toni ...

I need convert LabVIEW 4.0 files to LabVIEW 8.5. Can it be done?
I am running LV8.5. I am upgrading and/or converting an old legacy system. All I have is the disk with the VIs from the old system. I do not have an older version of LV installed.   I can install all the way back to version 5.1. But I am concerned, can LV8.5 convert 5.1? The real question is what is the earliest version of LV that 8.5 will convert and will that version convert 4.0.1?   I have to imagine this has been done. With all the legacy systems going obsolete. This should be a common need.     Thanks for all of the responses. I have about ...

labview 8.5 to labview 7.0
i am on my labview working with 8.5but at work, we only have labview 7.0.what would be my best way to get my vi to be 7.0?thank you so muchMessage Edited by krispiekream on 06-19-2008 03:59 PM In order to go from LV 8.5 to LV 7, you will need to have LV 8.5 (save it back to 8.0), LV 8.0 (save it back to 7.1) and LV 7.1 (to save back to 7.0). If it's only a few small VI's, you can post them on the forum and ask someone to do the saves for you.  (Best if you do the save back to 8.0 and post that in order to eliminate 1 of the 3 steps for whoever will do the r...

Reference Objects in LabVIEW
Several attendees requested LabVIEW 8.5 data for the benchmarks I showed at my NI Week presentation - TS1284 - Reference Objects in LabVIEW.  In addition, the severe performance degradation seen in Datasockets going from LabVIEW 7.1 to 8.2 was an artifact of my testing environment.  I have fixed it and now actually see a performance improvement.  I have updated the presentation and zipped it and the test code in the attachment below.  I also tested in LabVIEW 8.5 with the following results, which can be compared to the presentation (same experimental setup)....

LabVIEW 8.5.1 project file cannot be opened by other users.
In LabVIEW 8.5.1 I created a project file, but other users with admin rights can not open it.&nbsp; How do I fix this? Hi Boeing,What operating system are you using?&nbsp; If you are using Vista, check out the following links.&nbsp; They have some good information on using multiple user accounts.<a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E06C1800F5AFCCBF86257236006C9F2A?OpenDocument" target="_blank">User Account Control</a> <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/DE5EA24C0036DA3686257236006CECA7?OpenDocument" target=&qu...

SPC Toolkit for LabVIEW
I started using SPC toolkit for a project in Labview 8.2.1, had no problem until I upgraded my system to labview 8.5.&nbsp; It said something like: &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Some subvis are too old to be converted to 8.5.I went to the Labview Developer suite CD album (labview 8.5), and couldn't find the SPC for LabVIEW, only for LabWindows / CVI.&nbsp; Then I went to NI's website and tried to find more about the toolkit, it seems this one had disappeared into thin air, along with the Enterprise connectivity toolkit (or Enterprice toolkit).Does anybody know if NI...

Labview 8 crashes when using Read Labview Measurement File
Hi All, &nbsp; I am a new user for Labview. I installed Labview 8.0 from the CD (evaluation copy). I was just testing the sample code provided by NI. I opened the "Load from File and Display" example and I was trying to open the properties for the Read Labview Measurement File component when&nbsp;Labview crashed. I tried it a couple of times and everytime it happens the same way (when I double click the component or right click on it). I am using Windows XP with all the updates done. In the Windows crash report, the application version is 8.0.0.4005. &nbsp; Other problem ...

labview 8.2 to 8.5?
I have an older version of labview (8.2) and wanted to know if i could update it to the current version without having to buy a whole new system. Are you asking if there are additional costs to upgrading from LV8.2 to LV8.5? If that is asking, the answer is yes.&nbsp; You can purchase a Standard Service Program (which is typically included for the first year), which means you automatically get upgrades. The other option is to go to this link: <a href="http://www.ni.com/labview/" target="_blank">http://www.ni.com/labview/</a>&nbsp;and select upgrade.&...

To Labview or not to labview
I am facing a large decision, to continue developement with labview or to m= ove on to .NET or Delphi. <br>The desire to move comes from the simple fac= t that .NET and Delphi applications 'look' more like windows applications b= oth in appearance and operation. What I am talking about are the menus for= file, edit,printing that we are so used to with such packages as Excel and= the like.<br>I tend to use labview in the following way: write an applica= tion and distribute it to MANY clients running everything from 98 to XP. I= just feel labview is moving away from th...

If i have a labview .vi file(and labview) but i want to open it in a computer that doesn't have labview, how would i do it??
Okay, i have a made a labview program and save it as.vi. &nbsp; Let's say that it is a program that when opened and you hit run it shows a sine wave. &nbsp; Now if i wanted to open up the program without Labview, ( i don't need to modify it) on a computer that doesn't have labview. How would i go about doing this?? &nbsp; Thanks, K ...

Every time I open my project file (LabView 8.5) it needs to be re-saved
Since LabView version 8.5, each and every time I open my project file (*.lvproj),&nbsp;it needs to be re-saved as indicated by the asterisk next to the project file name in the title bar of the Project Explorer. That is confirmed when I close it and a dialogue box pops up asking if I want to save the project. &nbsp; I've clicked both "Save All" file menu items. The asterisk goes away and I can close the project without the dialogue box opening. But if I immediately re-open the project, the asterisk is there again. &nbsp; Note that I have not made any changes - it occ...

How to save in labview 7, from labview 8
Need to open my LV 8 VI in LV7, due to different plattforms... &nbsp; How do I make it possible? Hi, You will have to save out your VI&nbsp;using LabVIEW 8 first, select the Save with options. Then you can select the previous version, which probably is 7.1. ( You will have to repeat the procedure using LV7.1) If you have used any of the new functions and featured in your VI(s), then these will be lost when you save backwards. Hope this helps Regards Ray Farmer Hi Ray, 1) I was just trying your advice on my system and I don't see 'Save with Option' .&nbsp; There is Sav...

Installation of LabView 8 after LabView 6
Good afternoon everybody, &nbsp; I've got a big problem with LabView. The fact is that I begin with this software... I've just installed LabView 8 on a computer where LabView 6 was installed. Once the installation finished, I tried to launch a VI That was developped under the old version. &nbsp; The problem is that two VI can't be found : - AI Sample Channel.vi - AI Acquire Waveform.vi Therefore, I can't use anymore the program that was working before... What is the solution to get everything ok please ? Thank you very much ! SylvianTriquigneaux, the VI will now...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #8
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Would a LabVIEW 8.5 Executable play nice with LabVIEW 7.1 Development on the Same System?
Our testing computer right now just has the user&nbsp;run the corresponding .vi file since we have LabVIEW 7.1 installed on the computer. &nbsp; If I use 8.5 to compile this .vi to an executable, I realize that I must install the run-time support for 8.5.&nbsp; My question is what effect will installing the 8.5 run-time have on the ability to continue to run the other 7.1 VIs with LabVIEW 7.1.&nbsp; &nbsp; Should I be concerned with losing MAX settings when installing the run-time support for 8.5? I want to be able to run 8.5 executables but also able to open up a 7.1 .vi ...

Opening VI written in labview 5.0 with version 8.5
Hi, I am new to Labview. I have&nbsp;VIs to capture the Tektronics real time scope waveforms written in Labview 5.0.&nbsp;I am&nbsp;currently using is&nbsp;evaluation version 8.5. I am getting an error that the new version does not support these old files. I just want to open these files and look at the code for reference. Can anyone suggest a way to open these files. &nbsp; &nbsp; Thanks, Chakradhar One way would be for someone to open it in a version that still supported it and is supported by LV8.5. &nbsp; For instance, if you post the VI(s) (and hopefully not...

Scilab Gateway under Labview 8.2 and 8.5
Hi Newsgroup, i am a Labview Starter and working for a longer time with Scilab. Herefore, the gateway function is a nice tool for me. When i create a VI with the Scilab Gateway, it works really perfect under Labview 8.2.1 (Jubilee Edition), but under Labview 8.5 the VI seems to be not correct. The "Run"-Arrow is displayed broken, nothing works. Funny Effect in Labview 8.5 beside: In a few cases i've seen the effect, that my VI works just one time, then never again ? Have i done mistakes while installing anything. Or are there hidden registry entries ? Best Regards Andreas ...

upgrading cRIO from Labview 7 to Labview 8
Hi again :) I have a cRIO system that is running Labview 7. It runs fine. No problems. We've upgraded to LV8 and I'm wondering if I should convert the LV7 system to LV8. The only reason I would do this is because for me LV8 is much easier to work with regarding cRIO (using DMA, setting up the project etc.). Now, if I attempt to upgrade the LV7 cRIO system, what kinds of problems will I run in to? I assume it means formatting the cRIO, installing LV8, converting the program from LV7 to LV8... &nbsp; Is there an FAQ regarding this, specifically about the cRIO? &nbsp; Thanks, Jeff...

labview 8.0 to labview 7.0
Hi, Can somebody save the below VIs in LV 8.0&nbsp;for LV 7.0, please... ?! Find Power Interrupt Time.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335061/1/Find Power Interrupt Time.vi Remove Element(s) from Array.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335061/2/Remove Element(s) from Array.vi Hi Partha,Here are the VIs in LV7.0.Have a nice day Find Power Interrupt Time.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335070/1/Find Power Interrupt Time.vi Remove Element(s) from Array.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335070/2/Remove Element(s) from Array.vi ...

Moving from Labview 8.0 -&gt;8.5
Hi there, I was developing in Labview 8.0 and things were going fine. However when I upgraded to Labview 8.5 my solution just began to behave wierdly. &nbsp; My event parameter from a&nbsp;&nbsp;C# DLL&nbsp;which is an array&nbsp;that were being passed suddenly arrive empty arrays. When I use the Labview 8.0 to recheck, the event parameter was being passed correctly with data. Thus I copied out the C# dlls and created a small portion of the solution with the event handling in a new project in Labview8.5 and behold that the event now works. &nbsp; I would like to know ...

How do I open a 7.1VI with a 8.5 labview ?
Some of my Sub vi's are missing when I try to open the file. I was told not all the DAQ drivers are installed. Is there any other way I can try and view the sub VIs ? odsnot wrote: Some of my Sub vi's are missing when I try to open the file. I was told not all the DAQ drivers are installed. There will be no problem, in opening a 7.1 file with LV 8.5&nbsp; What DAQ ur having? Have u installed all the driver files? odsnot wrote:Some of my Sub vi's are missing when I try to open the file. Some of subvi's means how much? what file ur trying to open? Please give bit ...

Web resources about - opening a labview 8.5 file with labview 8.21 - comp.lang.labview

Opening of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The opening of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway ( L&M ) took place on 15 September 1830. Work on the L&M began in the 1820s, to connect the ...

Facebook Weekly Highlights Brings You The NFL’s Opening Week, More U.S. Open Action
Facebook Weekly Highlights features photos posted to the social network by celebrities and athletes. This week’s edition featured the photo to ...

Sharing some childhood dreams in the opening keynote at #SmallSatBiz today. More:https://www.flickr ...
jurvetson posted a photo: SmallSat Symposium agenda ... and I am followed by the CEO of NewSpace Global, Mr. Dick Rocket. Seriously. =) And ...

5 things to do today: See the opening of the exhibition Once Upon a Time and buy tickets for Taste of ...
Our daily round up of things to do. See the opening of the exhibition Once Upon a Time, buy tickets now for Taste of Dubai, register your children ...

'Home: Between Here and There' exhibition opening
... Centre for Christianity and Culture in Barton. [ Canberra Times ] Canberra Times - ACT News 'Home: Between Here and There' exhibition opening ...

Malaysian Prime Minister meets w/ Apple to discuss opening R&D & app development centers
... coverage of AAPL Company , Apple , and Lisa Jackson . What do you think? Discuss "Malaysian Prime Minister meets w/ Apple to discuss opening ...

New restaurants NYC: Openings to check out - am New York
Stay in the know on new restaurants to visit in NYC.

Made in Seattle: New device speeds up data center openings
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has awarded a patent to two Seattle-area companies for a machine used in the commissioning of data centers. ...

Deradoorian doing March residency at Union Pool after opening for Baths at Baby's
... has shows coming up this year in NYC, Australia and Japan, and she's in the process of booking European dates too. Her first NYC show is opening ...

You need to watch this video of Google's latest robot opening doors, getting bullied and being pushed ...
In December 2013, Google bought Boston Dynamics , an engineering company that creates mind-blowing mobile research robots for the military. At ...