PDA error message 640651003 or 200144003 "Unable to lock memory chunk"

Aloha!

I just upgraded from LV 7.1 to 8.0 and have trouble with a LV-for-PDA-VI which used to run under 7.1: The VI starts but immediately produces an error message error message with either code 640651003 or code 200144003 and the text description "Unable to lock memory chunk". My VI on the PDA communicates with an instrument over Bluetooth; to check whether it was working in principle I wrote a very much simplified version of my VI which only opens a BT connection and then diplays what it's receiving. This still worked. As soon as I use the Bluetooth write VI though (3 times in a subVI, to set some things on my instrument) I get this very unclear error message. Has anybody else ever seen this? What does it mean??

cheers
  Martin
0
x9561 (148439)

Hi Martin
Did you upgrade your version of the PDA modual when you upgraded Labview.
I believe I read that 7.1 PDA modual was not compatible with LV 8.0.
Eric
0
x9561 (148439)
9/27/2006 5:40:08 PM
hi  if you receive this error, you should open these
VIs, place a VI on the block diagram then delete the VI you placed on
the block diagram. Basically, when an item is placed on the block
diagram, this triggers LabVIEW to examine all wires and prototypes and
the type mismatch caused by the property change on the Windows
development machine will be corrected. If this is not what you are
experiencing, please provide some more details about your application and what you are doing to reproduce this error.  Thanks!Marco B (NIG)
0
x9561 (148439)
9/28/2006 2:40:08 PM
To answer the first question: I am using LV 8.0 and PDA module 8.0. I just noticed the 8.01 upgrade and LV is mass-compiling after I installed it right now.
In answer to the second reply: I would have thought that the "build all" command would re-examine everything anyway? However, it probably is something different, at least I managed to solve my problem and the VI now works:
In my write VI, I was checking the incoming Bluetooth refnum against the "not a refnum" constant. I have to explain here that I am writing an application that should run both on a PC and on a PDA, and while of course the app is not 100% identical, the two top-level apps which run on PC and PDA respectively use many common subVIs. So I developed these subVIs first for the PC version and now ported it to the PDA. What I believe happens is this: this "not a refnum" constant is not supported on the PDA (at least I couldn't find it on the PDA functions palette). For reasons unclear to me, the VI still is compiled for the PDA, but when it runs, it crashes. The check against "not a refnum" was in this VI as a error-check; I thought it was a good idea at the time :.-)

After removing the check against not a refnum the VI runs on the PDA. If my assumption above is right, then I am mystified as to why the LV compiler doesn't produce an error message for unsupported functions on the PDA!

cheers
  Martin

0
x9561 (148439)
9/28/2006 3:10:10 PM
PS: after reading my original message, I realize that something isn't right: I must have added the check against "not a refnum" for the PC in between two versions for the PDA - so it used to work under 7.1, then I added the not a refnum check and upgraded to 8.0, and after the upgrade I thought that there were no significant changes. So it's not a problem of upgrading from 7.1 to 8.0 but a problem of being able to use an unsupported function for the PDA without a compiler error ocurring.
cheers
  Martin
0
x9561 (148439)

LabView PDA module gives error "unable to lock memory chunk"
I've written a LabVIEW PDA Application that reads an ASCII decimal string through a PDA serial port. I can display the string ok, but when I try to convert the string to a number using the decimal string to number VI I get the error message "App failed. Error Code 172649003. Unable to lock memory chunk." Any ideas? ...

"out of memory" error message and "segment violation" or "segmentation fault (on linux)": the partially solution
Dear all, try these solution (origin support matlab): type the command line at the top of your .m file: feature accel off You can type the same at prompt matlab. If you are lucky, the message diseppaers. Type feature accel on for toggle (on is the default mode). Alain, who as very big experience with "out of memory and segmentation fault" ...

LabVIEW 8.2 -- "unable to locate LabView run-time" error message
I am trying to run a LabVIEW version 8 exe file and keep getting the "Unable to locate" error. I downloaded LabVIEW_8.2_Runtime_Engine.exe from the NI website and installed the entire contents of the distribution. After getting the error, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, with the same result. Is there some way I can troubleshoot this? Is there a configuration file or a registry entry I can check to see where LabVIEW is looking for the run-time? ...

when i use "vxload bootrom" in the dos shell,i get the error message "not enough memory to load".
when i use "vxload bootrom" in the dos shell,i get the error message "not enough memory to load".why???????? in my config.sys I already set the "DOS=HIGH,UMB"and "FILE=30". my tornado's version is 2.2,and vxworks is 5.5 ...

top 10 easy fixit: dont forget "out of memory" and "error segmentation memory"
Dear support matlab, This case is certainly the case to solve with priority, i think. (report to support@mathworks.fr 2 or 3 years ago) Alain ...

Error message: "Unable to connect...."
Hello group! Since a few days I'm a proud user of OpenSuse Linux 10.2 and I'm lovin' it! After using open source software under Windows, just to get used to these programs, I finally made the switch! I've installed almost all software and didn't encounter any problems, accept for one! I work a lot with Oracle-XE and want to use it under Linux also, of course. On the command line I've installed the database with the 'RPM' command and also filled out all the parameters (e.g. port for homepage). After installation I got the message that this was successfully done, but when I clicked on the 'Go To Database Homepage' shortcut I received this message: "Unable to connect. Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:8080". Can somebody point me in the right direction for getting this to work? Apache is installed and all of my virtual servers are working, so this can't be the problem. Or...? I also temporary shut down Suse Firewall, but the result remained the same. I hope you can help me solve this problem, because I haven't got a foggiest clue what I am overseeing here. Thanks a million for your help. -- Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Met vriendelijke groeten, Ton Wibier Jeroton software/internet services Ton Wibier schrieb: > Hello group! > > Since a few days I'm a proud user of OpenSuse Linux 10.2 and I'm lovin' it! > After using open source softwar...

about "++" and "--"

why "::", not "."

Changing case "message" to "MESSAGE"
Working my way through Koenig & Moo "Accelerated C++" and using Borlang Builder 5 (but that is probably not relevant) I reached exercise 1-1 and typed in #include <vcl.h> #pragma hdrstop #include <iostream> #include <string> int main(int argc, char*argv[]} { const std::string hello = "Hello" // This by itself compiled const std::string message = "Hello" // and other stuff which I have //left out here. system("PAUSE"); return 0; } But I left caps lock on, and by mistake typed MESSAGE, an...

"out" and "in out"
Hi i found the following explaination: In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. Ada "in out" parameters have a reliable initial value (that passed in from the calling subprogram) and may be modified within the scope of the called procedure. Ada "out" parameters have no reliable initial value, but are expected to be assigned a value within the called procedure. What does "have no reliable initial value" mean when considering the "out" parameter? By chance I created a small program as follows: =========== s : string := "CAT"; procedure modify ( s1 : out string ) is begin s1(2) := 'U'; end modify; ... put ( modify(s) ); =========== now I get as a result "CUT", and i dont understand why i get this result. Doesnt the "out" specify that its initial value isnt passed in via the parameter? But it seems to be passed in the above. In fact the "out" is acting like an "in out". I am a little confused. Could someone shed some light on this? Many thanks! zork "zork" <zork@nospam.com> wrote in message news:4104d5de@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi i found the following explaination: > > In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are > effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. > Ada "in out&q...

Labview &quot;Fatal Internal Error &quot;memory.cpp&quot; line 1038
Hi, &nbsp; This is an example file provided by NI and can be found in Labview 8.2\examples\instr\niHSDIO: Dynamic Generation.lib. Inside this library, there is a file called "Dynamic Generation.vi". If I copied "Dynamic Generation.vi" to other place, the labview will crash. Error message: &nbsp; "Fatal Internal Error. "memory.cpp". Line 1038. Labview version 7.1.1. You will lose any unused work, please contact NI, etc, etc" &nbsp; In the mean time, the Windows freeze. Mouse right click no response. No status bar at the bottom of the screen. The whole desktop is blank. All icons on the desktop disappeared. I have to log-off and re-login to re-active everything. &nbsp; I also tried to copy&nbsp;other VI's in other library files. Same thing happened. &nbsp; Thanks, Jing I&nbsp;was using Labview 8.2.1 when I had this crash, though I have Labview 7 installed in the same computer. When I "copy the file to some other place", I mean: Click the *.vi file, ctrl-c and ctrl-v to some other directory. Thanks, Jing ...

Error Code &quot;1097.....this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory..........&quot; appears after exit the labview and re-start labview
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a probelm when I use the "tool/import shared library(.dll)" wizard&nbsp;to generate the&nbsp;API from C. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The API &nbsp;works correctly when I complete the wizard, but after I exit labview and re-start labview to run&nbsp;the API&nbsp;again. The error 1097 code "......this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory.............."appears. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The only solution now is to re-generate or update the wizard to&nbsp;generate the API. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I try to find the answer in &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/58596F5D41CE8EFB862562AF0074E04C?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/58596F5D41CE8EFB862562AF0074E04C?OpenDocument</a>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The paragraph in above article shows ........................... &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "LabVIEW does not crash until it is closedThe most likely problem is that the DLL function being called has corrupted th...

[compilation error] debugging this error message "Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to"
Hi,I have a class called Device that instantiates another class DbMoneyin this manner:=== return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() );===1) Both are in the same package, i.e. my.IMoney & my.Device2) When I compile them, javac complains with the error:Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to (my.IMoney,java.lang.String) return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() ) ^Q) My arguments to the DbMoney constructor match that of its declaredmethod parameters. So that can't be the problem. What am I doingwrong ?Gavin On Mar 28, 3:25 pm, "Gavin" <gavin.emp...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hi,G'day. Please note that starting a post'ssubject line with words in '['/']' will causethem to be hidden in the the GG groups list.I suggest not to do that, so everyone can seethe entire subject line.> I have a class called Device that instantiates another class DbMoney> in this manner:...> return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() );...> Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to (my.IMoney,> java.lang.String)> return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() )> ^>> Q) My arguments to the DbMoney constructor match that of its declared> method parameters.Do they? Your code snippets do not supportthat, or more accurately, if we had an SSCCE*,we could confirm that for ourselves.>..So that can't be the problem. What am I doing> wrong ?...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

Continuation of "Arrrgh! rsync "chroot failed" error message!"
I find myself in the same situation of the author of the thread entitled "Arrrgh! rsync "chroot failed" error message!" See http://tinyurl.com/o9kog or http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.networking/browse_frm/thread/6aa9b7a694b59b9b/9bb8512e8f6c233a?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#9bb8512e8f6c233a .. I am trying to use rsync to synchronize some files between two systems. I'm planning on doing this rather frequently, so it's my understanding that I should use the rsync daemon mode, and using ssh is basically a requirement as well. My most recent successful step was to link the /etc/rsyncd.conf file to $HOME for my remote user, and I'm now getting this error: $ rsync --rsh="ssh" -av --delete test.txt remoteHost::ModuleName/my/path @ERROR: chroot failed rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1296) [sender=2.6.8] Basically, what I want to know is this: In the thread above, the response was basically, "If you want to use ssh, then don't use the rsync daemon." That seems to be a common response on the web. Is it true? Is there a sensible way to use both ssh and the rsync daemon? As a related question, what is the additional overhead for NOT running rsync in daemon mode? Thanks. kenney@lucent.com <kenney@lucent.com> wrote: > I am trying to use rsync to synchronize some files between two systems. > I'm planning on doing this rather frequently, so it's...

Error message "no memory for rx list"
Anyone know what causes mbuf starvation? P3-600 running 4.3R with a 3C905-TX card. I had it crash out with that "no memory for rx list" message yesterday. I Googled and found the workaround, but it seems like a dodgy solution. What's the real cause of the problem? Thanks, -Scott Scott wrote: > Anyone know what causes mbuf starvation? > > P3-600 running 4.3R with a 3C905-TX card. I had it crash out with that "no > memory for rx list" message yesterday. I Googled and found the workaround, > but it seems like a dodgy solution. What's the real cause of the problem? I found new 3COM cards very unfriendly to both Linux and BSD. I have constant problems with them, ESPECIALLY memory (buffer) management under (not THAT heavy load). -- Pawel Kraszewski ...

ORA-04031: unable to allocate 2097152 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool","unknown object","hash-join subh","QERHJ Hash Table Entries")
We getting the following error in our database: ORA-04031: unable to allocate 2097152 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool","unknown object","hash-join subh","QERHJ Hash Table Entries")" We have already tried the following: 1. Flushing shared pool 2. Bouncing db Bouncing does resolve the problem temporarily but then it comes back again? Size of the shared pool has been same throughtout but problem has started to appear recently. Any clues anyone? On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 05:55:19 -0000, purohitatul@gmail.com wrote: >We getting the following error in our database: >ORA-04031: unable to allocate 2097152 bytes of shared memory ("shared >pool","unknown object","hash-join subh","QERHJ Hash Table Entries")" > >We have already tried the following: >1. Flushing shared pool >2. Bouncing db > >Bouncing does resolve the problem temporarily but then it comes back >again? >Size of the shared pool has been same throughtout but problem has >started to appear recently. >Any clues anyone? Posts without version should be avoided. You are using bind variables? -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Aug 30, 12:55 am, purohita...@gmail.com wrote: > We getting the following error in our database: > ORA-04031: unable to allocate 2097152 bytes of shared memory ("shared > pool","unknown object","hash-join subh","QERHJ Hash Tab...

Suddenly unable to acces Wireless Routers, acess points
I am running an IBM THinkpad R40 and never had a problem until I went to a Holiday Inn and could not connect to the internet, and their "expert" came in and made some changes to XP that allowed me to finally connect to their network. I had not tried any wireless connections since then, until last weekend. Now I can't even access my wireless router or wireless access point, which I rarely use. Recently, when I try to access a wireless access point, and all the hardware and drivers have been updated and checked, I get the folloowing error message: "Find Wireless Networks&...

Error message "String or Binary data would be trunicated", " The statement has been terminated"
Dear All, I have written an update trigger that should write a message to an audit table When I try to update any field in the table I recieve the following error message - [ODBC Sql Server Driver] [Sql Server] Stirng or Binary data would be trunicated [ODBC Sql Server Driver] [Sql Server] The statement has been termined. I have looked and what has been suggested is to use the response.write len() to check the length of field that I am updating. Being fairly new to SQL-Server, I do not know how to do this. Any help will be most welcome. Thanks, Jeff Jeff Magouirk wrote: > I have looked and what has been suggested is to use the > response.write len() to check the length of field that I am updating. > Being fairly new to SQL-Server, I do not know how to do this. Any > help will be most welcome. Response.Write is an ASP thing, not a SQL thing. You can't reference Response.Write within a trigger. Post your trigger and let's see what you have. The error indicates that you are trying to put a string into a field and the string is longer than the field is declared to be. You can suppress the error with SET ANSI_WARNINGS OFF, but the data itself will still be truncated to fit the field. -- Steve Troxell [posted and mailed. please reply in news] Jeff Magouirk (magouirkj@njc.org) writes: > I have written an update trigger that should write a message to an audit > table When I try to update any field in the table I recieve the fo...

how to insert "Outlook Mime Editor" into a project, error is "Unable to Instantiate"
Hi, I have a win32 application, and i'm "Inserting An ActiveX control" using the resource editor in MSVC++ 6.0. I'm trying to insert a outlook editor thingy (the one that outlook express uses to display messages from newsgroups) into my application, and before it draws it in the resource editor it says that it's unable to Instantiate the object, and then if you click ok (being the only button) it says that the ocx is missing some files (but thats not possible bc i'm using the WINNT\System32\.ocx Any ideas? ...

Using FileStream and XmlSerializer: Gives me the error:The instruction at "0x635e0719" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The momory could not be "read
I am trying to serialize a collection to disk using the code provided. This works just fine but when I try do copy and past the xml file to another location or sometimes even just click on the file it gives me the error: The instruction at "0x635e0719" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The momory could not be "read. Could anyone please help out with this I also tried putting the code in a try catch finally and closed the filestream. Here is the code in the simplest form XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(SSHistoryEntryList)); using(FileStream fileStream = new FileStream(file.FullName, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write, FileShare.Read)) { serializer.Serialize(fileStream, historyEntryList); } ...

Error Message: "Program too big to fit in memory"
I am running Windows XP at home and have Office XP installed. The problem is that I need to use equation editor and it is not displayed, but I found a fix. The problem is that when I try to run setup.exe from the command prompt off the CD, I get the error message referenced above. I have checked and there seems to be enough memory. Also, I having seen references to an old virus that gives the same message (green joker), but my virus scan doesn't find any viruses. Any suggestions of what I should do. I really need equation editor. Thanks ...

"Insufficient virtual memory" error message in Linux
I am running a fortran program (it's a quantum chemistry program, a modification of "Columbus") on a machine with a Pentium D (that is, a dual core pentium 4), 4GB of ram and linux redhat. The program was compiled with Intel Fortran compiler 9.1 My problem is that if I tell the program to use more than 2 GB of ram the program eventually crashes with a message "insufficient virtual memory". I am still trying to understand if this issue arises because of an intrinsic limit of the CPU, of linux or of the compiler (or combinations of all three). I'm not an exper...

Web resources about - PDA error message 640651003 or 200144003 "Unable to lock memory chunk" - comp.lang.labview