porting labview 6.1 to 7.1

Hi: I am working on a Labview program which I worte a similar one on LV 6.1.  I just upgrade to 7.1 recently.  I was trying to copy some of my code from my pervious 6.1 program to my 7.1 program.  Strange thins is that same code works fine on LV6.1 environment but cause error on 7.1 environment.  I have tried to move the code to a stand alone 7.1 vi.  It worked fine when I first executed, but cause error the second time.  I also have tried to re-write the code using 71 function.  It did not work also.
Can anyone give me a hint what's going on???

Untitled99.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/135515/1/Untitled99.vi
0
x9561 (148439)

Can I run a LabVIEW 7.1 Application on a system with LabVIEW 6.1?
The VI App did not run properly, even after I installed the LabVIEW 7.1 Run time engine. Perhpas I need to uninstall the LV 6.1 run time engine? Thank you for any suggestions; perhaps it's something minor that I'm overlooking! Are you talking about a 7.1 exe or VI? An executable will run with 6.1 installed and the 7.1 run-time. A 7.1 VI will only run with 7.1 development system. When you say it did not run properly, what exactly do you mean? I am referring to trying to run a 7.1 EXE application on a system with a resident 6.1 development environment, and the 7.1 run-time engine ins...

Is LabVIEW 7.1 Aug2005 identical to LabView 7.1 May2005?
I am attempting to have a coworker at a remote site set up their PC with the exact same software as one that I have here.  I used the August 2005 CDs from Developer Suite.  My coworker tells me that he has the TestStand 3.1, and the Device Driver CDs from the Aug2005 Dev Suite shipment, but he can only find LabView 7.1 from the May2005 delivery.   I would like to safely assume that LabView 7.1 is LabView 7.1, regardless of whether it was shipped in May or August, but it is really important to me to make absolutely sure that we end up with the same software versions.  So I was hoping somebody could confirm that the May and August CDs (Dev Suite, 2005) contain the exact same LabView software version.   I noticed that there were 3 LabView 7.x version selections for submitting this issue;  7.0    7.1    and    7.1.1   I set up my PC using Aug2005 CDs and my LabView splash screen shows "7.1".  Can I assume that if I had version 7.1.1 that I would see "7.1.1" on the splash screen?  (Many pieces of software do not show the 2nd decimal point or anything past it on their splash screen.  The Help | About selection for LabView just ends up showing the splash screen again.)   My Aug2005 CD shows "7.1" printed on it.  Can I assume that my LabView CD would have &quo...

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

Controlling VI Logger 1.1.1 with LabVIEW 7.1
I have LabVIEW 7.1 on my system and installed VI Logger (1.1 them upgraded to 1.1.1). I would like to programatically control VI Logger with LabVIEW. There are references to VIs under the Advanced pallate to do just that, but I cannot find them or any help files to explain what to do. Where do I find these VIs? ...

'Serial Port Init.vi' problems between versions 6.1 & 7.1 of Labview
Hi there,   I created a Card Test Program using Labview 6.1 in 2003, it now requires changes to be carried out.   My company is now using Labview 7.1, however, once I have created an executable from the vi's and attempt to run it on the target system I get an Error 37 with the 485 card, labview device not found. Yet if the changes are made within Labview 6.1 it runs fine (but as we are now using labview 7.1 it is preffered that I use that.   I presume this is an issue with the 'Serial Port Init.vi' that I am using, everything else works fine, except any of the vi's that are used to initialise, communicate with and close a 485 port. Is there any differences between the ?Serial Port Init.vi? that comes with Labview 6.1 and that which comes with Labview 7.1. Any help gratefully appreciated.   Regards   Simon Snoddy It is the old serial functions that I am using. The data is being sent directly from an FPGA, I therefore have to use the 'Type Cast' function to convert the string into binary so that I can manipulate it, but at the moment, using Labview 7.1 I can't even initialise the 485 ports. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Cheers Simon Hello Simon, The issue that you are seeing is due to the fact that serial communications methods in LabVIEW were changed between LabVIEW 6.1 and LabVIEW 7.x. The serial compatibility vi's that you were using were modified to make use of VIS...

Labview 7.1 to 6.1 conversion
Hi   I'm developing the automation for analyses. I am using a multichannel potentiostat from Bio-Logic. The manufacturer gives the drivers and example in LabVIEW 7.1; unfortunately I have to use LabVIEW 6.1 only.   Would you mind converting the enclosed package to v6.1?   Many thanks in advance. Xu EC-Lab development package.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/228002/1/EC-Lab development package.zip ...

Converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1
Can anyone help me converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1   Format date/time i 5.1 does not support weeks in new millenium   In LabView 5.1 i get that the first week in 2006 i week 52. But the format date/time in LabView 7.1 works fine. week.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/159626/1/week.vi Am I right in understanding you want to convert to a version whioch does NOT work properly? I can't do it, but I'm sure someone will. However, bear in mind that some functions are not available in LV 5.1 which are in 7.1.  I can't open your VI, so I don't actually know what's in your VI. May I ask why you want to convert to a non-working version? Shane. I want to convert because some of our test are still running on LV5.1 We have encountered the problem with extracting the week number from the Windows time. My new VI i made the same way i LV 7.1 as it was i LV 5.1, but the function Format date/time string works in LV 7.1 I use the component Get Date/Time In Seconds and Format Date/Time Strint with format date/time string %W That is correct. It works in LV 7.1 but not in LV 5.1 mme@develco.dk wrote:Can anyone help me converting a VI from LabView 7.1 down to LabView 5.1   Format date/time i 5.1 does not support weeks in new millenium   In LabView 5.1 i get that the first week in 2006 i week 52. But the format date/time in LabView 7.1 works fine.I'm not sure what you are talking abou...

How do I upgrade my VIs from LabVIEW 3.1 to LabVIEW 7.1
  Hello,   I have met a well known problem. I have to re-use some VIs from old version of LabView (3.1) to newer.   Every bit of documention I have found speaks about LabVIEW VI Conversion Kit, with this given part number 776874-03.  But I can not get it.   Is there somebody to give me a solution? I am working with Windows XP & LabView 7.1.   Thank you.     ...

Calling Matlab 7.1 from LabView 6.1
Hello, I am using LabView 6.1 and I have recently installed Matlab 7.1 on the same machine. When I try to call Matlab by a Matlab script node, I only get the error message that the script could not be executed and that a failure occured calling the script server. (This does not depend on what script I implement.) Earlier, I had Matlab 6.5 which worked well with the script nodes. What can I do to get the script nodes running? Hello&nbsp;ffffff&nbsp; :) I can pretty much assure you that LabVIEW 6.1 has not been tested with MATLAB 7.1, and "officially" I might go so far as to say it's not supported. That said, you might try downloading the MATLAB Script.zip file attached to this KnowledgeBase entry: <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4475BC3CEB062C9586256D750058F14B" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4475BC3CEB062C9586256D750058F14B</a> Follow the directions in the KB to update the matscript.dll file in your LabVIEW 6.1 distribution, and this might resolve the issue.&nbsp; This addressed numerous issues with the MATLAB script node so that version 7.0 of MATLAB would work well with LabVIEW.&nbsp; I'm not sure if this version of the matscript.dll has been tested with LabVIEW 6.1 or not, but in theory it should work.&nbsp; Also, if the problems you are encountering are new to MATLAB 7.1 in specific, there may not yet be a solution for this; I don't know how new MATLAB 7....

Using Labview 7.1 code on 6.1
Hi there, I was wondering if there's any way to open Labview 7.1 code on Labview 6.1. I wrote a lot of code using 7.1, and now I'm using a machine with 6.1. It's okay if some of the sub-vi's don't work. I just need the thing to open up. Thanks. Jenni. Hi again, Yes, I would appreciate it if someone could do the conversion for me. There are 3 pieces of code. It's written in 7.1 (OSX version), and I'd like it in 6.1 (PC). Also, help yourself to the code if anyone out there could use a post-processor for a 6 degree-of-freedom load cell. Thanks. Jenni. zero_signal.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/157613/1/zero_signal.vi anatomical_coords_insitu.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/157613/2/anatomical_coords_insitu.vi insitu_experiment.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/157613/3/insitu_experiment.vi Two comments : - save your vis as 7.0. That the least you can do for your helpers ! - don't forget to attach subvi's such as the XY chart buffer and others First of all: Sorry that I can't offer any help jenni , As I only have LV 7.1 and LV 7 on different machines. I'm here to ask about convertion form ver 7.1 to ver 7.0, What I understood now is that I have to install both versions in one machine (which is&nbsp;the thing that I thought it cause a problem!) so I can save my ver 7.1 VIs as 7.0&nbsp;... Am I right ? Thanks Ayman_Metwally wrote: Am I right ? No. You don't need to install...

LabView 6.1 subVIs cannot be opened under 7.1.
Some subVIs written under LabView 6.1 cannot be opened under 7.1 with the argument, that they have no block diagram! Surely they have, and when one tries to open the VI, message for error code 11 appears, and the Vi is left closed. How can be this problem solved? Do you handle images in your VIs No,definitely not! It's certainly possible that they might not have a block diagram. That is an option when saving VIs and often third-party vendors will distribute VIs that way as a security measure. When creating an LLB meant for an executable, the diagram will be removed as well. Where did th...

Save VI developed in Labview 6.1 to work in Labview 5.1
I have been working with Labview 6.1 but I need to execute my VIs in Labview 5.1 too. What can I do to reuse all the VIs without having to develop them again in Labview 5.1? I am not able to save my VIs as 5.1 from Labview 6.1 It only allows me to save them as Labview 6.0 Thank you! Assuming they can be converted, and there's not too many, you might want to try posting them here for someone to convert. (convert to 6.0 first and zip) Not too elegant but may get you out of a bind. Hello, Yes, each new version of LabVIEW only carries the capability to save for one version previous. So, you would need to save the 6.1 VIs for vesion 6.0, and then from LabVIEW 6.0 save for 5.1. If there aren't too many VIs, one of our engineers here would most likely have no problem with making the conversion for you. You could email NI with them to make it more private, if you'd like, rather than posting them on the site. (To create an email request, go to www.ni.com/ask). Hope this helps! Liz Fausak National Instruments ...

[Installation] Labview 6.1 or 7.1 setup hangs on NT4sp6
Hi, We are having a little problem with the installation of both Labview 6.1 and Labview 7.1 Developer on a NT4 Service Pack 6 machine. During the setup process, the progress stops and the msiexec.exe hangs, taking 100% of the CPU. This problem happened first with LV 6.1. Then I tried installing LV 7.1 and the setup hang while installing the runtime environment. With LV 6.1, the setup hangs during the initialization process. Labview 5 and 6.0 run-time where previously installed on the system. Uninstalling them did not help. I noted that during the setup process, multiple instances of msiexec.exe are running. After the setup hangs, only one of them caps the CPU at 100%. The other can be killed, closing the user interface, but the one taking the full CPU load cannot be killed (access denied, even as local administrator). Cancelling the installation from the setup user interface has no effect. Microsoft Installer (MSI) verbose logging did not show any specific errors although I am not too familiar with logs from MSI. Updating MSI from version 1 to version 2 did not help in any way either. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Any suggestions? Thanks! Erik Hello Erik, &nbsp; Just of couple of things. Are you installing a full copy of LabVIEW or just the Run Time Engine? If it is just the Run Time Engine, try downloading it again. There may have been an error during the download that messed up the installer. If it is the full copy of L...

Why cannot a VI be run in LabView version 7.1, if it ran in version 6.1?
I developed a VI in LabView 6.1 and try to open it in version 7.1. The error was as follows "Compile Error - Report this error to NI Tech Support: nmx unbundler bad sea/eea or edisp-sdisp = 0x1" It was suggested to me that I should mass compile all my 6.1 files, before opening them in version 7.1. I did so and then the error became "Code could not be generated correctly for this VI / An error occurred in compiling this VI" Please advise of a potential solution. Regards, Raluca C. A couple things you might try. Open the offending VI in 6.1 and do a "Save As" a...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #6
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win2k and Labview 5.0; on the new machine we planned to use WinXP Pro and Labview 7.1. The acquisition part of the VI uses 2 CINs. One is used to configure the FPGA on the Multifunctions board at initialization. The second CIN reads he buffers received from the board and puts them into the shape of an image. &nbsp; Now since we tried in WinXP Pro and Labview 7.1, we get some kind of weird bugs. Either there is a big problem concerning the synchronization of the mirros with the acquisition or with the image reconstruction. We have already tried : &nbsp; 1. Putting everything back into the old machine to verify there has not been any damage to the boards. OK 2. Using the boards in the new machine but with Win2000 and Labiew 5.0, just to be sure that there are no conflicting elements in the hardware. OK &nbsp; As we wanted to check everything slowly but surely we then installed LV ...

LabVIEW 7.1.1 Executable Installer Won't Work When LabVIEW 8.0 Is Installed
I have a LabVIEW 7.1.1 application that I built into an executable.&nbsp; The executable runs fine on the machine I built it on, but if I run the installer it gives me error 1722.&nbsp; The installer launches another executable that is contained within the build, and it seems that it is when the installer gets to that part that it crashes.&nbsp; The executable shows up in the right place, as if the installer completed successfully, and it executes fine.&nbsp; On machines that do not have LabVIEW 8.0 installed on them the installer runs without crashing and it properly runs the executable that it is supposed to run during installation.&nbsp; On every machine that I have tried the installer on that has LabVIEW 8.0 it crashes.&nbsp; Has anyone else seen this problem? Thanks, David R. Asher I made up a simple example, but it works...&nbsp; The software that I am having the problem with contains about 1500 VIs and is proprietary, so I can't post it.&nbsp; Luckily the issue with it not working on computers with LabVIEW 8 isn't an issue for the customer. Thanks, David R. Asher ...

LabVIEW 6.1 VI calling a DLL compiled in 7.1, Mem error/crash
Hi Folks, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I need to distribute some code in a (LabVIEW) DLL, but a bug in LabVIEW 6.1&nbsp;prevents me from distributing the 6.1 DLL so I'm compiling it under 7.1.&nbsp; It then works great when called by a 7.1 VI, but&nbsp;calling it from 6.1 produces the dreaded " Fatal Internal Error : "memory.cpp", line 638 LabVIEW version 7.1 ".:smileymad: &nbsp; Most of the applications here are in 6.1, upgrading working programs to 7.1 or 8.0 is not realistic. Any insight - especially&nbsp;know&nbsp;incompatabilities between 6.1 and 7.1 -&nbsp;would be greatly appreciated - I could use a work-around. &nbsp; Thanks! :smileyhappy: &nbsp; (a bit more detail...) The bug in 6.1 is that neither the "GetRows" or "GetString" ADODB.RecordSet methods correctly return "null" values. I don't think it would be "Kosher" to post the code, but&nbsp;here's a bit more specific info related to DLL parameter-types: INPUTS (Qty, Descript, Type, DataFormat 2, Clusters, AdaptToType, HandlesByValue 1,&nbsp;Enum, Numeric(U16),Value 1, ArrayOfClusters, AdaptToType,PointersToHandles OUTPUTS 2, Clusters, AdaptToType, HandlesByValue 2,&nbsp;ArrayOfClusters, AdaptToType,PointersToHandles Follow-up in case anyone has to deal with similar issue... Problem seemed to be with string conversions in&nbsp;return-clusters.&nbsp;&nbsp;Looks...

Labview 7.1.1 Errors
I am using the version 7.1.1 of LV and LV RT, i am programming a cFP-2020. &nbsp; &nbsp; Labview&nbsp;keeps crashing and losing the connection with the remote target (cFP), i am attaching a file containing all the error logs generated by LV, i never got this problem with earlier versions of LV i think this may be some kind of bug plase let me know how can i fix it. &nbsp; By the way my PC is a PIV @3 GHZ , 1 GB of RAM running WinXP SP2 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

LabView 7.1.1 + DAQMX
I want to know Wheter I can use task created using DAQMX using LabVIEW 7.1.1 can be inovked either by VB.net or VB6 if yes than how:) Secondly How can i used the traditional DAQ with VB.net or VB6, It would be&nbsp; helpful if any body can provide some info or weblink on this topic. Regards Nadeem <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=327317" target="_blank">duplicate post</a> ...

Help needed: Can anybody convert a hit7104g.llb from LabView 7 into a dll for LabView 6.1??
Gents, I am an absolutley beginner in LabView, but working very hard on it to get a progress.I"ve got great help here at this pages how to find out the first steps installing 2 DSO Scopes Hitachi VC-7104, which are connected via PCI-GPIB.Equipment, settings&nbsp; and communication inside the automation explorer is working perfect.I found a free LabView version inside a PC Magazine, its the LabView 6.1 and I want to let them communicate with my DSO's.There is a driver available but for only for the LabView 7 version.Can anybody convert this file and explain to me how to install it later at LabView 6.1 ??I would be very happy, because my old method was writing data's into the PCMCIA-SRAM card at the DSOand pull out it for reading outit later in a PC, crazy method.Best regards from Germany!Thomas hit7104g.llb: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/343224/1/hit7104g.llb I am converting them. Will post soon R Ok, great!!!Many THX !!Meanwhile I read more in the LV6.1 manual.Thomas A bit messy since I was trying to do it quickly, but all the files should be in LV6.1 in their respective folder. Let me know how it goes. R &nbsp; Converted to LV6.1.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/343390/1/Converted to LV6.1.zip Joe, Moved all folders from your file into the folder C:\Programme\National Instruments\LabVIEW 6.1\instr.lib,same path were the HP34401 instrument is.Then tried a function, like the GO NOGO function and now the communicaton is perfec...

FP default-values and diagram "constants" can change in LabVIEW 6.1 and 7.1
Hi Folks, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm posting here [instead of bug report] first,&nbsp;in case this isn't really a bug. I created a bunch of similier VIs with type-def cluster inputs, and, on each VI,&nbsp;gave the clusters a default-value.&nbsp; I'm finding that when these&nbsp;typedefs are changed by&nbsp;removing an element, the default FP values are corrupted.&nbsp; In my case it gets worse.&nbsp; When I used these VIs on diagrams, I frequently created a cluster-constant - derived from the VI's cluster-control (described above.)&nbsp; The remaining elements in the diagram-"constants" are&nbsp;also changing. &nbsp; Regards&nbsp;&nbsp; Untitled12.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/149364/1/Untitled12.vi Untitled.ctl: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/149364/2/Untitled.ctl This sounds like it could be a bug AND normal operation. There are bugs in LV 7.1, 7.0 and possibly earlier that cuases LV to choose the wrong value when bundling and un-bundling by name. I have been told these are fixed in LV 8.0 See this thread for more details on the bug. <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=105455&amp;jump=true" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=105455&amp;jump=true</a> &nbsp; Now as far as the constants that are based on the type...

Any problems with labview runtime v 7.1 on one host interacting with lvrte 6.1 on another host?
Using OPC, UDP ant TCP on the host running lv 7.1 runtime, communicating with a second host running lvrte 6.1. Both hosts communicating with cpfp 2020 and using similar IAK files. Need to know if there are any known problems with this scenario. I cannot convert st this time, the legacy 6.1 side. Hello, Thank you for contcting National Instruments. I am not sure I understand your question. The LabVIEW Run Time Engine (LV RTE)is used when you will be running an executable on a target. If you want to run executables on your cFP-2020 that were built in LV 6.1 and 7.1, you will need to make sur...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #7
[...]

Unable to install LV Runtime Engine 7.1.1 with LabVIEW Professional 8.5.1
I installed&nbsp;LabVIEW Professional Sys. for Windows (XP) 8.5 and then the 8.5.1 update. Somewhere in the original installation, LV Run-time Engine 7.1 was installed. But I need LV RTE 7.1.1. So I attempted to install RTE 7.1.1. Problem: The LV RTE installer aborts with the following message: &nbsp; "Installation aborted. Newer version already installed."&nbsp; &nbsp; Why do I need 7.1.1? I must run some commercial LV executables that were compiled with LV 7.1.1 and will not run under 7.1. :smileysad: You may have to uninstall RTE 8.5.1 to proceed with the 7.1.1 install and then reinstall RTE 8.5.1. &nbsp; I hope this helps! Well, I have to correct myself. MAX indicated that LV RTE 7.1 (not 7.1.1) was installed. My complied LV app indicated that 7.1.1 was not installed. I checked Windows Add New Programs and selected "National Instruments Software" I found that LV RTE 7.1.1 was, in fact, installed. So&nbsp;I selected LabVIEW Runtime Engine 7.1.1 and clicked Repair. After rebooting, My app works correctly. Again, MAX incorrectly displays LV RTE 7.1 (not 7.1.1). My app works, so&nbsp;I don't care. :smileyhappy: ...

Web resources about - porting labview 6.1 to 7.1 - comp.lang.labview

Porting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about moving software to a different system. For engine tuning, see porting (engine) . For porting of telephone numbers, see ...

Step by Step Guide to Porting Your Facebook App to Bebo
This is a guest post by Blake Commagere, creator of the “monsters” series of applications on Facebook, Bebo, and other social networks. How much ...

Porting Android on Beagle Board XM - YouTube
This video shows 3D demos on porting android OS using beagle board XM by Tenet.. BeagleBoard-xM delivers extra ARM Cortex-A8 MHz and extra memory ...

$45k stolen in phone porting scam
Scammers steal identity, redirect banking verification codes.

Learning from porting selecta
... keep, your production code or your tests?" If you have high-quality tests, you should be able to produce similar code with clean design. Porting ...

Microsoft’s ‘Bridge’ tool for porting iOS apps to Windows 10 is now available
Microsoft first unveiled “Windows Bridge” a few months back , a new tool for developers that aims to make porting iOS apps to Windows 10 easier ...

NVIDIA Acquires Game Porting Group & Tech From Transgaming
... Windows games over to OS X. With the rise of Apple’s fortunes and the move to x86, Transgaming has been responsible for either directly porting ...

Nintendo could be porting Game Boy games to smartphones - AOL.com
A patent filed by Nintendo in June makes it look like Game Boy games might be finally coming to mobile platforms. Yup, you might finally get ...

Jetpack Joyride Developer Acquires Cross-Platform Porting Technology
... that offers cross-platform conversion options for electronic games using only their C++ code bases. With the acquisition of a dedicated porting ...

Adobe abandons development of Flash-to-iPhone porting software
A change in Apple's developer agreement has caused Adobe to halt development of technology that allows Flash applications to be ported natively ...