Possible to use mySQL, an open source program with Labview without the use of toolkit, just like we can do with MySQL with Command line.

Hi i am trying to see if I can use sys exe .vi to execute Mysql commands. Is it possible to use without toolkit?

regards,
Clement
0
x9561 (148441)

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C5EE8A.A54C8480

Sure, this is possible. But there is a free toolkit for SQL =
communications: http://www.jeffreytravis.com/lost/labsql.html

Regards,

Wiebe.
  "astroboy" <x@no.email> wrote in message =
  Hi i am trying to see if I can use sys exe .vi to execute Mysql =
commands. Is it possible to use without toolkit?
  &nbsp;
  regards,
  Clement
------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C5EE8A.A54C8480

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sure, this is possible. But there is a =
free toolkit=20
for SQL communications: <A=20
href=3D"http://www.jeffreytravis.com/lost/labsql.html">http://www.jeffrey=
travis.com/lost/labsql.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Wiebe.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"astroboy" &lt;<A href=3D"mailto:x@no.email">x@no.email</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:1132540857741-290763@exchange.ni.com">news:1132540857741-290=
763@exchange.ni.com</A>...</DIV>Hi=20
  i am trying to see if I can use sys exe .vi to execute Mysql commands. =
Is it=20
  possible to use without=20
toolkit?<BR>&amp;nbsp;<BR>regards,<BR>Clement</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C5EE8A.A54C8480--

i would like to open labview just like i open my microsoft word by typing msword in run command
Hi all &nbsp; I would like to open the labview by typing a command in the Run For example we type mspaint to open the Microsoft paint in the Run (start---&gt;Run---&gt;command) i would like to know the command &nbsp; &nbsp; Hi Narendra,To change the PATH environment variable:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. Right-click on My Computer, and then click Properties. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Click the Advanced tab.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. Click Environment variables. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 4. Click on the PATH variable within the Systems Variables list.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 5. Click Edit. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 6. Append the search paths for the applications you would like to launch.&nbsp; Paths must be separated by semicolons.&nbsp; (For LabVIEW 8.20, the default path would be: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 7. Click OK three times to close all of the dialog boxes.You must be an administrator to modify a system environment variable. System environment variables are defined by Windows and apply to all computer users. Changes to the system environment are written to the registry, and usually require a restart to become effective. Thanks to Microsoft.com for providing most of this information <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310519" target="_blank">here</a>. Cheers, ...

which command I can use to exit from a subvi without exiting from labview in run-time?

How to interface the Labview and Simulink (Matlab) without using the &quot;NI LabVIEW Simulation Interface Toolkit&quot;?
Hello, I've been using the Labview for the data aquisition. And I also developed a controller in the Simulink (Matlab) environment. I'd like to control my application using both&nbsp;programs. How&nbsp;could I&nbsp;interface the Labview and Simulink (Matlab) without using the "NI LabVIEW Simulation Interface Toolkit"? thank you, Kostya. Hi Kotsya, Thank you for posting to the National Instruments Discussion Forums. If you are not using the Math Interface Toolkit, you may be interested in using the MATLAB� Script Node. This allows you to call MATLAB� commands using ActiveX and I you can call your Simulink model from MATLAB� that way. Here are some resources on how you can do this: <a href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/gmath/matlab_script_node/" target="_blank">MATLAB � Script Node LabVIEW 8.2 Help</a> <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/4475BC3CEB062C9586256D750058F14B?OpenDocument" target="_blank">How Can I Resolve MATLAB� script node and Xmath Script Node Issues in LabVIEW?</a> Hope this helps! Hi, Abhinav, thank you for your reply. I will try to explore the option with the Script Node. regards, Kostya. &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

how can a BILBO can be used as a pseudo-random pattern generator.(using labview)
how can a BILBO can be used as a pseudo-random pattern generator.(using labview) Can someone please give me an insight on how to do this asap, i would be exteremely grateful-thanks. Bilbo Baggins? Dear Deano, I am unfamiliar with the use of BILBO cells, but am willing to help as much as I possibly can. I managed to find a rather helpful website, which described the 4 functions a BILBO register is capable of ? including pseudo-random pattern generation. A very versatile little circuit, I must say. Perhaps you could take a look at the website yourself, and confirm that this is the functionality you are interested in... <a href="http://tams-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/applets/hades/webdemos/35-selftest/60-bilbo/bilbo4.html" target="_blank"> http://tams-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/applets/hades/webdemos/35-selftest/60-bilbo/bilbo4.html</a> Could I also ask you to provide some more information about what you are trying to achieve. Generally, the more information you are able to provide on these forums, the more users will be willing to help. So my question to you is... are you trying to mimic a BILBO's functionality&nbsp;(using LabView) or talk to a piece of BILBO hardware (using Labview)? If the later is the case, could you let us know how you trying to communicate with the device. However, if the former is the case, and you are purely interested in random sequence generation, perhaps you should consider some of the LabView fun...

Using LabView server , is it possible to use the multicast...
Using LabView server , is it possible to use the multicast protocol to send VIs to clients using Run Time Engine? I need to know if it is possible to configure Labview web server to send remote control information with multicast protocol Well, it won't be the "web server", because web traffic is TCP and multicast requires a stateless protocol such as UDP. LabVIEW 7 and later include multicast support in the UDP palette ("UDP multicast open") so you should be able to to implement multicast communication with your own code. (I don't understand your title "......

how to draw rotating line like Radar display in labview using line or point fucntion?
Sir, I am trying to draw rotating line using Line and Point function in Labview. i am simulating the radar display by rotating the line around origion. x=r cos (th) y=r sin&nbsp; (th) where&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; th=array using i from loop &nbsp; if any best suggestion then reply me thanks Haider &nbsp; &nbsp; Why not use a customised gauge like this... (see attached) &nbsp; radar.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/254623/1/radar.vi sir I am using labveiw 8.0 so please send me the vi that will open in labview 8.0 thanks &nbsp; the vi that u send me helped lot which rotates a line around like radar . but please tell me how to change the gauage needle to line or other shaples? thanks &nbsp; Right click on the gauge control,&nbsp;select 'Advanced' &gt;&gt; 'Customize...' Once you are in the 'Customize control' panel, click the 'Change to customize' button (It looks like a spanner). When you click it,&nbsp;it's image changes to a tweezer and all of the elements of the control can be customized. Now right click on the needle and you get a list of things you can do to change the needle image including 'import from file'. &nbsp; edit control image.png: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/254899/1/edit control image.png Hi Troy, Did you manage to get an imported image to rotate? This was non-fun...

How can i use labview.tlb to control Labview from an external application?
Hi, I've been told by a labview engineer that i could use the file labview.tlb located in the labview install folder to control labview from an external application (in my case, a C# app). I'm using Labview 6.1 under Windows 2000. This article confirms that: "ActiveX and LabVIEW" http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/5401BE584FBAEECE862567C2006D36C7?opendocument But i've not been able to find out how to use this file to achieve what i want. I just want to be able to open/close labview, open/close a vi, start/stop a vi, hide/show a vi from a C# application. Th...

can i open a wma file using labview
Hello &nbsp; I am trying to open a file .wma using labview but the vi only open file .wav. Is there any other way to play music using labview. I want my program to play music when the mesurements end, is it possible. &nbsp; Thanks You could always use an ActiveX-WindowsMediaPlayer. This way you can play audio files using the Media Player, but still be working in Labview. It might not be the best solution, but it works (Microsoft flaws maybe...) The other way is to create your own .wma-player but I haven't got a clue where to start programming... Hello tiemanj Use the sound output&nbsp; vi &nbsp; tocar fich .wav.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/154787/1/tocar fich .wav.vi ...

can i use C++ to program my labview vi?
i have already create a vi, can i translate it in to c++ code? how? thanks for help! Hi, VIs cannot be translated to sourcecode for other languages. LabVIEW is a dedicated programming language with its own syntax and semantics; therefore it is on the same level as any other language like C/C++, Delphi, C# or VB. The code you will get as the result is a metacode which needs the LV RTE to run. You can compare this to the method as done in .NET. Norbert [Edit]: If you think the way like Thomas suggests, you can create a DLL out of LabVIEW-VI by using the Application Builder and use this DLL in a C++-project. This works as well the other way round if you need to include existing c-code in your LV-application. Message Edited by Norbert B on 08-28-2006 06:09 AM ...

MySQL to use open source Microsoft toolset
MySQL to use open source Microsoft toolset anon Oct 11 2004 [...] The upcoming MySQL 4.1 release will .. use the latest version of the Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) available for the Windows 200 and XP operating systems. [...] "We switched to WiX for two reasons," wrote Michael Zinner, lead developer of the MySQL GUI team. "First, it is an open-source project and second, it allows us to handle the complete Windows engineering process in a flexible way with scripts." http://www.itnews.com.au/dlinkstorycontent.asp?ID=1&Art_ID=21984 ...

LabVIEW Program not running if i lock my PC (using an EXE made from LabVIEW)
Hi everyone&nbsp; I observed some odd behavior when I was running my program on a PC. I prepared an EXE for a LabVIEW program, this am running on another PC. Purpose of the program is to read a text file and follow the command given in that text document, we are accessing parallel port, calling third party EXEs in this. It is not running when I minimize the window or lock the PC. Do we have any property in VI properties for this? &nbsp;Please help me in this. Thanks Anil Hi Anil, Minimizing the application or locking Windows should not stop the executable from running. Can you reproduce this behavior on the development PC?&nbsp; Also try to&nbsp;create an executable with a simple VI that counts the number of iteration and check for this behavior ? Tunde. ...

CA USB 8451 be used to program an Atmel AT88SC0104C using labview
We need to program a Crypto Memory 1 Kbit AT88SC0104C from Atmel I am looking for some feedback or technical assistance in Determining if I need the usb 8451 to program this device or can I use a standard usb data I/O device.&nbsp; Am also looking for some sample VI?s that may be for this device or similar I squared C devices. &nbsp;When in production I will need to program multiple assemblies with this IC. I will have direct access to the data and clock lines. But the part will be mounted on the assembly so I can not use a chip programming station. &nbsp;I need to develop a system FAST Hello, If you are needing to program your device using I2C or SPI then the <a href="http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/202368" target="_blank">USB-8451</a> is the solution to do so if you want the device to be the slave and the 8451 to be a master because the USB-8451 can not be set to a slave mode.&nbsp; With the driver that comes with the USB-8451 there&nbsp;are several examples programs for using I2C and SPI communication in LabVIEW.&nbsp; We also have a <a href="http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/5DD35472A266690F8625709F0044982B" target="_blank">software manual </a>for the VI's that are used in programming with the 8451. Daryl E.National InstrumentsApplications Engineers ...

Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a Win32 function to read the data from the card
Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory from a VI? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a&nbsp;Call Library&nbsp;function to read the data from the card and now I want it to go directly to system memory. The data is being received at 1Mbps. &nbsp; Thanks 1.You will most likely crash your system trying to write meg's/sec of data to system memory. LabVIEW has it's own memory manager and manages data for you. If you getting data to LabVIEW, I hope for the processinfg purposes. You didn't mentioned what do you want to do with that heap of data. 2.You probably can access your data from your card using VISA if you know card's registers and memory i/o block as BIOS assigning this block to your card. Search through VISA documentation and NI site how to do that. ...

How can I detect open applications using LabView 6i
I am using ActiveX to open and write data to an Excell spreadsheet. I open a Template sheet, fill in the new data, then save the spreadsheet under a new name. I have discovered that if excell is already open when the VI starts, the spread sheet does not get saved under the new name, and the data ends up being saved with my template worksheet. I need a method of determining if Excell is open and if so close as part of the VI's startup routine. Hello Kandrew An option is to use the "get task list.vi" which you can find in this very useful library: http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niep...

Re: How can I use a DSA to get streaming audio from FFT signals using labview?
How do you shift the frequency to a more audible range after calculating the FFT? M.Leo Hey Megan, Thanks for your help! I tried what you suggested, however I'm having problems with my audio output. According to&nbsp;the freq&nbsp;spectrum graph&nbsp;the frequency shift works, however there is no change in sound from the speaker when I adjust the rate. Any ideas on why this happening? I am outputting the signal through the sound card and wish it to remain as close to real time as possible. Thanks again M.Leo freq-shift2.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/183449/1/freq-shift2.vi Hey MLeo, Check out the Generate Sound.vi that ships with LabVIEW.&nbsp; This VI allows you to set the frequency of the audio output and it's easy to hear the differences.&nbsp; I tried between 300 and 1000 and the changes were clear.&nbsp; I suspect that the frequencies you are using are too high and either the speakers can't really show the variation or our ears can't differentiate them. To find the VI, just go to Help&gt;&gt;Find Examples and search for sound.&nbsp; Hope this helps!!Megan B.National Instruments ...

Re: is it possible to test pic microcontroller using serial port and labview, if so any labview codes around for this??
can u plz show us the diagrams for this exampls in this pdf files i need it so much &nbsp; thx for helping ...

how can i get the command line parameters in my program using wxwidgets?
------=_Part_1039_6650014.1209553279072 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline how can i get the command line parameters in my program using wxwidgets? thank you ------=_Part_1039_6650014.1209553279072 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline how&nbsp;can&nbsp;i&nbsp;get&nbsp;the&nbsp;command&nbsp;line&nbsp;parameters&nbsp;in&nbsp;my&nbsp;program&nbsp;using&nbsp;wxwidgets?&nbsp;<br>thank you<...

FAQ 3.24 Can I write useful Perl programs on the command line?
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 3.24: Can I write useful Perl programs on the command line? Yes. Read perlrun for more information. Some examples follow. (These assume standard Unix shell quoting rules.) # sum first and last fields perl -lane 'print $F[0] + $F[-1]' * # i...

Is there anyway to access MySQL database using ODBC without opening port 3306?
Hi All, I tried to access the mysql database in ODBC using ip address and username/password. It returns, "cannot connect to MySQL server on IP ADDRESS(10060)". This could be related to Firewall on the server. Is there anyway to access MySQL database using ODBC without opening port 3306? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Suresh P On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:56:02 -0700, Suresh P wrote: > Hi All, > > I tried to access the mysql database in ODBC using ip address and > username/password. > It returns, "cannot connect to MySQL server on IP ADDRESS(10060)". This > could be related to Firewall on the server. > > Is there anyway to access MySQL database using ODBC without opening port > 3306? > > Any thoughts would be appreciated. If you're asking if you can access MySQL remotely with ODBC without opening up the firewall to the traffic the answer is a fairly obvious no. If you're asking if you can access MySQL locally with ODBC use localhost or 127.0.0.1 instead of the physical IP address... assuming localhost isn't being blocked (little chance of that). -- I told you this was going to happen. Just to be clear, you do not have to use port 3306 - but you do have to use *some* port. Accessing it from a 2nd machine means the local firewall rules need to allow it. Opening up to outside the network means the network router/firewall/ISP needs to allow it. If you're only connecting locally, then use ...

Can I doesn't use popt alias file for rsync, while use the alias function in-line/in-place with the rsync command?
Hi all, See the following usages of rsync: $ cat /home/werner/.popt rsync alias -Z --no-p --no-g --chmod=ugo=rwX $ rsync -avZ --temp-dir=/tmp /media/cdrom/pool/ /home/werner/Desktop/111/ Here, I use the .popt file defined a alias option for rsync and then invoke it with the alias -Z option. I want to know is it possible to using the alias function without using the .popt alias file, say, just by using the in-line/in-place redefinitions in-line/in-place within the rsync commands? Regards Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes: > See the following usages of rsync: > > $ cat /home/werner/.popt > rsync alias -Z --no-p --no-g --chmod=ugo=rwX > > $ rsync -avZ --temp-dir=/tmp /media/cdrom/pool/ /home/werner/Desktop/111/ > > Here, I use the .popt file defined a alias option for rsync and then > invoke it with the alias -Z option. I want to know is it possible to > using the alias function without using the .popt alias file, say, just by > using the in-line/in-place redefinitions in-line/in-place within the rsync > commands? I can't follow what you want. An example might help. -- Ben. On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 20:44:55 +0100, Ben Bacarisse wrote: > I can't follow what you want. An example might help. I mean without setting these options using the popt file, while using it in, say, the ssh shell sript. With this way, it can let me obtain the less script files for...

FAQ 3.23 Can I write useful Perl programs on the command line? #12
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq3.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 3.23: Can I write useful Perl programs on the command line? Yes. Read perlrun for more information. Some examples follow. (These assume standard Unix shell quoting rules.) # sum first and last fields perl -lane 'print $F[0] + $F[-1]' * # identify text files perl -le 'for(@ARGV) {print if -f && -T _}' * # remove (most) comments from C program perl -0777 -pe 's{/\*.*?\*/}{}gs' foo.c # make file a month younger than today, defeating reaper daemons perl -e '$X=24*60*60; utime(time(),time() + 30 * $X,@ARGV)' * # find first unused uid perl -le '$i++ while getpwuid($i); print $i' # display reasonable manpath echo $PATH | perl -nl -072 -e ' s![^/+]*$!man!&&-d&&!$s{$_}++&&push@m,$_;END{print"@m"}' OK, the last one was actually an Obfuscated Perl Contest entry. :-) -------------------------------------------------------------------- The perlfaq-workers, a group of volunteers, maintain the perlfaq. T...

FAQ 3.23 Can I write useful Perl programs on the command line? #17
[...]

FAQ 3.23 Can I write useful Perl programs on the command line? #5
[...]

FAQ 3.23 Can I write useful Perl programs on the command line? #3
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq3.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 3.23: Can I write useful Perl programs on the command line? Yes. Read perlrun for more information. Some examples follow. (These assume standard Unix shell quoting rules.) # sum first and last fields ...

Web resources about - Possible to use mySQL, an open source program with Labview without the use of toolkit, just like we can do with MySQL with Command line. - comp.lang.labview

Trump Campaign Manager's Attorney Bit a Stripper
Tuesday morning, Donald Trump's campaign manager was arrested for grabbing a reporter earlier this month. Our Principles PAC advisor Tim Miller ...

Share ‘Random Acts of Coffee’ With Nack, Just Launched on iOS & Android
Mobile app company Kaneland has launched Nack on iOS and Android. The coffee gifting app encourages users to share ‘random acts of coffee’ by ...

EgyptAir hijacking brings country's airport security back into focus
The hijacking of an EgyptAir plane forced to land in Cyrus while flying from the Egyptian Mediterranean coastal city of Alexandria to the capital, ...

AnkerBox launches charging-as-a-service
Screen sizes on smartphones are getting bigger and bigger, but battery tech is lagging behind. As a heavy user of your smartphone, you’ll know ...

This is the single-worst part of 'Batman v Superman'
"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is currently the number one movie in America, opening with a huge $166.1 million in the United States alone. ...

The Oculus Rift is incredibly easy to set up and use
The hype around virtual reality has been building for years. On Monday, the Oculus Rift finally started shipping to folks who pre-ordered the ...

California's $15 minimum wage: Brown defends sudden embrace of wage hike
Gov. Jerry Brown called his proposal to boost California's minimum wage 50 percent over the next six years 'a matter of economic justice' and ...

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Easter Eggs, Cameos and Hidden References
Mr Sunday Movies looks at the easter eggs, cameos and hidden references in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice . Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice ...

Alaska Volcano Calming After Eruption; Alert Downgraded
The activity level of an Alaska volcano has declined after it erupted with a massive ash cloud that prompted the cancellation of dozens of flights ...