Re: Embedd a Labview Remote Panel in a .NET application

Hi,
are there any new ideas about this topic? I have the same problem as described above - I want to embed a labview panel into a cvi application.
What I found out is that you can embed the activeX control that is used within IE but the "LVFPPVINAME" in the "OBJECT/EMBED" tag is not set then. Any ideas how I could set this tag?
Thanks, Steffen
0
x9561 (148439)

Embedd a Labview Remote Panel in a .NET application
Hi, Labview offers since its 6.1 version the remote panel feature that allows you to control a VI remotely through a web browser. This works thanks to an activex control, hosted in a web page that displays the VI UI and allows you to control it. What i would like to do is embedding this activex control in a .NET windows application instead of a Web page. Putting an activex control on a Window form in .NET is usually dead easy: just point the file containing the activex control and .NET generates all the needed code to add it to your form. However, i've not been able to find where this fi...

To Labview or not to labview
I am facing a large decision, to continue developement with labview or to m= ove on to .NET or Delphi. <br>The desire to move comes from the simple fac= t that .NET and Delphi applications 'look' more like windows applications b= oth in appearance and operation. What I am talking about are the menus for= file, edit,printing that we are so used to with such packages as Excel and= the like.<br>I tend to use labview in the following way: write an applica= tion and distribute it to MANY clients running everything from 98 to XP. I= just feel labview is moving away from th...

Re: LabVIEW and LabVIEW RT?
Hello Iman, I will try to illustrate it with an example since it all will depend on the type of application you would like to implement. Let's say you would like to implement an application where you log data, maybe exchange data with databases and you acquire a bunch of data points at a time not performing any type of control and where high determinism is&nbsp;not needed. In this case LabVIEW for Windows work great. If you on the other hand would like to implement a closed-loop application where you need high determinism and reliability and will acquire data point by point you would u...

Re: LabVIEW RT Remote Panel Problem on FP-20XX
This seems to be related to my problem.<br><br>In my application (running o= n a RT-target) different measurement task are split up in SubVIs. The SubVI= s are called if the respective measurement mode is activated by the user an= d run as long as it takes to complete the task. The result of these measure= ment task are datafiles and graphs on the front panels of these SubVIs.<br>= <br>The Problem is that on some of these SubVIs the graphs and other elemen= ts contain old data if the respective VI was not displayed during runtime a= nd viewed afterwards trough the remot...

Re: Get Labview plugin automatically to view front panel remotely with a browser
If you want to use the web-browser to control or just to have the access to your VI on the network target, you have to fulfill the following steps:1. Ensure that you've configured your remote target to provide access via web-interface. To do this you can refer to this page: <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A4915E8E1271951086256B22005C2CAB" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A4915E8E1271951086256B22005C2CAB</a> 2. Install the plug-in for viewing the remote panel.Once has been installed, LabVIEW creates the following paths:c:...

Re: Using ASPX page to call ASP.Net Application to start LabVIEW and change a VI
Hi: &nbsp; based on the readme document. &nbsp; 1. I placed this zip file contents on to my inetpub\wwwroot\ 2. I have LV runtime 6.0 installed on the same machine. 3. ran <a href="http://localhost/input.asp" target="_blank">http://localhost/input.asp</a> 4. I get an below error Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad' ActiveX component can't create object: 'LabVIEW.Application' /LV_ASP/test.asp, line 19 &nbsp; am I missing some thing here. &nbsp; Regards Ram Brian: I had the MessagesPump.dll download from one y...

Re: I would like to remotely control a LabVIEW application. Is it possible to create multiple different passwords for different users
Hi there, &nbsp; I tried&nbsp;the Remote Panel Login&nbsp;examples which were attached by Zvezdana S. It works when main.vi running in Labview enviroment. But after I created a executable file of main.vi, it didn't work, the Web Server: Browser Access couldn't be changed from "remote panel loging.vi".&nbsp; BTW, both main.exe and Remote Panel Login,vi run at the same PC. &nbsp; I am confused by ports number, ini file. How could I set port number when they are running at the same PC? When I built the executable file, ini file was built in as a support file...

Error Code &quot;1097.....this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory..........&quot; appears after exit the labview and re-start labview
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a probelm when I use the "tool/import shared library(.dll)" wizard&nbsp;to generate the&nbsp;API from C. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The API &nbsp;works correctly when I complete the wizard, but after I exit labview and re-start labview to run&nbsp;the API&nbsp;again. The error 1097 code "......this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory.............."appears. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs...

labview remote panel not loading
Hi, I have a colleague who can't see my remote panel. The site is <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://distillation.engr.utc.edu/WPI/WPI-Distillation.htm" target="_blank">http://distillation.engr.utc.edu/WPI/WPI-Distillation.htm</a> My friend installed the LV runtime for LV 7.1 (which is what the server has). He gets this response, in addition to the blank panel: "Application Layer Gateway Service has encountered a problem and needs to close.&nbsp; We are sorry for the inconvenience. szAppName : alg.exe&nbsp;&nbsp;&...

Re: neural nets for labview
Neural network implemented in LabVIEW 5.1, aNETKa ver. 1.0:&nbsp;<a href="http://www.geocities.com/zureks//aNETka.html" target="_blank">http://www.geocities.com/zureks//aNETka.html</a> &nbsp; free to use and modify (acknowledgement required), operation manual included. &nbsp; Enjoy! &nbsp; Yodo &nbsp; PS. I also tried to submit this to Example Code in NI website, but not sure if it was accepted. ...

Is it possible to hide the LabView Data folder through the labview application?
I really want to get rid of the LabView Data folder in the My Documents Folder that is created when the built labview application is run. Since it does not seem to be possible to remove or relocate it, i was wondering whether it is possible to at least hide it - but I want it to be done automatically, i.e. through the program itself when it is executed. Thanks Tim, Van Hi, you cannot delete the "LabVIEW Data" Folder since your application is active! It's possible that you change the attribute (hide) for the whole folder before you start the compile process! If you want to do...

How can i use labview.tlb to control Labview from an external application?
Hi, I've been told by a labview engineer that i could use the file labview.tlb located in the labview install folder to control labview from an external application (in my case, a C# app). I'm using Labview 6.1 under Windows 2000. This article confirms that: "ActiveX and LabVIEW" http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/5401BE584FBAEECE862567C2006D36C7?opendocument But i've not been able to find out how to use this file to achieve what i want. I just want to be able to open/close labview, open/close a vi, start/stop a vi, hide/show a vi from a C# application. Th...

change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW
change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW hi, I am Interfacing a FrameGrabber with LabVIEW using a frame grabber SDK(dll). The memory managment of this FG allow you to allocate your own Array and to give a pointer to this Array to the memory manager. Then when you acquire with the frame grabber, the acquired image will be directly accessible in your array. 1.I give to the FG memory manager a pointer to the Labview array through a SDK Dll function. 2. I run the acquisition 3. I display the array My problem is that the Array is allways displayed with it initial val...

What is the Algorithm Used by the LabVIEW Remote panels?
Hi Has any one had any idea about how dose "LabVIEW Remote Front Panels " works and its Algorithm? > Has any one had any idea about how dose "LabVIEW Remote Front Panels " > works and its Algorithm? I'm not sure I know what it is you are asking. Roughly, the Remote Front Panels feature transfers the panel of a given VI from the server to your remote client machine. The client machine must be running either a LV debugging environment, a plugin app, or a plugin ActiveX control -- the latter two will also use the runtime engine. The plugin app will load the...

Re: Are Advantech products and its labview drivers good to work with Labview 7?
Where can I find labview example for Adam-4000 series? (I am using 4068) Can anyone guide me please? I could not find on advantech's website. ...

Re : Re: Coreco and Labview
Hello I saw on NI forum that you have a driver labview for a Coreco camera. I am looking for one because I would like to pilot my camera through labview. Can you help me on this?My camera and its driver is described below: camera N/B progressive scan 1/2 pouce 768X576 ref JAI-M10 BX CCIR de chez YMASIS carte d'acquisition de la cam�ra : bus PCI ref PCVISION Thank you a lot Sincerely nadia If you want to share something, please start a new thread instead of continuing in a 5-6 yr old one. many people would ve left; luckily in this case, only one has left, it seems... :smileyhapp...

Will my LabView Application Builder 4.0 work with my Labview 4.1?
Upgrading LabView 4.1 is not an option, due to legacy software/hardware issues, but I need to make the code either password-protected or an executable for software configuration purposes. From our software library archive, I can only find Application Builder 4.0 Hi, in all of the "newer" LV-versions it is possible to save into "one step back" - Version ( LV6.1 ==> to LV6.0). It should be possible for you to save your LV4.1-application to LV4.0 and then create an .exe. Find this under "Save with Options" \ "Save for previous" ... hope this works f...

Can I run a LabVIEW 7.1 Application on a system with LabVIEW 6.1?
The VI App did not run properly, even after I installed the LabVIEW 7.1 Run time engine. Perhpas I need to uninstall the LV 6.1 run time engine? Thank you for any suggestions; perhaps it's something minor that I'm overlooking! Are you talking about a 7.1 exe or VI? An executable will run with 6.1 installed and the 7.1 run-time. A 7.1 VI will only run with 7.1 development system. When you say it did not run properly, what exactly do you mean? I am referring to trying to run a 7.1 EXE application on a system with a resident 6.1 development environment, and the 7.1 run-time engine ins...

Re: Are Advantech products and its labview drivers good to work with Labview 7? #2
I have PCL 818L card. Where can I get the Labview drivers for the same Hi QWERTYU, maybe this helps: <a href="http://support.advantech.com.tw/support/DownloadSRDetail.aspx?SR_ID=1-2HYBNJ" target="_blank">http://support.advantech.com.tw/support/DownloadSRDetail.aspx?SR_ID=1-2HYBNJ</a> or this: <a href="http://support.advantech.com.tw/Support/DownloadSearchByProduct2.aspx?keyword=LabView" target="_blank">http://support.advantech.com.tw/Support/DownloadSearchByProduct2.aspx?keyword=LabView</a> MikeMessage Edited by MikeS81 on 05-0...

Re: .NET Issues with LabVIEW 8.5
I have run into the exact same problem. Re-writting all our .NET VIs is not a reasonable solution.&nbsp; I expect NI to either post a fix to this immediatly or send me a engineer to sit and re-write all my .NET VIs for me.&nbsp; It is totally unacceptable to say this is an enhancement and force customers to waste time on something that should just work in the first place. -John :smileymad: Just to clear some things up, this is an obvious bug in 8.5.&nbsp; We in no way intended for users to recreate their VIs that called .NET assemblies in LV 8.5.&nbsp; As Noah previously menti...

Display LabView panel as part of .Net window
Hello, Opposite to this statement: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=168857#M168857 what I would like to know is if I can display a LabView panel as part of a .Net window. Basically the LabView panel should be some sort of an User Control in .Net. Or maybe is it possible to run a LabView panel modal!? I already created a LabView VI, where I set the panel to be modal, I put in into a DLL, but calling it from a .Net app is not behaving as modal. Thank you, Mihai PALADE ...

Re: is it possible to test pic microcontroller using serial port and labview, if so any labview codes around for this??
can u plz show us the diagrams for this exampls in this pdf files i need it so much &nbsp; thx for helping ...

How can I get handle(s) to and poll non-LabVIEW window(s)/application(s) from LabVIEW?
Want to launch&nbsp;EXE from LabVIEW, wait for user to finish with EXE's UI, and once they closed it, return execution flow in LabVIEW. Cool, no problem. Used the System Exec VI and with the "wait until completion" = TRUE the EXE never launches. Not sure why. With the "wait until completion" = FALSE, the application runs with no problems, but now LabVIEW no longer waits.&nbsp; Can't tell when user is done. Work around idea... Once the Sys Exec VI launches the EXE, wait&nbsp;and poll some Windows API call to see when the window for the specific EXE closes...

Re: LabVIEW QA
Chroma, I am a little unclear about your question.&nbsp; You should be able to use BuildTargetBuildSpecification to build all or selected build specifications within a project.&nbsp; You could build a program to call this VI for different projects and build specifications.Are you looking to find out all builds present in a project, similar to how the other example you pointed too adds files?&nbsp; If so, have a look at the attached screen shot.&nbsp; This opens the project, gets all descendents of type "EXE" (application builds), and creates an array of their names.&a...

Web resources about - Re: Embedd a Labview Remote Panel in a .NET application - comp.lang.labview

NZ doctor Alan Kenny flooded with 'trash' applications for $370k job
The New Zealand GP who couldn't find a doctor to take up a $NZ400,000 ($370,000) position at his practice has been inundated with "trash" applicants ...

NZ doctor Alan Kenny flooded with 'trash' applications for $370k job
The New Zealand GP who couldn't find a doctor to take up a $NZ400,000 ($370,000) position at his practice has been inundated with &quot;trash&quot; ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Western Digital Introduces Its First Helium-Filled HDDs for Consumer Applications
... two models with 10 TB capacity. This week Western Digital unveiled the world’s first family of helium-filled HDDs designed for consumer applications, ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

Oklahoma: Concealed Carry Permit Applications Surge Following Obama’s Gun Control
... State Bureau of Investigation numbers suggest gun control talk and Pres. Obama's gun controls contributed to surging concealed carry applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 27% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 4.8 percent from one week earlier, ...

Review: 5 application security testing tools compared
Users weigh in on favorite features, room for improvement. Application security is arguably the biggest cyber threat , responsible for 90 percent ...

Mortgage applications down 4.3%
A very slight inch higher in interest rates caused a more than slight drop in mortgage application volume.