Re: GPIB, can't find instrument

Hi,
how is it possible to type over commands to the instruments first even when it can't be detect in 'Scan for Instruments'?
I'm facing the same problem too but i'm a begineer in this starting to grasp the understanding of Labview program.
Thank you
0
x9561 (148442)

GPIB instruments connected through Agilent USB/GPIB Interface can bee seen in MAX but can't communicate in labview
I have an Agilent 82357B USB/GPIB Interface connected to my computer.  Attached to that, I have two lock-in amplifiers (an SR830, and an SR 850).  I would like to be able to communicate with them through GPIB. I have downloaded and installed the software for the Agilent device (Agilent IO Control), and I can see the interface and the two devices in that software.  Here's what is configured in this software, that I can see: - The VISA interface ID is GPIB0, and its address is 0 - The VISA addresses of the devices are GPIB0::4::INSTR and GPIB::12::INSTR, and the GPIB addresses are 4 and 12 In Measerment and Automation Explorer (MAX), I made sure that the Passport for Tulip box was checked.  Once it was, I could see the devices in the Configuration window under Devices and Interfaces -> Miscellaneous VISA Resources.  There, I see GPIB0::INTFC, GPIB0::4::INSTR and GPIB::12::INSTR. I can right click on either of the instruments, and "Open VISA Test Panel" where I am successfully able to send commands and read from both devices. HOWEVER, when I am running an actual LabView program, I am unable to communicate with the devices.  For example, when I try to communicate to the devices through VISA, using the 'Basic Serial Write and Read.vi' (while VISA Resource Name is GPIB0::12::INSTR), I get an error: Error -1073807331 occurred at Property Node (arg 2) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr)...

Maple9 Can't run, can't re-install
-I installed the maple-9 on laptop without any problem. But when I run it, nothing happens. -I tried to uninstall it with start->settings->control panel->add/remove program->maple9, the "add/remove program" freeze (for long--------). All other programs still work at that time (computer is not froozen). -I tried to shut down the computer, it needs to 'end' the 'un-installation' -I tried to re-install the maple9 from the original CD, nothing happens. -With 'autorun', it runs a few seconds and nothing happens. -Tried to installed it ...

Palm can't find com port to synch. I can't either.
Hi. I just got a palm IIIxe. It has a serial connection. When I try to synch, it can't find the computer, and it gave an error message about the com port being busy or not available. I opened the hotsynch on the laptop, and it only showed com 3 Com 1 seemed missing. Is there a way to see what com 1 is being used for? And are com ports numbered 1 and 3? Thanks Jim I wish you luck in getting this "ancient" palm device to work with XP's interpretation of Com ports. Yes there is com 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may want to search Microsoft's web site for inform...

can't run a built application because it can't find Run-Time engine
Let's start at the begining.... everything was working fine, and then I started getting an&nbsp;error 2 (memory is full) while compiling any application.&nbsp; I couldn't resolve the issue but the same applications would compile on another machine, so I uninstalled every National Instrument software from Control Panel (add remove programs), and deleted the c:\Program Files\National Instruments directory.&nbsp; I then reinstall the Labview 8.0 Prof Dev system,&nbsp; and performed the labview 8.0.1 upgrade.&nbsp; I can now open and compile applications,&nbsp; but now when I try to run one of the compiled applications it says it can't find the labview 8.0 or compatible run-time engine....&nbsp; I tried to install the runtime engine, and I get an error message saying a higher version is already installed so it won't install.... when I go to control panel the runtime engine 7.0 and 7.1.1&nbsp; show up , but Runtime 8.0 or 8.0.1 do not....&nbsp;&nbsp; I installed runtime 8.2.1 to see if it would show up in the control panel 'add remove programs) and it does not ..... &nbsp; help! &nbsp; thanks Mike Mike, &nbsp; This knowledgebase may help you <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6E8D84E9464AE33862571FB007085B2" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6E8D84E9464AE33862571FB007085B2</a> &nbsp; Regards Ray Farmer ...

Re: tex4ht: 'error --- Can't find/open file `ptmri8t.tfm
Still struggling to get tex4ht to work on my mac. Thanks kai@p... for putting me on the path with your queries. My original installation of tetex was via i-installer, now I've installed tex4ht via fink. Exactly the same error as described in this earlier post I dug up (below). The frustrating thing is the solution is given in these older posts but I'm not sure how to implement. Clearly my installation paths don't jive: I have run tex4ht -hV testa as advised, and indeed it could not find the file. Solution presented below is to use installed kpathsea-enabled TeX4ht binaries. However, I'm not at all sure what this means or how to fix. Thanks for suggestions, Nik From: Eric E... - view profile Date: Fri, Jun 23 2006 5:23 pm Not yet rated show options "Christopher" == Christopher B... <cbrews...@gmail.com> writes: Christopher> On a MacBook Pro I have installed tex4ht using fink/fink Christopher> commander. Two questions: Christopher> Christopher> 1. when I issue the command 'htlatex <file>' I get an Christopher> error message Christopher> 'error --- Can't find/open file `ptmri8t.tfm' ' I had a similar problem once a couple of months ago. Below is a message describing the cause and the cure. I hope this is helpful! Eric. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- From: Eric E... <e...@cs....

Can't get patches via smpatch, update manager, web, or wget; can't re-register with sconadm or update manager
I have a Sun software support contract. Since the new My Oracle thing went alive, I've been unable to update via smpatch or the update manager--voluminous Java error messages in / var/adm/messages include: Jan 23 16:33:41 osprey root: [ID 702911 user.error] => com.sun.patchpro.util.CachingDownloader@16c79d7 <=Downloader.getResponseCode() : IOExceptionNo route to host Other messages seem to suggest failure to use a proxy server (I have no proxy server here), although my network is behind a Solaris 10 'ipfilter' firewall that nat's the internal hosts. I&#...

Can't find 'boot_DBD__mysql'
Hi, I have a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.4 I have apache 2.2 and am running the most current version of mySQL. I cannot get DBD::mysql to install. I have downloaded the perl module form CPAN and tried both automated and manual installations. During the make test step the module fails and gives me the following error. Can't find 'boot_DBD__mysql' symbol in /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle at /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Mysql.pm line 13 As far as I can tell the path is correct and I have not tried to install it anywh...

Re: Do this. Don't do that. Can't you read the signs?
Thanks for the input Lou. I was hoping to get the SAS-L community involved in the review of this document as I believe the SAS-L participant or lurker to be a better informed SAS user than most. On 8/13/09, Lou <lpogoda@hotmail.com> wrote: > ""Data _null_;"" <iebupdte@GMAIL.COM> wrote in message > news:ce1fb7450908130823g679ff40cm668f3a010f413c7a@mail.gmail.com... > > The clinical trails SAS programming community is asking for input on > > this document. > > > > http://tinyurl.com/q3gwmy > > > http://www.sascommunity.org...

Re: I can't find the error
�� �ޭz�mallanmb@TAKEAWAYf2s.com (Allan Bruce)�n���ʨ��G > "Equilibrium" <keith.bbs@ntust.org> wrote in message > news:48dUXj$z0_@ntust.org... > int num1, num2; :-O I got it , thanks a lot :) > You need to declare num1 and num2 as ints where I have above. > HTH > Allan -- >> �x�W��j��u�t �M�y�� # ntust.org # >> Author from: 218-162-62-115.HINET-IP.hinet.net  Equilibrium wrote: > -- > >> �x�W��j��u�t �M�y�� # ...

Can't find 'Prototype' syntax in JavaScript Bible'
'JavaScript Bible' v6 by Danny Goodman doesn't seem to describe the snytax used in Prototype.js. Namely, I could not find discussion of 'Object.extend' and the ':' feature (e.g., 'toColorPart:'), as in: Object.extend(Number.prototype, { toColorPart: function() { var digits = this.toString(16); if (this < 16) return '0' + digits; return digits; }, Similarly (or perhaps, not so similar), what this is about: var Try = { these: function() { .... } } Can someone please tell me where to find this in the book, or if it's n...

Re: Do this. Don't do that. Can't you read the signs? #15
Hi Art, I agree with you that the transport format is long in the tooth. I didn't even realize that there's issues with date formats. I expect if any change is going to come, it will have to be something like xport2, otherwise, lots of code will break from third party vendors. Philip Rack MineQuest, LLC SAS & WPS Consulting and WPS Reseller Tel: (614) 457-3714 Web: www.MineQuest.com Blog: www.MineQuest.com/WordPress -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Arthur Tabachneck Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 1:23 PM To: SAS-L@L...

Re: Do this. Don't do that. Can't you read the signs? #7
Gosh, a nice interesting discussion and I was too busy "getting it done." this week :-) So here it is at 10PM at night and I guess I'll contribute and hope that the discussion continues. OK, I have a new job and the pressure is very much on getting it done, but I think that the skills one brings to the job makes a huge difference...we had a new employee orientation and there was talk about whether one learns from others, from experience, or from education, and I have realized very much over the past few weeks that I learned from others, mainly those of you on SAS-L who responde...

Re: Do this. Don't do that. Can't you read the signs? #9
Paige, I have also noticed this apparent contradiction, and my only stab at explanation is to surmise that perhaps some regulations specific to clinical trials business cap data file names at 8 characters. Maybe it is a tradition formed during the times of versions earlier than 7. But, again, it is just devil's advocate guessing on my part. On the other note, I tend to agree with you that the good/bad programmer situation is not rectifiable, but even if it were I would be far from the notion that "something has to be done about it". The latter would beg the questions "what...

Re: Do this. Don't do that. Can't you read the signs? #5
Paige Then, there was a co-worker who refused to take the time to learn our current word processor and, instead, typed his memos using Excel or whatever our spread sheet was. Nat Wooding -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Paige Miller Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 12:55 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Do this. Don't do that. Can't you read the signs? On Aug 13, 9:20 pm, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Almost everyone I've interviewed in the last 10 years in the clinical trials > ...

Re: Do this. Don't do that. Can't you read the signs? #4
A few years back I was working as a contract programmer for Big Pharma and was actually asked by a manager to not use SQL in my coding because none of the programmers in their group knew it. Needless to say, I did not work for that group much longer... -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nathaniel Wooding Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 11:31 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Do this. Don't do that. Can't you read the signs? Paige Then, there was a co-worker who refused to take the time to learn our current word pro...

Re: Do this. Don't do that. Can't you read the signs? #10
The only reason I can imagine for this limitation, other than wanting to be compatible with ... v6?, which would be silly at this point, is compatibility with other software on export. I think SPSS had trouble reading >8 length character variable names from SAS at one point (though this is no longer true), and undoubtedly other software might. Therefore, not knowing what other software might be used with your data, keeping to <=8 might be best (in certain environments). In general I'd hope we were beyond that entirely, of course, but who knows .... I certainly don't keep to 8...

I can't find eth0 (or don't know how to look)
Here's the deal: I've got RH 7.3 running just fine until an hour ago. I crashed a Matlab session and decided it was a good time to reboot my machine. The shutdown process hung at some point leaving the note "No more processes at this level", and after about 5 minutes I hit the reset button. When the machine came back up, it complained about the ethernet interface, saying this: "Bringing up interface eth0: Error, some other host already uses address [my IP address]" Plus, I get a big fat red "FAILED" on the screen, just to make me feel better. How do I get my box to behave again? I'm pretty much out of clues, so any you folks have would be a pure treat. Thanks, Dale. hey dale, could you give some details : are you in a LAN ? vivekian W. Dale Hall wrote: > Here's the deal: I've got RH 7.3 running just fine until an hour ago. > I crashed a Matlab session and decided it was a good time to reboot > my machine. The shutdown process hung at some point leaving the > note "No more processes at this level", and after about 5 minutes > I hit the reset button. > > When the machine came back up, it complained about the ethernet > interface, saying this: > > "Bringing up interface eth0: Error, some other host already uses address > [my IP address]" > > Plus, I get a big fat red "FAILED" on the screen, just to make me > feel better. > > How do ...

third program can't find why it won't work.
I am learning javascript from a book. I admit it is not the easiest or best way, but I wanted to learn and I had the books purchased from awhile back. I have some familiarity with C and HTML and wanted to expand my programming base. I have tried two of the programs in this book and they worked fine. Now on the third one I can't seem to get it to work. I know it is probably something simple but could you give it a look and steer me in the right direction? Here is the code the Script and HTML commands are commented out. I thought is was suppose to return a total value. <!--ml> <he...

Wine-20050830: Can't find DLL 'x' needed by 'y', error=2
Obviously, Wine-20050830 is much, much different from earlier versions in that it does not even seem to consider a '.wine/config' file. And, it would seem, there's a problem or misunderstanding about locating DLLs. When I try to start 16-bit "Delphi.exe," I get an error: Could not load 'BIVBX11.DLL' required by 'DELPHI', error=2 A more detailed trace shows: [snip!] trace:module:LdrGetDllHandle 0 0 L"OLE32.DLL" -> 0x7f550000 trace:module:load_dll looking for L"ole32.dll" in L"C:\\delphi\\bin;.;c:\\windows\\syste...

I can't find my fieldpoint VIs in Labview
I just installed Labview 8.5 and I have a project to convert that uses Fieldpoint VIs.&nbsp; I can't figure out what to install to get Labview to recognize the VIs already embedded in the project.&nbsp; I have Instaled Fieldpoint 5.0, but I didn't see a selection for Labview 8.5 support. &nbsp; I have the runtime engine for LV 8.5 installed on the target machine.&nbsp; I'm assuming I'll also have to install something for Fieldpoint.. &nbsp; Also, from what I read, it looks like the Fieldpoint Explorer has been integrated into Max?&nbsp; I will just be able to load my .iak file somehow? &nbsp; Thanks, John Hebert Hi John! &nbsp; Thanks for contacting National Instruments. &nbsp; Guenter is right in that the Fieldpoint 5.0 drivers were released with a previous version of LabVIEW, and not the recent version, LabVIEW 8.5.&nbsp; The link he has provided to the Device Drivers from August 2007 is the only place&nbsp;to obtain the Fieldpoint 6.0 drivers without the CD that accompanies the actual&nbsp;hardware.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; As far as what you have mentioned about .iak files, I think that you are referring to something that is explained <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C7127F390359977C8625730200716EE4?OpenDocument" target="_blank">here</a>.&nbsp; <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2EF82CA062692F4886257325008067BC?OpenDocument" ...

Re: it can nibble weakly if Valerie's can isn't poor
The cars, hens, and pens are all easy and lazy. Will you fill for the monolith, if Charlene superbly jumps the orange? Some papers help, kill, and wander. Others wanly pull. Until Johnny lives the jackets admiringly, Jeanette won't lift any abysmal rains. Hardly any elder wet fork excuses coconuts within Angelo's rural shopkeeper. He may hourly reject before Nell when the stupid raindrops seek near the hot foothill. If you will answer Alvin's morning near sauces, it will wastefully order the coffee. He may solve sweet pumpkins behind the bad sharp stable, whilst J...

can't find port;error 630-MS doesn't know
I have ll xps t-800 with a modem card, purchased second hand, no docs. I get "cannot open port" at the diagnostics tab in win98 I get "error 630" when trying to dial out on new DUN. Modem not responding. Debug at d40:0 shows only port 1 following w98 help instructions as far as I understand them. Yet device manager and system info clearly shows the standard 56K modem at com5 Interrupt 10. Trying to send echo atdt and other commands in dos yields nothing. How do I get this modem to wake up. My laptop give essentially the same output in debug a...

Aarrrgh!! Why won't this work? (Apologies if this is a dup post- can't find the other)
I have a control on a form whose data source is: =IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is 100%",IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust"))) I have tried =IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust","Total is 100%")) and =IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is 100%")) The problem is that I never get the "Total is 100%" message, even when it's 1. I have tried adding the 14 values in Excel and they come to 1.00. I have put the decimal places to 4 and 5 and it's all zeroes. I typed the values into the table and want (ultimately) to enter them via a form. Thanks Sara On 31 Jan 2007 15:22:50 -0800, "sara" <saraqpost@yahoo.com> wrote: Not sure, but why not as an interim step put the value of txtPercentTotal in a field, or enter an expression in the Immediate window like: ?Forms!SomeForm!txtPercentTotal That way you would know for sure what Access thinks is the current value. Then: ?(Forms!SomeForm!txtPercentTotal = 1) Which would result in True or False. If you are using Double data type, it goes to 15 decimals if I'm not mistaken. Your value could be: 1.00000000...

Re: Can't Find Linksys IP #3
In article <telecom23.572.11@telecom-digest.org>, BHAM KAL <nospam@spamstopper.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am using Vonage at home. My Linksys wireless router is connected to > Vonage unit and the Vonage unit is connected to the incoming cable > modem. I have not logged into the wireless router in a while, now I > forgot it's IP address, how do I find it? Connect a PC to a LAN port of the router, and configure it to get its network settings by DHCP. Then check its default gateway with "ipconfig". Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu Arlington, MA *** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me *** ...

Web resources about - Re: GPIB, can't find instrument - comp.lang.labview

Horn (instrument) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the luxury hotel and restaurant, see French Horn, Sonning Eye . The horn , commonly known as the French horn , is a brass instrument ...

Blunt Instrument: Heat blast is no excuse to be naked at me
COMMENT: I know it's hot, but that doesn't mean freaks can walk around wearing non-existent pants.

Nova Centre's downtown site howling like 'a musical instrument'
Wind moving through the partially built Nova Centre is creating some eerie sounds during high winds.

New instruments needed to observe China's economy
New instruments needed to observe China's economy

Open instruments and tools: Nice idea, tough to implement
One of the problems with much of science is that it is often a quasi-sedentary profession. Apart from those lucky few who have to trek through ...

Texas Instruments, SanDisk: Fortt Pitt Capital Couldn’t Be Happier
Shares of chip makers Texas Instruments ( TXN ) and SanDisk ( SNDK ) are both moving higher this afternoon, after the two reported mixed results ...

The Wintergatan Marble Machine is a wacky, whimsical musical instrument
It took Swedish musician Martin Molin 14 months to build the Wintergatan Marble Machine, and the finished product looks and sounds like something ...

Watch this giant hand-cranked musical instrument containing 2,000 marbles play music
A Swedish musician by the name of Wintergatan has created and built an amazing musical instrument he calls the Marble Machine and you won't believe ...

Wooden Hand-Cranked Instrument Runs on 2,000 Marbles
After two years of prototyping, tweaking, and building, Martin Molin of the Swedish band Wintergatan finally debuted his enormous musical marble ...

Holocaust Mastermind Adolf Eichmann Claimed He Was A ‘Mere Instrument,’Newly Released Documents Reveal ...
In the handwritten letter, Adolf Eichmann — who was executed by Israel in 1962 — protested his innocence, calling himself an instrument “in the ...