Re: "Hi,I'm having problems controlling the Agilent E4422B Signal Generator with Labview. When using the Labview driver functions such as initialize instrument I always get an Error -1074135040

Hi, Brooks.
Attached please find the files containing all the information concerning my attempt to control the Agilent E4438C. Hope you can make sense of it and help me.

Regards
isaac

nireport.txt:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/191414/1/nireport.txt

Capture.spy:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/191414/2/Capture.spy

CaptureSpy.doc:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/191414/3/CaptureSpy.doc
0
x9561 (148442)

If this driver supports multiple instrument models, then you will probably have to set the model in the default settings in MAX.
Regards
Ray FarmerMessage Edited by Ray Farmer on 06-22-2006  01:54 PM
0
x9561 (148442)
6/22/2006 1:10:10 PM
Hello Isaac,From the Spy capture it appears that you are sending an Asynchronous write command.  The error that appears indicates that the write was successful, but was actually synchronous rather than asynchronous.  This is probably due to a configuration setting for the instrument.  As Ray points out, you may need to clarify which instrument you are using if this driver supports multiple models or check your instrument's configuration.

Regards,AngelaApplications Engineer
0
x9561 (148442)

Re: I have problems getting readings from an Agilent 34401 using the LabView drivers from the IDN. I get VISA timeouts, error code is -1073807339.
I have also today seen the same error messages while trying to use the example code for the 34401A...... Anyone since found a solution? it does appear to be a timing issue.   Thanks! Adam It was with the standard 34401 Plug and Play drivers I was seeing the problem. Running the examples within the driver was giving me a 410 error on the voltmeter. When I created a simple routine myself I also saw the same error.   I have since downloaded the Project style 34401 drivers and all works well..... I am not quite sure where these differ and the reasoning behind the two styles of drivers, but at least these work without needing to modify things!   I haven't tried the IVI driver.   Adam Hi, What are in frames 0 and 1? Always, have you tried using NI-Spy to see what is being sent and received?   Regards Ray Farmer The project-style driver is new to LabVIEW 8 and above that leverages the LabVIEW project.  As this is a different driver, we were able to redesign the API to be consistent with the latest instrument driver templates.  There are also several more examples available in this driver.  Unless you need an existing Play and Play driver for backward compatiblity in your code, you should use a project-style driver for new application development if one is availble.   The existing hp34401a driver should function properly.Message Edited by Jason Hobbs on 09-29-2006 09:33 AM Hi Adam, Than...

Error Code "1097.....this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory.........." appears after exit the labview and re-start labview
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a probelm when I use the "tool/import shared library(.dll)" wizard&nbsp;to generate the&nbsp;API from C. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The API &nbsp;works correctly when I complete the wizard, but after I exit labview and re-start labview to run&nbsp;the API&nbsp;again. The error 1097 code "......this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory.............."appears. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The only solution now is to re-generate or update the wizard to&nbsp;generate the API. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I try to find the answer in &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/58596F5D41CE8EFB862562AF0074E04C?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/58596F5D41CE8EFB862562AF0074E04C?OpenDocument</a>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The paragraph in above article shows ........................... &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "LabVIEW does not crash until it is closedThe most likely problem is that the DLL function being called has corrupted th...

Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a Win32 function to read the data from the card
Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory from a VI? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a&nbsp;Call Library&nbsp;function to read the data from the card and now I want it to go directly to system memory. The data is being received at 1Mbps. &nbsp; Thanks 1.You will most likely crash your system trying to write meg's/sec of data to system memory. LabVIEW has it's own memory manager and manages data for you. If you getting data to LabVIEW, I hope for the processinfg purposes. You didn't menti...

can Labview 7.0 control an instrument without the labview driver?
hellow,i have an instrument which do not have the labview driver,its output signal is RS232,so can i use labview7.0 to read the signal? thanks! Another possible option is to use the Instrument I/O Assistant. It is an interactive tool that generates Instrument I/O and response parsing code for you. It is very helpful in establishing a connection and helping parse instrument response data. It is pretty high level and basic, so if you want to utilize any special serial VISA functionality it may not go as deep as you would like - but it can definitely help get you started. ...

Need a Labview driver for Agilent's Signal Generator 8648D!!! Help Please

Re: How can I use a DSA to get streaming audio from FFT signals using labview?
How do you shift the frequency to a more audible range after calculating the FFT? M.Leo Hey Megan, Thanks for your help! I tried what you suggested, however I'm having problems with my audio output. According to&nbsp;the freq&nbsp;spectrum graph&nbsp;the frequency shift works, however there is no change in sound from the speaker when I adjust the rate. Any ideas on why this happening? I am outputting the signal through the sound card and wish it to remain as close to real time as possible. Thanks again M.Leo freq-shift2.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/183449/1/...

Unable to install labview in the new mac using the 'labview CD for Power Mac'
I have got a 'Labview full development system for power macintosh'. I have to use labview for some application and so I tried installing labview in my imac using this CD. The CD gets ejected out by itself. I tried it in a Mac laptop. There it opened, but when I try to install it, it gave the following message: 'You can't open the application 'Install Labview' because the classic environment is no longer supported'. Please note that the macs that I used are Intel based. What is the cause of this problem? What is the solution?The version of the software is : 6.0Please do the needful.Thankyou,Pavithra Souriraj The version you are trying to install was apparently written for Mac OS 9 or earlier, hence the reference to the Classic environment. The Classic environment is an emulation of OS 9 under OS X. However, Apple did not start using Intel processors until several years after the introduction of OS X, so they (Apple) did not develop an OS 9 emulator which will run on Intel based Macs. You cannot run LV 6 on an Intel based Mac. This is an Apple issue, not a National Instruments issue. LV 6 runs fine under OS X on a PowerPC Mac, as do several other versions.You will either need to get an older Mac or a newer version of LV. I am not sure which is the earliest version which will run on an Intel Mac.LynnUsing LV on the Mac since version 1.2 Hello Pavithra, Thank you for contacting National Instruments.&nbsp; Please look at this article for your ...

LabVIEW 8.2 -- "unable to locate LabView run-time" error message
I am trying to run a LabVIEW version 8 exe file and keep getting the "Unable to locate" error. I downloaded LabVIEW_8.2_Runtime_Engine.exe from the NI website and installed the entire contents of the distribution. After getting the error, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, with the same result. Is there some way I can troubleshoot this? Is there a configuration file or a registry entry I can check to see where LabVIEW is looking for the run-time? ...

Re: LabVIEW and LabVIEW RT?
Hello Iman, I will try to illustrate it with an example since it all will depend on the type of application you would like to implement. Let's say you would like to implement an application where you log data, maybe exchange data with databases and you acquire a bunch of data points at a time not performing any type of control and where high determinism is&nbsp;not needed. In this case LabVIEW for Windows work great. If you on the other hand would like to implement a closed-loop application where you need high determinism and reliability and will acquire data point by point you would use LabVIEW RT which is an add-on to LabVIEW. I.e. you need LabVIEW + LabVIEW RT when developing an RT application. ...

Labview 8.5.1's MathScript window failed running imread with an error &quot;A problem occurred in a subVI call.&quot;
Hi, I am trying to port a Matlab program into a MathScript script.&nbsp; Following is the first few lines of the script:clear;image1=imread('C:\LV_VertAlign\DSC_0104.jpg','jpg');image_double1=im2double(image1);image_gray11=rgb2gray(image_double1);In the first line, imread is supposed to read in a photo taken from a DSLR camera, so I think it's a 32-bit image.&nbsp; And this is the error I got when trying to run this script in the Labview 8.5.1's Mathscript windows:"Error in function imread at line 2.&nbsp; A problem occurred in a subVI call."What is the problem here?&nbsp; and why does it complain about a subVI call?Thanks for any help to point me in the right direction.-Anh Hi Anh, &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We have documentation on many of the MathScript functions available in LabVIEW.&nbsp; You can look at a document <a href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/lvtextmath/msfunc_imread/" target="_blank">here</a> that describes how to use the imread function.&nbsp; This is searchable from ni.com by entering the function name.&nbsp; If you read this document you will see the second parameter of the function only accepts the following arguments : 'BMP', 'JPEG', 'PNG'.&nbsp; If you change your line 2 to : image1=imread('C:\LV_VertAlig...

Using the cFP controller with only LabVIEW and FIELDPOINT software but no LabVIEW RT
I have a cFP-2020 controller and cPF-AI-100 modules which I intend to use in a small project. I do have LabVIEW and FIELDPOINT software but I dont have LabWIEW RT software. Is it possible to use the cPF controller with only just LabVIEW? if yes, I would like to be advised how. Thanks Dear Chuma, It is not possible to&nbsp;set up your system without Labview realtime module. There are system integrators who can build a executable for you. You can search for a alliance member by using the following link; <a href="http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niaa.search_display" target="_blank">http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niaa.search_display</a>&nbsp;Or call your local NI branch office. But if you are planning to do more realtime projects&nbsp;in the future this wouldn't be costs effective. Another option is to use compact fieldpoint pc controlled backplane (so there has to be a PC to control your compact fieldpoint system (not deterministic)). You can do this by using the compact fieldpoint ethernet backplane; <a href="http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/202527" target="_blank">http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/202527</a>&nbsp; Good luck with your project, and please let me know if there are any questions, &nbsp; Martijn ...

How can i use labview.tlb to control Labview from an external application?
Hi, I've been told by a labview engineer that i could use the file labview.tlb located in the labview install folder to control labview from an external application (in my case, a C# app). I'm using Labview 6.1 under Windows 2000. This article confirms that: "ActiveX and LabVIEW" http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/5401BE584FBAEECE862567C2006D36C7?opendocument But i've not been able to find out how to use this file to achieve what i want. I just want to be able to open/close labview, open/close a vi, start/stop a vi, hide/show a vi from a C# application. Th...

How to interface the Labview and Simulink (Matlab) without using the &quot;NI LabVIEW Simulation Interface Toolkit&quot;?
Hello, I've been using the Labview for the data aquisition. And I also developed a controller in the Simulink (Matlab) environment. I'd like to control my application using both&nbsp;programs. How&nbsp;could I&nbsp;interface the Labview and Simulink (Matlab) without using the "NI LabVIEW Simulation Interface Toolkit"? thank you, Kostya. Hi Kotsya, Thank you for posting to the National Instruments Discussion Forums. If you are not using the Math Interface Toolkit, you may be interested in using the MATLAB� Script Node. This allows you to call MATLAB� commands using ActiveX and I you can call your Simulink model from MATLAB� that way. Here are some resources on how you can do this: <a href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/gmath/matlab_script_node/" target="_blank">MATLAB � Script Node LabVIEW 8.2 Help</a> <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/4475BC3CEB062C9586256D750058F14B?OpenDocument" target="_blank">How Can I Resolve MATLAB� script node and Xmath Script Node Issues in LabVIEW?</a> Hope this helps! Hi, Abhinav, thank you for your reply. I will try to explore the option with the Script Node. regards, Kostya. &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

Error 1047 in LabVIEW 8.2: LabVIEW failed to send variable to the script server. Server:&quot;&quot;
I am working with the evaluation version of labVIEW as well and I have run into another error.&nbsp; I am using a MATLAB script node within a for loop and attempting to pass the for loop counter variable into the script.&nbsp; When I run the code it brings up a 1047 error and says "LabVIEW failed to send variable to the script server. Server:"" ".&nbsp; I looked up the error online which seems to have roots in a failed auto initialization of MATLAB.&nbsp; Is there something that I can do in labVIEW to fix the problem or is it strictly a MATLAB error? &nbsp; I really appreciate your help. Hi Patsenat, &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We have a knowledgebase document on our system referring to this issue.&nbsp; Try reading through <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2B3FF46C8512C4F786256CF30071BE53?OpenDocument" target="_blank">this</a> and attempting what it says.&nbsp; If you still have problems, please post again. ...

If i have a labview .vi file(and labview) but i want to open it in a computer that doesn't have labview, how would i do it??
Okay, i have a made a labview program and save it as.vi. &nbsp; Let's say that it is a program that when opened and you hit run it shows a sine wave. &nbsp; Now if i wanted to open up the program without Labview, ( i don't need to modify it) on a computer that doesn't have labview. How would i go about doing this?? &nbsp; Thanks, K ...

why labview 8.51 change the variable name programatically and is there a better practice to create a driver for a modbus application using the DSC embeded driver in labview
first, let me give you a few backgound, im a developer (labview dsc) i work in the industry and im working in a project we choose labview because it works very ok with other application so we picked up for this one, the problem is that this application is this big: 150 variables per device 250 devices the variables include boolean, strings, double and some re-created variables, most of this must be historized, so the trouble i have is this one: first, when i create a new device, i use a library per device i used to copy the variables and create a new modbus driver for the device, inside the library, im using modbus tcp, so to do this faster i copy the variables and then in the variable editor i link it to the right library name, so this sound very good, obviously this sounds very easy, but well theres a think that i cannot escape, i always have to update the .vi with the new tags and it take a long time, but well thats my work, ok, well my problem begins when i return to my application with 4 devices and realize that it changes de variable path to another library i men it gave me the data of other device and not the right one, so thast the first one, and well in a stand alone app this could not be good, the second trouble i ve recently, ive add the 5, 6 devices, so the variable went down giving me bad values, i test it with kepware opc and it gave me the right values so its a labview problem, my question is: is there a reazon for this, what am i doing wrong? or whats the righ...

Re: Are Advantech products and its labview drivers good to work with Labview 7? #2
I have PCL 818L card. Where can I get the Labview drivers for the same Hi QWERTYU, maybe this helps: <a href="http://support.advantech.com.tw/support/DownloadSRDetail.aspx?SR_ID=1-2HYBNJ" target="_blank">http://support.advantech.com.tw/support/DownloadSRDetail.aspx?SR_ID=1-2HYBNJ</a> or this: <a href="http://support.advantech.com.tw/Support/DownloadSearchByProduct2.aspx?keyword=LabView" target="_blank">http://support.advantech.com.tw/Support/DownloadSearchByProduct2.aspx?keyword=LabView</a> MikeMessage Edited by MikeS81 on 05-07-2008 01:11 PM ...

Re: Application Builder for labVIEW 7 Doesn't support any report generation function
Hi all, I have the same problem too. I'm developping the application by using a MS OFFICE REPORT from a MS report generation toolkit. Then when I test and run&nbsp;my application, the results work fine, I can chose the location to save my excel file and then I can open the saved excel file to see my result. However, the problem arises when I try to built the .EXE file, it doesn't work. Even though, I've already added 2 dynamic VIs as follows: - _Word Dynamic Vis.vi from _wordrdsub.llb - _Excel Dynamic VIs.vi from _exclsub.llb Could anyone advise how to solve this problem ?&nbsp;Additionally, I'm using LabVIEW8 and MS OFFICE EXCEL 2003. Thanks in advance. Pravee Solimac (Thailand) &nbsp; If I recall correctly, the Report Generation Toolkit User Guide indicates some special steps that are required when building an executable that uses the MS Office Report Express VI.&nbsp; Specifically, I believe you need to add the following two files as Support Files in your application before building: [LabVIEW]\templates\Report\MSOffice_RGT_Template.dot[LabVIEW]\templates\Report\MSOffice_RGT_Template.xlt See if this helps,-D P.S. - If you're still having problems after reading this suggestion and the user guide, I recommend a more detailed description of the specific error you receive, along with attaching a simple project file and VI that demonstrate the behavior. ...

Using Labview 6.1 on Linux, the 'Current VI's Path' function...
Using Labview 6.1 on Linux, the 'Current VI's Path' function returns an incorrect and unuseable path. 'Current VI's Path' is returning my home director rather than the vi path and it has a back slash '/' at the end which means I can not append to it. Is this a bug? Hi Jack, I emailed you the my suggestions below "I tried running LabVIEW 6.1 on a Linux machine here running red hat 7.2 and I couldnt reproduce you issue. I got the full pathname '/home/login_name/untitled1.vi. I even tried LabVIEW 7 and that worked fine too. This maybe a silly questi...

fopen ("file on shared drive","w+") doesn't work on 2nd call using Windows LabView DDL
Hello, I have a shared drive on SGI, Linux, and Windows. A second call to fopen doesn't create the file if it has been deleted. I would like to use fopen for its pointer return value to solve this. What is the best way to fix this problem? The reason I want to do this is I do not want to exit completely from LabView and then re-enter it to create the file! I talked to my system person and he said something "like" this. That it is a caching problem. Windows has the file in cache memory. All references to it affect the cached file. You can do fopens (NULL not returned, and ...

Re: is it possible to test pic microcontroller using serial port and labview, if so any labview codes around for this??
can u plz show us the diagrams for this exampls in this pdf files i need it so much &nbsp; thx for helping ...

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

Re: Hi, I'm trying to write a code in Labview that will run a scara robot, Its gonna be 2 axis, one linked to a gam
Hallo Tristan, Do you have integrated trajectory planning as functions in motion software? Can you send me any document about them? &nbsp; &nbsp; Best regards mark ...

Why does labview generate Dr. Watson error "C0000005 access violation"
I am running Labview 5.1.1 in Windows 2000 Professional on a machine with the following configuration *----> System Information <----* Computer Name: ANDANTE User Name: Administrator Number of Processors: 2 Processor Type: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 3 Windows 2000 Version: 5.0 Current Build: 2195 Service Pack: 4 Current Type: Multiprocessor Free I have all of a sudden begun to experience labview crashes. The crash occurs systematically after tens of minutes; not just a few minutes, but not more than an hour or so. I a...

I have some question on &quot;Use LabVIEW to Control two DSP and RTDX&quot;
I have some question when writing LabVIEW. I have DSP6711 and DSP6416, I use RTDX to send data to LabVIEW. I write three programes for LabVIEW, one is RTDX for&nbsp;DSP6711, another is RTDX for DSP6416, and the final is RTDX for two DSPs. The program of LabVIEW is workable when doing DSP6711 or doing DSP6416. But there is some problem when running DSP6711 and DSP6416 on LabVIEW at the same time. How to&nbsp;tell the LabVIEW's tool of " RTDX read" to&nbsp; get the datas from different DSP ...

Web resources about - Re: "Hi,I'm having problems controlling the Agilent E4422B Signal Generator with Labview. When using the Labview driver functions such as initialize instrument I always get an Error -1074135040 - comp.lang.labview

Talk:Controlling for a variable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of the WikiProject Statistics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of statistics on Wikipedia. If ...

Controlling What You Share on Timeline - Facebook
Facebook and Privacy hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Controlling What You Share on Timeline geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen. ...

Balloon Snake - Pop Balloons by Controlling a Bird with the Accelerometer or by Touching on the App Store ...
Get Balloon Snake - Pop Balloons by Controlling a Bird with the Accelerometer or by Touching on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and ...

Controlling a Computer with Eyes - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Some folks know I work with assistive technology, and this shot is one from many I took in the last few days at a conference in Phoenix. This ...

Controlling Doepfer modular synth with a Wiimote - YouTube
This video is about controlling a modular synth with Nintendo's wiimote gamepad, using Doepfer A-100, Doepfer MCV24, Wiimote and computer. Softwares ...

Senator Dastyari slams companies 'controlling' politics
Watch Labor senator Sam Dastyari's firebrand speech he made to a Politics in the Pub audience.

CONTROLLING CHAOS: Twitter's Wild Ride From Doodle To IPO
CONTROLLING CHAOS: Twitter's Wild Ride From Doodle To IPO Business Insider Australia “We apologise if the following profile lacks our usual ...

View from the Street: Power to the people controlling the power!
Your news of the day, reduced to a snarky rant.

Dying to be clean: The new technique for controlling feral cats
Cleanliness may be next to godliness unless you're a feral cat, in which case, cleanliness may get you a place next to god. In kitty heaven, ...

Fears Of Telstra controlling NBN - Nextgen - AAPT - Optus - HarbourIT - Budde
The NBN was supposed to create a level playing field, but there are fears that Telstra could still exert bottleneck control over access to customers, ...