Re: How can I use a DSA to get streaming audio from FFT signals using labview?

How do you shift the frequency to a more audible range after calculating the FFT?
M.Leo
0
x9561 (148439)

Hey Megan,
Thanks for your help!
I tried what you suggested, however I'm having problems with my audio output.
According to the freq spectrum graph the frequency shift works, however there is no change in sound from the speaker when I adjust the rate. Any ideas on why this happening?
I am outputting the signal through the sound card and wish it to remain as close to real time as possible.
Thanks again
M.Leo

freq-shift2.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/183449/1/freq-shift2.vi
0
x9561 (148439)
5/6/2006 11:10:09 AM
Hey MLeo,
Check out the Generate Sound.vi that ships with LabVIEW.  This VI allows you to set the frequency of the audio output and it's easy to hear the differences.  I tried between 300 and 1000 and the changes were clear.  I suspect that the frequencies you are using are too high and either the speakers can't really show the variation or our ears can't differentiate them.
To find the VI, just go to Help>>Find Examples and search for sound.
Hope this helps!!Megan B.National Instruments
0
x9561 (148439)

Re: "Hi,I'm having problems controlling the Agilent E4422B Signal Generator with Labview. When using the Labview driver functions such as initialize instrument I always get an Error -1074135040
Hi, Brooks. Attached please find the files containing all the information concerning my attempt to control the Agilent E4438C. Hope you can make sense of it and help me.   Regards isaac nireport.txt: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/191414/1/nireport.txt Capture.spy: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/191414/2/Capture.spy CaptureSpy.doc: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/191414/3/CaptureSpy.doc Hi, If this driver supports multiple instrument models, then you will probably have to set the model in the default settings in MAX. Regards Ray FarmerMessage Edited by Ray Farmer on 06-22-2006 01:54 PM Hello Isaac,From the Spy capture it appears that you are sending an Asynchronous write command.  The error that appears indicates that the write was successful, but was actually synchronous rather than asynchronous.  This is probably due to a configuration setting for the instrument.  As Ray points out, you may need to clarify which instrument you are using if this driver supports multiple models or check your instrument's configuration.   Regards,AngelaApplications Engineer ...

how can a BILBO can be used as a pseudo-random pattern generator.(using labview)
how can a BILBO can be used as a pseudo-random pattern generator.(using labview) Can someone please give me an insight on how to do this asap, i would be exteremely grateful-thanks. Bilbo Baggins? Dear Deano, I am unfamiliar with the use of BILBO cells, but am willing to help as much as I possibly can. I managed to find a rather helpful website, which described the 4 functions a BILBO register is capable of ? including pseudo-random pattern generation. A very versatile little circuit, I must say. Perhaps you could take a look at the website yourself, and confirm that this is the functionality you are interested in... <a href="http://tams-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/applets/hades/webdemos/35-selftest/60-bilbo/bilbo4.html" target="_blank"> http://tams-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/applets/hades/webdemos/35-selftest/60-bilbo/bilbo4.html</a> Could I also ask you to provide some more information about what you are trying to achieve. Generally, the more information you are able to provide on these forums, the more users will be willing to help. So my question to you is... are you trying to mimic a BILBO's functionality&nbsp;(using LabView) or talk to a piece of BILBO hardware (using Labview)? If the later is the case, could you let us know how you trying to communicate with the device. However, if the former is the case, and you are purely interested in random sequence generation, perhaps you should consider some of the LabView fun...

How can i use labview.tlb to control Labview from an external application?
Hi, I've been told by a labview engineer that i could use the file labview.tlb located in the labview install folder to control labview from an external application (in my case, a C# app). I'm using Labview 6.1 under Windows 2000. This article confirms that: "ActiveX and LabVIEW" http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/5401BE584FBAEECE862567C2006D36C7?opendocument But i've not been able to find out how to use this file to achieve what i want. I just want to be able to open/close labview, open/close a vi, start/stop a vi, hide/show a vi from a C# application. Th...

Re: I have problems getting readings from an Agilent 34401 using the LabView drivers from the IDN. I get VISA timeouts, error code is -1073807339.
I have also today seen the same error messages while trying to use the example code for the 34401A...... Anyone since found a solution? it does appear to be a timing issue. &nbsp; Thanks! Adam It was with the standard 34401 Plug and Play drivers I was seeing the problem. Running the examples within the driver was giving me a 410 error on the voltmeter. When I&nbsp;created a simple routine myself I also saw the same error. &nbsp; I have since downloaded the Project style 34401 drivers and all works well..... I am not quite sure where these differ and the reasoning behind the two styles of drivers, but at least these work without needing to modify things! &nbsp; I haven't tried the IVI driver. &nbsp; Adam Hi, What are in frames 0 and 1? Always, have you tried using NI-Spy to see what is being sent and received? &nbsp; Regards Ray Farmer The project-style driver is new to LabVIEW 8 and above that leverages the LabVIEW project.&nbsp; As this is a different driver, we were able to redesign the API to be consistent with the latest instrument driver templates.&nbsp; There are also several more examples available in this driver.&nbsp; Unless you need an existing Play and Play driver for backward compatiblity in your code, you should use a project-style driver for new application development if one is availble. &nbsp; The existing hp34401a driver should function properly.Message Edited by Jason Hobbs on 09-29-2006 09:33 AM Hi Adam, Than...

Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a Win32 function to read the data from the card
Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory from a VI? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a&nbsp;Call Library&nbsp;function to read the data from the card and now I want it to go directly to system memory. The data is being received at 1Mbps. &nbsp; Thanks 1.You will most likely crash your system trying to write meg's/sec of data to system memory. LabVIEW has it's own memory manager and manages data for you. If you getting data to LabVIEW, I hope for the processinfg purposes. You didn't menti...

What LabVIEW examples can we use to get a Linear Graph...
What LabVIEW examples can we use to get a Linear Graph between experimental points, which contains the AXSI ORIGIN? To discover the Ohm's Law, I = V / R, by the analysis of a set of data(I,V) we need a Linear Feet in order to get a graph between experimental points, graph which contains the origin of the axis. We created a program, which uses Regression Solver, but the graph we get, does NOT contain the AXIS ORIGIN. You can download our program from the next location http://www.credislabviewtoolkit.home.ro/Download/Ohm's%20Law%20-%20Data%20Analysis%20with%20Regression%20Solver.l...

Re: Where can I find contract work using LabVIEW?
There are two good ways to get contract work for programming with LabVIEW: &nbsp; 1.&nbsp; Get certified as a LabVIEW Developer (CLD).&nbsp; This will get your name on our website for customers to browse when looking for LabVIEW programmers.&nbsp; This will also give you exposure to NI reps to they can be aware you're working and certified, even if they're not your rep, they could still recommend you to a customer in need. &nbsp; 2.&nbsp; Become a Certified Professional Instructor.&nbsp; You'll receive teaching contracts from NI that could last as little as 3 days, or as much as a month at a time based on your location and willingness to travel.&nbsp; &nbsp; View details at <a href="http://www.ni.com/training" target="_blank">www.ni.com/training</a>&nbsp; &gt;&gt; Certification Overview &nbsp; Regards, Berenice Tostado National Instruments Canada Customer Education Manager ...

Re: is it possible to test pic microcontroller using serial port and labview, if so any labview codes around for this??
can u plz show us the diagrams for this exampls in this pdf files i need it so much &nbsp; thx for helping ...

How to retrieve audio signals from DTR-2602 using labview vi?
We have in our possession a DTR-2602 unit, and we have connected it to an audio capturing unit, Edirol UA-5, which has a usb port connecting to a Mac (with OS X). I am not familiar with labview programming and so I was looking for an existing vi that retreives the audio signals from the left and right channels. The information stored on the DTR is as follows, Each sample of each channel is stored on 16bits. The two last bits are replaced by information corresponding to synchro(s) and the voice channel. On the tape, these bytes are recorded one after the other. The flow of information coming out of the DIGITAL OUTPUT of the DTR is 192000&nbsp; bytes per seconds : (2bytes per sample, two main channels, 48 KHz of sampling rate)The left and right channels on the DTR-2602 unit has 8 input/output ports respectively.Could someone please suggest where I could find an exiting vi?Thank you in advance. ...

Re: Can LabView be used to create applications to sniff ethernet traffic?
I going to be more specific in this question.&nbsp; I have a NIC that to xp looks like an Ethernet NIC and shows up as a network connection, exept that the other side isn't Ethernet, it is BACnet ms/tp.&nbsp; The "NIC" has an Ethernet address, is connected, and recieving data.&nbsp; I don't need it to be decoded simply input and recorded. &nbsp; The question is: How do I access that data stream w/Labview? ...

Re: Where can I find an example of a vi which reads a xml file using the Labview schema (LVXMLSchema.xsd)?
Hi I am developlinng one application which will write in to XML file with specified tags. I tried to download the LabXML library but i am not able to download as it is giving error with downloaded zip file.&nbsp;Will you please send the Library to me. Thanks in advance Rikki Hi Thanks for your reply Actually i am developing one application which will write in to XML file. E.g &lt;Step StepID="0" Wait="2000" Fbck="0"&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;UsrInfo&gt;Operating Text&lt;/UsrInfo&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;UsrHelp&gt;Log File&lt;/UsrHelp&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;Ctrl Value="1"&gt;Signal Name 1&lt;/Ctrl&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;Fbck MinValue="1" MaxValue="1"&gt;Signal Name 2&lt;/Fbck&gt;&lt;/Step&gt; &nbsp; The inputs strings are 0 , 2000 , 0, Operating Text , Log File , 1,&nbsp; Signal Name 1, 1,1,Signal Name 2 I tried but it is not writing in to the XML file correctly. Will you please help me. Rikki ...

Re: Where can I find an example of a vi which reads a xml file using the Labview schema (LVXMLSchema.xsd)? #2
OK- this is not a great code example however it does parse common scalar datatypes.&nbsp; It worked well enough for the uses I needed it for.&nbsp; XML String to Spreadsheet.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/209936/1/XML String to Spreadsheet.vi ...

Just When I Was Getting Used To Using Using
I have a class Packet that contains a nested class Payload and an enumeration: struct Packet { struct Payload { } ; } ; I had gotten into the habit of writing: using Packet::Payload; so I could write: Payload::..blah.. instead of Packet::Payload::..blah I have done this... (gulp) in many, many .cpp files. I tried out the new Visual C++ Express compiler from you-know-who on my source code and got 1000's of error messages: ...\Packet\Packet.cpp(13) : error C2885: 'Packet::Payload': not a valid using-declaration at non-class scope What does the standard say? Is this really illegal as Microsoft says? And if it is illegal, what is the rationale behind making it so? Reference: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177253.aspx -Le Chaud Lapin- [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] On 26 Nov 2005 10:06:23 -0500, "Le Chaud Lapin" <unoriginal_username@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have a class Packet that contains a nested class Payload and an >enumeration: > >struct Packet >{ > struct Payload > { > } ; >} ; > >I had gotten into the habit of writing: > >using Packet::Payload; > >so I could write: > >Payload::..blah.. > >instead of > >Packet::Payload::..blah > >I have done this... (gulp) in many, many .cpp files. > >I tried out the new Visual C++ Express compil...

Re: Can I use "accesshw.zip" to make the in port and out port VIs work (for NT) for Labview 6.0.2.
Hello, I?m writing you concerning your NI post on using ?Out Port.vi? to write to the parallel port, you seem to be very knowledgeable on the subject and I?m hoping you can help me out. I?ve been having a heck of a time trying to write values. I downloaded your VI for Labview 6 (I have 6i) and am using Out Port.vi. The computer tells me the port address is 0378-037F yet when I put this address (378,379,etc) as input to the VI and change the value between 0 and 1 (I assume that is low/high, but I?ve tried larger numbers also) I get no change. I looked at a bunch of post and one NI told me to install the 5.5 CVI runtime engine, which I did, but still nothing. I downloaded a separate monitoring/writing program to see if my port is broken but that program toggles the values just fine. I?m really at a loss, is there something other than the simple out port.vi I need to use? I?m running XP pro. Thank you for your help, James Hi, &nbsp; "The computer tells me the port address is 0378-037F "..... &nbsp; Obviously, the 0378 here is in Hex, so make sure you don't wire a decimal 378 as port address....... &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

Using LabView server , is it possible to use the multicast...
Using LabView server , is it possible to use the multicast protocol to send VIs to clients using Run Time Engine? I need to know if it is possible to configure Labview web server to send remote control information with multicast protocol Well, it won't be the "web server", because web traffic is TCP and multicast requires a stateless protocol such as UDP. LabVIEW 7 and later include multicast support in the UDP palette ("UDP multicast open") so you should be able to to implement multicast communication with your own code. (I don't understand your title "......

Re: can i control a DC motor by fuzzy logic with labview using daq card pci-mio-16e4 and scxi 1122 &1124,1163 modules
Hi. &nbsp; I?ve seen this messages and I want to control three motors with fuzzy logic controllers. O know that LabView has libraries to with fuzzy logic controllers. Do you have or know where to get that library? &nbsp; Sincerely, &nbsp;Carlos Costa ...

How do I get the digital audio input to use the STB digital audio signal?
My HP Pavilion m7250n Media Center computer has a digital audio input RCA jack on the back. It is right next to the parallel port, not on the video/audio cards. When I run an RCA cable from the digital audio output on the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250HD set-top cable box to the digital audio input on the computer, there is no sound. This computer has the Realtek HD Audio Manager system. how do I get the digital audio input on the computer to use the digital audio signal from the set-top box? Thanks for any info, Lew ...

How to use LabView to measure distance using quadrature encoder
I am currently doing a project that requires the positioning and characterization of TV signals. As such, the position of the TV receiver is one&nbsp; important variable that i have to measure. I am required to automate the measurements and data logging using a PC/notebook. I have purchased a 2-channel HEDS-9000 quadrature encoder with 2000 CPR &amp; the HEDS6120 codewheel - both from Avago Tech, to be interfaced with the notebook/PC. My idea is to get a TTL-to-RS232 converter to interface with the PC, so that i can feed the output from the encoder to the PC. However, i dun have much idea on how I can use LabView to interface the encoder and the PC. Can anyone offer some valuable advice? Do I need additional hardware for it? Btw, the encoder module consists of 5 pins - Vcc, GND, CH.A, CH.B, with one pin not used. Thanks !! ...

count the number of seeds using labview
hello, I am new to labview and need to create a VI to count the number of seeds being dropped. I understand you can do this using labview. please can someone direct me to a tutorial or an example to do this? I use a camera - how do you connect up the camera to work with labview? thanks ...

Trying to use Labview Test Executive with Labview 7.1
I have an old application I wrote in Labview 5.1 using the Test Executive version 5.1.&nbsp; I now need to modify the program slightly for a new product. So far I have done the following: 1. Installed the Test Executive in the Labview 7.1 directory 2. Mass compiled the vi's in the LVEXEC51 folder &nbsp; During the mass compile, I see a number of errors when it tries to compile the vi's in the DATABASE folder. It can't seem to find vi's related to SQL (ie Easy SQL.vi). When I try to run the Test Executive directly from the Operator.llb, I see the following errors: &n...

build a DLL in LabVIEW &amp; Use the DLL in LabVIEW
I am trying to build a DLL for the simple vi with LabVIEW and want to use the DLL in LabVIEW. is it impossible? &nbsp; I wrote a vi and it have 2 terminals. one is the input for numeric dbl data type and one another is the output for numeric dbl 1D array data type. &nbsp; It was built with the Application builder for LabVIEW 8.0 and DLL was created successfully. &nbsp; I want to use this DLL&nbsp;in new vi with LabVIEW. &nbsp; Call library function used. I wrote a new vi to use that DLL. &nbsp; In config dialog I config each parameter for dll and connected terminals. but it doesn't work &nbsp; pleas refer to the attatched file and let me know what I missed. &nbsp; Array1D.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/235977/1/Array1D.zip ...

Help with getting labview to use logic.
I am a beginner working on a research project at Louisiana Tech University.&nbsp; I inherited a labview file from a previous researcher and need to edit it to include a little logic. The program basically looks at four inputs for either a low or high reading, and then based on those readings displays a value.&nbsp; Such as if inputs 1,2, &amp; 4 were reading high, it would display 0.&nbsp; The new program I am trying to write is similar but instead needs to reference a list.&nbsp; The values it will read will have repeats in the cycle.&nbsp; The current programming would read the following based off the inputs: 0, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180, 90, 240, 270, 300, 90.&nbsp; I need the program to look a list and see that instead of displaying 90 after 180 and 300, it should display 210 and 330 respectively.Is there a way to do this? Hi nab014, if you know the array you need, then create it using a for loop. If you have the array you want and the array you need you can compare them using the equal function. You will get an boolean array. If the values are equal then, it shows true otherwise false. Then you can use another for loop in which you change the incorrect values. But if you already know the array you need why do you want to change the values? Mike Probably. But you will need to better explain what you're doing since it made no sense to me. For instance: - Why is the output 0 if 1, 2, and 4 are high? Is it those specific inputs? Or, is it an...

ECG Signal acquisition using LabVIEW
Hello, I am new to LabVIEW. I want to acquire ECG signal for processing using labview. Kindly suggest me hardware configuration i should have. my email is vickysuri@gmail.com Vicky Suri ...

Re: using snmp toolkit for labview
Esther, Were you ever able to get the toolkit examples to work? I was not able to,&nbsp;so if you can&nbsp;give any tips to help me that would be great. I don't know if the problem is my operating system is lacking something or the example VIs were not in the right file structure or what. Viodia wasn't much help so I am glad I did not buy it. Thanks, Dave ...

Web resources about - Re: How can I use a DSA to get streaming audio from FFT signals using labview? - comp.lang.labview

Streaming media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Streaming media is multimedia that is constantly received by and presented to an end-user while being delivered by a provider. Its verb form, ...

Ustream Broadcast For Friends Live Video-Streaming App Adds Support For Facebook Pages
Streaming-video provider Ustream released an update to its Broadcast for Friends iPhone application that allows page administrators to record ...

NASA SDO - Streaming Plasma - NASA Solar Dynamics Observatory (Little SDO) - Facebook
SDO zoomed in on this active region to watch as plasma streamed back and forth above it over two days (Apr. 30 to May 2, 2011). Magnetic forces ...

StreamAPI is Another New Video Streaming Service Integrated with Facebook Connect
Live streaming on Facebook is now more affordable for smal businesses and individuals thanks to StreamAPI , a new product from live-streaming ...

Argus Streaming News (@ArgusRadio) on Twitter

Redbox Instant by Verizon - Movie and Video Streaming on the App Store on iTunes
Get Redbox Instant by Verizon - Movie and Video Streaming on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Redbox may launch a new video streaming service soon, dubbed Redbox Digital
(credit: Flickr user TheTruthAbout ) Redbox might try its hand at online video streaming again, according to a report from Variety . "Sources ...

Useless Eaters streaming EP, prep new LP for Castle Face, playing shows
San Francisco (via Memphis) art punks Useless Eaters released the Temporary Mutilation EP earlier this year via Slovenly, which was recorded ...

Justin Bieber just broke a new streaming record with 10 billion video views
Justin Bieber is breaking even more records. On Thursday, Bieber became the first artist to hit 10 billion views on Vevo. The video site commemorated ...

Report: YouTube Working On Live-Streaming Video App
YouTube might be stepping up to bat against Twitter’s Periscope and Facebook Live with its own foray into the live-streaming video world, according ...