Re: How can labview update the string control (text-edit box) after we have pressed the carriage return key on the keyboard during text-editing within that box?

Hello Alberto,

I have trouble to edit an exited text file and save it after the content changed. Can you please help me out?

Thanks,
Jason
0
x9561 (148442)

Save Text from GUI Edit Text Box
Hi there! I'm very new to MatLab, this is probably very easy to do - please, if you can, give me very explicit instructions. I'm creating a GUI in GUIDE that has a editable text box. I want a button that, when clicked, will write that text to a text file (in this case, directory.txt). If there is a way to browse for a directory and input the directory into the text box in the GUI, that would be way awesome, but it's not a priority. Thanks very much everybody! "Kyle " <kylebshr@gmail.com> wrote in message <jucb5d$s0b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi there! > > I'm very new to MatLab, this is probably very easy to do - please, if you can, give me very explicit instructions. > > I'm creating a GUI in GUIDE that has a editable text box. I want a button that, when clicked, will write that text to a text file (in this case, directory.txt). > > If there is a way to browse for a directory and input the directory into the text box in the GUI, that would be way awesome, but it's not a priority. Thanks very much everybody! Kyle...did you get the answer! if yes, then , please tell me too! thanks in advance! ...

I have a Text control string box with some initial text. I...
I have a Text control string box with some initial text. I would like to highlight old text with click of mouse and type in new data from keyboard I have a text control string box with some initial text (says: Please enter Name). I would like the operator to click on the text control box and have it automatically highlight so that when new data is typed in the old erases (all at once) and the new data is now in the text box. I tried using the "Text.Selection" property node and when I run it and put the mouse inside the text box the initial text is highlighted and if I press "de...

Background color for dim edit/text edit box
Does anyone know how to change the background color in the dim edit/text edit box? Mine is black and it makes it hard to see anything. kkopp@tensarcorp.com (KEVIN) wrote in message news:<915a0bf5.0407130858.67cf47bc@posting.google.com>... > Does anyone know how to change the background color in the dim > edit/text edit box? Mine is black and it makes it hard to see > anything. I don't know if you can change the color, but you might want to try this: Go to your desktop and right click, select properties. Select the "Effects" tab and uncheck the "Smooth edges of screen fonts" option. Doing this made our fonts readable in the MText editor box. We use Windows 2000, but it should work the same with XP. Good luck. ...

Tab key behavior in edit text box
I have a multiline edit text box in my GUI and I want to switch focus to another uicontrol by Tab key, but instead a blank space is inserted in the edit box. Is there a way how to circumvent this? Thanks, Jerry Jerry wrote: > I have a multiline edit text box in my GUI and I want to switch focus > to another uicontrol by Tab key, but instead a blank space is > inserted in the edit box. Is there a way how to circumvent this? > > Thanks, > Jerry yep, add a callback which after each key stroke tests whether it has been the tab key. if so, remove the character from the end of ...

'GUI-Edit text ui control'-Way to detect mouse click in the edit text
Hi I am designing a graphical user interface. I have an edit text box. I would like that when a user double clicks inside the text box a new window open up with the options of inserting the text, else user can himself enter the text from the keyboard. The problem is that I am struggling to find a way to detect the mouse click inside the text box. I know about 'keypressfcn' but I suppose that does not check the mouse click. Please help me in this regard. Thank you in advace. Sumit "Olivier " <sumit.iitkgp@gmail.com> wrote in message <hq6ca7$r79$1@fred.mathwork...

Adding Combo Box Text To A Text Box
I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any help is appreciated. This will do it: Private Sub ComboBox_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.Textbox) Then Me.Textbox = ComboBox Else Me.Textbox = Me.Textbox & vbNewLine & ComboBox End If End Sub Wayne wrote: >I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value >from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to >do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: > >Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox > >I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in >the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using >Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. > >I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any >help is appreciated. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http:/...

text box dependent on other text box entry
I want to have a form with 40 PartNumber text boxes, 40 PartDescription text boxes, and 40 PartPrice text boxes. The name of each would vary of course, but I want to be able to enter the part number in the PartNumber in the PartNumber text box for each replaced part. After the number has been entered the PartDescription and the PartPrice should show up in the other respective text boxes. I will be linking to a table that includes 3 columns labeled PartNumber, PartDescription, and PartPrice. For instance, if I enter "12345" in the PartNumber text box then the description of the part along with its price should appear in each of their respective text boxes. If PartNumber 12345 is a Washer that costs 0.75 then The PartDescription, and PartPrice should read Washer in PartDescription text box and $0.75 in the PartPrice text box. In other words I need some code or method that upon entering a PartNumber in the PartNumber field finds the record referred to and then returns the value other columns in the table. There should be no error if a field is left blank. This database will be used to enter warranty claims, so that the user will be able to enter parts and automatically know how much they will be reimbursed for the part. Thanks for your help, Shannan Casteel -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200507/1 hmm... 40 partnumber textboxes? Are you sure you don't want something like a d...

text/ edit box
hi, scrolling a edit box in matlab...obviously its a multi line edit box,I have associated a slider with this edit box.Now my question is when a user clicks on this slider the slider callback function gets triggered and all...but i have problems moving the cursor to a specific location in the edit box.I know this can be done in vb but not sure if this could be done in matlab.... for instance....when a user clicks on slider..the cursor should move from here to.................................................................... .....................................................................

How To Edit The Same Text Box?
Hi. Can somebody tell me how I would go about allowing the user to click on a link to put content in text box A and then another link to put different content in text box A and so on. Finally, when onsubmit is fired, all the content created for each individual link (using the same text box) is sent to SQL Server. How do I reuse the same text box in this manner? Thanks! You could append the "content" from each click into a variable, and then for each click the textbox simply displays the text for the most recent click. Then you are not sending the textbox value to the server; y...

How can i deactivate paste in a rich text edit box ?
I'm running Kevin Roth's rte box and i want to deactivate the ability to past inside the box. People sometimes paste outrageous things in there that might break my site. How can I deactivate the ability to paste? see: http://www.kevinroth.com/rte/demo.htm Thanks for your help Seth Russell "Seth Russell" <russell.seth@gmail.com> writes: > I'm running Kevin Roth's rte box I don't know what it is, but it probably doesn't work in my browser anyway ... checking ... well, at least I can write HTML in it. > and i want to deactivate the ability to...

Copy text from edit text box on MATLAB GUI to specific cell on an excel file
Good day! I would like to copy or transfer the text from an edit box on MATLAB GUI (via push button) to a specific cell on an excel file. Can you suggest on how to accomplish this one or even cite sample codes? If this is not possible, can you suggest anything on how to allow the user to input texts using the MATLAB GUI (via push button) and automatically transfer the texts to a specific cell on excel? It is preferable to have the texts copied/stored to the excel file without opening the actual excel file. Thank you so much. "Mary Requilman" <maryrose.requilman@gmail....

Re-writing values in Gui Edit Text Box from code
I would like to take data I import from a file and insert it into a number of Edit Text Boxes on my GUI for further manipulation. Is there a statement I can use in my m-code that will write the values to these boxes similar to the way I can write to the static text? "Stu Libby" <slibby@ll.mit.edu> wrote in message news:eed1ec4.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > I would like to take data I import from a file and insert it into a > number of Edit Text Boxes on my GUI for further manipulation. Is > there a statement I can use in my m-code that will write the values > to the...

Invoking Multiple Edit Text Box Callbacks from within GUI
I have a simple GUIDE-based GUI that requires a user to input strings into multiple edit text boxes (the inputs are complete paths to different files) then parses the inputs of each text box and passes them as arguments to a function. I want the user to be able to input data into the text boxes in one of three ways: 1)Enter text directly into the edit text box. For simplicity/clarity, I have located all the parsing steps in the Callback functions themselves. Clicking enter or clicking away activates the Callback and thus the parsing. 2)Individual buttons which launch uigetfile and then set...

Re: tabulate: using BOX=<<varname>> to control box text
Ah, that gets me there--thanks Ya! The other piece of the solution is to make box_text_var my page dimension var. that is: proc tabulate ; class box_text_var y z ; table box_text_var, y, z / box = _page_ ; Many thanks! -Roy -----Original Message----- From: Ya Huang [mailto:ya.huang@AMYLIN.COM] Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 12:13 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU; Pardee, Roy Cc: Ya Huang Subject: Re: tabulate: using BOX=<<varname>> to control box text Try box = _page_; On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:53:49 -0700, Pardee, Roy <pardee.r@GHC.ORG> wrote: >Hey All, > >I've got a dset I'm summarizing w/a TABULATE call similar to this: > > proc tabulate ; > class x y z ; > table x, y, z / box = box_text_var ; > >This causes the *label* attached to the box_text_var to appear in the box. What I want is for the *values* of box_text_var to appear in there. (The values of x and box_text_var are coordinated such that there is one and only one value of box_text_var per unique value of x.) > >Is this possible to do & if so how? > >Many thanks! > >-Roy > >Roy Pardee >Research Analyst/Programmer >Group Health Center For Health Studies (Cancer Research Network) >(206) 287-2078 >Google Talk: rpardee ...

Highlight text and Text Box Control
C5.0b PE legacy Hello! I have one invoice application with the text area for variable customer announcement. It is now filled and printed using the standard Arial characters. Is there any easy and cheap method to highlight these messages? (Compare "Word text") TIA Riku Maki ...

"using \r in string to text box for carriage return"
I am not able to get \t (tab), or \r (carriage return) in my string to work to a "String Indicator" on panel of my Labview vi. How do you accomplish a tab or CR to work. Did you configure your string as '/' Code Display instead of Normal Dispaly? Niko You have to right-click on the control/indicator and set the display mode to code... If that's not the problem, please attach a picture of the code or the code to illustrate it in more detail. ...

Re: tabulate: using BOX=<<varname>> to control box text #2
Try box = _page_; On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:53:49 -0700, Pardee, Roy <pardee.r@GHC.ORG> wrote: >Hey All, > >I've got a dset I'm summarizing w/a TABULATE call similar to this: > > proc tabulate ; > class x y z ; > table x, y, z / box = box_text_var ; > >This causes the *label* attached to the box_text_var to appear in the box. What I want is for the *values* of box_text_var to appear in there. (The values of x and box_text_var are coordinated such that there is one and only one value of box_text_var per unique value of x.) > >Is this possible to do & if so how? > >Many thanks! > >-Roy > >Roy Pardee >Research Analyst/Programmer >Group Health Center For Health Studies (Cancer Research Network) >(206) 287-2078 >Google Talk: rpardee ...

Call a Edit text from Edit text in another gui ?
PhatHienLSB.m function PushMo_Callback(hObject, eventdata, handles) % hObject handle to PushMo (see GCBO) % eventdata reserved - to be defined in a future version of MATLAB % handles structure with handles and user data (see GUIDATA) [filename, pathname] = uigetfile( ... { '*.bmp','BMP (*.bmp)'; ... '*.png','PNG(*.png)'; ... '*.jpg', 'JPG (*.jpg)'; ... '*.*', 'All Files (*.*)'}, ... 'Moi ban chon tep anh'); set(handles.Edit1,'String',[filename,pathname]); TachTin.m function TachThongDiep_OpeningFcn(hObject, eventdata, handles, varargin) % This function has no output args, see OutputFcn. % hObject handle to figure % eventdata reserved - to be defined in a future version of MATLAB % handles structure with handles and user data (see GUIDATA) % varargin command line arguments to TachThongDiep (see VARARGIN) % Choose default command line output for TachThongDiep handles.output = hObject; filename=get(handles.PhatHienLSB.Edit1,'String'); set(handles.Edit2,'String','filename'); % Update handles structure guidata(hObject, handles); ...

Show Text box on Top of another Text Box
Hi, I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are m= et it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top of= it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) an= d have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the condit= ional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. How do I do that? Thanks, Barry On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are= met it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top = of it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) = and have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the cond= itional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. > > How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Barry Why not overlay the textbox and set Visible =3D False. Then when true change to Visible =3D True. Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wright@witstoronto.ca> wrote in news:21224033.2400.1333297115162.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbbdy 9: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain > conditions are met it display either Green or Red. I want to put > another text box on top of it (this text box is smaller than the > "conditional formating" text box) and hav...

can u change the color background of a text box when it has been changed/edited by the user?
How/can you do this? kind regards marc rice libsfan01 wrote on 14 apr 2006 in comp.lang.javascript: > How/can you do this? [Please always repeat your question in the text and do not use sms shortenings on usenet] > "can u change the color background of a text box when it has been changed/edited by the user?" <style> input { background-color:expression(value!=defaultValue?"cyan":"");} </style> This is IE-only. ============================================= cross browser: <input value='start' onkeyup='this.style.backgroundColor= (value!=defaultValue)?"cyan":""'> -- Evertjan. The Netherlands. (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress) "libsfan01" <mcyi2mr3@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1145003879.232716.95590@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How/can you do this? <input onchange="this.style.backgroundColor=(this.value=='')?'yellow':'white';" /> ...

Controlling bold and italic within a text box control
A report requires a line containing author and title. The author is required in bold and the title in bold italic font. Only one space is required between the author and title, which are variable length when clipped. If two text boxes are used then the correct font setting can be assigned to each control but the spacing seems to be fixed. The "Can grow" "Can shrink" attributes only seem to work vertically not horizontally. If one text box is used with the two fields concatenated together, then no method has been found to assign the different font characteristics within a text box. Any help much appreciated. Have a look at Stephen Lebans RTF2 http://www.lebans.com/richtext.htm Very cleaver HTH Phil "VicB" <v.behar@openbusinesssolutions.com> wrote in message news:3f7f221.0409200000.5639986d@posting.google.com... >A report requires a line containing author and title. The author is > required in bold and the title in bold italic font. Only one space is > required between the author and title, which are variable length when > clipped. > > If two text boxes are used then the correct font setting can be > assigned to each control but the spacing seems to be fixed. The "Can > grow" "Can shrink" attributes only seem to work vertically not > horizontally. > > If one text box is used with the two fields concatenated together, > then no method has been found to assign the different font &g...

How to get selected text from a text edit control?
I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. I can get the current text by calling char buf[256]; Size textSize = 0; GetControlData(controlRef, kControlEditTextPart, kControlEditTextTextTag, 255, buf, &textSize); but how do I get only the text that is currently selected (highlighted)? thanks, Shai In article <1111086224.345185.78280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, shai@waves.com wrote: > I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. > I can get the current text by calling > > char buf[256]; > Size textSize = 0; ...

Update Combo Box from a Text Box Help
I am trying to make a combo box dependent on a text box. I cannot get the combo box to pull the related data from the text box. I have been all over this user group & have tried several versions of code to no avail. I would like to display all contact names (in the combo box) related to the customer number in the text box. Here's what I have: Table: TOrdAck Fields: OACustID, OAContact Table: TCust Fields: CustID, CompanyID, CompanyName Note: The OACustID and the CustID establishes the relationship between the two tables. Query: QCust Fields: TOrdAck. OACustID, TOrdAck.OAContact, TCust.CustID, TCust.CompanyID Form name: FOACust Record Source: QCust Textbox Name: CustID Control Source: OACustID Control Box Name: Combo78 Row Source Type: Table/Query Row Source: <empty> In the After Update event in my textbox CustID, I have the following code: ******************* Private Sub CustID_AfterUpdate() Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "Select " & Me!CustID strSQL = strSQL & " from TOrdAck" Me!Combo78.RowSourceType = "Table/Query" Me!Combo78.RowSource = strSQL Me!Combo78.Requery End Sub ******************** I would like to have the combo box display any OAContacts that match the CustID. All I get is a blank combo box even if there are multiple contact names that match the CustID. I have also tried the following code, but get the same result: ******************** Private Sub CustID_AfterUpdate() Me...

Web resources about - Re: How can labview update the string control (text-edit box) after we have pressed the carriage return key on the keyboard during text-editing within that box? - comp.lang.labview

Textforce - Text Editing for Dropbox for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Textforce - Text Editing for Dropbox on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

GitHub updates text editing for the modern era
Plotting to lure developers away from their much-loved but decades-old Emacs and Vi text editors, online code repository GitHub has officially ...

This is how Apple can improve text editing in iOS
Editing text on an iOS device can often be cumbersome. Currently, it requires you to tap twice to select text, drag small blue cursors to highlight ...

You Can Now Take Snapshots Of Your Documents In Rich-Text Editing App Textilus
... update or as a new $4.99 download. Textilus Word Processor for iPad - Free You Can Now Take Snapshots Of Your Documents In Rich-Text Editing ...

Tyype: Could iOS 6 Text Editing Work Like This?
Tyype, a new ultra-simple text-editing app for the iPad, could point the way to better text manipulation in iOS 6, due to be announced today ...

iOS hack shown to speed up text editing, selection
An interesting hack for jailbroken iPads and iPhones has surfaced that may show off a future improvement in iPad text editing. YouTube user Daniel ...

Apps that supercharge cross-platform text editing
... of apps that not only support both the iPhone and iPad, but also have an OS X version available. Here's how three devs behind WriteRoom, TextExpander ...

News: Notebooks app adds rich-text editing and more
... include support for formatting documents in iOS 5 with WYSIWYG editing, document styles, paragraph formats, embedded images and lists, text ...

Best text editing apps for iPad: Editorial, Byword, Writer Pro, and more!
The best plaintext, Markdown powered writing apps for getting reports, essays, and articles done! Looking for the best iPad apps for text editing? ...

SwipeSelection Pro Adds Custom Options to the Text Editing Tweak
... apps , SwipeSelection, gets a new Pro version today that's compatible with iOS 7 and has a ton of options to customize how the speedy text selection ...