Re: I would like to remotely control a LabVIEW application. Is it possible to create multiple different passwords for different users

Hi there,

I tried the Remote Panel Login examples which were attached by Zvezdana S. It works when main.vi running in Labview enviroment. But after I created a executable file of main.vi, it didn't work, the Web Server: Browser Access couldn't be changed from "remote panel loging.vi".  BTW, both main.exe and Remote Panel Login,vi run at the same PC.

I am confused by ports number, ini file.
How could I set port number when they are running at the same PC?
When I built the executable file, ini file was built in as a support file. should ini file be changed on fly when you change Tools->options setting at executable.

In Remote Panel Loging.vi, there is a application property node, do I have to reference it to localhost?

Thank you very much for the reply.

0
x9561 (148440)

is it possible to create user defined control in labview
in .net we can create user defined contol in which i can put more then one control and,, can use it as single control when needed,, but,, how this possible in labview,,   actually in my program i have a tab control and,, in that tab control there are 8 pages,, now there are 5 different kind option selection for each page lets say "a" "b" "c" "d" "e",,,,,.,. so,, when i select "a" configuration for tabpage 1 should show.. "a"(control collection)  on tabpage1....and,, same should b possible for all 8 pages............................. this can possible if its possible to create user defined contorl in labview     while in .net its very easy task i m confused here,..,.   i put these controls in another 5 different  VI,,,, and tried to call in subpanel but,, i dont find the solution,,,:smileysad:   tabcontrol.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/180301/1/tabcontrol.vi Try to attach your VI again so we can get a better idea on what you want. I am a bit confused by your description.   Anyway, of you want a control that contains other controls, just place all the controls in a cluster container.   If you have LabVIEW 8.0, you can create an Xcontrol, basically a custom control on steroids. It can contain any number of controls and indicators and all the logic to define the desired behavior...

Re: [tao-users] Is it possible to use two different versions of the ACE/TAO in the same application?
Hi, >> I'm developing an application (Intel Pentium 4 - Linux Red Hat 2.4.21-4.EL - >> g++ 3.2.3) that uses two different "third party" libraries. >> The first one was compiled and linked with ACE-TAO 5.4/1.4. The second one with >> ACE-TAO 5.4.8/1.4.8. The second library was compiled enabling >> ACE_HAS_VERSIONED_NAMESPACE and TAO_HAS_VERSIONED_NAMESPACE to avoid >> symbolic ambiguity. >> >> The following ld warnings appear when I compile my application: >> >> "/usr/bin/ld: warning: libTAO_IORTable.so.1.4.8, needed by ... may conflict >> with libTAO_IORTable.so.1.4.0 >> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libTAO_CosNaming.so.1.4.8, needed by ... may conflict >> with libTAO_CosNaming.so.1.4.0 >> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libTAO_Messaging.so.1.4.8, needed by ... may conflict >> with libTAO_Messaging.so.1.4.0 >> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libTAO_Valuetype.so.1.4.8, needed by ... may conflict >> with libTAO_Valuetype.so.1.4.0 >> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libTAO_CosNotification.so.1.4.8, needed by ... may >> conflict with libTAO_CosNotification.so.1.4.0 >> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libTAO_PortableServer.so.1.4.8, needed by ... may >> conflict with libTAO_PortableServer.so.1.4.0 >> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libTAO.so.1.4.8, needed by ... may conflict with >> libTAO.so.1.4.0 >> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libACE.so.5.4.8, needed by .....

Same user name - different user
From:Dave Comcast (dgattis@comcast.net) Subject:Same user name - different user - different domain Newsgroups:comp.mail.sendmail Date:2002-12-17 14:54:30 PST Same user name - different user - different domain. How is this done? Example: user "A" is jblow@domain1.com user "B" is jblow@domain2.com They have the same user names but use different domains. Whats the best way to handle this? Currently, an alias is all inclusive to any domain I handle. If I create an alias that jb = jblow, it covers all domains. How do you separate them? Help! Thanks, Dave http://riderparts.com Find Motorcycle Parts Fast! -------- ANSWER IE You have domains d1.com and d2.com, and you have the following virtusertable: joe@d2.com max 1. If you mail to joe@d2.com, max can read the mail. 2. If you mail to joe@d1.com: 2a) If a "joe" user exists on your system then mail is delivered to him (he can read it using his account) 2b) If a "joe" user doesnt exist on your system then mail will be rejected by the server. Note that in virtusertable the username must be different from the user part of the mail address (joe<>max). If you set them equal (ie joe@d2.com joe) then joe will receive mail sent to joe@anydomain.com (in this example joe@d1.com and joe@d2.com). Hope its clear! From:Per Hedeland (per@hedeland.org) Subject:Re: Same user name - different user - different domain. How? View this article only Newsgroups:comp.mail....

How can i use labview.tlb to control Labview from an external application?
Hi, I've been told by a labview engineer that i could use the file labview.tlb located in the labview install folder to control labview from an external application (in my case, a C# app). I'm using Labview 6.1 under Windows 2000. This article confirms that: "ActiveX and LabVIEW" http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/5401BE584FBAEECE862567C2006D36C7?opendocument But i've not been able to find out how to use this file to achieve what i want. I just want to be able to open/close labview, open/close a vi, start/stop a vi, hide/show a vi from a C# application. Th...

Re: [tao-users] Reactive/Concurrency: Difference between different ORBReactorType
Hi Abhi, > DESCRIPTION: > What is the difference between the following ReactorTypes: > > - select_st (Guess it is a select based reactor in a single thread) Right - you generally don't want to use this unless you know you'll only ever have a single thread. > - select_mt (Is it a Worker thread pool architecture, where a I/O > thread selects on the ORB endpoints (& also the connection endpoints), > reads new client requests, and queues them into the tail of a > request queue. A worker thread in the pool then dequeues the next > request from the head of the queue. How many threads are > configured in the worker threadpool. Is this done by a config > value or in application code? ) "No" to all of the above. The select_mt is simply a reactor that can be used safely in a multi-threaded configuration, e.g., thread-per-connection. > - tp (Is it a leader_follower thread pool architecture? Actually, it just selects the ACE_TP_Reactor, which can be used to implement a Leader/Followers thread pool architecture. > How is the number of threads configured? ) You spawn the threads, so you control them. Please see the discussions in $TAO_ROOT/docs/configurations.html for more info on this. > I guess these values are used by both the client & the server? Sure, but they are mostly useful for applications that play the role of a server. > Basically how ...

Same user name - different user
Da:Dave Comcast (dgattis@comcast.net) Oggetto:Same user name - different user - different domain Newsgroups:comp.mail.sendmail Data:2002-12-17 14:54:30 PST Same user name - different user - different domain. How is this done? Example: user "A" is jblow@domain1.com user "B" is jblow@domain2.com They have the same user names but use different domains. Whats the best way to handle this? Currently, an alias is all inclusive to any domain I handle. If I create an alias that jb = jblow, it covers all domains. How do you separate them? Help! Thanks, Dave http://riderparts.com Find Motorcycle Parts Fast! -------- ANSWER IE You have domains d1.com and d2.com, and you have the following virtusertable: joe@d2.com max 1. If you mail to joe@d2.com, max can read the mail. 2. If you mail to joe@d1.com: 2a) If a "joe" user exists on your system then mail is delivered to him (he can read it using his account) 2b) If a "joe" user doesnt exist on your system then mail will be rejected by the server. Note that in virtusertable the username must be different from the user part of the mail address (joe<>max). If you set them equal (ie joe@d2.com joe) then joe will receive mail sent to joe@anydomain.com (in this example joe@d1.com and joe@d2.com). Hope its clear! tfi -=- This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services. In article <Q9BNCUCX37915.2597685185@anonymous> Anonymous <Bigappl...

different permission for different users for password using tables and forms
hi guys, i have a project on my hand and what i'm told to do is to create a log-in feature using tables and forms. Da question is that is there any way to allow different users different access to enter into the forms or even to prevent some users from entering data in certain tables? I know they have a ms-access security feature but was told i had to do the old way which is drivin me nuts.. Can anyone help me? Realli do appreciate ur help! Thanxs lotsa! Regards what is "the old way"? I would try to convince your boss to let you do it the right way, which is with Access' User Level Security. Once you get it set up correctly (which is not a simple task - it will take you some studying to get it right) then logging in and having different permissions for different users is easy to do. "doing it yourself" might be just as much work, but wont be nearly as secure. For info on Access' security, check out: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fsupport%2Faccess%2Fcontent%2Fsecfaq.asp -John "Nerrad" <Yeo.darren@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1136181945.795875.166370@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > hi guys, i have a project on my hand and what i'm told to do is to > create a log-in feature using tables and forms. > > Da question is that is there any way to allow different users different > access to enter into the forms or even to prevent some users from > entering data in certain tabl...

Re: [tao-users] Reactive/Concurrency: Difference between different ORBReactorType #2
Hi Abhi, > Does this mean, that select_st should only be used with (ORBConcurrency) > reactive, and never with thread-per-connection. No, it just means that you need to be REALLY careful when you use select_st with anything other than reactive ORB concurrency... > If this is true, then the svc.conf file does not make sense under > $TAO_ROOT/performance-tests/Cubit/TAO/IDL_Cubit This test is trying to see how fast TAO will run when most of the "safety" options are turned off. It therefore does a number of things that are probably not a good idea unless you know a lot about how your server application behaves wrt concurrency. In particular, the IDL_Cubit operation is completely stateless and idempotent, which is not necessarily representative of a "normal" server. Take care, Doug ...

Create single application run on different devices communication with different interface
Hi, I want to create single common application run on different platform like PALM, PPC, Symbian without knowing Arcitecture of Smart PDA or PDA or Smart Mobile devices. This application should communicate with differnt interface of devices like Bluetooth, IR, USB, wireless USB, POP Port etc. I know that i can use J2ME MIDP 2.0. 1. If I create application using J2ME MIDP 2.0, Will it work on MIDP 1.0 supported devices? 2. Is there require to create differnt application for PALM OS as i read in one J2ME Site? 3. When i create application for MIDP 1.0 supported device, Will it run in another MI...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #4
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #2
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #3
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

How to run X applications using different user ids on two different machines
Hello newsgroup participants, I am in the following situation: I have two accounts (let us call them a1 and a2) on two different machines (let us call them m1 and m2). I want to do following: I would like to start application on machine m1 under account a1 and got it displayed back on machine m2 (so far account does not matter). I cannot set any additional user acount on machine m2 because I do not have root privilegies, so it means also I cannot set any user account a1 on machine m2. Magic cookie authorization, as I understand it, would not work under these circumstances in its mos...

Different Versions for Different Users, Fast User Switch
Problem: I want to run Eudora 6 for a test account while I keep using Eudora 5.2 for my main account. Possible solution: Different Versions for Different Users... - Install the new Eudora 6, create a new "test" user - Main user launches Eudora 5.2 by double clicking the application - Fast User Switch to "test" user - Test user launches Eudora 6 by double clicking that application. Different mail account, different settings, whole different Eudora Folder. - Switch back and forth with Fast User Switching. Will this work? Or will a second instance of the Eud...

Re: difference-in-difference analysis
It strikes me that you might be able to write this as an analysis of = covariance, where Y is your second time period measure, and one of your = X variables is your first time period measure, such as: proc glm data=3Dset1; class intervention; model time2_result=3D intervention time1_result = intervention*time1_result; run; In this case all you'd have one line per subject. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: Anna D'Souza=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:12 PM Subject: difference-in-difference analysis Hello, I have baseline and follow-up values for my intervention and control = group. I want to conduct a difference-in-difference analysis. Y is = continuous. i.e. Y =3D b0 + b1*Time + b2*Intervention + b3*(Intervention*Time) +b4Xn where Time is an indicator if the value is obtained at follow-up (1, = 0) Intervention is an indicator for being in the intervention group (1,0) Intervention*TIme is the interaction Xn: vector of all my other covariates. I understand the theory pretty well, but have not been able to find = the SAS code to conduct this analysis. Pl. advise on 2 things: 1. How to arrange the data i.e. one line person or one line per person = per time period? 2. The code of course. Do you use PROC GENMOD or just PROC REG? I just heard about the LISTSERV, and the resources available, so I'm = new to this forum. Thanks in advance for taking the time -- MG ...

Re: LabVIEW and LabVIEW RT?
Hello Iman, I will try to illustrate it with an example since it all will depend on the type of application you would like to implement. Let's say you would like to implement an application where you log data, maybe exchange data with databases and you acquire a bunch of data points at a time not performing any type of control and where high determinism is&nbsp;not needed. In this case LabVIEW for Windows work great. If you on the other hand would like to implement a closed-loop application where you need high determinism and reliability and will acquire data point by point you would use LabVIEW RT which is an add-on to LabVIEW. I.e. you need LabVIEW + LabVIEW RT when developing an RT application. ...

different personalities
Hello c.m.e.m-s, i'm using version 6.0.1.1 in the sponsored mode. I have several personalities (not schizophrenic, i mean different e-Mail accounts ;-)), all with different passwords. Is there a possibility to feed Eudora with them? With tools/options/checking mail/save password Eudora just seems to save the DOMINANT-password. Thank you very much for any help. Heiko In article <r4ql0015nnkohl7balvp4mj4a3t3ba9r9l@4ax.com>, hfriedri@web.de says... > Hello c.m.e.m-s, > > i'm using version 6.0.1.1 in the sponsored mode. > > I have several personalities (not schizophrenic, i mean different > e-Mail accounts ;-)), all with different passwords. > > Is there a possibility to feed Eudora with them? > With tools/options/checking mail/save password Eudora just seems to > save the DOMINANT-password. > > Thank you very much for any help. > > Heiko > I have multiple accounts also and am having no problem with it remembering the passwords. It should ask you for each password the first time and remember them there after. There is the ability to look at the setup for each persona by going into persona and right clicking on a persona and selecting properties. Heiko Friedrich <hfriedri@web.de> wrote: > Is there a possibility to feed Eudora with them? Yes. > With tools/options/checking mail/save password Eudora just seems to > save the DOMINANT-password. That...

different users have different conduits
My home computer has Windows XP. My wife and I each have a log-in and we each use a Tungsten E. When we log in under her windows screen, there are nore hotsync conduits than when we log in under my windows screen. This is true whether we're loooking at her device or mine. Other than reinstalling, any way to get my windows login to show the same options we get under hers? - Henry ...

Re: How to setup networking in labview for 2 different computers
actually im facing the same problem, i cant run a server and client VIs using shared variable on different computers. so can u tell me plz what to do and what is the steps to handle it? Hi Karunya R, &nbsp; yes, the server and the client VIs are working well on the same computer and the shared variable too but when when i use another computer it's not working. &nbsp; so can u tell me please what the are steps that i should do or any document or example can help me? &nbsp; thanx for your cooperation &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

Re: Embedd a Labview Remote Panel in a .NET application
Hi, are there any new ideas about this topic? I have the same problem as described above - I want to embed a labview panel into a cvi application. What I found out is that you can embed the activeX control that is used within IE but the "LVFPPVINAME" in the "OBJECT/EMBED" tag is not set then. Any ideas how I could set this tag? Thanks, Steffen ...

Re: Possible bug in Labview Tree Control Example
Hi Bob, This was reported to R&amp;D (# 4FPH02TM) for further investigation. I also found&nbsp;it to be a strange way to write that example. Thank you for your feedback as we appreciate it in helping make our products better. ...

Run Labview as different windows user (for database connectivity)
I have to connect to a corporate remote MSSQL-Database on the network, using the database connectivity toolkit for LabVIEW.The db-authentification is realized checking the windows user (ads) who acceses the datebase (not a database user / password which is standard in the database vis)Therefore I have to run LabVIEW as the defined windows user, different than the logged in user on the pc.Is that possible to realize with LabVIEW?Other Windows-tools allow to define the windows user/password which "run" an application - how can I do that with LabVIEW? Hi Zav.&nbsp; There is a windows command 'runas' which _may_ let you do what you want; I haven't tried what you need to do, but is has worked for other tasks for us.&nbsp; Try 'runas /?' for the switches.You will have to build your LV program into an executable, then use runas to launch it.&nbsp; Is therea reason you can't just login to Windows as the required user?If you can get your db admin to allow dbuser/password authentication that would be a much betterway to go.Matt Thanks for the hint - I every day can learn new things. For me it seems to works withrunas /netonly&nbsp; ...even I start the LV developement enviroment. runas /netonly&nbsp; ...even I start the LV developement enviroment.Thank you, Zav, now I get to learn something too!Matt ...

How to easily control multiple controls in labview
How can I easily control multiple controls with a single write to in Labview? For instance, I need to update 50 different boolean indicators. When I update them one at a time I use a cntrl refrence in my event structure, but outside of an event structure how can I easily cycle through them and update without making 50 local variables if I need to do them all at once? Why don't you use an array of boolean indicators? Have a look at the example attached <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;view=by_date_ascending&amp;message.id=204328#M204328" target="_blank">here</a>, which can also be applied to this. You should usually avoid updating the value of a control from more than one place, though (unless it's something like initialization, where you can guarantee not having race conditions). Other alternatives: using an array of booleans or using the picture control to create the image. The way i use these booleans in my UI, I had to make them separate so I could arrange them in a user friendly way. And yes this is just for initialization so they won't be getting updated in two places at once. ...

Re: is it possible to test pic microcontroller using serial port and labview, if so any labview codes around for this??
can u plz show us the diagrams for this exampls in this pdf files i need it so much &nbsp; thx for helping ...

Web resources about - Re: I would like to remotely control a LabVIEW application. Is it possible to create multiple different passwords for different users - comp.lang.labview

Webscale offers a fast track to delivering web applications
Running an application or server in the cloud has many advantages, but it doesn't guarantee scalability. It can be hard to predict demand, leading ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 33% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 3.3 percent from one week ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.3%
After weeks of volatile interest rates, markets settled slightly last week, but that didn't help the mortgage business.

Cisco Throws Down $150 Million Challenge To Application Developers
Cisco Throws Down $150 Million Challenge To Application Developers CRN Cisco is driving its application development community to build custom ...

Plimsoll Buys Stake In Magnify Media; BAFTA Scholarship Applications Open – Global Briefs
UK and U.S.-based factual entertainment and wildlife producer Plimsoll Productions has acquired a minority stake in specialist distributor Magnify ...

TSMC, MediaTek to co-develop products for IoT and wearable applications
... their commitment to a long-term partnership to continue developing innovative products for Internet of Things (IoT) and wearable device applications ...

App Annie Acquires Application Analyst AppScotch
With San Francisco-headquartered AppScotch, this marks App Annie's third acquisition in two years following the acquisition of Distimo and Mobidia. ...

Colorado Global EIR Program – Applications Open for 2016
Applications are open for the second group of Colorado Global Entrepreneurs in Residence. If you are interested in applying send a resume and ...