Re: LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7

Hiii, Keelin

     I am sorry that i am replyin on this thread
after so much time, but i want to know that, we are using LabVIEW 7.1
at this point of time and we have just started to work on LabIVEW 7.1
and MATLAB 7.0 communication,  we have purchase the LabVIEW 7.1 in
March 2005, so before that was this bug fixed or it is still there?

Thanks,
Nishant
0
x9561 (148439)

Re: LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7 #3
LabVIEW 7.1.1 was released around December of 2004, however, if you purchased a new seat of LabVIEW in March 2005, you still would have only received LabVIEW 7.1.  The 7.1.1 maintenance release was distributed only as a downloadable update to LabVIEW 7.1, not as a full product installer. You can verify which version of LabVIEW you have by selecting "About LabVIEW..." from the Help menu in LabVIEW.  Near the lower-right corner of the window that comes up it should show you the version number, i.e. 7.1 or 7.1.1.Message Edited by Jeff B on 04-20-2006 11:30 AM Aria2        Actually we are facing the same problem initially after installing the LV8, but the problem is that the script you have written in the LV and MATLAB are not matching there will be a mess of variables, which you have written, and it says that it couldnt take the data into your script of LV from the original script or either it could not connect to the MATLAB, it is a necessary that while you are running a MATLAB script in the LV, your MATLAB script must remain open. Thanks, Nishant ...

Re: LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7 #2
And I'm sorry that the link I posted 1.5 years ago didn't survive the discussion forum migration. &nbsp; But I will say that the 7.1.1 maintenance release included all fixes for LabVIEW 7.1, including some with the MATLAB script node.&nbsp; This is a free download avaliable here: &nbsp; <a href="http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/369618104E25B08E86256F54006A4E2F?Opendocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/369618104E25B08E86256F54006A4E2F?Opendocument</a> &nbsp; The KB entry Kileen linked above has more information about this, including a link to 7.1.1, but all you should really need is to install 7.1.1. ...

Is LabVIEW 7.1 Aug2005 identical to LabView 7.1 May2005?
I am attempting to have a coworker at a remote site set up their PC with the exact same software as one that I have here.&nbsp; I used the August 2005 CDs from Developer Suite.&nbsp; My coworker tells me that he has the TestStand 3.1, and the Device Driver CDs from the Aug2005 Dev Suite shipment, but he can only find LabView 7.1 from the May2005 delivery. &nbsp; I would like to safely&nbsp;assume that LabView 7.1 is LabView 7.1, regardless of whether it was shipped in May or August, but it is really important to me to make absolutely sure that we end up with the same software versions.&nbsp; So I was hoping somebody could confirm that the May and August CDs (Dev Suite, 2005) contain the exact same LabView software version. &nbsp; I noticed that there were 3 LabView 7.x version selections for submitting this issue;&nbsp; 7.0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 7.1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; and&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 7.1.1 &nbsp; I set up my PC using Aug2005 CDs and my LabView splash screen shows "7.1".&nbsp; Can I assume that if I had version 7.1.1 that I would see "7.1.1" on the splash screen?&nbsp; (Many pieces of software do not show the 2nd decimal point or anything past it on their splash screen.&nbsp; The Help | About selection for LabView just ends up showing the splash screen again.) &nbsp; My Aug2005 CD shows "7.1" printed on it.&nbsp; Can I assume that my LabView CD would have &quo...

LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7
LabView 7.1 hangs when I try to send variable to MATLAB 7 workspace using standart LabView to MATLAB script. Nothing appears in MATLAB 7 workspace. When I tried to run the MATLAB Script-Fractal.vi (MATLAB script node has only outputs) from examples directory - everything work fine. When I run the MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi from examples - error message appears:"Error 1047 occurred at LabVIEW: LabVIEW failed to send variable to the script server. Server:"Inappropriate input array size" in MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi". Using LabView 7.1 with previous version of MATLAB (6.5) I have no problem running examples and my own LabView programs. Could someone suggest me how to fix described problem? Regards to All. Sergey Yakovlev wrote on 05 Aug 2004 16:48:26 MET: > LabView 7.1 hangs when I try to send variable to MATLAB 7 > workspace using standart LabView to MATLAB script. [...] > "Error 1047 occurred at LabVIEW: LabVIEW failed to send > variable to the script server. Server:"Inappropriate input > array size" in MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi". I'm having the same difficulties. The only mentioning of this I found so far was this thread: Message-ID: <50650000000500000096700100-1079395200000@exchange.ni.com> referring to this page: <URL:http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/4475BC3CEB062C9586256D750058F14B?OpenDocument> This didn't work for me though. I couldn't get the code w...

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

Labview 7.1 and Matlab 7.4
We had a vi working with Labview 7.1 : Unfortunately University upgraded the common version of Matlab to 7.4(R2007a) from 7.2 - and - the vi stopped working - no error messages while running the vi. 1. does Labview 7.1 support Matlab 7.4.0 2. Is there any patch DLL etc to resolve the problem? &nbsp; Thanks for your help. &nbsp; Mankind Ian, Some More news. I had more interaction with our computer centre and they have sent me an OSD file, which while opening with notepad looks something like Javascript. When running that script, I got my Labview to communicate with the Matlab server - as he explains - it launches the local copy of Labview within the SoftGrid environment and that would allow it to interact with Matlab. I can send the OSD file to you. The only problem is while in the middle of the analysis, it crashes sometimes because it forces Matlab to open too. I am in touch with computer centre to resolve the problem. Cheers, &nbsp; Mankind ...

Problem in creating the simulation dll using SIT 2.0.3,matlab 7.1,labview 7.1
I am currently using SIT 2.0.3 ,using this toolkit i am trying to create the simulation DLL for labview.but i am getting the following error in matlab command window Error: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 7Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 25The == and != operators can only be used to compare values of the same typeError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 260 Column: 26Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 260 Column: 44The == and != operators can only be used to compare values of the same type &nbsp; Is this a version problem? I am using Simulation interface toolkit 2.0.3 Matlab 7.1.0.246(R14) Service pack Real time workshop V.6.3 Labview 7.1 Microsoft visual C++ 6.0 &nbsp; Can anybody help me to solve this issue. &nbsp; Hi, Unfortunately, it looks like the versions you are using are indeed not compatible. Here is an excerpt from the <a href="http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/labview/labview_toolkits/simulation_interface/2.0.3/sit_2_0_3_readme.html" target="_blank">Read Me file</a> for Simulation Interface Toolkit 2.0.3: To use the Simulation Interface Toolkit 2.0.3, you must be a properly licensed user of and have the following software installed on the host computer. - The MathWorks MATLAB ver...

open file that created on LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES with LabVIEW 7.1 version
hi all, why i can't open file that open/modified LabVIEW 7.0 EXPREES&nbsp;, in version&nbsp;&nbsp;LabVIEW 7.1 ? &nbsp; thank's all&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :) yes the file is *.vi&nbsp;.&nbsp;&nbsp;tha file contain blok diagram. the that i get is :ERROR.jpg (i even can't open file in this porum: <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=206190&amp;query.id=195707#M206190</a> thank's ERROR.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/209957/1/ERROR.jpg Dennis,&nbsp; please tell me how i can to save file on LabVieo 7.1&nbsp; that will open on LabVIEW 7 express ? which action i need to do ? ...

LabVIEW RTE 7 does not work on Linux with Mozilla (1.7) or Netscape (7.2)
LabVIEW RTE 7 does not work on Linux (Mandrake 10.1 or Knoppix 3.7) with Mozilla (1.7) or Netscape (7.2). We tried everything described in <http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RNAME=ViewQuestion&HOID=506500000008000000EFBC0000&ECategory=LabVIEW.LabVIEW+General> copying plugins, but always the gray window on Mandrake or error setting up plugin on Knoppix. We are trying to drive remote applications on your web site with Linux (if possible) to decide about purchasing LabVIEW for Linux. Is there a demo version for Linux we could try? Apparently, LabVIEW fo...

Re: labview 7.1.1 slow startup
I got almost the same problem with the startup time in Labview7.1. &nbsp; I was able to fix it, with removing all the project I have in the Directory "Project" of my labview7.1. &nbsp; I put them in My document. &nbsp; Now The startup time of labview is fast. &nbsp; Hope it will help you. &nbsp; Pascal ...

Can I run a LabVIEW 7.1 Application on a system with LabVIEW 6.1?
The VI App did not run properly, even after I installed the LabVIEW 7.1 Run time engine. Perhpas I need to uninstall the LV 6.1 run time engine? Thank you for any suggestions; perhaps it's something minor that I'm overlooking! Are you talking about a 7.1 exe or VI? An executable will run with 6.1 installed and the 7.1 run-time. A 7.1 VI will only run with 7.1 development system. When you say it did not run properly, what exactly do you mean? I am referring to trying to run a 7.1 EXE application on a system with a resident 6.1 development environment, and the 7.1 run-time engine ins...

convert Labview 7.1 to 7.0 for me
COuld someone please convert this VI to Labview 7.0 for me? &nbsp; Open the VI Click File &gt; Save with Options CLick radio button 'Save for Previous' Select 7.0 from drop down list... Be my hero!!! &nbsp; &nbsp; AlicatRead.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/144047/1/AlicatRead.zip Here you go. It doesn't convert stuff in the vi.lib &nbsp; P.M. AlicatRead 7_0.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/144049/1/AlicatRead 7_0.zip Hello, I need somebody to convert this file from 7.1 to 7.0 for me, I could not find where to download a 7.0 evalu...

Compatibility of Labview 7.1 with 7.0
I just installed LV7.1 on a new machine and I'm developing source code for a customer with LV7.0. When I tried to save the vi in LV7.0, I got several messages that said certain components could not be saved in 7.0. But a vi WAS saved along with a directory containing some support files. I have two questions: (1) Will these files work on 7.0 (I'm assuming no) and (2) is there any problem with installing 7.0 after installing 7.1 (separate coexisting systems). You should be able to install LabVIEW 7.0 after LabVIEW 7.1. I typically have at least the three last version installed concurrently. Do you have more details on the error messages? Many times you can ignore them, e.g. it won't convert any system VIs from vi.lib because it will use the ones from the 7.0 installation. Of course if you use a new 7.1 feature that is not available in 7.0, it will still convert, but you might get a broken VI with the incompatible elements missing. Simply open the broken VI in 7.0 and program around the problem areas. ...

Labview update from 7.0 to 7.1
I have Labview Express version 7.0 for students. I am trying to use a VI that was created by another person who was on a project that I am currently working on. However he used Labview 7.1 to save it and I cannot open his program on my computer (I have 7.0). I looked in the drivers and updates section on the website, but could not find any update that will ptach my version from 7.0 to 7.1. Please help. Thank you!! ...

Co-existing Labview 7.0 and 7.1
I have Labview 7.0 running on a Windows 98 OS. There are VIs written in this environment that I do not want to lose. Can I install Labview 7.1 while keeping the Labivew 7.0 as is? Later, if my existing programs still work OK (i.e. if I do not detect any forward compatibility issues), then I might uninstall 7.0. Thanks in advance. Absolutely. &nbsp; You can have many co-existing versions happily residing on the same PC. &nbsp; I forgot to mention one thing.&nbsp; You simply have to be careful not to open a VI created by an older version with a newer version of LV because it will save it in the newer version.&nbsp; Unless yo do want to bring up the version of the vi. In other words, if you have a VI created in LV 7.0 and you have multiple versions installed; then you wish to open the LV7.0 vi but keep it as a LV7.0 vi; right click and use Open With and select LV7.0.&nbsp; You can open it with any newer version as long as you do not save it because it will save it to that newer version.&nbsp; However, opening it with LV7.0 and saving it will preserve it to LV7.0. Other suggestion:&nbsp; keep a backup copy of your work ;) RayR Heed Ray's warning.&nbsp; When you go to open a VI in LV7.1, it WILL NOT warn you that the VI was created in 7.0.&nbsp; It is easy to forget which version you wanted to maintain an application in if you have a need to maintain&nbsp; them in the original versions. 7.1 will not run on Windows 98. Good catch ts...

labview 7.1 to Labview 8.0 upgrade
Greetings all, &nbsp; My company has recently aquired labview 8.0 licences&nbsp;and is intending to use it as its development platform instead of labview 7.1. the problem is that all of our customers are&nbsp;currently running executables generated in a labview 7.1 environment and&nbsp;any updated versions of our software that&nbsp;we will send them in the future will most likely be developed&nbsp;in labview 8.0.&nbsp;The question&nbsp;is , other than sending them the executables generated by LV8&nbsp;along with LV8 RTE are there any problems. did any one&nbsp;see a problem with&nbsp;a conversion like this. i have done alot of reasearch about this and have been testing the converted code from 7.1 to 8 and the executalbes generated by 8.0 and i havent seen any major problems. any feedback on a related probelm would be greatly appreciated. &nbsp; I am using Serial communications LPT ports udp communications PCI I/O boards talking to remote and local data bases (Micorsoft and Oracle) all on a Windows Xp&nbsp;pro operating system&nbsp; ...

Controlling VI Logger 1.1.1 with LabVIEW 7.1
I have LabVIEW 7.1 on my system and installed VI Logger (1.1 them upgraded to 1.1.1). I would like to programatically control VI Logger with LabVIEW. There are references to VIs under the Advanced pallate to do just that, but I cannot find them or any help files to explain what to do. Where do I find these VIs? ...

How can you simple install the LabVIEW Toolboxes with LabVIEW 7.1
Hello, yesterday was a nice day, I have receved the NI Developer Suite Professional Control Edition with the new LabVIEW 7.1, RT 7.1, DSC 7.1 etc. I still use Labview 7.0 (Developer Suite Professional Control Edition) Unfortunately I can't install the Toolboxes from the toolbox cd into the right directory! Always when I try to install a toolbox, it will be installed into the LabVIEW 7.0 directory. It is not possible to change the directory (exeption: SPC-Toolbox) Even if you change the name of your LabVIEW 7.0 Directory, the toolbox produce a new folder LabVIEW 7.0 and is getting instaled ...

Trying to use Labview Test Executive with Labview 7.1
I have an old application I wrote in Labview 5.1 using the Test Executive version 5.1.&nbsp; I now need to modify the program slightly for a new product. So far I have done the following: 1. Installed the Test Executive in the Labview 7.1 directory 2. Mass compiled the vi's in the LVEXEC51 folder &nbsp; During the mass compile, I see a number of errors when it tries to compile the vi's in the DATABASE folder. It can't seem to find vi's related to SQL (ie Easy SQL.vi). When I try to run the Test Executive directly from the Operator.llb, I see the following errors: &n...

Giving away: Unixware 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 media, SDK and updates
I'm cleaning-up and need to give away or throw-out all my unixware media: 7.1.0 - 7.1.3, the software development kit and updates. I've already sold-off the licenses so this is the media only! Please respond to ftarz@mindspring.com if you are interested. You pay the shipping of your choice. ...

Include Matlab DLL in LabVIEW 7.1
Hello LabVIEW experts, i want to include a matlab m-file created dll. This dll is build as c-mex s-function and also as stand alone application. In LabVIEW&nbsp;I used the call libary function&nbsp;with the following configurations:&nbsp; Function name: mexFunction calling conventions: C Parameter: all inports 8-byte Double and reentrant. I have connected all in- and outputs and afterwards I tried to run the programm. The programm doesn't run and following error message occurred. &nbsp; &nbsp; errror message.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/147690/1/errror...

LabView 7.1.1 + DAQMX
I want to know Wheter I can use task created using DAQMX using LabVIEW 7.1.1 can be inovked either by VB.net or VB6 if yes than how:) Secondly How can i used the traditional DAQ with VB.net or VB6, It would be&nbsp; helpful if any body can provide some info or weblink on this topic. Regards Nadeem <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=327317" target="_blank">duplicate post</a> ...

Labview 7.1.1 Errors
I am using the version 7.1.1 of LV and LV RT, i am programming a cFP-2020. &nbsp; &nbsp; Labview&nbsp;keeps crashing and losing the connection with the remote target (cFP), i am attaching a file containing all the error logs generated by LV, i never got this problem with earlier versions of LV i think this may be some kind of bug plase let me know how can i fix it. &nbsp; By the way my PC is a PIV @3 GHZ , 1 GB of RAM running WinXP SP2 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

Differences in CIN management between Labview 5.0 and Labview 7.1 ? #3
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using a VI on a two photon microscope. It steers the laser beam in the sample (quite the same way as a TV scan, scanning a fast line on the X axis, then moving the line down)&nbsp;controlling two mirrors by the&nbsp;PCI-MIO-16E-4 Multifunctions card&nbsp;on traditional DAQ and at the same time it serves as the acquitision through a non-NI DSP Multifunction-board with on-board buffers and hight data throughput (70 Mb/s). &nbsp; It is this part of the program which gives us strong headaches since we have upgraded to a new PC. On the old machine we used Win...

Web resources about - Re: LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7 - comp.lang.labview

LabVIEW - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LabVIEW (short for Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench) is a system-design platform and development environment for a visual ...

LabVIEW - Geekosystem
Don we now our gay apparel, and why shouldn’t that apparel be primarily composed of Christmas lights synchronized to flash with music ? Andy ...

National Instruments - LinkedIn
Welcome to the company profile of National Instruments on LinkedIn. It's not what we make. It's what we make possible. National Instruments is ...

Products / Home - g.tec - Guger Technologies
g.tec medical and electrical engineering produces biosignal amplifiers, data acquisition systems, real-time processing systems and EEG Processing ...

School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering - Computing Facilities
In particular, we have technical interests in common with the other Engineering Schools (Chemical, Civil & Environmental, Mechanical and Computer ...

Handy Arduino Uno R3 Pinout Diagram

Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli
Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli

Testing Engineering Supervisor
Testing Engineering Supervisor job. Read the Testing Engineering Supervisor job description and find other Division 10 Personnel jobs at Monster. ...

Knowledge and Content Management: A Foundation for Business Success
Knowledge management and enterprise content management are increasingly at the center of a successful business strategy.