Reading a spreadsheet file with the Read assistant - File Close Issue

I'm using the assistant to read a comma delimited spreadsheet file but it won't close the file when it is done, unless I close/stop the VI.  If I don't use the assistant the file closes fine.  I need to do this in order to open the file (not as read-only)  for other programs while the VI is running.

Thanks
0
x9561 (148438)

Sorry, I am unclear what you mean by "assitant". Are you talking about the express VI?
In any case, reading a comma delimited file is pretty simple, just use the plain file I/O finctions and set the access options as desired.
0
x9561 (148438)
1/19/2007 5:40:12 PM
Thanks for the reply.  Yes, the assistant.  I'm just learning so I'm not sure how to easily use the read from spreadsheet file to create a waveform (first column is time, no headers).  The options with the assistant were perect for this.  Can I change this to the file read command without too much work?
Thanks
0
x9561 (148438)
1/19/2007 6:10:08 PM
Sorry, meant yes the Express VI.

Thanks
0
x9561 (148438)
1/19/2007 6:10:10 PM
Here is an .XLS file with 16 channels and one time column (first column is time).

Thanks

Test1.xls:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/225057/1/Test1.xls
0