Retrieve data from a text file, incrementing the last value and save new value below

Hi

This was working initially. It is part of my LabView Project. I was trying to create a unique number that increments every time the adds the value to the list. It works on computer perfectly. But when I put this on a PDA, it seems to create a blank space when reading the contents of the text file after the last value, which means 0 + 1, which is not what I want.
Please run the testUniqueNoOnPDA.vi first and change the path to C:\uniqueNumber.txt and save the uniqueNumber.txt file to your C drive and see What I am trying to do. Click the Enter button to increment.
Why does the PDA create a blank space after the last value and a computer does not?

I was working perfectly all week and it is not working well now.
Help please, I think I'm missing something

uniqueNumber.txt:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/249234/1/uniqueNumber.txt

testUniqueNoOnPDA.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/249234/2/testUniqueNoOnPDA.vi

testUniqueNoOnPDA.lvproj:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/249234/3/testUniqueNoOnPDA.lvproj
0
x9561 (148438)

read a value written in the first tab of the last line of a text file where values are separated by "\t"?
How do I read a value written in the first tab of the last line of a text file where values are separated by "\t"? *** aa wrote/escribi� (Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:40:20 -0000): > How do I read a value written in the first tab of the last line of a text > file where values are separated by "\t"? You'll find this function useful: Usage: array explode ( string separator, string string [, int limit] ) Purpose: Split a string by string Availability: PHP 3, PHP 4 -- -- �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain -- Thank you for not e-mailing me your questions -- Thanks....

Labview image data from Apogee ALTA using icamera2, how to handle the pointer value (pointer to the image array). Labview does not understand pointer VALUES. Does anyone have a work around??
I have a new Apogee Alta internet camera which uses the icamera2 methods. Apogee in their infinite wisdom wants VALUE of the pointer to the image array passed in GetImage. Labview does not understand pointer VALUES!  Is there a solution other tahn writing an additional DDL to obtain the VALUE of the pointer to the array??  I am a marginal C programmer an have never written a DLL.  Would that be hard??? Would it work??? Tahnks ...

Value if _page_ value into another value??
I am trying to get my Mtitle and Footer with in the dataset Instead of getting them as title and Footnotes the reason My boss requested (there is Other reason ) For that I am doing something like this My Problem is trying to get Titles in the Dataset, When I trying something like this The second title is Over writing the First one. But I need my Report some thing like this . Is there is something similar to *compute before _page_ or can I have value of _page_ into some other value.* MYPHARMA Page 1 of 3 . PEN 20007 Table 14.1.4 Demographic Characteristics Modified Intent-To-Treat Subjects /* CREATE REPORT */ ods rtf file = "&dir1.T14_1_2_MXXX_1303.RTF" style=autoexec; title "" ; Footnote"" ; proc report data= &Program. nowd missing split='?' style(header)=[protectspecialchars=off]; columns ("&border" (page _userFoot _PageNo _lastLine Sec Row Col0 Col2_1 Col2_1 Col2_2 Col2_3 Col2_4 )); define _userFoot / order Noprint ; define _PageNo / order Noprint ; define _lastLine / order Noprint ; define page/ order order=internal noprint; define Sec/ order noprint; define Row/ order noprint; define Col0 / display "Variable" style=[cellwidth=2.1in] style(header)=[just=left]; define Col2_1 /display "Placebo?(N=%cmpres(&all_plac.))&quo...

create new folders according to the value of the 23th byte in data file?
Hi, I want to classify many data files to some new folders according to the value of the 23th byte in a data file.the value is between 01 to 08,which the new folder name will be.How can I create new folders and how I operate the data files in labview6.0? If I'm not missing something, your diagram will try and create a folder whose name is a single character, equal to the value of the 23rd byte in the data file. Since 1 through 8 aren't printable ASCII characters, I guess this might not work, and I assume the poster actually wants the folders to be named "01", &qu...

arranging datas or saving the datas in text file
hi, once the for loop executed ,ill get 64bytes of data.Next time ill get next 64bytes of data.what i want is i need to arrange my data in text file(first 64byte,then next 64byte like that).can anyone help me?thanks for 1:1:1000 statement end please help me? In article <flv1mu$87v$1@fred.mathworks.com>, shopana <shopana.e@hcl.in> wrote: >hi, > once the for loop executed ,ill get 64bytes of data.Next >time ill get next 64bytes of data.what i want is i need to >arrange my data in text file(first 64byte,then next 64byte >like that).can anyone help me?thanks ...

Save text string and data into a text file
Hi, I've managed to create some s-parameter data in MatLab and would like to save it as an s2p file. I can save the numerical data fine, using this: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% [filename,pathname] = uiputfile('*.s2p','Save file'); if isequal(filename,0) || isequal(pathname,0) disp('User pressed cancel') return end data = [var.fplt' S11' S11phase' S12' S12phase' S21' S21phase' S22' S22phase']; save([pathname filename], data, '-ascii'); %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% However, in order to get the s2p file to work i...

how to compare value of two fileds and based on that insert value into third fileds
Hi, I have a database with table name as test in that i have 6 colums they are name varchar (20) address varchar (20) position varchar (20) nametype1 varchar (20) nametype2 varchar (20) nameval varchar(20) now in the nametype1 and nametype2 there are values like nametype1 nametype2 "AB" "BA" "BB" "BB" "AA" "AA" "BA" "AB" now depending upon the combination i want to assign value to the thrid field that is nameval li...

Time stamp of current time that would go into a build array with other values and then saved in a text file
My current program has a while loop outside and then a short sequence of events inside the while loop which will repeat until the stop button is pushed on the while loop.&nbsp; In the first sequence, there is a numeric control&nbsp;and exports the value to a build array and then&nbsp;procees&nbsp;to the next sequence.&nbsp; The next&nbsp;sequence communicates with a device and receives a value which is exported to the array.&nbsp; I would like to also get the time by a time stamp or whatnot and import that to the build array as well so that it may be able to be then saved in a text file.&nbsp;&nbsp;There is one value taken from each sequence and&nbsp;are put into a build&nbsp;array outside the sequence loop but within the while loop and then stored in a text file.&nbsp; I have had issues with the Time Stamp and the array in that the wire type of the array and time stamp were different and they didn't work together.&nbsp; Please let me know your ideas and let me know if you have any questions.&nbsp; I will be happy to email the program and if you would like further description of the program. Thanks, Steve Coward <a href="mailto:stephen.coward@ngc.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"> stephen.coward@ngc.com</a> 704-588-2340 x1685 EPM2000 Query Reading Ch A trial.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/275506/1/EPM2000 Query Reading Ch A trial.vi ...

Read values from file as input values
Hi I often come across the situation in which I want to specify the x,y-axes l= imits depending on the output-txt file that I get from simulations. More sp= ecifically: It would be very useful if there was a command that simply read= s values from a .txt or .dat file and these values could be stored in varia= bles specified in the gnuplot script (sth like dlmread in Matlab). I found a (not very elegant) way to do it anyway: plot the file, extract t= he limits of the axes via the GPVAL command and close the plot and replot w= ith the appropriate limits. However, I wonder if there is a more elegant wa= y (since here everything has to be plotted twice & a lot of windows open an= d close)? Thx in advance. riehen riehenringwg@gmail.com wrote: > Hi > I often come across the situation in which I want to specify the x,y-axes > limits depending on the output-txt file that I get from simulations. More > specifically: It would be very useful if there was a command that simply > reads values from a .txt or .dat file and these values could be stored in > variables specified in the gnuplot script (sth like dlmread in Matlab). > I found a (not very elegant) way to do it anyway: plot the file, extract > the limits of the axes via the GPVAL command and close the plot and replot > with the appropriate limits. However, I wonder if there is a more elegant > way (since here everything has to be plotted twice & a lot of windows open...

changing old values to new values
I just would like to re-explain the problem i am having as i had not received any posts, so i might of explained in poorly. The problem i am having is NOT parse error related, more or less a problem in my logic. Ok , well what is happening is i am getting my values in member.txt fields ok from reading it, but when i attempted to write those values back to the member.txt file with updated string values, my member.txt file is cleared of all values, and i think my array is been wiped. Here is the updated code: if(isset($_POST['Submit'])) { //Store profile in username.txt $fileName .= ...

Syntax for Comparing Current Case Value with Previous and Next Values in Order to find Max Value within Force Data
Hello, I'm currently analyzing force data from an experiment in which participants= had to press one of two buttons in response to certain stimuli. I'm trying to find the maximum values within each wave (the values increase= periodically, thus every trial, but not within set time intervals). In ord= er to do so I want to write a syntax for comparing the value of each case o= f the variable with the previous one and the next one and only writing the = current value to a new variable if the previous value is lower than the cur= rent one, and the current value is higher than the one after that. I tried using the IF command and also the LAG function. But to no avail, si= nce the LAG function only seems to work with whole numbers greater than zer= o. Is there maybe any function I could use or an easy way that I'm not aware o= f? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 04:19:48 -0800 (PST), perks_the_beholder@hotmail.de wrote: >Hello, > >I'm currently analyzing force data from an experiment in which participants had to press one of two buttons in response to certain stimuli. > >I'm trying to find the maximum values within each wave (the values increase periodically, thus every trial, but not within set time intervals). In order to do so I want to write a syntax for comparing the value of each case of the variable with the previous one and the next one and only writing the current valu...

Re: Value if _page_ value into another value??
On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 23:25:03 -0500, SAS_learner <proccontents@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >I am trying to get my Mtitle and Footer with in the dataset Instead of >getting them as title and Footnotes the reason My boss requested (there is >Other reason ) For that I am doing something like this > >My Problem is trying to get Titles in the Dataset, When I trying something >like this The second title is Over writing the First one. But I need my >Report some thing like this . Is there is something similar to *compute >before _page_ or can I have value of _page_ into some other value.* > >MYPHARMA >Page 1 of 3 . >PEN 20007 > > > Table 14.1.4 > Demographic >Characteristics > Modified Intent-To-Treat >Subjects > >/* CREATE REPORT */ >ods rtf file = "&dir1.T14_1_2_MXXX_1303.RTF" style=autoexec; >title "" ; >Footnote"" ; >proc report data= &Program. nowd missing split='?' >style(header)=[protectspecialchars=off]; > columns ("&border" (page _userFoot _PageNo _lastLine Sec Row Col0 Col2_1 >Col2_1 Col2_2 Col2_3 Col2_4 )); > define _userFoot / order Noprint ; > define _PageNo / order Noprint ; > define _lastLine / order Noprint ; > define page/ order order=internal noprint; > d...

How to set a field value to another filed value
I want to set the field BUDGET_AMOUNT to the value held by a second field AMOUNT_01 or AMOUNT_02, etc but I can't figure out how to do it using parameters. I tried the following: UPDATE MYBUDGET SET BUDGET_AMOUNT=:dBudget'; Leaving alone for the moment thew question of setting up the correct field name, suppose I want to copy the AMOUNT_01 value to the BUDGET_AMOUNT value.I tried setting the dBudget parameter with the following statement: ParamByName('dBudget').AsFloat := FieldByName('AMOUNT_01').AsFloat; I get an error message "..Query1: Field AMOU...

Checking old value with new value before setting.
Should one bother checking whether a current value differs from the new value before setting the value to the new value? public void setString(String string) { if (this.string != string) { this.string = string; } } I've seen such cases in Swing where firePropertyChange is involved so that it only when the value truly changes should firePropertyChange be called. I've also seen cases, also in Swing, where they do not do the checking and still call firePropertyChange. Since both are from Swing, I couldn't make up my mind on which way to abide by. If the pa...

How to get the value from a text filed ?
Hi all, I want to ask how can i get the value in a text field and save to database. My database is Oracle 9i and using Louts Domino 7. THx a lot Match That's kind of a vague question.... What language? @Formula, LS, Java ? You want to store a textfield from a NotesDocument to a Record in your oracle 9i db? matchsin@gmail.com schrieb: > Hi all, > I want to ask > how can i get the value in a text field and save to database. > My database is Oracle 9i and using Louts Domino 7. > > THx a lot > Match > Yes...... I am using loutsscri...

Reading Values from a text file.
Hi, I have a problem reading in values from a text file. Basically i have a webservice that gets queries from a database, and i wish to read the queries in from a text file. I know how to read a text file but what i really want to say is: open file; read first line of file; use this line as query; do query processing; then read next line of query; ...... ...... ..... etc what i would like to know is there a way of looping through the lines? Many thanks Andrew Hmm, well, I think you're asking for something else, so I'll throw in this solution so that you can say why it's not what you want (if that makes any sense): try { File file = new File("myFileSomewhere"); FileReader fileReader = new FileReader(file); BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(fileReader); String line = null; boolean stillParsing = true; while (stillParsing) { line = br.readLine(); if (line == null) { stillParsing = false; } else { processQuery(line); } } br.close(); fileReader.close(); } catch (Throwable t) { } ..ed -- www.EdmundKirwan.com - Home of The Fractal Class Composition Thats sort of what i want Except say i have a text file that has the following lines in it: dog cat mouse rat i want these to be separte queries. and want something like what you said but. each pass that the loop makes i want it to read the firstline then query database. Secondpass read the second line and query database ...

Re: Value if _page_ value into another value?? #3
Check out the ODS RTF TEXT=, which allow you to write stuff in the main body of the document. But text is still put into a cell like thing. you will see a border around the text, but it wil be invisible when you print it out. Not sure if it will solve your problem. HTH Yu On Dec 4, 2007 8:23 AM, SAS_learner <proccontents@gmail.com> wrote: > Tom, > > Thank you for the Reply, I know what you are saying defining Footnotes and > Titles Outside would send it RTF Part. > > But my Medical Writers are having a Problem while doing their changes to > delete the header and footer part when it is written Out by RTF , > > That is Reason I need Footnotes and titles inside the Dataset so that it > would be easy for them > > thanks > Kumar > > On Dec 4, 2007 5:11 AM, Tom Hide <tom.hide@dehiworld.com> wrote: > > > On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 23:25:03 -0500, SAS_learner <proccontents@GMAIL.COM> > > wrote: > > > > >I am trying to get my Mtitle and Footer with in the dataset Instead of > > >getting them as title and Footnotes the reason My boss requested (there > > is > > >Other reason ) For that I am doing something like this > > > > > >My Problem is trying to get Titles in the Dataset, When I trying > > something > > >like this The second title is Over writing the First one. But I need > my > > >Report some thing like this . Is there is ...

Saving Data to Text File
Hi, I have started learning to use matlab for a few month. It is a great software. I am trying to save write a program, in order to save data into a text file. I want the data to appear in a organised manner within the text file. I have no idea how to do that. Anyone please help... fid = fopen('DataLog.txt', 'w'); a = toc; tline = num2str(a); fwrite (fid, tline); (The data is save in one single row within the text file.) J Chia: <SNIP wants to save his/her data in a text file... a hint: <http://www.mathworks.com/support/tech-notes/1600/1602.shtml> this will give you plenty food for thoughts us ...

Creating Macro variable and value its value from a data set.

retrieve values from another file
I have a file, we'll call it "base.m", that contains many lines of code. I also have another file called "alter.m". Within "alter.m" I want to retrieve an array, called "array", from "base.m". I want to repeat this process, except instead of "base.m", I will use "alter.m"; and instead of "alter.m", I will have another file called "final.m". Basically, I want to send information(an array) from base.m to alter.m, then information(an array) from alter.m to final.m . Suggestions on how to approach this...

Re: Value if _page_ value into another value?? #2
Tom, Thank you for the Reply, I know what you are saying defining Footnotes and Titles Outside would send it RTF Part. But my Medical Writers are having a Problem while doing their changes to delete the header and footer part when it is written Out by RTF , That is Reason I need Footnotes and titles inside the Dataset so that it would be easy for them thanks Kumar On Dec 4, 2007 5:11 AM, Tom Hide <tom.hide@dehiworld.com> wrote: > On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 23:25:03 -0500, SAS_learner <proccontents@GMAIL.COM> > wrote: > > >I am trying to get my Mtitle and Footer with in the dataset Instead of > >getting them as title and Footnotes the reason My boss requested (there > is > >Other reason ) For that I am doing something like this > > > >My Problem is trying to get Titles in the Dataset, When I trying > something > >like this The second title is Over writing the First one. But I need my > >Report some thing like this . Is there is something similar to *compute > >before _page_ or can I have value of _page_ into some other value.* > > > >MYPHARMA > >Page 1 of 3 . > >PEN 20007 > > > > > > Table 14.1.4 > > Demographic > >Characteristics > > Modified Intent-To-Treat > >Subjects > > > >/*...

Histogramm: a single column file, each value is an x-value
Hi folks, I got a large file out of a monte carlo simulation with just one column in it. Some hundred thousend lines. Each line has a value between 0 and 50 in it (the unit is m/s). Each number has about 7 digits (including the dot). Now I'd like to create a histogramm where the X axis is from 0-50 m/s and the bins (in gnuplot's language I think it is "boxes") are, let's say, 0.2 m/s wide. So the y value (the height) of the box at 0.1 m/s is the sum of values in the range from 0 to 0.2, and so on. What do I have to know to solve this? What are the terms which bring good results using Google on them? I wasn't able to get results that helped me in my native language, the gnuplot documentation isn't available in german either (or I can't find it). And from now it seems that my mathematical english isn't worth a straw. In addition many tutorials are hopelessly "outdated" :( (in fact they just didn't add the new histogramm features?). Stefan P.S.: I see a lot of names that sound german in this group: Is there an german speaking group? Or is there no need for it, cause everybody who starts with gnuplot is able to read, and express his problems in, english? Stefan Kraus wrote: > Now I'd like to create a histogramm where the X axis is from 0-50 m/s > and the bins (in gnuplot's language I think it is "boxes") are, let's > say, 0.2 m/s wide. So the y value (t...

href values and value-of

Re: Value if _page_ value into another value?? #4
On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 08:30:48 -0600, Yu Zhang <zhangyu05@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Check out the ODS RTF TEXT=, which allow you to write stuff in the main body >of the document. But text is still put into a cell like thing. you will see >a border around the text, but it wil be invisible when you print it out. Not >sure if it will solve your problem. > >HTH > >Yu > >On Dec 4, 2007 8:23 AM, SAS_learner <proccontents@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Tom, >> >> Thank you for the Reply, I know what you are saying defining Footnotes and >> Titles Outside would send it RTF Part. >> >> But my Medical Writers are having a Problem while doing their changes to >> delete the header and footer part when it is written Out by RTF , >> >> That is Reason I need Footnotes and titles inside the Dataset so that it >> would be easy for them >> >> thanks >> Kumar >> >> On Dec 4, 2007 5:11 AM, Tom Hide <tom.hide@dehiworld.com> wrote: >> >> > On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 23:25:03 -0500, SAS_learner <proccontents@GMAIL.COM> >> > wrote: >> > >> > >I am trying to get my Mtitle and Footer with in the dataset Instead of >> > >getting them as title and Footnotes the reason My boss requested (there >> > is >> > >Other reason ) For that I am doing something like this >> > > >> > >My Proble...

Web resources about - Retrieve data from a text file, incrementing the last value and save new value below - comp.lang.labview

Bose–Einstein statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is the quantum concentration , for which the interparticle distance is equal to the thermal de Broglie wavelength , so that the wavefunctions ...

Bose–Einstein statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is the quantum concentration , for which the interparticle distance is equal to the thermal de Broglie wavelength , so that the wavefunctions ...

SEO Experiment: Google Image Search
Our previous SEO experiments hinted at a possibility of Google (purposely?) shuffling the results out of expected pattern. This time we investigate ...

Don't know what I want, but I know how to get it
... All these sentiments for me seem to spring from not knowing what "iteration" means, and is used for in Agile development. Iterating and incrementing ...

Container Home Kit
architectural conjecture :: urban speculation :: landscape futures

Thoughts on Liferay Portal and Security: Part One
... Identifiers : Many Liferay objects such as user, group, organization, etc leverage the Liferay counter model which provides an auto-incrementing ...

Boston Online
Boston for visitors and residents - Boston guides, forums and other resources.

Manual Protocol Reverse Engineering
View Manual Reverse Protocol Engineering Screenshots and read about Manual Reverse Protocol Engineering Techniques.

Tech Tuesday: Input/Output
... than read the code of the pressed key and write it into the keyboard buffer keeping track of which buffer location it is currently at an incrementing ...