saving MS access table to the pendrive

Hi All....

I need an option to save a table from MSAccess database to a pendrive.

Is it possible to code for this in labview?

Thanks in Advance
0
x9561 (148440)

Thanks 4 the reply.

My doubt is not related to saving to pendrive.
I have done operations like reading from pendrive.

I am confused on how to save the file.
Is it only by using the file dialogue box and changing the ok button to save.

I have to save a table say tb_emp which is residing on C:\employee.mdb. i have to copy this  into some other location(say to pendrive)

how do i do that?
0
x9561 (148440)
11/13/2007 7:10:06 AM
I got one way to do this by using the option of copy under file i/o
Its able to copy a file from source to destination.

If i want to copy c:\employee.mdb to d:(or any other drive) its possible.

But if i want to copy only a single table from the employee.mdb how do i proceed?
0
x9561 (148440)
11/13/2007 7:40:04 AM
Thanks again.

I just copied the entire database to the destination path(or drive) as there is no way to create a new database using query or labviewtools(thought if needed can delete the unwanted tables from the copied path...even its not a good method i have to do like that).

I never worked with activex.Can u pls suggest me some materias that explain the concepts of activex control(staring from the basic)

Thanks once again
0
x9561 (148440)

Accessing Oracle Tables from MS Access
How difficult is this? I'm having a tough time getting a simple select to work. I am using MS Access 2002 and Windows XP. What do I have to do to make a simple select statement like this work: select id from emp I have stumbled upon many websites although none straight to the point. Any help in how to get this done, or pointing me in the right direction of a book or website, would be greatly appreciated! berj Yes, I do have the table links working. But I did want to run the select for such things as grabbing the next number off of a sequence. As in: select test.nextval fro...

MS Access and Sharepoint: saving the username and password in a linked table
I have some linked tables that connect to a Sharepoint site, but every time they are reconnected they prompt the user for a username/password. I would like to embed the login into the application, just as you can for any other type of linked table, but I can't find a way to do this. Do anyone have any idea how to fix this? Also, this is new to me, so anyone has any experience of how well Access and Sharepoint perform together, I'd love to know. Thanks, James "James Beswick" <jamesbeswick@gmail.com> wrote in news:1139768590.875155.122430@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Update MS Access table from another table
This is probably very simple but I can't figure out a way to update one table from another table. Here is an example: ------ TABLEA ------ first_name last_name grade ------ TABLEB ------ first_name last_name grade I want to update TABLEB's "grade" column from TABLEA (join by first_name and last_name). What's wrong with following sql? UPDATE TABLEB SET GRADE = (SELECT GRADE FROM TABLEA WHERE TABLEA.LAST_NAME = TABLEB.LAST_NAME AND TABLEA.FIRST_NAME = TABLEB.FIRST_NAME) Also, one more question: How do I update TABLE's &quo...

How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)
Dear all, I have an MS-Access MDB-file with hundreds of tables and want to know when they were created and/or modified. The MS-Access metadata table MSySObjects includes this information, but I have not managed to read it from SAS. (CLI describe error tells me that I have no reading access) --> Does anybody have a working code example for this? I have tried the libname ACCESS and Libname ODBC variants. Regards Dietrich -- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut f�r Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universit�t Greifswald - Medizinische Fakult�t Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684 ...

Re: How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)
The answer is given here: Problem Note 7495: No read permission on System Tables when using SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC with a Microsoft Access ODBC Driver http://support.sas.com/kb/7/495.html Regards Dietrich Dietrich Alte schrieb: > Dear all, > > I have an MS-Access MDB-file with hundreds of tables and want to know > when they were created and/or modified. > The MS-Access metadata table MSySObjects includes this information, > but I have not managed to read it from SAS. > (CLI describe error tells me that I have no reading access) > --> Does anybody have a working code example for this? > I have tried the libname ACCESS and Libname ODBC variants. > > Regards > > Dietrich > -- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut f�r Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universit�t Greifswald - Medizinische Fakult�t Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684 ...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name
i am not sure if SAS will support long file name if you use libname. a workaround is to use passthrough. On Jan 16, 2008 12:31 PM, JKamgang@Yahoo.com <JBKamgang@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > > > Happy New Year , > > > > Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS > Access > table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 > databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I > don't want to rename manually the table names. > > > > Please find the program below. > > > > Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, > > > > Jean Baptiste > > > > The program: > > - - - > > > > options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; > > libname DBsource access 'S:\Data > Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 > Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; > > /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > > > data* pedResultadd ; > > set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = > > testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text > > ); > * > > run*; > > - - - The log - - > > 1636 > > 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > 1638 > > 1639 data pedResultadd ; > > 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional...

How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters?
Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text ); * run*; - - - The log - - 1636 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ 1638 1639 data pedResultadd ; 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = --------------------------------------------- 211 ERROR 211-185: Invalid data set name. 1641 1642 testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text 1643 ); Jean Baptiste, --- Jean Baptiste KAMGANG, Lead Data Manager - CDC Cameroon US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Mutengene, SouthWest Province Cameroon, Africa E mail: JBKamgang@cm.cdc.gov. Tel: + 237 3 335 1690 Fax: + 237 3 335 1692 Cell: + 237 9 984 79 14 --- .. Ca...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #2
Hi Jean, It looks like your problem is that you've got a quote in a table name: Additional'n=20 If it is possible to rename that table, that might work. =20 Also, if you use the import feature in SAS, it will write code for you = that you can save and put in a program- you might try that to see if it = can handle this kind of file name. I'd rename the table in Access, = though- a quote in a table name is likely to contiously cause you = problems. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: JKamgang@Yahoo.com=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:31 AM Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name = which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=3DANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTest...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #3
Jean - Unfortunately you are stuck - SAS only allows dataset names up to 32 bytes long - using name literals or conventional names. Defining short-named queries of your tables within MSAccess is a very good idea. The SAS libname engine will read the queries as tables and it doesn't necessitate changing your table names. Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of JKamgang@Yahoo.com Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:32 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text ); * run...

How to access data from an MS Excel sheet and import it to a MS Word using LabView?
Hello I would like to know how is it possible to access a specified data( for example row 1 ,column 2 to 5) in an Excel sheet and import it to a word document using LabView. Thanks You can interact with Office application through ActiveX, but you should be warned that it requires opening a lot of properties and going deep into the Office object hierarchy and this does not look nice in LabVIEW. If you open the example finder (Help&gt;&gt;Find Examples) and search for "ActiveX" or "Excel" you should find some examples on the basics of working with Excel. You can do the same with Word, so you can get your data from Excel and put it into Word. If you search here you should also find some threads dealing with this. To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. <a href="http://cnx.rice.edu/content/col10241/latest/" target="_blank">Here</a>, <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/learningcenter.nsf/03f7c60f17aad210862567a90054a26c/55974411828f779086256ce9007504bd" target="_blank">here</a>, <a href="http://www.mech.uwa.edu.au/jpt/tutorial/index.html" target="_blank">here</a>, <a href="http://www.iit.edu/~labview/Dummies.html" target="_blank">here</a> and <a href="http://www.upscale.utoronto.ca/GeneralInterest/LabView.html" target="_blank">here</a...

.mat is not an MS Access Table ...
Can anyone tell me how to convince MS WinXP that my .mat files are not MS Access Tables? I've set the file association in the Windows Explorer options to Matlab, but still it insists that .mat means Access table, it refuses to display the file extension (also set to be displayed), and Outlook won't let me email .mat files to colleagues, since it's convinced that I'm attempting to mail links to a tables. I understand that my life is better when I'm not using Windows, but that's not an option in this case. Thanks for any help, Bruce "Bruce Elliott" <bruce...

Comparing tables in MS Access
Hi, I am not really familiar with MS ACCESS. However, I am trying to make some reports where you compare current data from a table with old data from the same table. What I'm saying is we have a database with current data, and the same database with old data. I need to create reports for new rows inserted, deleted rows, and updates rows. I'm having trouble figuring how to query which rows have been updated (meaning the primary key(s) are the same, but other attributes of the row have been modified). Can someone please help? Bung bung@telusplanet.net (Bung) wrote in message news...

Auto save in MS Access
Hi, I have a form with save and close buttons. The form is Master-detail type. I have code in the update button, but the problem is the form gets saved when it is closed. I want the user to have access to my code in the buttons and menu options rather than the default. How do I do that? Thanks, Shelly sk06032003@yahoo.com (shelly) wrote in news:ca15b935.0306261741.67023af5@posting.google.com: > Hi, > > I have a form with save and close buttons. The form is Master-detail > type. I have code in the update button, but the problem is the form > gets saved when it is closed....

RELATIONSHIPS IN MS ACCESS TABLES
I have 2 tables (name / address & address / info) with the address field common to both and a relationship set between them. It is the number of info records that increase so the relationship avoids the need to duplicate the address. The tables are in use with around 200 records. The name / address table also includes a post/zip code field. I can add a further relationship between the 2 tables but how do i display the qualifiying info records without having to re-enter all the information. Thanks Phil ...

Ms Access Tables Internet
Hi to All I am Developping an Access Aplication For Rent Cars and i need to connect The Database to internet There is no problem for the application to Work over LAN What I need is a Simple way or Sample to connect the user interface to the table on the internet or LocalHost Even using sqlserver or dns for sql server 1- What I need to load the database to the web site 2- How to connect the user interface to the web site Please if any one get the solution answer me i Know this is not a help desk but if any one want to help please answer me Thanks a lot tho any one helped before and any one wil...

table or view? -- import from MS Access
I will import data from MS Access to SAS. I use the code below to get the content of the database. libname mylib Access "\\path\mydata.mdb"; proc contents data=mylib._all_ noprint out=contents;run; I know there are at least two types of components in the mdb file. One is regular table, anoher is view or query. My question is how I can distinguish them in SAS ? In the output above, MEMNAME gives all the names of the components; TYPEMEM are all empty; MEMTYPE has a single value 'DATA' Thanks a lot for reply. proc sql ; create table AHA as select memname, dbms_memtype ...

Blocking MS Access linked tables...
Good morning... I have an Access front end that uses SQL Server linked tables. SQL Server uses Windows authentication. I have one Windows group that all Access users are a member of. I added that group to SQL Server logins and gave it public, datareader, and datawriter rights to the one database that's used. My front end is locked down, but I want to stop users from creating a new ..mdb and linking SQL Server tables through DSNs or ADO connections or even just importing the links from the actual front end.. I've tried setting the "denydatareader" security policy - that k...

Spaces in MS Access table name
Hi all, I need to use some data stored in a MS Access table, so I am using a libname to connect to it (example: "libname mydb odbc dsn = myaccessdb;") That works fine but I have no idea how to use the table because of the spaces in the name ("tbl my access table"). I know SAS is going to "create" its own name for the table but how do I find out what that name is? I've tried looking the properties in the explorer window and proc datasets but all I see is the name with the space, which I know won't work. Renaming the table in access is not an option so I need to figure out how to handle it in SAS. (I'm using 9.2 for windows) Thanks! SB I believe its something like this. data sasset ; set 'access table with spaces'n ; run; Ray Wallace Institutional Research Washington State University On Feb 17, 8:30=A0am, SB <shannon.blu...@us.ngrid.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I need to use some data stored in a MS Access table, so I am using a > libname to connect to it (example: "libname mydb odbc dsn =3D > myaccessdb;") =A0That works fine but I have no idea how to use the table > because of the spaces in the name ("tbl my access table"). =A0I know SAS > is going to "create" its own name for the table but how do I find out > what that name is? =A0I've tried looking the properties in the explorer > window and proc datasets but all I see is the name with the space, > whi...

MS Access linked tables MYSQL
Hi Folks, im using MS Access as a front end to link to MYSQL. although this is possibly a MYSQL issue i thought someone would be able to help me. the error message "ODBC--insert on a linked table 'tablname' failed" is displayed when i attempt to insert records to the MYSQL table. Does anyone know of a way round this ?? im using the most recent MYSQL driver and i have only text fields in my insert statement. Is there an Access setting or permission that i must change thanks in advance CG <csgraham74@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147726709.116174.41660@v46g200...

MS Access 2000 + Table + Report
I need to create a report for a monthly sales table that is sent to our company. Is there a way to create a report that will automatically sum totals from a file that is sent to us every month? Every month a different file is sent but it is in the same format but with different data. If so, where do I start? 1. delete contents of destination table. (run a canned delete query) 2. append new records to table. (import or whatever) 3. create report as you want it to look. (include totals etc) 4. run report. you might want to include a field in your table that contains a datestamp or whatever...

Updating MS Access tables from a query
I created a form which display data from a query, the query displays field values from a few tables, For example in the main table I have school ID, and school name and schooltypeID. The form displays School name and School Type (this value come from a different table depending on SchoolTypeID). 1, How can I use the same form to create a new record 2, How can I create a "dialog" list based on SchoolTypeID which displays the SchoolType correctly but updates the record with the correct type ID. Thanks ...

Web resources about - saving MS access table to the pendrive - comp.lang.labview

Kerala cable operator plugs in wrong pendrive, broadcasts porn at Kalpetta bus depot
Kerala cable operator plugs in wrong pendrive, broadcasts porn at Kalpetta bus depot - A Reddit user going by the name 'dark0range' who had witnessed ...

Apple Consultants - LinkedIn
Members of ACN, Apple certified professionals, Apple resellers and Apple Fans

Samsung Galaxy S3: Connectivity demo - USB OTG, MHL, bluetooth keyboards/mice, games controllers - YouTube ...
AndroidNZ.net - the best source for Galaxy S3 content! For navigation in the video use these links: USB Pendrive @0:55, 500GB portable drive ...

General Packet Radio Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GPRS usage is typically charged based on volume of data transferred, contrasting with circuit switched data, which is usually billed per minute ...

Dicas - Dicas - UOL Notícias
Confira no UOL Tecnologia tudo sobre inovação tecnológica, Internet, celulares, games e tablets. Veja notícias e novidades de produtos eletrônicos. ...

Aliexpress All Products Directory-Find China Products Catalog on Aliexpress.com
Buy High Quality China Products Online.Shopping Beauty & Health,Cell Phones,Computer& Networking and more on Aliexpress.com

Sitemap – Best Juicer To Buy Online
This is a detailed description of what can be found on our site.

Free CD/DVD distribution of Lectures from Rajiv Dixit and Bharat Swabhiman Andolan
... Dixit ji, Bharat Swabhiman Andolan, Baba Ramdev ji, Acharya Balkrishna ji and other related speakers. Please bring blank DVDs or CDs or pendrive ...

Unusual gifts and gadgets. Curiosite
... Gift Ideas: USB Gadgets, gizmos, curious and designer objects, amazing toys and a whole lot more. USB gadgets Lightsand projectors USBpendrives ...

The Dark Knight Rises Batman Bust with 16GB USB drive + Power Bank by Warner Brothers
The Dark Knight Rises Batman Bust with 16GB USB pendrive by Warner Brothers official licensed + The Dark Knight Rises Portable Power Bank Descripti ...