steper motor control by the parallel port

I am using a 403-SM and 405-SM step motors, with a 6006-DB 3 motor
driver and I want to control it using the parallel port.

Someone passed me son VI`s to control my motor driver but it doesn
work (I tryed to attached the files but it doesnt work).

Finally I tryed to developped my own VI without success.

Does anybody can help me??

Thank you in advance, Daniel Hernandez (dahec1@phy.ulaval.ca)
0
x9561 (148635)
11/20/2003 9:52:39 PM
comp.lang.labview 35391 articles. 1 followers. vasusachin24 (1) is leader. Post Follow

Daniel,
Did you try Bill's suggestions from your other post <a
href="http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HOID=50650000000800000032AF0000&UCATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=0">how
can I control my step motor</a>?
Zvezdana S.
0
x9561 (148635)
Similar artilces about - steper motor control by the parallel port:

stepper or servo motors that are the same size of a standard dc motor?
Hi, I was looking for a servo or stepper motor that comes in the same size as a dc standard motor -- similar to the one found: http://www.hobbyengineering.com/PrnH1821.html Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! ...

Modules, instantiation and the module port list
Peace, I have posted this question separately to make finding this answer for the next person easier. Simply, if a module (A) is instantiated within a higher level module (B), must the port list of (A) be included in the port list of (B)? I know in a testbench this does not happen... But I do not know if this is generally applicable. This is simple, but I can't find the answer in my references... Thnaks in advance for any help. Peace "Marwan" <marwanboustany@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186058636.032737.121440@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com.....

VI to control a digital potentiometer?
Hello, I want to adjust the wiper position on a 2 or 3 channels 10k digital potentiometer (preferably 256 steps or more) with LabVIEW 7.0. I haven?t decided which dig.pot that I want to use yet. I am a beginner in LabVIEW so I wonder if somebody has a VI for controlling a dig.pot. The DAQ I am using is PCI-6034. &nbsp; Please help! &nbsp; Best Regards Magnus look here <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=137802#M137802" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=137802#M13780...

Reading multi channel RC controller data
How to interface a multi channel Radio Control unit to a PC to read channel data (servo motor positions)? On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:35:51 +1000, <Phil> wrote: >How to interface a multi channel Radio Control unit to a PC to read channel >data (servo motor positions)? > Modify the receiver to bringout the pulse train ahead of the shift register and decode that with a timer capture unit. I have done a project to measure RC receiver output pulses. Roughly, each channel outputs a pulse whose duration varies from 1 ms to 2 ms. The 1 ms variation in pulse duration commands the se...

Measured Specs on 12V DC Gearmotor (Windshield Wiper Motor)
I purchased a couple of these new windshield wiper motors from ebay. They are not the common Saturn type of motor, but similar. They have only 2 wires, and the negative is isolated from the housing (unlike the Saturn motors). I did not like the Saturn motors because of the chassis gnd. If used as a servo, the chassis would be hot in one direction. I took some torque and current measurements using a Fluke 337 clamp meter and a 50lbs fishing scale. I made a simple jig to mount the motor solid to the bench, then attached a 12" steel tube arm to the shaft. I then attached my f...

US-MD-Rockville: Developer, Data Stage Parallel Extender, UNIX, C++, Ascential; (45293757607)
US-MD-Rockville: Developer, Data Stage Parallel Extender, UNIX, C++, Ascential; (45293757607) ============================================================================================= Position: Developer Reference: SMC01298 Location: Rockville MD Duration: 6M Skills: Expert in Data Stage Parallel Extender (Orchestrate) and customization of Parallel Framework. Expert in UNIX application development including C++, shell scripting, korn shell and cron. Ascential, Expert in Data Storage Parellel Extender...

returning control back to my script after spawning another script
Just ran into an issue where I kick off another script from within my script and control isn't returned to my script. What's up with that? This is Redhat bash, here's my code (ignore my poor coding, I'm a newbie and need to clean up some of this as I learn new tricks from you guys) echo "The following command will be executed:" echo $build_command echo printf "If you wish to execute this command, enter Y (case sensitive) and hit return: " read confirm case "$confirm" in "Y") $build_command; printf "Would y...

Squid can't open HTTP port.
Hi, I'm trying to run squid, but I start it I receive this error message: Sep 29 21:54:02 ns (squid): Cannot open HTTP Port What could be happening? First, I defined "http_port" to 3128, then to 80, now I defined to: 192.168.1.1:80, but all this options return the same error. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance, Nuno Paquete Nuno Paquete wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to run squid, but I start it I receive this error message: > > Sep 29 21:54:02 ns (squid): Cannot open HTTP Port > > What could be happening? > First, I defined "http_port&qu...

I/O Ports of IBM Clown
Recently, there was talk of the I/O ports of an IBM Clown. While searching for more info about the Imation LS-120 drive, I found a LS-120.ZIP file which contains (among other things) the following: ------------------------- 3. Driver description: [ATAPIMGR.SYS : in CONFIG.SYS] *[/P:xxx,yy] ---> ATAPI base I/O Port Address(hex) option ---> Interrupt number option(IRQ=10,11,12,14,15) ex.)DEVICE=ATAPIMGR.SYS /P:170,15 xxx==1F0, 170, 1E8 or 168 Primary connection: xxx=1F0 Secondary connection: ...

WD400BB controller board swap
I'm trying to do poor man's data recovery on a Western Digital WD400BB drive (40gb). I'm pretty sure the controller board is fried, so I went ahead and purchased a controller board with the identical part # on eBay. Unfortunately, it's from an 8gb drive, so of course I found out after the fact that it won't work with my 40gb drive. >From what I've read elsewhere, I'll probably need to swap the firmware chips to get it to work. Before I go ahead and do that (170+ pins to desolder/solder!), I'm wondering if one of the other IC's could be at fault ...

Stepper motor for a 6128 disc drive?
Anyone got one, please? JP Jordan in Ireland is looking for one. -- Brian "Happy St George's Day. It either is, just was, or soon will be." On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 07:21:07 +0100, "Brian Watson" <brian@spheroid.demon.co.uk> wrote: >Anyone got one, please? > >JP Jordan in Ireland is looking for one. Myself - a few dozen and available for free. But shipment to Ireland (from Holland) would be expensive nevertheless. An alternative might be to check upon freely available PCW's in the neighbourhood. There were more PCW's produc...

can the CIM server listen on the HTTPS port 5989?
In the man page of init.wbem it is mentioned that it starts or stops the CIM boot manager.And at startup, the CIM Object Manger Listens for RMI connections on RMI port 5987 and for XML/HTTP connections on HTTP port 5988. But 5988 is not the secured port and I want the CIMOM to listen on the secured port 5989. Can we change its configuration to listen on the HTTPS port 5989? and if so how can it be done? ...

parallel problem
This code copy i from my friend. After i run no output from parallel port. Before this, i run they have output from parellel. i dunno what the problem with this. anyone can help me to produce output using this code? function [sys,x0,str,ts] = output1(t,x,u,flag) % Dispatch the flag. The switch function controls the calls to % S-function routines at each simulation stage. switch flag, case 0 [sys,x0,str,ts] = mdlInitializeSizes; % Initialization case 3 sys = mdlOutputs(t,x,u); % Calculate outputs case { 1, 2, 4, 9 } sys = []; % Unused flags otherwise err...

WebBrowser control
Hi, I am looking for ways how to filter image (or other HTML elements) downloads using WebBrowser control. I know I can block all image downloads using DLCTL_DLIMAGES flag. What I am looking for is a way to select which images to download and which not to (based on URL). For example image download from http://www.google.com/image.jpg is OK, and image download from http://www.yahoo.com/image.gif is filtered out and not downloaded - based on my custom URL parser result. The same for other external elements, but for the sake of simplicity - just images for now. I'd like t...

info about stepers motors
hi! is anybody have info about EM-293 and EM-289 (found in epson stylus photo 740) Thank you for your answer. -- Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews. Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com 3dsman wrote: > > hi! is anybody have info about EM-293 and EM-289 (found in epson stylus > photo 740) > > Thank you for your answer. ---------------------------- http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/step/ -Steve -- -Steve Walz rstevew@armory.com ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!! htt...

at kinko's lan port, difficult to broadcast webserver and login aol, please help
Dear linux networking user: At kinko's lan port, I have difficult to broadcast webserver and login aol, both show Messatge ID TCP_ERROR in my redhat 9 kernel 2.4.20-6, please help and thanks in advance. eric ...

text property in DHTMLedit control or DOM
Hello, We use a DHTMLedit control in an application. There is an access called DocumentHTML that returns the HTML text in the control. This is fine but I am also looking for a plain text property. I searched MSDN for this and found that there is a property called Text from a Range object: LOCAL oSelection as oleautoobject LOCAL oRange as OleAutoObject LOCAL cText as string LOCAL cHTML as string SELF:odcHTMLedit:ExecCommand(DECMD_SELECTALL,1) oSelection := SELF:odcHTMLedit:DOM:selection if oSelection:type == "Text" oRange := oSelection:CreateRange() cHtML := ...

parallel simulation tools
Hi, I am trying to find a parallel simulation library to build my own application. I prefer Optimistic Protocol. Does anyone have any suggestion about it? I tried several libraries like Warped and GTW. But they failed to work on my facilities. I really appreciate your help. Many thanks. Lan ...

8051 and Curtis Motor Controller
Hi all. A group at my University is working on driving a golf cart with a microcontroller for a project. The golf cart has a Curtis PMC Model 1205 motor controller and we want to control it with an 8051 microcontroller. We're only concerned with making the unit go forwards. The Curtis manual has a test circuit for the motor controller that we have tested sucessfully but now we want to add the microcontroller to the test circuit. I have uploaded the original test circuit schematic to http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/blaketheturtle/benchtest.jpg I'm wondering where or ho...

Did I toast my motor?
When I first tested my Tamiya twin motor gearbox I connected a 7.2V Li- ion battery pack to one of the motors (Mabuchi FA-130) for a few seconds. It still works, but do you think there's any damage? Mike <upand_at_them@yahoo.com> wrote in message = news:1177724870.262473.176340@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > When I first tested my Tamiya twin motor gearbox I connected a 7.2V = Li- > ion battery pack to one of the motors (Mabuchi FA-130) for a few > seconds. It still works, but do you think there's any damage? Well, did you notice smoke or does it ru...

Parallel Sort Library version 3.1
Hello, I have updated my Parallel Sort Library to version 3.1, i have just corrected a bug and it is stable now, and it gives better scalability than my Parallel Quicksort. The best case complexity of my Parallel Sort Library using mergesort is: ((n/p)* log(n/p)) + O(n/p) p: is the number of cores the ((n/p)* log(n/p)) is the complexity of the sorting part. O(n/p) is the best case complexity of the merging part. so the best case complexity is: ((n/p)* log(n/p)) The worst case complexity of parallel sort library using mergesort is: ((n/p)* log(n/p)) + O(n) t...

Servo controller...
I need to control a couple of servos using Atmel's AVR microcontroller. Is there anything like a chip that could be controlled in a simple way by the microcontroller and that would keep shooting pulses at servos by itself? (for example when I want certain servo to change position, I send some bits to the chip, servo repositions and microcontroller does not have to take care any more) I know I can build such pulse generator by myself, but I'd rather buy a compact, tested and easy-to-use chip. I'm more of a programmer then electric enthusiast. (: -- Frank Nor...

CFP: Int'l Conf. Parallel Processing (ICPP) 2010
CALL FOR PAPERS 2010 International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP-2010) San Diego, California, USA, September 13-16, 2010 www.cse.ohio-state.edu/icpp2010 Scope: The International Conference on Parallel Processing provides a forum for engineers and scientists in academia, industry and government to present their latest research findings in all aspects of parallel and distributed computing. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to: .. Architecture . Data Intensive and I/O Computing .. Algorithms and Applications . P2P and Service-Oriented Architectures .. Cluster, Gr...

How many SATA devices can be used with a single controller?
Is there any limitation about that? Thanks Erez "Bob Willard" <BobwBSGS@TrashThis.comcast.net> wrote in message news:iqssc.37295$zw.22484@attbi_s01 > Tod wrote: > > > I believe current SATA controllers can only control 1 SATA hard drive > > per controller. > > > > Not just current, but for all time. Clueless, as always. > SATA is a point-to-point cable design. Period. So all IDE host bus adapters (controllers) are 2 drive designs? Wotanidiot! > > The temporary (I hope) constraint is that the only SATA devi...

Interfacing the parallel port
I'm working on a project that requires the outputting of data via the parallel port. Basically I want to set certain lines high and low with ruby. However, I can't seem to find any example where ruby is used to communicate with the parallel port. This project is for a windows machine. In the past I've successfully managed to communicate with the port using inpout32.dll and VB6. Inpout32.dll would come in handy again, but I don't know how to add a dll file to a ruby script. Any help would be appreciated! Thx! -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. > Any help would be a...