steper motor control by the parallel port

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I am using a 403-SM and 405-SM step motors, with a 6006-DB 3 motor
driver and I want to control it using the parallel port.

Someone passed me son VI`s to control my motor driver but it doesn
work (I tryed to attached the files but it doesnt work).

Finally I tryed to developped my own VI without success.

Does anybody can help me??

Thank you in advance, Daniel Hernandez (dahec1@phy.ulaval.ca)
0
Reply x9561 (148613) 11/20/2003 9:52:39 PM

See related articles to this posting

Daniel,
Did you try Bill's suggestions from your other post <a
href="http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HOID=50650000000800000032AF0000&UCATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=0">how
can I control my step motor</a>?
Zvezdana S.
0
Reply x9561 (148613) 11/21/2003 6:43:43 PM
comp.lang.labview 35384 articles. 14 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Question: Control step motor from parallel port
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01C53557.9046C0B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, there: It seems to me that the only way to talk to parallel port in matlab is = by digital input/output. Sending a "0" followed by a "1" triggers one = step. How do I delay the program for like 0.0005 sec to trigger the = second step? The clock resolution of pause is 0.01 second. Thanks for = any input. Ke ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01C53557.9046C0B0 Content-Type: text/html; cha...

re:controlling motors through matlab via parallel port
please help me. my project requires controlling the motors through matlab via parallel port.. please guide me in this aspect. "cute boy" <cute.boy.nospam@mathworks.com> wrote in message <fp6d54$8cv$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > please help me. > my project requires controlling the motors through matlab > via parallel port.. > please guide me in this aspect. doc daq Vihang ...

How to use control parallel port and serial port?
Could anyone please tell me what function to use for controlling parallel port and serial port? Thanks ...

control parallel port (data and control lines)
I need to control the output on the parallel port (LPT1) - Both data and control lines.&nbsp; Once the data is written (Pins2-9), I then need to&nbsp;toggle the&nbsp;Sprocket signal (PIN1) - on the parallel port. The sprocket signal is also referred to as the Data Strobe Output. The required method is as follows: 1. Lower the sprocket signal on PIN1 2. Send the data (Pins2-9) and wait 3. Raise the sprocket signal and wait. 4. Repeat. I am looking for a method to control&nbsp;the data on LPT1 pins 2-9 and then be able to toggle PIN1 - Strobe signal - without the data falling ...

Problems Reading/Writing Parallel Port Data, Status & control Registers Using In Port.vi and Out port.vi
Hi, Can anyone there help me Please with the problem. I am trying to communicate with the parallel port using my program which i have attached to the message. I am running LabVIEW 7.0 Professional with application builder. All the program does is reads and writes to the three parallel port registers. It runs FINE!!! in my computer. But when i built an executable (see attached) and tried running on a different computer (with LabVIEW Runtime engine 7.0 installed) the program does not read/write to the registers. The target PC had the parallel port in SPP mode just like mine. I can't seem to...

Parallel port control with USB->Parallel converter
Hi, I want to control some motors using the parallel port.. however, my laptop does not have any parallel ports (very few do). What I do have is a USB->Parallel converter... I thought about using PyParallel, but the USB->Parallel converter doesn't actually map to the LPT port .. and PyParallel only looks for LPT ports? Has anyone tried doing this? What are my options for controlling parallel connections on a laptop with no parallel port? I also thought about controlling the USB natively.. but since I dont have any instructions on how to do this with my Velleman USB->Parallel...

Parallel port controlling
I have an example program using out port.vi which works really well on W98. I tested it by connecting LEDs to the printer port. However, the application has to run under Windows XP. I have Labview v6. Do I need Labview v7 or some extra drivers or will it work ok once I have the new base address? thanks Tom FYR http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/c80752c53094c296862565f3007ac765?OpenDocument "ian.f" wrote: > FYR > > http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/c80752c53094c296862565f3007ac765?OpenDocument Thanks Ian ...

Parallel port control
In the old days of QBasic, control of the parallel port was as easy as OUT (&H37A), 0 or X% = INP (&H379) However, I have come back to programming after years away, and got started on Visual Basic 6. Is there any equivalent command? I have found very little in the built-in help, except references to using the Win32 API. Is there still a way of directly writing to/reading from memory, or any simple way of using the parallel port? Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Lee 32 bit Windows is a whole new ballgame for port access. Go to www.lvr.com and check out the par...

Controlling pins on the parallel port
Hey &nbsp; I'm writing a program in&nbsp; labview to controll a matrix card with labview. For that I'll&nbsp;use the parallel port. On&nbsp; the datasheet it says&nbsp; that only one off the pins shall send data serial into the card, and others are pins for update. clk etc. So I need help on how to configure the parallel port to&nbsp; send different&nbsp; things&nbsp;to the dedicated pins. &nbsp; jonas Keep in mind that the parallel port was not designed to be used as a digital I/O card, so depending on your application you may run into limitations...

Parallel port for electronic control
Hi, Has anyone out there used the parallel port of a Risc PC for electronic control. It was kind of easy back in Model B. days. I can program, in basic and also handle the electronic interface, but can anyone point me to how to set up the Risc PC port. I have a programers manual and can find reference to printing, but not using the port for any thing else (unless I have not triped over the right page). Any thoughts, circuits, machine code would be welcome. from Mike in New Zealand. On 21 Aug, NotOnTV wrote in message <f7eeb881-b502-4c5d-9eca-11ebfd8bcd04@h17g2000pri.googlegroups.com>...

Controlling the parallel port from C
I want to be able to send characters to the parallel port, in a similar way to the serial port with OS_SerialOp. What is the best way of doing this. When I used to do this via BASIC, I used to have trouble with the computer hanging if the printer was not on, or there was no room in the printer buffer, so much so that I used to enable the escape key whilst sending to allow the user to exit. -- David Buck 2D CAD for RISC OS at www.risccad.freeuk.com David Buck wrote: > I want to be able to send characters to the parallel port, in a similar way > to the serial port with OS_SerialO...

Parallel Port LED Controlling
Hi All! I need to control LED's connected to the parallel port using delphi 6.0 But I dont know how to... Please help me. Thanx in advance.. ZLPortIO http://www.specosoft.com/en/zlportio.html On 14 Feb 2006 11:49:14 -0800, "aizly" <cipot_cheeport@yahoo.com> wrote: >I need to control LED's connected to the parallel port using delphi 6.0 ...

How to control a servo using my parallel port?
My problem is that I need to control a servomotor through my parallel port using labview, I tried to send alternated pulses (0,1) with a delay produced by a for loop but it is very unstable, please if anyone know a better solution to this let me know. Thanks in advance. Here are several examples on using LabVIEW with the parallel port: <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/72C6FC6CE4AD4D1386256B1800794596?opendocument">Using the Parallel Port in LabVIEW </a> <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/c80...

motor control thru printer port
Hi... I have some (theta,distance) pairs.A wheeled robot is to be made to rotate thru an angle theta followed by a linear movement by 'distance' units for every such pair.The robot is to be controlled via a printer port.The data pairs are the outputs from matlab programs. Now please help me on 1 parallel port programming using matlab-commands and functions 2 suitable structure of a code to implement the specified kind of motion Thancx kumaran <tkbg007@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message <ef49578.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>... > Hi... > I have some (theta,distance) pai...

Parallel Port LED Controlling #2
Hi All! I need to control LED's connected to the parallel port using delphi 6.0 But I dont know how to... Please help me. Thanx in advance.. aizly ...

Control through parallel port of digital signals
I have an control application that I hope to be able to use the parallel po= rt to control. The plant is a model of an industrial process system with si= mple on/off sensors and on/off actuators. I hope to be able to input 7 sens= or signals and output 5 actuator signals via the parallel port. The sensors= will be changing non-deterministically and will be polled continously in o= rder to change the output actuators. Essentially, I will need to read a byt= e of sensor data and output a byte for the actuators. Based on my research= into LabVIEW I believe this will work; however, our computer...

8 axes parallel port stepper control
I was wondering if there was a way to control 8 axes from a parallel port. I only want to use 1 port because it would be good to run this from a laptop if possible. Thank you. > I was wondering if there was a way to control 8 axes from a parallel > port. I only want to use 1 port because it would be good to run this > from a laptop if possible. Thank you. Bob, what Stepper Motor Drivers are you using?? How many bits does it take for each motor? Just Direction and Step, or all the phases done in Software?? -- Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont terry@te...

Making a Serial/parallel port controlled robot?
Hello ppl I am trying to make a robot controlled by a laptop via a serial/parallel port interface. Could you guys point me to some links to websites that show projects like that already made? specifically i need information on controlling 4 motors from the port. i need schemetics for the external ciruit that controls the motors from commands reveived form the computer. Thanks ER ER wrote: > > Hello ppl > > I am trying to make a robot controlled by a laptop via a > serial/parallel port interface. Could you guys point me to some links > to websites tha...

How to control parallel port using ASP language
As topic,I need to know what command or class that can send data to parallel port, I'm have use ASP webmatrix and class help but I can't find it thank teatree onlineheart@hotmail.com (jirac) wrote: >As topic,I need to know what command or class that can send data to >parallel port, I'm have use ASP webmatrix and class help but I can't >find it > > thank > teatree Go to www.lvr.com and research the parallel port page. If your operating system is NT, 2000, or XP, you'll...

running stepper motor using parallel port
hiiii i've to run several i.e. min 9 motors using pc from them atleast 7 will run at one time right now i'm trying to run only one can u show me the path to proceed with reply "lenin" <lenin.ursa@gmail.com> wrote in news:1137152756.001102.133970@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com: > hiiii > > i've to run several i.e. min 9 motors using pc > from them atleast 7 will run at one time > > right now i'm trying to run only one > > can u show me the path to proceed with > > reply Hi, can I suggest a web page...

Image acquisition + motor control via USB port
Hello, I'm using Matlab to control a motor and a camera. The camera is interfaced with the PC via a USB video board. The motor controller is also connected to the PC via the USB port. The manufacturer of the motor (Standa and its 8SMC1-USBh controller) is providing the DLL and H files to compile MEX functions. It works fine. A problem arises when I try to sequentially acquire a few (e.g. 10) images at different positions of the motor: it seems Matlab is "loosing" the motor, i.e. I cannot control it anymore and the "motor_init" function provided by the manufacturer re...

Simulink : combination of WAV device and parallel port control.
In a simulink environment I want to do the following : Read Audio data, analyse it and control the parallel port with information derived from it. With the TRWin Digital Output block ( Real Time Windows Target toolbox ) I can control the port. But when I add just a "From Wave File Block" and a "To wave Device" I get a build error. Apparently because The Output Block and the Wave devices require a different Real-Time Workshop target. I tried a workaround with two models and let them run at the same time, but I can't find a way to exchange dynamicaly data between...

how to use MATLAB for parallel port interfac to stepper motor?
dear sir, please tell me how to interface stepper motor using MATLAB? i know in C language.if possible give matlab code with detail.... regards aejaz Visit http://www.mathworks.com/products/daq/index.html -- the Data Acquisition Toolbox provides access to the parallel port. Also, it's a frequent topic in the newsgroup, and googling "MATLAB parallel port" gives good results. -Rob ------- Rob Purser Data Acquisition Software Engineer The Mathworks rob.purser@mathworks.com 508-647-7131 ----- The MathWorks, Inc. - 3 Apple Hill Drive, Natick, MA 01760 - 508-647-70...

How to use parallel port in C for control of external circuits
Hi All I assume that some of the guys here have used laptops to control external circuits for roboticee type projects. I would like to control some motors using my laptop as the programming/control environment would be alot better. I can handle the electronic side of things quite well but I fall down when it comes to C programming. I have been learning for a while now, on and off. I need to know how to read data and output data, basically control the parallel port using c code. The old laptop is running win95 if it helps. I think I need to write data to certain addresses but am...