tabbing order in tab controls

Hi
How can I set the tabbing order of controls in a tab control on the
front panel when having several other controls on the front panel.
0
x9561 (148441)

Right-click on the tab and select "Reorder controls In page" from the
menu that pops up.
0
x9561 (148441)
4/6/2004 10:24:08 AM
This is not exactly what I meant.
When I'm creating a local variable I can choose its destination
(right-click - select item). Because there are so many I would like to
reorder the tabbing order to choose the correct on the top.
All this action are taken in the block diagramm.
0
x9561 (148441)
4/6/2004 11:03:37 AM
From the edit menu, select
Set Tabbing order

changing the tabbing order will also change the order the variables
are listed when you want to list or select a local variable
0
x9561 (148441)

Tab order in Tab Control
Hey, I have a modeless dialog (as the main window) which contains a tab control. For each tab I have a child window. My problem lies in tabbing through the controls. As of now I can only tab through the controls in the main dialog. That is, the only control here is the tab control. What I want to achieve is to be able to tab through the controls on the current active tab's page. Any idea on how to do this? Thanks! Soren Dreijer wrote: > My problem lies in tabbing through the controls. As of now I can > only tab through the controls in the main dialog. Th...

Tab control in one of the tabs of another tab control
One of my colleagues is working with a tab control. He has several tabs. He is trying to embed another tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. He had placed the second tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. But the problem is that the second tab control does not show up (unless one goes to the block diagram and double clicks the second tab control, only then does it shows up; when the vi is closed and reopened its again not there). I told him that I had never seen such functionality (a tab control inside another tab control) in any application but is ...

Re: tabbing order in tab controls
Is there a way to change the tabbing order without having the order on a list or local change also? I didn't take that into account when making the program, should have ordered all the control before wiring it all up :-/ Hi leachdor,When you change the tab order of a specific control in LabVIEW, it must then re-order the other controls in order to ensure that each tab order value is only applied to one control, and that there are only as many tab stops as there are controls.  As such, there is no way to simply re-order a single control without modifying other controls. Hi and th...

Tab order on multirow tab control
Is there a way to stop the default action of a multirow tab control whereby the row with focus moves to the front of the tabs? I find this behaviour annoying and confusing to the user and am at a loss as to why MS has designed their tab controls like this. Wayne wrote: > Is there a way to stop the default action of a multirow tab control > whereby the row with focus moves to the front of the tabs? I find > this behaviour annoying and confusing to the user and am at a loss as > to why MS has designed their tab controls like this. ALL multi-row tabs act this way. How else can y...

How can I set the tab order of text box controls on each page of a tab control?
I need to be able to select the tabbing order of individual controls on a single page of a tabbed control. How?? In LV 6.1 an up you should be ablel to right click on the edge of the tab control when the tab-page in question is selected. The bttom selcetion in the pop-up is "Reoder controls in page..." selecting this option will switch editing modes to allow you to specify the ored, just like in a cluster. I seem to remeber in older versions you had to drag the tabable controls off the tab control, specify the tabbing oder and then drag them back on. The oldest version I have on ...

Tab control with no tabs
Hi All I have been writing wxWindow code for a couple of days now and I am attempting an embedded (CE) gui which I have made some headway with. My gui has three wxFrames which I switch between to display three different sets of information to the user. I really need to be able to switch these screens programatically but I'm not sure what the best way is. I am thinking wxNoteBook control with three panels for the screens with zero height tabs to hide them. Only I don't seem to be able to set the tab size on the wxnotebook. Thoughts anyone?? TIA Nick "Nick W...

Tab order
>From the dev guide and older threads the only way I can see to set the tab order is by the control order. But what if I want some odd tab order that's different from the control order? For example, if I use a tabpanel, which the control order is very specific in RB or else all the controls get screwed up. So I have all my controls working on the tabpanel but I want my own tab order. Any way to do this? It seems like there should be an option to make a custom order, regardless of the control order.....or maybe I'm missing something. In article <1105575553.895968.164450...

tab control inside another tab control
Hi. Is it possible to put a tab control inside another tab control. I tried it several times, but for some reason this doesn't seem to work. Can someone confirm this, or tell me what the trick is. Thanks. -- Georges The only way I know to do this is to put a subform on the first tab control. Then you can put your second tab control on the subform. If you do this repeatedly, however, you will find the form loading rather slowly. HTH - Turtle "Georges Heinesch" <news@geohei.lu> wrote in message news:3fe82fb8$1_2@news.vo.lu... > Hi. > > Is it possible to...

Tab control within another tab control
I am creating a form with a tab control containing 10 tabs. and what I want to do is on only on of the tabs, I want a sub section of tabs. So what it ends up being is one main tab control with another tab control embedded into only one of the tab pages. The problem I am getting is when I insert the sub section tab control into one of the tabs from the main tab control, the sub section tab control appears in every tab in the main tab control. Can anyone help? What do I need to do so it only appears in one tab, not all. Thanks As you found, you cannot place a tab control on one of the pages...

Tab Tab
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? Op 4 Aug 2004 12:39:13 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" gnosis wrote: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? I'm not sure I understand the ...

How do I put a control on a certain page of a tab control, instead of the WHOLE tab control
I am trying to put a 3D surface plot onto one page of a tabbed control, but Labview insists on putting it on top of the whole tabbed control, so that you can't look at different pages. What's the deal? Hi John, I made a test with LV 7.0. I can put the 3D Surface Graph into a page of the tab control. Move the 3D Surface Graph from the tab control onto a blank area of the front panel. Move the 3D Surface Graph back onto the page you want it. Be sure to get a black broken line around the page. Then release the mouse button. If you lay the 3D Surface Graph partly on the tab control it w...

Long pull down menu of tab control. References to controls on page of tab control.
Folks, &nbsp; two questions regarding a tab control: &nbsp; 1. &nbsp; I am using a tab control for offering the user various sub menus. The tabs are switched invisible. Instead I am using the page labels display for control of the tab. The list of available sub-menus (tabs) has already become quite long so that a pull down menu with a scrollbar appears (See attached screenshot). However, the scrollbar is not very convenient and not actually needed. Does anyone know how I could avoid this scrollbar? &nbsp; 2. &nbsp; I would like to get all the references of all controls of...

tab order screwed up even after tab order selected
After I select row order on the page, the page still opens with the cursor positioned on a lower field that I added, a bracket I added that is read-only. Once I start tabbing thru the doc, it acts like it is normal again and tab does not stop on that bracket. A cursor still hangs on that bracket until I tab below it and then it disappears and all is normal. Any ideas? I want the cursor to start at the top, not this bracket. thanks ...

How to color tab of tab control when content of tab meets generic criteria
I have an MS Access form that uses a tab control with multiple tabs. On each tab, there are various fields. How can I color-- or if easier add some simple icon--to a particular tab (say tab 2 of 5 in the tab control) if a field on tab 2 meets some generic criteria like salary field is > 50000. I'm trying to give the operator a visual cue that tab 2 contains important data that should be reviewed--so the operator does not have to visit each tab to manually inspect all fields (which may contain only nominal values). If I could color tab #2 red or mark just tab #2 with an icon, then the o...

Hide a tab on a tab control
Dear All, I have a tab control with about 5 tabs on it. Depending on who logs on, I want to hide one particular tab. How do I do it? thanks John Fox Per John Fox: >Dear All, > >I have a tab control with about 5 tabs on it. > >Depending on who logs on, I want to hide one particular tab. > >How do I do it? Code below selects different tabs and makes some tabs invisible. 2160 With Me.tabMain 2161 If .Value = mTabMain_Page_Security Then 'If user walking a compressed list, don't want tb jumping back to sec if looking at docs 2162 ...

Tab Indexing in a Tab Control
Anyone know why when I set my tabs index in my tab control (I have 3 tabs on the control) the numbering gets messed up when I save the form changes? I thought each tab on the control had an independent tab index, I guess not. Marcus ****** Just a suggestion, the Tab Index for a container (Tab Page) is different than the Page Index for a Tab Control. You might be thinking that the Tab Index is related to the Tab Pages. The order of the pages is Page Index. (Right Click Page Order) The order of the controls on a page, form or other container control is Tab Index. (Right Click Tab Order) T...

Vertical Tabs on Tab Control?
Hi Folks: I've used conventional horizontal tabs on one application. Now I'd like to have a row of tabs, representing each letter of the alphabet, running down the right side of a tab control. These are owner drawn tabs. I have questions. I want a single line of alphabet tabs. If the control shrinks to too small to show all of the tabs, I'd like them to display a ragged edge, and arrows in order to scroll them. Instead, multiple lines of tabs are drawn. The Resource Editor's "Tab Control Properties" window has "Multiline...

TAB to navigate in tab order
Hi, in wxWindows looks like pressing the Tab key on the last widget in tab order does not switch the focus to the first widget in tab order. Example: Tab order is - widget1 - widget2 - widget3 When widget3 has the focus, pressing Tab doesn't move the focus to widget1. How could this be done, however? Regards, Cristina. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwindows.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-user...

a2k
I have 3 groups of controls each in their own frame and all are sitting on a page in a tab control. I want the user to be able to tab between the controls in each frame; at the moment tabbing can move the cursor to another frame, which is a bit disconcerting when the user is filling out some address fields. I've played around with the tab index properties manually and even tried to set them using VBA. However if I do this I find some controls actually disappear! To correct this I have to use Auto Order. Apart from this the app is working nicely but little things like are a bit of a pai...

Tab control order in OLE control
Recently I got the tip how to include a listview in the tab (control order) stops: SELF:oDCLV1:SetStyle(WS_TABSTOP,TRUE) This doesn't seem to work for a OCX (ole) control. Is there any way to get this working there too? Dick van Kooten ...

Control + Tab between subforms on tab control pages ACC 2002
Greetings! What I am looking for is help trying to accomplish control + tab exiting subform #1 on page #1 and entering the first control (main form) on page #2. I've tried the following code, however it seems to "fire twice", placing me at the first control on subform #2 on page #3, totally skipping page #2. It seems to very briefly stop the control on page two, but keeps going. Hope that made sense. Key preview for subform is set to yes. This is a continous subform, so options to leave subform on last control won't work. That's why I'm trying to use control tab....

Re: a2k
Deano wrote: > I have 3 groups of controls each in their own frame and all are > sitting on a page in a tab control. > > I want the user to be able to tab between the controls in each frame; > at the moment tabbing can move the cursor to another frame, which is > a bit disconcerting when the user is filling out some address fields. > > I've played around with the tab index properties manually and even > tried to set them using VBA. > However if I do this I find some controls actually disappear! To > correct this I have to use Auto Order. > > Apart fr...

Getting XP look with tabbed dialog control and tab strip control
I know how to use a manifest file to get the XP look for the Windows Common Controls 6 group of controls but I also have both the tabbed dialog and tab strip controls in my app and I want those to take on the XP look as well. Does anyone know how? Also, while I am able to get the XP look through a manifest file in my app's folder I should be able to do this without the file having to be in the app's folder. I've read it has to do with compiling with a resource file but I don't know how to do that. Can anyone offer any assistance? Thanks! ...

Change values of Tabs on Tab Control
I have a LabVIEW application where it is possible to change the language on the front panel, in connection with this I want to change the names/labels of the Tabs on a Tab Control. Is this possible? Hi Labbie, yes it is possible. See the attachment. Mike Unbenannt 1_LV80.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/311358/1/Unbenannt 1_LV80.vi Awesome all... got what i needed. &nbsp; Peace, &nbsp; Pete ...

Web resources about - tabbing order in tab controls - comp.lang.labview

Botvat Connected is the first robo-cleaner you can control with your Apple Watch
Let’s face it, a robot vacuum cleaner is fairly hi-tech, but these days we want more. Like the ability to start and stop cleaning cycles with ...

Disable Windows 10's Microsoft Consumer Experience to take control of your Start menu
... used to add links to more third party apps in future. Here's what you need to do to disable the Microsoft Consumer Experience and regain control ...

Apple's latest software update will let bosses control the layout of apps on company iPhones
Apple is going to give more control to companies in a new software update that will let them arrange apps, block certain apps, and hide individual ...

Device enables monkeys tp control wheelchair with their minds
New research is giving monkeys amazing capabilities, and could help humans in the future

In control: How to harness the power of your emotions – and play each of your 34,000 emotional states ...
Scientists have known for years that emotions impair our decision-making ability.

High-flying hack: Researcher shows how to seize control of a drone
German grad student Nils Rodday figured out how to intercept flight instructions and start flying a drone himself. He says the hardware he exploited ...

Limbaugh: Trump Is ‘Only Possibility Of Wresting Control Of The Country Back From The Upper Class’
Limbaugh: Trump Is ‘Only Possibility Of Wresting Control Of The Country Back From The Upper Class’

Control the sea in Europa Universalis IV expansion
... up in the hood now, man. This map's sparkling like never before. The latest Europa Universalis IV expansion opens up the briny deep to control...trade ...

Neato's robot vacuum is the first with smartwatch control
We're not sure how useful controlling a robotic vacuum from a smartwatch is, but there's no debating the bragging rights. Neato has revealed ...