TCPIP USB MISC LIKE GPIB MISC

I used to use GPIB misc a lot to send code through GPIB after VISA is closed to set instrument to local, etc. Now I am try to control the instrument through USB and TCPIP, it seems there is no corresponding MISC VI for USB and TCPIP such as GPIB MISC. Is there any way to do 'loc' function under TCPIP/USB connection after VISA is closed?
0
x9561 (148439)

Hello Qualcomm,

From my understanding of your situation, you can have a similar functionality by using a property node to check the status of the device from the VISA palette.&nbsp;&nbsp;By&nbsp;using the&nbsp;property node&nbsp;you achieve similar functionality&nbsp;to the GPIB Misc VI.&nbsp; <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1C8802FDAF0EEABE86256B6000095724?OpenDocument" target="_blank">How Do I Set and Get the Status of the GPIB REN Line in LabVIEW?</a>&nbsp;is a KnowledgeBase article further expounds upon this idea.
0
x9561 (148439)

misc
b.terry@gmx.com ...

misc
> laura.biding@ntlworld.com laura.biding@ntlworld.com <laura.biding@ntlworld.com> wrote: >> > laura.biding@ntlworld.com has been plonked. -- Tad McClellan SGML consulting tadmc@augustmail.com Perl programming Fort Worth, Texas ...

How do I create Labview VISA ports for *individual* GPIB instruments using Prologix USB GPIB controller?
Hello, I'm trying to use a Prologix USB GPIB controller to control GPIB instruments, and I would like to have a virtual serial (VISA) port for *each instrument*, as is the case with a normal GPIB controller with a standard NI driver. However this is not what the Prologix driver provides -- it provides a single VISA virtual serial port for the entire controller. To address the instrument with GPIB address 11, you first send "++addr 11" to the serial port, and then you're talking to instrument 11. However, this means I have to change all old Labview programs. Is it possible to create a "wrapper" function of some kind that will define a virtual serial (VISA) port for each *instrument* on the controller? For example, to talk to GPIB instrument 11, call it ASRL3::11::INSTR, each time it is written to it would have to write to the virtual serial port of the controller, say ASRL3::INSTR, first "+ +addr 11" and then the command that is sent to it. A clearer explanation of the difference (i.e. incompatibility), and of my objective: 1) A normal GPIB controller with NI driver: I go to the NI Measurement & Instrumentation Panel, under GPIB, and Scan for Instruments; all the live instruments show up; subsequently when I want to use Labview programs that use VISA ports, the VISA drop boxes allow me to choose a different port for each instrument, e.g. "GPIB0::11::INSTR", "GPIB0::12::INSTR" would be instruments at addresse...

GPIB instruments connected through Agilent USB/GPIB Interface can bee seen in MAX but can't communicate in labview
I have an Agilent 82357B USB/GPIB Interface connected to my computer.&nbsp; Attached to that, I have two lock-in amplifiers (an SR830, and an SR 850).&nbsp; I would like to be able to communicate with them through GPIB. I have downloaded and installed the software for the Agilent device (Agilent IO Control), and I can see the interface and the two devices in that software.&nbsp; Here's what is configured in this software, that I can see: - The VISA interface ID is GPIB0, and its address is 0 - The VISA addresses of the devices are GPIB0::4::INSTR and GPIB::12::INSTR, and the GPIB addresses are 4 and 12 In Measerment and Automation Explorer (MAX), I made sure that the Passport for Tulip box was checked.&nbsp; Once it was, I could see the devices in the Configuration window under Devices and Interfaces -&gt; Miscellaneous VISA Resources.&nbsp; There, I see GPIB0::INTFC, GPIB0::4::INSTR and GPIB::12::INSTR. I can right click on either of the instruments, and "Open VISA Test Panel" where I am successfully able to send commands and read from both devices. HOWEVER, when I am running an actual LabView program, I am unable to communicate with the devices.&nbsp; For example, when I try to communicate to the devices through VISA, using the 'Basic Serial Write and Read.vi' (while VISA Resource Name is GPIB0::12::INSTR), I get an error: Error -1073807331 occurred at Property Node (arg 2) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr)...

FA: PC Misc Hardware, Misc Software, Joysticks, Zip Drive and Disks
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=steelhors e86&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50 ...

FA: PC Misc Hardware, Misc Software, Joysticks, Zip Drive and Disks #3
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=steelhorse86 ...

GPIB-USB B trouble after Labview crash
Hi, &nbsp; I have some trouble with the GPIB-USB NI interface. It works perfectly until my Labview program crashes (which is not the first time and certainly not the last). I need to kill by Windows the labview task. &nbsp; Then&nbsp;I could not manage to detect again &nbsp;the GPIB-USB (none of the two leds on the interace works), of course MAX doesn't see the interface, even after reboot. &nbsp; Any idea how to manage to un-crash the system ? &nbsp; Thanks &nbsp; Regards &nbsp; S. Normand Hello, Have you tried to reinstall or repair the drivers? If you try to plug your device on another USB port, the behavior is the same? Regards. Thanks for your help, Yes I re-install (x4) driver and NI Labview, MAX, .... If I change the USB port, the behavior is the same It seems to be be very sensitive to accidental unplug of the GPIB-USB interface from the computer. It seems also be sensitive to LAbview crash. In fact after LAbview crash, it doesn't manage to reset the vi so I have to kill the windows task, then the driver doesn't seem to work correctly and I have to re-install every thing (NI488, MAx...) which is very ennoying. Have you any idea on the VI reset conducts by Labview ? Regards, Stephane Hello Stephane, I got no Idea on the origin of that strange behavior. Is there a message returning when LabVIEW crashes or something like that? Regards. ...

misc: Unix-like permissions in a language VM
reused again, I have had some interesting arguments regarding this idea vs another security methodology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-capability_model (the person I was arguing with of course thought that the idea of using permissions checking in a VM was pointless and stupid). the basic summary of the idea below is that of making use of a UID/GID and access-rights checking scheme in a compiler and VM (sort of like a simplistic version of a Unix-like model, and also absent ACLs or similar). note that these UID/GID pairs would be local to the VM hosting the app, and are not the same as what may be used by the host OS, and would generally apply to pieces of code, rather than to human users (each module and thread could have different access rights). note the language in question is a personally-developed language related somewhat to JavaScript and ActionScript (and mostly implements ECMA-262 5th Ed), and mostly intended for app scripting (sort of like Python or Lua or similar...). basically, I am gathering general opinions (good idea? stupid idea? ...). --- [reused from an email of mine] well, ok, this is currently mostly about my own language, but I figured it might be relevant/interesting. the basic idea is this: not all code may be from trusted sources. consider, say, code comes from the internet. what is a "good" way of enforcing security in such a case? first obvious thing seems to be to disallow any features which could directly...

Using GPIB-USB HS with Labview 3.1
Hi, I have a old computer with Labview 3.1 and Windown 3.1, and the GPIB card in the old computer is broken. I am using Labview to make some measurements via GPIB. So I switched to a new computer and I am still using the old vi with the conversion kit from NI (which I can run Labview 3.1 in Windows XP) I also bought the GPIB-USB HS, and installed it. &nbsp; The problem now is that there is a GPIB function in Labview 3.1 which I need to tell it the address of the GPIB. After switching to the GPIB-USB HS, I dont know what is the address. It doesnt show in any port # in the device manager. I also tried from 0~127, and none of them works. &nbsp; &nbsp; Do I need to modify anything in the vi of Labview 3.1? And how do I find out the address of the GPIB-USB HS? &nbsp; Thanks I have the conversion package from NI. I haven't tried to convert it yet, because I think there will be lots of problems after conversion. &nbsp; I attached the library anyway. &nbsp; Thanks for you help. CVSTUFF.LLB: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/240349/1/CVSTUFF.LLB Hey Bui, &nbsp; Regarding the issue about finding the address, you should be able to click on the GPIB0 in MAX, and it should display the image. I've attached both a screenshot of MAX, and the labVIEW&lt;-&gt;GPIB.vi&nbsp; that you can find in labVIEW. It's a simple program that does communication with a GPIB device. If you go to labVIEW and open the menu, Help-&gt;Find Examples...

misc, refocus: new possible lang idea, BSC
this is a misc and hypothetical idea: IMO all this is unlikely to move much beyond a personal effort. well, I have been beating together a C compiler, and also ended up thinking some about my script lang, integration, ... in this, I have come up with a new possible idea: I don't fully implement C, per se, but technically a different language that just happens to be mostly backwards compatible and can link directly with C (and the existing C runtime, another goal). so, the name BSC will mean BGB-Script/C, or a kind of hybrid (my current script lang is called BGB-Script, and sort of...

Why does LabView only find new plugged USB-GPIB Devices after restarting?
Hello, I'm new here, I've found the thread about reloading the Visa device list but in my case I found no solution in it.&nbsp; So I post this question:My goal is to find unplugged and plugged GPIB devices during runtime of my apllication. I checked using "Find VISA Resources" but it does not work. Only after closing the program and restarting, new plugged devices will be found.This is not a problem off a special deviec it occurs with all devices I use. Is there a solution, that I can find all GPIB and COM devices which are atteched at my computer??Thanks for answers.David Hi David, I tried this with the attached VI and it works. Findresource.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/345813/1/Findresource.vi ...

Misc info on Clarion compared with other database environments (like VFP or Access)
Hi, I'm a developer with about 15 years of programming, starting from DOS to Windows and Linux, and using a broad range of programming environments across the time, from Turbo Pascal, C and C++ in different flavours, from FoxBase+ to latest Visual FoxPro, many versions of dBase, Access, some web developement with ASP, PHP, ASP.NET, etc, but never used Clarion before. Lately I got a request to develop a project in this environment. I'll appreciate any comments and thoughts about it, and maybe some comparations with other languages I told I already know (especially with those database ...

Something like FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? Parallel -> USB with real USB 2.0 bandwidth ?
Hello, is there a chip, in functionality like a FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? I found on websites mentioning the FT245BM compatible for USB 2.0, but i think they don't use USB 2.0, because transfer rate is "only" 1 MByte/s, which looks like high speed USB. Is there a faster parallel USB chip, which achieves more than 1 MByte / s ? I think with USB 2.0 there must be at least a factor of 10 to this speed ? Regards, Martin "Martin Maurer" <capiman@clibb.de> wrote in news:c26q04$kkf$04$1@news.t-online.com: > Hello, > > is there a chip, in functional...

can LabView talk to USB devices by PC USB?
We have USB hardware that connects to the PC via the USB port which I would control by LV. Does a pll is exiting for this type of application? I am far from being quaified to answer this, but I can tell you this much. Due to the low level nature of USB, LabVIEW has no way of talking to a generic USB device. If the devices is one of the standard classes (Human Interface Device for example), then there are Win32 functions you can call - although I have no clue where these are located. If not, you almost always need drivers for the device which provide custom DLLs. If you do not have this th...

USB 6009 / USB 6210 with LabVIEW 7 Express
Hi all, Firstly apologies if this question has been posted before and also apologies if it seems rather trivial. I?m an amateur also at things like this! Anyway I want to use Labview 7 express with USB - 6009 / USB 6210. i have LV 7 Express along with MAX 3.5 , where as i m using NI PCI&nbsp; XXXX with this software configeration n providing solutions to different end use there fore not able to change the plateform. i recentely got the USB 6009 ( qty = 2 ) and USB 6210 ( qty = 1 ) along with the drivers CDs but these drivers r for LV 7.1 or above version.Thus plz help me by providing the right drivers for the LV 7 express with MAX 3.5 Thanks for all your help and hopefully I've made myself clear in what I want to find out. ...

misc for sale
I don't set prices - make an offer in email, and if we agree, the item is yours. If anything is still unwanted after a couple weeks, then it's ebay, another couple weeks it's the dumpster. Apple SCSI card Apple IIe card, plus the elusive cable I have several Macs this can go in, the most interesting a Performa 575. Get it all in one footprint. AppleMouse II card (for IIe, II+, and II), new in box SCSI Zip drive (100), new in box (I have 2 SCSI) Hayes Accura V.92 external faxmodem, new in box DOS Compatibility Card for Power Mac 6100 or Performa 6100, new in box (includes 486DX2/66 processor + MSDos 6.22 and Windows 3.1) Don't have a PowerMac 6100? I have a PowerMac 6100/66 I can ship with this. I also have a brand new Apple II drive, as well as a brand new half-height Tecmate compatible, both from UC storeroom. Each of these comes with the Apple floppy ribbon cable. Several Mac LCs and a 605 On 8/14/2013 4:19 PM, Mike Spurgeon wrote: > I don't set prices - make an offer in email, and if we agree, the item > is yours. If anything is still unwanted after a couple weeks, then it's > ebay, another couple weeks it's the dumpster. > > Apple SCSI card > > Apple IIe card, plus the elusive cable I have several Macs this can > go in, the most interesting a Performa 575. Get it all in one footprint. > > AppleMouse II card (for IIe, II+, an...

misc FS
The following items are for sale. Any and all offers considered. I am in Cleveland on the west side near Fairview. Gravis Mac Moustick II joystick for Mac ADB Texas Instruments TI-994A with speech synth., cartidges, games, manuals, exc. cond Macintosh Classic-actually was never even used. Have mouse and keyboard. Brand new 12"x12" Calcomp Drawingboard II digitizer for non-power Mac(no pen)...........Paid $250.00 still in box Other tablets-Calcomps Beta test units. Umax Vista S6E Scanner w/ SCSI card 5-1/4" internal floppy drive(I don't k...

misc: MPEG...
well, as I have discovered, the MPEG1 spec (ITU-T H.262-2000) is freely available. this is cool in any case. was reading over this beast... looks like a hassle to implement... actually, once again (like JPEG), the decoder looks like a lot more work than the encoder. lots of options. some of the complexity of JPEG is removed, and new complexity is added. oh well, luckily in this case, I was more intending on an encoder, and if I really wanted to be lazy, I could just emit pure I-frames (in effect, using it as a crappy replacement for my current MJPEG AVI output). with a decoder, it is...

misc: a wiki...
well, I have a wiki here: http://cr88192.dyndns.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page basically, if anyone wants to add contents, say WRT mentioning ones' own projects, or expanding out general technical topics (preferably in a Wikipedia-like manner), this could be cool, provided people remain civilized (please, no spamming or editing large numbers of pages to point ones' pet-projects, ...). relevant topics: languages and language design; compiler and VM implementation strategies. ideally, where possible, topics should remain implementation agnostic (as in, one can talk about how a given feature may be implemented or its relation to other features, but to be avoided is to have general topics defined primarily in terms of a particular VM implementation or language). information about specific implementations thus better belongs in articles dedicated to them. note that this is technically my personal wiki, rather than a community wiki per-se, and it is running on a laptop sitting in my house, so no guarantees how long it will remain up. also, I am exempt from the rules above (since it is my personal wiki, I can link to my own stuff if and whenever I want to, although I may refrain from this partly as a matter of being in good taste...). I just sort of put it up last month, mostly as I went and downloaded MediaWiki and put it on my server. I am not sure what ever happened to the whole "comp.lang.misc wiki" thing, as I haven't heard much abo...

Misc questions
For the IBM compilers, can XN and XU constants contain a period (Hex/Decimal Point) to indicate a scaling factor? I don't have a PL/I compiler to test this and the documentation is unclear to me. Also, the manuals refer to "?" as a macro trigger character, but I can find no other information about this. Is there any real use of the "?" character in PL/I, other than in a character string constant? Finally, the PL1 list at Dartmouth appears to be dead. Does anyone have any information about this? Are there any other active lists? Thanks. zzq wrote: > For the IBM compilers, can XN and XU constants contain a period (Hex/Decimal > Point) to indicate a scaling factor? I don't have a PL/I compiler to test > this and the documentation is unclear to me. A strict reading of the documentation says no. > Also, the manuals refer to "?" as a macro trigger character, but I can find > no other information about this. Is there any real use of the "?" character > in PL/I, other than in a character string constant? It is a mystery. -- John W. Kennedy "The bright critics assembled in this volume will doubtless show, in their sophisticated and ingenious new ways, that, just as /Pooh/ is suffused with humanism, our humanism itself, at this late date, has become full of /Pooh./" -- Frederick Crews. "Postmodern Pooh", Preface Although xn and xu are "binary fixed point constants&quo...

csa.misc
*plonk* 100+ messages a day of complete and utter shit just isn't worth it. Peter On Mon, 12 May 2008 04:02:14 -0700, Peter Howkins wrote: > *plonk* > > 100+ messages a day of complete and utter shit just isn't worth it. Are you referring to the whole, or a specific subset? ;-) B. In article <0c3b3ac0-0bea-4b62-a6b0-a8361074c46a@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, Peter Howkins <marutan@gmail.com> wrote: > *plonk* > 100+ messages a day of complete and utter shit just isn't worth it. Might I suggest using Newshound and using the following filters:- ...

misc: any point to this?
I am new here, so I don't know how this group does things... not too long ago (about the end of 2005) for my own uses I went and wrote a 3d animation program. all in all it works ok (does what I need, eg, basic animating tasks). note, it is not online, but my intent is to make it available (well, with most of my other stuff) under the gpl at some point (problem: it just takes too long to upload stuff to sourceforge, and my projects tend to get large enough to make this unmanagable...). note: most of my code is plain c. I did venture into c++ land a few times, but had...

Misc manuals
More from my friends pile: Apple II ProDOS User's Manual (1983) - slightly ragged on the corners. Apple II BASIC Programming Manual (1978) - good condition - 2 each. Disk Operating System Instructional and Reference Manual DOS 3.2 version (1979) - good condition. Like the other items, if there is any interest, I'll pass it on to my friend. ...

Misc about Emulators
Hi All!!! I got about 27 emulators, but it's so pitty cause I can't find Basic Manuals on Internet. And I like to run my emulators in my MS-DOS 6.22 computer, it's fun to run emulators, coding Basic and so on. Regards Mikael Lj Hi All Hackers!!! I does not run all Emulators i MS-DOS, I run some i Windows. But I like to run them in MS-DOS. And I like to code some older Basic, it's fun to do that. Regards Mikael Lj ...

Web resources about - TCPIP USB MISC LIKE GPIB MISC - comp.lang.labview

tcpip
Them kids with those Arduinos don’t know what they’re missing. A serial connection is just too easy, and there’s so much fun to be had with low ...

Bogdan Alecu (@msecnet) on Twitter

Windows Vista networking technologies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It includes native implementation of IPv6, as well as complete overhaul of IPv4. The new TCP/IP stack uses a new method to store configuration ...

FAQ - BitSpirit

Default Time To Live (TTL) values
TTL is a timer value included in packets sent over TCP/IP-based networks that tells the recipients how long to hold or use the packet or any ...

Most Useful Mess Of Wires: GPS Bus Notifier
Alright so I havent posted in a while, and the novelty of the wm+ has worn off. I dont have the funding to start a drone project right now, mainly ...

Getting The Apple ][e on the web. - Brandon Hockle's Blog
Got the Apple ][e onto the web to check out the nice Hackaday Retro edition today. It is basically working with the serial interface I mentioned ...

Single-Chip Front-End DOCSIS® 2.0+ IC for HD DVR Set-Tops and Media Centers - BCM3255 - Broadcom
Broadcom's ICs provide the solution for the next generation HD DVR set-top box products. Main sections include a front end (tuners, QAM and DOCSIS) ...

教你制作TCP/IP网络启动盘_网络_比特网
大家都知道,在Windows操作系统的计算机上安装一块网卡,系统就会自动在桌面上创建“网上邻居”图标,双击这个图标,我们就可以共享局域网上其他计算机的资源了。 教你制作TCP/IP网络启动盘