Time in LabVIEW DAQ Assistant and Write LabVIEW file

Hello all,
I would be extremely grateful for your assistance in helping me understand the timing in LabVIEW.
Here are the details of the system. The data acquisition is done using a simple LabVIEW 8.2 based program consisting of a DAQ Assistant VI and a Write to Measurement File VI, which writes data in TDM format (binary with XML header).
The hardware consists of a 1042Q chassis that contains 2 PXI-6133 cards. 16 transducers are connected to these 8 channel cards. The chassis is connected to a PC by means of MXI-4 fiber optic cable and a PCI-8336 card.

I would like to sample all 16 channels simultaneously at 500 kS/s for 2 secs. or 1MS/s for 0.5 secs.
When the signals were sampled at 500kS/s x 2secs., the time column looks like this when opened on DIAdem.

Serial#   Time   Time(in secs. when displayed in number format with 8 decimals)
1     07/10/2007 00:09:42.1406     63351158982.14060800
14   07/10/2007 00:09:42.1407     63351158982.14069760
64   07/10/2007 00:09:42.1408     63351158982.14080000
109 07/10/2007 00:09:42.1409     63351158982.14090240
etc.

The time does not change from serial 1 to 13, and only at the 14th row does it change, after which it remains constant till the 63rd row, and then  it remains the same till row 108, and so on. I understand that the time displayed in the format "63351158982.14069760" is the total number of seconds since 0 A.D.
But why does the time step not change at 0.000 002 seconds intervals? When an operation was performed in DIAdem to find the difference between the individual time values, the time steps were different from one pair of rows to another, e.g., 4us, -4us, -6us, etc. (u=micro).

A similar "non-uniform time step" trend is seen when sampling at 1MS/s also.

Is the system multiplexing the sampling of signals from the 16 channels, rather than taking simultaneous sampling of all 16 channels at one point in time? (I think this is the case.) How is the time step determined by the system?

How do I estimate the uncertainty in the determination of time? Where do I look for the uncertainty information for the DAQ system?

Evidently, I am perplexed. If anyone can point me in the right direction(s), I'd be very grateful. Thank you all for your time.
Philip
0
x9561 (148466)

If i have a labview .vi file(and labview) but i want to open it in a computer that doesn't have labview, how would i do it??
Okay, i have a made a labview program and save it as.vi.   Let's say that it is a program that when opened and you hit run it shows a sine wave.   Now if i wanted to open up the program without Labview, ( i don't need to modify it) on a computer that doesn't have labview. How would i go about doing this??   Thanks, K ...

change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW
change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW hi, I am Interfacing a FrameGrabber with LabVIEW using a frame grabber SDK(dll). The memory managment of this FG allow you to allocate your own Array and to give a pointer to this Array to the memory manager. Then when you acquire with the frame grabber, the acquired image will be directly accessible in your array. 1.I give to the FG memory manager a pointer to the Labview array through a SDK Dll function. 2. I run the acquisition 3. I display the array My problem is that the Array is allways displayed with it initial val...

LabVIEW real time vs LabVIEW desktop
By my understanding, compact field point need LabVIEW real time. My question is: Does LabVIEW real time have the same function as the desktop LabVIEW? For Example, LabVIEW PDA module has less function than the desktop LabVIEW. Yes you have the same functionality as LV. You can develop like normally in LV and then you will target a real time system. This will then download the vi that you created and allow you to run this vi on the target. ...

Re: LabVIEW and LabVIEW RT?
Hello Iman, I will try to illustrate it with an example since it all will depend on the type of application you would like to implement. Let's say you would like to implement an application where you log data, maybe exchange data with databases and you acquire a bunch of data points at a time not performing any type of control and where high determinism is not needed. In this case LabVIEW for Windows work great. If you on the other hand would like to implement a closed-loop application where you need high determinism and reliability and will acquire data point by point you would use LabVIEW RT which is an add-on to LabVIEW. I.e. you need LabVIEW + LabVIEW RT when developing an RT application. ...

Labview 8 crashes when using Read Labview Measurement File
Hi All,   I am a new user for Labview. I installed Labview 8.0 from the CD (evaluation copy). I was just testing the sample code provided by NI. I opened the "Load from File and Display" example and I was trying to open the properties for the Read Labview Measurement File component when Labview crashed. I tried it a couple of times and everytime it happens the same way (when I double click the component or right click on it). I am using Windows XP with all the updates done. In the Windows crash report, the application version is 8.0.0.4005.   Other problem ...

opening a labview 8.5 file with labview 8.21
Hello,I was working on a project at home with labview 8.21, I nearly finished this project but I addes some stuff at school where they have labview 8.5.Today I wanted to open the labview file on my computer, but It gave an error: labview load error 9: Vi version 8.5 is newer then labVIEW version 8.2.1.Is there any way I can open the file on my computer?Or can I save the file at school als a 8.2.1 file? thnx in advance,Seppe Hi Seppe, just save it in school using "Save to previous" from the file menu... You'll have to reopen the file on a computer with LV 8.5.  From there you can do a Save as Previous Version to save back to LV 8.2.1 Hi Seppe, if you have LabView 8.5 you can save your vi for previous verions (8.2.1 and 8.0)Mike ok, thnx for all the correct answers ! ...

How do you read old Macintosh LabView files in LabView 6.1 for the PC?
I have a LabView application written for a version of LabView that ran on a Macintosh IIci that is no longer in operation. This Labview application is approximately 5 years old. We have LabView 6.1 for the PC. Is there some way to read the old Macintosh LabView files in LabView 6.1 for the PC? How would you recommend getting the files from the Macintosh platform to the PC? LabVIEW has been cross platform since version 3 (partially in version 2.2 and 2.5). LV 6.1 was not around 5 years ago, so the Mac application is probably in an older version. Generally a 1 or 2 version update just requ...

LabVIEW
Hi ALL, I am a new user of LabVIEW. I have been assigned to acquire a signal from a sensor at a car. However, all these signals must be filtered. But I am not sure, what type of filter most powerful. Besides, as I know, different type of signal needs differenct type of filter. Anybody can help me to solve my problems. Your kind cooperation is highly appreciated. Regards, M. Firdaus, France Fird wrote: > Hi ALL, > I am a new user of LabVIEW. > I have been assigned to acquire a signal from a sensor at a car. > However, all these signals must be filtered. ...

read text file through Labview and then write to an excel file
Hello,   I am relatively new with using Labview. I was wondering what would be a general method of reading data from a text file (words, sentences, numbers, and etc.) and making Labview write it on an Excel file.   Thanks Ivan ...

Can't get labview to write continiously to spreadsheet, writes one column each time program is run, then appends data the next time it is run.
I am attempting to write load cell, linear transducer and time stamp to EXCEL. Due to the limited room in EXCEL I have a sample rate of 10/second. This is accomplished by setting the DAQ assistant to one sample (HW timed) in the acquisition mode of the task timer. A wait timer set at a loop rate of 1000 millaseconds is included in the "while" loop to slow the sampling rate down. This works well. Now the data is taken outside of the loop and entered into a "build array" block and then into a "write to spreadsheet" block. This generates only one row of&...

I need convert LabVIEW 4.0 files to LabVIEW 8.5. Can it be done?
I am running LV8.5. I am upgrading and/or converting an old legacy system. All I have is the disk with the VIs from the old system. I do not have an older version of LV installed.   I can install all the way back to version 5.1. But I am concerned, can LV8.5 convert 5.1? The real question is what is the earliest version of LV that 8.5 will convert and will that version convert 4.0.1?   I have to imagine this has been done. With all the legacy systems going obsolete. This should be a common need.     Thanks for all of the responses. I have about 500+ VIs to convert. I would not be able to post them because of the nature of the projet but thanks for the suggestion. I have to imagine that someone in the office has 8.2 still floating around. I do not want to go back to 6 or 7. I will hunt for an older machine in the AM. Maybe a good job for an intern. Thanks Dave   ...

LabVIEW 8.2 -- "unable to locate LabView run-time" error message
I am trying to run a LabVIEW version 8 exe file and keep getting the "Unable to locate" error. I downloaded LabVIEW_8.2_Runtime_Engine.exe from the NI website and installed the entire contents of the distribution. After getting the error, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, with the same result. Is there some way I can troubleshoot this? Is there a configuration file or a registry entry I can check to see where LabVIEW is looking for the run-time? ...

can anyone provide me the suitable material for labview fpga &labview real time??

Labview.lib was not calld from a labview process
I am working with our labview programers to create a Labview DLL that will be called from Labview and VB6. The code works fine with Labview but I keep getting Fatal Error: Labview.lib was not calld from a labview process. I have checked the versions of development software and the runtime versions that we are using and they matche 8.0.1. We have also preformed a mass compile of the DLL with no change. &nbsp; Are there any other steps that we can take to solve this problem??? &nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A4C3AEF93240280A86256931006FB66C?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A4C3AEF93240280A86256931006FB66C?OpenDocument</a> &nbsp;Just to make sure you know of this article, I hope its a new one and else we can look further.<a href="http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about566915.html" target="_blank">http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about566915.html</a> Another discussion regarding the same error message.<a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A4C3AEF93240280A86256931006FB66C?OpenDocument" target="_blank"></a> Message Edited by andre.buurman@carya on 06-04-2008 08:02 PM <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=127655&amp;query.id=62975#M127655" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=...

Calling a LabView DLL from a Labview VI
Hi, I have a vi that is calling a Labview DLL and they both have a same subVI. If I drop that SubVI into the block diagram first then drop in the Call Library Function Node, when I run the VI, the DLL would not work and it did not give me any error. Does anyone know how fix this problem with Labview? or is there some configuration that I can force the all of that SubVI points into the DLL. Thanks for your help, Dan ...

how to make my labview codings as a package for labview
Hello NI, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I made drivers for some thrid party instruments, which is compatable for serial port and&nbsp;Ethernet.&nbsp;I have several vi's for that i cant able to share these vi's to my friends. i just want to build one package of my driver, also i want to install these package to labview user library. &nbsp; Tell me some good suggestion for this. &nbsp; With&nbsp;warm regards, Balaji DP Application Engineer, Gantner&nbsp;Instruments.&nbsp; The easiest way is to do a development distribution (File&gt;&gt;Save As. If your needs are more complex, you can also try <a href="http://jkisoft.com/vipm/" target="_blank">VIPM</a>. I don't&nbsp;think the free version can do this, but it's worth it just for getting the OpenG code. where i can find this development distribution ? is there option available in labview? If you re using LV versions &gt; 7.x, you can create an LLB by using the option Save As... in the Files menu. You have to just open the top-level VI of that driver (or something) &amp; go on to build the LLB. All other VIs will get added/bundled into it automatically. :smileyhappy: In LV 7.x, I think it ll be under the Tools &gt;&gt; Build Source Distribution menu... balaji_dp@yahoo.com wrote:Hello NI, &nb...

Installation of LabView 8 after LabView 6
Good afternoon everybody, &nbsp; I've got a big problem with LabView. The fact is that I begin with this software... I've just installed LabView 8 on a computer where LabView 6 was installed. Once the installation finished, I tried to launch a VI That was developped under the old version. &nbsp; The problem is that two VI can't be found : - AI Sample Channel.vi - AI Acquire Waveform.vi Therefore, I can't use anymore the program that was working before... What is the solution to get everything ok please ? Thank you very much ! SylvianTriquigneaux, the VI will now...

can anyone provide me the suitable material for labview fpga &amp;labview real time?? #2
&nbsp;Message Edited by Sithu on 05-27-2008 04:33 AM duplicate post. Continue <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;thread.id=326521" target="_blank">here</a> ...

write LabView measurement file
Hello I am traing to save s signal with the help of WRITE LABVIEW measurement fiel. How do I limit the file size? I want a file of 2 Mb, but I only recive a file of 21 kB. I also tried with Open/replace/create , write, close functions, but also don't know how to make the limit ( 2Mb) &nbsp; If someone knows please help. &nbsp; &nbsp; Boris Hi Boris, When you double click on the "Write to LabVIEW Measurement File.vi" a configuration window appears. In this window one of the options you can select is "Save to series of files (multiple files)". Once this opt...

Error Code &quot;1097.....this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory..........&quot; appears after exit the labview and re-start labview
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a probelm when I use the "tool/import shared library(.dll)" wizard&nbsp;to generate the&nbsp;API from C. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The API &nbsp;works correctly when I complete the wizard, but after I exit labview and re-start labview to run&nbsp;the API&nbsp;again. The error 1097 code "......this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory.............."appears. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The only solution now is to re-generate or update the wizard to&nbsp;generate the API. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I try to find the answer in &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/58596F5D41CE8EFB862562AF0074E04C?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/58596F5D41CE8EFB862562AF0074E04C?OpenDocument</a>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The paragraph in above article shows ........................... &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "LabVIEW does not crash until it is closedThe most likely problem is that the DLL function being called has corrupted th...

LabVIEW Documentation Survey: LabVIEW Fundamentals Manual
The LabVIEW Documenation team is conducting a survey to assess certain aspects of the LabVIEW Fundamentals manual. &nbsp; This survey will be used to evaluate and improve the LabVIEW documentation. This survey will be used for research purposes only. &nbsp; The LabVIEW Fundamentals manual describes LabVIEW programming concepts, techniques, features, VIs, and functions you can use to create LabVIEW applications. &nbsp; Please click the link below if you would like to participate in the survey. <a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=F36U605c9ZlsCbDGIePr9A_3d_3d" target="_blank">http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=F36U605c9ZlsCbDGIePr9A_3d_3d</a> <a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=AqLMsyCycYCxWDf570GIFw_3d_3d" target="_blank"></a> Are you looking for real feedback or is the survey all you want? If you want real feedback let me know. Ben ...

labview 8.0 to labview 7.0
Hi, Can somebody save the below VIs in LV 8.0&nbsp;for LV 7.0, please... ?! Find Power Interrupt Time.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335061/1/Find Power Interrupt Time.vi Remove Element(s) from Array.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335061/2/Remove Element(s) from Array.vi Hi Partha,Here are the VIs in LV7.0.Have a nice day Find Power Interrupt Time.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335070/1/Find Power Interrupt Time.vi Remove Element(s) from Array.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/335070/2/Remove Element(s) from Array.vi ...

Driver paths in Labview no DAQ Assist
Hello, I am new to LabView and I recently installed the student edittion of Labview 8.5. For some unknown, crazy reason i did not install this to the default drive path, ie C:program files\ etc but to another drive on the computer, ie E:.Now the problem is that i need to use the DAQ Assistant for my USB-6008 board. I have installed the the NI drivers which came with it and the board works fine in MAX, recognises it and i can get temp readings from the circuit i built. When I try to use Labview I cannot find the DAQ Assist in the Input section on the palette.Could some please help me. My mate gave me a file he did on his Labview but when i try to load it starts looking for DABmx Control Task and a whole host of other files.Much appreaciated for any help in this matter.Lee Hi Lee Its cool to install things into different places on your drive - sometimes its essential. there is also an easy solution to your problem. What you have at the moment is different drivers and programs spread around your computer with no links to each other so they are unable to reference each other. To create these links yopu will need to mass compile. Within LabVIEW go to the tools menu and then select Advanced&gt;&gt;Mass compile. This will bring up a window that will allow you to select a directory. Select the directory that you have saved all your DAQmx drivers and then select mass compile. This should allow you to see all the VIs in the correct menus within labVIEW. I hope this is of some ...

timing in labview
Hi First of all I?m new to labview, so excuse me if I?m not putting this right, but I?m trying to explained as much I can. &nbsp; I build a K8055 board. Basically its some kind of I/O board that can be connected to the PC through a USB port. The board is provided with VB demo application and a DLL file that can be called to communicate with the board. &nbsp; I started creating VI to run the board using CALL LIBRARY FUNCTION so it can read/write to the board. So far I managed to initial the connection to the board, read the analogue inputs and write to the digital outputs. The problem is that the VI takes a long time to execute the functions while it?s executed instantly in VB application. &nbsp; Any information would help me to build this application right would be appreciated Project.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/146158/1/Project.vi ...

Web resources about - Time in LabVIEW DAQ Assistant and Write LabVIEW file - comp.lang.labview

Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Shipbuilding and Logistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Shipbuilding and Logistics) was a civilian office in the United States Department of the Navy . The Assistant ...

Harvard Law professor & former Obama special assistant dismisses FBI’s claims – “the law is clear”
Harvard Law professor Susan Crawford and former special assistant to President Obama has written a blog post setting out the reason why she believes ...

Don't take super tax breaks for granted, says assistant treasurer
The objective of superannuation should be to ensure all Australians are "financially confident" in retirement, the peak body for super funds ...

Air Force assistant vice chief fired over unprofessional relationship
AirForceTimes.com Air Force assistant vice chief fired over unprofessional relationship AirForceTimes.com The Air Force assistant vice-chief ...

Google’s DeepMind AI wants to make your smartphone virtual assistant better
“Go has always been a holy grail for AI research,” DeepMind founder Demis Hassabis told The Verge in an interview following AlphaGo's first victory ...

Grebosz promoted to assistant city manager in DeLand
The DeLand-Deltona Beacon Grebosz promoted to assistant city manager in DeLand The DeLand-Deltona Beacon Formerly the assistant to City Manager ...

Cal to face familiar friend in Hawaii assistant Montgomery
BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) — When California's season ended, John Montgomery reached out to a handful of his former players and wished them a deep, ...

Robotic assistant makes you glad Siri is just a voice
Anyone who’s been wringing their hands in anticipation of the day we’ll each have a physical, robotic assistant to schedule our days and keep ...

Cal Investigation Finds Assistant Coach Sexually Harassed Reporter Who Accused Him Of Trying To Trade ...
Yesterday, the University of California-Berkeley fired assistant basketball coach Yann Hufnagel for violating the school’s sexual harassment ...

Personal Digital Assistants Not Always Helpful in Emergencies: Study
While personal digital assistants can help users find stores and services, new research suggests these devices shouldn't be used to find help ...