time stamp to number conversion

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi All,

I notice in Labview 7.0 the 'Get Date/Time to Seconds' and 'Seconds to
Date/Time' now output a Time Stamp rather than actual seconds.
There is a 'To Time Stamp" standard vi in the conversion pallet that
converts a number (seconds) to a time stamp but I really need to
convert from a Time Stamp to real seconds.
Does anyone have a vi that might do this or is there something already
in LabVIEW 7.0 I have overlooked?

Many Thanks in Advance for your help.

Sammy Mason
0
Reply x9561 (148609) 5/19/2004 4:29:45 PM

See related articles to this posting

Use the Get Date/Time in Seconds widget.
Connect it to a "To Double Precision Float" conversion to get the time
(since 1904) in seconds.

Les Hammer
0
Reply x9561 (148609) 5/19/2004 5:08:24 PM

Thank you very much for the help! :)

Sammy
0
Reply x9561 (148609) 5/20/2004 8:15:43 AM
comp.lang.labview 35386 articles. 12 followers. Post

[PageSpeed] 3/28/2014 6:52:12 PM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Re: time stamp to number conversion
If I  need days I take the result and divide by 86400, the number of seconds in a day.  If you are working with UTC time stamps and you want to convert it dividing by the units it the only way i have seen.   What do you mean when you say you need seconds from the time stamp?  I have some time VI I have made that may be of some help if I understood what you were looking for.   Best Regards Tim C. ...

Number to Time Conversion
is it possible in sql to convert a 6 digit integer in to a time field with out converting to character and then substringing e.g 161201 to 16:12:01 SELECT TIME('00:00:00') + CAST(int6 AS DEC(6,0)) "Time" FROM (VALUES 161201) Q(int6); ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Time -------- 16:12:01 1 record(s) selected. OR SELECT TIME('00:00:00') + (int6/10000) Hours + MOD(int6/100, 100) Minutes + MOD(int6, 100) Seconds AS "TIME" FROM (VALUES 161201) Q(int6); --------------...

how to get time stamp as a number
The get date/time vi gives time stamp in string or cluster. I want time stamp as number because i have to give time stamp number to a build array along with another number. How do i get this , say for example time as 14.32 > The get date/time vi gives time stamp in string or cluster. I want > time stamp as number because i have to give time stamp number to a > build array along with another number. How do i get this , say for > example time as 14.32 One of the many possibility is divide string "14.23" on String>Search and Replace function : -> 'string' con...

tcp conversation with time stamps?
I am trying to analyse the performance of a web based user interface (JSP, if you care...) I have succesfully captured a session's packets to a file, using tcpdump. Viewing the packets in ethereal is impresive, but confusing(since I'm not a network guru). Ethereal's "analyze->Follow TCP Stream" gives me an almost perfect dump, which corresponds to my (application level) understanding of the communication between client/server. Lovely. But sadly, from my performance analysis requirment the one thing missing from "follow TCP stream" is timestamps. So; can...

Conversion of ISO Date-stamps into Weekday Numbers
HOW TO COMPUTE THE DAY OF THE WEEK FOR DATE-STAMPS FROM A.D. 1 TO 4246 - using Hans Lachman's Method of Congruence as optimised below - Strictly adhering to Lachman's Maxim (Complexity is a diseconomy of scale), this method was designed to run SUPERbly as a stand-alone procedure, when the MOST basic of computer is the only resource--meaning no values needed from user tables or system calls, no floating point nor integer variables, and minimal operating system functionality beyond superBASIC as a command- line interpreter. It is valid for (historical) Julian dates as o...

Regarding Time conversion, secondly number comparison
Hi, I am working on awk programming which is similar to C programming and have got a doubt about time function returning a float value. Ex: 01:01:30 should return 61.5 when i have tried my way i am not able to get the seconds value (30/60=0.5) So can anyone give me ideas, throught which i can do similar coding in AWK programming. Secondly i am comparing two number. Ex: 91402777777 is the dialled number and the area code is 91 (Which has got calculation needed to be done upon comparing. When i was doing the string comparison it was matching number 9 and putting the local rate calculations, but...

Re: Conversion of ISO Date-stamps into Weekday Numbers
HOW TO COMPUTE THE DAY OF THE WEEK FOR DATE-STAMPS 10010101 TO 99991231 - using Hans Lachman's Method of Congruence as generalised below - Strictly adhering to Lachman's Maxim (Complexity is a diseconomy of scale), this method is designed to run superbly as a stand-alone subroutine, when the most basic of computer is the only resource--meaning no values needed from user tables or system calls, and no floating point variables. Although using a processor more sophisticated than found on four-function calculators, this method is simpler to execute than Hans' original Me...

Finding a number in a text file and showing the corresponding time stamp.
Hi there, I have been given a text file with numbers in this format "1st value,2nd value, name, time" and there are 1000s of such numbers. Now I have been given 2 numbers which are the 1st and 2nd value, i need to find the corresponding name and time. Can anyone please help me on how I could achieve this please. Thank you very much. you can create a index based on the combination of your first two values such as "1stvalue_2ndvalue", and the "name" and "time" are the values of that index. When you have a give pair of 1st value and 2nd value...

Conversion of time-stamp into string produce 1 h offset
Hello,since I upgraded from 8.1 to 8.5.1 the "format into string" function gives a 1 h offset compared to the time-stamp input (see picture in the doc). The attached SubVI's are running on a Fieldpoint system. The fieldpoints are set to a local time with automatical DST changing disabled. The timeserver is also running without DST changing.  I found this penomenon only with the fieldpoints. On the normal PC the subVI works fine.Maybe I should think about another conversion possibility, but this problem wasn't there before upgrading (never touch a running system???......