time stamp to number conversion

Hi All,

I notice in Labview 7.0 the 'Get Date/Time to Seconds' and 'Seconds to
Date/Time' now output a Time Stamp rather than actual seconds.
There is a 'To Time Stamp" standard vi in the conversion pallet that
converts a number (seconds) to a time stamp but I really need to
convert from a Time Stamp to real seconds.
Does anyone have a vi that might do this or is there something already
in LabVIEW 7.0 I have overlooked?

Many Thanks in Advance for your help.

Sammy Mason
0
x9561 (148623)
5/19/2004 4:29:45 PM
comp.lang.labview 35389 articles. 14 followers. vasusachin24 (1) is leader. Post Follow

[PageSpeed] 7/29/2015 5:57:05 PM
Use the Get Date/Time in Seconds widget.
Connect it to a "To Double Precision Float" conversion to get the time
(since 1904) in seconds.

Les Hammer
0
x9561 (148623)
5/19/2004 5:08:24 PM
Thank you very much for the help! :)

Sammy
0
x9561 (148623)

Waveform Timestamp -> DBL conversion
I'm using the [DBL -> TimeStamp] conversion VI to modify the t0 property of= a waveform. This technique was taken from NI-Scope Express.vi, and sets t= he relative display position of a plot on a waveform graph. <br><br>The pr= oblem is that this seems to be a one way conversion and it is not possible = to recover the DBL value from the converted TimeStamp. Not only is there n= o available VI to perform the reverse [TimeStamp -> DBL] conversion, but no= property of the TimeStamp shows that the value is changing (I used a probe= with not only the value, but everythin...

Pause a simulation time
Hi, I am using Simulink to build my model. Would it be possible to pause the simulation time under certain condition ? I use Real Time Workshop. thanks Meng Meng wrote: > > > Hi, > > I am using Simulink to build my model. > Would it be possible to pause the simulation time under certain > condition ? > I use Real Time Workshop. > > thanks > Meng Check the below <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=7907&objectType=File> pathan wrote: > > > Meng wrote: >> >> >> Hi, >> >>...

[News] Time for GNU/Linux in a Depressed Industry

diff the sym function ( unknown function) and calculatate it by number
I have function : function f syms t q2 q=sym('q(t)') f=sin(q)+cos(q) df=diff(f,t) h=simple(df) then run command : >> f q = q(t) f = sin(q(t))+cos(q(t)) df = cos(q(t))*diff(q(t),t)-sin(q(t))*diff(q(t),t) h = diff(q(t),t)*(cos(q(t))-sin(q(t))) To calculate function h in each ti if i don't know the function q(ti), only know q(ti) and diff(q(t),t) are a number. How to do this auto? ...

LAN Time-Outs
I seem to be experiencing time-outs on the 10-MBit section of my company's network. Components include: 1 DTC-48 2 957's Telnet connections to the 957s time out. Our FAX/3000 device times out. Our Callback device reports "not responding" at times. - It uses serial ports on the DTC. Serial printers are also subject to long pauses. Serial terminals on the DTC are subject to long pauses. Our 10-MBit connection is a COAX on an old HP 28688B hub. The only other connection on the hub is a a CAT5 that connects to the rest of the network on a CISCO 3500. BT ...

Is time.time() < time.time() always true?
So, I was blazin' some mad chronix, as they say, and got on to thinking about Python. The question was, is the statement: time.time() < time.time() always true? Seems it should be false, since the statement itself occurs at one time instant.. but of course we know that python doesn't execute code that way.. So my question is, why doesn't Python work this way? (PS, I wasn't smoking anything, its a figure of speech :) ) On 21 Nov 2006 15:10:25 -0800, flamesrock <flamesrock@gmail.com> wrote: > So, I was blazin' some mad chronix, as they say, and got on to th...

time complexity of positive definiteness
Hello, For a non-symmetric square matrix of size n x n. What is the time complexity of finding out whether the matrix is positive definite or not. Also, which would be the fastest, in terms of time complexity, to compute the same in matlab I want to know the answer for finding singularity of a matrix too. Which would be the fastest in terms of the time complexity of n and how fast will it be? Thanks, Dilip ...

Re: Question about TCPIP$ftp
From: "P. Sture" <paul.sture.nospam@hispeed.ch> > An update on this. I set EWA0_MODE to "Auto-Negotiate" on my PWS 600au, > and it works fine. What could go wrong? > PS. I have 2 NICs on this system. Can anyone suggest a practical use for > the second one? Long ago, when my DSL connection was bridging instead of routing, I had one interface dedicated to IP, to keep my cluster and DECnet traffic off the DSL bridge. Nowadays, I have one or two EI interfaces in my XP1000 systems, but they don't get much use. From time to time, I may set one ...

Why when the time changed backwards, there were many TIME_WAIT sockets?
Several days ago I encountered a very very strange thing. I set one of my servers' time backward to sometime in year 2003 with rdate. The server has a lot of TCP connections at that time. However, several hours later, I found that there were many many sockets with the state TIME_WAIT and no local ports available. I know of the TIME_WAIT is used for retransmit the FIN2 ack to the peer party and it should only be kept in a timer, which in many systems is about twice the timer for retranssion. But after I checked I found that TCP timers should be counted by a "tick" r...

DST time skip question
Hi: I have a question about the behavior of cron jobs when the clock springs forward from 2:00:00AM to 2:59:59AM. What will happen to jobs scheduled to run between these times - will they be run or will they be skipped? Thanks in advance In article <YWCHh.25939$Du6.10886@edtnps82> Dilan A <dilan.a@yout3lus.n3t> writes: $Hi: I have a question about the behavior of cron jobs when the clock $springs forward from 2:00:00AM to 2:59:59AM. What will happen to jobs $scheduled to run between these times - will they be run or will they be $skipped? If I recall correctly, the job ...

MySQL Ready for Prime Time
http://www.sqlsummit.com/articles/MySQL5.htm "MySQL has a demonstrated capacity for managing very large databases. Mytrix, Inc. maintains an extensive collection of Internet statistics in a one terabyte (1 TB) data warehouse that contains 20 billion rows of data. Sabre Holdings runs the oldest and largest online travel reservation system. It replicates 10-60 gigabytes per day from its master database to a MySQL server farm. The MySQL databases are used to support a shopping application that can accommodate a million fare changes per day." John Bailo wrote: > http://www....

US-TX-Austin,: Firmware Developer, Real time embedded systems, C, File Systems (45344357608)
US-TX-Austin,: Firmware Developer, Real time embedded systems, C, File Systems (45344357608) ============================================================================================ Position: Firmware Developer Reference: JGG00044 Location: Austin, TX Duration: contract to possible perm Skills: BS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent Experience Required: 5 years of experience Real time embedded systems High proficiency in C Strong knowledge of assembl...

How to write a time-variyng state space model
Hi all, I have a problem and that is , how I can make a time-variyng state space model? I want to introduce a system that it's B matrix in xdot=Ax+Bu is time-variyng , so how can I make it? thanx ...

10.5 Will Ship On Time
Contrary to published reports 10.5 is on schedule. http://www.betanews.com/article/Apple_Leopard_Will_Ship_on_Time/1174929712 "John" <nospam@nospam.com> stated in post bOCdnUBXQ9ud8ZXbnZ2dnUVZ_h2pnZ2d@netlojix.com on 3/26/07 5:57 PM: > Contrary to published reports 10.5 is on schedule. > > > http://www.betanews.com/article/Apple_Leopard_Will_Ship_on_Time/1174929712 Hey, I was right on calling that rumor BS. :) -- I am currently being "targeted" by a forger. Check the headers to make sure this is not from Individual.net -- � If A = B then B = A ...

FS: Times PHYSICS KS3 CD-ROM
Interested in the Item See link for details: http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?query=times+ks3&srchdesc=y&sid=20887405&store=seals4-deals&colorid=10&fp=0&st=2&fsoo=1&fsop=1&submit=Search We give you MORE than others with FAST efficient despatch and FREE postal insurance. With OUR Full Money back guarantee for faulty software including the cost of returning the item. Visit our store to see our feedback, we have thousands of satisfied customers Find this and more at our fully searchable EBAY shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/seals4-Deal...

time.time or time.clock
I'm having some cross platform issues with timing loops. It seems time.time is better for some computers/platforms and time.clock others, but it's not always clear which, so I came up with the following to try to determine which. import time # Determine if time.time is better than time.clock # The one with better resolution should be lower. if time.clock() - time.clock() < time.time() - time.time(): clock = time.clock else: clock = time.time Will this work most of the time, or is there something better? Ron On Jan 14, 7:05 am, Ron Ad...

Assigning ID numbers
I am running a study with about 1,000 subjects. I will get names and addresses in an excel data file. I need to assign consecutive ID numbers to each subject from (2 - 1,001) (I am not starting at 1 because it won't match up with the excel numbers on the left column). My problem is that when I use a formula to add the ID numbers, the numbers don't stay with that particular subject. So, if I move subjects around, their ID numbers change. How can I make these numbers stick with each subject? I could just switch them to SPSS where I am a much more experienced user. Ho...

Measure time delay of a pulse from absolute time
Hello, I have to measure the delay between a pulse received each second (anytim in the second) and the 0 of the second I received the pulse. I try several method : - correlation, but my major problem is the echo that can increase th length of the signal and above all, modify the envelope of the pulse, s the correlation is not good. - filtering (at the frequency of the pulse) with a threshold but if fixed this one, I have to ensure that the signal always have the sam amplitude. So I used a CAG based on energy normalization but obviously i also increase the noise and the power of the filt...

!FreeTime timing out
Having just come back from 2 weeks Hols I find that !FreeTime v 1.12 is timing out. The Server I have configured is ntp.demon.co.uk (have tried ntp1 but not ntp2) with same effect. Any on know any thing or can suggest a different ntp time server? -- Mark Foweraker On 17 Jul 2005 Mark <mark@foweraker.com> wrote: > Having just come back from 2 weeks Hols I find that !FreeTime v 1.12 is > timing out. The Server I have configured is ntp.demon.co.uk (have tried > ntp1 but not ntp2) with same effect. > > Any on know any thing or can suggest a different ntp...

consolidate time periods
Can I get a little help? Given a very simple table of events, with their durations, I want to consolidate time periods for an event that (1) touch each other or (2) overlap each other. CREATE TABLE Events (event_id VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL, start_date DATE NOT NULL, end_date DATE NOT NULL, CHECK (start_date <= end_date), PRIMARY KEY (event_id, start_date, end_date)); INSERT INTO Events VALUES ('Pie Eating', '2009-01-01', '2009-01-02'), ('Pie Eating', '2009-01-03', '2009-01-05'), ('Pie Eating', '2009-01-04...

Newline doesn't work the second time...
The \n I write out to an open file does not work the second time: $xmlstr = "<?xml version=\"1.0\"\x3F>\n"; $songstr = "<songs>\n"; fwrite($handle, "$xmlstr"); //after this I got a new line fwrite($handle, "$songstr"); //but not after this $lines = file("./clips/$file_name"); foreach ($lines as $line_num => $line) { fwrite($handle, " <song path=\"$line"); //$handle is another file that I read data from } The output: <?xml version="1.0"?> <songs> <song path...

Help with void (blackspot) size and number counting
All my experience with MATLAB revolves around using ODE45 and simullink for process control. I've recently become assigned with a task regarding the image processing and scoring of the waviness of printed books. I have been looking through the image processing toolbox but need some guidance. The images I want to analyze look like this (with way better resolution) http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7113/7645465816_57800e73e9_b.jpg The images will also be all cropped so that the tops and bottom of the book is off the picture. I'm trying to measure the number and areas of the black vo...

time.clock() or time.time()
What's the difference between time.clock() and time.time() (and please don't say clock() is the CPU clock and time() is the actual time because that doesn't help me at all :) I'm trying to benchmark some function calls for Zope project and when I use t0=time.clock(); foo(); print time.clock()-t0 I get much smaller values than when I use time.clock() (most of them 0.0 but some 0.01) When I use time.time() I get values like 0.0133562088013, 0.00669002532959 etc. To me it looks like time.time() gives a better measure (at least from a statistical practical point of view). peterb...

Seeking Canadian 800 Number
Anyone know of a redial service that would allow one to call a Canadian 800 number and make it appear as if the call was originating in Canada? I need to access a Canadian 800 number and I would be glad to pay for the call. Thanks! ...

mysqldump gives wrong time?
Hello, mysqldump gives time in DateTime field as 11:57:01 when it should be 12:57:01 - any idea why this happens? (my line command is mysqldump -uetc -petc dbname tablename > table_date_time.sql) Cheers Geoff ...