time stamp to number conversion

Hi All,

I notice in Labview 7.0 the 'Get Date/Time to Seconds' and 'Seconds to
Date/Time' now output a Time Stamp rather than actual seconds.
There is a 'To Time Stamp" standard vi in the conversion pallet that
converts a number (seconds) to a time stamp but I really need to
convert from a Time Stamp to real seconds.
Does anyone have a vi that might do this or is there something already
in LabVIEW 7.0 I have overlooked?

Many Thanks in Advance for your help.

Sammy Mason
0
x9561 (148464)
5/19/2004 4:29:45 PM
comp.lang.labview 35205 articles. 1 followers. vasusachin24 (1) is leader. Post Follow

Use the Get Date/Time in Seconds widget.
Connect it to a "To Double Precision Float" conversion to get the time
(since 1904) in seconds.

Les Hammer
0
x9561 (148464)
5/19/2004 5:08:24 PM
Thank you very much for the help! :)

Sammy
0
x9561 (148464)

DateAdd(interval,number,date) Visual Basic to LabVIEW Time Stamp add 18 months
Hi all,   I need to match Visual Basic Cmd  =  DateAdd("m", 18, Date()) which adds 18 months to today's date.  When I use LabVIEW Time Stamp VI's at first I tried adding 1.5 years in seconds. but this did not match the VB generated method?  What method do  I use in LV to obtain the VB DateAdd("m", 18, Date()) Example 'Add one month to January 31, 2000 document.write(DateAdd("m",1,"31-Jan-00")) Output: 2/29/2000 Perhaps you could do this, at least for a relatively simple case of adding ...

Number to Time Conversion
is it possible in sql to convert a 6 digit integer in to a time field with out converting to character and then substringing e.g 161201 to 16:12:01 SELECT TIME('00:00:00') + CAST(int6 AS DEC(6,0)) "Time" FROM (VALUES 161201) Q(int6); ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Time -------- 16:12:01 1 record(s) selected. OR SELECT TIME('00:00:00') + (int6/10000) Hours + MOD(int6/100, 100) Minutes + MOD(int6, 100) Seconds AS "TIME" FROM (VALUES 161201) Q(int6); --------------...

LVM file time stamps
My LVM files do not have evenly separated time stamps.  Is this by design?  I want to record data from multiple channels at say 100S/s and see this in my LVM file.  Ideally each of the 100 data points would be separated by 0.01s.  This is not what I get.   I have tried changing the samples per second and the samples per channel inputs on my timing and read VIs but I don't get even spacing.  I have figured out that the DAQmx Read VI always cuts the number of samples in the file in half.  So sampling at 100S/s gives me 50 data points per second in my LVM file.  Given that it cuts the points in half, I would like the spacing to be .00, .02, .04 etc., but I get this:  .00, .01, .02, .03, .08, .09, .10, .11, .16, .17, .18, .19...    Is this normal or am I missing something?   HP I am using hardware timing and Windows XP.  The only knowledge I have of the timing is from the file.  I realize that there is only one adc so nothing is truly being measured at the same time, but I thought it could do better.  I currently have my adc running at 20kS/s (ai.convert.rate) which suggests each channel should only be 50us apart.  That's 200 channel scans before the next 100S/s interval.  In my mind, there should be plenty of time for it all to fit. Are you familiar with the DAQmx Read chopping the sa...

how to get time stamp as a number
The get date/time vi gives time stamp in string or cluster. I want time stamp as number because i have to give time stamp number to a build array along with another number. How do i get this , say for example time as 14.32 > The get date/time vi gives time stamp in string or cluster. I want > time stamp as number because i have to give time stamp number to a > build array along with another number. How do i get this , say for > example time as 14.32 One of the many possibility is divide string "14.23" on String>Search and Replace function : -> 'string' con...

tcp conversation with time stamps?
I am trying to analyse the performance of a web based user interface (JSP, if you care...) I have succesfully captured a session's packets to a file, using tcpdump. Viewing the packets in ethereal is impresive, but confusing(since I'm not a network guru). Ethereal's "analyze->Follow TCP Stream" gives me an almost perfect dump, which corresponds to my (application level) understanding of the communication between client/server. Lovely. But sadly, from my performance analysis requirment the one thing missing from "follow TCP stream" is timestamps. So; can anyone tell how to either merge/add timestamps to the ethereal output or recommend some other tool that will generate a "tcp stream" with timestamps? BugBear ...

Re: How to convert unix time stamp to SAS time stamp #13
> -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of Lilian > Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 2:55 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: How to convert unix time stamp to SAS time stamp > > Hi Joe, > > Thanks for the macro, that make sense. I shall put that in testing. > Thanks all for your help! > > Just one last minor question, does anyone see why this expression > yield no returns? > dhms('01jan1970'd,11,0, timestamp/1000) >= datetime() > > I'm trying to make a compari...

Re: How to convert unix time stamp to SAS time stamp #6
> -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of Lilian > Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 4:18 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: How to convert unix time stamp to SAS time stamp > > 1231200312179 translates to 1/6/2009 11:05:12 > > Lilian, this should convert your timestamp, which seems to be 1000-ths of a second since 01jan1970. Sas_datetime = dhms('01jan1970'd,0,0,timestamp/1000); Hope this is helpful, Dan Daniel J. Nordlund Washington State Department of Social and Health Servic...

Re: How to convert unix time stamp to SAS time stamp #12
Show us the code that uses the expression. Are any of the values in your sql database supposed to be in the future? (Remember, earlier this morning is not in the future.) If you want values that occur earlier today, use datepart(dhms(...)) > today(). -----Original Message----- From: Lilian [mailto:lilian.chee@GMAIL.COM] Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 2:55 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: How to convert unix time stamp to SAS time stamp Hi Joe, Thanks for the macro, that make sense. I shall put that in testing. Thanks all for your help! Just one last minor question, does any...

Re: How to convert unix time stamp to SAS time stamp #5
11AUG08:06:00:00 (48+ years after the start of the epoch) is approximately 1.5E9. Your value is 1.2E12, approximately 1,000 times further away from the start of the epoch or close to AD 48,000. My Language Concepts manual says AD 19,900 is as far as you can go. I would guess that sql is giving you something other than seconds. Your value of 3155976000 prints as 03JAN2060:12:00:00 using datetime20. on my 9.1.3 system. -----Original Message----- From: Lilian Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 3:13 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: How to convert unix time stamp to SAS time stamp Tried...

How to read time stamps from a spreadsheet and calculate the difference between consecutive time stamps? #5
Hi,   I am new to Labview. This question might be a joke to some of you here, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a spreadsheet with time stamps and power outputs from a generator. I am supposed to calculate the difference between consecutive time stamps, which will act as a delay for the next power output update that needs to be sent. For example, lets say that I have to following data:   Time Stamp                &...

How to read time stamps from a spreadsheet and calculate the difference between consecutive time stamps? #4
Hi,   I am new to Labview. This question might be a joke to some of you here, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a spreadsheet with time stamps and power outputs from a generator. I am supposed to calculate the difference between consecutive time stamps, which will act as a delay for the next power output update that needs to be sent. For example, lets say that I have to following data:   Time Stamp                &...

How to read time stamps from a spreadsheet and calculate the difference between consecutive time stamps? #7
Hi,   I am new to Labview. This question might be a joke to some of you here, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a spreadsheet with time stamps and power outputs from a generator. I am supposed to calculate the difference between consecutive time stamps, which will act as a delay for the next power output update that needs to be sent. For example, lets say that I have to following data:   Time Stamp                &...

How to read time stamps from a spreadsheet and calculate the difference between consecutive time stamps? #3
Hi,   I am new to Labview. This question might be a joke to some of you here, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a spreadsheet with time stamps and power outputs from a generator. I am supposed to calculate the difference between consecutive time stamps, which will act as a delay for the next power output update that needs to be sent. For example, lets say that I have to following data:   Time Stamp                &...

How to read time stamps from a spreadsheet and calculate the difference between consecutive time stamps? #6
Hi,   I am new to Labview. This question might be a joke to some of you here, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a spreadsheet with time stamps and power outputs from a generator. I am supposed to calculate the difference between consecutive time stamps, which will act as a delay for the next power output update that needs to be sent. For example, lets say that I have to following data:   Time Stamp                &...

Conversion of ISO Date-stamps into Weekday Numbers
HOW TO COMPUTE THE DAY OF THE WEEK FOR DATE-STAMPS FROM A.D. 1 TO 4246 - using Hans Lachman's Method of Congruence as optimised below - Strictly adhering to Lachman's Maxim (Complexity is a diseconomy of scale), this method was designed to run SUPERbly as a stand-alone procedure, when the MOST basic of computer is the only resource--meaning no values needed from user tables or system calls, no floating point nor integer variables, and minimal operating system functionality beyond superBASIC as a command- line interpreter. It is valid for (historical) Julian dates as o...

Conversion of time-stamp into string produce 1 h offset
Hello,since I upgraded from 8.1 to 8.5.1 the "format into string" function gives a 1 h offset compared to the time-stamp input (see picture in the doc). The attached SubVI's are running on a Fieldpoint system. The fieldpoints are set to a local time with automatical DST changing disabled. The timeserver is also running without DST changing.  I found this penomenon only with the fieldpoints. On the normal PC the subVI works fine.Maybe I should think about another conversion possibility, but this problem wasn't there before upgrading (never touch a running system???......

Finding a number in a text file and showing the corresponding time stamp.
Hi there, I have been given a text file with numbers in this format "1st value,2nd value, name, time" and there are 1000s of such numbers. Now I have been given 2 numbers which are the 1st and 2nd value, i need to find the corresponding name and time. Can anyone please help me on how I could achieve this please. Thank you very much. you can create a index based on the combination of your first two values such as "1stvalue_2ndvalue", and the "name" and "time" are the values of that index. When you have a give pair of 1st value and 2nd value...

Write LabVIEW Measurement VI time stamping of multiple columns
Hello helpful board readers,<br><br>In the Write LabVIEW Measurement File V= I, there is the option of having the X_Value for every column or only for o= ne column or empty time column. I have the VI writing four values to a data= file. Three are waveform values from DAQmx analog voltage read and the oth= er is DAQmx counter output. Both the voltage reading and counter reading ar= e being called repeatedly in a while loop. The voltage reading is buffered = and the counter output is once per while loop. In the Write Measurement Fil= e VI, if I select to include the X_Value as one c...

Is there a way to change a file's time stamp using LabVIEW?
Hi. I am trying to use LabVIEW to modifiy the time stamps of files in a Windows NTFS computer.&nbsp; Does anyone know if this is possible with LabVIEW? Thanks, Alejandro AlejandroZ wrote:Hi. I am trying to use LabVIEW to modifiy the time stamps of files in a Windows NTFS computer.&nbsp; Does anyone know if this is possible with LabVIEW? Thanks, Alejandro The latest OpenG file Package has a function to do that. You can best get OpenG package by first downloading the OpenG Commander at http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ogpm/openg_commander-2.0-alpha3.zip?download or altern...

How can I Write a Time Stamp with my Data to a Spreadsheet using LabVIEW 7.1?
I want to include a time stamp as a column along with my data in a spreadsheet file using LabVIEW. Hi Growley, you can use the "Get Date/Time in Seconds" function and convert it to string. Build an array of it and use the "Write to Spreadsheet File" function. LabView 7.1 has not the string instance of this vi, so please see the attached one.Hope it helps.Mike Write To Spreadsheet File_str_private.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/339782/1/Write To Spreadsheet File_str_private.vi ...

Time Stamped entries and Time Zones
Currently I am working for a company with our computer located in our corporate headquarters in Edina MN. We have 15 sales locations in 5 states (Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri and Kansas). We have a very simple time-clock system. Run a program, press a function key that says you are clocking in (or out) and the program captures the date and time of this entry. A sales person in Nebraska can look at notes on a prospective customer and see that 5 minutes ago a call was placed from our call center in Minnesota to this customer and an appointment was setup for that after...

Conversion from Hexadecimal number into Decimal number
Hi friends, I need a sample code in C which will convert a Hexadecimal number into decimal number. I had written a code for that but it was too long, I need a small code, so request u all to provide me with small sample code for that. dharmdeep@gmail.com wrote: > Hi friends, > I need a sample code in C which will convert a Hexadecimal > number into decimal number. I had written a code for that but it was > too long, I need a small code, so request u all to provide me with > small sample code for that. > u is still on holiday. You show us yours and someone might show you theirs.... -- Ian Collins. dharmdeep@gmail.com said: > Hi friends, > I need a sample code in C which will convert a Hexadecimal > number into decimal number. You ask the impossible. There is no such thing as a hexadecimal number, and no such thing as a decimal number. Hexadecimal and decimal are merely representations. The number itself is independent of "base". A dozen apples is a dozen apples, no matter how many fingers you have, and no matter whether you write it as 1100, 110, 30, 22, 20, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, or C. All that matters is that writer and reader(s) both understand the representation being used. What you appear to be asking for is how to convert a given representation into another representation. That's easy enough to do. Simply build an integer n from whichever representation you have, and then do this to...

Conversion of decimal number to real number
My data is in form of matrix with values upto four decimal points with both +ve and -ve signs. i want convert the matrix values into equivalent binary values ...please help "Neetika Bhalla" <neetikabhalla@gmail.com> wrote in message news:mjh39m$5nb$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > My data is in form of matrix with values upto four decimal points with > both +ve and -ve signs. i want convert the matrix values into equivalent > binary values ...please help What do you consider the "equivalent binary value" of something like 0.1? How about -0....

How do you initilize the time for accurate time stamping
"I am reading temperature and frequency from a couple of RS232 devices - I am needing to plot these readings over time... how do i initialize a timer to 0 for accurate time stamping for my graphs, which will reset say back to zero whenever i rerun the VI?" Since your application involves temperature and RS232, I'm guessing that you only need timestamp precision out to the second or tenth of a second at best. For that, you can simply place the "Get Date/Time in Seconds" function outside your main VI's while loop. Pass that number in to your loop and subtract it fr...

Web resources about - time stamp to number conversion - comp.lang.labview

Gene conversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gene conversion is the process by which one DNA sequence replaces a homologous sequence such that the sequences become identical after the conversion ...

Personalized Notifications Can Increase Conversion Up to 300%
... to avoid sending generic push notifications to every user. By sending personalized notifications instead, companies can see their conversion ...

Ex-gay conversion therapy challenged in federal consumer fraud lawsuit
... a federal consumer fraud complaint with the Federal Trade Commission against People Can Change, an organization that practices ex-gay conversion ...

10 Copywriting Tips You Can Use Right Now To Boost Conversion Rates
Writing great content is quite possibly the quickest and most cost-effective way to increase your conversion rates. Great content creates engagement ...

Hail Caesar! The 'other' Roman Centurion conversion movie is a bizarre, self-satisfied mess
Martin Saunders went to see 'Hail Caesar!', and found the whole thing incredibly disappointing.

First Solar Achieves New Conversion Efficiency World Record For CdTe Solar PV Cells
Originally published on Sustainnovate. By Henry Lindon A new conversion efficiency world record for cadmium-telluride solar photovoltaic cells ...

Andrew Cuomo announces regulations to prevent gay 'conversion therapy' - CNNPolitics.com
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Saturday announced regulations to prevent "conversion therapy," a practice aimed at changing an individual's sexual ...

A Response To Jonah Goldberg On His Mistaken Claim Of My Trumpine Conversion
I prefer an economic-growth solution to middle-class angst, not a protectionist program.

What Is the Difference Between the Conversion and Recharacterization of an IRA?
... there are certain rules and tax implications you need to know about. Photo: www.TaxCredits.net . When it comes to IRAs, the terms "conversion" ...

Click And Collect Holds Key For Omni-Channel Conversions, New Research Reveals
Click and collect services are becoming key to driving conversions, both online and in the store, new research from Cybertill, a leading cloud-based ...