Uninstalling LabVIEW RTE 7.1.1

I'm trying to 'clean' a computer to install the new versions of NI Software and I'm getting the following error...
any suggestions???

LVProblem.JPG:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/224683/1/LVProblem.JPG
0
x9561 (148439)

Hello,This
seems like an issue that may require some assistance that is more
complicated than can be handled on a discussion forum.  I would
recommend contacting an Applications Engineer directly by going to
www.ni.com/ask and submitting an e-mail support request.
0
x9561 (148439)

Is LabVIEW 7.1 Aug2005 identical to LabView 7.1 May2005?
I am attempting to have a coworker at a remote site set up their PC with the exact same software as one that I have here.  I used the August 2005 CDs from Developer Suite.  My coworker tells me that he has the TestStand 3.1, and the Device Driver CDs from the Aug2005 Dev Suite shipment, but he can only find LabView 7.1 from the May2005 delivery.   I would like to safely assume that LabView 7.1 is LabView 7.1, regardless of whether it was shipped in May or August, but it is really important to me to make absolutely sure that we end up with the same software v...

DSC module 7.1 labview 7.1, new controls and functions not showing up in labview
Dear Reader, I have installed labview 7.10 (also tried update to 7.11) and DSC module 7.1 I thought I would get additional functions and controls in labview due to installation of this module, but I do not see addtional controls or functions, althought I have searched for them and set the controls to "advance" etc. Anyone any idea what I have to do. thanks and regards. ...

Controlling VI Logger 1.1.1 with LabVIEW 7.1
I have LabVIEW 7.1 on my system and installed VI Logger (1.1 them upgraded to 1.1.1). I would like to programatically control VI Logger with LabVIEW. There are references to VIs under the Advanced pallate to do just that, but I cannot find them or any help files to explain what to do. Where do I find these VIs? ...

Can I run a LabVIEW 7.1 Application on a system with LabVIEW 6.1?
The VI App did not run properly, even after I installed the LabVIEW 7.1 Run time engine. Perhpas I need to uninstall the LV 6.1 run time engine? Thank you for any suggestions; perhaps it's something minor that I'm overlooking! Are you talking about a 7.1 exe or VI? An executable will run with 6.1 installed and the 7.1 run-time. A 7.1 VI will only run with 7.1 development system. When you say it did not run properly, what exactly do you mean? I am referring to trying to run a 7.1 EXE application on a system with a resident 6.1 development environment, and the 7.1 run-time engine ins...

LabView 7.1.1 + DAQMX
I want to know Wheter I can use task created using DAQMX using LabVIEW 7.1.1 can be inovked either by VB.net or VB6 if yes than how:) Secondly How can i used the traditional DAQ with VB.net or VB6, It would be&nbsp; helpful if any body can provide some info or weblink on this topic. Regards Nadeem <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=327317" target="_blank">duplicate post</a> ...

Labview 7.1.1 Errors
I am using the version 7.1.1 of LV and LV RT, i am programming a cFP-2020. &nbsp; &nbsp; Labview&nbsp;keeps crashing and losing the connection with the remote target (cFP), i am attaching a file containing all the error logs generated by LV, i never got this problem with earlier versions of LV i think this may be some kind of bug plase let me know how can i fix it. &nbsp; By the way my PC is a PIV @3 GHZ , 1 GB of RAM running WinXP SP2 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

LabVIEW RTE 7 does not work on Linux with Mozilla (1.7) or Netscape (7.2)
LabVIEW RTE 7 does not work on Linux (Mandrake 10.1 or Knoppix 3.7) with Mozilla (1.7) or Netscape (7.2). We tried everything described in <http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RNAME=ViewQuestion&HOID=506500000008000000EFBC0000&ECategory=LabVIEW.LabVIEW+General> copying plugins, but always the gray window on Mandrake or error setting up plugin on Knoppix. We are trying to drive remote applications on your web site with Linux (if possible) to decide about purchasing LabVIEW for Linux. Is there a demo version for Linux we could try? Apparently, LabVIEW fo...

Unable to install LV Runtime Engine 7.1.1 with LabVIEW Professional 8.5.1
I installed&nbsp;LabVIEW Professional Sys. for Windows (XP) 8.5 and then the 8.5.1 update. Somewhere in the original installation, LV Run-time Engine 7.1 was installed. But I need LV RTE 7.1.1. So I attempted to install RTE 7.1.1. Problem: The LV RTE installer aborts with the following message: &nbsp; "Installation aborted. Newer version already installed."&nbsp; &nbsp; Why do I need 7.1.1? I must run some commercial LV executables that were compiled with LV 7.1.1 and will not run under 7.1. :smileysad: You may have to uninstall RTE 8.5.1 to proceed with the 7.1.1 install and then reinstall RTE 8.5.1. &nbsp; I hope this helps! Well, I have to correct myself. MAX indicated that LV RTE 7.1 (not 7.1.1) was installed. My complied LV app indicated that 7.1.1 was not installed. I checked Windows Add New Programs and selected "National Instruments Software" I found that LV RTE 7.1.1 was, in fact, installed. So&nbsp;I selected LabVIEW Runtime Engine 7.1.1 and clicked Repair. After rebooting, My app works correctly. Again, MAX incorrectly displays LV RTE 7.1 (not 7.1.1). My app works, so&nbsp;I don't care. :smileyhappy: ...

labview 7.1.1 rt application slows system clock by 1 second evry 25
Hi, I have an application that I'm trying to run on Dell 620 laptops.It's running under Labview 7.1.1 RT and comunicates to a field point 1001 485 network module every 125 ms. via a NI ENET to RS 485 converter.&nbsp;My problem is that when the application is not running the laptop system clockis fine. But, whenever I run the application, the system clockslows so that it loses about 1 second out of every 20.The problem is repeatable between 2 different machines, and does notseem to be related to antivirus (disabled), firewall (disabled), cpu loading(cpu use is less than 10%) , ram or video (one machine has onboard video,the other has a video card).Any ideas?thanx:-&gt;tb Hi Terry, This level of fluctuation of the internal clock is unexpected, so I would like to get some more information about the system: - How are you controlling the timing on the host machine (i.e. timed loops,&nbsp;specific wait functions, etc)? - How are you communicating data between the target and the host? - Is the Real-Time code running as an executable on the target, or are you controlling it from the laptop? - How are you monitoring the system time? - Can you narrow the code down to some specific functions that can reproduce the error?&nbsp; Let me know some of this specific information, and include a basic VI if it is reproducible on a small scale, so that I can investigate this behavior further. Regards, Lauren Do you have a 'wait until next ms' (wun) function...

handle pointer in labview 7.1.1 ??
:smileyvery-happy:Hello, I'm developing a Vi which is&nbsp;using a DLL. The problem is that the function I want use had parameters that are not directly integer values, but pointer on a structure with integer values. I do the DLL function call and the prototype of the function is: Unsigned char BFLOADER_ComConfig(Char TargetType, void *ComConfig, Unsigned Long *ComDevice). This prototype looks good regarding the DLL fuction specification but I had this error message when executing the VI: &nbsp; The vi stop at the Calling DLL Function process 0x5A4. &nbsp; Is it the way to cal...

Labview 7.1.1 crashes daily?
We are running a multi-chamber process system using LabVIEW 7.1.1 and the matching 7.1.0 DSC module. Each process chamber is controlled by software on an individual workstation, which share status information with a master control workstation via the DSC. There is also a gateway workstation that lets the chamber workstations communicate via OPC to an array of instruments in the system, and a database stored on another workstation where all process steps are logged.That part is all working.The problem is that one (and only one) of the process workstation programs crashes once a day (usually in early hours of the morning). There are no Labview error dialogs generated; we simply arrive in the morning to find the dreaded Windows 'LabVIEW.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close' message on the screen with the option to send the error report to Microsoft. Any hints? Since it's a windows exit rather than a labview crash I'm not getting any useful error messages.Related question: We've been sticking with LV 7.1.1 for now because we're trying to actually *use* our process system, and I wasn't sure how much rewriting I'd have to do to get everything working in 8.x . I do have the 8.5 install disks; would upgrading be likely to help, and how transparent will the upgrade process be, given that I'm dealing with 8-9 interconnected machines and the DSC? If the crash is being caused by code which is "tickling" that specific instance of ...

Labview 7.1 to 6.1 conversion
Hi &nbsp; I'm developing the automation for analyses. I am using a multichannel potentiostat from Bio-Logic. The manufacturer gives the drivers and example in LabVIEW 7.1; unfortunately I have&nbsp;to use LabVIEW 6.1 only. &nbsp; Would you mind converting the enclosed package to v6.1? &nbsp; Many thanks in advance. Xu EC-Lab development package.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/228002/1/EC-Lab development package.zip ...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.news.uni-berlin.de>... > mike wrote: > > hi > > > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > > IP? and what is port 9999?? > > thanks > > These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port > 9999 thanks very much..will check it out ...

After reboot, Labview looks for RTE 7.1 (RTE 8.2 installed)
I started developing software using Labview 7.1.&nbsp; Mid way complete I decided to switch to Labview 8.2.&nbsp; Now everytime I reboot, I get a Windows installer asking for the Labview 7.1 runtime engine.&nbsp; I re-installed Labview 7.1 but I keep getting the installer asking for this runtime engine.&nbsp; Eventually after clicking cancel about 10 times, it finds an engine (not sure which one) and runs the exe.&nbsp; This exe is on a PC running Windows XP in a factory, controlling a machine.&nbsp; I need to fix this problem for the customer to be happy.&nbsp; Is it possible that one of the VIs I used in 7.1 is now in 8.2's code but needs the old engine to work?&nbsp; How can I fix this problem?&nbsp; Note that I'm not using any VIs in 8.2 that don't already exist in 7.1. (stupid mistake to use 8.2). &nbsp; Hopefully someone can help me. &nbsp; Matt Koebel Technologist OK people, I figured it out.&nbsp; First off, my executable was starting at start up.&nbsp; There is another program that also starts up.&nbsp; It is a database program which keeps track of data from the labview executable.&nbsp; I didn't write this program and I don't know what all it uses but I'm sure it uses a data socket and a small program written to take control of the serial port (take control away from MAX).&nbsp; This database program was lookikng for the runtime engine (7.1.1).&nbsp; The problem occured when...

Using Labview 7.1 code on 6.1
Hi there, I was wondering if there's any way to open Labview 7.1 code on Labview 6.1. I wrote a lot of code using 7.1, and now I'm using a machine with 6.1. It's okay if some of the sub-vi's don't work. I just need the thing to open up. Thanks. Jenni. Hi again, Yes, I would appreciate it if someone could do the conversion for me. There are 3 pieces of code. It's written in 7.1 (OSX version), and I'd like it in 6.1 (PC). Also, help yourself to the code if anyone out there could use a post-processor for a 6 degree-of-freedom load cell. Thanks. Jenni. zero_si...

LabView 6.1 subVIs cannot be opened under 7.1.
Some subVIs written under LabView 6.1 cannot be opened under 7.1 with the argument, that they have no block diagram! Surely they have, and when one tries to open the VI, message for error code 11 appears, and the Vi is left closed. How can be this problem solved? Do you handle images in your VIs No,definitely not! It's certainly possible that they might not have a block diagram. That is an option when saving VIs and often third-party vendors will distribute VIs that way as a security measure. When creating an LLB meant for an executable, the diagram will be removed as well. Where did th...

Re: labview 7.1.1 slow startup
I got almost the same problem with the startup time in Labview7.1. &nbsp; I was able to fix it, with removing all the project I have in the Directory "Project" of my labview7.1. &nbsp; I put them in My document. &nbsp; Now The startup time of labview is fast. &nbsp; Hope it will help you. &nbsp; Pascal ...

Giving away: Unixware 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 media, SDK and updates
I'm cleaning-up and need to give away or throw-out all my unixware media: 7.1.0 - 7.1.3, the software development kit and updates. I've already sold-off the licenses so this is the media only! Please respond to ftarz@mindspring.com if you are interested. You pay the shipping of your choice. ...

Problem in creating the simulation dll using SIT 2.0.3,matlab 7.1,labview 7.1
I am currently using SIT 2.0.3 ,using this toolkit i am trying to create the simulation DLL for labview.but i am getting the following error in matlab command window Error: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 7Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 25The == and != operators can only be used to compare values of the same typeError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 260 Column: 26Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 260 Column: 44The == and != operators can only be used to compare values of the same type &nbsp; Is this a version problem? I am using Simulation interface toolkit 2.0.3 Matlab 7.1.0.246(R14) Service pack Real time workshop V.6.3 Labview 7.1 Microsoft visual C++ 6.0 &nbsp; Can anybody help me to solve this issue. &nbsp; Hi, Unfortunately, it looks like the versions you are using are indeed not compatible. Here is an excerpt from the <a href="http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/labview/labview_toolkits/simulation_interface/2.0.3/sit_2_0_3_readme.html" target="_blank">Read Me file</a> for Simulation Interface Toolkit 2.0.3: To use the Simulation Interface Toolkit 2.0.3, you must be a properly licensed user of and have the following software installed on the host computer. - The MathWorks MATLAB ver...

Save VI developed in Labview 6.1 to work in Labview 5.1
I have been working with Labview 6.1 but I need to execute my VIs in Labview 5.1 too. What can I do to reuse all the VIs without having to develop them again in Labview 5.1? I am not able to save my VIs as 5.1 from Labview 6.1 It only allows me to save them as Labview 6.0 Thank you! Assuming they can be converted, and there's not too many, you might want to try posting them here for someone to convert. (convert to 6.0 first and zip) Not too elegant but may get you out of a bind. Hello, Yes, each new version of LabVIEW only carries the capability to save for one version previous. So, you would need to save the 6.1 VIs for vesion 6.0, and then from LabVIEW 6.0 save for 5.1. If there aren't too many VIs, one of our engineers here would most likely have no problem with making the conversion for you. You could email NI with them to make it more private, if you'd like, rather than posting them on the site. (To create an email request, go to www.ni.com/ask). Hope this helps! Liz Fausak National Instruments ...

segmentation fault in Labview 7.1.1 for Linux (RH9)
Hi, &nbsp; I work on a quite big application that runs on a Red Hat 9.0 Linux machine. &nbsp; I get a SIGSEGV that kills my application from time to time : &nbsp; LabVIEW caught fatal signal 7.1.1 - Received SIGSEGV Reason: address not mapped to object Attempt to reference address: 0x22 Segmentation fault &nbsp; I'd like to know how am I supposed to troubleshoot that error, I don't have a clue... &nbsp; I saw a few posts about issues with Fedora Core distributions, but they don't apply to me. &nbsp; Any idea? &nbsp; Thanks a lot, &nbsp; Alex Isn'...

Trying to use Labview Test Executive with Labview 7.1
I have an old application I wrote in Labview 5.1 using the Test Executive version 5.1.&nbsp; I now need to modify the program slightly for a new product. So far I have done the following: 1. Installed the Test Executive in the Labview 7.1 directory 2. Mass compiled the vi's in the LVEXEC51 folder &nbsp; During the mass compile, I see a number of errors when it tries to compile the vi's in the DATABASE folder. It can't seem to find vi's related to SQL (ie Easy SQL.vi). When I try to run the Test Executive directly from the Operator.llb, I see the following errors: &n...

How can you simple install the LabVIEW Toolboxes with LabVIEW 7.1
Hello, yesterday was a nice day, I have receved the NI Developer Suite Professional Control Edition with the new LabVIEW 7.1, RT 7.1, DSC 7.1 etc. I still use Labview 7.0 (Developer Suite Professional Control Edition) Unfortunately I can't install the Toolboxes from the toolbox cd into the right directory! Always when I try to install a toolbox, it will be installed into the LabVIEW 7.0 directory. It is not possible to change the directory (exeption: SPC-Toolbox) Even if you change the name of your LabVIEW 7.0 Directory, the toolbox produce a new folder LabVIEW 7.0 and is getting instaled ...

I am using report generation toolkit 1.1 with Labview 7.0...
I am using report generation toolkit 1.1 with Labview 7.0 and Office 2003 professional. The create new report VI opens Excel but throws error (-2147167262- from automation open VI) when I try to open MS word. please help... I am using report generation toolkit 1.1 with Labview 7.0 and Office 2003 professional. The create new report VI opens Excel but throws error (-2147167262- from automation open VI) when I try to open MS word. please help... Hi Leo22, Does this error occur if you use any of the example programs that come shipped with LabVIEW? I would try opening one of the examples that ...

Web resources about - Uninstalling LabVIEW RTE 7.1.1 - comp.lang.labview

Facebook Apps Draining Your Batteries? Try Uninstalling And Using Its Mobile Site
Reports continue to circulate that Facebook’s mobile applications are draining the batteries of users’ devices , so Kevin Purdy, who writes the ...

Facebook Apps Draining Your Batteries? Try Uninstalling And Using Its Mobile Site - SocialTimes
Reports continue to circulate that Facebook’s mobile applications are draining the batteries of users’ devices , so Kevin Purdy, who writes the ...

Win7 Driver Issues? Microsoft, AMD Recommend Uninstalling KB3004394
... to be fine – but Microsoft has not taken any chances and has pulled the update . In the meantime for those users that are affected, uninstalling ...

Google Play edition Z Ultra software bug prevents uninstalling applications
Critical software flaw restarts UI when trying to remove a user-installed application

Windows 10 uninstalling user programs without permission
... reported previously how it had reset privacy settings and default apps for some users, but worse than that it appears the update has been uninstalling ...

John McAfee's (insane, NSFW) tips for uninstalling McAfee
McAfee mocks himself and his antivirus software mercilessly in a new viral video.

Can you take it with you? Uninstalling the internet of things
While everyone at CES is attempting to entice consumers into buying a bunch of connected gizmos, I thought we should talk about the flip side ...

Facebook App Draining The Battery: Save Up To 20 Percent Battery Life By Uninstalling The App
... phones have been chronically complaining about the performance issues like bugs, abrupt freezing, and most notably, the battery life. Uninstalling ...

Gadgetwise Blog: Q&A: Uninstalling Toolbars in Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer has options for removing unwanted third-party toolbars and other add-ons from the browser window.

Android users can add up to 20% more battery life on their phones by uninstalling this one app?
If you own an Android handset, uninstalling the Facebook app can improve your battery life by as much as 20%. Not only did the batteries last ...