using '!' in matlab script

It seems unable to invoke the '.EXE' file in the matlab script node.
In my matlab code I use '!' to invoke a .exe file, it can be execute in matlab, but when I copy the same code to labview(matlab script node), it does not work
the error messages are

LabVIEW:  Error occurred while executing script. Error message from server: Warning: Name is nonexistent or not a directory: D:\Wastewater_experiment\programCodes\DymolaFiles.> In c:\matlab6p5\toolbox\matlab\general\path.m at line 116  In c:\matlab6p5\toolbox\matlab\general\addpath.m at line 88< c:\matlab6p5\bin\win32\dsu.txt created. ... Error message from alist Error opening file "dsin.txt": No such file or directory  ??? Error using ==> loadUnable to read MAT file temp.mat: not a binary MAT file.Try LOAD -ASCII to read as text.
Error in ==> C:\dn\programCodes\initload.mOn line 43  ==>      load temp
Error in ==> C:\dn\programCodes\operatingPoint.mOn line 17  ==> [x_init, x_name] = initload; % loads initial conditions from txt-file 'dsin.txt'.
. in labviewmatlab.vi

I am sure I have add all the path. and If I just run the code
! alist -a dsin.txt dsintest.mat
in matlab script node. There is no errors but it can not be execute.

This alist.exe file is from 'Dymola' to transfer the 'txt' to 'mat'.

How can I do with this error

labviewmatlab.zip:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/246480/1/labviewmatlab.zip
0
x9561 (148440)

'''''''''''''The Running Update/Append Queries Using VBA code Ordeal'''''''''''''' #2
Hi, Thanks for ur help there HJ. I know how to do the tasks you specified there. I would like for the update query to use field values from some of the fields on the form (frmInvoices) such as InvoiceNumber, DateFrom, DateTo. My problem is that an append/update query can't find the values in the open Form (frmInvoices) when I specify them as; [Forms]![frmInvoices]![InvoiceNumber] a select query has no problem finding the field values on a form. please help. Aaron Hi Aaron, Could you post the entire code that you are having trouble with? Now it is not possible to see what goes wrong. HJ "Aaron" <aaron@rapid-motion.co.uk> wrote in message news:260d7f40.0408120245.2f3d01f8@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > Thanks for ur help there HJ. > > I know how to do the tasks you specified there. > > I would like for the update query to use field values from some of the > fields on the form (frmInvoices) such as InvoiceNumber, DateFrom, > DateTo. My problem is that an append/update query can't find the > values in the open Form (frmInvoices) when I specify them as; > > [Forms]![frmInvoices]![InvoiceNumber] > > a select query has no problem finding the field values on a form. > > please help. > > Aaron First off, if you are not always using all the parameters specified in your form, then you have to add parameters to your query on the fly. Also, you can't just do something like qdf.SQL = "SE...

'is not' or '!='
A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements like: if x is not None: and if x != None: Without any context, which one should be preferred? IMHO, the latter is more readable. On 2014-08-18 21:35, ElChino wrote: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: > > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. > "x == y" tells you whether x and y refer to objects that are equal. "x is y" tells you whether x and y actually refer to the same object. In the case of singletons like None (there's only one None object), it's better to use "is". "ElChino" <elchino@cnn.cn>: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: Do the following: take two $10 bills. Hold one bill in the left hand, hold the other bill in the right hand. Now, the bill in the left hand "is not" the bill in the right hand. However, the bill in the left hand "==" the bill in the right hand. > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. In almost all cases, both tests would result in the same behavior. However, the "is not" test is conceptually the correct one since you want...

'^=' and '~='?

In replies, using 'To:' as 'From:'
Hi, all. I have two email accounts: a personal one and a university-issued one. My university gives me the option of forwarding its incoming mail to my personal email account. I would like to do this to avoid having two separate Mutt configurations and checking two accounts, but the problem is that I want replies to appear from the correct account. That is, if I get an email to my university account and decide to reply, the From: header should show my university email address. Same for emails to my personal account. Ideally I can also choose the From: header of newly-composed messages without manually editing the header, but that's not necessary. Is this scenario possible with Mutt? Thank you. -- PGP key: http://www.qnan.org/~pmw/pgp/public.asc Philip M. White <pmw+news@qnan.org> wrote: > I have two email accounts: a personal one and a university-issued > one. {...} That is, if I get an email to my university account and > decide to reply, the From: header should show my university email > address. Same for emails to my personal account. See wiki-faq. > Ideally I can also choose the From: header of newly-composed > messages without manually editing the header, but that's not > necessary. See wiki, maybe in ConfigTricks. -- � Rado S. -- You must provide YOUR effort for your goal! EVERY effort counts: at least to show your attitude. You're responsible for ALL you do: you get what...

Why use '==' instead of '==='?
I have noticed that there are some on the news group here who prefer the use of '==' when it is known [by the coder] that both sides of the equation are strings. Example from one of David Mark's recent posts: >>if ( typeof selector === "string" ) { > > One equal sign too many, requiring the reader to pause and ponder what > the author's intentions were. Are they ignorant of the fact that the > resultof a typeof operation is a string (as is a string literal). I find it it just the reverse. I know exactly what the authors intent was ...

When CANNOT use 'first'/'rest' in place of 'car'/'cdr'?
If I'm not mistaken, 'first' and 'rest' seem like modern user friendly replacements for 'car' and 'cdr'. Is it true that car and cdr are only in Common LISP to be able to run ancient LISP code? Is there any time I cannot use 'first' and 'rest' instead?/ Chris seberino@spawar.navy.mil wrote: > If I'm not mistaken, 'first' and 'rest' seem like modern user friendly > replacements for 'car' and 'cdr'. > > Is it true that car and cdr are only in Common LISP to be able > to run ancient LISP code? I use first and rest whenever those are the only ones I care about (or if I'm actually going to use second, third, etc). However, car and cdr won't be disappearing anytime soon simply because of their combinatory (?) abilities: cadr cddar .... I can just very quickly look at it and know what is going on. Jeff M. -- http://www.retrobyte.org mailto:massung@gmail.com seberino@spawar.navy.mil wrote: > If I'm not mistaken, 'first' and 'rest' seem like modern user friendly > replacements for 'car' and 'cdr'. > > Is it true that car and cdr are only in Common LISP to be able > to run ancient LISP code? > > Is there any time I cannot use 'first' and 'rest' instead?/ > > Chris > There shouldn't be anywhere that you _cannot_ use FIRST rather than CAR or REST rather than CDR. It's m...

'Matlab Code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code'
Dear friends, I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simulink and I want to use it in 'Embedded Matlab fun block' so i need to transform 'Matlab code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code' to perform the task. The Matlab code is as follows: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% u_abs = abs(u); major_th = 1.5e-1; minor_th = 1.8e-2; major_peak_value = []; minor_peak_value = []; pos = 1; pos_max = 1; while ~isempty(pos) [m pos_max(end+1)] = max( u_abs( pos : pos + 10) ); pos...

'use' changed to 'require'
Hi I've changed use Socket; to require Socket; in a subroutine since I use it infrequently I'm getting the error message Bareword "AF_INET" not allowed while "strict subs" What have I done? Regards John "John" <john1949@yahoo.com> wrote: >I've changed >use Socket; >to >require Socket; > >in a subroutine since I use it infrequently > >I'm getting the error message > >Bareword "AF_INET" not allowed while "strict subs" > >What have I done? Isn't that obvious? You changed use...

How to use 'assert' and 'report'
ex: assert(clear/='1') or (preset/='1') report "Both preset and clear are set !" severity warning Does the 'report' statement can get a output with content 'Both...set' if the assert is activated. I am trying to use it but nothing output. Where the output will be shown? ZHIQUAN wrote: > ex: assert(clear/='1') or (preset/='1') > report "Both preset and clear are set !" ^^^^ Neither > severity warning > Does the 'report' statement can get a output with content 'Both...set' >...

'Close' or 'Cancel'
It's good practice, at least as I understand it, to include a 'Cancel' button on a dialog - it lets users say something like "Oops, just pretend I didn't do this." and that's a good thing. But sometimes a dialog will contain a 'Close' button instead of a 'Cancel' button. 'Close' has a slightly different connotation to me - it does not imply that any alterations I may have made will necessarily be ignored (as 'Cancel' does), but there seems no consistent thread / rule on which to use when. I thought it might be something ...

if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.') Any shorter ?
Hi, there. =20 I'm just curious if it ever dawned on anybody how to abbreviate this line : if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.')=20 =20 Igor Kurbeko Clinical Programmer Analyst 678 336 4328 ikurbeko@atherogenics.com =20 no brain no pain =20 how about: if not (str_mo in ('','.') or str_da in ('','.') or str_yy in ('','.')) OR if not (missing(str_mo) or missing(str_da) or missing(str_yy)) Eric On 22 Oct 03 21:13:37 GMT, ikurbeko@ATHER...

Problems using 'bpchem' with the 'float' and 'threeparttable' packages
I am using the bpchem package - with pleasure - for numbering compounds etc. However, a problem seems to arise when a new CNlabel is defined within the tabular environment of a threeparttable environment or in the caption within a threeparttable environment or a user- defined float (using the float package). When defined in the tabular of a threeparttable, the table number is printed instead of the compound number, and when used in the caption of a threeparttable or a new float a warning is given and no number printed. Can anyone help me on this one? Cheers, Lone On May 15, 9:14 pm, Lone <l...@chem.au.dk> wrote: > I am using the bpchem package - with pleasure - for numbering > compounds etc. However, a problem seems to arise when a new CNlabel is > defined within the tabular environment of a threeparttable environment > or in the caption within a threeparttable environment or a user- > defined float (using the float package). > > When defined in the tabular of a threeparttable, the table number is > printed instead of the compound number, and when used in the caption > of a threeparttable or a new float a warning is given and no number > printed. > > Can anyone help me on this one? > > Cheers, Lone Could we have a minimal example showing the problem please? Do ou have the same problem if you use \CNlabelnoref to generate the labels before the table/float? I know that bpchem and float work together per se, as I use both a...

Need help converting 'onclick' script to 'href' script...
I've searched the web as well as I can for a solution to this problem but have found nothing and just don't know enough about JavaScript to figure out what's going. What I'm trying to do is convert this script: <a href="#" onclick="MM_goToURL('parent.frames[\'movieA\']','color2.html');return document.MM_returnValue">TEST</a> ....to something that I can use within a Flash movie, which as far as I can tell means that it needs to reside in the 'href' (GetURL) attribute instead of a separate 'onclick' event. I've tried to do this with this test version: <a href="javascript:MM_goToURL('parent.frames[\'movieA\']','color2.html');return document.MM_returnValue">TEST2</a> ....which seems to be working in Firefox/Mac, but nowhere else (IE and Safari are the only other browsers I really care about). I'm hoping that you JS pros will know immediately what the problem is here (other than the author not knowing what he's doing). Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. In case anyone is interested, I'm attempting to setup a Flash-based portfolio site that displays loaded-on-the-fly content in pop-up iFrames above the movie (*that* much I've figured out). The script above references this Macromedia script: <script type="text/JavaScript"> <!-- function MM_goToURL() { //v3.0 var i, args=MM_goToURL.arguments; docume...

Why can I get the size of the folder 'C:\Test\' and not of 'C:\' by using Microsoft Scripting Runtime
I've enabled Project - References... - Microsoft Scripting Runtime I use the following code to get the number of files and the size of all the files in a specific folder. Dim objFSO As Scripting.FileSystemObject Dim objFolder As Scripting.Folder Set objFSO = New Scripting.FileSystemObject Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder("C:\Test\") MsgBox(objFolder.Files.Count) MsgBox(objFolder.Size) This works great for all folders but it doesn't work for 'C:\', 'D:\', ... ... Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder("C:\") I can get the number of fi...

A function with 'and' , 'not' , 'null' , 'car' and 'cdr'
What's this ? (defun enigma (x) (and (not (null x)) (or (null (car x)) (enigma (cdr x))))) "I suppose I should learn Lisp, but it seems so foreign." - Paul Graham, Nov 1983 On Wed, Oct 07 2015, CAI GENGYANG wrote: > What's this ? > > > (defun enigma (x) > (and (not (null x)) > (or (null (car x)) > (enigma (cdr x))))) Bad taste? It returns T if the list X contains nil as an element. It would be clearer to write (some #'null x). Helmut CAI GENGYANG ...

Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a Win32 function to read the data from the card
Can I use LabVIEW to load data directly into system memory from a VI? The serial card I'm using isn't supported by NI nor does VISA recognize it. I'm using a&nbsp;Call Library&nbsp;function to read the data from the card and now I want it to go directly to system memory. The data is being received at 1Mbps. &nbsp; Thanks 1.You will most likely crash your system trying to write meg's/sec of data to system memory. LabVIEW has it's own memory manager and manages data for you. If you getting data to LabVIEW, I hope for the processinfg purposes. You didn't menti...

Issue with the 'script' command in users '.kshrc' and '.bashrc' files
I am attempting to monitor users actions by using the following 'script' command: # exec script -a /tmp/${LOG} In order to capture all types of login whether 'telnet', su, su - etc etc I have put it into the .profile, .dtprofile and the *rc shell files. This works fine for CSH and SH, however if I launch another session (dtterm &) or switch shell to either KSH or BASH, then it seems to spin round and attempt to infinately create fresh 'script' sessions until I quit out. Example below: Script started, file is /tmp/x Script started, file is /tmp/x Script started,...

error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attrib
Hi I'm trying to compile an ADC Driver & come acrosss the following error. I've no experience writing drivers before, and hence have no clue how to fix it. Hope someone out there has encountered the problem & suggesst a fix for the same. The Error is I get is : qadc.c: At top level: qadc.c:97: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'qadc_read' make: *** [qadc.o] Error 1 [root@localhost qadc]# ########################################################################### ADC Driver Code ########################################################################### #define MODULE #define __KERNEL__ #include <linux/config.h> #include <linux/module.h> #include <linux/kernel.h> /* printk */ #include <linux/fs.h> / #include <linux/errno.h> /* error codes */ #include <linux/types.h> /* size_t */ #include <linux/proc_fs.h> /* proc file system */ #include <linux/fcntl.h> #include <asm/system.h> /* cli, flags */ #include <asm/uaccess.h> /* copy from/to user */ /*Registers to get qadc access*/ volatile unsigned short * qadcmcr = (unsigned short *)0x40190000; volatile unsigned short * qacr0 = (unsigned short *)0x4019000a; volatile unsigned short * qacr1 = (unsigned short *)0x4019000c; volatile unsigned short * qacr2 = (unsigned short *)0x4019000e; volatile unsigned short * qasr0 = (unsigned short *)0x40190010; volatile unsigned short * qasr1...

error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attrib
Hi I'm trying to compile an ADC Driver & come acrosss the following error. I've no experience writing drivers before, and hence have no clue how to fix it. Hope someone out there has encountered the problem & suggesst a fix for the same. The Error is I get is : qadc.c: At top level: qadc.c:97: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'qadc_read' make: *** [qadc.o] Error 1 [root@localhost qadc]# ########################################################################### ADC Driver Code ##...

Using 'Module' inside 'Compile'
While I've worked with Mathematica for quite some time, I'm first learning the Compile function. Keeping it brief... Compile the function... f1 = Compile[{}, Module[{x, temp}, x = 4.; If[3 > 2, temp = x; Print["temp in 'if' statement: ", temp]]; Print["temp outside 'if' statement: ", temp]; ]; ]; Calling the function... f1[] Produces the following output: temp in 'if' statement: 4. temp outside 'if' statement: temp$3107 First, why does the function create a new local variable temp$3107 outside of the 'If' statement? Second, how can I bring the first value for "temp" outside of the if statement? Thanks in advance, Scott Kasen Hi, I assume when tmp is not used bevor, then it is *declared* and *initialized* inside the if block like in C f1() { double x = 4.0; if(3>2) { double tmp = x; printf("...",tmp); } printf("...",tmp); } so why don't you try f1 = Compile[{}, Module[{x, temp = 0.0}, x = 4.; If[3 > 2, temp = x; Print["temp in 'if' statement: ", temp]]; Print["temp outside 'if' statement: ", temp];];]; ? Cheers Patrick On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 02:31 -0400, Scott D. Kasen wrote: > While I've worked with Mathematica for quite some time, I'm first > learning the Compile function. Keeping ...

'CPU used when call started' vs 'CPU used by this session'
Hello I have recently read somewhere that the statistics (from v$sesstat/mystat/sysstat) 'CPU used when call started' and 'CPU used by this session' are (nearly) equivalent but that 'CPU used when call started' should be used instead of 'CPU used by this session' because the latter is buggy. Now, is that true? And if so, why does Oracle have two statistics for the same thing. If not so, what is the difference. I have played a bit with it and indeed, the values seem to be identical for both statistics. Thanks, Rene -- Rene Nyffenegger http://www.a...

Using 'match' and 'indirect' in excel
Hello everyone Short version: I was wondering if there is a way to either return a column letter (instead of a number) gotten using the match command or change a number into the corresponding letter, as indirect does not work properly if it sees the column as a number. (Short of 30 nested if commands :) ) Long version: I solved my previous problem of a list that changes weekday to weekday by using two spreadsheets, one for the "master list" and one for today's list. I used an array command with 'match' to find the correct row for the weekday and then indirect to collect that row to return the tasks for that weekday. However, I also have to use transpose so I have a vertical list because 'match' returns a number for a column and indirect doesn't understand. For example, if "Task 1" was in column B, and to be done Mon (row 3) and Fri (row 7), then "Task 1" would be typed into cells B3 and B7. If Task 2 (Column C) was due Tu/Th, it would be in cells C4 and C6. Task 3, on Mon/Th, would be D3 and D6. On Monday, then, my list would include "Task 1," one blank cell, and "Task 3," and I would then autofilter to nonblanks. I would prefer to have the weekdays be columns rather than rows, as it would be infinitely easier to read and modify, but the problem with using 'match' makes that impossible. So my array command reads: {=TRANSPOSE(INDIRECT("'Master List'...

difference between ',' and 'a,'
Small question. In gforth is there a difference between the words ',' and 'a,'? I'm thinking not, so perhaps another question, why have both ',' and 'a,'? Thanks Should be the same, in gforth: see , : , here cell allot ! ; ok see a, : , here cell allot ! ; ok On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 5:46:04 AM UTC-8, beeflo wrote: > Small question. In gforth is there a difference between the words ',' and 'a,'? > > I'm thinking not, so perhaps another question, why have both ',' and 'a,'? > > Thanks beeflo <beeflobill@gmail.com> writes: >Small question. In gforth is there a difference between the words ',' and 'a,'? > >I'm thinking not, so perhaps another question, why have both ',' and 'a,'? In Gforth itself, there is no difference. In Gforth's cross compiler, "a," is there for addresses, and "," is there for other cells; addresses can then be relocated when loading the image. - anton -- M. Anton Ertl http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/home.html comp.lang.forth FAQs: http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/forth/faq/toc.html New standard: http://www.forth200x.org/forth200x.html EuroForth 2014: http://www.euroforth.org/ef14/ ...

Using 'varargs' vs 'stdargs'
The changes to the Poplog Widget Set sources in $usepop/pop/x/Xpw suggested by Andreas Eder, appear to be a move from an old style of C programming involving 'varargs' to a newer style involving 'stdargs'. As I am not a C programmer I know nothing about this. I've tentatively (and blindly) incorporated his changes into a copy of the edited Xpw sources here: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/src/new/x/Xpw/Xpw.tar.gz which can be un-tarred into $usepop/pop/x if anyone wants to try compiling them and then re-linking. I've checked that the cha...

Web resources about - using '!' in matlab script - comp.lang.labview