VISA ERROR(hex 0xBFFF0011)

Hi, there,
I've programmed a VI that communicates via USB TMC with an instrument.
Works
fine on the Computer (Window 2000 with LV 7.0 Full Development), where
developed the VI.

I built an application of this VI. Works fine on the Computer, where I
developed.

When I try to portate it on another Computer (Window 2000 with Runtime
Engine LV
7.0) I have the following error

Error -1073807343 occurred at VISA Open in ***.VI.

Possible reasons:

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the
device or resource is not presnt in the system.

What cause this problem ?

Thanks a lot"
0
x9561 (148439)

Seems like your instrument is not being found on the second computer.
Most likely, your instrument drivers have not been properly installed.
If using VISA, you must have VISA drivers for that instrument
installed on the computer you are using to connect to that instrument.
You can use MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) to see if that
unit is properly installed.  If it doesn't show up in MAX, your
drivers are not properly installed.
0
x9561 (148439)
3/5/2004 10:02:59 PM
Check your Automation Explorer , Devices and Interfaces, Ports (serial
& Parallel). Check the Port you are trying to communicate with and see
if the Alias name is the same as in your program. I have had problems
using COM X  on some machines but ASRLX::INSTR works just fine.

I try to use an INI file to set the device configurations in it. If
you have a constant  with your resource name in you vi, It may be
calling your resource COM5 on you development machine but on your test
machine it may be COM2.

Both situations have happen to me.

Hope this helps.
Randall
0
x9561 (148439)
3/5/2004 10:09:35 PM
Definitely you will want configure an alias to your USBTMC instrument
and copy your visaconf.ini to your target machine.

Unlike other traditional GPIB instruments, it is unlikely that your
USB device has the same address when connected to another computer.
Therefore, use VISA aliases that allow you to configure your USB
device outside of your application.

To learn more about VISA and USB, you the following app note is
helpful:<br>
<a
href=http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/6792BAB18242082786256DD7006B6416?opendocument>
Using NI-VISA 3.0 to Control Your USB Device<a>
0
x9561 (148439)

VISA -1073807312 error(ERROR ABORT) in VISA READ
Hello, Running Labview 6.1 winXP. Have a program that amongst other things regularly communicates via the COM PORT to an external device. Works well, except every so often(I would say every 1/10 attempts), I get a -1073807312 error in the VISA READ vi. According to the documentation this is a ERROR_ABORT. A possible reason is given as user abort. There is no user intervention during communication. Any idea what could be causing this? Thank you for the help. Hi, check if "termination character" enabled or not. May be you receive termination character which aborts the communication....

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF006B) A framing error occurred during transfer.
Hello LabViewians, &nbsp; I am getting this error. I had everything running pretty good until I changes the message processing logic because I was not meeting the timing requirements. Now I am meeting the timing requirement meaning responding within 10msec of getting a command. I was not meeting this timing requirement so I tweak the code little bit to respond to each&nbsp; command i get. But, after I made the changes and I want to clafify here that I did not change any code that relates to visa interface, it started giving me this error. So, please help me out great minds out there. ...

VISA error when trying to read hex data over serial port
Hi - Sorry about this. I am posting this question as a new thread as I am still having serious problems and may be able to shed more light now. &nbsp; Basically I am trying to read data formatted as a string of comma separated hexadecimal words over the serial link. &nbsp; The data is&nbsp;formatted thus:&nbsp; &lt;first word&gt;,&nbsp; &lt;second word&gt;, &lt;third word&gt; etc.... &lt;last word, &lt;CR&gt;&nbsp; where &lt;CR&gt; is a carriage return. &nbsp; Where each word represents a number, e.g.&nbsp; AB01 is 437...

Re: ERROR-&gt;1073807339 occured at VISA read in Labview-&gt;Serial.vi
hI, Rohit i'm also facing a same problem what should i do . see attach. zainudin visa serial not working.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/323802/1/visa serial not working.JPG Why are you posting to such an old thread? The error you have is common and numerous solutions have posted. Did you search the forums for that error code? A common mistake is not using the correct termination character. Since all you posted was an image and not the actual VI, it's hard to say if you have set the write buffer control correctly as mentioned above but it's definite that no terminat...

Re: I have problems getting readings from an Agilent 34401 using the LabView drivers from the IDN. I get VISA timeouts, error code is -1073807339.
I have also today seen the same error messages while trying to use the example code for the 34401A...... Anyone since found a solution? it does appear to be a timing issue. &nbsp; Thanks! Adam It was with the standard 34401 Plug and Play drivers I was seeing the problem. Running the examples within the driver was giving me a 410 error on the voltmeter. When I&nbsp;created a simple routine myself I also saw the same error. &nbsp; I have since downloaded the Project style 34401 drivers and all works well..... I am not quite sure where these differ and the reasoning behind the two st...

Error 200378 on executable; error 200077 on LabVIEW
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Previously I have been using the NI USB 6008 to measure a 0-10 volt signal.&nbsp; Then using a known function and the mathematical functions on the block diagram, converted the voltage to pressure (mbar).&nbsp; I?ve just added another channel to monitor pressure in another device but its conversion from volts to pressure is different.&nbsp; However, both channels come out of the DAQ assistant in one wire.&nbsp; I attempted to give each channel a custom scale using the Custom Scale command and making a table of points.&nbsp; In the developing ...

DSC, VI-Based Server, problems to open visa resource, VISA:(Hex 0xBFFF0072) The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it., -1073807246
Error: -1073807246 VISA:(Hex 0xBFFF0072) The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it. &nbsp; Hello, when you are writing a "VI-based server" and you open a visa resource you (can) get in trouble, see also: &nbsp;<a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/6807113B057FDE4C86256B41008212ED?opendocument&amp;Submitted&amp;&amp;node=133020_US" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/6807113B057FDE4C86256B41008212ED?opendocument&amp;Submitted&amp;&amp;node=133020_US</a> &nbsp;<a...

Error Code &quot;1097.....this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory..........&quot; appears after exit the labview and re-start labview
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a probelm when I use the "tool/import shared library(.dll)" wizard&nbsp;to generate the&nbsp;API from C. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The API &nbsp;works correctly when I complete the wizard, but after I exit labview and re-start labview to run&nbsp;the API&nbsp;again. The error 1097 code "......this might corrupted LABVIEW's memory.............."appears. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs...

Fatal Error
After creating an installaion program, I tried testing the install of my app.&nbsp; The application user interface appears with a Fatal Error dialog box stating LABVIEW.LIB was not called from a LabVIEW process. &nbsp; Other information on this forum regarding a LABVIE.LIB error, usually mention some types of .dll calls, I have no such calls in my application so I'm curious if anyone else has a similar problem and hopefully a solution. &nbsp; Development machine and test install system both XP Pro Using LabVIEW 8.0.1 &nbsp; Thanks in advance. &nbsp; Con &nbsp; &...

LabVIEW error
I got an error when I tried to troubleshooting my LabView application. Can anyone help me? &nbsp; &nbsp; LabVIEW 7.1 Error.jpg: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/131393/1/LabVIEW 7.1 Error.jpg Good afternoon CheaChee, The .cpp errors that are rarely encountered while running LabVIEW are a result of a LabVIEW internal error.&nbsp; The source code for LabVIEW is quite complicated and the possible execution paths that a user can take are infinite.&nbsp; Because of this, it is often extremely difficult to pinpoint the cause of one of these errors unless it is repeatable.&nbsp; We at National Instruments are committed to the quality of our products (including LabVIEW), so if you encounter these errors we are always interested to hear about them. This document discusses why these types of errors occur and how to handle them: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/01B186B5CEB1D07786256747000F4319?OpenDocument.&nbsp; Thanks for posting, and have a great weekend. Travis M Applications Engineer National Instruments ...

To Labview or not to labview
I am facing a large decision, to continue developement with labview or to m= ove on to .NET or Delphi. <br>The desire to move comes from the simple fac= t that .NET and Delphi applications 'look' more like windows applications b= oth in appearance and operation. What I am talking about are the menus for= file, edit,printing that we are so used to with such packages as Excel and= the like.<br>I tend to use labview in the following way: write an applica= tion and distribute it to MANY clients running everything from 98 to XP. I= just feel labview is moving away from th...

Visa / Labview
Bonjour, &nbsp; J'aimerai savoir quelles sont les configurations a effectuer entre Labview et Visa. &nbsp; J'utilise un multimetre agilent 34401A, je parviens a communiquer avec lui avec Agilent Connection Expert ou meme avec Visa Interactive Control mais lorsque je lance mon VI sous labview, l'instrument ne reagit pas aux commandes. &nbsp; Quelqu'un pourrait m'eclairer ? &nbsp; Merci &nbsp; Romain Bonjour, Une premi�re chose, ici c'est le forum anglais il vous faut donc poster en anglais ;-) Il existe une partie fran�aise <a href="../b...

When is an error not an error?
The Java language specification claims in: 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations .... "If an anonymous class instance creation expression appears within an explicit constructor invocation statement, then the anonymous class may not refer to any of the enclosing instances of the class whose constructor is being invoked." Helpfully it gives an example: "For example: class Top { int x; class Dummy { Dummy(Object o) {} } class Inside extends Dummy { Inside() { super(new Object() { int r = x; }); // err...

When is an error not an error?
When it's OSS slopware, of course. http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: > When it's OSS slopware, of course. > > http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png > Well, some time ago I had a problem with OE - too long reference line to other posts, and OE of course refused to send... then crashed. Should I name it a feature? -- Andrea On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:25:29 +0200, Andrea wrote: > On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: >> When it's OSS slopware, of course. >> >> http:/...

how do I capture errors/warnings from the error list via labview code
I can see the errors and warnings in the error list, but I can not grab the text and process it. I'm assuming that what you want to do is extract information from an error wire. Just wire an Unbundle By Name function to the wire, right click on the function and choose Select Item>Text. No. I want to retrieve the errors and warnings from the compiler. Example: You have written some code, but you have a broken arrow. You hit Ctrl+L and the error list appears. If you have the warnings box checked, you also see warnings like hidden objects etc... I want to capture the warnings from th...

VISA error
Hello, I connected the Polhemus Fastrak to my LabVIEW driver and am having difficulties reading the data. The problem lies in the VISA Configure node. This is the message get: Error -1073807330 occurred at Property Node (arg 3) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->Polhemus Driver.vi Possible reason(s): VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF001E) The specified state of the attribute is not valid, or is not supported as defined by the resource. I would appreciate any input! Thanks! Ivanka What are you setting the serial port to? I'm not sure if the parameter numbers is zero based or not. It's e...

Error 1073 when building LabVIEW app which calls LabVIEW dll
I am trying to use application builder to build an application that calls a dll created in LabVIEW. I get an error referencing a vi within the dll (Parse Stored String(multibyte).vi) saying that "This property is writable or this method is available only when the VI is in edit mode." The only option is to Continue which cancels the build. I had sucessfully built this application prior to including vis that call the dll and the program runs fine in the development environment. Do you have any idea what is causing this and what I cam do about it? I have found a temporary workaround i...

ActiveX error -2147023149 in LabVIEW 7.1 but not LabVIEW 6.1
This is an interesting problem. There is a Tektronics ActiveX control for a TLA700 that works flawlessly in LabVIEW 6.1. An upgrade was made to LabVIEW 7.1 and when simple calls are made to this ActiveX component it throws the error "-2147023149". On google I found: -2147023149 == "The authentication service is unknown." A final note is VB and VC++ have no trouble using this control on the same machine. I have searched every possible resource availible and am getting no where on pin pointing where this error could be coming from. Anyone have any ideas or even seen th...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type of problem and has solved it if he/she could give me a hand or if anyone could just point out what I should be looking for in this type of problem. Thanks in advance... gek ...

niHSDIO error in labview 8.2. error in niHSDIO Get Session Reference.vi
I get an error in the niHSDIO Get Session Reference.vi.&nbsp; the error is on the wire from refnum to the refnum input of the register session function.&nbsp; It says "This wire connects to a polymorphic terminal that cannot accept this datatype." &nbsp; &nbsp; I've installed all the required drivers of the latest version: visa 3.4 ivi compliance package 2.5 NI-DAQmx83 NIHSDIO 1.4.2 measurement and automation 4.1 &nbsp; I still get this error. thanks kevin &nbsp; Kevin, please verify that the error occurs within the blockdiagram i attached. If it does,...

when VISA write for VXI-11 instrument gets executed
My VXI-11 board works when I query&nbsp;the board from MAX with *IDN?&nbsp;from MAx, But I get a session lost error when I try to do the same from LabVIEW 8.2.1 VI open a seesion and doing a write and read of *IDN? Hello,If you can communicate with the device in MAX, your device is working properly. Can you please post a screenshot of the error and your LabVIEW code?Thank you, ...

error message:" labview 7.1 development system has encountunered an error" #3
sir, &nbsp; my labview program is abruptly shutting down upon compilation using CRIO-7831, it was working good earlier, but the problem is persisting since i made some changes in the code, iam attaching the vi to this mail, suggest if i need to make any changes to solve this problem. &nbsp; vamsi elevator_display.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/177499/1/elevator_display.vi ...

[compilation error] debugging this error message "Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to"
Hi,I have a class called Device that instantiates another class DbMoneyin this manner:=== return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() );===1) Both are in the same package, i.e. my.IMoney & my.Device2) When I compile them, javac complains with the error:Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to (my.IMoney,java.lang.String) return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() ) ^Q) My arguments to the DbMoney constructor match that of its declaredmethod parameters. So that can't be the problem. What am I doingwrong ?Gavin On Mar 28, 3:25 pm, "Gavin&...

LabVIEW 8.2 -- "unable to locate LabView run-time" error message
I am trying to run a LabVIEW version 8 exe file and keep getting the "Unable to locate" error. I downloaded LabVIEW_8.2_Runtime_Engine.exe from the NI website and installed the entire contents of the distribution. After getting the error, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, with the same result. Is there some way I can troubleshoot this? Is there a configuration file or a registry entry I can check to see where LabVIEW is looking for the run-time? ...

Web resources about - VISA ERROR(hex 0xBFFF0011) - comp.lang.labview

Donald Trump held a rally and nothing chaotic happened for once
CLEVELAND, Ohio — Donald Trump’s Saturday rally in Cleveland almost felt normal after all the violence and tension of the last few days. Nobody ...

Google’s AlphaGo Has Won Its Third Match Against Go World Champion Lee Sedol
For the third time, Google’s AlphaGo has beaten Lee Sedol, the human world champion of Go. The win is an incredible demonstration of the artificial ...

Daylight Saving Time 2016: How, When, And Why To Spring Forward This Weekend
This is the time of year that virtually everyone dreads, and it is because they are going to lose an hour of sleep due to Daylight Saving Time ...

Record-breaking astronaut Scott Kelly retiring this April
Astronaut Scott Kelly, the International Space Station's selfie king, is retiring from his post at NASA on April 1st no foolin'. The American ...

Boy, 16, is among six dead as rescuers hunt for 10 buried by 1,000ft wide avalanche in Italian Alps
Six skiers have died in an avalanche on Monte Nevoso in the Italian Alps. Police in Bolzano and Brunico confirmed the deaths in an avalanche ...

Terrorists tied to ISIS launch chemical-laced weapons on Iraqi town, officials say
CNN Terrorists tied to ISIS launch chemical-laced weapons on Iraqi town, officials say CNN (CNN) Suspected terrorists with links to ISIS on ...

North Korea Submarine Missing As Large Scale US And South Korea Military Drills Continue
A North Korean submarine operating off North Korea’s east coast has gone missing. Three senior officials revealed that U.S. aircraft, ships and ...

Dog Whisperer Investigated For Alleged Pig Baiting
The “Dog Whisperer” Cesar Millan is being investigated for animal cruelty. A segment from his popular TV show on Nat Geo WILD caused public uproar ...

Two Officials Stabbed as Unrest at Alabama Prison Leads to Lockdown
NBCNews.com Two Officials Stabbed as Unrest at Alabama Prison Leads to Lockdown NBCNews.com The only prison in Alabama that carries out executions ...

Fix or trade in those old iPhones and iPads, they are worthless rotting in a drawer
A few months ago we teamed up with two of the leaders in the iPhone/iPad/tech repair business iFixyouri and Myphones Unlimited to help you guys ...