What are my options for deploying DAQ assistant with a built LabView application.

I am currently working on a LabView application which I intend to build with LabView Application Builder and deploy on a couple of computers within the company.  The application's end-users will need to create and edit DAQmx scales and virtual channels using the DAQ assistant once the application is deployed.  It looks like we (or anybody else) is only licensed use use the DAQ assistant to create scales and virtual channels if there is also a valid license for LabView, LabWindows, or Measurement Studio also installed on the computer.

(See <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/402D2EB45062FBC486256DD600634695" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/402D2EB45062FBC486256DD600634695</a>&nbsp;for the licensing restrictions message that pops up if you create a scale without having LabView, LabWindows, or Measurement Studio installed.)
&nbsp;
Is there an option to buy/obtain a deployment license which would allow my end-users to use the DAQ assistant without purchasing a LabView, LabWindows, or Measurement Studio development system license which they would not otherwise need or use?
&nbsp;
Thanks,
&nbsp;
Mark Moss
0
x9561 (148466)

That link does not apply at all. The link was referring to using the DAQ Assistant with an evaluation (unlicensed) version of LabVIEW. As a matter of fact, you cannot use the DAQ Assistant at all with a built application. The only way to start up the DAQ Assistant is to do so from the block diagram and you don't have a block diagram in an exe.
You can skip the DAQ Assistant altogether and use the low level DAQmx functions and with front panel controls, modify any aspect of task that you want. You will also install DAQmx and you have the option of installing MAX on the pc. Tasks can be added/modified there.
0
x9561 (148466)
4/7/2008 3:40:07 PM
Dennis Knutson wrote:

That link does not apply at all. The link was referring to using the DAQ Assistant with an evaluation (unlicensed) version of LabVIEW. As a matter of fact, you cannot use the DAQ Assistant at all with a built application. The only way to start up the DAQ Assistant is to do so from the block diagram and you don't have a block diagram in an exe.
You can skip the DAQ Assistant altogether and use the low level DAQmx functions and with front panel controls, modify any aspect of task that you want. You will also install DAQmx and you have the option of installing MAX on the pc. Tasks can be added/modified there.

I get the same message as shown in that KB article if I start MAX and then attempt to create a DAQmx Scale without having LabView installed on the computer.&nbsp; I would prefer to do what you suggest (Install MAX and allow the user to create/edit scales and virtual channels using DAQ Assistant within MAX), but it doesn't appear the license for DAQ Assistant and/or NI-DAQmx will allow the end-user to do so without also installing a&nbsp;LabView, LabWindows, or MeasurementStudio development system.
&nbsp;
What I'd really like to know is if there is a deployment licence I can purchase, or otherwise (legally) obtain, to allow the end-user to use DAQ Assistant within MAX without purchasing an otherwise unneeded LabView, LabWindows, or MeasurementStudio development system license.
Thanks,
&nbsp;
Mark Moss
0
x9561 (148466)
4/7/2008 5:40:08 PM
I'm not sure what exactly might be happening on your system. I can create/modify a task on a pc without LabVIEW being installed. In any case, I never use the DAQ Assistant and I know that channels/scales/ranges can be changed in a built program using the low level DAQmx functions and only DAQmx and the LabVIEW run-time installed.
0
x9561 (148466)
4/7/2008 8:10:08 PM
Hello, Dennis is right.&nbsp; The NI-DAQmx drivers themselves do not need to be licensed, so as long as they are there, you will have access to Measurement &amp; Automation Explorer (MAX) and be able to edit tasks.&nbsp; The low-level VIs (you can see them used in the LabVIEW shipping examples) are the ones you should use.&nbsp;
0
x9561 (148466)
4/8/2008 5:10:08 PM
Thanks, everybody, for your quick responses.&nbsp; I probably wasn't clear enough in my original question.

&nbsp;

I know I can use the low-level VI's to create and modify scales, tasks, etc. programmatically.&nbsp; However, what I want to do is let my&nbsp;users&nbsp;create their own custom scales (for&nbsp;a new sensor, for example)&nbsp;through NI-MAX.&nbsp; According to the message that pops up when I&nbsp;begin to create a custom scale in NI-MAX on a system without LabView installed,&nbsp;I'm&nbsp;only allowed to create scales, tasks, and channels if&nbsp;I have&nbsp;a properly-licensed development system installed (LabView, LabWindows, or MeasurementStudio) on that computer.

&nbsp;

What I want to know is if there is a deployment license, or similar,&nbsp;available that would let my users create scales in NI-MAX, without violating the license terms, on a computer that has my built application, but no development system, installed.

&nbsp;

Thanks,

&nbsp;

Mark Moss
0
x9561 (148466)
4/8/2008 5:40:07 PM
Hello Mark, I have been able to successfully create tasks, scales, and associate
custom scales to tasks in MAX on a system without any of the
development environments.&nbsp;
NI-MAX is not activation-driven, and can be installed on a system without having any of the NI development environments.Can you step us through what you are doing?&nbsp; I am having trouble understanding when you are receiving this error as playing with MAX in the way you described should not cause that.Have you tried yet using the low level VIs?&nbsp; The low-level VIs we are speaking of are not for creating scales or modifying tasks.&nbsp; The low-level VIs are the basic DAQmx Read/Write, Timing, Start Task, Stop Task, etc.&nbsp; You do not need to use the DAQ Assistant at all, and instead you can creat the task in MAX itself and apply the custom scale from there.
0
x9561 (148466)
4/9/2008 4:10:07 PM
First, I should mention that this is probably not specifically a LabView problem.&nbsp; I asked the question here because I want to find out how I can let my users create their own custom scales in NI-MAX for use with my built LabView application.&nbsp; Using the low-level VI's is no problem at all.&nbsp; In fact, in my LabView program, I build the task based on the physical channels and&nbsp;scales specified by the user.&nbsp; However, I need to allow the user to create their own custom scales after my built LabView program has been installed on the computer.

- Open NI-MAX on a computer doesn't have LabView installed.

- Expand the "Scales" item in the tree.

- Right-click on the "NI-DAQmx Scales" item and choose "Create New DAQmx Scale..." from the context menu.

- After choosing "Create New DAQmx Scale...", the a dialog box pops up (see attached image) informing me that I'm not allowed to create new scales unless I have a LabView, LabWindows, or MeasurementStudio installed.

- If I check the "I understand and will comply with the Licensing Restrictions" box, nothing prevents me from creating a new scale, but it appears that to do so would violate the license terms.

License restrictions dialog1.png:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/315041/1/License restrictions dialog1.png
0
x9561 (148466)
4/9/2008 5:10:05 PM
Hello Mark, Thank you for your reply.It seems that the message you are seeing is merely a message and not an error.&nbsp; Your users should be able to create and modify tasks easily even though they see the message.&nbsp; If it does not stop you from doing what you need, then I would not be worried about the message since you do have a LabVIEW license on the development system and shouldn't be concerned with violating any licenses.Take care!
0
x9561 (148466)

Time in LabVIEW DAQ Assistant and Write LabVIEW file
Hello all, I would be extremely grateful for your assistance in helping me understand the timing in LabVIEW. Here are the details of the system. The data acquisition is done using&nbsp;a simple LabVIEW 8.2 based program consisting of a DAQ Assistant VI and a Write to Measurement File VI, which writes data in TDM format (binary with XML header). The hardware consists of a 1042Q chassis that contains 2 PXI-6133 cards. 16 transducers are connected to these 8 channel cards. The chassis is connected to a PC by means of MXI-4 fiber optic cable and a PCI-8336 card. &nbsp; I would like to sample all 16 channels simultaneously at 500 kS/s for 2 secs. or 1MS/s for 0.5 secs. When the signals were sampled at 500kS/s x 2secs., the time column looks like this when opened on DIAdem. &nbsp; Serial#&nbsp;&nbsp; Time&nbsp;&nbsp; Time(in secs. when displayed in number format with 8 decimals) 1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 07/10/2007 00:09:42.1406&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 63351158982.14060800 14&nbsp;&nbsp; 07/10/2007 00:09:42.1407&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 63351158982.14069760 64&nbsp;&nbsp; 07/10/2007 00:09:42.1408&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 63351158982.14080000 109 07/10/2007 00:09:42.1409&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 63351158982.14090240 etc. &nbsp; The time does not change from serial 1 to 13, and&nbsp;only at the 14th row does&nbsp;it change, after which it&nbsp;remai...

labview crashing when calling labview-built dll
Hello I need some help with regard to calling a LabVIEW-built DLL in LabVIEW.I have created a vi in LabVIEW. I made the DLL for this vi. I called this VI as a re-entrant in another vi.This vi(calling DLL) has been working fine till yesterday. Since yesterday, it started crashing LV.I need some help in this regard.I am attaching the screenshots of the Application Builder configuration window, the B.D of the vi using DLL and that of the configuration window which pops up when i call the DLL.I made a vi which performs FRA. I built its DLL.I have around 10 inputs. I output 3 one-dimensional arrays, and a string from the DLL.When i build the DLL, the builder defines the outputs 'gain', 'phase' and 'frequency' as arrays of 8-byte double.When i call this DLL in my vi, the configuration window sets them as 'numeric' outputs.Why does this happen? What is the solution to this?When i try to set them as 'array' in this configuration window, i get a warning that i am trying to change the data types which do not match with the data type found in the DLL. Is this the problem with my code or with the Application Builder?Now, after i change the 3 output datatypes to Arrays, and set their minimum length(i assumed that this value means the size of the array ), the vi runs and crashes LV. I am nto sure when it crashes, why it crashes. It runs fine at one time. It crashes at another time. I am nto sure if these arrays are teh reason why L...

How can i use labview.tlb to control Labview from an external application?
Hi, I've been told by a labview engineer that i could use the file labview.tlb located in the labview install folder to control labview from an external application (in my case, a C# app). I'm using Labview 6.1 under Windows 2000. This article confirms that: "ActiveX and LabVIEW" http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/5401BE584FBAEECE862567C2006D36C7?opendocument But i've not been able to find out how to use this file to achieve what i want. I just want to be able to open/close labview, open/close a vi, start/stop a vi, hide/show a vi from a C# application. Th...

change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW
change a LabVIEW array outside LabVIEW and keep updated in LabVIEW hi, I am Interfacing a FrameGrabber with LabVIEW using a frame grabber SDK(dll). The memory managment of this FG allow you to allocate your own Array and to give a pointer to this Array to the memory manager. Then when you acquire with the frame grabber, the acquired image will be directly accessible in your array. 1.I give to the FG memory manager a pointer to the Labview array through a SDK Dll function. 2. I run the acquisition 3. I display the array My problem is that the Array is allways displayed with it initial val...

Uninstall option for LabVIEW build application
Hello All, I want to create a Uninstaller for and LabVIEW application created in 8.5.Please give your suggestion for how to create....Regards,Bharathi T Hi! &nbsp;&nbsp; In LV 7.1, when I create an installer, "setup.exe" installs the application, but can be used also to uninstall application.&nbsp;&nbsp; Hope this may help you!graziano This is still valid in LabVIEW 8.5, if you build an installer it will show up in the Windows program list. Ton It's showed only the application(.exe), I want uninsall the installed application which is created by LabVIEW 8.5.1&nbsp;and Installed in Xp machine. Please help.... Hi! &nbsp;&nbsp; Have you just Build an application, or created an Installer?&nbsp; You have to create an installer to install application, is not the same as creating an executable!graziano If you run the installer again, it should uninstall the application. I think that is how it works. I am not sure if you need a separate uninstaller for LV compiled installers. I just created the Installer and Installed in Xp machine. I want to uninstall the application with out going to Add/Remove programs. In LabVIEW is there any option avalibale to create the&nbsp;insataller with uninstaller option???? Hi! &nbsp;&nbsp; If you like it, you can make the installer create another application, "uninstall.exe", which simply points to "setup.exe", that's the uninstaller! :smileyhappy:graziano Pleas li...

Driver paths in Labview no DAQ Assist
Hello, I am new to LabView and I recently installed the student edittion of Labview 8.5. For some unknown, crazy reason i did not install this to the default drive path, ie C:program files\ etc but to another drive on the computer, ie E:.Now the problem is that i need to use the DAQ Assistant for my USB-6008 board. I have installed the the NI drivers which came with it and the board works fine in MAX, recognises it and i can get temp readings from the circuit i built. When I try to use Labview I cannot find the DAQ Assist in the Input section on the palette.Could some please help me. My mate gave me a file he did on his Labview but when i try to load it starts looking for DABmx Control Task and a whole host of other files.Much appreaciated for any help in this matter.Lee Hi Lee Its cool to install things into different places on your drive - sometimes its essential. there is also an easy solution to your problem. What you have at the moment is different drivers and programs spread around your computer with no links to each other so they are unable to reference each other. To create these links yopu will need to mass compile. Within LabVIEW go to the tools menu and then select Advanced&gt;&gt;Mass compile. This will bring up a window that will allow you to select a directory. Select the directory that you have saved all your DAQmx drivers and then select mass compile. This should allow you to see all the VIs in the correct menus within labVIEW. I hope this is of some ...

Determining if LabVIEW is open from a built application
I'm trying to determine if the LabVIEW environment is open from a built LabVIEW application. Is there an ActiveX property or method that tells me what apps are in memory? Maybe something in the Windows API? Any info would be appreciated. John I use the <A href="http://www.openg.org">Open G Tools</A> for that situation. The Get Task List.vi will return an array of strings listing the running applications. Michael Munroe www.abcdefirm.com Thanks Michael, I received another suggestion on how to use the Windows API (User32.dll) to detect LV in the background which ...

Will my LabView Application Builder 4.0 work with my Labview 4.1?
Upgrading LabView 4.1 is not an option, due to legacy software/hardware issues, but I need to make the code either password-protected or an executable for software configuration purposes. From our software library archive, I can only find Application Builder 4.0 Hi, in all of the "newer" LV-versions it is possible to save into "one step back" - Version ( LV6.1 ==> to LV6.0). It should be possible for you to save your LV4.1-application to LV4.0 and then create an .exe. Find this under "Save with Options" \ "Save for previous" ... hope this works f...

Can I run a LabVIEW 7.1 Application on a system with LabVIEW 6.1?
The VI App did not run properly, even after I installed the LabVIEW 7.1 Run time engine. Perhpas I need to uninstall the LV 6.1 run time engine? Thank you for any suggestions; perhaps it's something minor that I'm overlooking! Are you talking about a 7.1 exe or VI? An executable will run with 6.1 installed and the 7.1 run-time. A 7.1 VI will only run with 7.1 development system. When you say it did not run properly, what exactly do you mean? I am referring to trying to run a 7.1 EXE application on a system with a resident 6.1 development environment, and the 7.1 run-time engine ins...

NI Assisted LabVIEW Application Upgrades at NIWeek
At NIWeek 2008, NI is hosting the following two-hour, hands-on session: H1692 - Upgrading Your LabVIEW ApplicationNI engineers will demonstrate the process of upgrading customer-submitted applications and give a short presentation on the upgrade process for each application, potential issues that may arise, and techniques used to solve each issue. NI is accepting code applications for this session.To learn more about this opportunity, and read the requirements for submitting your application, click <a href="http://www.ni.com/niweek/customer_apps.htm" target="_blank">here</a>. Respectfully, This is an excellent idea and a presentation that many should attend, as it is a frequent question within the forum. &nbsp; A link to the video of the presentation should be available and easy to find after the presentation is made.&nbsp; It will help many people in the future. &nbsp; Thanks Jeffrey. &nbsp; R That's a great idea.&nbsp; I will see what I can do to have this session recorded. Regards, ...

Using global variables between LabVIEW built applications
Hi, &nbsp; Firstly, Im sort of an idiot with this stuff, so please excuse my ignorance!!&nbsp; I am trying to develop a bunch of applications that communicate with a central VI through 2 global variables.&nbsp; Think of it as if I am transmitting messages back and forth, and one of those variables is for communication from any application to the central VI and the other variable is for communication the other way.&nbsp; As for the applications, any one of them (or multiples of them) can be open at any given time.&nbsp; So the end user has the ability to open one or two or more "panels" and they all work at the same time. &nbsp; Anyway, my problem lies in the use of the global variables.&nbsp; This whole system works great when I am using it in the labview development environment, but when I try to build applications out of my vi's, I have problems&nbsp; Its like each application has its own instance of the set of global variables, rathar than sharing them like they did in the Labview environment.&nbsp; So what this means is that only one application will work at a time, and when I try to use a second one at the same time, it wont "connect" to the globals. &nbsp; I have also tried implementing Network-published shared variables, which I think is the wrong way to go simply because of timing issues, and besides, I don't need to publish these things on our network. &nbsp; So is there any way that I can easily...

How can I get handle(s) to and poll non-LabVIEW window(s)/application(s) from LabVIEW?
Want to launch&nbsp;EXE from LabVIEW, wait for user to finish with EXE's UI, and once they closed it, return execution flow in LabVIEW. Cool, no problem. Used the System Exec VI and with the "wait until completion" = TRUE the EXE never launches. Not sure why. With the "wait until completion" = FALSE, the application runs with no problems, but now LabVIEW no longer waits.&nbsp; Can't tell when user is done. Work around idea... Once the Sys Exec VI launches the EXE, wait&nbsp;and poll some Windows API call to see when the window for the specific EXE closes. Cool. I know G and no C.&nbsp; What I would ideally like is a DLL, that I can wrap with the DLL Import Wizard.&nbsp; Of course best would be a VI and the wrapped API call. Any ideas? You could try it with a pipe. With a pipe you can open an exe, and interact with it through a read and write reference. Although in your case the exe might not start, since the normal sysexec doesn't start it... http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=270461&requireLogin=False Regards, Wiebe. ...

struggling how to set up 2 daq assist on labview in the same VI
hi all, &nbsp; hope someone can help me out &nbsp; I am currently using the scxi 2345 with some SCC FT01 feed through modules, these are just to record some voltages from some transducers. What&nbsp;I am struggling with is setting up 2 daq assist on&nbsp;a single VI, it is coming back with a error stating specified resouce is reserved and then a window saying learn more about automatic handling. How would I also have these 2 values logged on the same graph or chart? Anyone any ideas how to set these up. I ideally want to have 3 daq assist in the same Vi but not sure if this is ...

VIs from LabView libraries not found in .exe built with Application Builder
I have added VIs that are called by reference to the dynamic vi list in the App Builder, but some of them fail to run because of sub VIs that aren't found at runtime. These sub VIs are from the standard LabView libraries. For example: "Open/Create/Replace file.vi", "Write Key (I32).vi", "Open File+.vi" and "Read File+ (string).vi". Also, a typedef "ADC.flx.ctl" can't be found(from the Motion CustomControls library). Even if I have those VIs open when I compile all of my VIs (using Ctrl-Shift-Run), they can't be found when I run th...

Re: LabVIEW and LabVIEW RT?
Hello Iman, I will try to illustrate it with an example since it all will depend on the type of application you would like to implement. Let's say you would like to implement an application where you log data, maybe exchange data with databases and you acquire a bunch of data points at a time not performing any type of control and where high determinism is&nbsp;not needed. In this case LabVIEW for Windows work great. If you on the other hand would like to implement a closed-loop application where you need high determinism and reliability and will acquire data point by point you would use LabVIEW RT which is an add-on to LabVIEW. I.e. you need LabVIEW + LabVIEW RT when developing an RT application. ...

A labview application
Hi, I'm interested in working with labview but I'm not sure if it suits my particular application. I'm designing a DSP application aimed at industrial applications. Is it possible to create an appliation using labview - such as a .exe - that could for example be downloaded online by clients, and then executed on their PC without labview? Or do you have to have labview installed on your PC? I'm a student so lab view is available for free to me, but a client would need to spend a few thousand dollars I believe in order to use my program if they dont already have labview, correc...

How do I configure the TCP/IP options for LabVIEW 8.5 applications?
I?m trying to configure a VI to call data from a running executable.&nbsp; The VIs were originally written in LabVIEW 6.1 then made into executables.&nbsp; In the application, I was able to configure the VI Server options.&nbsp; I am interested in purchasing LabVIEW 8.5 and have downloaded the trial version.&nbsp; I built the VI and found that the options that were previously available in 6.1 executables are no longer available in 8.5 executables.&nbsp; I found a posting on KnowledgeBase that told me how to setup the VI Server Options.&nbsp; &nbsp; VI Server is setup the following way for Application.exe before it is built:&nbsp; VI Server: Configuration ? All boxes have checkmarks VI Server: Machine Access ? Machine access list?added * to list; also tried adding everyhost VI Server: Exported Vis ? Exported Vis ? added * to list; also tried adding everyhost &nbsp; VI Server is setup the following way for call.vi: VI Server: Configuration ? Checkbox is cleared for TCP/IP &nbsp; I continuously get error 63 after I open the Application Reference in the call.vi.&nbsp; Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?&nbsp; I am a relatively new user and am quite certain there is something small I?m overlooking.&nbsp; Thanks!! ...

If i have a labview .vi file(and labview) but i want to open it in a computer that doesn't have labview, how would i do it??
Okay, i have a made a labview program and save it as.vi. &nbsp; Let's say that it is a program that when opened and you hit run it shows a sine wave. &nbsp; Now if i wanted to open up the program without Labview, ( i don't need to modify it) on a computer that doesn't have labview. How would i go about doing this?? &nbsp; Thanks, K ...

DAQ assistant with AT-MIO-16E-2 board LabVIEW 7.1
Hi there, I'm just trying to get started with some simple data acquisition, to learn the basics about it and hopefully be able to do more advanced stuff later. &nbsp; I'm running LabVIEW 7.1 on Windows 2000, with an AT-MIO-16E-2 board connected to a NI TBX-68 which currently only has one thermocouple connected on channel 0. When I open MAX, I can see the board and if i press on test panels, i'm able to see the channel and it reacts if I touch the thermocouple. Therefore that seems to be all right. &nbsp; But then if I try to put in the DAQ assistant into a VI and try to set up a task, it always says that 'no supported device could be found'. Does anybody around here know how to go about solving this problem? &nbsp; Thanks a bunch, &nbsp; Fabian Hi Fabian, did you try to program this function by yourself with the DAQmx vi? Maybe this works. Mike Hi Mike, thanks for your quick reply! I don't really know how to go about programming it in the DAQmx vi... can you give me some advice about how to do it? Thanks, Fabian Hi fabian, here is a simple example. Maybe you can change it for your use. Mike Unbenannt 1_LV80.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/312984/1/Unbenannt 1_LV80.vi Thanks Mike. Can you save files for older labview versions in labview 8? I'm running 7.1 so can't open it up. :S Hi fabian, sorry for that, here is a picture. Mike Unbenannt.PNG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/312991/1/Unbenannt.PNG ...

LabVIEW
Hi ALL, I am a new user of LabVIEW. I have been assigned to acquire a signal from a sensor at a car. However, all these signals must be filtered. But I am not sure, what type of filter most powerful. Besides, as I know, different type of signal needs differenct type of filter. Anybody can help me to solve my problems. Your kind cooperation is highly appreciated. Regards, M. Firdaus, France Fird wrote: > Hi ALL, > I am a new user of LabVIEW. > I have been assigned to acquire a signal from a sensor at a car. > However, all these signals must be filtered. ...

Daq assistant express vi freeze error Labview 7.0 express
Hi, I'm using Labview 7.0&nbsp;express software. I cannot use &nbsp;DAQ assistant because it freezes when I click on it and drag it to the labview page. I have not connected any device so there is no interference. While all other express vi's work DAQ assistant vi doesnot work. Could you please help me? &nbsp; Thank you. Thanks for this quick reply; &nbsp; I checked it and&nbsp;DAQ-mx is already there but the freezing of the DAQ assistant still contiues. I can start the intrument assistant but the DAQ assistant vi does not work. It locks up LABView 7.0 when I try ...

why labview 8.51 change the variable name programatically and is there a better practice to create a driver for a modbus application using the DSC embeded driver in labview
first, let me give you a few backgound, im a developer (labview dsc) i work in the industry and im working in a project we choose labview because it works very ok with other application so we picked up for this one, the problem is that this application is this big: 150 variables per device 250 devices the variables include boolean, strings, double and some re-created variables, most of this must be historized, so the trouble i have is this one: first, when i create a new device, i use a library per device i used to copy the variables and create a new modbus driver for the device, inside the library, im using modbus tcp, so to do this faster i copy the variables and then in the variable editor i link it to the right library name, so this sound very good, obviously this sounds very easy, but well theres a think that i cannot escape, i always have to update the .vi with the new tags and it take a long time, but well thats my work, ok, well my problem begins when i return to my application with 4 devices and realize that it changes de variable path to another library i men it gave me the data of other device and not the right one, so thast the first one, and well in a stand alone app this could not be good, the second trouble i ve recently, ive add the 5, 6 devices, so the variable went down giving me bad values, i test it with kepware opc and it gave me the right values so its a labview problem, my question is: is there a reazon for this, what am i doing wrong? or whats the righ...

Built Application containing VISA resource name control in Labview 7.1 not working
Very new to Labview (student). I built an application (my first)that uses VISA serial in Labview 7.1. The application contains a VISA resource name control. The program worked when silmulated, but not when built as app. When I removed this control from the application and made it a constant - the app worked. Any reason for this? A way around it perhaps? Would love an answer. I did make sure the Run-time engin is correctly installed and that it is not the problem. Thanks, Madri You need to install visa runtime engine on the machine where your exe is installed Doc-Doc I built and tested the e...

Installation of LabView 8 after LabView 6
Good afternoon everybody, &nbsp; I've got a big problem with LabView. The fact is that I begin with this software... I've just installed LabView 8 on a computer where LabView 6 was installed. Once the installation finished, I tried to launch a VI That was developped under the old version. &nbsp; The problem is that two VI can't be found : - AI Sample Channel.vi - AI Acquire Waveform.vi Therefore, I can't use anymore the program that was working before... What is the solution to get everything ok please ? Thank you very much ! SylvianTriquigneaux, the VI will now...

Web resources about - What are my options for deploying DAQ assistant with a built LabView application. - comp.lang.labview

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Google now accepting applications for open source Summer of Code 2016
... of selection. Our Student Manual provides lots of helpful advice to get you started on choosing an organization and crafting a great application". ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 33% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 3.3 percent from one week ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications eke out gain
A growing divide in the mortgage market has emerged between refinance applications and those needed to purchase a home.

IDG Contributor Network: GoDaddy goes cloud, and throws in applications for good measure
GoDaddy is a funny beast. On the one hand the hosting business is huge, boasting 14 million customers worldwide and managing over 60 million ...

Want To Fly A Passenger Jet? JetBlue Is Now Taking Applications From Novice Pilots
Tired of the daily grind, and yearning to spend your work hours among the clouds, using a public address system to tell people to sit back, relax, ...