Why is my GPIB interface dead after installing LabView 6.1 when upgrading from LabView 6.0.2

We installed LV6.1 on our Win2000 machine.  GPIB interface no longer
works.  We had been using LV6.0.2.
0
x9561 (148440)

Did you try to use MAX to check your GPIB interface? Click "F5" to
Refresh the system if you can't see the GPIB interface. If you can see
the it, try to run NI 488.2 Troubleshooting Wizard under
Help->Troubleshooting to test the interface.

Bill
0
x9561 (148440)
1/13/2004 8:44:03 AM
Yes, I used MAX.  The GPIB card shows up there.  So does the GPIB
instrument.  I tried to test the interface with the communicate with
device button.  The query just timed out.  We un-installed the GPIB
card and then re-installed it.  We un-installed all LV programs and
then re-installed LV6.1.  Didn't work.  The next morning I tried the
run NI 488.2 Troubleshooting Wizard that you mentioned above.  The
Card & the interface tested out OK.  So I tested our program again.
Now it works.  Hmmm.  They didn't tell me it would be like this in
school.  I should have become an orthodontist.  Everybody wants nice
teeth...
0
x9561 (148440)