Announcement of ECL
ECL stands for Embeddable Common-Lisp. The ECL project aims to produce
implementation of the Common-Lisp language which complies to the ANSI
definition of the language.
The term embeddable refers to the fact that ECL includes a lisp to C
which produces libraries (static or dynamic) that can be called from C
programs. Furthermore, ECL can produce standalone executables from
code and can itself be linked to your programs as a shared library.
ECL supports the operating systems Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
least v. 9), Microsoft Windows and OSX, running on top of the Intel,
Alpha and PowerPC processors. Porting to other architectures should be
ECL is currently hosted at Common-Lisp.net and SourceForge. The home
the project is http://ecls.sourceforge.net, and in it you will find
releases, a CVS tree and some useful documentation.
- The Mingw port does not work with the stable version of the Boehm-
garbage collector. Users will have to download a more recent version
build and install it in an accessible location for ECL to compile.
- The OpenBSD port does not support multithreaded builds because the
stable version that runs on it does not contain all the required
- --with-cxx is currently broken and ECL does not BUILD with a C++
but it can still be USED in C++ programs.
* Platform support:
- Support for Itanium.
- Support for Solaris and SunStudio compiler.
- Support for Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 10 beta.
- Support for Cygwin.
* Visible changes:
- New function EXT:ARRAY-RAW-DATA returns a non-adjustable vector of
(UNSIGNED-BYTE 8) with the content of an array. The returned array
with the original, so any change on one will affect the other.
- LOAD works on special files (/dev/null and the like).
- New command line option --version outputs the version number
by the implementation name ("ECL 9.11.1" in this particular
- MULTIPLE-VALUE-BIND is optimally replaced with a LET form when the
of variables is 1.
- ECL now accepts Windows' UNC pathnames.
(with-open-file (s #P"//JUANJO-IMAC/Public Folder/index.html"
(loop for l = (read-line s nil nil)
do (princ l)))
- The default memory limits are increased up to 512Mb for 32 bit
4Gb for 64-bits systems.
- The bignums generated by RANDOM did not contain enough random bits.
* Bugs fixed:
- In single-threaded builds, ECL did not properly restore the signal
before jumping out of a signal handler.
- Floating point exceptions were sometimes ignored, leading to
- A new configuration flag is added, --with-dffi. This flag allows
deactivating the foreign function interface when the compiler does
support inline assembly with the GCC syntax and libffi is not
- In a multithreaded ECL, when handling a Ctr-C/SIGINT asynchronous
the CONTINUE restart was not always available.
- In cygwin, LOAD was unable to load and execute binary files.
- In cygwin, FASL files can not lack a file extension, because dlopen
then looks for a file ending in ".dll" and fails.
- In cygwin, files that are dlopen'ed must have executable
- ECL ignored the IGNORABLE declaration.
- The IGNORE/IGNORABLE declarations accept (but ignore) arguments of
for (FUNCTION function-name).
- SUBTYPEP caused a SIGSEGV when the input was a not finalized class.
- Due to the SUBTYPEP bug, ECL could not compile DEFMETHOD forms
arguments referenced non-finalized classes
- When supplied an error value, (EXT:SAFE-EVAL form env &optional err-
never returned the output of the evaluated form.
- FIND-SYMBOL accepted string designators instead of just strings, as
mandated by the ANSI specification.
- APPEND copied also the last argument.
- (LOG #C(x x)) now produces a better result when x == 0
- (ATAN #C(0.0 1.0)) no longer produces an infinite recursion.
- Solved a hard to hit bug in DEFCLASS's routine for detecting
- LOG and LOG1P did not work properly with NaNs under linux.
- ECL had problems combining #. and #n=/#n# reader macros.
- FDEFINITION and SYMBOL-FUNCTION caused an incorrect error condition
acting on NIL.
- The optimizer for TYPEP did not work when passed three arguments.
- CLOS:SET-FUNCALLABLE-INSTANCE-FUNCTION broke the value if
preventing any further access to the instance slots.
- The optimized slot accessors check that the instances are up to
- The use of MAKE-INSTANCES-OBSOLETE now forces UPDATE-INSTANCE-FOR-
to be invoked even if the slots did not change.
- ENSURE-GENERIC-FUNCTION-USING-CLASS does not provide a default
- The socket option TCP_NODELAY option has been fixed: it was
the socket interface SOL_SOCKET instead of IPPROTO_TCP (Chun Tian)
- sockopt-linger and (setf sockopt-linger) now work as they should,
the struct linger argument (M. Mondor)
- ASDF:MAKE-BUILD now accepts also a :PROLOGUE-CODE argument with
be executed before all lisp files are run.
- C:BUILDER's argument :PROLOGUE-CODE can now be a lisp form. In the
standalone programs the prologue code is always executed after
- QUIT did not work from standalone executables created with neither
nor with C:BUILDER.
||12/1/2009 9:15:55 AM
* Bugs fixed:
- RANDOM broken on 64-bits architectures.
- The debugger now shows the package names of inspected variables.
- The code in CLX that dealt with interrupts had become outdated.
* Other changes:
- Methods now show up in the debugger with their original name.
- Enlarged the string buffers used for reading and parsing lisp data.
As usual, available at http://ecls.sourceforge.net
12/3/2009 4:23:27 PM
* Visible changes:
- When converting rationals to floats, ECL now rounds instead of
routine in GMP, which truncates.
- LOAD open streams in buffered mode. It does not cause any
performance increase except in broken network filesystems that lack
buffering such as some implementations of NFS.
The previous fixes are needed to eliminate regressions and previously
existing problems with Maxima. As usual, available in
12/14/2009 10:07:52 AM
(page loaded in 0.1 seconds)
sed queation - remove all characters after a hyphen - comp.unix ...
... 34.1.spkg cddlib-094f.p6.spkg cephes-2.8.spkg cliquer-1.2.p5.spkg conway_polynomials-0.2.spkg cvxopt-0.9.p8.spkg cython-0.12.1.spkg deps docutils-0.5.p0.spkg ecl ...
6500E - comp.dcom.sys.cisco
... 9) 7/12/2007 1:53:27 PM ... ANN: eValid FT-150 Top Page Download Time Survey 0 1 info42 (6)
parsedate (LoadError) 1.9.2 - comp.lang.ruby
Setting encoding of pages in Capybara - comp.lang.ruby [ANN] Mocha 0.9.5 released / Ruby 1.9 ... 7/11/2012 4:12:02 AM
comp.lang.vhdl - page 23
shall I reuse a variable/signal or not? 1 51 (9/12/2003 5:54:25 PM) Dear all, Here is a ... ANN: VHDL IP protection by Source Code Obfuscation 0 81 (9/13/2003 11:43:01 PM) ...
Change from Baseline . - comp.soft-sys.sas
pat vis res 1 BL 12 1 BL 13 1 wk1 14 1 wk2 13 1 wk3 ... 2009 One-Step Change from Baseline Calculations Nancy Brucken, i3 Statprobe, Ann ...
JDK 1.6.0_23 released - comp.lang.java.programmer
On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 23:30:41 +0100, Christian wrote: > Am 07.12.2010 22:39, schrieb Roedy Green: >> JDK 1.6.0_23 has just been released. For hints on how to download ...
Neural network using matlab - comp.ai.neural-nets
... 9*e-14 + 0) = 4.5e-14 > > Since > > MSE(y) = 4.5e-14 < MSEperf = 9.5e-12 ... project on face recognition using artificial neural network - comp ... dear all i doing project ...
What is regression in Artificial Neural Network (ANN) ? - comp ...
... 3/20/2011 12:56:38 PM ... kohonen matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab What is regression in Artificial Neural Network (ANN ...
ANN: Proview PDF Editor for OS X 1.5 0 11 (7/12/2012 5:23:50 PM) Hi Folks, We've just released a new version of our Mac PDF Editor. Proview 1.5 adds significant new ...
TreeView expanded listener RCP/SWT/JFace - comp.lang.java.gui ...
Hi everyone, I am trying to write a method to intiliase a TreeView with huge set of ... 9/7/2006 12:59:11 AM
Ecclesiastes 12 (Blue Letter Bible: RVR - Reina-Valera)
Ecl 12:1: Acuérdate de tu Creador en los días de tu juventud, antes que vengan los días malos, y lleguen los años de los cuales digas: No tengo en ellos ...
Chapter 1: Fundamentals of Electrogenerated Chemiluminescence (ECL)7/27/2012 1:00:11 PM
advantages over CL: (1) ECL has more spatial freedom ... sufficient system is the DPA•+/DPA•− (DPA = 9,10-diphenylanthracene) system.11,12 In contrast, if − DH ann is ...