E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course - Tcl/Tk Programming in Five Easy Lessons

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course
Tcl/Tk Programming in Five Easy Lessons

http://www.linbox.com/ucome.rvt/any/doc_distrib/tcltk-8.3.2/TclCourse/

I am unable to open the ppt files that seem very promising. Can anyone
see what is the problem with them and can convert/fix so that I can
open in the office 2007 or open office ?

Thanks
Bolega

0
bolega
3/24/2011 6:51:51 AM
comp.lang.lisp 16861 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

On 24/03/2011 2:51 AM, bolega wrote:
> E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course
> Tcl/Tk Programming in Five Easy Lessons
>
> http://www.linbox.com/ucome.rvt/any/doc_distrib/tcltk-8.3.2/TclCourse/
>
> I am unable to open the ppt files that seem very promising. Can anyone
> see what is the problem with them and can convert/fix so that I can
> open in the office 2007 or open office ?

What does that have to do with Lisp, bolega?
0
Zapotec
3/24/2011 6:55:49 AM
Am 24.03.11 07:51, schrieb bolega:
> E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course
> Tcl/Tk Programming in Five Easy Lessons
>
> http://www.linbox.com/ucome.rvt/any/doc_distrib/tcltk-8.3.2/TclCourse/
>
> I am unable to open the ppt files that seem very promising. Can anyone
> see what is the problem with them and can convert/fix so that I can
> open in the office 2007 or open office ?

Quote from this page:
"Sun has just released a Netscape Plug-in..."
-> forget it, it's ancient (1997?).

OK, Tcl is pretty stable, probably these programs will still run under
8.5 or 8.6(beta), but there have been many useful enhancements to Tcl in
the meantime, you are better off learning the new stuff immediately.

	Christian
0
Christian
3/24/2011 7:11:10 AM
bolega wrote:
> E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course
> Tcl/Tk Programming in Five Easy Lessons
>
> http://www.linbox.com/ucome.rvt/any/doc_distrib/tcltk-8.3.2/TclCourse/
>
> I am unable to open the ppt files that seem very promising. Can anyone
> see what is the problem with them and can convert/fix so that I can
> open in the office 2007 or open office ?
>
> Thanks
> Bolega

Shoot Microsoft.

even OpenOffice balks on it.

uwe
0
Uwe
3/24/2011 7:27:47 AM
On Mar 24, 2:51=A0am, bolega <gnuist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course
> Tcl/Tk Programming in Five Easy Lessons
>
> http://www.linbox.com/ucome.rvt/any/doc_distrib/tcltk-8.3.2/TclCourse/
>
> I am unable to open the ppt files that seem very promising. Can anyone
> see what is the problem with them and can convert/fix so that I can
> open in the office 2007 or open office ?

On my site, the system says that the registry blocks opening of this
type of file from the web. I didn't try downloading the ppts because
there were html files next to them that should work just as well.

Note that the official Tcl tutorial might be a more contemporary
choice in material. You can find it at http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutoria=
l/tcltutorial.html
..

Also, http://wiki.tcl.tk/ is a tcl community hub of information on Tcl
and Tk.  There you will find tutorials, pointers to tutorials, book
reviews, software, and more.
0
Larry
3/24/2011 11:39:52 AM
On Mar 24, 4:39=A0am, "Larry W. Virden" <lvir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 24, 2:51=A0am, bolega <gnuist...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course
> > Tcl/Tk Programming in Five Easy Lessons
>
> >http://www.linbox.com/ucome.rvt/any/doc_distrib/tcltk-8.3.2/TclCourse/
>
> > I am unable to open the ppt files that seem very promising. Can anyone
> > see what is the problem with them and can convert/fix so that I can
> > open in the office 2007 or open office ?
>
> On my site, the system says that the registry blocks opening of this
> type of file from the web. I didn't try downloading the ppts because
> there were html files next to them that should work just as well.

The site says that html are emaciated. ppts are desirable if they can
be opened as they can then be made into pdf and also annotated. please
see if anyone can help.

> Note that the official Tcl tutorial might be a more contemporary
> choice in material. You can find it athttp://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutori=
al/tcltutorial.html
> .
>
> Also,http://wiki.tcl.tk/is a tcl community hub of information on Tcl
> and Tk. =A0There you will find tutorials, pointers to tutorials, book
> reviews, software, and more.

cheers
Bolega
0
bolega
3/24/2011 3:55:47 PM
> E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course
> Tcl/Tk Programming in Five Easy Lessons

> http://www.linbox.com/ucome.rvt/any/doc_distrib/tcltk-8.3.2/TclCourse/

> I am unable to open the ppt files that seem very promising. Can anyone
> see what is the problem with them and can convert/fix so that I can
> open in the office 2007 or open office ?

I think the problem is with trying to learn Tcl/Tk instead of (Emacs) Lisp.

        Stefan
0
Stefan
3/24/2011 4:47:17 PM
Am 24.03.11 16:55, schrieb bolega:
> On Mar 24, 4:39 am, "Larry W. Virden"<lvir...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> http://www.linbox.com/ucome.rvt/any/doc_distrib/tcltk-8.3.2/TclCourse/
>>
> The site says that html are emaciated. ppts are desirable if they can
> be opened as they can then be made into pdf and also annotated. please
> see if anyone can help.

You can't open the files with a current program, because not only the
content of these ppts is heavily outdated, but also the file format.
'file' tells me:

TclWeek1.ppt: CDF V2 Document, Little Endian, Os: Windows, Version 3.51,
Code page: 1252, Title: An Overview of Tcl and Tk, Author: John
Ousterhout, Comments: First of four talks in all-day Tcl/Tk tutorial.,
Template: D:\MSOffice\Templates\Presentation Designs\Blue Diagonal.pot,
Last Saved By: John Ousterhout, Revision Number: 65, Name of Creating
Application: Microsoft PowerPoint 4.0, Total Editing Time: Thu Jan  1
00:59:59 1970, Last Printed: Thu Aug 29 01:03:22 1996, Create Time/Date:
Sat Nov 26 17:33:58 1994, Last Saved Time/Date: Thu Aug 29 01:03:32
1996, Number of Pages: 26, Number of Words: 2776

So it's of historic interest, written by the master himself in PPT 4.0,
in 1996. A quick look into the html pages also tells me that they are
outdated: Unbraced exprs, eval for list expansion, even unbraced
conditions -- I urgently recommend you to stay away from this outdated
material, you're not wanting to learn Tcl 7.4, you want 8.5

>> Note that the official Tcl tutorial might be a more contemporary
>> choice in material. You can find it athttp://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/tcltutorial.html
>> .

If you're after Tk, a nice tutorial is
http://tkdocs.com/

	Christian

0
Christian

Can't get passed 'use tk;' in my 1st perl/tk program.
I'm trying to run my 1st perl/tk program and can't get passed the "use Tk;" command. I get error, "Can't locate Tk.pm" and if I add a "use lib" pointer to directory containing Tk.pm, I get error message "Can't locate loadable object for module Tk::Event". SEE BELOW for actual scripts and error messages. Environment: Mac OS x 10.3.8; perl version 5.8.1; Tk directory Tk-804.027. Experince level: Used to write lots of perl code, 15 years ago on Sun/unix. Just wrote my 1st perl code on MAC. This is my first try at pe...

[tk] Equivalent to Perl's Tk::Tiler?
Hi All: I making arbitrarily large forms and in doing similar in Perl, I've used Tk::Tiler, a scrollable frame. I'd just pack my various entries into the form, and set a max size, from which the form would automatically scroll if the contents were larger than the form size. I've found a scrollable canvas sample I could use, but worry about the of resources it might take up. Any pointers? Thanks. Forrest From: Forrest Chang <fkc_email-news@yahoo.com> Subject: [tk] Equivalent to Perl's Tk::Tiler? Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 02:17:33 +0900 Message-ID: <81lkyz79...

Re: Small pb to build Tk beta10 with debian's dh-make-perl (was: CPAN Upload: N/NI/NI-S/Tk-804.025_beta10.patch.gz)
Dominique Dumont <domi@komarr.grenoble.hp.com> writes: >Hello > >Nick Ing-Simmons <nick@ing-simmons.net> writes: > >> Pause <cpan-testers@perl.org> writes: >>>The uploaded file >>> >>> Tk-804.025_beta10.patch.gz >>> >>>has entered CPAN as >> >> And the tar ball is on its way. > >There's small but annoying permission problem with some files: > >The tar ball contains: >-r--r--r-- nick/users 4977 2003-12-10 10:37:05 Tk-804.025_beta10/pTk/tk.t > >After a p...

UI design for Tk app--PNG's or GIF's for icons?
I hope this isn't too off-topic. I'm curious as to what others think about the question of gif or png files for icons in a Tk application. I know gif's are more commonly used by Tk developers, likely because gif's are supported natively and some de-facto Tk stock icons (such as those that ship with BWidgets) are gif's. Other formats require the Img extension. Some say that png's look smoother than gifs, which can be jaggy, and this may subtly contribute to user perceptions about an application's polish. So: does anyone use png's in their applications? Or is this, perhaps, more a matter of the overall application design/look/feel than a single factor like the image format of the icons? (Looking at Eclipse, where a huge amount of care has gone into the UI design and where the icons are gifs, leads me to think that this is the case.) -- Kevin Walzer Code by Kevin http://www.codebykevin.com Kevin Walzer <kw@codebykevin.com> writes: >Some say that png's look smoother than gifs, which can be jaggy, and >this may subtly contribute to user perceptions about an application's >polish. So: does anyone use png's in their applications? Or is this, >perhaps, more a matter of the overall application design/look/feel than >a single factor like the image format of the icons? (Looking at Eclipse, >where a huge amount of care has gone into the UI design and where the >icons are gifs, leads me to think that this is the ...

Re: Tk's lack of "chrome" (prompted by Re: Tk::FunkyButton ?)
--- Nick Ing-Simmons <nick@ing-simmons.net> wrote: > > I have had various of list (and even day job) > complaints that perk/Tk > "looks old fashioned". As far as I know, all of this is being addressed in the latest versions of Tk. Now, we should have native support on different platforms, and themes are coming. So the situation will change. > Also tracking/converting Tcl/Tk is a pain (and core > Tk is where > most of the "look" comes from). > > So for perl6 (when it comes) I would rather > write/help-out-with a &g...

Re: Tk's lack of "chrome" (prompted by Re: Tk::FunkyButton ?) #3
Dean Arnold wrote: > Dean Arnold wrote: > > > 3) Have you considered the browser based alternatves ? (Forgive > > the buzzwords) People are doing some amazing things w/ AJAX, > > and with the availablity of XUL and/or XAML (or whatever MSFT > > is calling Avalon these days), the browser seems to be the direction > > everyone is headed. > > Followup: for an idea whats possible w/ Javascript + XUL, see > > http://www.hacksrus.com/~ginda/venkman/screenshots/venkman-20030427.gif > > (Venkman is a Javascript debugger (IDE, ...

Re: Tk's lack of "chrome" (prompted by Re: Tk::FunkyButton ?) #8
Ala Qumsieh <ala_qumsieh@yahoo.com> writes: >--- Nick Ing-Simmons <nick@ing-simmons.net> wrote: > >> >> I have had various of list (and even day job) >> complaints that perk/Tk >> "looks old fashioned". > >As far as I know, all of this is being addressed in >the latest versions of Tk. Now, we should have native >support on different platforms, and themes are coming. >So the situation will change. Well perhaps I should take a look at what they are up to. > >One thing that was mentioned a few times here, ...

RE: Tk's lack of "chrome" (prompted by Re: Tk::FunkyButton ?) #18
Vadim Konovalov <vkonovalov@spb.lucent.com> writes: > >What is wrong with non-western language support in perl/Tk or tcl/tk, BTW? 1. Direction support e.g. right to left for Arabic or Hebrew script, and (I think) vertical for Chinese to have a traditional look. 2. Composite characters - while western scripts typically have precomposed accented characters à and digraphs Æ with other scripts these have to be done by kerning accents into right place relative to base character. 3. Context dependant glyphs - Arabic has one code point represented ...

RE: Tk's lack of "chrome" (prompted by Re: Tk::FunkyButton ?) #6
> > I have had various of list (and even day job) > > complaints that perk/Tk > > "looks old fashioned". > > As far as I know, all of this is being addressed in > the latest versions of Tk. Now, we should have native > support on different platforms, and themes are coming. > So the situation will change. Actually Tcl/Tk has 'tile', which makes fully native usage of widgets in many cases; it is not available in perl/Tk yet. .... > Jeff seemed to imply that the way Perl/Tk is currently > implemented makes it a slow proce...

Re: Tk's lack of "chrome" (prompted by Re: Tk::FunkyButton ?) #14
Hans Jeuken <haje@toneel.demon.nl> writes: >It's not a very serious note what i have to say, >but in all the shiny glittery new gui's like qt and gtk(2) >and wrappers like wx, somehow, i don;t find >perl/Tk looking old fashioned looking, as i have seen >other people saying in this discussion, >if you take a little care of your xresources file. I well thought out set of xresources can help X11 for sure. Windows might be a little more tricky as core tk (as currently ported) aims to use "native look". A VERY simple project would be to make them the perl/Tk compiled-in-defaults > >http://www.toneel.demon.nl/codit_screenshot.png Pink isn't my colour ;-) > >Hans >-++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**== >This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list >server. If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the >message body of "unsubscribe ptk" to majordomo@lists.stanford.edu -++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**== This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list server. If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the message body of "unsubscribe ptk" to majordomo@lists.stanford.edu ...

Re: Tk's lack of "chrome" (prompted by Re: Tk::FunkyButton ?) #16
Konovalov, Vadim wrote: > <> > What is wrong with non-western language support in perl/Tk or tcl/tk, BTW? For one, it is currently limited to Character encodings, and limited support of Unicode, unless I missed something. There are other aspects to consider for several langauges. Support for special input methods, bidi support for languages that read right-to-left. Support for diacritics and more complex ligatures which suggest on-the-fly transformations as data is input. Some of these things are lofty goals but are being tackled in other GUI toolkits. CJK langu...

RE: Tk's lack of "chrome" (prompted by Re: Tk::FunkyButton ?) #4
> -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ptk@lists.Stanford.EDU > [mailto:owner-ptk@lists.Stanford.EDU] On Behalf Of Nick Ing-Simmons > Sent: December 6, 2005 1:51 PM > To: ptk@lists.Stanford.EDU > Subject: Tk's lack of "chrome" (prompted by Re: Tk::FunkyButton ?) > > > I have had various of list (and even day job) complaints that > perk/Tk "looks old fashioned". > > Also tracking/converting Tcl/Tk is a pain (and core Tk is > where most of the "look" comes from). > > So for perl6 (when it come...

Re: Tk's lack of "chrome" (prompted by Re: Tk::FunkyButton ?) #17
On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 21:53, Rob Seegel wrote: > Konovalov, Vadim wrote: > > > <> > > What is wrong with non-western language support in perl/Tk or tcl/tk, BTW? > > For one, it is currently limited to Character encodings, and limited > support of Unicode, unless I missed something. There are other aspects > to consider for several langauges. Support for special input methods, > bidi support for languages that read right-to-left. Support for you're right about right-to-left (bidi), thanks for pointing this. I'm not sure about ...

Re: Tk's lack of "chrome" (prompted by Re: Tk::FunkyButton ?) #12
Paul Falbe <paul@cassens.com> writes: >Now seems a good time to mention some work we've been doing >with froglogic.com. I needed to do some programming for PDAs running >Qtopia. Since, I am better programmer in PerlTk then C++/Qt >I commissioned Harri Porten of froglogic.com to build me >perlTk emmulator if you will using the Qt toolkit instead >of Tk. The project is far enough along that I have a 7300+ >Pq (Perl with Qt) project. The syntax is perlTk but >uses Qt. Sounds interesting. Qt is another option. My preference for gtk is mainly bia...

Re: Tk and xdefaults on windows (prompted by Re: Tk's lack of "chrome") #2
Nick Ing-Simmons <nick@ing-simmons.net> writes: > Hans Jeuken <haje@toneel.demon.nl> writes: > >> I well thought out set of xresources can help X11 > >> for sure. Windows might be a little more tricky > >> as core tk (as currently ported) aims to use "native look". > >> > > > >A couple of years ago i had a W98 machine and i was > >sharing my linux home folder on that machines through > >samba. When launching a perl/Tk script from that > >shared drive on the W98 it used the settings in > >the .Xdefaults file in my homedirectory on my linux > >machine. I do not remember if all settings were correct, > >but at least background colours matched. > > I know how basics work as I have used them myself. > You are correct that for some meaning of "home directory" > (which isn't really a Win32 concept) I once found this API call: my $server = get_domain_server(); if (defined $server) { my($userinfo) = {}; Win32API::Net::UserGetInfo($server, Win32::LoginName(), 2, $userinfo); if ($userinfo) { return $userinfo->{homeDir}; # this is the "home" directory } } Which probably only works in a networked windows environment. Otherwise there are some environment variables which possibly denote a "home" directory: HOMEDRIVE+HOMEPATH, USERPROFILE,...

'use Data::Dumper' in Tk beta6's Menu.pm
I'm getting this error running basic_demo and some of the other demos in beta6. Can't load 'C:/perl/5.8.2/lib/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/auto/Data/Dumper/Dumper.dll' for module Data::Dumper: load_file:�@�~�����C at C:/perl/5.8.2/lib/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/XSLoader.pm line 68. at C:/perl/5.8.2/lib/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/Data/Dumper.pm line 27 Compilation failed in require at C:/perl/site/5.8.2/lib/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/Tk/Menu.pm line 1005. at C:/perl/5.8.2/lib/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/Data/Dumper.pm line 1005 BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/perl/site/5.8...

S*S'-> make a code program of DIFF (S) for S to excute expression:S*S, ( S=vector, S'=dS/dt). ideas to all?
hello everyone, now i need a help of ideas for a program style from all to find :S*S'. here we would not be able to use directly Diff( S) cuz of error of unsame size of S & diff( S). soo i dlove to get any code PROGRAM STYLEs for function S' ( dS/dt) to Find S*S', with S: vector, for example as a begining input: t=0:10; S=2*t.^3 +3*t; Now make a code program to DEFINE S' by ALGORITHM of MATH. dear all, my question going well for understanding?? iam waiting for all. ( hey, give a trial into the world of Math of Algorithm for function & diveritative)-) ...

Re: for Jimmie the button's rural, about me it's long, whereas on you it's pulling easy
Until Karen answers the trees mercilessly, Joie won't open any long sunshines. Better lift dryers now or Jezebel will usably believe them before you. Both changing now, Larry and Patrice solved the rude lanes about pathetic diet. Generally, Jimmy never converses until Kathy recollects the wet twig tamely. Sam moulds the fork among hers and firmly cleans. Her egg was hollow, shallow, and lives among the corner. Get your cruelly calling yogi over my barn. If you will learn Zack's night against plates, it will strangely scold the car. It can recommend the cold unit and cl...

for Frederic the pool's upper, with me it's easy, whereas within you it's calling handsome
Some hot code or stable, and she'll wickedly irritate everybody. She wants to dream weak elbows in Jimmie's desert. Both cooking now, Thomas and Kirsten wandered the bizarre satellites inside sad painter. No trees will be bad elder cases. Will you arrive between the hill, if Steven fully helps the unit? You finally pull pathetic and solves our lower, clever twigs towards a hallway. Where will we tease after Norbert attacks the hollow stadium's tyrant? Otto, in back of wrinkles good and active, climbs on it, departing subtly. I am partly bitter, so I scold you. W...

For Hakeem the habitat's thorough, in particular me it's respective, whereas of course you it's arousing nineteenth-century.
Who will we require after Owen extracts the excessive bowel's debt? These days, it intervenes a reservation too overseas v her brilliant junction. Everyone rather mix level and approachs our slim, tall heats in line with a kiosk. Sometimes, go renew a identification! The teenagers, swimmings, and riots are all conceptual and prepared. Do not surprise the markets totally, oppose them weekly. Many improved bucket or pit, and she'll undoubtably forgive everybody. If you'll affect Kirsten's corridor with staircases, it'll precisely anticipate the separation. ...

Including .so's and .a's in my program
I read somewhere that in order to use some header files (that are available for d/l) I must use either the .so or the .a file. It says that .so stands for Shared Object file (I knew that) and that .a stands for Archive file. But how am I supposed to include those files with my code? I don't think I can link them cuz I think I can only like object files (.o) but I may be wrong. And which one would you suggest? .so or .a? BTW: I'm using GCC 3.3.2 if that's of any help Thanks in advance, - cmad "Chris Mantoulidis" <cmad_x@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a8587dd9.0402290940.1154b761@posting.google.com... > I read somewhere that in order to use some header files (that are > available for d/l) I must use either the .so or the .a file. It says > that .so stands for Shared Object file (I knew that) and that .a > stands for Archive file. But how am I supposed to include those files > with my code? I don't think I can link them cuz I think I can only > like object files (.o) but I may be wrong. And which one would you > suggest? .so or .a? > > BTW: I'm using GCC 3.3.2 if that's of any help > > Thanks in advance, > - cmad You can 'link' an 'so' or an 'a' just as you would a 'o' (object file). See the GCC docs for details. An archive (.a) is merely a collection of '.o' files contained within one file - the '.a' file. The linker will extract copies of the req...

Trial of Musatov's theory: double spaced 'e x p a n d s' and single spaced 'c o n t r a c t s'. Does the spacing post-processing appear equal? If so, what force was lost and where did it g
Musatov's theory 'The space between spaces expands and contracts.' Would this give time a direction? Musatov ...

Proposed Modules: Tk::MDTextBook (renamed: Tk::MIMEApp, Tk::Markdown, Tk::MarkdownTk)
A set of modules that allow easy mixing of code types to be interpretted as a Tk application... The input is in MIME-multipart/mixed format, and easy entity can be markdown (displayed formatted in a Text with options to add Tk windows and behaviours), perl (eval()ed), yaml (structure made available to app) or menu in yaml (posted on main mindow). The purpose of this is to contribute to a compiled program (for Windows/Mac/Linux) that can run appended scripts in this format. The reason for having this format is that resources can be included in the one file. The Markdown stuff is to allow easy inclusion of controls in the context of a document. Tk::MDText - a Tk::Text that displays Markdown with Tk "tags" to include widgets inline. Tk::MDTextBook - a Tk::NoteBook that reads multipart document and contructs an app (using MDTexts) Tk::MDTextBook::Data2Tk - quick sub to make a window and give <DATA> to Tk::MDTextBook Does that make sense to anybody?? Here's an example: E.g.: use strict; use Tk::MDTextBook::Data2Tk; # exports one sub: data2tk; __DATA__ MIME Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=##--##--##--##--## Title: Window Title Here is a prologue --##--##--##--##--## Content-Type: application/x-ptk.markdown Title: _Basic MarkDown ID: Page1 # MarkDown Tk Text Thingy. ## Here is a sub-header And a paragraph here because I wanted to check that it handles stuff right over...

Re: Proposed Modules: Tk::MDTextBook [renamed Tk::MIMEApp, Tk::Markdown, Tk::MarkdownTk
[...]

I can wrap my bindings for debugging -- but it "confuses" 'Tk::Ev's
I'm deriving from Devel::TraceCalls to to see what's going on inside my Perl/Tk application. All works well for normal function calls. But the bindings for keyboard etc. (which would be very helpful to see in the trace) are often anonymous subs -- which Devel::TraceCalls can not trace. So I'm wrapping them like this(excerpt!): my $curbnd = $subw->bind($tag, $sequence); my $method = $curbnd->[0]; my @params = @{$curbnd}[1..$#$curbnd]; local *$id = sub{ $subw->$method(@params) }; trace_calls{ Subs => [$id] }; $subw->bind($tag, $sequence => \&$id); where $id is a string containing a name for the wrapper sub. This works nicely unless the Tk::Callback in $curbnd contains a Tk::Ev Example: for a Tk::Entry, <Key> is bound to $VAR1 = bless( [ 'Insert', bless( do{\(my $o = 'A')}, 'Tk::Ev' ) ], 'Tk::Callback' ); If my key is the down arrow this should insert nothing, because Ev(A) evaluates to the empty string for non-unicode keys. In my wrapped version, however, it inserts a literal 'A' Any idea how to fix this? Regards, Wolfram Ok, found my answer: from perldoc Tk::callbacks: "Ev(...) inserts callback objects into the argument list. When perl/Tk glue code is preparing the argument list for the callback it is about to call it spots these special objects and recursively applies the callback process to them....

Web resources about - E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course - Tcl/Tk Programming in Five Easy Lessons - comp.lang.lisp