I wish there was a livejournal in lisp. A meetup.com a lisp craigslist. A lisp drudgereport. A lisp forum like this. so I had more things to point at and say hey that is lisp powered.. may

I wish there was a livejournal in lisp.
A meetup.com
a lisp craigslist.
A lisp drudgereport.
A lisp forum like this.
so I had more things to point at and say hey that is lisp powered..
maybe a lisp cpan with vote up your favorite project in various categories.
0
derrr_fhurer
12/1/2014 1:15:58 AM
comp.lang.lisp 16861 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

To LISP or not to LISP?
I know there have always been tons of posts on game AI boards asking about LISP, what it is, and if it's used in commercial games. Given that LISP is used in few commercial games, is it worth becoming fluent in anyway? I am considering persuing it for two reasons: A.) It is used in academic papers. Being fluent in LISP allows a person to stay on top of the latest developments in AI. B.) It can be embedded into game engines. I heard that Halo uses an embedded LISP-like language for AI. Could embedded LISP-style languages benificial in the long run? I've been reading ...

Which lisp for a (lisp) novice?
I'd like to learn lisp but I'm confused with the many variants I'm finding. What would you recommend for an experienced programmer in other languages (mainly C and perl), wanting to learn lisp? Should be a well documented lisp and working in Mac OS and main UNIXes (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, ...) I've found and enjoyed the "Practical Common Lisp" book, mainly because it starts with realistic examples, not the car/cdr/lists I had found in the past that lead me to the wrong conclusion that lisp was "only" good at processing abstract lists and could do nothin...

why Common Lisp is not a lisp
How about, when trying to decide "what is lisp" or to apply "lispp" to some _thing_, we just go very low level and somewhat retro and mostly informal? As a straw-man: a lisp is any language implementation which includes a run time system with some recognizably lispish types (cons pairs, numbers, symbols) having their familiar properties (latent typing, gc-based memory management), and implemented in a recognizably traditional way (or a brilliant new way, worthy of being added to the design space). In the language implemented, programs are expressed in s-exp syntax and th...

lisp web servers, lisp as a shell, lisp using rdbms or not
1 I saw the webserver huchentoot seems to want to sit behind apache? araneida seesm to also? Why do they depend on apache? 2 I saw lisp on lines is kinda alpha 3 uncomon web seems cool but also wants to sit behind apache 4 common lisp as a shell is really doible? anyone do this? 5 for large apps is using a rdbms unavoidable? 6 does lisp support or mapping or persisten db conneciton pooling and cacheing? gavino wrote: > 1 I saw the webserver huchentoot seems to want to sit behind apache? > araneida seesm to also? Why do they depend on apache? I can't comment on those particula...

#lisp macros and lisp fanatics
lisp macros and lisp fanatics. [original g+ post https://plus.google.com/b/116187821854023674058/116187821= 854023674058/posts/NewjjhGz4js ] as you may know, i think lisp macro is one of the most idiotic thing in computer science. (and cons, and lisp's IRREGULAR nested syntax) i've wrote perhaps 10 articles on this, and been arguing with lispers for about 10 years. still, once in a while, out of the blue (or, as Naggum says: crawling out of the woodwork), i got some comment or email, criticizing my criticism on lisp. the degree of quality, and what i can guess of the person's ...

On Lisp: the 6 keystones of Lisp
Trying to get a handle on CLOS, I grabbed my Kinkos copy of "On Lisp" and jumped far ahead to the CLOS chapter. In section 25.1, there is a footnote (which in the .pdf version is for page 349) which reads: "Efforts to sum up Lisp in a single phrase are probably doomed to failure, because the power of Lisp arises from the combination of at least five or six features." OK, I can think of 1 extensibility 2 garbage collection 3 functions as a type 4 ... oh-oh out of newbie guesses -- Everyman has three hearts; one to show the world, one to show friends, and one onl...

Lisp vs. Common Lisp
I'm deeply interested in Lisp. I'm learning it through Peter Seibel's PCL. One comment I find a lot when people talk about Lisp is that Lisp is wonderful, but CL has a lot of problems (problems I cannot understand due to my newbieness). Now, I don't want to learn the wrong Lisp. What do people mean by Lisp in this context? Is it Lisp 1, Lisp 1.5, the particular dialect they used and fall in love with? If this unidentified Lisp is so great, why don't they use it and avoid all the pitfalls of CL? On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 09:36:50 -0700, Simon wrote: > I'm...

Why Common Lisp is not a Lisp, continued
[I am picking up this thread again that came to a rest some time ago. I am doing this because it took me relatively long to dig out an article referenced in the posting below.] [I know that such topics are likely to ignite heated discussions between Common Lispniks and Schemers, and some find them practically irrelevant. But, heck, I am interested in these things, and I don't know where else to discuss them. ;) ] > From: Rainer Joswig <joswig@lispmachine.de> > Subject: Re: why Common Lisp is not a lisp > Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 20:01:48 +0200 > Message-ID: <joswi...

Lisp Metadata Importer in Lisp?
Hi, Does a similar software to John Wiseman's "Lisp Metadata Importer" (http://lemonodor.com/archives/001232.html), written in Lisp, exists? The functionality i'm looking for is: extract from Lisp source code an indexed list of symbols and definitions with individual properties. I am currently in the process of writing one, but i have some problems with (read) and packages and other syntactic sugars (macro- characters). Adrian D. ...

A tiny Lisp written in Lisp
Hi ! It exists a page that defines a tiny Lisp in Lisp very tersely. I'm pretty sure to have seen it on the list about one year ago. However I'm not able to find it again. I wonder if Pascal Bourguignon exhibited this program, not absolutely sure to remember. Please have you got any idea about this small program ? Thanks. Fabrice Fab <fabricemarchant@free.fr> writes: > Hi ! > > It exists a page that defines a tiny Lisp in Lisp very tersely. > > I'm pretty sure to have seen it on the list about one year ago. > > However I'm not...

lisp
Hi Where do I put downloaded elisp files for them to work? -do I need to run a script or restart emacs afterwards? I run aquamacs on OSXsnow. /Peter Hans-Peter Engelund Kristiansen <hpek@phys.au.dk> writes: > Hi > > Where do I put downloaded elisp files for them to work? -do I need to > run a script or restart emacs afterwards? > I run aquamacs on OSXsnow. > > /Peter I don't use aquamacs anymore, but it respects .emacs IIRC. So if you add a load path to your .emacs it should correctly work as it would in any other variant. You may want to check out the bu...

lisp
I need a lisp to draw and unfold cone , rectangle to round transition and rectangle to rectangle transition thks Have a look at www.black-cad.de. There is offered a general unfolding program for AutoCAD. Furtehrmore I wrote a routine to create any solid(!) transitions - even from rectangle to round. Regards Jochen "info" <eric@serveur.pdcamb> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:carh88$1191$1@biggoron.nerim.net... > I need a lisp to draw and unfold cone , rectangle to round transition and > rectangle to rectangle transition > thks > > nothing...

Lisp
I would like to know if Lisp provides List Comprehensions (Zermelo Frankel). Also I am interested in logic programming. Besides LispWorks which provides an embedded prolog is there either a production rule system (I checked out LISA but have not yet installed) or prolog module available for lisp? I did look at Schelog for scheme but would like to know if such is available for lisp. I have downloaded on my Mac OSX SBCL, Clisp, and OpenMCL does anyone have any preference to any of these, or other recommendations? I have PAIP, both of grahams books, winston's book, the steele reference, etc...

lisp
can somebody help me : I want to implement all the common lisp functions in C++. Thanks Sagar X-No-archive: yes "Sagar" <sagjo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4ffee5b5.0311051924.42b7de13@posting.google.com... > can somebody help me : > I want to implement all the common lisp functions in C++. Why would you want to do that? I'm sure many elementary Lisp and Scheme interpreters in C are available on the internet. I assume that you mean "common functions in lisp" and not "Common Lisp functions." M. sagjo@hotmail.com (Sagar) wrote: > can ...

Web resources about - I wish there was a livejournal in lisp. A meetup.com a lisp craigslist. A lisp drudgereport. A lisp forum like this. so I had more things to point at and say hey that is lisp powered.. may - comp.lang.lisp

My browser visited Drudgereport and all I got was this lousy malware
New rash of malvertising attacks threatens millions of Web surfers. Millions of people visiting drudgereport.com, wunderground.com, and other ...

Sweet: The story behind the Obama photo on Drudgereport.com
WASHINGTON—Retired Air Force Gen. Scott Gration, who accompanied Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) on his trip to Kenya in 2006, on Monday defended ...

DrudgeReport
The Stories Business Faith Tech TheBlaze TV Radio Magazine The Blog Contributors Books The Marketplace Sign In Sign Up User Profile Log Out Hot ...

Jason Samenow (@JSamenow) on Twitter

Rush Limbaugh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rush Hudson Limbaugh III ( 1951-01-12 ) January 12, 1951 (age 61) Cape Girardeau, Missouri , U.S. Roxy Maxine McNeely (1977–1980, div.) Michelle ...

Making Unique Observations in a Very Cluttered World
Multi-agency armed raid hits Rawesome Foods, Healthy Family Farms for selling raw milk and cheese - This is a NaturalNews exclusive breaking ...

Google Trends
... Use commas to compare multiple search terms. Examples google docs, zoho google docs, zoho, jotspot kinase inhibitors washingtonpost.com, drudgereport.com ...

How is Sarah Palin Paying for Her Road Trip?
So, how’s Sarah Palin paying for this grand tour anyway? At the Statue of Liberty today, ABC News asked the former Alaska governor how much her ...

Google Results Protected by First Amendment, Says Google-Commissioned Report
... examples. newspapers’ daily judgments about which wire service stories to run and where to feature them the judgment of sites such as DrudgeReport.com ...