Problems building CLISP 2.35 on OS X?

Has anyone but me had any trouble building CLISP on an OS X (10.4)
machine? I grabbed the CVS sources today and tried to build them and
it died with this message:

  stream.d: In function 'rl_memory_abort':
  stream.d:15068: error: 'rl_gnu_readline_p' Undeclared (first use in this function)
  make[1]: *** [stream.o] Error 1
  make: *** [staging/clisp-2.35/src/clisp] Error 2

Anyone know what this is about?

-Peter

P.S. I realize that this would be better addressed to the CLISP
developers list but the moderator of that list rejected my message
when I tried to post it there via Gmane. I'm hoping someone here can
help me out so I can build a refreshed OS X Lispbox without having to
subscribe to a mailing list I'd rather read via Gmane.

--
Peter Seibel           * peter@gigamonkeys.com
peter14 (674)

Peter Seibel <peter@gigamonkeys.com> writes:

> Has anyone but me had any trouble building CLISP on an OS X (10.4)
> machine? I grabbed the CVS sources today and tried to build them and
> it died with this message:
>
>   stream.d: In function 'rl_memory_abort':
>   stream.d:15068: error: 'rl_gnu_readline_p' Undeclared (first use in this function)
>   make[1]: *** [stream.o] Error 1
>   make: *** [staging/clisp-2.35/src/clisp] Error 2
>
> Anyone know what this is about?

clisp-2.35 on 10.3 has no difficulties.
There must be a different or broken readline on 10.4.

If you install readline with fink, you should be able to compile using
it adding: --with-readline-prefix=/sw
to ./configure.

You can also compile clisp without readline: --without-readline

Right.  Better subscribe and address directly <clisp-list@lists.sourceforge.net>

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> * Peter Seibel <crgre@tvtnzbaxrlf.pbz> [2005-11-01 22:47:52 +0000]:
>
> Has anyone but me had any trouble building CLISP on an OS X (10.4)
> machine? I grabbed the CVS sources today and tried to build them and
> it died with this message:
>
>   stream.d: In function 'rl_memory_abort':
>   stream.d:15068: error: 'rl_gnu_readline_p' Undeclared (first use in this function)
>   make[1]: *** [stream.o] Error 1
>   make: *** [staging/clisp-2.35/src/clisp] Error 2
>
> Anyone know what this is about?

broken readline.

> P.S. I realize that this would be better addressed to the CLISP
> developers list but the moderator of that list rejected my message
> when I tried to post it there via Gmane. I'm hoping someone here can
> help me out so I can build a refreshed OS X Lispbox without having to
> subscribe to a mailing list I'd rather read via Gmane.

see <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/faq.html#faq-rejected>

<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.savegushkatif.org>
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/>
Time would have been the best Teacher, if it did not kill all its students.
0
sds (415)
11/1/2005 11:54:25 PM
> * Peter Seibel <crgre@tvtnzbaxrlf.pbz> [2005-11-01 22:47:52 +0000]:
>
> Has anyone but me had any trouble building CLISP on an OS X (10.4)
> machine? I grabbed the CVS sources today and tried to build them and
> it died with this message:
>
>   stream.d: In function 'rl_memory_abort':
>   stream.d:15068: error: 'rl_gnu_readline_p' Undeclared (first use in this function)
>   make[1]: *** [stream.o] Error 1
>   make: *** [staging/clisp-2.35/src/clisp] Error 2
>
> Anyone know what this is about?

this question is answered in clisp/unix/PLATFORMS file in the source
distribution.

<http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/> <http://www.dhimmi.com/>
<http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.camera.org>
Marriage is the sole cause of divorce.
0
sds (415)

Quick and Easy Money #2
Try this out, it works!!!! Turn $10 into $10,000 with PayPal..Easy & Quick PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THIS INFORMATION. THIS REALLY WORKS!!! " I WAS SHOCKED WHEN I SAW HOW MUCH MONEY CAME FLOODING INTO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT." -Mark 2004 Dear Friend, This is a new program as you will see. It can be for the U.S. Canada, S=2EE Asia or the U.K. This is a fantastic opportunity, try it for yourself!! EVERYTHING DONE ONLINE! With just $10 or =A35 and a Paypal PREMIER or BUSINESS account, you could make $$Thousands$$ in 2 SIMPLE STEPS! GUARANTEED - you will have $10,000 in two weeks. Only ...

ORA-00997 8i trigger long raw problem
Hi, Have a table that i need to populate with 1 record of an identical type from another table in an after insert using a trigger. Usually no problem at all except am forced into using and keeping a field which is a LONG RAW type that now generates an ORA-00997 error. It is all text stored in a LONG RAW format. The table the record needs to be inserted INTO looks like ... RFQ_ID VARCHAR2 15 RFQ_LINE NUMBER 0 TYPE CHAR 1 BITS LONG RAW BITS_LENGTH NUMBER 0 The data the table comes FROM looks like this. PART VARCHAR2 30 PART_LINE NUMBER 0 TYPE CHAR 1 BITS LONG RAW BITS_LENG...

HLA asm problem?
When compiling my HLA code I get (100s of these): .... dted3.asm:182: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' dted3.asm:199: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' dted3.asm:201: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' dted3.asm:221: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pop' .... When I try it on another Linux box it compiles no problem. Problem box: SuSE 10.0 (kernel 2.6.13-15.8), HLA 1.86, GNU assembler 2.16.91.0.2 20050720 (SuSE Linux) No problem box: SuSE 9.2 (kernel 2.6.8-24), HLA 1.86, GNU assembler 2.15.91.0.2 20040727 (SuSE Linux) ---John jchludz...

Using a NI 9211 with type k thermocouples I get an error of 200279 and when I stop and restart the vi, the temperature jumps ~2-10 C.
I am using Labview 8.5 Base version on Windows XP. I am taking 9 readings at a rate of 0.01 Hz, and a sampling time of 200 sec. (If I have the rate equivalent to the sampling time I get an error). The data is recorded in a .txt file, set up by a LabView engineer. I am having a couple of different problems with this VI. 1) Error 200279-Occurs after approximately 66 hours-I have checked to see if my usbehci.sys was up to date, it is.-In the past I could deal with this problem, but recently I have been running into fun problem number 2:2) Temperature drift-When I stop the VI before I get the erro...

When Maximum PC builds systems, they only install Windows
May 2012 issue $500 'What Recovery?!' system: Win7 Home Premium 64-bit $1300 'Sweet Spot' system: Win7 Home Premium 64-bit $2100 'Tax Refund' system: Win7 Professional 64-bit What - you expect them to ruin their professional reputations by installing/recommending Linux on a new system? Get real. MS is doomed. On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 10:10:17 -0400, DFS wrote: > May 2012 issue > > $500 'What Recovery?!' system: Win7 Home Premium 64-bit > > $1300 'Sweet Spot' system: Win7 Home Premium 64-bit > > $2100 'Tax Refund' sys...

help needed!! #2
hello, I'm a new user to Matlab, and i'm facing some problem in solving my programming problem. Below are the summary of the question that i m facing. product 1: machine used: lather-------1 hour required grinder------0 hour required milling------3 hours required product 2: machine used: lather-------2 hours required grinder------2 hours required milling------1 hour required product 3: machine used: lather-------0.5 hours required grinder------4 hours required milling------5 hours required product 4: machine used: lather-------3 hours required grinder------1 hours required mi...

Why does ndims(zeros(1,1,1)) equal 2?
Why does ndims(zeros(1,1,1)) equal 2 and not 3? "Alan" wrote in message <itnj88$5ka$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Why does ndims(zeros(1,1,1)) equal 2 and not 3? n = ndims(A) returns the number of dimensions in the array A. The number of dimensions in an array is always greater than or equal to 2. Trailing singleton dimensions are ignored. A singleton dimension is any dimension for which size(A,dim) = 1. "Alan " <alan.newsgroup.acount@gmail.com> wrote in message news:itnj88$5ka$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Why does ndims(zeros(1,1,1)) equal 2 a...

ACE+TAO+CIAO x.5.9 released
Hi all, Thanks to the substantial efforts by many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO beta. It is available from the same download location as per the previous release at http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/ under the heading "Latest Beta Kit". The doxygen documentation for the beta is also available. Included with this beta, besides the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles, we also provide source only packages for the group of users which use MPC to generate their own makefiles. We encourage y...

a problem
hi, any one of the group ,please solve my problem "is there is any method to find given number is even or odd without using if ,else ,for,while,switch,conditional operators,if else ladders...." On 10 Feb 2007 06:15:46 -0800, bharath539@gmail.com wrote: > any one of the group ,please solve my problem > "is there is any method to find given number is even > or odd without using if ,else ,for,while,switch,conditional > operators,if else ladders...." Yes, there is. Problem solved! /gordon -- [ don't email me supp...

Registry Problem in Vista
Since I got Vista, Eudora has been unable to register itself in the registry. Every time I start Eudora, I get a pop up that claims Eudora could not register itself and I have to dismiss the pop up before Eudora will process the mail. This also prevents Eudora from being registered as the default mail client. Has anyone solved that annoyance? (This may be a non-issue for me, since I am considering wiping this notebook, and installing XP. The answer may help me make up my mind.) Rick Rick wrote: > Since I got Vista, Eudora has been unable to register itself in the >...

Software Developer earning his Doctorate needs help #2 #2
After 10 days I have 309 responses and I would like to get about 30 more since some of the responses are not valid. I will keep the survey up until 4pm PST Friday April 23, 2004. Feel free to ask your Developer friends and I sincerely thank you for the help. Also, thanks to the developers that were kind enough to respond! I have been a Software Developer for 25 years mostly PC based for the last 20. I have been earning my Doctorate for the past 4 years and am now doing my Dissertation. The theme of my dissertation is the relationships between job characteristics, job satisfaction and turnover...

Easiest way to downgrade kernel from 7.3 to 7.2
Hi, We've got several 7.3 compute servers (kernel 2.4.20) that I need to downgrade to 7.2 (kernel 2.4.7-10) in order to apply a kernel patch to increase process size to 3.6GB. We're running the older OS version(s) because it's the only commonly supported kernel for our vendor apps (Mentor, Synopsis, Cadence, ...). The patch from Synopsis is to modify page_offset.h/processor.h and rebuild the 7.2. kernel. Since we're running 7.3 I don't want to have to reinstall from scratch. Is there an easier way to downgrade from 7.3 -> 7.2 without starting over? I&#...

123 VER9 DATE PROBLEM
I am attempting to assign a script to a button that will, when first placed in the proper cell. Enter @now- then do a range value- then place in edit mode- then move the cursor to the start and erase the 2 characters that are the day and await the input of the day I want to use- then it closes with the enter button. I have figured all this out except that the {EDIT} command when used returns the date number. I have found that it does not represent the F2 keystroke. What am I missing here. The cell is formatted date-13-Dec-2006. Thanks Dave David Cartier wrote... >I am at...

SN#13525 Ingrian DataSecure Platforms Now Integrable with Solaris[TM] OS
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 78 Issue 1 2004-08-02 Article 13525 from section "New Product Marketplace" Support for PKCS #11 Cryptographic Standard Broadens Deployment Options Ingrian Networks Inc. has expanded its support for cryptographic APIs. Through its adoption of the Public Key Cryptography Standard (PKCS) #11, the Ingrian DataSecure Platforms now easily integrate with Solaris[TM] Operating System (Solaris OS), Windows and Linux environments. A provider of data privacy solutions, Ingrian strives to protect sensitive inform...

python 2.2
hi, i have recently downloaded python 2.2. i have tried a few online tutorials and i feel that i am not learning the language, the only thing i can do at this moment is >>>print "..." does anyone know a really good understandable tutorial? thanx, willie clement Hi, from your message I cannot see what's the problem with the tutorials you tried, nor what was the problem about them. If the ones you tried were to simple, I recommend to have a look at "Dive into Python" http://www.diveintopython.org/ IMHO it shows some of Python's strengths quite nicely. ...

Menu Problems
figure string = {'Item 1','Item 2','Item 3'}; %Menu menu_hdl = uimenu('Label','Options'); for i = 1:3 uimenu(menu_hdl,'Label',char(string(i)),'Callback','disp(char(string(i )))'); end problem- when uimenu is executed in the for loop variable i is assigned as intended to the label in the menu but when the Callback is executed from the menu it grabs the latest value of i and not the one that should have been assigned when the menu was created. Is there any way to get the desired value of i passed to disp(char(stri...

-1 / +1 problem..
Hello all, I am sorry to ask you again for another problem, as I am a new MATLab user. I have a matrix, rAlphaSet with combinations of +1 and -1. I want to make 2 Matrices rAlpha1 and rAlpha2. I took 2 random numbers r1 and r2. Then I wanted to copy the r1th and r2th column of rAlphaSet to rAplha1 and rAlpha2. But the problem is, when I was running the code, rAlpha1 and rAlpha2 were not having the columns from rAlphaSet. Here is the code: rAlphaSet = (npermutek([-1 1], 2^m))'; rAlpha1 = zeros(2^m,N); rAlpha2 = zeros(2^m,N); for i = 1:N r = randi(256,1); rAlpha1(:,i) = rAlphaSet...

Problem with PID.vi
I'm using LABVIEW 4.1 with PID Toolkit I use PID VI. I try to use it in an furnace control but doesn't work. For example, with a set point of 50% output stay still to a level of 25% with the PV following this value. What could be the origin of this problem? Does anyone succeed in working perfectly with PID VI from NI? Advices are welcome Hello hora, My first bit of advice would be to see if you have tuned your PID correctly. It would seem to me that you have proportional gain (K) but no integral (I) to eliminate your SP-PV error. Also watch the "reinitial (F)" input. ...

I also need help with Duplex on my IP4000 (Different Problem)
It seems that if I print the same document with exact same settings the print quality of black is paler when using Duplex. It seems that it is not using the same black ink as the Non Duplex printing. Anyone know if this is the case, or should I try a reinstall of the software? Thanks Mike FIRST YOU SHOULD USE ONLY CANON OEM PIGMENTED INK AND SELECT PLAIN PAPER. THEN YOU SHOULD USE A HIGH QUALITY PAPER LIKE HAMMERMILL PREMIUM INKJET PAPER THAT YOU CAN GET AT STAPLES OR OFFICE DEPOT. YOU SHOULD NOT EXPERIENCE THAT. BUT IF YOU DO NOT USE CANON OEM INK THEN YOU ...

Problems with compilation for Windows
Trying to prepare FreeWrap for Windows, I've got a problems while compiling Tk 8.5.1 (using free "Express" release of Visual C++, taken from MS-site). The compilation has been interrupted with errors: ============================================================================= link -nologo -machine:IX86 -ltcg -release -opt:ref -opt:icf,3 -subsystem :windows -stack:2300000 -out:".\Release_VC9\wish85s.exe" kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib "c:\freewrap\tcl8.5.1\win\Release_VC9\tcl85s.lib" .\Release_VC9\tk_St atic\winMain.obj .\Release_VC9\tk_Static\wi...

Problems with wxProcess::OnTerminate()
I'm having problems with the following code. The program (sleep.exe) is executed as expected, but Process::OnTerminate() is never called. (The text "Terminated" is not printed and it never breaks on the function in the debugger). I'm using Visual C++ 7.1 and the program is linked to wxBase with wxUSE_GUI set to 0. All help is apreciated. Here's the code: ------------------------------------ main.cpp --------------------------- #include <wx/process.h> #include <wx/app.h> /********************************************************************...

Problem with comma delimted file
My access table when exported to a comma delimited field gets all messed up because some of the fields have the double quote character - ". Used for measurements and other things. I guess I will have to strip them out. How can I replace the " for a blank space? I am having trouble doing it with the replace command in a sql statement. sqlstatement = "update table set table.[item] = replace(table.[item]," & """""""" & "," + """""" + ")" this gives an error. what to do? On...

Monitor problem
Hi, This shows how long it's been since I've had to do this... I've had to get some material off the RiscStation in front of me at work. It's connected to an IIyama VisionMaster 1451 (nice big monitor), but I'm not getting any display. I've tried pressing 0 on boot (as well as 1 - 4) and T (and R - can't remember what the reset is), but nothing seems to happen. Is there any way I can get a machine to boot so it thinks the monitor is an AKF51 (or whatever the "default" was)? TTFN Paul -- "Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong wi...

UDB 7.2, LDAP and ODBC Data Sources on Client
Hi everybody, we are using DB2 UDB 7.2 FP 11 on WinNT 4.0 (SP5) machines, LDAP works quite fine. As I already googled, there is however the question on how to apply e.g. "db2 catalog system odbc data source <name>" on the client-machines. One can roll out an initial config, no problem. But how do you guys out there manage deleted or new databases on your clients? I read one post about "self-repairing MSI packages" but unfortunately, the author did not elaborate further. Would I have to use e.g. a WSH-script (check if all DBs in LDAP are catalogued as OD...

installation problem uconv-0.4.12. plz help
Hi guys, I need to install Unicode Conversion Module for Ruby version 0.4.12 by Yoshida Masato.I have followed the commands of the link inmy windows system http://www.yoshidam.net/uconv_en.txt but when I use the command "ruby extconf.rb" it create "MakeFile" but when I use "make" command it fails...'make' is not recognized as a command so I can not install Uconv. I use ruby 1.8.5 (2006-12-25 patchlevel 12) [i386-mswin32] How can i solve the problem? Any other way to convert Unicode string to Japanese string. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com...